smallvoyageur
Topic Author
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:41 am

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... rs-younger

Considering I look 24 instead of 34, can I have a cut?
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:27 pm

How ridiculous. I saw an article on this on the BBC. He claims that he should be able to go ahead with this stupid idea seeing as people can legally change gender. Well, surgery can give someone the resemblance of the opposite gender but how on Earth can you just erase 20 years of your history?

Would this render all of his school qualifications void? Because technically, they wouod have been obtained before he was born.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Ok, first of all, this man is a village idiot, so do not pay to much attention to him. Secondly, he will never get his legal age changed. Third is it quite ridiculous.

I think he does this to get attention from the media and it worked.

BTW, he looks 70, so what is the basis for his complaint?

Image
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:
BTW, he looks 70, so what is the basis for his complaint?


I agree, but here's an extract from the BBC article...

BBC wrote:
Mr Ratelband further argued that according to his doctors he has the body of a 45-year-old, and described himself as a "young god".


:lol:
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3606
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:11 pm

He is a well known motivational speaker in the Netherlands, best known for not having all his ducks in a row. He's the national equivalent to the village idiot.
Attamottamotta!
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:29 pm

smallvoyageur wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/08/dutch-man-69-starts-legal-fight-to-identify-as-20-years-younger

Considering I look 24 instead of 34, can I have a cut?


What a dumb dumb. They’ll take his pension from him for being too young.
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3336
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 pm

He's trolling everyone. Probably being paid by a conservative, anti-TransGender group or similar.
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG
 
User avatar
falstaff
Posts: 5698
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:05 pm

He's trolling for sure, but I don't think he's really off base. I have sat through sensitivity trainimg for my employer that stated that gender and sexuality aren't the same thing. People who claim to be a different gender than that they were "assigned" change genders based on the way they feel. I have a former colleague who changed his gender to be a female because he said he felt he was really a woman. If one believes that argument is valid then why should age be any different? All the time I hear people say "age is just a number" and "you're only as old as you feel". People do all kinds of things to make themselves look younger than they are. Long before gender reassignment became relatively common, people were getting face lifts and tummy tucks. Many men and women with gray hair dye their hair to its original color in an effort to look younger. You see ads on TV promoting "age defying" makeup. Long before most people ever heard of people changing gender they have been trying to pass themselves off as younger. It's not uncommon for woman to not tell you how old they are. I am in a relationship with woman who is 18 years older than me. We went out on several dates before she would tell me how old she was. I knew she was older than me, but we have A LOT in common. She looks really good for 60 (I know 40 year olds who aren't as good looking) so in my mind age really is just a number at least when it comes to this relationship.

zkojq wrote:
Probably being paid by a conservative, anti-TransGender group or similar.

I am sure he is. A lot of test cases in the US are people who are backed by specific groups and are picked for political reasons. Even way back when Rosa Parks sat in the front of the bus it was a set up. She was picked specifically by the NAACP (she worked for them) because she was of impeccable moral character. A teenage girl, named Claudette Colvin did the same thing as Parks, nine month earlier. NAACP leaders believed she had become pregnant by a married man and therefore she wasn't somebody they wanted to promote the cause.

In more recent times the NRA backed a case in Chicago that got the hand gun ban in that city tossed out. The test case plaintiff was chosen carefully; an elderly black man who was a combat veteran.

DL717 wrote:
They’ll take his pension from him for being too young.

If he win his case they should take away his pension. He can get it back when he reaches the correct age again.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:13 pm

falstaff wrote:
zkojq wrote:
Probably being paid by a conservative, anti-TransGender group or similar.

I am sure he is. A lot of test cases in the US are people who are backed by specific groups and are picked for political reasons. Even way back when Rosa Parks sat in the front of the bus it was a set up. She was picked specifically by the NAACP (she worked for them) because she was of impeccable moral character. A teenage girl, named Claudette Colvin did the same thing as Parks, nine month earlier. NAACP leaders believed she had become pregnant by a married man and therefore she wasn't somebody they wanted to promote the cause.

In more recent times the NRA backed a case in Chicago that got the hand gun ban in that city tossed out. The test case plaintiff was chosen carefully; an elderly black man who was a combat veteran.


I am sure he is not. Not the whole world is like the US ;)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
P1aneMad
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Why not?
If someone who is biologically a man can identify legally as a woman because he/she/whatever "feels" like it then a man who biologically is 54 years old can also legally identify as a 34 year old if that's how old he "feels" .
I would also like to be legally recognized as a 67 year old and start collecting my pension.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
Why not?
If someone who is biologically a man can identify legally as a woman because he/she/whatever "feels" like it then a man who biologically is 54 years old can also legally identify as a 34 year old if that's how old he "feels" .
I would also like to be legally recognized as a 67 year old and start collecting my pension.



Sure, or a 16 y/o feels like an 18y/o and is allowed to vote/drive a car/drink alcohol and all the other obligations and benefits to be an adult.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3606
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 pm

zkojq wrote:
He's trolling everyone. Probably being paid by a conservative, anti-TransGender group or similar.

Probably not. With all due respect, Dutch politics is a bit more mature then USA politics. We don’t really give a toss about the whole LGBTQ discussion.
Attamottamotta!
 
P1aneMad
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:
P1aneMad wrote:
Why not?
If someone who is biologically a man can identify legally as a woman because he/she/whatever "feels" like it then a man who biologically is 54 years old can also legally identify as a 34 year old if that's how old he "feels" .
I would also like to be legally recognized as a 67 year old and start collecting my pension.



Sure, or a 16 y/o feels like an 18y/o and is allowed to vote/drive a car/drink alcohol and all the other obligations and benefits to be an adult.

Exactly, What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Also if someone who is 1,6 meters tall "feels" like he/ she is 2,05 meters who are we to tell him otherwise.
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 2764
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Haha, predicted these things would come once Pandora's box of 2+2=whatever-you-want is opened.

Why not, right? If he feels 49, let him be 49. I mean, just being consistent. Who are we to judge on what he feels?
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 pm

He may be trolling, but then there are some people like a current a.net user who actually wants to change their birth date from 1989 to 1987, all because of something to do with the Airbus A320 (I lost track of the ridiculous reasoning).

Takes all sorts I suppose.
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:02 pm

I was reading the article and saw this part:
The public prosecutor in the court asked whether the ability to change a date of birth in the law would require health inspections in the future, to allow the state to correctly judge someone’s “emotional age”.

Maybe a certain golfer can change his age to 12 or 10 or 7, base on his "emotional age" :duck:
 
User avatar
Braybuddy
Posts: 6426
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 pm

Kind of defeats the purpose going to court: everyone, and not just in The Netherlands, knows his real age now :rotfl:
 
NoTime
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:12 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Haha, predicted these things would come once Pandora's box of 2+2=whatever-you-want is opened.

Why not, right? If he feels 49, let him be 49. I mean, just being consistent. Who are we to judge on what he feels?


This, exactly.

If we're willing to ignore what science tells us about things like being male or female, then why would we care about age? If he identifies as someone much younger, how is that different than if he identified as someone with two X chromosomes?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 16072
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:16 pm

I appreciate it's difficult for conservatives to grasp these principles, but gender identification is a different case completely. If desired, surgery can assist in reidentification.

Nothing can change your date of birth. If he feels that strongly about it, lie about his age (plenty do). But the date on his birth certificate will not change.

I've just decided to identify as five years older so I can claim my state pension. See how stupid that is?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 11662
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:26 pm

scbriml wrote:
I appreciate it's difficult for conservatives to grasp these principles, but gender identification is a different case completely. If desired, surgery can assist in reidentification.

Nothing can change your date of birth. If he feels that strongly about it, lie about his age (plenty do). But the date on his birth certificate will not change.

I've just decided to identify as five years older so I can claim my state pension. See how stupid that is?


That’s the problem society should never have allowed people to remove healthy functional body parts and replace them with useless ones. It's absolutely nuts and as I did above it’s opened a Pandora’s box for all the lunatics to join in.
 
salttee
Posts: 2761
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:29 pm

@Kiwirob
It's opened a Pandora’s box for lunatics, but in a different way than you think.
Last edited by salttee on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8389
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:31 pm

It is interesting reading the sour grapes post that try to make what they pretend is a defining and strong argument but is instead just as weak as the lawsuit to change ones age is in the first place.

Of course this will be settled in court and that will be the definite answer. Though with advances in medical science, I would not be surprised if someday we are actually able to change our age. But we can't do that yet.

Time will tell. (Pun intended)

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1759
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:06 pm

petertenthije wrote:
zkojq wrote:
He's trolling everyone. Probably being paid by a conservative, anti-TransGender group or similar.

Probably not. With all due respect, Dutch politics is a bit more mature then USA politics. We don’t really give a toss about the whole LGBTQ discussion.


I’d hardly call Geert Wilders ‘mature’.
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1759
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
scbriml wrote:
I appreciate it's difficult for conservatives to grasp these principles, but gender identification is a different case completely. If desired, surgery can assist in reidentification.

Nothing can change your date of birth. If he feels that strongly about it, lie about his age (plenty do). But the date on his birth certificate will not change.

I've just decided to identify as five years older so I can claim my state pension. See how stupid that is?


That’s the problem society should never have allowed people to remove healthy functional body parts and replace them with useless ones. It's absolutely nuts and as I did above it’s opened a Pandora’s box for all the lunatics to join in.


Why do you get your hair cut then? That’s a functioning body part. Piercings? Circumcision? Hand and toe nails?

Your argument falls flat on its face, as always when you post such drivel.
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 6090
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:25 pm

If he can shave 20 years off his age, so can I! I'd love to be 6 years old again!
You know all is right is the world when the only thing people worry about is if the president had sex with a pornstar.


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
bhill
Posts: 1572
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:28 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Fine, then he will no longer be eligible for ANY age related benefits. And pay back the benefits he has already received.
Carpe Pices
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:55 pm

bgm wrote:
petertenthije wrote:
zkojq wrote:
He's trolling everyone. Probably being paid by a conservative, anti-TransGender group or similar.

Probably not. With all due respect, Dutch politics is a bit more mature then USA politics. We don’t really give a toss about the whole LGBTQ discussion.


I’d hardly call Geert Wilders ‘mature’.


I agree and Wilders is hardly a big force in Dutch politics.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Just an "Aandachtrekker".
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3606
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:42 pm

bgm wrote:
petertenthije wrote:
zkojq wrote:
He's trolling everyone. Probably being paid by a conservative, anti-TransGender group or similar.

Probably not. With all due respect, Dutch politics is a bit more mature then USA politics. We don’t really give a toss about the whole LGBTQ discussion.


I’d hardly call Geert Wilders ‘mature’.

LOL, point well taken.
Attamottamotta!
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:11 pm

I think we should let him do what he wants. As soon as someone sees he's crazy he will be rightly ignored and shunned. It will solve itself
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16769
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Berevoff wrote:
I think we should let him do what he wants. As soon as someone sees he's crazy he will be rightly ignored and shunned. It will solve itself

Well...in normal circumstances, yes. In the US, this guy will become a thought leader to the right to undermine LGBT rights, as you can already see in this thread.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:19 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Berevoff wrote:
I think we should let him do what he wants. As soon as someone sees he's crazy he will be rightly ignored and shunned. It will solve itself

Well...in normal circumstances, yes. In the US, this guy will become a thought leader to the right to undermine LGBT rights, as you can already see in this thread.


you are taking the bait to easily dont give them the time of day.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16769
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Berevoff wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Berevoff wrote:
I think we should let him do what he wants. As soon as someone sees he's crazy he will be rightly ignored and shunned. It will solve itself

Well...in normal circumstances, yes. In the US, this guy will become a thought leader to the right to undermine LGBT rights, as you can already see in this thread.


you are taking the bait to easily dont give them the time of day.

We don't really have a choice. We have a party who hates the transgender community because of some nonsensical fear of 'men in wigs going into the girls bathroom', led by a leader who has a history of walking in on underage girls regularly. And it only gets worse from there...
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
Flighty
Posts: 9723
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:29 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
Why not?
If someone who is biologically a man can identify legally as a woman because he/she/whatever "feels" like it then a man who biologically is 54 years old can also legally identify as a 34 year old if that's how old he "feels" .
I would also like to be legally recognized as a 67 year old and start collecting my pension.


This is my take too. I think one has a born-with identity, but if we allow people to fully control their own identity, then of course, age, citizenship, military rank, gender, ethnicity, license to fly a plane are all just a matter of opinion and discourse.
 
Jalap
Posts: 448
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:25 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:27 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
Why not?
If someone who is biologically a man can identify legally as a woman because he/she/whatever "feels" like it then a man who biologically is 54 years old can also legally identify as a 34 year old if that's how old he "feels" .

It's disrespectfull towards transgenders to compare a state of mind (feeling younger/older than you actually are) with the intense belief transgenders have (usually from very early age) of having the wrong gender. I'm absolutely no expert on the matter, nor am I a psychiatrist. But there seems to be more the enough scientific foundation to grant those people the right to officially change their gender.

As for feeling younger than you actually are, well, good on you, I would say.
Yes perhaps one can hold argumenentation against certain discriminations that come with age. Like forced retirement.

If one day medicine is available that halts or even reverses negative effects of increasing age, then we'll have to look at the term "age" in a different way. But it would be madness to not define a persons age as the number of circulations of the Earth around the Sun starting at the person's birth. Age is nothing but a number. Gender is far more complicated, even though it's easy to have a simplistic view on it.
 
User avatar
notaxonrotax
Posts: 1262
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:12 am

bgm wrote:

I’d hardly call Geert Wilders ‘mature’.


He's the leader of one party.
Unlike the USA, the Netherlands has many parties.
Nice job of singling out one example to make a false point.
Is the system perfect? No!
But yes...it is more mature, with people from different political spectrums working together; and a lot less name calling.

The "age-guy" in question is a well known lunatic who needs his name in the papers just like you need oxygen.

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 pm

NoTime wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
Haha, predicted these things would come once Pandora's box of 2+2=whatever-you-want is opened.

Why not, right? If he feels 49, let him be 49. I mean, just being consistent. Who are we to judge on what he feels?


This, exactly.

If we're willing to ignore what science tells us about things like being male or female, then why would we care about age? If he identifies as someone much younger, how is that different than if he identified as someone with two X chromosomes?

This was exactly the response the man wanted everyone to have.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16769
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:14 pm

stl07 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
Haha, predicted these things would come once Pandora's box of 2+2=whatever-you-want is opened.

Why not, right? If he feels 49, let him be 49. I mean, just being consistent. Who are we to judge on what he feels?


This, exactly.

If we're willing to ignore what science tells us about things like being male or female, then why would we care about age? If he identifies as someone much younger, how is that different than if he identified as someone with two X chromosomes?

This was exactly the response the man wanted everyone to have.

:checkmark: Yep. Fig leaf of science, with zero understanding of said science. Never mind the actual details--just run with it. It's like the brain trust at the NRA telling doctors about bullet wounds...
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
c933103
Posts: 2836
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 am

The article say the person feel like he's being discriminated against because of his publication of his age in websites. With reason being physical age of body according to doctor, and also making a comparison to transgendered persons.

For being discriminated against by others based on age, that's actually illegal and should be resolved based on lawsuit instead. There are numerous other legal requirements that have age specifications (both upper or lower limits), like voting or drinking or driving or sexual behavior or to be a pilot. These legal requirements can be replaced with various other more accurate measurements that measure different parts of body capabilities directly when cost and efficiency can be guaranteed. However, without that, since various age requirements are actually representing different things that correlate with age in different ways, like physical or mental capability, it's difficult to reassign age based on a single factor that doesn't represent everything.

As for "body function like 45 years old", I believe that represent the body function being comparable to 45 years old but not the actual status of the body and there's no guarantee that after 20 years his body would be more like 65 than 89.

And then for comparison with transgendered individual, I don't understand why would the comparison be made because the argument being used is wholly different.
 
NoTime
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Yep. Fig leaf of science, with zero understanding of said science. Never mind the actual details--just run with it.


The funny aspect of this whole thing is that no one can tell if you're talking about this guy wanting to change his age on a whim or the broader issue of changing genders on a whim. They're both ridiculous.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16769
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:50 pm

NoTime wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Yep. Fig leaf of science, with zero understanding of said science. Never mind the actual details--just run with it.


The funny aspect of this whole thing is that no one can tell if you're talking about this guy wanting to change his age on a whim or the broader issue of changing genders on a whim. They're both ridiculous.

I think anyone with a brain can tell that years and years of psychiatry, hormone therapy, and invasive surgery, all in the face of institutionalized bigotry and outright stupidity from the president on down is not a "whim". :roll:
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
NoTime
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Yep. Fig leaf of science, with zero understanding of said science. Never mind the actual details--just run with it.


The funny aspect of this whole thing is that no one can tell if you're talking about this guy wanting to change his age on a whim or the broader issue of changing genders on a whim. They're both ridiculous.

I think anyone with a brain can tell that years and years of psychiatry, hormone therapy, and invasive surgery, all in the face of institutionalized bigotry and outright stupidity from the president on down is not a "whim". :roll:


Oh, I see, so if this guy goes through "years of psychiatry, hormone therapy, and invasive surgery" too, then in your eyes he can magically be 30 years old again? Hell, maybe even 20 years old. Even in the face of "bigotry and outright stupidity" of some people on this forum...?
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Ok, first of all, this man is a village idiot, so do not pay to much attention to him. Secondly, he will never get his legal age changed. Third is it quite ridiculous.

I think he does this to get attention from the media and it worked.

BTW, he looks 70, so what is the basis for his complaint?

Image


I actually think he looks pretty good for 69. Call me crazy.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:23 pm

DL717 wrote:
smallvoyageur wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/08/dutch-man-69-starts-legal-fight-to-identify-as-20-years-younger

Considering I look 24 instead of 34, can I have a cut?


What a dumb dumb. They’ll take his pension from him for being too young.


Apparently, he says he’s fine with that.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:29 pm

bgm wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
scbriml wrote:
I appreciate it's difficult for conservatives to grasp these principles, but gender identification is a different case completely. If desired, surgery can assist in reidentification.

Nothing can change your date of birth. If he feels that strongly about it, lie about his age (plenty do). But the date on his birth certificate will not change.

I've just decided to identify as five years older so I can claim my state pension. See how stupid that is?


That’s the problem society should never have allowed people to remove healthy functional body parts and replace them with useless ones. It's absolutely nuts and as I did above it’s opened a Pandora’s box for all the lunatics to join in.


Why do you get your hair cut then? That’s a functioning body part. Piercings? Circumcision? Hand and toe nails?

Your argument falls flat on its face, as always when you post such drivel.


He’s made up his mind about transgender people and isn’t willing to budge regardless of what research is currently finding.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 324
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:36 pm

When someone brings up the trans issue, they always single out male to female individuals. Female to male doesn’t seem nearly as controversial. Effeminacy in men is still hard for some people to swallow. I’ve never once heard someone complaining about a female identifying as male using the men’s bathroom.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16769
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:10 pm

NoTime wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

The funny aspect of this whole thing is that no one can tell if you're talking about this guy wanting to change his age on a whim or the broader issue of changing genders on a whim. They're both ridiculous.

I think anyone with a brain can tell that years and years of psychiatry, hormone therapy, and invasive surgery, all in the face of institutionalized bigotry and outright stupidity from the president on down is not a "whim". :roll:


Oh, I see, so if this guy goes through "years of psychiatry, hormone therapy, and invasive surgery" too, then in your eyes he can magically be 30 years old again? Hell, maybe even 20 years old. Even in the face of "bigotry and outright stupidity" of some people on this forum...?

You're really nailin' the stupidity. :checkmark: When there is any medical support for a fountain of youth, you may have a point.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
L410Turbolet
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:12 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:10 pm

scbriml wrote:
I've just decided to identify as five years older so I can claim my state pension. See how stupid that is?

One school in Ipswich would tell you quite graphically how stupid it is to have a 30-year old as a pupil in
class intended for 14-year olds.
How stupid is it to have transgender "(wo)man" competing with women?
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/transgender-w ... -1.4863381
 
NoTime
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:41 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
I think anyone with a brain can tell that years and years of psychiatry, hormone therapy, and invasive surgery, all in the face of institutionalized bigotry and outright stupidity from the president on down is not a "whim". :roll:


Oh, I see, so if this guy goes through "years of psychiatry, hormone therapy, and invasive surgery" too, then in your eyes he can magically be 30 years old again? Hell, maybe even 20 years old. Even in the face of "bigotry and outright stupidity" of some people on this forum...?

You're really nailin' the stupidity. :checkmark: When there is any medical support for a fountain of youth, you may have a point.


Ouch, you got me with that one. I mean, there's all kinds of medical support for changing your chromosomes isn't there?

Oh, wait... what? There isn't? Huh... I guess that "stupidity" comment is a bit ironic now, coming from you.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16769
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:52 am

NoTime wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Oh, I see, so if this guy goes through "years of psychiatry, hormone therapy, and invasive surgery" too, then in your eyes he can magically be 30 years old again? Hell, maybe even 20 years old. Even in the face of "bigotry and outright stupidity" of some people on this forum...?

You're really nailin' the stupidity. :checkmark: When there is any medical support for a fountain of youth, you may have a point.


Ouch, you got me with that one. I mean, there's all kinds of medical support for changing your chromosomes isn't there?

Why would there be any? That’s never been anyone’s claim. Try again :roll:
E pur si muove -Galileo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2122M, 910A, af773atmsp, johnboy, Richard28, SQ948, tommy1808 and 19 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos