aviationaware
Topic Author

CNN's Jim Acosta's Press Credentials Revoked

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:12 am

Finally. Long overdue, the White House has shown far too much patience with this horrible guy.

Jim Acosta has repeatedly shown that he is not a reporter, but more of an activist and a professional heckler. He has routinely spoken out of turn at pressers and refused to give up the mic on several occasions, not just today. He was far too involved in his resistance stance to be a reporter on the White House press pool.

It culminated today in him literally karate chopping a female WH intern who tried to take the mic from him after he refused to heed the President's call to give it up. As always, he had been trying to hijack the press conference by asking an endless slew of questions and deny other reporters the opportunity to ask theirs.

Now, I think it was wholly appropriate to use this incident as cause. But even if you don't think his getting physical was inappropriate, one can't argue that this wasn't sweet revenge for what the media did to poor Corey Lewandowski in the fake Michelle Fields incident. We got the last laugh.

I just hope that this will be made permanent. So far it's only "until further notice".

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... nns-acosta

zkojq

Re: CNN's Jim Acosta's Press Credentials Revoked

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 am

I hate people who hold the powerful to account.
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG

alfa164

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:44 am

aviationaware wrote:
Jim Acosta has repeatedly shown that he is not a reporter, but more of an activist and a professional heckler.

Donald Trump has repeatedly shown he is not a president, but a narcissistic buffoon who cannot stand it when the press calls him out for his antics.

There; I fixed it for you.

zkojq wrote:

It is incomprehensible that all the members of the press do not bow and genuflect to the almighty lord of Trump Tower.

For shame!

moo

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 am

Once again the reality of the encounter doesn't match Trump supporters whinging outcry.

https://twitter.com/sarahburris/status/ ... 51937?s=21

The slowed down video of the incident clearly shows the White House staffer is the agressor in this incident, and Acosta is the defender. She has no right to attempt to forcibly take the mic off of him, and he has every right to prevent her - he didn't do anything violent, he merely stood his ground. If they didn't want him to talk they can turn the mic off, it's a radio mic after all. There was no need to attempt to assault him.

seahawk

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:49 am

aviationaware wrote:
Finally. Long overdue, the White House has shown far too much patience with this horrible guy.

Jim Acosta has repeatedly shown that he is not a reporter, but more of an activist and a professional heckler. He has routinely spoken out of turn at pressers and refused to give up the mic on several occasions, not just today. He was far too involved in his resistance stance to be a reporter on the White House press pool.

It culminated today in him literally karate chopping a female WH intern who tried to take the mic from him after he refused to heed the President's call to give it up. As always, he had been trying to hijack the press conference by asking an endless slew of questions and deny other reporters the opportunity to ask theirs.

Now, I think it was wholly appropriate to use this incident as cause. But even if you don't think his getting physical was inappropriate, one can't argue that this wasn't sweet revenge for what the media did to poor Corey Lewandowski in the fake Michelle Fields incident. We got the last laugh.

I just hope that this will be made permanent. So far it's only "until further notice".

What good does it if Fake News just sent another leftist agitator?

seb146

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:52 am

aviationaware wrote:

So you hate free speech. Good to know. You have ZERO right to whine when people tell you to shut up and all your whining when people disagree with you.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

mdsh00

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:53 am

I don't think that any Trump supporter should claim moral superiority when it's their dear leader who promotes and celebrates politicians that assault and body slam reporters for asking though questions.

And I'm not sure what tape you're looking at but that's not assault or a "karate chop." He was clearly trying to stop her from yanking his mic not to mention his polite "pardon me ma'aam."

aviationaware
Topic Author

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 am

seb146 wrote:
So you hate free speech.

Heckling and speaking out of turn at a press conference is not free speech. Complaining about being thrown out afterwards is, and nobody is taking that right from him.

Stop your hyperbolic panic mongering.

mdsh00 wrote:
And I'm not sure what tape you're looking at but that's not assault or a "karate chop." He was clearly trying to stop her from yanking his mic not to mention his polite "pardon me ma'aam."

If Corey Lewandowski hit Michelle Fields, Jim Acosta certainly manhandled the intern. It's really that easy.

seb146

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:47 am

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:
So you hate free speech.

Heckling and speaking out of turn at a press conference is not free speech. Complaining about being thrown out afterwards is, and nobody is taking that right from him.

When did Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, etc. EVERY DO THIS CRAP? EVER? WHO?

There is video, live video, undoctored video, that shows Acosta did not do what you and the orange man baby and the shills say he did. You are simply defending the hate and lies.

Stop your fear mongering and lying.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 am

zkojq wrote:

well... the fascist playbook has to be followed, can´t have free media.

Was it a mass shooting where President Trump said "few people will understand but this is good"? White Supremacists understood just fine how it was good....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

bennett123

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 am

Just watched the clip on the BBC website.

Calling that a karate chop is just laughable.

He barely made contact.

scbriml

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:46 am

#FakeNews

The whole press corps should boycott WH pressers. Trump tumbleweed.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

mdsh00

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 am

aviationaware wrote:
If Corey Lewandowski hit Michelle Fields, Jim Acosta certainly manhandled the intern. It's really that easy.

Delusion and hyperbole I see.

-Does Acosta have a tendency to grandstand? Arguably yes.
-Should he have continued asking questions? Probably not.
-Did he "karate chop" that intern? Absolutely not.
-Did the so-called "karate chop" warrant a dismissal? No way

Not sure why it's so hard to look at this objectively. Even Right Wing-darling Ben Shapiro tweeted that the "inappropriate touching" argument was a farce.

Olddog

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:33 am

That intern should be sacked. She tried to remove the micro from Acosta and went way beyond her role.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 am

scbriml wrote:
#FakeNews

If they can´t be at the presser, they can live fact check lying Trump and his merry man during the presser.

best regards
Thomas

bananaboy

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:59 am

What a world we're in where some can lose it over a reporter touching a woman's arm whilst in the same breath defend a man who would boast about grabbing a woman by her vagina.

Crazy.

Mark
All my life, I've been kissing, your top lip 'cause your bottom one's missing

ThomasCook

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:28 am

I can see that some may not like that Acosta keeps pushing and pushing for answers from Trump but those same people also need to understand that without people like Acosta, we will never get answers from Trump but instead, just hear his delusions of grandeur, his lies, his falsehoods, his versions of reality. Without pressers like this, you won’t get to see Trump for who he actually is.

At the same time though, regardless of how far pressers push, he will still never answer a question he doesn’t like and will only ever act up like this, dodge, deflect or completely change the topic.

The questions Acosta was asking are totally overshadowed now by Trump’s playing up and the removal of access. No focus whatsoever on the questions of immigration or Russia. I fear this is absolutely want Trump wants.

I understand that some love Trump and he delivers the things you may want but surely you can’t believe what he tells the world and surely it isn’t defendable to have a POTUS that consistently lies, divides his population and the world for that matter, sows hate, champions wrongdoers and pisses all over bipartisanship. Like Obama or not, I truly feel he brought the world together only for Trump to rip all that up.

Only last week, on the subject of birthrights, I couldn’t help but feel bad for those American citizens born in the US and granted citizenship who Trump has alienated and made to feel like they are now lesser than other citizens.

Brexit and Trump make for two massively sorry states of affairs. Two nations totally divided.

SQ789

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:34 am

Isn't he that crazy?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

SQ789

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:39 am

alfa164 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Jim Acosta has repeatedly shown that he is not a reporter, but more of an activist and a professional heckler.

Donald Trump has repeatedly shown he is not a president, but a narcissistic buffoon who cannot stand it when the press calls him out for his antics.

There; I fixed it for you.

zkojq wrote:

It is incomprehensible that all the members of the press do not bow and genuflect to the almighty lord of Trump Tower.

For shame!

That's the correct one, Trump is more worst than many presidents worldwide.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

BawliBooch

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:27 pm

aviationaware wrote:

Very true! There is a whole pseudo-liberal ecosystem that is hell bent on destroying the reputation of our Dear Leader Donald Trump, heckling him at every turn and preventing him from Making America Great Again.

If these pseudos cannot accept the reality of the new America that our Dear Leader Donald J Trump is creating, they should just move to Mexico or Canada. Hashtag #GoToCanada.

Is Jim Acosta a true American? His name certainly doesn't sound very American! Wont be surprised.
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle! on twitter @Banwaarilal

dtw2hyd

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:07 pm

It appears CNN wants to be part of the news, not just report news.

Knowing very well Trump won't respond to some questions nicely, pushing him in public was unnecessary.

Reps lost the House and Blue Tsunami didn't happen, both sides are feisty. Need some cooling off period.

BTW, CNN doesn't have a problem promoting falsehood where there are in bed with the government (or) out of eternal fear. CNN-News18 in India.

DL717

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

aviationaware wrote:

Yeah, this clown had it coming. They all think they’re journalists. Somewhere along the way, journalism was lost on these clowns in favor of tabloidism. Walter Cronkite would lose his shit with the people at CNN.
Last edited by DL717 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.

aviationaware
Topic Author

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
When did Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, etc. EVERY DO THIS CRAP? EVER? WHO?

Same answer as to the question when any of those were ever faced with a reporter behaving like Mr. Acosta did towards Mr. Trump and Ms. Huckabee Sanders.

einsteinboricua

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Knowing very well Trump won't respond to some questions nicely, pushing him in public was unnecessary.

How dare a journalist press the president to answer a legit question?! For such a tough guy, he seems to be a snowflake when it comes to the press.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

aviationaware
Topic Author

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:40 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

How dare a journalist press the president to answer a legit question?! For such a tough guy, he seems to be a snowflake when it comes to the press.

It's not about asking the President questions, it's also about being respectful to the other reporters. If he gets to ask a second question, they'll all want to. The President doesn't have unlimited time. He wants to give many reporters the chance to ask, not just a handful of high profile people who are newsmakers rather than reporters.

President Trump does not shy away from calling reporters to ask questions that he knows will be critical of him. You can tell by the fact that the next guy he called after Jim Acosta was Peter Alexander.
Unlike probably most people here, I watch all of the President's pressers in full. There is absolutely no way you can argue that he is starving out critical reporters. But he does give more obscure reporters, some of them foreign, the chance to ask questions as well. Just yesterday, he called a Japanese reporter without knowing where he came from. He could have been a Chinese reporter very critical of him for all that he knew. President Trump likes diversity during his pressers. That should be to your liberal tastes but of course it isn't, because Trump.

dtw2hyd

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:46 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

So, what do you think, Trump is going to crumble and say "You got me, Jim Acosta".

If you want Trump to spill beans, show up with Big Mac at 6 PM. Now SHS, Conway and the Intern will hit the news circuit. Last Night Conway was asking Fox News to put the Acosta touching intern clip in a loop.

zkojq

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:49 pm

mdsh00 wrote:
I don't think that any Trump supporter should claim moral superiority when it's their dear leader who promotes and celebrates politicians that assault and body slam reporters for asking though questions.

Indeed. Trump supporters complaining about a lack of civility is the biggest joke ever.

scbriml wrote:
#FakeNews

Isn't that what he wants?

aviationaware wrote:
It's not about asking the President questions, it's also about being respectful

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Trump supporters caring about "being respectful". What a time to be alive.
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG

alfa164

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
Is Jim Acosta a true American? His name certainly doesn't sound very American! Wont be surprised.

That's it! Trump doesn't like him because he is not from Norway!

:roll:

zkojq wrote:

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:
Last edited by alfa164 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:54 pm

zkojq wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

well, Trump lives with the delusion that people owe him respect and loyalty. The concept of having to earn both doesn´t compute.

Each an every person talking to Trump in public is orders of magnitude more respectful that what he has earned.

best regards
Thomas

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Trump ADM places people behind Trump that where his slogan and gets rid of people who don't smile and cheer at everything he says. . he also refuses to call on people, at press conferences if they ask him questions he doesn't like, he complains endless how the media hates him, because he doesn't like their questions,

aviationaware
Topic Author

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Trump ADM places people behind Trump that where his slogan and gets rid of people who don't smile and cheer at everything he says. . he also refuses to call on people, at press conferences if they ask him questions he doesn't like, he complains endless how the media hates him, because he doesn't like their questions,

Literally everything in that post was a lie.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 pm

how is it a lie?
Last edited by DLFREEBIRD on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:12 pm

The media is just doing their job, I wish the president would do his. Instead all he does is lie about everything, and get upset when the press calls him out. All the president is doing is causing chaos. 24/7.

i don't get it why people are still not seeing who he is.

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:42 pm

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Same answer as to the question when any of those were ever faced with a reporter behaving like Mr. Acosta did towards Mr. Trump and Ms. Huckabee Sanders.

Poor snowflakes can't handle questions. Sad! Always fun to see fat slob Sanders get caught lying about assault, while she works for a boss who is synonymous with sexual assault. The Huckabeast loves the Lordt but she doesn't love Him as much as she loves lying!

zkojq wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

It's one of the many signs that Trump induced Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease has taken over the brain. Right up there with being mad at the lamestream media for repeating the things Trump said verbatim.

DL717 wrote:
Yeah, this clown had it coming. They all think they’re journalists. Somewhere along the way, journalism was lost on these clowns in favor of tabloidism. Walter Cronkite would lose his shit with the people at CNN.

...as opposed to Hannity and Heil Ingraham riding Trump's toadstool at a rally? Give me a break.
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Dieuwer

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:52 pm

I vaguely remember an elderly lady reporter being asked to leave the pressroom years ago (and retire). Can't remember who she was and what the reason was. I think it was under Bush or Obama...

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
I vaguely remember an elderly lady reporter being asked to leave the pressroom years ago (and retire). Can't remember who she was and what the reason was. I think it was under Bush or Obama...

Probably Helen Thomas?
E pur si muove -Galileo

scbriml

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:04 pm

zkojq wrote:
Isn't that what he wants?

I don't think so because then there'd be nobody to report his endless peacocking.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

cpd

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:24 pm

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:
So you hate free speech.

mdsh00 wrote:

Being a politician at a press conference you have to deal with free speech, and aggressive questioning is that. It is needed sometimes to get the answer out of politicians who obfuscate and try to avoid answering the question.

aviationaware
Topic Author

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
how is it a lie?

People at Trump rallys are there voluntarily. many people can't get in. They cheer for him not because they are paid, but because they are enthusiastic. Also, President Trump frequently calls reporters that he knows will ask a critical question. Your statement that he does not call critical reporters is just false.

MaverickM11 wrote:
Poor snowflakes can't handle questions.

Acosta didn't ask a question yesterday. He made a political statement.

MaverickM11 wrote:
...as opposed to Hannity? Give me a break.

Sean Hannity is not a journalist and would never call himself one. He is a political commentator. That's a huge difference that unfortunately, liberal media does not make.
Last edited by aviationaware on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:37 pm

aviationaware wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
how is it a lie?

People at Trump rallys are there voluntarily. many people can't get in. They cheer for him not because they are paid, but because they are enthusiastic.

Where exactly did he say those people are there

a) involuntary and
b) that they where paid?

He said people behind Trump are swapped out if they dont seem sufficiently enthusiastic. If you don't know that, you either haven't seen a Trump ralley or you didn't give it much attention.

Best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:48 pm

aviationaware wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Which video did you see? He is asking a question when Trump predictably craps his pants.

aviationaware wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Sean Hannity is not a journalist and would never call himself one. He is a political commentator. That's a huge difference that unfortunately, liberal media does not make.

Oh I think the "liberal media" is quite clear that Fox News isn't news, and most of its "journalists"...aren't.
E pur si muove -Galileo

aviationaware
Topic Author

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Which video did you see? He is asking a question when Trump predictably craps his pants.

Direct quote:
"Mr. President, the caravan is not an invasion".

That was a political statement and was totally out of place from a reporter.

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:57 pm

aviationaware wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Direct quote:
"Mr. President, the caravan is not an invasion".

That was a political statement and was totally out of place from a reporter.

Oh Christ "the sky is blue" is a political statement now to Trumpanzees. Nonetheless *then* Acosta tried to ask a question and Trump decided "that's enough". By the way. Where is Trump's concern for the caravan on the day after the midterms? Asking for a friend.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:47 pm

aviationaware wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
how is it a lie?

People at Trump rallys are there voluntarily. many people can't get in. They cheer for him not because they are paid, but because they are enthusiastic. Also, President Trump frequently calls reporters that he knows will ask a critical question. Your statement that he does not call critical reporters is just false.

Those rallies are stacked in that they book small venues and the orange one tweets on and on about hundreds of thousands when the venue can only hold 5000.

I also would not be proud of being enthusiastic about racism and hate and violence.

aviationaware wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Which is what reporters do. They ask questions and sometimes need to give background in order to frame the question. Just because the orange man baby does not have the patience to listen to the opposition....

aviationaware wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

And, yet, way too many people actually believe Hannity is a journalist like Acosta. He is not. Fox is not news, Fox is not "fair and balanced". They just keep repeating that lie to fool some of the people all of the time, as the saying goes.

How many press conferences has the golfer in chief held? Republicans are losing their minds over this for all the wrong reasons. These same narrow minded racists were all too enthusiastic to do THE EXACT SAME THING when Obama was president and, guess what? HE NEVER REVOKED THEIR PRESS CREDENTIALS!!! Bush didn't. Clinton didn't. Reagan didn't. Carter didn't

I feel like I have said that before.

I get that snowflakes are all mad because how dare anyone oppose their god. Get over it. This is what you demanded be done to Obama. All this opposition. It is called free speech and freedom of the press. Sure it is rude. It was rude when it happened under Obama and Bush II and Clinton and Bush I, etc.

How about instead of being angry someone asked a hardball question to your leader, you be angry that your leader is so happy and quick to silence the press?

Dieuwer

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:57 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Probably Helen Thomas?

Right. So Jim Acosta = Helen Thomas 2.0?

MSPNWA

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Finally. If I treated a privilege with that much disrespect, I'd have been shown the door immediately. Acosta is a disgrace to journalism. He was not there to report and ask questions. He was there to make statements and to attack. In other words, he was there to selfishly hijack the proceedings.

casinterest

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:23 pm

It seems Sarah Sanders has joined the ranks with this fascist ploy to suppress free speech by someone willing to call out the lies.

They even doctored a video. Defending the white house on this one is not decent or good if you believe in a free press.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

lugie

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Sometimes people in western countries wonder about how autocrats get to do away with civil liberties and a free press - "wouldn't people be against it?"

Well, people like the OP are exactly how they manage to get away with that.

bananaboy wrote:
What a world we're in where some can lose it over a reporter touching a woman's arm whilst in the same breath defend a man who would boast about grabbing a woman by her vagina.

Crazy.

Mark

That's the American right in 2018 summed up quite nicely.
Q400 E175 CRJ9 CRJX A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B738 B764 B788
X3 LH 4U TP US YX SN EI FR LA YW IB CM UA DL 9E
FRA STR HAM TXL ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR SJO PTY

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 pm

casinterest wrote:
It seems Sarah Sanders has joined the ranks with this fascist ploy to suppress free speech by someone willing to call out the lies.

They even doctored a video. Defending the white house on this one is not decent or good if you believe in a free press.

From Inforwars no less... 'cuz respect or something

lugie wrote:
Sometimes people in western countries wonder about how autocrats get to do away with civil liberties and a free press - "wouldn't people be against it?"

Well, people like the OP are exactly how they manage to get away with that.

bananaboy wrote:

Crazy.

Mark

That's the American right in 2018 summed up quite nicely.

That and a dead republican brothel owner winning a Nevada state election
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 pm

aviationaware wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

It's not about asking the President questions, it's also about being respectful to the other reporters. If he gets to ask a second question, they'll all want to. The President doesn't have unlimited time. He wants to give many reporters the chance to ask, not just a handful of high profile people who are newsmakers rather than reporters.

President Trump does not shy away from calling reporters to ask questions that he knows will be critical of him. You can tell by the fact that the next guy he called after Jim Acosta was Peter Alexander.
Unlike probably most people here, I watch all of the President's pressers in full. There is absolutely no way you can argue that he is starving out critical reporters. But he does give more obscure reporters, some of them foreign, the chance to ask questions as well. Just yesterday, he called a Japanese reporter without knowing where he came from. He could have been a Chinese reporter very critical of him for all that he knew. President Trump likes diversity during his pressers. That should be to your liberal tastes but of course it isn't, because Trump.

The current occupant of the White House has held fewer than a dozen press conferences in two years.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... onferences

Compare that to other presidents. Republicans are freaking out over the most secretive administration ever and complaining that reporters are asking questions the few times they get to see his majesty.

Acosta was asking about the migrant caravan in Mexico that no one cares about anymore. Acosta also tries to ask about the Russia investigation. The orange man tells lies and lies and talks down and condescends to reporters. He does not want to answer tough questions. Period. Watch the exchange. Typical "I am better than you" and "shut up" from him while Acosta is trying to do his job. Shameful, really. This is not how a president should conduct himself. Why he has any support is beyond me.