User avatar
stl07
Topic Author
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:01 am

Personally, I felt like within the context of the actual debate, the Democrats' argument made more sense, but I feel as though the masses didn't take them seriously because of Chuck and Pelosi's faces

Thoughts?
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:57 am

It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:11 pm

This came up thanks to Google’s image search. If you told me that this was a photo taken at Madam Tassauds I would absolutely believe you.

Image
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:58 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


Ahh...the typical Repukes (wait, forgot that you are a “moderate”) response, i.e. when they can’t win on issue, they attack how somebody looks, their sex, their race, or perhaps the fact that somebody uses slightly foul languages.

What else should I expect from the party whose so-call “leader” knows nothing but personal attack, though?
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:03 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


Ahh...the typical Repukes (wait, forgot that you are a “moderate”) response, i.e. when they can’t win on issue, they attack how somebody looks, their sex, their race, or perhaps the fact that somebody uses slightly foul languages.

What else should I expect from the party whose so-call “leader” knows nothing but personal attack, though?

First, your issue is with the person who opened this thread, who does not appear to be a conservative by any stretch.

Second, this is an Internet forum, not the New York Times.

Third, there have been literally hundreds of times that Trump’s appearance has been criticized on this forum. And yet you waited until now to clutch your pearls. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
 
User avatar
notaxonrotax
Posts: 1296
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:18 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
there have been literally hundreds of times that Trump’s appearance has been criticized on this forum. And yet you waited until now to clutch your pearls. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.


And yet you find the looks of politicians credible criticism, all of a sudden?
Talk about a low quality post.


No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:25 pm

notaxonrotax wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:


And yet you find the looks of politicians credible criticism, all of a sudden?
Talk about a low quality post.


No Tax On Rotax

Nice try. This thread is not a discussion of the underlying issues. I have never commented on one’s appearance in a thread that is intended to discuss the issues. In a thread that is solely intended to discuss appearance? Yes, but that is all. That cannot be said of the liberals on this forum.

The pearl clutching here is entertaining, to say the least.
 
winginit
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:49 pm

I’ll admit that while the content of last night’s rebuttal was fine, the optics weren’t great.

I’d be curious to learn whether or not Chuck and Nancy had a preview of what Trump was going to say before they penned their rebuttal. While watching, I was of the impression that the Democrats expected your average off the rails Trump rant similar to what we’ve seen in the past whereas instead what we got, arguably for the first time, was a scripted and composed Donald Trump.

The result, at least in my interpretation, was a response that would have been a perfectly suitable one to a Trump rant, but fell a bit flat when compared to what was a fully scripted Trump.

As an aside, I think the Democrats missed an opportunity to capitalize on the excitement around many of their newly elected house members by not putting them in front of a camera for a rebuttal.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6854
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:25 pm

I liked Trump's line of "rich people having walls in their property to protect their loved ones inside"...sure. They also have roofs and car garages and stuff, but they don't demand that HOA or the neighbors or the city pay for those things.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1791
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

winginit wrote:
The result, at least in my interpretation, was a response that would have been a perfectly suitable one to a Trump rant, but fell a bit flat when compared to what was a fully scripted Trump.


Exactly what my wife and I thought.

winginit wrote:
As an aside, I think the Democrats missed an opportunity to capitalize on the excitement around many of their newly elected house members by not putting them in front of a camera for a rebuttal.


I disagree. I think if they had done so their response would have had even worse optics. (Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see AOC up there providing the rebuttal)

But I think the optics would not have played well and with the rebuttal speech(es) already missing the mark it would have only been worse. Pelosi and Schumer had to be the ones to deliver it. Unfortunately for them, rebuttal speeches always miss their mark. It's tough because you really need to produce a counter when the leader of a party produces a policy speech in this way, but unless you're delivering an off-the-cuff response with someone who is a strong orator, it's going to fall flat. You have to appear that you are responding to their speech. They are always scripted, and therefore, not a response.

Trump missed an opportunity to use Pelosi and Schumer's words against them, if he had done that it would have been even more devastating if they stuck to the script and didn't address it.
 
winginit
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:09 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

I disagree. I think if they had done so their response would have had even worse optics. (Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see AOC up there providing the rebuttal)

But I think the optics would not have played well and with the rebuttal speech(es) already missing the mark it would have only been worse. Pelosi and Schumer had to be the ones to deliver it. Unfortunately for them, rebuttal speeches always miss their mark. It's tough because you really need to produce a counter when the leader of a party produces a policy speech in this way, but unless you're delivering an off-the-cuff response with someone who is a strong orator, it's going to fall flat. You have to appear that you are responding to their speech. They are always scripted, and therefore, not a response.

Trump missed an opportunity to use Pelosi and Schumer's words against them, if he had done that it would have been even more devastating if they stuck to the script and didn't address it.


I get that view. As I digest today’s headlines and reluctantly dabble into the political Twitter-sphere, I’m starting to wonder whether the best democratic rebuttal may have been no rebuttal. The many (and much needed) fact check articles are articulating what the Democrats were trying to say better than the Democrats did.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:15 pm

winginit wrote:
I’m starting to wonder whether the best democratic rebuttal may have been no rebuttal. The many (and much needed) fact check articles are articulating what the Democrats were trying to say better than the Democrats did.


The best rebuttal would have been for the myriad networks to have apologized to their viewers for carrying such a lame claim of "national emergency". It was clearly a speech aimed at Republicans: a "please don't abandon me" plea. As such, it did nothing to move the blame-o-meter away from this president himself.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
winginit
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:22 pm

alfa164 wrote:
winginit wrote:
I’m starting to wonder whether the best democratic rebuttal may have been no rebuttal. The many (and much needed) fact check articles are articulating what the Democrats were trying to say better than the Democrats did.


The best rebuttal would have been for the myriad networks to have apologized to their viewers for carrying such a lame claim of "national emergency".


That I most certainly agree with. I think you probably had a whole group of angry network executives last night. I’ve heard that they were briefed around roughly what Trump was going to speak to, but I’m wondering if some may have been operating under the impression that there was a chance Trump might formally declare a state of emergency and thus they felt obligated to cough up the free airtime.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1791
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:24 pm

Do you really think any of the networks would have opted to not carry it? I mean that would be newsworthy in itself to choose not to carry a presidential address.
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 2897
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 pm

The faces of two globalists who lost power and are trying to wrench it back. Faces of anger, fear, and evil. Not a pleasant look obviously.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Here is some pretty good analysis of Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi’s speech.

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/watch-how- ... ingeworthy
Last edited by VTKillarney on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Do you really think any of the networks would have opted to not carry it? I mean that would be newsworthy in itself to choose not to carry a presidential address.


They refused to carry Obama's oval office speech about immigration in 2014.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Berevoff wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
Do you really think any of the networks would have opted to not carry it? I mean that would be newsworthy in itself to choose not to carry a presidential address.


They refused to carry Obama's oval office speech about immigration in 2014.


There was no shut down at the time. Apples to oranges.
 
winginit
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:49 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
The faces of two globalists who lost power and are trying to wrench it back. Faces of anger, fear, and evil. Not a pleasant look obviously.


Trying to wrench it back? By that do you mean fresh off of gaining 40 seats in the House?
 
alfa164
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:59 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
The faces of two globalists who lost power and are trying to wrench it back. Faces of anger, fear, and evil. Not a pleasant look obviously.


Better to be a "globalist" than the white nationalist scumbags that swarm around among the Trump followers.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12053
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Do you really think any of the networks would have opted to not carry it? I mean that would be newsworthy in itself to choose not to carry a presidential address.


Normally yes but this is now a mission from the MSM to remove a president from office and if they can't to defeat him in 2020.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
skyservice_330
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2000 6:50 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:08 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
notaxonrotax wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:


And yet you find the looks of politicians credible criticism, all of a sudden?
Talk about a low quality post.


No Tax On Rotax

Nice try. This thread is not a discussion of the underlying issues. I have never commented on one’s appearance in a thread that is intended to discuss the issues. In a thread that is solely intended to discuss appearance? Yes, but that is all. That cannot be said of the liberals on this forum.

The pearl clutching here is entertaining, to say the least.


You must have a short memory, as the bolded part above is not true. Yesterday, in a thread on the shutdown (the issues, as you call them) you introduced frat boy level commentary around Nancy Pelosi's look on camera and indicated your belief she has had plastic surgery. It has since been deleted. You can lie (as done above) and deny it, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:10 pm

skyservice_330 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
notaxonrotax wrote:

And yet you find the looks of politicians credible criticism, all of a sudden?
Talk about a low quality post.


No Tax On Rotax

Nice try. This thread is not a discussion of the underlying issues. I have never commented on one’s appearance in a thread that is intended to discuss the issues. In a thread that is solely intended to discuss appearance? Yes, but that is all. That cannot be said of the liberals on this forum.

The pearl clutching here is entertaining, to say the least.


You must have a short memory, as the bolded part above is not true. Yesterday, in a thread on the shutdown (the issues, as you call them) you introduced frat boy level commentary around Nancy Pelosi's look on camera and indicated your belief she has had plastic surgery. It has since been deleted. You can lie (as done above) and deny it, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Huh??? Link?
 
LMP737
Posts: 5740
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:07 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


Amazing. Trump's speech was basically one lie and half truth after another and this is what you focus on. Heck, even Fox news called him out on it.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 905
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 pm

LMP737 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


Amazing. Trump's speech was basically one lie and half truth after another and this is what you focus on. Heck, even Fox news called him out on it.


Not to mention the fact that Trump looked(and sniffed) as if he had hoovered a few rails of adderall(pharmaceutical meth) before his address. It's pretty clear how the mods align themselves politically when I suggested that last night and it was deleted within twenty minutes yet this moderately misogynistic thread is still going strong.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5740
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Normally yes but this is now a mission from the MSM to remove a president from office and if they can't to defeat him in 2020.


Are you referring to Fox News? Because they called him out on his numerous lies too.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1791
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:41 pm

bagoldex wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


Amazing. Trump's speech was basically one lie and half truth after another and this is what you focus on. Heck, even Fox news called him out on it.


Not to mention the fact that Trump looked(and sniffed) as if he had hoovered a few rails of adderall(pharmaceutical meth) before his address. It's pretty clear how the mods align themselves politically when I suggested that last night and it was deleted within twenty minutes yet this moderately misogynistic thread is still going strong.


Criticizing botox has been done both ways.

Trump's botox looks to have basically shut his right eye down at this point. My wife and I were laughing about it.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2335
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:02 pm

winginit wrote:
I think the Democrats missed an opportunity to capitalize on the excitement around many of their newly elected house members by not putting them in front of a camera for a rebuttal.


There is nothing exciting about Alexandra Occasional Cortex who is calling for zero carbon emissions and taking everyone's car off the road in 11 years.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:17 pm

LMP737 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


Amazing. Trump's speech was basically one lie and half truth after another and this is what you focus on. Heck, even Fox news called him out on it.

You clearly missed the title of this thread.
 
winginit
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:22 pm

afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:
I think the Democrats missed an opportunity to capitalize on the excitement around many of their newly elected house members by not putting them in front of a camera for a rebuttal.


There is nothing exciting about Alexandra Occasional Cortex who is calling for zero carbon emissions and taking everyone's car off the road in 11 years.


Thank you for your pointless post!

Many find AOC’s approach and proposed policies relatable - evidence by her election to Congress. You may not. That’s fine. If you don’t have anything constructive to contribute don’t post.
Last edited by winginit on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2335
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:26 pm

LMP737 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


Amazing. Trump's speech was basically one lie and half truth after another and this is what you focus on. Heck, even Fox news called him out on it.


What was a lie? The only fact check I heard about was his claim one in three women heading for the border are raped. CBS news said Trump was wrong, it's more like 60 to 80 percent of them. I wonder why CBS ended up taking down that fact check not long after posting it? It probably doesn't allign with their mission statemen.
 
mham001
Posts: 5133
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 pm

LMP737 wrote:
Are you referring to Fox News? Because they called him out on his numerous lies too.


It's amazing to me how many people apparently watch FOX News simply to have something to kvetch about. I'd bet a good chunk of the minuscule of America that watches Fox News are people just like you. Why do you support them if you dislike them so? You have choices but your viewership supports their advertising rates. If I can stop sending oil money to oil despots I dislike by changing habits, you can give up Fox News. Just do it man, liberate yourself!
 
afcjets
Posts: 2335
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

winginit wrote:
afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:
I think the Democrats missed an opportunity to capitalize on the excitement around many of their newly elected house members by not putting them in front of a camera for a rebuttal.


There is nothing exciting about Alexandra Occasional Cortex who is calling for zero carbon emissions and taking everyone's car off the road in 11 years.


Thank you for your pointless post!

Many find AOC’s approach and proposed policies relatable - evidence by her election to Congress. You may not. That’s fine. If you don’t have anything constructive to contribute don’t post.


Maybe in her district, is she from NY where many people don't drive? Last night was a national audience and Democrats are smart enough not to give her any air time when a lot of people are watching.
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:06 pm

afcjets wrote:
winginit wrote:
afcjets wrote:

There is nothing exciting about Alexandra Occasional Cortex who is calling for zero carbon emissions and taking everyone's car off the road in 11 years.


Thank you for your pointless post!

Many find AOC’s approach and proposed policies relatable - evidence by her election to Congress. You may not. That’s fine. If you don’t have anything constructive to contribute don’t post.


Maybe in her district, is she from NY where many people don't drive? Last night was a national audience and Democrats are smart enough not to give her any air time when a lot of people are watching.


More like just admit that AOC has her own little Shangri-la but does not consider any consequences, even for her own constituent? Sadly, to me she's the Dems version of Trump, i.e. has absolutely no idea what she's proposing and what it means, probably just let everyone else figure out all the little things if such proposal ever get anywhere, etc. She's still young enough, though, unlike Trump who'll never change his way.

P.S. Dems know how to "damage control" well - i.e. last thing they want is to get somebody like AOC to babble stuff that's easy for Repukes to use as talking points. And people like Pelosi and Schumer, like them or not, actually has backbone to "control" people in their own party, unlike Repukes and how they just let Trump BS at will.
 
seb146
Posts: 18677
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:30 pm

It has more to do with too many people being brainwashed over the years that Democrats generally and Schumer and Pelosi specifically are evil and hate America. The MAGA fan boys need to open their minds and listen to all sides before making a decision. I know they hate doing that but they demand that from the rest of the country, we MUST demand it from them.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:08 pm

Great point, Seb. I really appreciate the example you set when it comes to being open minded about the other side. You don’t just preach, you are a role model.

Cheers.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am

VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


What are your job plans? Cheap-Shots 'R Us ?

seb146 wrote:
It has more to do with too many people being brainwashed over the years that Democrats generally and Schumer and Pelosi specifically are evil and hate America. The MAGA fan boys need to open their minds and listen to all sides before making a decision. I know they hate doing that but they demand that from the rest of the country, we MUST demand it from them.


:checkmark: It is sad that American politics has deteriorated unto a mud-fest; it is also a shame that American voters respond to negative ads and cheap-shots (see above). Stephen Hawking didn't lose his genius because he "couldn't move his face"; if we are down to making political decisions based to someone's facial movements... god help our republic...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 am

Steven Hawking wasn’t stupid enough to self inflict his maladies. Just saying...

I just love how the liberals are now clutching their pearls after three years of mocking Trump’s appearance.
 
User avatar
EstherLouise
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 am

I would like to know why Trump was sniffing like he had a narrowed nasal passage. Most of the time, he has no trouble breathing. Wink, wink, say no more.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83
 
LMP737
Posts: 5740
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:47 am

VTKillarney wrote:
You clearly missed the title of this thread.


I'm not missing anything. Just pointing out the blinders you have on regarding Trumps pathological lying.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:02 am

LMP737 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
You clearly missed the title of this thread.


I'm not missing anything. Just pointing out the blinders you have on regarding Trumps pathological lying.

Which has nothing to do with appearances. Keep moving those goal posts.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5740
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:25 am

mham001 wrote:

It's amazing to me how many people apparently watch FOX News simply to have something to kvetch about. I'd bet a good chunk of the minuscule of America that watches Fox News are people just like you. Why do you support them if you dislike them so? You have choices but your viewership supports their advertising rates. If I can stop sending oil money to oil despots I dislike by changing habits, you can give up Fox News. Just do it man, liberate yourself!


Exactly how is pointing out a fact "kvetching" about Fox News? Would you be happier if all I watched was MSNBC so when I mention them fact checking Trump you can get on your glass soapbox and complain about the "liberal MSM"? If you must know though I found out about Shepard Smith fact checking Trump here.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-new ... ech-2019-1

So don't assume things about me and my viewing habits.

Now that that's out of the way. Care to talk about the laundry list of lies coming from Trumps mouth? That's what I thought.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5740
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:31 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Which has nothing to do with appearances. Keep moving those goal posts.


And just keep being sanctimonious. Because you will never talk about his pathological lying. Doing so would mean acknowledging it.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:36 am

LMP737 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Which has nothing to do with appearances. Keep moving those goal posts.


And just keep being sanctimonious. Because you will never talk about his pathological lying. Doing so would mean acknowledging it.

I’m not going to talk about that in a thread that is about Nancy Pelosi’s appearance. It’s a very odd thing for you to take offense to.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5740
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:38 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Steven Hawking wasn’t stupid enough to self inflict his maladies. Just saying...

I just love how the liberals are now clutching their pearls after three years of mocking Trump’s appearance.


They're just playing the game conservatives started. Why don't you google the things that were said abut Hillary Clinton's appearance. Or Michelle Obama's appearance, some of which were just plain racist. Shouldn't be to surprised by that I guess.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5740
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:43 am

VTKillarney wrote:


I’m not going to talk about that in a thread that is about Nancy Pelosi’s appearance. It’s a very odd thing for you to take offense to.


Of course you're not going to. You're going to be laser focused on the topic thread because you never ever stray from it is that it?

Now if there's a thread about his pathological lying you're either going to be MIA or make excuses/deflect. Am I wrong?
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
stl07
Topic Author
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:17 am

bagoldex wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It was distracting. It’s hard for Pelosi to connect with the public when she can’t move most of her face.


Amazing. Trump's speech was basically one lie and half truth after another and this is what you focus on. Heck, even Fox news called him out on it.


Not to mention the fact that Trump looked(and sniffed) as if he had hoovered a few rails of adderall(pharmaceutical meth) before his address. It's pretty clear how the mods align themselves politically when I suggested that last night and it was deleted within twenty minutes yet this moderately misogynistic thread is still going strong.

I mentioned both individuals, not just the female, so I don't see the misogyny on my end at least. The reason I made this thread was that when I looked online after the address, instead of seeing people discuss the actual speeches, all I saw were people making fun of the Democrats' faces (which, to be fair, were very odd), and the speech's merit had been lost.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 am

Don’t you know the rules? It’s fine to make fun of Trump’s appearance but don’t you DARE make fun of a Democrat’s appearance.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 13694
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:30 pm

One key word in the Democrats rebuttal is very true and accurate as to Trump's speech - his use of playing up fear. Trump's 'speech' used every cliche used about immigrants for generations by playing up a few incidents of the fear of violent crime by them upon citizens to demand his 'wall'. Of course Trump ignores the real fears of violence of White Supremacists and racists but Democrats downplay the deadly violence mainly by and against citizens in Chicago, Baltimore and other cities where they dominate politics. A pox on both houses.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2335
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: democrats faces on prime time

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:44 pm

ltbewr wrote:
One key word in the Democrats rebuttal is very true and accurate as to Trump's speech - his use of playing up fear. Trump's 'speech' used every cliche used about immigrants for generations by playing up a few incidents of the fear of violent crime by them upon citizens to demand his 'wall'. Of course Trump ignores the real fears of violence of White Supremacists and racists but Democrats downplay the deadly violence mainly by and against citizens in Chicago, Baltimore and other cities where they dominate politics. A pox on both houses.


You claim Trump is “playing up fear” of immigrants which is deceptive because he only talked about violence by illegal immigrants and supports legal immigration. Then you claim he doesn’t mention “real fears” when it comes to violent crimes of white supremacists. Please compare stats of violent acts committed by illegal immigrants vs. white supremacists and explain why you feel the one with significantly less is real and the other has to be played up.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: casinterest, CPH-R, DocLightning, FTMCPIUS, PIMountaineer and 56 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos