User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:42 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 triggered by a black woman. I'm simply shocked!



I’m actually shocked that he’s allowed by the moderators on this site to endlessly spout his thinly-disguised racism and misogyny. Must be quite a life when one is so bitter.
 
seb146
Posts: 18901
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:52 am

johnboy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 triggered by a black woman. I'm simply shocked!



I’m actually shocked that he’s allowed by the moderators on this site to endlessly spout his thinly-disguised racism and misogyny. Must be quite a life when one is so bitter.


Some people are like that. I don't like it but there are Americans who are like that. Free speech comes with good and bad. This is just how some people are. Not a 21st Century way of thinking. I don't like it and I know he is not going to change but I want to hear it. Seeing 19th Century opinions in the 21st Century.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:16 am

Here’s something to get you laughing:

Sarah Palin calls Stacey Abrams a ”literal loser.”
Internet reads her for FILTH!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sa ... 3e410c571b
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 12198
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:31 am

johnboy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 triggered by a black woman. I'm simply shocked!



I’m actually shocked that he’s allowed by the moderators on this site to endlessly spout his thinly-disguised racism and misogyny. Must be quite a life when one is so bitter.


Where is the racism in my posts? I never said anything that had to do with her race. I don't care that she is black. I care that she is thinks every time a Dem wins it's a stolen election or when a Rep wins it's Russia interference. I have been just as critical of Warren and Schumer and Pelosi.

You guys have to stop watching MSNBC it's seriously affecting your ability to think clearly.

seb146 wrote:

Hillary was the most qualified in 2016. You MAGA fan boys hated the idea of a woman or even a Democrat leading. Your party is trying it's level best to erase the Obama years.

Even after his time in office, your leader is not even 1/4 as qualified as Kamala Harris. Sure, Biden would mop the floor with him because he is extremely qualified.

One of the reasons you have the leader you have is because people kept saying "we need an outsider" and "we need someone who is not beholden to Washington politics" and so forth. Turns out, he is beholden to Russia, but that is being discussed in another thread.

The RNC has thrown is total support behind the current occupant of the White House. The best way for a qualified Republican to run is as an independent and that will split the Republican ticket.

The loudest and scariest racism and homophobia comes from the MAGA fan boys of the Republican party. Don't even try to make this Democrat's and "liberals" doing this. This is completely and totally the MAGA fan boys out there beating people up for their skin color or who they love. Not Democrats. Get a grip and step outside your MAGA bubble.



Again your crying racism every time your candidates screw up is getting pretty old. It's also part of the reason Trump won because the educated independent voter sees through your unhinged propaganda and votes with their brain. (imagine that) Hillary was a qualified politician but Trump is a competent executive and ran a better campaign. You see it's an election. Not a coronation. Hillary never understood that. She took it for granted, insulted a huge, important part of the electorate and quite frankly is not likable. It hurt her and I don't care she is old news and was never close to her husband as a leader.

As for your Harris argument. I am not sure being a lawyer and an AG with some Senate experience makes you this well qualified candidate. It's more of your pushing a minority female down our throats and calling us racist when we don't agree with you. It's ok she will be dropping out the day after Iowa when she can't even finish 3rd and runs out of money.
See that Broccoli over there? It's racist!
 
A3801000
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/29/politics/stacey-abrams-democratic-response-state-of-the-union/index.html

Just more hate and division. So now you trot out someone who is not even holding office and feels her election was stolen from her? Man the Democratic party is going way left. It will be funny to watch them repeat history.

When will the madness end.

Discuss


Nice one, Trump has never had a wife born anywhere near the USA and 'imported' always her full family. He is known to 'walk by accident' into changing rooms off teenage beauty contestants and has been acussed of rape and sexually molestion by 40+ girls and women. He has and still does employ 'illegal immigrants' if it saves him money.
And you talk about morals? Drain the swamp? how about you have a chat with your wife who probably is your cousin too and check our appliances in your front yard? Delete your internet access and maybe let people do with things they know about?
 
N867DA
Posts: 1072
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:53 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
[
or
As for your Harris argument. I am not sure being a lawyer and an AG with some Senate experience makes you this well qualified candidate. It's more of your pushing a minority female down our throats and calling us racist when we don't agree with you. It's ok she will be dropping out the day after Iowa when she can't even finish 3rd and runs out of money.


Who's pushing Kamala Harris down anyone's throat? As far as I know, she's running on her own volition and if she drops out after Iowa that's her prerogative. I guess you're as independent as I am!

Stacy will be fine. She has a valid reason to be concerned since she was running against the sitting Secretary of State, the guy that's supposed to be an impartial election coordinator. I don't know if she's right about the suppression efforts but her concern is definitely valid.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you
 
seb146
Posts: 18901
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:48 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Hillary was the most qualified in 2016. You MAGA fan boys hated the idea of a woman or even a Democrat leading. Your party is trying it's level best to erase the Obama years.

Even after his time in office, your leader is not even 1/4 as qualified as Kamala Harris. Sure, Biden would mop the floor with him because he is extremely qualified.

One of the reasons you have the leader you have is because people kept saying "we need an outsider" and "we need someone who is not beholden to Washington politics" and so forth. Turns out, he is beholden to Russia, but that is being discussed in another thread.

The RNC has thrown is total support behind the current occupant of the White House. The best way for a qualified Republican to run is as an independent and that will split the Republican ticket.

The loudest and scariest racism and homophobia comes from the MAGA fan boys of the Republican party. Don't even try to make this Democrat's and "liberals" doing this. This is completely and totally the MAGA fan boys out there beating people up for their skin color or who they love. Not Democrats. Get a grip and step outside your MAGA bubble.



Again your crying racism every time your candidates screw up is getting pretty old. It's also part of the reason Trump won because the educated independent voter sees through your unhinged propaganda and votes with their brain. (imagine that) Hillary was a qualified politician but Trump is a competent executive and ran a better campaign. You see it's an election. Not a coronation. Hillary never understood that. She took it for granted, insulted a huge, important part of the electorate and quite frankly is not likable. It hurt her and I don't care she is old news and was never close to her husband as a leader.

As for your Harris argument. I am not sure being a lawyer and an AG with some Senate experience makes you this well qualified candidate. It's more of your pushing a minority female down our throats and calling us racist when we don't agree with you. It's ok she will be dropping out the day after Iowa when she can't even finish 3rd and runs out of money.


Pointing out that MAGA fan boys are racist is not "crying racism every time (our) candidate loses". Given that the attorney general of Georgia refused to remove himself from the vote counting AND there were a disproportional number of African Americans turned away at the polls are two more topics that have little to do with your hatred of Abrams.

Maybe you just don't like that she speaks the truth and it hits too close to home?

African Americans have been singled out and denied voting in larger and larger numbers ever single election. Especially in heavily MAGA districts, which just happen to be Republican controlled districts. Please explain why, in Republican districts, African American voters are not given their Constitutional right but in center and left districts, they are? Seems off to me.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 12198
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:21 pm

seb146 wrote:

Maybe you just don't like that she speaks the truth and it hits too close to home?.


She lost an election she felt she was entitled to. Just like Hillary. Want to prove voter fraud? Then prove it and don't concede the election and bring a lawsuit. I don't deny people the right to vote. GA voted. Deal with it and stop calling people racist because they didn't vote for her.
See that Broccoli over there? It's racist!
 
alfa164
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:04 am

NIKV69 wrote:
[I don't deny people the right to vote. GA voted..


But you fervently support the politicians who do.

johnboy wrote:
I’m actually shocked that he’s allowed by the moderators on this site to endlessly spout his thinly-disguised racism and misogyny. Must be quite a life when one is so bitter.


NIKV69 wrote:
It's more of your pushing a minority female down our throats...


Mr. Johnboy, you can rest your case now...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
seb146
Posts: 18901
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:40 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Maybe you just don't like that she speaks the truth and it hits too close to home?.


She lost an election she felt she was entitled to. Just like Hillary. Want to prove voter fraud? Then prove it and don't concede the election and bring a lawsuit. I don't deny people the right to vote. GA voted. Deal with it and stop calling people racist because they didn't vote for her.


You keep claiming people are calling you racist because they didn't vote for her. No one but no one says that but you MAGA fan boys. You all keep saying "stop saying we are racist for not voting for her!" That makes zero sense because no one is doing that.

You don't find it the least bit odd or even hinting at illegal the man who oversaw the vote counting was also running and refused to remove himself from office?

You keep saying that, by making that statement, I am calling you and those who voted against Abrams racist. How? YOU keep bringing up her race.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
KICT
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Identity politics cost you in 2016 and will in 2020.

Whatever you do, yes, completely ignore the midterm election results!
You are a clown. In person, and online (we've met!).
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 12198
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:29 am

KICT wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Identity politics cost you in 2016 and will in 2020.

Whatever you do, yes, completely ignore the midterm election results!
You are a clown. In person, and online (we've met!).


Congrats you are an online stalker. Like I have said numerous times. If the 2020 election has already been decided by the 2018 election than you will defeat Trump and all will be right in your world. We can revisit it on election night.
See that Broccoli over there? It's racist!
 
apodino
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:36 pm

My choice to give the response would be Ralph Northam personally. ;)

All kidding aside, Its an interesting choice to choose someone who just lost their election to give this response. Last year, Joe Kennedy was criticized as being the choice because he is a white male, which apparently is starting to be disqualifying if you want to get elected as a democrat these days. They wanted a woman or someone of color to give the response. One challenge they had is that other people who might have been good for this, such as Booker or Harris would be seen as the democratic party favoring one presidential candidate over another. Secondly, new democrats such as Cortez don't seem to be liked by the establishment of the democratic party.

Personally, I think the perfect person to give the response would have been Tammy Duckworth. She is a woman, she left limbs on the battlefield in service for her country, does not appear to be seeking higher office at this time, and checks all the boxes for someone you would want to give such a speech.
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 1283
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:12 pm

What happened?
Was her speech cancelled?
Why is there no follow-up here on a.net?

I'm guessing it is because y'all don't want to revisit your earlier predictions in case they were wrong.
Meh.

With the sound turned off, I noticed something - probably not a new thing at all, and almost certainly not Ms Abrams' fault, but I did enjoy counting the gently nodding heads behind her.

In the brief wide shot at the start, I counted 37 bodies.
Normally when it comes to politics, women are under-represented, but strangely in this case 67% of the audience were female (25).

As the camera slowly zoomed in, the first to go were the five men carefully positioned on the wings. Of the handful of men that remained, most had their heads cut off by the camera because they were taller than average and hence positioned at the back.
Of the very few men left, the most visible was an angelic young boy who probably hadn't gotten around to shaving yet. Elsewhere all you could see was wall-to-wall smiling women.

It was all carefully orchestrated fluff and cotton wool.

As for the speech itself; I guess that was all fluff and cotton wool too. :lol:

Now let's hear your comments.
Nothing to see here; move along please.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 7727
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:35 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
What happened?
Was her speech cancelled?
Why is there no follow-up here on a.net?

I'm guessing it is because y'all don't want to revisit your earlier predictions in case they were wrong.
Meh.

With the sound turned off, I noticed something - probably not a new thing at all, and almost certainly not Ms Abrams' fault, but I did enjoy counting the gently nodding heads behind her.

In the brief wide shot at the start, I counted 37 bodies.
Normally when it comes to politics, women are under-represented, but strangely in this case 67% of the audience were female (25).

As the camera slowly zoomed in, the first to go were the five men carefully positioned on the wings. Of the handful of men that remained, most had their heads cut off by the camera because they were taller than average and hence positioned at the back.
Of the very few men left, the most visible was an angelic young boy who probably hadn't gotten around to shaving yet. Elsewhere all you could see was wall-to-wall smiling women.

It was all carefully orchestrated fluff and cotton wool.

As for the speech itself; I guess that was all fluff and cotton wool too. :lol:

Now let's hear your comments.


Nothing much to follow up on.

Here is her speech with NPR annotations.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/69034642 ... on-address

Rather strong finish.

So even as I am very disappointed by the president’s approach to our problems, I still don’t want him to fail. But we need him to tell the truth, and to respect his duties and respect the extraordinary diversity that defines America.

Our progress has always found refuge in the basic instinct of the American experiment — to do right by our people. And with a renewed commitment to social and economic justice, we will create a stronger America together. Because America wins by fighting for our shared values against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

That is who we are, and when we do so — never wavering — the state of our union will always be strong.

Thank you, and may God bless the United States of America. (Applause.)
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
BN747
Posts: 5727
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:58 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Dude get a grip and stop with the made up racism and outrage. At the moment and actually in 2016 Joe Biden was and is your best bet to win in 2020. It's great that a black woman wants to be president but I don't want government health care with no choice. I don't want high taxes nanny state. So I will reject her. It doesn't make me a racist that hates women. I swear you really should talk to someone because if you really think like this it's downright scary.


Seeing that your predictions and pre-SOU comments re:Abrams bore nothing like what was delivered...I'd say anyone...and I mean anyone 'taking any foretelling advice from you is asking, no....begging to be misguided every step of the way.

You railed about her being 'a loser (in an election clearly stolen from her)' came dripping with racist dog whistle packaging. Which makes me wonder will past posts by you of Sarah Palin's bigger legitimare loss ...led you to comment on her being ' loser'...I bet just the opposite of your spin on Abrams.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:44 pm

As predicted, a safe play, the optics played well. I think her wardrobe choice was poor (not in a misogynistic way) I just don't think it complemented her figure and provide the same empowered look she had on the campaign trail (ok I can see how that might sound misogynistic). I think she should have gone with the white look the democrats were sporting during Trump's speech. Though I'm sure someone else would find something to complain about in that regard (like: "SEE! They coordinated everything!" lol.. so I digress).

I think she did a good job of not making the opportunity about herself. That was a wise move. Beyond that it wasn't bad and didn't result in any gaffes that should present themselves on SNL - so in that regard she did quite well.
 
jetero
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
As predicted, a safe play, the optics played well. I think her wardrobe choice was poor (not in a misogynistic way) I just don't think it complemented her figure and provide the same empowered look she had on the campaign trail (ok I can see how that might sound misogynistic). I think she should have gone with the white look the democrats were sporting during Trump's speech. Though I'm sure someone else would find something to complain about in that regard (like: "SEE! They coordinated everything!" lol.. so I digress).

I think she did a good job of not making the opportunity about herself. That was a wise move. Beyond that it wasn't bad and didn't result in any gaffes that should present themselves on SNL - so in that regard she did quite well.


She looked pretty much the same to me and came across eloquent, poised, even-keeled, and genuine as usual.

When are the Democrats going to abandon using people ridiculously as props in the background? It's creepy. I can't remember last year but 2017 was similar with the former Governor of Kentucky.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:07 pm

jetero wrote:

When are the Democrats going to abandon using people ridiculously as props in the background? It's creepy. I can't remember last year but 2017 was similar with the former Governor of Kentucky.


Ugh, yes. I'm almost certain they were trying to avoid the meme's that followed Schumer and Pelosi a few weeks ago. At least they weren't doing the congressional aerobics. That gets tiring.
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:59 pm

I thought it was pretty sad that they chose an overhyped underachiever like Abrams. The Democrats actually have women of color who they can be proud of, like Tulsi Gabbard. Better luck next time.
 
jetero
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:13 am

aviationaware wrote:
I thought it was pretty sad that they chose an overhyped underachiever like Abrams. The Democrats actually have women of color who they can be proud of, like Tulsi Gabbard. Better luck next time.


Well don't know about you guys, but I liked Stacey Abrams to begin with and thought Tulsi Gabbard to be a kook.

Now I've got the best confirmation yet of my gut.
 
BN747
Posts: 5727
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:17 am

trpmb6 wrote:
As predicted, a safe play, the optics played well. I think her wardrobe choice was poor (not in a misogynistic way) I just don't think it complemented her figure and provide the same empowered look she had on the campaign trail (ok I can see how that might sound misogynistic). I think she should have gone with the white look the democrats were sporting during Trump's speech. Though I'm sure someone else would find something to complain about in that regard (like: "SEE! They coordinated everything!" lol.. so I digress).

I think she did a good job of not making the opportunity about herself. That was a wise move. Beyond that it wasn't bad and didn't result in any gaffes that should present themselves on SNL - so in that regard she did quite well.


I agree, regardless of the anticipate flack...she really should have worn white like the others...it would have been a great finishing touch of the night.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:27 am

If you want to see an actual empowered woman, here is a prime example:

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/10 ... 2757215234

Not the losers you guys keep parading.
 
jetero
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:49 am

aviationaware wrote:
If you want to see an actual empowered woman, here is a prime example:

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/10 ... 2757215234

Not the losers you guys keep parading.


Who ya talkin’ to, buddy?
 
seb146
Posts: 18901
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:37 am

jetero wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
If you want to see an actual empowered woman, here is a prime example:

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/10 ... 2757215234

Not the losers you guys keep parading.


Who ya talkin’ to, buddy?


Everyone triggered by African American women, would be my guess. Thank God (English speaking, blue eyed, blond haired one) that we have a fair skinned, blond, blue eye woman telling us what is fake news and what is not..........
Last edited by seb146 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
jetero
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:37 am

seb146 wrote:
jetero wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
If you want to see an actual empowered woman, here is a prime example:

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/10 ... 2757215234

Not the losers you guys keep parading.


Who ya talkin’ to, buddy?


Everyone triggered by African American women, would be my guess......


He evidently fancies himself a Democratic political consultant.
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 12198
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:41 am

BN747 wrote:

You railed about her being 'a loser (in an election clearly stolen from her)' came dripping with racist dog whistle packaging. Which makes me wonder will past posts by you of Sarah Palin's bigger legitimare loss ...led you to comment on her being ' loser'...I bet just the opposite of your spin on Abrams.

BN747


Once again the hate of the left rears it's ulgy head. Thank you again sir for calling me a racist even though you have no idea what on earth you are talking about. Her speech was safe and still had undertones of the hate she harbors for her election where you claim (Yawn) was stolen from her. If this was the case then she shouldn't have conceded and taken it to court. Which she didn't so give me a break and stop with the conspiracy crap. It really is getting old.

Her speech was interesting. She started with the work hard routine and then went into the everyone should get a fair chance crap. Mostly it was just more the far left crap of saying if you didn't vote for me you are a racist, the vote was rigged blah blah blah. Just dressed up in a nice package.

It is apparent her loss burns anger in you. That is fine. I can understand how you feel against that "white privilege" you blame for every time a Stacey Abrams doesn't win an election she felt entitled to and how you vilify everyone who doesn't fawn over her because she is a Black female Democrat that should be vaulted straight to the top so we can prove the US still isn't racist.

You want to claim the moral high ground. fine. It's a waste of time even to debate it because you can't look at anything objectively Have her run for Senate, run for Governor next cycle or hell tell her to run for President. She deserves it right? Then call all that don't for her Trump loving racist deplorables clinging to their guns.

It's all you know. .
See that Broccoli over there? It's racist!
 
jetero
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:50 am

The new right "talking point" these days seems to be to liberally use the words "hate," "hatred," "division," etc., etc. For this forum add "troll."

It's like listening to the Huckabeast. Or Poor Pitiful, Presidentially Harrassed Trumpy Bear.
 
BN747
Posts: 5727
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:12 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

You railed about her being 'a loser (in an election clearly stolen from her)' came dripping with racist dog whistle packaging. Which makes me wonder will past posts by you of Sarah Palin's bigger legitimare loss ...led you to comment on her being ' loser'...I bet just the opposite of your spin on Abrams.

BN747


Once again the hate of the left rears it's ulgy head. Thank you again sir for calling me a racist even though you have no idea what on earth you are talking about. Her speech was safe and still had undertones of the hate she harbors for her election where you claim (Yawn) was stolen from her. If this was the case then she shouldn't have conceded and taken it to court. Which she didn't so give me a break and stop with the conspiracy crap. It really is getting old.

Her speech was interesting. She started with the work hard routine and then went into the everyone should get a fair chance crap. Mostly it was just more the far left crap of saying if you didn't vote for me you are a racist, the vote was rigged blah blah blah. Just dressed up in a nice package.

It is apparent her loss burns anger in you. That is fine. I can understand how you feel against that "white privilege" you blame for every time a Stacey Abrams doesn't win an election she felt entitled to and how you vilify everyone who doesn't fawn over her because she is a Black female Democrat that should be vaulted straight to the top so we can prove the US still isn't racist.

You want to claim the moral high ground. fine. It's a waste of time even to debate it because you can't look at anything objectively Have her run for Senate, run for Governor next cycle or hell tell her to run for President. She deserves it right? Then call all that don't for her Trump loving racist deplorables clinging to their guns.

It's all you know. .


...this coming from a sterling example of the party that has turned hate into weaponized tool and sharpening it on an hourly basis.

And their never ending attempts to say it's the 'other side' that 'hates'...well, actually you have a point, our hate is aimed at those with access to modicum of education and void it by selectively and intentionally employ discriminating tactics at every chance they get... what's worse is when then know that's exactly what they are doing...

So since you called it, back it up...exactly what hate am I expressing? Other than my despising of semi-educated types who know better but choose to surf on ignorance as long as they can?

Listening....

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 12198
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 am

BN747 wrote:


...this coming from a sterling example of the party that has turned hate into weaponized tool and sharpening it on an hourly basis.


How? By wanting legal immigration? What is hateful about that? Now wanting MS-13 to hack teenagers to death? What policy of Trump has any hate? Blind loyalty to MSNBC has not done you well.

BN747 wrote:

So since you called it, back it up...exactly what hate am I expressing? Other than my despising of semi-educated types who know better but choose to surf on ignorance as long as they can?

Perfect example, you have never met me and don't know the first thing about me but you call me uneducated and ignorant. I would put my IQ up against yours any day buddy.


Second example
came dripping with racist dog whistle packaging

Pure hate, again you don't even know me how do you call me a racist? Again taking issue with a candidate who lost an election and makes unsubstantiated claims of it being "stolen" is not being a racist. Like I said she lost. Deal with it. If she felt it wasn't legitimate why did she concede? Why didn't she bring legal action? You did it for Gore why not Abrams? The truth is because it is ridiculous and just a farce. Just more propaganda designed to scare people into thinking it's the racist south again because she didn't get the votes.

BN747 wrote:

Listening....



No you are not listening. You are trolling, like you have been for years here on every one of my posts. Palin? Really that was 11 years ago. Yet it still burns more anger into you. I don't see a parallel and besides she wasn't running, McCain was.
See that Broccoli over there? It's racist!
 
BN747
Posts: 5727
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:45 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:


...this coming from a sterling example of the party that has turned hate into weaponized tool and sharpening it on an hourly basis.


How? By wanting legal immigration? What is hateful about that? Now wanting MS-13 to hack teenagers to death? What policy of Trump has any hate? Blind loyalty to MSNBC has not done you well.

BN747 wrote:

So since you called it, back it up...exactly what hate am I expressing? Other than my despising of semi-educated types who know better but choose to surf on ignorance as long as they can?

Perfect example, you have never met me and don't know the first thing about me but you call me uneducated and ignorant. I would put my IQ up against yours any day buddy.


Second example
came dripping with racist dog whistle packaging

Pure hate, again you don't even know me how do you call me a racist? Again taking issue with a candidate who lost an election and makes unsubstantiated claims of it being "stolen" is not being a racist. Like I said she lost. Deal with it. If she felt it wasn't legitimate why did she concede? Why didn't she bring legal action? You did it for Gore why not Abrams? The truth is because it is ridiculous and just a farce. Just more propaganda designed to scare people into thinking it's the racist south again because she didn't get the votes.

BN747 wrote:

Listening....



No you are not listening. You are trolling, like you have been for years here on every one of my posts. Palin? Really that was 11 years ago. Yet it still burns more anger into you. I don't see a parallel and besides she wasn't running, McCain was.


Trolling and 'calling' people out for what they've done are the exact same thing in seriously warped mind.

Calling people out can only occur when that person has spoken or expressed untruths and constantly spreading falsehoods and lies dripping with racist overtones/dog whistles...like you did simply by dropping 'Al Sharpton's name in the VA Gov. thread. You knew exactly what you were doing, the trigger terms for racists as most know is just tossing out the name 'Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson...just doing so for spite, no other reason. Are you guilty of any of that? Your post history proves you are....and I'm the troll, no, I'm just calling you out and deservingly so.

I don't know you, I don't need to...you tell us A.net members who you are just by speaking your mind - plain as day.

I don't need to buddy up to you to get to know you, the way you present yourself here are expressions of your truest thought more so than you would do publicly. What part of that is difficult to understand?

I DO KNOW that you resent my pointing this all out and that why you try endlessly to say 'BN747 is a hater' because I address your openly racist volleys. All racist do exactly what you do here in trying to dodge it, misdirect it, project it...everything but some serious self introspection. Prove any of wrong.

Don't want to labeled a racist? Stop calling racist buckets of mud and tossing it every chance you get. Simple.


Palin's failure was indeed 11 years ago...however, your opinions 11 years ago are exactly as they were 11 years ago as they are they today. You didn't rail on Palin for losing as you've done here on black woman Stacey Abrams - not effecting me in the least, but if you LOOK at yourself (and your postings) you'll see (and then again...maybe you won't) how it is you with the problem regarding 'strong women'.

MS13, I'm guessing you ice thin-knowledge of MS13 is an accumulative collection of sound bites for Faux News and whatever the Traitorous president has said.

I wager you haven't the slightest idea of how the disaster in Central America came to be, how we - the USA - are the sole owners for sowing the seeds for calamity in the region dating back to long before you were born. But you (like many intellectually lazy types)...grab the headlines and run with it from there - historical context be damned.

That kind of selective ignorance compels empty minds to run around slinging terms like 'race card' (having no clue what the race strife is all about), "they want open borders"...another ignorant baseless calling cue for the right. No thought needed. Just run with it..historical context be damn, America's responsibility be damned - not important, just run with the latest talking don't research a thing...just run with it, it's what you people do.

I heard you and now leave you to dismiss it all because as I said...context means nothing to the ill-informed mind.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 12198
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:42 am

BN747 wrote:



Palin's failure was indeed 11 years ago..


So it was Palin's fault McCain lost? Just as you call me racist with no proof you default to a woman who dared speak her mind who wasn't a Democrat or came from California. More MSNBC brainwashing ignorance on your part.

BN747 wrote:


You didn't rail on Palin for losing as you've done here on black woman Stacey Abrams -


Why should I? She didn't lose, McCain did and YOU made the reference to Abrams' race not me. You included that to fit your smear and fear mongering. Please don't put words in my mouth. Quote my ORIGINAL post instead.

BN747 wrote:

not effecting me in the least, but if you LOOK at yourself (and your postings) you'll see (and then again...maybe you won't) how it is you with the problem regarding 'strong women'.


Yes it is. From the moment she lost you have been angry and looking for someone to blame. What better than to go to anet and accuse someone who was critical of her baseless claim the election was stolen from her of racism? Besides he supports Trump! He has to be. :banghead:


BN747 wrote:
"they want open borders"...another ignorant baseless calling cue for the right. No thought needed. Just run with it..historical context be damn, America's responsibility be damned - not important, just run with the latest talking don't research a thing...just run with it, it's what you people do.


As opposed to willingly not enforceing laws on the books so illegal aliens can stay in the country? Oh yea they are real strong advocates for our border. Give me a break. They want the votes and will do anything not to deport or document these people. In addition to giving them stuff for free as they call people who want them to go through the legal process racist. My father didn't sneak in here. He did it legally and went though the process they can too.


BN747 wrote:
I heard you and now leave you to dismiss it all because as I said...context means nothing to the ill-informed mind.



Ahh yes the stupid people who can't understand so they vote Republican. Elitist statements like this don't serve well as we saw in 2016.
See that Broccoli over there? It's racist!
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:12 am

alfa164 wrote:

Mr. Johnboy, you can rest your case now...

;)


Thank you, Your Honor. I’d like to suggest an afternoon recess to the local bar. :box:
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:03 am

jetero wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
As predicted, a safe play, the optics played well. I think her wardrobe choice was poor (not in a misogynistic way) I just don't think it complemented her figure and provide the same empowered look she had on the campaign trail (ok I can see how that might sound misogynistic). I think she should have gone with the white look the democrats were sporting during Trump's speech. Though I'm sure someone else would find something to complain about in that regard (like: "SEE! They coordinated everything!" lol.. so I digress).

I think she did a good job of not making the opportunity about herself. That was a wise move. Beyond that it wasn't bad and didn't result in any gaffes that should present themselves on SNL - so in that regard she did quite well.


She looked pretty much the same to me and came across eloquent, poised, even-keeled, and genuine as usual.

When are the Democrats going to abandon using people ridiculously as props in the background? It's creepy. I can't remember last year but 2017 was similar with the former Governor of Kentucky.


Yeah, I think you guys summed it up pretty well. The only thing I'd add is that she does a better job of not coming off as pretentious and full of herself than is typical of democratic figures. It's a weakness we really do need to address, but she seems to have mastered a way to be authoritive and down to earth at the same time.

Not a particularly inspiring speech, but good work and mission accomplished.



jetero wrote:
The new right "talking point" these days seems to be to liberally use the words "hate," "hatred," "division," etc., etc. .



What's most telling about this is the fact that these are, as you say, new things to them. The idea of trying solve hate based divisional issues has been a mainstream and left wing thing for literal decades. And yet when the cause of the problem finds out that it's going be dealt with one way or the other, oh, now it's a problem to be hateful and divisive.


NIKV69 wrote:

So it was Palin's fault McCain lost? Just as you call me racist with no proof you default to a woman who dared speak her mind who wasn't a Democrat or came from California. More MSNBC brainwashing ignorance on your part.


You're getting called out on that for a few reasons. This guy you're mixing it up with is giving you a literal roadmap to not being seen as a 'racist'. But you're arguing with him and getting defensive as hell about it instead of making any effort to understand why it is that people see you as a racist. This is a thing racists always do, which is why you're not making any headway here.

Whataboutism, But But But democrats, and defending people who have very racist actions will never change anyone's mind. You didn't know that, but you should have.



Nikv69 wrote:
Ahh yes the stupid people who can't understand so they vote Republican. Elitist statements like this don't serve well as we saw in 2016.


There are a few people who aren't stupid and vote R. But they don't go around saying things like 'elitist'. To anyone who isn't a right-wing fanatical, 'elitist' means 'someone who went to college.' But you probably hate those sort of people too, huh?
Much like a GE90, I'm a huge fan of Big Twins...
 
alfa164
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:51 pm

jetero wrote:
The new right "talking point" these days seems to be to liberally use the words "hate," "hatred," "division," etc., etc. For this forum add "troll."
It's like listening to the Huckabeast. Or Poor Pitiful, Presidentially Harrassed Trumpy Bear.


Huckabeast, NIKobeast... the truth is out there somewhere. But you will never hear it from any of their ilk.

johnboy wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
Mr. Johnboy, you can rest your case now...
;)


Thank you, Your Honor. I’d like to suggest an afternoon recess to the local bar. :box:


Make mine a gin-and-tonic, if you don't mind. We can sit back and watch all this silliness in the comfort of happy hour.

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
BN747
Posts: 5727
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:18 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:



Palin's failure was indeed 11 years ago..


So it was Palin's fault McCain lost? Just as you call me racist with no proof you default to a woman who dared speak her mind who wasn't a Democrat or came from California. More MSNBC brainwashing ignorance on your part.

BN747 wrote:


You didn't rail on Palin for losing as you've done here on black woman Stacey Abrams -


Why should I? She didn't lose, McCain did and YOU made the reference to Abrams' race not me. You included that to fit your smear and fear mongering. Please don't put words in my mouth. Quote my ORIGINAL post instead.

BN747 wrote:

not effecting me in the least, but if you LOOK at yourself (and your postings) you'll see (and then again...maybe you won't) how it is you with the problem regarding 'strong women'.


Yes it is. From the moment she lost you have been angry and looking for someone to blame. What better than to go to anet and accuse someone who was critical of her baseless claim the election was stolen from her of racism? Besides he supports Trump! He has to be. :banghead:


I have???

WTF are you talking about? I have no postings about Abrams losing other than responding to insipid comments from ppl (you) trashing her because most people are aware of her being cheated and still standing strong with dignity and poise. "From the moment she lost you have been angry and looking for someone to blame." They only person I blame for her lost is the person who stole it...Kemp. Whether you and other 'win-at-any-cost' fanatics want to call that what it is - theft, that's up to you, she in no way desrves the trashing that dished out because she hasn't done anything wrong at all, thus your trashing her boils down to one thing. She has a strong commanding presence and being a woman that is being hailed around the country for having a good attitude after a blatant theft - is not what appeases you small mind...you want her to be a whining crybaby like our Traitorous leader so you can really toss daggers - but she hasn't and she will not. Leaving you and types like you to slander and slam her for no good reason..you've got to be steaming because SOU response left you will nothing to critique. So just being a black woman is good enough for you to act as you have. You are that obvious.


NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
"they want open borders"...another ignorant baseless calling cue for the right. No thought needed. Just run with it..historical context be damn, America's responsibility be damned - not important, just run with the latest talking don't research a thing...just run with it, it's what you people do.


As opposed to willingly not enforceing laws on the books so illegal aliens can stay in the country? Oh yea they are real strong advocates for our border. Give me a break. They want the votes and will do anything not to deport or document these people. In addition to giving them stuff for free as they call people who want them to go through the legal process racist. My father didn't sneak in here. He did it legally and went though the process they can too.


As I said, we only have massive a 'illegal alien' problem because of what we did in the first place - but as I pointed out, historical context has meaning to an empty mind.

The same people like you who are bitching about immigrants in London, Brussels, Rome Paris and the like..do not want to hear, discuss what role their people had in the wholesale destruction of lands 'their immigrant problem' originated. You are our local equivalent - remember, history doesn't matter. So continue to place blame everywhere - but the cause itself.


NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
I heard you and now leave you to dismiss it all because as I said...context means nothing to the ill-informed mind.



Ahh yes the stupid people who can't understand so they vote Republican. Elitist statements like this don't serve well as we saw in 2016.


Well actually they do so out of misconstrued fears. 93,000+ Canadians come live here over visa 'overstays vs 43,000+ from Mexico - annually. We have no idea how many Canadians sneak across and stay versus Mexicans, Latinos who do they same...we can only estimate.

But guess what, as many times as I've driven thru the Central Calif, farmlands....I have yet to see a single illegal Canadian out in the fields doing the back-breaking tasks of picking grapes, strawberries, lettuce, avocados, etc - never. And I bet you won't find any illegal Canadians in the pig farms of Tennessee or the chicken farms of North Carolina... but I can tell you where you will find illegal Canadians...on your tv - telling you weather or news or sports, on the big Movie screens, as premier Hotel front desk staff and managing them - holding down millions of jobs many Americans would love to have. But people like you want to stomp out the people work hardest to feed to country - Americans don't want those jobs and will do them. But if Americans had a clue as to how many Americans are being cheated from jobs the should hold - Americans (who want to work) would completely lose it....but in the meantime let's worry about those willing to take the worse jobs because even that is better than what they can have at home. Yep, millions of Stupid Americans are voting and they that right along with the right to be stupid.

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

So it was Palin's fault McCain lost? Just as you call me racist with no proof you default to a woman who dared speak her mind who wasn't a Democrat or came from California. More MSNBC brainwashing ignorance on your part.


You're getting called out on that for a few reasons. This guy you're mixing it up with is giving you a literal roadmap to not being seen as a 'racist'. But you're arguing with him and getting defensive as hell about it instead of making any effort to understand why it is that people see you as a racist. This is a thing racists always do, which is why you're not making any headway here.

Whataboutism, But But But democrats, and defending people who have very racist actions will never change anyone's mind. You didn't know that, but you should have.


:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:13 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Infuriating no, but you are in Kansas, Not much to engineer there :) :duck:


lol, thanks for the smile, it will help me overcome the depression inducing flatness of this state :rotfl:


We have the flint hills and gypsum hills which are actually quite impressive in some spots. Other than that, yah, pretty depressing.
 
jetero
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:19 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Infuriating no, but you are in Kansas, Not much to engineer there :) :duck:


lol, thanks for the smile, it will help me overcome the depression inducing flatness of this state :rotfl:


We have the flint hills and gypsum hills which are actually quite impressive in some spots. Other than that, yah, pretty depressing.


I ate at a Chipotle across from a paved over ditch once (there’s some engineering!), but that was the best Chipotle burrito I had in my life!
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Stacey Abrams to give SOTU response.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:11 pm

jetero wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

lol, thanks for the smile, it will help me overcome the depression inducing flatness of this state :rotfl:


We have the flint hills and gypsum hills which are actually quite impressive in some spots. Other than that, yah, pretty depressing.


I ate at a Chipotle across from a paved over ditch once (there’s some engineering!), but that was the best Chipotle burrito I had in my life!


I eat at that chipotle probably 3 or 4 times a month.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: afcjets, Dutchy and 39 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos