Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

caliboy93
Topic Author

Go vote!

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Just a friendly reminder, if you are eligible to vote, then VOTE! Make your voice heard, no matter who or what you stand for. Voting is a privilege which many people around the world can only dream of.
Last edited by SQ22 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not use capital letters only in title

apodino

Re: GO VOTE!

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Yes...please vote. I don't care if you are a Democrat Republican, or Independent...get out and do it.

Tugger

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:44 pm

No, you said to take a walk around Lake Harriet....

I did however also vote. And agree, everyone should vote, but with the caveat to do so intelligently (not because of party or someone told you).

Tugg

Pyrex

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm

Counterpoint: if you need some random person on an Internet forum about planes to remind you to vote, you probably shouldn't be voting in the first place. Or, to be honest, even ring your own shoelaces.

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Don’t vote, it only encourages the bar stewards to run.

GF

wingman

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Counterpoint: if you need some random person on an Internet forum about planes to remind you to vote, you probably shouldn't be voting in the first place. Or, to be honest, even ring your own shoelaces.

I'll raise you $100:

If you need Fox News to send their #1 rated "news guy" to campaign with the President to encourage you to vote Republican you should do the American gene pool a massive favor and shoot yourself in the face, ideally before you have any children. But let's not be too picky.

petertenthije

Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:53 pm

wingman wrote:
Pyrex wrote:

I'll raise you $100:

If you need Fox News to send their #1 rated "news guy" to campaign with the President to encourage you to vote Republican you should do the American gene pool a massive favor and shoot yourself in the face, ideally before you have any children. But let's not be too picky.
Well, that escalated quickly.

wingman

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16 am

I do try hard to contain myself but happened across that headline earlier and thought it was a joke. Alas it was true, my country’s largest cable news company actually campaigned with Trump at his final rally to encourage people to vote for GOP straight down the ballot. It’s like living in a 1950s banana republic.

stl07

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:42 am

wingman wrote:
I do try hard to contain myself but happened across that headline earlier and thought it was a joke. Alas it was true, my country’s largest cable news company actually campaigned with Trump at his final rally to encourage people to vote for GOP straight down the ballot. It’s like living in a 1950s banana republic.

AND he promised just hours earlier that he wouldn't and called everyone else fake news

LOL

MassAppeal

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:42 am

I voted. Took 15 minutes.

I'm looking forward to the freakouts and the tears and the ratcheted up anger and vitriol that is to come.

stl07

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 am

MassAppeal wrote:

I'm looking forward to the freakouts and the tears and the ratcheted up anger and vitriol that is to come.

Lucky you

2 hours here

and I'm in a semi-rural area. I can only Imagine what the blue wave cities polling centers looked like

stl07

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:03 am

MassAppeal wrote:

I'm looking forward to the results

MassAppeal

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:08 am

stl07 wrote:
MassAppeal wrote:

The results are basically already in. Dems win the house and Republicans pick up seats in the Senate.

The blue wave wasn't as big as anticipated but they achieved their goal of derailing Trump until 2020. Now come the flood of executive orders while conservative judges will be confirmed at a record pace changing US society for the next generation. One more SC seat and that's it for the next 40 years.

stl07

Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:13 am

MassAppeal wrote:
stl07 wrote:
MassAppeal wrote:

The results are basically already in. Dems win the house and Republicans pick up seats in the Senate.

The blue wave wasn't as big as anticipated but they achieved their goal of derailing Trump until 2020. Now come the flood of executive orders while conservative judges will be confirmed at a record pace changing US society for the next generation. One more SC seat and that's it for the next 40 years.

I didn't expect Rs to gain more Senate seats, I thought it would stay the same because "blue wave" and all. But, I guess the blue wave was a purple wave.

Re: Go vote!

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Looks like about 49% of eligible voters showed up to vote. Although higher than last time, it is still abominably low (IMHO).
So, I don't want to hear any whining about current politics by those who failed to show up at the ballot box... You missed your chance!

Especially among the younger cohort (18-29), only 31% showed up to vote.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/2018-mi ... for-growth

Ken777

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:03 pm

It took 15 minutes for me - from leaving the house to returning. A 3 minute drive each way, a party line vote for the Dems and the rest of the time was reading the questions. I was a Yes on every question but one and I always vote yes to retain Judges. Tulsa is so Red that I only really need to vote for the Questions.

cranberrysaus

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:16 pm

I voted absentee for the first time this year. It's so unbelievably convenient, I'm not sure why more people don't do it.