Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VTKillarney
Topic Author

Democrats running in 2020

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:52 am

So far:
Elizabeth Warren
Tulsi Gabbard

It’s going to be a crowded field when it’s all said and done.

apodino

Re: Democrats running in 2020

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:21 am

I don't think she would get the nomination, but I would vote for Gabbard if she is nominated. She is the type of democrat who can bridge the divide between both parties, and I am looking for a person who can allow me to vote Trump out without a write in. Gabbard is such a person.

stratosphere

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:54 am

I don't have confidence the Democrats will put anyone in the field worth a damn. Right now Biden is polling the highest. He is too damn old in my opinion name recognition aside. I do not like any of the other prospects either although it's too early to see who will be in the race. I am an independent but lean slightly right and the field is looking to be too progressive or worse far left. Doubt I will vote for Trump again he has way too much turnover in his administration and no control over his twitter bullshit. I do like some of his ideas but his tariff while I understand the logic has cost me a lot in my 401 totally offsetting any gain I made in the tax cut which lets face it helped the corporations more than us middle class scum.. Oh well I took a chance but DC is just too entrenched in buyoffs and sleeze. Lobbying should be totally illegal it allows corporations to curry favor like drug companies. I think a lot of us thought Trump was maybe a way out of the DC establishment but there is no way out of it. It is too entrenched we middle class people are screwed. The Democrats want to give away everything to illegals and people who don't want to work and the Republicans give everything to the wealthy. So here we are in the middle waiting for the losers in DC to tell me there is no money in Social Security to pay me after I have paid into it for 40 years and counting.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:34 am

stratosphere wrote:
I don't have confidence the Democrats will put anyone in the field worth a damn. Right now Biden is polling the highest...

I thought Kamala Harris polled the highest? :confused:

VTKillarney
Topic Author

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:36 am

Oprah is interviewing Beto. Has she picked sides? Kamala must be fuming.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/11/poli ... index.html

NIKV69

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:31 am

Dieuwer wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
I don't have confidence the Democrats will put anyone in the field worth a damn. Right now Biden is polling the highest...

I thought Kamala Harris polled the highest? :confused:

Uh no.

Biden is their only shot and it's going to be biblical to watch the Dems lose another winnable election by snubbing him.

Gabbard is being selfish. As is Warren and Harris. It's seems like all you need is an hour of press coverage and you are a presidential hopeful. I thought Avenatti was enough. This is going to be fun!

:crazy:

Jouhou

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Democrats running: everyone. Usually that'd be a bad thing but apparently the Trump campaign is doing oppo on every primary candidate and is going to try interfering with the primary, so the more candidates the faster they waste money.

bagoldex

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Tulsi sounds like a fundy homophobic bitch ...

Last edited by bagoldex on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VTKillarney
Topic Author

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:51 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Tulsi sounds like a homophobic bitch.

And she’s a Democrat.

bagoldex

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:52 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

And she’s a Democrat.

In name only. Sort of like you being a moderate.

Jouhou

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 pm

bagoldex wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

And she’s a Democrat.

We should just let Trumps campaign attack the candidates. Now their strategy is known, let's allow them to blow all that money on every person running for president.

NIKV69

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 pm

bagoldex wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

And she’s a Democrat.

I kind of like her politically and don't think she is as far left and hateful as most of her party. I also think down the road she has a shot at the white house just not now.

flyguy89

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:55 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Tulsi sounds like a fundy homophobic bitch ...

When was that written. Really wasn't that long ago that Obama and Clinton had similar views.

VTKillarney
Topic Author

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 pm

Julian Castro has announced. You can Google, “Julian Castro” to find out who he is.

VTKillarney
Topic Author

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:00 am

Julian Castro has an interesting take on securing our border:
“We say "No" to building a wall, and "Yes" to building community.”

2122M

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:07 am

VTKillarney wrote:

And tell us how you feel about that VTK.

VTKillarney
Topic Author

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 am

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

There’s already a thread about it. I’ve shared my thoughts there.

2122M

Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:12 am

VTKillarney wrote:
2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

There’s already a thread about it. I’ve shared my thoughts there.

YOu talked about Julian Castro’s take in another thread?

winginit

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:39 am

In my opinion, I think a practical and meaningful discussion around Democratic 2020 candidates is more or less impossible until Biden and Sanders decide. The heavy-hitting donors across the Democratic spectrum aren't going to commit a penny until they know whether those two are in or out.

aviationaware

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 am

I like Tulsi running. That's going to put some spice into the process. Julian Castro of course has no chance in hell and Elizabeth Warren can already prepare the stake for her public burning.

anrec80

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 am

winginit wrote:
In my opinion, I think a practical and meaningful discussion around Democratic 2020 candidates is more or less impossible until Biden and Sanders decide. The heavy-hitting donors across the Democratic spectrum aren't going to commit a penny until they know whether those two are in or out.

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders again. Can’t these Dems find anyone younger? They will be about 80 years of age in 2020. Trump will at least be 73-74. And in X-USSR everyone was laughing at Kremlin “gerontocracy” of late 70s - early 80s.

johnboy

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:45 am

Bernie Sanders is a nonstarter. Too many bridges burned with him. I’m putting money on Harris.

No way will Tulsi Gabbard get far with her incendiary rhetoric - my god she even testified on record against Civil Unions, FFS!

winginit

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:46 am

anrec80 wrote:
winginit wrote:

Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders again. Can’t these Dems find anyone younger? They will be about 80 years of age in 2020. Trump will at least be 73-74. And in X-USSR everyone was laughing at Kremlin “gerontocracy” of late 70s - early 80s.

Uhhh... yes? The Dems can very easily find many, many potentially viable candidates who are younger? And diverse at that. I've heard the presumptive 2020 candidate field best described as what will be a punnett square of sorts, with the categories being minority versus caucasian and progressive versus more traditional democrat. Just take half a glance at who is likely already going to be in the field using the punnett square categorization mentioned above with ages in 2020:

Caucasian/Traditional:
- Joe Biden, 78
- Kirsten Gillibrand, 54
- Michael Bloomberg, 78
- Sherrod Brown, 58

Caucasian/Progressive:
- Bernie Sanders, 79
- Elizabeth Warren, 71
- Beto O'Rourke, 48

Minority/Traditional:
- Tulsi Gabbard, 39
- Cory Booker, 51
- Deval Patrick, 54
- Julian Castro, 46

Minority/Progressive:
- Kamala Harris, 56

NIKV69

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 am

johnboy wrote:
Bernie Sanders is a nonstarter. Too many bridges burned with him. I’m putting money on Harris.

No way will Tulsi Gabbard get far with her incendiary rhetoric - my god she even testified on record against Civil Unions, FFS!

Harris is a loser in the general you are better off with Beto if you don't go with Biden. As for Gabbard her own party is already attacking her. Boy will the Primary be fun!

johnboy

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:43 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Harris is a loser in the general you are better off with Beto if you don't go with Biden. As for Gabbard her own party is already attacking her. Boy will the Primary be fun!

“A loser in the general”....well let’s just see about that. At the very least I’m pretty sure she’s not a Russian asset.

anrec80

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:42 am

winginit wrote:
Uhhh... yes? The Dems can very easily find many, many potentially viable candidates who are younger? And diverse at that. I've heard the presumptive 2020 candidate field best described as what will be a punnett square of sorts, with the categories being minority versus caucasian and progressive versus more traditional democrat. Just take half a glance at who is likely already going to be in the field using the punnett square categorization mentioned above with ages in 2020:

Well let’s hope we will see new faces. Younger generation than Biden and Sanders.

winginit

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 am

NIKV69 wrote:
johnboy wrote:

A loser in general... what a thoughtful and fact-based conclusion! You must be a real winner. Thanks for your contribution.

aviationaware

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:57 am

johnboy wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

“A loser in the general”....well let’s just see about that.

Nobody outside California and the progressive bubble even knows who she is. Those who do also know how she got her senate seat, which was basically by sleeping her way up the ladder.

johnboy wrote:
At the very least I’m pretty sure she’s not a Russian asset.

Love how you liberal loons don’t seem to get that this narrative is dead in the water. Trump‘s man in Berlin just wrote letters to corporations supporting a Russian gas pipeline, threatening them with the wrath of God. You people seem to be living in an alternate universe where counteracting another nation equates to being in that nations pocket. What a stupid world we live in.

johnboy

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:42 am

aviationaware wrote:
johnboy wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

“A loser in the general”....well let’s just see about that.

Nobody outside California and the progressive bubble even knows who she is. Those who do also know how she got her senate seat, which was basically by sleeping her way up the ladder.

johnboy wrote:
At the very least I’m pretty sure she’s not a Russian asset.

Love how you liberal loons don’t seem to get that this narrative is dead in the water. Trump‘s man in Berlin just wrote letters to corporations supporting a Russian gas pipeline, threatening them with the wrath of God. You people seem to be living in an alternate universe where counteracting another nation equates to being in that nations pocket. What a stupid world we live in.

Wrong and somewhat right. What a world we live in is correct—myIQ dropped 5 points reading that (I would call you Svetlana, but even at her drunkest, no troll would post such silliness).

NIKV69

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:03 pm

winginit wrote:
A loser in general... what a thoughtful and fact-based conclusion! You must be a real winner. Thanks for your contribution.

Thanks for the personal attack. If you knew anything that meant she loses in the general election. I am sorry I will speak a little more slowly for you next time. Actually it was a dumb statement by me because there isn't a snowballs chance in hell she makes it through the primary in fact after Iowa soundly rejects her she should pull out of the primary but we all now her elitism and hatred for working class America will cause her to keep going and making a fool of herself.

Keep the faith buddy. Oh btw you misquoted me to fit your personal attack. Please don't do that anymore and include my full quote in your rant. :wave:

2122M

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:15 pm

It's fascinating to me that over half the posts in the thread about potential Democratic nominees are from outspoken, far right super-conservatives (including the OP).

Of course NIKV, AA, VTK, Anrec and Strat are going to crap all over the candidates mentioned here. Jesus Christ Himself could run as a democrat (and lets face it, His values lean pretty far left in by today's US political standard) and that motley crew would be shredding him.

It's almost as if (and I know this is crazy), this whole thread was created by VTK simply to dump on dems and the Far Right Anet Brigade fell right in line.

So I can probably save people a lot of time here by conceding to VTK, AA, Anrec, strat and NIKV that yes, we know you all think all dems are total garbage. Your point is well made and well taken. I'd be curious to know which dems you think would spark an interesting and well informed conversation about the issues of the day, even if you disagree with them, but if that's not your interest, then you can rest assured that we know you hate them all and there is probably no need for any additional input on that matter.

winginit

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
winginit wrote:

Thanks for the personal attack. If you knew anything that meant she loses in the general election. I am sorry I will speak a little more slowly for you next time. Actually it was a dumb statement by me because there isn't a snowballs chance in hell she makes it through the primary in fact after Iowa soundly rejects her she should pull out of the primary but we all now her elitism and hatred for working class America will cause her to keep going and making a fool of herself.

Keep the faith buddy. Oh btw you misquoted me to fit your personal attack. Please don't do that anymore and include my full quote in your rant. :wave:

Looking forward to you improving on your vocabulary and sentence structure capabilities.