Airstud
Topic Author
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:43 pm

So why did we elect a ugly governor?
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:52 pm

...to give shallow people something to kvetch about?
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 21135
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Airstud lives there, I think he brings the average up.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
nwadeicer
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:17 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:57 am

So, what in thee fffuckkk does someone’s look have absolutely anyphucking thing to do with their job?
Why, again, are you an “air” “stud”? Do you think you’re hot and like having sex in the air? Please don’t tell me you think you are all that. Your not that pretentious cochsucher are you? Seriously, why do you call yourself an “airstud”.
I miss the Red Tail
 
seb146
Posts: 18275
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:46 am

Beauty is subjective. I don't think the people of MN are any more good looking than many other states. UT and CA, for example, I think have better looking people.

Part of what politicians do is based on looks. Youthful, thin, subjectively good looking.... Ask Doc about California's governor elect LOL
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Airstud
Topic Author
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:10 am

seb146 wrote:
Beauty is subjective. I don't think the people of MN are any more good looking than many other states. UT and CA, for example, I think have better looking people.

Part of what politicians do is based on looks. Youthful, thin, subjectively good looking.... Ask Doc about California's governor elect LOL


Governor elect schmovernor elect; Newsom is gross. I voted against him when he ran for Mayor of San Francisco.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
seb146
Posts: 18275
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 am

Airstud wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Beauty is subjective. I don't think the people of MN are any more good looking than many other states. UT and CA, for example, I think have better looking people.

Part of what politicians do is based on looks. Youthful, thin, subjectively good looking.... Ask Doc about California's governor elect LOL


Governor elect schmovernor elect; Newsom is gross. I voted against him when he ran for Mayor of San Francisco.


Newsom is good looking. Not my cup of tea but he is good looking. The governor elect of MN is a daddy type. Again, not my cup of tea, but I get it.

Oregon just defeated one of those. Knute Bueler reminds me of my second boyfriend. One of those "I can't believe we did what we did last night!" the morning after splitting a fifth of Cuervo five or six times. I get it.

This is going off on a tangent. Doc, feel free to jump in! :)
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:59 pm

nwadeicer wrote:
So, what in thee fffuckkk does someone’s look have absolutely anyphucking thing to do with their job?
Why, again, are you an “air” “stud”? Do you think you’re hot and like having sex in the air? Please don’t tell me you think you are all that. Your not that pretentious cochsucher are you? Seriously, why do you call yourself an “airstud”.


You must be new here, welcome. Airstud is known for his quirky posts. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I find them mostly chucklesome.
 
User avatar
TSS
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 am

Airstud wrote:
So why did we elect a ugly governor?

Just for reference of non-Minnesota residents, Airstud is talking about Governor-elect Tim Walz-

Image

Not devastatingly handsome in my book, but certainly not bad-looking, either.

Airstud, if you think Mr. Walz is ugly then you really should attend the annual family reunion of a certain branch of my family. That'd give you a whole new perspective on what "ugly" is for sure.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
Airstud
Topic Author
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:07 am

TSS wrote:
Airstud wrote:
So why did we elect a ugly governor?

Just for reference of non-Minnesota residents, Airstud is talking about Governor-elect Tim Walz-

Image

Not devastatingly handsome in my book, but certainly not bad-looking, either.


On his TV ads he was much uglier than that. That is a doctored photo. Whatever Sarah Sanders did to that Jim Acosta video, Walz's people did to that photograph. #fakevisage

mbmbos wrote:
shallow people


Gross.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:43 am

From Minnesota:

Image

That falls into the ugly category.

But, as for the Gov. .... I don't see the ugly.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
TSS
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:45 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
From Minnesota:

Image

That falls into the ugly category.

But, as for the Gov. .... I don't see the ugly.

Whoa! I thought that was an old photo of Vincent Price until I looked closer and realized who it actually is. In fairness, though, very few if any of us get better looking after middle age.

The same person in his 20s-

Image
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 pm

TSS wrote:
In fairness, though, very few if any of us get better looking after middle age.


Well, this thread was started to criticize someone who is past middle age. So that's telling.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1759
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:41 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
TSS wrote:
In fairness, though, very few if any of us get better looking after middle age.


Well, this thread was started to criticize someone who is past middle age. So that's telling.


Aww, did that hit a nerve Gramps? :rotfl:
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:33 pm

bgm wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
TSS wrote:
In fairness, though, very few if any of us get better looking after middle age.


Well, this thread was started to criticize someone who is past middle age. So that's telling.


Aww, did that hit a nerve Gramps? :rotfl:


No, it didn't. :old: Are you practicing ageism you belligerent whippersnapper??
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
vikkyvik
Posts: 12343
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:24 pm

nwadeicer wrote:
So, what in thee fffuckkk does someone’s look have absolutely anyphucking thing to do with their job?
Why, again, are you an “air” “stud”? Do you think you’re hot and like having sex in the air? Please don’t tell me you think you are all that. Your not that pretentious cochsucher are you? Seriously, why do you call yourself an “airstud”.


Well that escalated quickly.

BlueberryWheats wrote:
You must be new here, welcome.


Amazingly, his profile says he's been here 10 years. That's a long time to ignore Airstud's posts.

Anyway, I assume the horrifyingly cold weather in Minnesota has something to do with preserving people's looks. If those sort of temperatures attempted to make an appearance here, they would definitely be arrested for being well below the legal minimum.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".
 
User avatar
TSS
Posts: 2689
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Critiques of Bob Dylan's current appearance aside, I want to know who, apart from Minnesotans, said Minnesota is supposed to have the best looking people? Nothing against Minnesotans, mind you, but looks-wise the handful I've met in real life have been remarkably, erm… unremarkable.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
Airstud
Topic Author
Posts: 4158
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:55 am

TSS wrote:
I want to know who, apart from Minnesotans, said Minnesota is supposed to have the best looking people?


Not "who;" "what:" The mirror.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Manhattan for Women, Jacksonville for Men hands down
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:35 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Manhattan for Women, Jacksonville for Men hands down


I don't care for men hands, especially down anywhere.
 
dmg626
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Airstud wrote:
So why did we elect a ugly governor?


Jesse Ventura?
 
Flighty
Posts: 9720
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Minnesota's supposed to have the best-looking people

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Minnesota does have good looking people, but a lot of them leave. Plenty of the glamorous people you would see in California and New York are from Minnesota. So I rank it as somewhat true. This was definitely true at the college I went to, on the East Coast. Few of those students would return to their home state. A lot of good looking people were from Texas or Minnesota. They are on the coasts now.

Good call on Utah.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bagoldex, bananaboy and 87 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos