TheFlyingDisk

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: The It Girl

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:31 am

Not American, so my opinions don't matter much. But honestly, why can't everyone hold their judgement on AOC until she has the time to prove herself in the legislature?

If my experience of politicians are anything to go by, you will only be able to see their true colours after 6 months.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

johnboy
Topic Author

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Brick wrote:
Santa Claus does appeal to many people I guess.

She knows how to speak her mind. Too bad it does not contain any content.

Ah, spoken like someone who is mighty afraid of a woman in power who speaks her mind.

So you think she will actually deliver what she promised her sheep?

I’m sorry but I don’t speak “Angry White Man.” Could someone else translate?

tommy1808

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 am

johnboy wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Ah, spoken like someone who is mighty afraid of a woman in power who speaks her mind.

I am not sure, but either he is wondering if she will strive to become the first empress of the USA with the power to legislate all on her own or if she will actually try to turn her promises into a bill.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

BN747

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:26 am

johnboy wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Okay...that one is now in my 'replies to fake inquiries' folder... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

evank516

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:23 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
People need to realize that the younger generation is going to start making their way into our government. Time to stop being an old crow and start accepting that the 80 and 90 year olds are going to have to make way for the 20 somethings and 30 somethings. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an example of that, time to let it roll. If her district doesn't like her, they'll vote her out in two years. However, if you don't live in her district, your opinion of her doesn't mean anything anyway.

I think it's been happening this way for a long time. It's just that freshman representatives and senators generally don't get this kind of spotlight treatment. In fact, doing a quick look at the list of youngest member of congress list for each congress, ACO (at 29) is actually above the average age of the youngest members (somewhere between 27 and 28). So strictly speaking, there's nothing even unusual about her age.

The other reason why she garnered so much attention is because of her shocking defeat of Congressmen Crowley in the primaries. The guy was in the House for years and here was this up and coming woman who defeated the undefeated. I truly wish her the best and I hope she is nothing but successful. She isn't from my district, but I live rather close to it.

einsteinboricua

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:25 pm

At first I was unimpressed with her and her victory in a blue district, but after conservatives have been hitting at her only to be smacked back by her, I gotta say I enjoy a good show.

Still don't agree with many of her ideas (yes, there is such a thing as too liberal for a person), but I like the breath of fresh air she's bringing to Congress and how she calls them as she sees them. Add the obsession just with her and we have the makings of a potential future leader (whether president, speaker, governor, or cabinet official)
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

how she calls them as she sees them.

That’s not a replacement for actual knowledge or wisdom. Trump does the exact same thing and I don’t see many here applauding him.

GF

casinterest

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

That’s not a replacement for actual knowledge or wisdom. Trump does the exact same thing and I don’t see many here applauding him.

GF

Probably because you missed the start of this post. He doesn't agree with many of her ideas.

Typical Right wing blindness.

And AOC has to deal with the following tripe from horn dog idiots.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rookie- ... d=60286797
"Her latest high-profile moment came Wednesday evening, as Ocasio-Cortez slammed the conservative media website The Daily Caller for spreading a story in a tweet that stated: “Here’s The Photo Some Described As A Nude Selfie Of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.” '
Where ever you go, there you are.

mham001

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:50 pm

She has pissed off a bunch of Democrats too, it is breathtaking the lack of current content in these threads. What she needs to do is learn how to control her mouth, maybe some manners and couth would help too to get along. And some wisdom....If not, she will have an inconsequential tenure. But she is a pretty brown face for Dems.

Politico: Some House Dems upset with Ocasio-Cortez
Washington (CNN)Some House Democrats have been unhappy with progressive Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's resistance to falling in line with her fellow party members, particularly her threats to support primary challenges against incumbents, Politico reported Friday. https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/11/politics ... index.html

VTKillarney

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:54 pm

She is definitely having a hard time transitioning from the minor leagues to the major leagues.

Flighty

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
At first I was unimpressed with her and her victory in a blue district, but after conservatives have been hitting at her only to be smacked back by her, I gotta say I enjoy a good show.

Still don't agree with many of her ideas (yes, there is such a thing as too liberal for a person), but I like the breath of fresh air she's bringing to Congress and how she calls them as she sees them. Add the obsession just with her and we have the makings of a potential future leader (whether president, speaker, governor, or cabinet official)

I agree with this, she understands the love of the camera. She is a lot like Trump - vacuous and a populist. This is an important element to understand. If you do NOT pay attention to populists then they WILL control your country, as happened in Argentina, Venezuela etc, or you could also point to Maoism and Stalinism. People go for that stuff if you frustrate them for long enough. This is a reaction to some understandable grievances. Middle class living standards are in the toilet. People are angry. And by middle class, I mean people who do not want to live in a tenement on welfare like many Europeans do. Americans just want a job that pays well enough to lead a middle class life. If you take that away from them, then tectonic plates of western society are going to move greatly. Instability may go beyond our wildest expectation.
Last edited by Flighty on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

At least he has some knowledge of business and taxation etc. She is a total dolt.

Well seems some in her party are not so hot on her as the new "it" girl. I sure hope she is the new future of the Dem party. It will be so good to watch them implode.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... uture.html
See that Broccoli over there? It's racist!

MaverickM11

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Brick wrote:
Santa Claus does appeal to many people I guess.

She knows how to speak her mind. Too bad it does not contain any content.

When does that beautiful healthcare covering everyone start?

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Not American, so my opinions don't matter much. But honestly, why can't everyone hold their judgement on AOC until she has the time to prove herself in the legislature?

If my experience of politicians are anything to go by, you will only be able to see their true colours after 6 months.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: I'd also add anyone that is not the now standard republican ala Steve King "hey whatsamatta with being a white nationalist/supremacist?" automatically gets a thumbs up from me.

BN747 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Okay...that one is now in my 'replies to fake inquiries' folder... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

BN747

Get Steve King on the horn to translate.

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Are your eyes open when you look?

Flighty wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

I agree with this, she understands the love of the camera. She is a lot like Trump - vacuous and a populist. This is an important element to understand. If you do NOT pay attention to populists then they WILL control your country, as happened in Argentina, Venezuela etc, or you could also point to Maoism and Stalinism.

I am legitimately pleasantly surprised someone diagnosed Venezuela correctly for once.
E pur si muove -Galileo

johnboy
Topic Author

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:37 pm

There’s nothing better than a clap back to Joe “Next Year in Jerusalem” Lieberman!!

“Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Thursday fired back at former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), who said he hopes she is not the future of the Democratic Party.

Ocasio-Cortez fired back in a tweet asking, “New party, who dis?”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4248 ... ty-who-dis

Flighty

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
I am legitimately pleasantly surprised someone diagnosed Venezuela correctly for once.

When I worked for the airlines, I had a roommate who was a Venezuelan doctor finishing his training. His entire family left Venezuela around that time because of Chavez being too crazy (this was 15 years ago). So when his predictions of total collapse in Venezuela came completely true, he deserves credit for knowing how destructive these forces are.

This comment applies directly to my views on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her policy ideas.

johnboy
Topic Author

Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Flighty wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

When I worked for the airlines, I had a roommate who was a Venezuelan doctor finishing his training. His entire family left Venezuela around that time because of Chavez being too crazy (this was 15 years ago). So when his predictions of total collapse in Venezuela came completely true, he deserves credit for knowing how destructive these forces are.

This comment applies directly to my views on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her policy ideas.

So now AOC is compared to a dictator in Venezuela. Keep it up gurl, you’ve got the right people running scared.

And it’s beautiful.

NIKV69

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:07 pm

johnboy wrote:
There’s nothing better than a clap back to Joe “Next Year in Jerusalem” Lieberman!!

“Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Thursday fired back at former Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), who said he hopes she is not the future of the Democratic Party.

So you are celebrating an elected official using the verbage "who dis?"

Rock on.

SL1200MK2

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

At least he has some knowledge of business and taxation etc. She is a total dolt.

Well seems some in her party are not so hot on her as the new "it" girl. I sure hope she is the new future of the Dem party. It will be so good to watch them implode.

I’m genuinely curious as to why you enjoy seeingbad things happen to people.

It seems odd to derive pleasure from other people misfortune.

Did something happen when you were younger that led you to think that way?

MaverickM11

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:01 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Rock on.

Covfefe says what?
E pur si muove -Galileo

MaverickM11

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:43 pm

johnboy wrote:
Flighty wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

So now AOC is compared to a dictator in Venezuela. Keep it up gurl, you’ve got the right people running scared.

And it’s beautiful.

Well AOC hasn't done anything yet, but I can think of another idiot megalomaniac who surrounds himself with sycophants and goes from self induced crisis to self induced crisis in the spirit of Chavez, like starting a trade war and then paying off his core supporters. Can't quite put my finger on his name though...loves to talk about himself for hours and has no ability to reverse course even when he knows he's only making things worse....what...is...his...name? Someone who wants to remake the judiciary and fed in his image but can't seem to do so...well I'm sure his name will come to me later...

BN747 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

It’s called ‘ schadenfreude’ ..the enjoyment derived from the suffering of others. All TTrump supporters share this trait. They have penciled in enemies of all sorts..it’s basically a full time occupation in what normal functions as the brain (as in normal sentient beings).

Like the fool above who critiques her tweet reply, while the idolized the nation’s leader who has the vernacular of an 8th grader - note these clowns will never own up to that. In a recent discussion, someone said most TTrump suppers like him because he is them - anti-intellectualism, simplicity rules and everyone is out to get them.

Sounds reasonable to me.

BN747

There's schadenfreude and then there's what drives Trump supporters, which is something entirely different--it's just unmitigated vengeful cruelty. They get off on seeing California burn. They love seeing those Mexicans drowning in Puerto Rico--can we find a way to strip them of disaster relief too? Great! The sight of immigrant children in cages warms their hearts--a couple died? Serves them right they say. They need a hit of revenge daily, and they don't care how they get it, even if it is destroying their life in the process by obliterating their jobs, access to healthcare, education, or clean water. They've got to tear people down so they can feel better about themselves.
E pur si muove -Galileo

NIKV69

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:10 pm

SL1200MK2 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Oh please cry me a river. AOC has brought this all on herself. Nobody told her to run, Nobody told her to vilify the rich and successful. Nobody told her to do the MSM circuit and continue to call people racist etc.

Since you condone this approach of making up soundbites and fear mongering as a way to win elections and shape policy you wouldn't understand opposition but its doomed to fail. As it should be. Wanting this to happen is not enjoying bad things happening to people it's wanting bad people to fail. Huge difference.

BN747 wrote:

It’s called ‘ schadenfreude’ ..the enjoyment derived from the suffering of others. All TTrump supporters share this trait. They have penciled in enemies of all sorts..it’s basically a full time occupation in what normal functions as the brain (as in normal sentient beings).

Like the fool above who critiques her tweet reply, while the idolized the nation’s leader who has the vernacular of an 8th grader - note these clowns will never own up to that. In a recent discussion, someone said most TTrump suppers like him because he is them - anti-intellectualism, simplicity rules and everyone is out to get them.

Sounds reasonable to me.

BN747

Thank you Dr. Frued I don't idolize Trump. I just don't have the irrational hatred you have for him because Rachel Maddow tells you to. I also understand he has a bit more to offer than this shiny new object that is only good at getting camera time and saying toxic things to get people believe she is getting something done. When in reality she is just younger version of the old DNC where they wanted the 70% tax rate and a hands off approach to foreign policy we had way back when.

Again I hope you go with it. It will be a pleasure to watch it implode and hopefully the few people left in the DNC with any sanity can save it.

BN747

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Flighty wrote:

And it’s beautiful.

Well AOC hasn't done anything yet, but I can think of another idiot megalomaniac who surrounds himself with sycophants and goes from self induced crisis to self induced crisis in the spirit of Chavez, like starting a trade war and then paying off his core supporters. Can't quite put my finger on his name though...loves to talk about himself for hours and has no ability to reverse course even when he knows he's only making things worse....what...is...his...name? Someone who wants to remake the judiciary and fed in his image but can't seem to do so...well I'm sure his name will come to me later...

BN747 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:

Sounds reasonable to me.

BN747

There's schadenfreude and then there's what drives Trump supporters, which is something entirely different--it's just unmitigated vengeful cruelty. They get off on seeing California burn. They love seeing those Mexicans drowning in Puerto Rico--can we find a way to strip them of disaster relief too? Great! The sight of immigrant children in cages warms their hearts--a couple died? Serves them right they say. They need a hit of revenge daily, and they don't care how they get it, even if it is destroying their life in the process by obliterating their jobs, access to healthcare, education, or clean water. They've got to tear people down so they can feel better about themselves.

Well said, basically 'schadenfreude on steroids'....you left out the how the death of children in their kiddy camps dying.

They are even exceptional at dismissing history altogether as far as the things occurring beforehand that leads to their latest subject of their wrath ...and 9x out 10...it's their politics that initiated the very thing they hate.

Their view of seeing women children and men escaping violence (declared war or not) attempting to save themselves is EXACTLY like ...

Someone bolting the doors shut on a building on fire, letting those inside suffer.

That's what they are trying to do the border, while as many Aussies, Kiwis, Irish, Germans, Italians, Russians can (and are) coming and over staying their visas in droves (there are so many Russian 'high-end call girls here in SoCal, you can't walk 10 feet without running into one.

They've always looked left when they should be looking at the danger coming from the completely opposition direction.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

BN747

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:24 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Oh please cry me a river. AOC has brought this all on herself. Nobody told her to run, Nobody told her to vilify the rich and successful. Nobody told her to do the MSM circuit and continue to call people racist etc.

Since you condone this approach of making up soundbites and fear mongering as a way to win elections and shape policy you wouldn't understand opposition but its doomed to fail. As it should be. Wanting this to happen is not enjoying bad things happening to people it's wanting bad people to fail. Huge difference.

BN747 wrote:

Sounds reasonable to me.

BN747

Thank you Dr. Frued I don't idolize Trump. I just don't have the irrational hatred you have for him because Rachel Maddow tells you to. I also understand he has a bit more to offer than this shiny new object that is only good at getting camera time and saying toxic things to get people believe she is getting something done. When in reality she is just younger version of the old DNC where they wanted the 70% tax rate and a hands off approach to foreign policy we had way back when.

Again I hope you go with it. It will be a pleasure to watch it implode and hopefully the few people left in the DNC with any sanity can save it.

If you put down that barrel of Cheetos and read what I've posted re:your hero, you'd draw the conclusion that my understanding of your hero goes WAAYYYY beyond your silly/weak Rachel Maddow spin (although if you were able to manage your 'instant name firebombing' technique...you could learn something. But you can not, simply as I stated above, you're so intellectually lazy (in addition to the physical) that simplicity works best for you (as well as all TTrump supporters) you don't want to think for yourself or just incapable (I'll go with the latter). That vapid summation of what AOC is, speaks more about your lack of brain cells than you could ever imagine. You are doing the same 'evaluation' as does your hero TTrump, you people see a threat out of the mouths of anyone capable of more complex thoughts than yourselves. It's amazing to me how you people fail miserably at seeing how you come across to others as you are actually saying the stupid shit your are saying, if one goes back and look at any comments you've made of ANY strong woman on this board - it's will the same cut n paste statements for every single one of them. It spotlights how you are simply terrified of women with a voice or power or both. Yeah, you are that obvious....just don't haven't the clue of how you come off. And yet you think your pov is 'unique'. It is ...uniquely stupid.

BN747

mham001

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:50 pm

BN747 wrote:
That's what they are trying to do the border, while as many Aussies, Kiwis, Irish, Germans, Italians, Russians can (and are) coming and over staying their visas in droves (there are so many Russian 'high-end call girls here in SoCal, you can't walk 10 feet without running into one.

BN747

You have some actual numbers on that or is this just anecdotal information from your brothel runs?

Nevermind, I knew you wouldn't, so I found my own. New Zealand and Australia have overstay rates ~.3%, Germans and Irish, under .5%, Italians at .72%. Russia at 4%. Vastly lower than many, many other countries, all countries "of color". You seem very afraid of white people.

But don't let your prejudice and racism get in the way, refute these FACTS....https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... Report.pdf

BN747

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 am

mham001 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

You have some actual numbers on that or is this just anecdotal information from your brothel runs?

Nevermind, I knew you wouldn't, so I found my own. New Zealand and Australia have overstay rates ~.3%, Germans and Irish, under .5%, Italians at .72%. Russia at 4%. Vastly lower than many, many other countries, all countries "of color". You seem very afraid of white people.

But don't let your prejudice and racism get in the way, refute these FACTS....https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... Report.pdf

Anecdotal, I speak daily (for a few years now) with various valet parking attendants at most prestigious hotels in the golden triangle (screenplay research)...those guys are a treasure trove of info on what is happening and who is doing what. In addition, I have a few neighbors who visa overstayers from the nations I mentioned plus the numerous door men, bartenders and other service industry workers (businesses that patronize)..I’m sure none of those people are in official stats anywhere. Like anything, it shows up in the stats when it it is closely monitored or reported, which many cases go undetected.

Hmmm I answered you respectfully, overlooking your smart-assed ‘never mind..’ comment, that's on me (where you choose to know better from some google page). You go ahead and go by ‘the numbers’, that’s why people like you never see what’s coming ..people on the street always have a better grasp/sense of what’s going down or coming vs ppl waiting for some official report to 'tell them' what is happening.

But I turn you back to men scared of women charge...continue...

BN747

Slug71

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:38 am

I sure do enjoy the entertainment. The Democrats finally found their Sarah Palin on steroids.

https://youtu.be/t_TYZ6VRNNg

https://youtu.be/O2q4cHONB6I

https://youtu.be/-WG7LLEwJaE

MaverickM11

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:41 am

Slug71 wrote:
I sure do enjoy the entertainment. The Democrats finally found their Sarah Palin on steroids.

https://youtu.be/t_TYZ6VRNNg

https://youtu.be/O2q4cHONB6I

https://youtu.be/-WG7LLEwJaE

Except she's literate, and not prattling on about family values while raising a whore and a son that beats the bejesus out of his father...
E pur si muove -Galileo

mham001

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:42 am

BN747 wrote:
mham001 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Anecdotal, I speak daily (for a few years now) with various valet parking attendants at most prestigious hotels in the golden triangle (screenplay research)...those guys are a treasure trove of info on what is happening and who is doing what. In addition, I have a few neighbors who visa overstayers from the nations I mentioned plus the numerous door men, bartenders and other service industry workers (businesses that patronize)..I’m sure none of those people are in official stats anywhere. Like anything, it shows up in the stats when it it is closely monitored or reported, which many cases go undetected.

Hmmm I answered you respectfully, overlooking your smart-assed ‘never mind..’ comment, that's on me (where you choose to know better from some google page). You go ahead and go by ‘the numbers’, that’s why people like you never see what’s coming ..people on the street always have a better grasp/sense of what’s going down or coming vs ppl waiting for some official report to 'tell them' what is happening.

BN747

LOL. So it is the words of valet parking attendants over official government stats. And yes, if those people overstayed their visas, they are indeed included in the stats. Too funny, where do you think they went, a conspiracy to erase their record of entry? Unless you say they crossed the border by foot - in which case they never had visas to overstay and just provides more reasons for more barriers.

You got nothing but an extremely small sample from your very limited choice of inquiry.

BN747 wrote:
You go ahead and go by ‘the numbers’, that’s why people like you never see what’s coming ..
BN747

So based on parking valets, you are saying a bunch of white people are "coming" and it scares you. OK. How many white people?

Romeo9408

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 am

If air traffic controllers have to retire at " a certain age," then shouldn't EVERYONE be put out to pasture, so to speak? Old farts over 40 need to get off the stage. Your brains are atrophied anyway.

VTKillarney

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:55 am

mham001 wrote:
So it is the words of valet parking attendants over official government stats.

Yeah, that was a little weird.

Berevoff

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:57 am

Are they still going to be playing baseball this spring?

DIRECTFLT

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:57 am

AOC is a good dancer. She should make a fitness video, for the President's Fitness Council. I'll throw in the ThighMaster for free.

And she definitely needs to make a guest appearance on Sesame Street. She might learn something !!
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

mham001

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:58 am

mham001 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

CORRECTION - Looking back, the actual rate of Russian Overstays of Visas Business and Pleasure is at 1.39%, not the 4% I used above.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files ... Report.pdf

Russian deportations rose modestly under Trump in 2017... https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files ... FY2017.pdf See page 15.

Pretty much lays to bunk this claim of a "great white migration". Racists such as BN747 can sleep easy tonight.

stratosphere

Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:30 am

AOC I have to admit is comical there are so many memes out there on her I don't know which one is the most funny. Her Democrat colleagues are starting to turn on her already. She is inexperienced has grand ideas which are pie in the sky I suppose. Her life has consisted of being a bartender and a dancer but I am sure you will all say Trump came to the table with equally poor qualifications. I voted for Trump out of hate for DC and the status quo. I am not exactly happy with him tho.

BN747

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 am

mham001 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

BN747

LOL. So it is the words of valet parking attendants over official government stats. And yes, if those people overstayed their visas, they are indeed included in the stats. Too funny, where do you think they went, a conspiracy to erase their record of entry? Unless you say they crossed the border by foot - in which case they never had visas to overstay and just provides more reasons for more barriers.

You got nothing but an extremely small sample from your very limited choice of inquiry.

BN747 wrote:
You go ahead and go by ‘the numbers’, that’s why people like you never see what’s coming ..
BN747

So based on parking valets, you are saying a bunch of white people are "coming" and it scares you. OK. How many white people?

Belittle grunt workers all you want, therein lies your errant thinking (if one could call that 'thinking'.

You seem to think the top earners 'share' what's really going on, when in truth that crowd will share nothing about what they're doing...it's how they stay wealthy and keep you out of their ranks. OTOH, the grunt works spill everything and in great detail - forms a picture, a more accurate focus on the conduct of those who think 'no one is paying attention' or the more arrogant approach like you, 'what does he/she know other than parking my car or bringing my food or mixing my cocktail.

Here's how you distinguish people who are aware...and the fools who aren't (you - waiting for a compiled set of stats in order to form an opinion.

Those who are aware are among those living life and engaging with those who are willing to open up and talk, scared frightened and the close minded ..like you wholly rely on what they read...not what they know, because they don't know nor experience anything beyond their comfort zones.

The number of illegal white people in this country is astronomical and will never be disclosed because they aren't perceived as a threat, they are encourage by your hero, TTrump to increase their presence...simply out of fear of too many 'browns, blacks and yellows' - terms you understand above all else.

mham001 wrote:

Pretty much lays to bunk this claim of a "great white migration". Racists such as BN747 can sleep easy tonight.

Dude, don't even try it...you only thing you KNOW about racism is what you practice and how to try deflecting and projecting the term onto people calling you out Fox News style....that's the extent of your understanding racism. You calling me a racist is like me calling you a child molester - which I have no idea what you do when not trolling on a.net. Difference is, child molestation is easily defined...and people like you think racism, sexism are also as simplistic in defining and they far from it. Small minds like yours should refrain from using terms you know squat about.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:02 am

It is hilarious/frightening to see all the MAGA fan boys who genuinely fear women in power. Who fear women speaking their mind and using "adult" language they cheer their criminal leader for. Maybe she should wear a cheap toupee, orange fat suit, and knock off Armani suit so you MAGA fan boys can support her.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

VTKillarney

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:14 am

BN747 wrote:

Belittle grunt workers all you want, therein lies your errant thinking (if one could call that 'thinking'.

Relax. Nobody belittled “grunt” workers. They just said that a couple of anecdotal conversations with them is not a more reliable source than the actual government statistics. That’s not exactly controversial.

stratosphere

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:21 am

BN747 wrote:
mham001 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

BN747 wrote:
BN747

You seem to think the top earners 'share' what's really going on, when in truth that crowd will share nothing about what they're doing...it's how they stay wealthy and keep you out of their ranks. OTOH, the grunt works spill everything and in great detail - forms a picture, a more accurate focus on the conduct of those who think 'no one is paying attention' or the more arrogant approach like you, 'what does he/she know other than parking my car or bringing my food or mixing my cocktail.

Here's how you distinguish people who are aware...and the fools who aren't (you - waiting for a compiled set of stats in order to form an opinion.

Those who are aware are among those living life and engaging with those who are willing to open up and talk, scared frightened and the close minded ..like you wholly rely on what they read...not what they know, because they don't know nor experience anything beyond their comfort zones.

The number of illegal white people in this country is astronomical and will never be disclosed because they aren't perceived as a threat, they are encourage by your hero, TTrump to increase their presence...simply out of fear of too many 'browns, blacks and yellows' - terms you understand above all else.

mham001 wrote:

Dude, don't even try it...you only thing you KNOW about racism is what you practice and how to try deflecting and projecting the term onto people calling you out Fox News style....that's the extent of your understanding racism. You calling me a racist is like me calling you a child molester - which I have no idea what you do when not trolling on a.net. Difference is, child molestation is easily defined...and people like you think racism, sexism are also as simplistic in defining and they far from it. Small minds like yours should refrain from using terms you know squat about.

BN747

You're a disgrace to the great Braniff don't know if you ever worked for them my guess is you're too young to have. Wanting a wall is not racist. We had amnesty in 1986 under Reagan we were supposed to have secured the border then but we didn't. We have walls around prisons and a lot of rich Democratic congressman properties. They work but I think it should be one step in a multi step process to help curb the influx. We need to revamp our processes to allow people who want to come here legally easier and not as long. We also need to clamp down on employers who employ illegals with stiff fines which will probably never happen too many profit from illegal labor.,

Dieuwer

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:27 am

NIKV69 wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Rock on.

"Who dis" seems to be an acceptable form of Urban Language used in text conversation to ask people who they are, and/or reject people by making the initial response (from Lieberman) look like a mistake.

flyguy89

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 am

Both Trump and Ocasio-Cortez's policies frighten me...can we finally just get an adult in the Oval Office in 2020?

In all seriousness though she's alright to me, I appreciate seeing someone of my generation in Congress. Even as someone not of "progressive" persuasion Ocasio-Cortez doesn't give me any heartburn, and for the same reason Bernie never did. At the end of the day the math is the math. Even if she were president tomorrow and got her 70% tax rates, there's absolutely no way any of her ideas could realistically be funded and executed on top of existing entitlements with our current debt and deficit.

seb146

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:35 am

flyguy89 wrote:
Both Trump and Ocasio-Cortez's policies frighten me...can we finally just get an adult in the Oval Office in 2020?

She is not eligible to run because of her age.

In all seriousness though she's alright to me, I appreciate seeing someone of my generation in Congress. Even as someone not of "progressive" persuasion Ocasio-Cortez doesn't give me any heartburn, and for the same reason Bernie never did. At the end of the day the math is the math. Even if she were president tomorrow and got her 70% tax rates, there's absolutely no way any of her ideas could realistically be funded and executed on top of existing entitlements with our current debt and deficit.

How did it work back in the day when we had those tax rates? We could afford things like health care and education and housing then but not now? How does that work?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

VTKillarney

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:43 am

Nobody actually paid those rates.

flyguy89

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:17 am

seb146 wrote:

How did it work back in the day when we had those tax rates? We could afford things like health care and education and housing then but not now? How does that work?

Demographics and a wholly different global competitive landscape.

flyguy89

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 am

VTKillarney wrote:

Correct. The effective tax rates the highest earners paid even during the period where top statutory rates were 90% was around around 45%. Higher than today certainly, but progressives will be disappointed that the much-vaunted 70% tax will bring in much less revenue than they think.

To unpack this further, the U.S. has generally not been able to get more than 18% of total of GDP in revenue. We’re in a big enough hole at this point that revenue collection alone will not get us out of this mess absent substantial spending reforms.

ThePointblank

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:47 am

flyguy89 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Correct. The effective tax rates the highest earners paid even during the period where top statutory rates were 90% was around around 45%. Higher than today certainly, but progressives will be disappointed that the much-vaunted 70% tax will bring in much less revenue than they think.

To unpack this further, the U.S. has generally not been able to get more than 18% of total of GDP in revenue. We’re in a big enough hole at this point that revenue collection alone will not get us out of this mess absent substantial spending reforms.

Or, the US government imposes a federal VAT to bring in more revenue.

flyguy89

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 am

ThePointblank wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

On paper, sure. But that 18% figure is revenue from ALL taxes, not just income taxes. That indicates there's an inflection point in revenue generation where people simply begin to modify their behaviors to avoid or minimize tax payments.

ThePointblank

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:10 am

flyguy89 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:

On paper, sure. But that 18% figure is revenue from ALL taxes, not just income taxes. That indicates there's an inflection point in revenue generation where people simply begin to modify their behaviors to avoid or minimize tax payments.

Hence a VAT. While one can use all sorts of accounting tricks and tax allowances to keep your income tax low, you can't avoid paying tax on purchases you buy in the US.

Say, a 5% on value on all goods and services bought or sold in the US.

NIKV69

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:22 am

BN747 wrote:
[
.you left out the how the death of children in their kiddy camps dying.

Drama much? I wonder how anyone can take you seriously but keep up the fight it will be good to watch the DNC scramble to control this person as she just puts her foot in her mouth every 5 mins. Just remember her answer as to where the trillions will come from to finance her free stuff fantasy.

"you just pay for it"

:wave: :wave: :wave:

flyguy89

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:48 am

ThePointblank wrote:
flyguy89 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:

Hence a VAT. While one can use all sorts of accounting tricks and tax allowances to keep your income tax low, you can't avoid paying tax on purchases you buy in the US.

Say, a 5% on value on all goods and services bought or sold in the US.

It really wouldn't matter since we're talking about total tax burden, not just income taxes. Whether you're adding VAT or some other tax, historically the total take has not exceeded ~18%.

scbriml

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:50 pm

2122M wrote:
OK, so right-wing obejections on this forum so far are:

Lies about things she said as a joke in the past
Insults about her eyes/looks
Being called out for not getting a desirable committee seat as a 1st year congresswoman.
Claims that she is pro-communism (like to see a source for that...)
A little bit of dyslexia. (ACO??)

A stab in the dark here, but I'm going to guess she's not a Republican? :lol:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.