B0pp0
Topic Author
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:57 pm

I don't the Democrats would've blown the Senate if she won and the rest of the results would be equal to this. The GOP would be forced to actually moderate if she won, ushering in a new age of greatness for the US. Now we are irreparably broken.

How delusional am I?
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:04 pm

B0pp0 wrote:
How delusional am I?

Very...and this is coming from a Democrat.

Had Clinton won, we wouldn't be talking about a House takeover, but instead talking about how many more seats the GOP added (possibly close to 60). The party in charge of the White House almost always loses seats in both chambers of Congress during the midterms. The dynamics of the class 1 Senate map (the one elected yesterday) meant that it was very likely that Tester, Heitkamp, Machin, Donelly, McCaskill, Baldwin, Nelson, and to a certain extent Brown and Stabenow would have faced certain defeat (Casey probably being the only one that could have eked out a win), while endangering Kaine and Menendez. The makeup was a disaster for Democrats which is why they never expected to gain seats (they would have had a good night if they broke even).

Then looking at governorships, many more would have fallen to or remained in Republican hands: VA (2017), OR, WI, NV, MN, KS, and CT. I think MI and PA would be the only bright spots where Democrats would have still been in a good spot. IL was a sure bet as was NM.

So if Clinton had won the presidency, we would be talking about a huge loss last night.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
B0pp0
Topic Author
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:05 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
B0pp0 wrote:
How delusional am I?

Very...and this is coming from a Democrat.

Had Clinton won, we wouldn't be talking about a House takeover, but instead talking about how many more seats the GOP added (possibly close to 60). The party in charge of the White House almost always loses seats in both chambers of Congress during the midterms. The dynamics of the class 1 Senate map (the one elected yesterday) meant that it was very likely that Tester, Heitkamp, Machin, Donelly, McCaskill, Baldwin, Nelson, and to a certain extent Brown and Stabenow would have faced certain defeat (Casey probably being the only one that could have eked out a win), while endangering Kaine and Menendez. The makeup was a disaster for Democrats which is why they never expected to gain seats (they would have had a good night if they broke even).

Then looking at governorships, many more would have fallen to or remained in Republican hands: VA (2017), OR, WI, NV, MN, KS, and CT. I think MI and PA would be the only bright spots where Democrats would have still been in a good spot. IL was a sure bet as was NM.

So if Clinton had won the presidency, we would be talking about a huge loss last night.


It doesn't seem to feel that way. Deep in my heart I think that a narrow Hillary win would energize Democrats to turn out and "give her the Congress she needs". Just my weird feeling about things.

Heitkamp, Donnelly, McCaskill, Nelson, Breseden, O'Rourke, Abrams, and Gillium choking has left a bad taste in my mouth. Are people that blind to see the damage that Republicans keep making? Should I disown anyone I know who voted for them?
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:29 pm

B0pp0 wrote:
It doesn't seem to feel that way. Deep in my heart I think that a narrow Hillary win would energize Democrats to turn out and "give her the Congress she needs". Just my weird feeling about things.

What you feel is one thing but the reality is different. If voters didn't give Obama the House back after 2012 and took the Senate away in 2014, what makes you think voters would have thought twice to give Clinton expanded majorities in Congress?

B0pp0 wrote:
Should I disown anyone I know who voted for them?
While I disagree with how Republicans vote, to disown them just because they don't vote how you do only contributes to further polarization. We complain about conservatives in their echo chamber with Fox News, Breitbart, and Alex Jones, but you seem to be creating an echo chamber of your own.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
B0pp0
Topic Author
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:36 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
B0pp0 wrote:
It doesn't seem to feel that way. Deep in my heart I think that a narrow Hillary win would energize Democrats to turn out and "give her the Congress she needs". Just my weird feeling about things.

What you feel is one thing but the reality is different. If voters didn't give Obama the House back after 2012 and took the Senate away in 2014, what makes you think voters would have thought twice to give Clinton expanded majorities in Congress?


Because Democrats would want stuff to get done.

B0pp0 wrote:
Should I disown anyone I know who voted for them?
While I disagree with how Republicans vote, to disown them just because they don't vote how you do only contributes to further polarization. We complain about conservatives in their echo chamber with Fox News, Breitbart, and Alex Jones, but you seem to be creating an echo chamber of your own.[/quote]

To vote Democrat is to vote for the environment and the well-being of us as a nation. To vote Republican is to basically thumb your nose at the rest of the nation.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9723
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:45 pm

B0pp0 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
B0pp0 wrote:
How delusional am I?

Very...and this is coming from a Democrat.

Had Clinton won, we wouldn't be talking about a House takeover, but instead talking about how many more seats the GOP added (possibly close to 60). The party in charge of the White House almost always loses seats in both chambers of Congress during the midterms. The dynamics of the class 1 Senate map (the one elected yesterday) meant that it was very likely that Tester, Heitkamp, Machin, Donelly, McCaskill, Baldwin, Nelson, and to a certain extent Brown and Stabenow would have faced certain defeat (Casey probably being the only one that could have eked out a win), while endangering Kaine and Menendez. The makeup was a disaster for Democrats which is why they never expected to gain seats (they would have had a good night if they broke even).

Then looking at governorships, many more would have fallen to or remained in Republican hands: VA (2017), OR, WI, NV, MN, KS, and CT. I think MI and PA would be the only bright spots where Democrats would have still been in a good spot. IL was a sure bet as was NM.

So if Clinton had won the presidency, we would be talking about a huge loss last night.


It doesn't seem to feel that way. Deep in my heart I think that a narrow Hillary win would energize Democrats to turn out and "give her the Congress she needs". Just my weird feeling about things.

Heitkamp, Donnelly, McCaskill, Nelson, Breseden, O'Rourke, Abrams, and Gillium choking has left a bad taste in my mouth. Are people that blind to see the damage that Republicans keep making? Should I disown anyone I know who voted for them?



Hahaha. A Hillary win would energize democrats?! Above the hyena like screeching of the past two years? That would take an awful toll on their health. Many already complain of exhaustion.

A massive sea of discontent against HRC and her powerful backers was made clear in 2016. She still wouldn't win today. If HRC had won, she would have lost the midterms just like Obama did, twice, in 2010 and 2014. Except probably worse than he did, because face it, he was a lot more well regarded. There would be investigations going on into Clinton dealings, which while better than Trump dealings, had plenty to investigate.

Hillary is incredibly polarizing and I think the overall environment would be very similar. Anger spilling onto the streets as people forcefully, but not violently disagree about politics. And that's okay. Better than civil war or nuclear war. Is Hillary less polarizing than Donald Trump, perhaps internationally. But domestically she is just as polarizing.
 
apodino
Posts: 3308
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:22 pm

B0pp0 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
B0pp0 wrote:
It doesn't seem to feel that way. Deep in my heart I think that a narrow Hillary win would energize Democrats to turn out and "give her the Congress she needs". Just my weird feeling about things.

What you feel is one thing but the reality is different. If voters didn't give Obama the House back after 2012 and took the Senate away in 2014, what makes you think voters would have thought twice to give Clinton expanded majorities in Congress?


Because Democrats would want stuff to get done.

B0pp0 wrote:
Should I disown anyone I know who voted for them?
While I disagree with how Republicans vote, to disown them just because they don't vote how you do only contributes to further polarization. We complain about conservatives in their echo chamber with Fox News, Breitbart, and Alex Jones, but you seem to be creating an echo chamber of your own.


To vote Democrat is to vote for the environment and the well-being of us as a nation. To vote Republican is to basically thumb your nose at the rest of the nation.[/quote]
I actually agree with Einstein on this one. I see so much partisanship, you have hard core partisans bullying each other, instead of respectfully disagreeing and having a good debate. This unfortunately started way before Trump, and Trumps election was a symptom of this problem and not the cause. Hillary being elected would have been no different.

As I said in a prior post, while my voting in recent years has been red, yesterday I did cast a lot of votes for Democrats in a lot of races. There are some very powerful down ballot races in Texas that I felt a Democrat would be better at than a republican. For example, I feel George P. Bush has been a disaster as Land Commissioner and I voted for the Democrat in that race. Does that make me a bad person? I hope not. I don't think republicans are bad people, and I don't think Democrats are bad people. If we would just listen to the other side as to why they take the positions and views they do without actually chastising and hating them...we would make so much progress.
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:11 pm

People are already predicting the break-up of the USA.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 1514
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
People are already predicting the break-up of the USA.


Done and dusted; unfortunately the failure is much of the reason we’re in this mess.

GF
 
User avatar
EstherLouise
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:22 am

Remember how the conservatives and Tea Partiers pissed and moaned constantly during the Obama years from 2008 to 2016? They would be doing that ten fold if Hillary won.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12029
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:30 am

EstherLouise wrote:
Remember how the conservatives and Tea Partiers pissed and moaned constantly during the Obama years from 2008 to 2016? They would be doing that ten fold if Hillary won.



Who could forget, it was pathetic, thank goodness the Republicans had a win yesterday, imagine if they lost the House? :bouncy: :box: :banghead:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
T18
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 am

On this forum asking what would be different if Trump won. It's nice to learn from what has already past but not healthy to live in the what ifs.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971
 
User avatar
MassAppeal
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 am

Dieuwer wrote:
People are already predicting the break-up of the USA.


I've never laughed so hard in my life! Thanks for that.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:58 am

B0pp0 wrote:
I don't the Democrats would've blown the Senate if she won and the rest of the results would be equal to this. The GOP would be forced to actually moderate if she won, ushering in a new age of greatness for the US. Now we are irreparably broken.

How delusional am I?


Image
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:03 am

B0pp0 wrote:
How delusional am I?

Very. Your "age of greatness" would have manifested itself in a recession. President Trump has created the best economy this country has ever had. God bless him!
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1161
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 am

B0pp0 wrote:
Are people that blind to see the damage that Republicans keep making? Should I disown anyone I know who voted for them?


Will all due respect, if you're seriously asking yourself this question, you need to take a step back from politics and find something else to occupy your time.

I support the GOP. I have friends who are Republicans, and friends who are Democrats. To one of the latter, I sent a congratulatory email this morning after they retook the House. Civility and respect go a long way. Hysteria is a waste of time.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:56 pm

i have lost more money this year in the stock market then every before. i blame that on people being allowed to manipulate the market under Trump and him making the market worry because of the 17 trillion he's just added to our national debt. . seriously, i am about to stop playing the market UNTIL this president is gone. All the signs are there that companies stocks should be going up in price BUT NO stock prices are going down. the quarterly results are good, but NO. someone manipulating the market, If HRC was in charge, i bet the stock market would be doing a lot better, it certainly did under her husband. I usually make a lot of money in the stock market when a dem in control, i tend to lose money when a republican is in control. i find it hard to believe that nobody is talking about this. What Trump has done to the market, and gas prices.
i just filled up my truck 70.00 gas prices have slowly risen, nobody saying a thing.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1426
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:33 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
i have lost more money this year in the stock market then every before. i blame that on people being allowed to manipulate the market under Trump and him making the market worry because of the 17 trillion he's just added to our national debt. . seriously, i am about to stop playing the market UNTIL this president is gone. All the signs are there that companies stocks should be going up in price BUT NO stock prices are going down. the quarterly results are good, but NO. someone manipulating the market, If HRC was in charge, i bet the stock market would be doing a lot better, it certainly did under her husband. I usually make a lot of money in the stock market when a dem in control, i tend to lose money when a republican is in control. i find it hard to believe that nobody is talking about this. What Trump has done to the market, and gas prices.
i just filled up my truck 70.00 gas prices have slowly risen, nobody saying a thing.


Fact check please.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Fact check please.

He provided alternative facts. Live with them!

or (my personal favorite):

Google it yourself. Not that hard.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 1426
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:56 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
Fact check please.

He provided alternative facts. Live with them!

or (my personal favorite):

Google it yourself. Not that hard.


hehe, funny enough I did do some googling. At least on the gas prices. He's not wrong, but it's not the whole picture either. And AAA says gas prices are trending down again (and not just the seasonal winter lull we always get).

I was just a little put off because there was a lot of loaded statements in that post.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
i have lost more money this year in the stock market then every before. i blame that on people being allowed to manipulate the market under Trump and him making the market worry because of the 17 trillion he's just added to our national debt. . seriously, i am about to stop playing the market UNTIL this president is gone. All the signs are there that companies stocks should be going up in price BUT NO stock prices are going down. the quarterly results are good, but NO. someone manipulating the market, If HRC was in charge, i bet the stock market would be doing a lot better, it certainly did under her husband. I usually make a lot of money in the stock market when a dem in control, i tend to lose money when a republican is in control. i find it hard to believe that nobody is talking about this. What Trump has done to the market, and gas prices.
i just filled up my truck 70.00 gas prices have slowly risen, nobody saying a thing.


If so, you’re the worst investor on the planet.
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.
 
AA747123
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:18 am

If Hillary had won, we would be in the midst of a very very very deep recession, unemployment would be sky high, deficit spending through the roof, open borders, high crime, major trade deficit, ISIS would be a real threat, pretty much a continuation of Obummer
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:47 am

AA747123 wrote:
pretty much a continuation of Obummer

Man, what are you smoking? Obama is definitely the man conservatives love to hate, facts be damned.

It's like everything prior to January 20, 2017 was fake, but afterwards it was suddenly true because Trump said so. Stock market going up from the lows of the recession was fake and irrelevant and then, on January 20, 2017, the market suddenly did a spike and everything was fine: the DJIA apparently went from 6,500 (recession low in 2009) to 19,827 on that day; unemployment went from 10% (recession high in 2009) to 4.7%; and ISIS went from covering the Earth (because ISIS was everywhere) to a small outpost in Syria/Iraq.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
AA747123
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
AA747123 wrote:
pretty much a continuation of Obummer

Man, what are you smoking? Obama is definitely the man conservatives love to hate, facts be damned.

It's like everything prior to January 20, 2017 was fake, but afterwards it was suddenly true because Trump said so. Stock market going up from the lows of the recession was fake and irrelevant and then, on January 20, 2017, the market suddenly did a spike and everything was fine: the DJIA apparently went from 6,500 (recession low in 2009) to 19,827 on that day; unemployment went from 10% (recession high in 2009) to 4.7%; and ISIS went from covering the Earth (because ISIS was everywhere) to a small outpost in Syria/Iraq.



10% unemployment? Where did you get that? It was close to 50% under Obama, and the stock market was much lower than that before Trump came in. Trump is a smart business man, he is running this country like one of his businesses, and so far he is doing a very very very excellent job.
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8313
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:36 am

It's hard to answer this question because it assumes she'd magically win and all the factors that caused her to lose (lose against Trump!! WTF!??) would be swept away

I don't know, if they nominated someone (anyone) better, they'd probably be a lot more popular. I would've thought the loss in 2016 would've been a wake-up call for Dems... I don't see that being the case. And the midterms seem to not be a "oh hey, we won IN SPITE of Trump," it's a "we won because our policies are great and Trump sucks, and Trump sucking is all we need to win."

After 2016, I will never underestimate the Dems' ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6691
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:45 am

AA747123 wrote:
10% unemployment? Where did you get that? It was close to 50% under Obama, and the stock market was much lower than that before Trump came in. Trump is a smart business man, he is running this country like one of his businesses, and so far he is doing a very very very excellent job.

You are definitely a troll, have a mental condition, or are really smoking something serious.

The same agency that today says unemployment rate is 3.7% is the one that said back in 2009 that unemployment peaked at 10%. Oh wait...back then we needed to look at the REAL unemployment (for some reason), but now that number is irrelevant. Unless you think the numbers are fake...in which case unemployment is DEFINITELY not 3.7% then.

And a simple Google search of the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows the levels.

Over to you. Where was the 50% unemployment rate and stock market collapse before Trump came in?

It's almost like you were frozen in time where you stopped during late 2008 and revived in 2017.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:53 pm

DL717 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
i have lost more money this year in the stock market then every before. i blame that on people being allowed to manipulate the market under Trump and him making the market worry because of the 17 trillion he's just added to our national debt. . seriously, i am about to stop playing the market UNTIL this president is gone. All the signs are there that companies stocks should be going up in price BUT NO stock prices are going down. the quarterly results are good, but NO. someone manipulating the market, If HRC was in charge, i bet the stock market would be doing a lot better, it certainly did under her husband. I usually make a lot of money in the stock market when a dem in control, i tend to lose money when a republican is in control. i find it hard to believe that nobody is talking about this. What Trump has done to the market, and gas prices.
i just filled up my truck 70.00 gas prices have slowly risen, nobody saying a thing.


If so, you’re the worst investor on the planet.


well that would be "YOU" assuming. I know how to read quarterly reports, I know when stocks should go up, and not go down. There is manipulation going on, and nobody doing anything about it.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:56 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
Fact check please.

He provided alternative facts. Live with them!

or (my personal favorite):

Google it yourself. Not that hard.


hehe, funny enough I did do some googling. At least on the gas prices. He's not wrong, but it's not the whole picture either. And AAA says gas prices are trending down again (and not just the seasonal winter lull we always get).

I was just a little put off because there was a lot of loaded statements in that post.


not if you been playing the stock market for 30 years

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterlazar ... 03f100239d
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:28 am

Had quick look at a list of presidents and the stock market during their term.

Hoover (R): Biggest stock market implosion ever (1929 - 1932).
Roosevelt (D): Stock bull market with some rough sailing during war times. But overall positive.
Truman (D): I would say....neutral.
Eisenhower (R): Stock bull market with the occasional dip-to-buy.
Kennedy (D): Too short to say anything meaningful.
Johnson (D): Neutral to slightly bearish stock market.
Nixon (R): Somewhat bearish stock market.
Ford (R): Presided over stock market crash of late 1974. Down 40%. Bounced back towards they end of his term.
Carter (D): Neutral with lots of swings. Had you bought gold when he entered office and sold when he left, you would have made a pile of money.
Reagan (R): Bull market, but with the infamous crash of black Monday 1987.
Bush (R): Bull market.
Clinton (D): Bull market, big surge in the Nasdaq.
Bush (R): Bear market with two major crashes.
Obama(D): Bull market.
Trump (R): ?

Looking at this list, it seems to me that on average the market tended to be even (equally bearish or bullish) during Republican presidents, but neutral to bullish during Democrat presidents. Of course, you can also argue that Dems are better at winning the presidency if the market is ready to go up, while Reps have a bad record of picking winning time periods.

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterlazaroff/2016/07/26/democrats-vs-republicans-who-is-better-for-the-stock-market/#6e03f100239d


Disagree with the notion that presidents have zero impact on the stock market. Presidents can sign bills into law or write executive orders killing or implementing regulations or oversight with respect to Wall Street. And if Wall Street runs amok, you can bet your mommy that a crash is forthcoming eventually.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:09 pm

AA747123 wrote:
If Hillary had won, we would be in the midst of a very very very deep recession, unemployment would be sky high, deficit spending through the roof, open borders, high crime, major trade deficit, ISIS would be a real threat, pretty much a continuation of Obummer


why do say deficit spending through the roof? her husband got rid of our deficit and we had a surplus, Trump on the other hand has blown up our deficit more than any other president
in history. put that in your pipe and smoke it.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 1514
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Way too much credit being put on worthless politicians for the economic effort of millions. Pols are like the mouse riding on the back of a wagon thinking, “my what dust storm I’m making.”

GF
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm

it's simple math. The people at the top 1 to 2 percent that have all the money are the ones who keep crashing our economy. The Supreme Court ruled that people are corporations so now their money elects politicians, and they tend to elect politicans that are business friendly and gives them them tax cuts. Trump is to blame for our deficit blow up these last two years.
Which will result in lower GDP. that's how it works.

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u-s- ... it-3305783
 
stratclub
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:31 pm

I lost a lot of faith with our government during the E-mail scandal. Hilary had one of the most sensitive government jobs there is and had a medical condition that caused her to have amnesia and claimed she didn't realize that top secret government business was without exception suppose to be kept on a secure government server.

Really? If she wasn't cognoscente enough to perform her job according to the requirements of the job because of mental incapacity, she should have stepped down. The worst part was that she was given a pass and is not in prison right now along with James Comey for giving her a pass. Apparently ignorance of the law is an excuse after all.

The problem with the election is that it was a lose lose proposition because we didn't have a viable candidate either way.
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 11810
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: Where would we be right now if Hillary won?

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:26 pm

stratclub wrote:
I lost a lot of faith with our government during the E-mail scandal. Hilary had one of the most sensitive government jobs there is and had a medical condition that caused her to have amnesia and claimed she didn't realize that top secret government business was without exception suppose to be kept on a secure government server.

Really? If she wasn't cognoscente enough to perform her job according to the requirements of the job because of mental incapacity, she should have stepped down. The worst part was that she was given a pass and is not in prison right now along with James Comey for giving her a pass. Apparently ignorance of the law is an excuse after all.


Are you serious? The US has a problem..
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BartSimpson, JJJ, mmo, noviorbis77, sabenapilot, TheF15Ace and 88 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos