alfa164

Re: Putin Wants To Be President For Life

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:37 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
It is likely that we and other blogs are infiltrated with agents dedicated to misinformation.

I think that is an understatement...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

WarRI1

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:28 pm

alfa164 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:
It is likely that we and other blogs are infiltrated with agents dedicated to misinformation.

I prefer to believe that theory myself, rather than think we have so many dumb people when reading the outlandish comments so prevelent during some of the discussions. :stirthepot:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

anrec80

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Two out the four absolute pro-Putin members don't live in Russia, or so they claim. That is kind of an interesting fact.

Yes, kind of is. I’ll even tell you more - it’s common for a total Russian liberal and Navalny supporter after migration to a Western country to become pro-Putin. During 2018 elections, 85% of Russians living abroad gave Putin their votes. I can even tell you how this “transformation” happens.

Let’s start that a typical Russian “opposition supporter” tends to be a well educated, established, and well paid professional. He listens to all these “rule of law” and “freedom” talks, and decides to move, say, to the USA or Canada. In the best case, if their English is good and their occupation is in demand, on the new place he will get about the same salary (which is already above average for their new home country). And when our “opposition supporter” gets his first paycheck, he sees 30-40% withheld for taxes, then he needs to pay for rent (while in Moscow or St. Petersburg he was living in his own apartment and may not even know what is a rent or mortgage).

Then he sees how much his living standard dropped, and sad migrant talks begin: “we didn’t count on that much taxes (in Russia it’s 13% flat)”, “rent is darn high”, “I kind of expected living standard drop, but nowhere that much”, “here it’s so backward, you have to write checks, can’t do anything online”, then “these best-places-to-live-ratings are all tricks”, “we are screwed over”, and “[email protected] it all here, I am going back”. That’s about it.

I am not even talking about the case where his occupation is not in demand, or there is competition in the field, or extensive re-certification is required, and our migrant has to start off delivering pizza. Then the whole process is much faster.

Or - as they simply put it in Russia, “the fridge wins over the TV”.

anrec80

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:38 am

salttee

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:44 am

anrec80 wrote:
Yes, kind of is. I’ll even tell you more - it’s common for a total Russian liberal and Navalny supporter after migration to a Western country to become pro-Putin. During 2018 elections, 85% of Russians living abroad gave Putin their votes. I can even tell you how this “transformation” happens.

Let’s start that a typical Russian “opposition supporter” tends to be a well educated, established, and well paid professional. He listens to all these “rule of law” and “freedom” talks, and decides to move, say, to the USA or Canada. In the best case, if their English is good and their occupation is in demand, on the new place he will get about the same salary (which is already above average for their new home country). And when our “opposition supporter” gets his first paycheck, he sees 30-40% withheld for taxes, then he needs to pay for rent (while in Moscow or St. Petersburg he was living in his own apartment and may not even know what is a rent or mortgage).

Then he sees how much his living standard dropped, and sad migrant talks begin: “we didn’t count on that much taxes (in Russia it’s 13% flat)”, “rent is darn high”, “I kind of expected living standard drop, but nowhere that much”, “here it’s so backward, you have to write checks, can’t do anything online”, then “these best-places-to-live-ratings are all tricks”, “we are screwed over”, and “[email protected] it all here, I am going back”. That’s about it.

I am not even talking about the case where his occupation is not in demand, or there is competition in the field, or extensive re-certification is required, and our migrant has to start off delivering pizza. Then the whole process is much faster.

We all know that this is all straight out of your imagination: do you?

anrec80

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:46 am

tu204 wrote:
https://m.lenta.ru/news/2019/01/03/aviakonstruktor/

Hey looks like your buddies decided to have some fun and beat up the designer of the An-225 Mriya, confusing the 81 year old for some fraudster.

Way to go.

Украина це Эвропа :lol:

In Kiev, the 81-year-old aircraft designer of the Antonov concern, Viktor Kovalsky, who worked on the creation of the An-225 Mriya aircraft, was beaten. This is reported by the Television News Service (TSN).
According to the channel, a man who had been working for Antonov for more than 40 years was attacked by three unknown persons when he was leaving the subway. After some time, two policemen arrived at the scene, who also began to kick Kovalsky. “The blows fell on me from behind and on the head ... They threw five and started kicking me like a ball, I was spinning like in a skillet,” the victim said.
After that, the man was handcuffed and put in a police car. It turned out that one of the attackers took Kovalsky for a fraudster who stole about 10 thousand dollars from him. However, when examining the aircraft designer’s portfolio, law enforcement officers found only drawings in it and were forced to release the man.

Yepp, fight against “Soviet heritage” in its best.

anrec80

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:48 am

salttee wrote:
We all know that this is all straight out of your imagination: do you?

No, this is not my imagination. Simply a reality. This is how it works with immigrant professionals lately oftentimes.

BawliBooch

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 am

This reminds me of an Urdu couplet. Rough translation - "He who sat on the throne before you, also believed himself to be god!".

Putin is suffering from the same delusions as many dick-tators before him. He will be gone soon too! The only question is how much more suffering will the Russian people have to go through before this "god" is sent off into history!
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!

anrec80

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:22 am

BawliBooch wrote:
This reminds me of an Urdu couplet. Rough translation - "He who sat on the throne before you, also believed himself to be god!".

Putin is suffering from the same delusions as many dick-tators before him. He will be gone soon too! The only question is how much more suffering will the Russian people have to go through before this "god" is sent off into history!

We need more details here - who in Russia is suffering? Russian people elected their President with 75% of votes, with record high turnout. They don’t want to send him into history yet. You need to wait 5 more years.

Dutchy

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:45 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Two out the four absolute pro-Putin members don't live in Russia, or so they claim. That is kind of an interesting fact.

Nice story, provide us with the numbers. And what do you do in the west if you hate it this much? :lol:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Braybuddy

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 am

anrec80 wrote:
Today, Russia doesn’t meddle anywhere.

Thank you for making my day . . . :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

anrec80

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Nice story, provide us with the numbers. And what do you do in the west if you hate it this much? :lol:

Thank you Dutchy, I am glad you liked the story. Just one more question - where in it did you see that I somehow “hate the West”? I just provided a common view of a new immigrant - a professional, a desired type of immigrant actually.

Aesma

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Now Putin wants to rehabilitate the Afghan invasion, you couldn't make this up ! https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 1d7f5e5b6d
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

trpmb6

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Absolute garbage. I worked with several Russians about 5-8 years ago on an engineering project here in the states. They were on site for about a year or so. Some rotated in and out back to their main engineering office in Russia, but a few were on long term visas here. I'll never forget one of the younger female engineers who was balling her eyes out on her last day because she didn't want to have to go back to Russia. She tried everything she could to stay here short of marrying someone. The only one who was really interested in returning home was the older engineer who had a family and kids back home to return to.

Dutchy

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:53 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Thank you Dutchy, I am glad you liked the story. Just one more question - where in it did you see that I somehow “hate the West”? I just provided a common view of a new immigrant - a professional, a desired type of immigrant actually.

I asked you to provide numbers, but instead, you gave us more talk. So again, provide evidence of your "common view", give you a hint: immigration and emigration numbers to and from Russia.

anrec80

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:23 am

trpmb6 wrote:
Absolute garbage. I worked with several Russians about 5-8 years ago on an engineering project here in the states. They were on site for about a year or so. Some rotated in and out back to their main engineering office in Russia, but a few were on long term visas here. I'll never forget one of the younger female engineers who was balling her eyes out on her last day because she didn't want to have to go back to Russia. She tried everything she could to stay here short of marrying someone. The only one who was really interested in returning home was the older engineer who had a family and kids back home to return to.

There is one thing in common between you and that girl - you guys are mixing tourism and immigration. There is a chasm between these two. In case of that group, their employer paid their trip, arranged accommodation, paid them descent salary - they did not have to solve any problems on their own. Sure, it's a great way to experience living in a new country. But this is more like tourism, obviously. Another great option is when you find an American employer who is willing to take care of all proper H1B/L1 paperwork, offer you a descent compensation, pay moving expenses, provide a set of benefits to help you settle in (temp housing, language classes, first year taxes). In that case, you aren't risking anything - if something does not work out, you can either go back or find another job with the same visa (H1Bs are transferable).

And it's a totally different story when all you have is a one-way ticket and a greencard. This is when all the uncertainties begin - language knowledge may not be quite there to re-enter career, skills mismatch, education and experience employers aren't quite sure about, being over-qualified (a Canadian job market "feature"). It's a lot of luck if you get a job in your field soon enough. Otherwise - by the time you search for entryways - you have to get any job you can get (even deliver pizza) to keep your pants up, and by that time both your savings and your career standing are down the drain. I don't know how many millions of lives, destinies, relationships, families were broken into pieces by such moves.

There are places in this world I would love to try living as well. If I come across an employer or a project that's willing to take me there and make all arrangements - sure, I'll be the first one on the plane. But would I quit my job, sell my house and go there on my own with a one-way ticket? Obviously not, in my age (mid-30s) this is just a reckless Russian roulette with my own future. In early to mid 20s it's easier - still a lot of time to make a bunch of mistakes and fix everything back nicely.

P.S. The way you described it also made me wonder - was it even legal for them to work in the USA? Did their employer actually bother with proper work visas, or were they just on visitor visas? I suspect the latter - proper H1B or L1 takes months and costs USD 5-7K; almost nobody goes those lengths for a temp project. In that case, they can travel around the country, have business meetings - but can't do actual work. And it's for the better that nothing panned out and she did not have do deal with USCIS - those people are good at uncovering such violations (e.g. "your resume says you've been working for a U.S. company in the USA, but you had a visitor visa!"). In that case - she would have seen the other side of America - an immigration detention center, some jail time and deportation with 10-15 year ban.

Dutchy

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:27 am

anrec80 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

There is one thing in common between you and that girl - you guys are mixing tourism and immigration. There is a chasm between these two. In case of that group, their employer paid their trip, arranged accommodation, paid them descent salary - they did not have to solve any problems on their own. Sure, it's a great way to experience living in a new country. But this is more like tourism, obviously. Another great option is when you find an American employer who is willing to take care of all proper H1B/L1 paperwork, offer you a descent compensation, pay moving expenses, provide a set of benefits to help you settle in (temp housing, language classes, first year taxes). In that case, you aren't risking anything - if something does not work out, you can either go back or find another job with the same visa (H1Bs are transferable).

And it's a totally different story when all you have is a one-way ticket and a greencard. This is when all the uncertainties begin - language knowledge may not be quite there to re-enter career, skills mismatch, education and experience employers aren't quite sure about, being over-qualified (a Canadian job market "feature"). It's a lot of luck if you get a job in your field soon enough. Otherwise - by the time you search for entryways - you have to get any job you can get (even deliver pizza) to keep your pants up, and by that time both your savings and your career standing are down the drain. I don't know how many millions of lives, destinies, relationships, families were broken into pieces by such moves.

There are places in this world I would love to try living as well. If I come across an employer or a project that's willing to take me there and make all arrangements - sure, I'll be the first one on the plane. But would I quit my job, sell my house and go there on my own with a one-way ticket? Obviously not, in my age (mid-30s) this is just a reckless Russian roulette with my own future. In early to mid 20s it's easier - still a lot of time to make a bunch of mistakes and fix everything back nicely.

P.S. The way you described it also made me wonder - was it even legal for them to work in the USA? Did their employer actually bother with proper work visas, or were they just on visitor visas? I suspect the latter - proper H1B or L1 takes months and costs USD 5-7K; almost nobody goes those lengths for a temp project. In that case, they can travel around the country, have business meetings - but can't do actual work. And it's for the better that nothing panned out and she did not have do deal with USCIS - those people are good at uncovering such violations (e.g. "your resume says you've been working for a U.S. company in the USA, but you had a visitor visa!"). In that case - she would have seen the other side of America - an immigration detention center, some jail time and deportation with 10-15 year ban.

Still stories and I note, you don't bother to answer my question yet again for independent evidence. So I would say you stories are not true.

Jouhou

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:46 am

alfa164 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

I take it as a compliment that the Russians here don't bother with pretending to be westerners, as a sign that they think we are at least a little less stupid and gullible than the rest of the English language internet.

Usually when I find a troll writing in English with bizarre eastern european grammar and claiming to be an all American patriot I need to insult Putin and Russia a little bit to get them to show their true colors!

anrec80

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Still stories and I note, you don't bother to answer my question yet again for independent evidence. So I would say you stories are not true.

Dutchy - why do you need to bug me over that? You know by now that Russia is a popular migration destination for x-USSR countries. Simple Google search - and you can’t get some picture:
https://www.theglobalist.com/russia-mig ... ia-mexico/

Number of Russians living abroad and number of foreign-born residents in Russia are about the same, and both are quite significant. 10 million Russians abroad, based on recent Presidential elections 85%, or 8,5 million of them must be Putin trolls. :D :D :D :D

Dutchy

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:53 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Dutchy - why do you need to bug me over that? You know by now that Russia is a popular migration destination for x-USSR countries. Simple Google search - and you can’t get some picture:
https://www.theglobalist.com/russia-mig ... ia-mexico/

Number of Russians living abroad and number of foreign-born residents in Russia are about the same, and both are quite significant. 10 million Russians abroad, based on recent Presidential elections 85%, or 8,5 million of them must be Putin trolls. :D :D :D :D

That doesn't support your theory, you said specifically America or Canada. Not ex-USSR countries, but two western countries. I asked you to collaborate that with numbers and apparently you can't, so it is just another nice story and it is not true.

alfa164

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:06 pm

anrec80 wrote:

...and every one of those Putin trolls seems to have fund his/her/its way to A.net....

I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Scipio

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:19 am

Rather than changing the Constitution of the Russian Federation to stay in his current position beyond 2024, Putin may seek a union between Russia and Belarus to create a new position for himself as President of this union.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... th-belarus

Such a union could be, of course, the starting point for a new Russian Empire to which other countries could be added later (voluntarily or, more likely, not entirely voluntarily).

Dutchy

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:50 am

interesting, those fake states could join, annexation all but in name.

tu204

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:16 am

Looking back at this thread gives me one thought...

Those who are criticizing the Soviet Operation in Afghanistan as something ghastly are not at the same time criticizing the US occupation of Afghanistan...I had some spare time and did some reading.

Guyss legally you have no right to be in Afghanistan. All the bullshit in Guantanamo is...well...bullshit. How can they be prosecuted when you guys invaded them? They had every right to defend themselves and attack any of their invaders.

Isn't that right? Specifically directed question at those that are talking about bombing the bridge to Crimea...
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

KICT
Topic Author

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 am

tu204 wrote:

Those who are criticizing the Soviet Operation in Afghanistan as something ghastly are not at the same time criticizing the US occupation of Afghanistan...I had some spare time and did some reading.

Guyss legally you have no right to be in Afghanistan. All the bullshit in Guantanamo is...well...bullshit. How can they be prosecuted when you guys invaded them? They had every right to defend themselves and attack any of their invaders.

Isn't that right? Specifically directed question at those that are talking about bombing the bridge to Crimea...

You are on a roll tonight with your propaganda.
The U.S. presence in Afghanistan is not illegal.
The Bilateral Security Agreement of 2014 between the US and Afghanistan establishes the legal basis for the continued presence of forces and equipment.
Thank you next.

This quote is particularly obscene, and seems to suggest you sympathize with the Taliban who aided Osama bin Laden on 9/11: "They had every right to defend themselves and attack any of their invaders."
The moderators should take action against your account as your continued presence on this forum is offensive given these comments.
People are saying. Believe me.

anrec80

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Which are these “fake states”? Are these Russia and Belarus? Well - they are recognized by everyone, have embassies all over the world and are the UN members. They certainly aren’t failed or “nominally existing” states, unlike many of their neighbors.

If they decide to form a union, or Belarus wants to join Russia - it is their business. They have full rights to do so. But it doesn’t look like it will happen any time soon.

Dutchy

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:15 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Which are these “fake states”? Are these Russia and Belarus? Well - they are recognized by everyone, have embassies all over the world and are the UN members. They certainly aren’t failed or “nominally existing” states, unlike many of their neighbors.

If they decide to form a union, or Belarus wants to join Russia - it is their business. They have full rights to do so. But it doesn’t look like it will happen any time soon.

:lol: No, Russia and Belarus aren't fake states, but there are some that Russia created, and you know who they are :wave:

anrec80

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 pm

KICT wrote:
The Bilateral Security Agreement of 2014 between the US and Afghanistan establishes the legal basis for the continued presence of forces and equipment.
Thank you next.

This quote is particularly obscene, and seems to suggest you sympathize with the Taliban who aided Osama bin Laden on 9/11: "They had every right to defend themselves and attack any of their invaders."
The moderators should take action against your account as your continued presence on this forum is offensive given these comments.

What about before 2014 - what were those grounds? Yeah, you can claim Osama Bin Ladin hunt, but where was he and where was he found eventually?

anrec80

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
:lol: No, Russia and Belarus aren't fake states, but there are some that Russia created, and you know who they are :wave:

There aren’t any states that Russia created. The ones you are talking about are regions, whose residents have certain interests and desires. Yes, those territories have most, if not all, attributes of a real statehood, but this was not set up or inspired by Russia early on. Georgian ones were the result of Saakashvili’s actions, and that is acknowledged by everyone including EU. Ukrainian ones are created by Kiev regime’s warfare against citizens of those regions originally. Nothing else.

Dutchy

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... ution_1368

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... ution_1373

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... ution_1377

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... ution_1386

Etc. United Nation Security Council resolutions, which formed the basis for that. Your president Putin agreed to those resolutions, are you questioning his wisdom in this?

Dutchy

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

There aren’t any states that Russia created. The ones you are talking about are regions, whose residents have certain interests and desires. Yes, those territories have most, if not all, attributes of a real statehood, but this was not set up or inspired by Russia early on. Georgian ones were the result of Saakashvili’s actions, and that is acknowledged by everyone including EU. Ukrainian ones are created by Kiev regime’s warfare against citizens of those regions originally. Nothing else.

Sure, we all know why you say this.....

anrec80

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:41 am

Dutchy wrote:

I say that because it's the reality.

KICT
Topic Author

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:07 am

tu204 wrote:
I've been on this forum for over 12 years:

I doubt account security on this website is much of a priority.
People are saying. Believe me.

Braybuddy

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 am

Let Putin stay as long as he wants. Maybe eventually the penny will drop with the Russian people:
https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/pes ... p-ed-64144

Dutchy

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:32 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I say that because it's the reality.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

anrec80

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Let Putin stay as long as he wants. Maybe eventually the penny will drop with the Russian people:
https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/pes ... p-ed-64144

Putin will stay not as long as he wants, but in accordance with the Constitution of Russian Federation, and the will of Russian citizens expressed in elections. Just as it has been happening for the past 27 years.

Braybuddy

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:19 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Putin will stay not as long as he wants, but in accordance with the Constitution of Russian Federation, and the will of Russian citizens expressed in elections. Just as it has been happening for the past 27 years.

So he's not thinking of changing the constitution, as per the subject of this thread?

anrec80

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
So he's not thinking of changing the constitution, as per the subject of this thread?

So far - nothing shows that the constitution is changing. And - he mentioned himself quite a few times he doesn’t want to be there for life.

tu204

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:33 pm

KICT wrote:
tu204 wrote:

You are on a roll tonight with your propaganda.
Thank you next.

Offend you, did I? For having an opinion other than one presented by your propaganda?
So first of all, you guys invaded the wrong country in response to 9/11...well you at least should have also invaded another country if you wanted to punish those responsible, and not just boost a certain president's ratings and make a lot of money for some groups of people in your country, ammounts that make Russian oligarchs red with envy.

Secondly, you guys invaded a country, occupied it, killed thousands, then installed your guys with whom you legalized your guys being there. Nice, looks very nice and legal. :roll:

Well Afghanistan isn't the best example, I kinda agrer because you can link them to 9/11. How about we use Iraq as an example than? Do you agree that US forces were and are fair game?
Back in the 1940's when a certain country illegally invaded and occupied France, there was a resistance that are now hailed for covertly fighting the occupying army. :stirthepot:
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

DGVT

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:52 am

Maybe tu204 and co can tune in and tell me how why Putin is so great when real disposable income has been stagnant or falling since 2014. In my opinion Russians either seem to care more about nationalism or other non-monetary things, or they have no hope that others can do better.

anrec80

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:07 am

DGVT wrote:
Maybe tu204 and co can tune in and tell me how why Putin is so great when real disposable income has been stagnant or falling since 2014. In my opinion Russians either seem to care more about nationalism or other non-monetary things, or they have no hope that others can do better.

They also care that there are no bombs dropping on their heads, unlike the less fortunate Ukrainian neighbors. And they don't have to live 6 months in a year elsewhere, doing any job to just earn basic living, unlike much (if not most) of Eastern Europe. This is something to be valued. Speaking of income - where is it increasing lately? And where in the West there is a well-off and burgeoning middle class?

Braybuddy

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:34 am

anrec80 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
So far - nothing shows that the constitution is changing. And - he mentioned himself quite a few times he doesn’t want to be there for life.

We'll see. Autocrats tend to hang on, not least for the simple reason that any successive regime would easily expose their criminality.

tu204

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:16 pm

DGVT wrote:

I can't speak for others, I can only speak for myself.

In my other home country of Canada there haven't been any noticeable improvements in their income or quality of life in a while and while income in Russia is stagnant, there are plenty of infrastructural development projects and other improvements in Russia that I am happy about.

Plus I can understand that things could be far far worse.