WarRI1
Topic Author

Google workers walk out.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:04 am

https://www.wired.com/story/google-walk ... er-unrest/

I applaud the workers who had the courage to organize and carry out this work stoppage against a corporate giant who it seems was rewarding people accused of sexual exploitation of women. It seems a symptom of our times more so since the 2016 election.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

NIKV69

Re: Google workers walk out.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:15 am

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.wired.com/story/google-walkout-just-latest-sign-tech-worker-unrest/

I applaud the workers who had the courage to organize and carry out this work stoppage against a corporate giant who it seems was rewarding people accused of sexual exploitation of women. It seems a symptom of our times more so since the 2016 election.

Well Hollywood rewarded Weinstein for so many years why is this news?
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

WarRI1
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:18 am

NIKV69 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

The fact that the workers without a union said enough of this corporate corruption and exploitation of women.

T18

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:39 am

Was it an issue corporate corruption or just corporate apathy?
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

WarRI1
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:42 am

T18 wrote:
Was it an issue corporate corruption or just corporate apathy?

It seems to be corporate stupidity mostly, or corporate arrogance over ruling common sense and dignity.

TSS

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:59 pm

Since he's a former Google insider who was fired for merely questioning their existing corporate policy, I'd like to hear James Damore's take on this.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:31 am

NIKV69 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Nik, have you ever been sexually assaulted? Look at what happened with Dr. Ford against Brett Kavanaugh. And you mock things like this and wonder why women (and men) don't come forward?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Super80Fan

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:20 am

Neat, Google has plenty of people lined up at their door to work for them. Just fire them and be done with it.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:54 am

Walk-out at the World’s Wokest Company, shocked, shocked.

GF

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 am

Super80Fan wrote:
Neat, Google has plenty of people lined up at their door to work for them. Just fire them and be done with it.

And may those who preach firings for standing up to corporate corruption and moral failings have it happen to them. :yes: :yes:

Pi7472000

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:08 am

I stand with the workers who walked out. We need more workers to walk out of their jobs in the public and private sector to create more economic and social equality in the workforce today. There is way too much economic and social inequality in the United States today.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:29 am

Pi7472000 wrote:
I stand with the workers who walked out. We need more workers to walk out of their jobs in the public and private sector to create more economic and social equality in the workforce today. There is way too much economic and social inequality in the United States today.

Amen Brother, it is good to find someone on here with an appreciation of the miserable labor conditions in the US and the extreme inequality we have in this land of the free. :checkmark:

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:32 am

There’s record low unemployment, rising wages, safer working conditions than ever. What’s with miserable labor conditions?

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:38 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
There’s record low unemployment, rising wages, safer working conditions than ever. What’s with miserable labor conditions?

You are joking of course, better go out there and work for a living. If any of that is left, thank the Democrats and Unions over the years.

DL717

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:47 am

What a bunch of babies.
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:54 am

DL717 wrote:
What a bunch of babies.

Did you forget to act Conservative and make multiple insults and condemn all that was accomplished by Union folks and Democrats in Labor Wars of the past that allows you to afford the ability to own a computer and the leisure time you expend on here insulting and insulting all who dare to stand up for their rights???

seb146

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:04 am

DL717 wrote:
What a bunch of babies.

Because of sexual harassment and unequal pay. Such babies. Maybe you should work for $5 less an hour than everyone else and be told you need to start wearing tight pants if you want to get ahead. Right?

DL717

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:39 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
What a bunch of babies.

Did you forget to act Conservative and make multiple insults and condemn all that was accomplished by Union folks and Democrats in Labor Wars of the past that allows you to afford the ability to own a computer and the leisure time you expend on here insulting and insulting all who dare to stand up for their rights???

I don’t even know what this post is trying to say.

This is a lunchtime walkout by a bunch of little children upset that the Coke machine was empty. First World problem of the highest magnitude.
Last edited by DL717 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.

DL717

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
What a bunch of babies.

Because of sexual harassment and unequal pay. Such babies. Maybe you should work for $5 less an hour than everyone else and be told you need to start wearing tight pants if you want to get ahead. Right?

None of them are making $5 an hour and the rest are a bunch of babies looking for your sympathy. Which you will apparently gladly give to them.

seb146

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:37 pm

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
What a bunch of babies.

None of them are making $5 an hour and the rest are a bunch of babies looking for your sympathy. Which you will apparently gladly give to them.

So you didn't read the article. You just see who is posting and oppose them.

DL717

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:30 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Yes. They’re a bunch of babies. They’re just ticked they didn’t get a cut.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:57 am

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Yes. They’re a bunch of babies. They’re just ticked they didn’t get a cut.

Ridiculous, they are well educated workers, well paid I am sure. Maybe, just maybe they have a conscience and the balls to show it. Rewarding scum bag behavior is Ok with you? I know it is with the Orange man.

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:11 am

Gee, I thought Google was woke and PC, now this. If they’re well educated employees, move if they don’t like it.

WRT “unequal pay”, Harvard just did a study of unionized Boston MBTA employees who you’d expect would be, by contract, paid equally. Women workers in the same positions earn 86 cents to men’s $1.00. Why? Because men are more flexible at working night shifts, more willing to be away from home on overtime. It’s not unequal pay, if you work more and are paid.

GF

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:17 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Gee, I thought Google was woke and PC, now this. If they’re well educated, move if they don’t like it.

GF

Why? They stood up for their principles by going out to demonstrate, they did and they knew there is strength in numbers, not weakness like you folks always without fail always advocate. Why would anyone with an ounce of intelligence do such as you advocate. I am glad our soldiers do not act that way, we would not so free as we are for sure

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:34 am

There’s a slight difference, you can’t walk out of the military unless you wish to be court martialed. Fine demonstrate, but voting with your feet is more effective and meaningful. And a much better show of strength! So, the held up some signs, went back to work OR they left their company in need of finding workers. Which one is really a demonstration of strength?

BTW, I was in AF, not retirement eligible, left for civilian employment when I could no longer honorably continue to serve. Quitting sends a big message.

GF

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:50 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
There’s a slight difference, you can’t walk out of the military unless you wish to be court martialed. Fine demonstrate, but voting with your feet is more effective and meaningful. And a much better show of strength! So, the held up some signs, went back to work OR they left their company in need of finding workers. Which one is really a demonstration of strength?

BTW, I was in AF, not retirement eligible, left for civilian employment when I could no longer honorably continue to serve. Quitting sends a big message.

GF

I used the Military as an example, not to compare them to the Google workers who felt they had to act and they did, just as the Military would in combat. The google workers did it for humanitarian or social conscience reasons from what I have read.

Flighty

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:21 am

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
What a bunch of babies.

If there is an actual case to be made, Google would make a dream defendant in a lawsuit about that. Tons of money and protective of their reputation. If people allege, then go ahead and stand behind your words. File a suit. Don’t just gossip about it behind peoples’ backs.

These people are just incredibly privileged, virtue signaling little babies. They probably don’t even know what they want. It looks like a political cult. A place that powerful, without adults around, scares the hell out of me.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:37 am

Flighty wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
What a bunch of babies.

If there is an actual case to be made, Google would make a dream defendant in a lawsuit about that. Tons of money and protective of their reputation. If people allege, then go ahead and stand behind your words. File a suit. Don’t just gossip about it behind peoples’ backs.

These people are just incredibly privileged, virtue signaling little babies. They probably don’t even know what they want. It looks like a political cult. A place that powerful, without adults around, scares the hell out of me.

I love it, something different in the Corporate world of the US, that is what is feared by Conservatives, not babies, but highly educated smart creative people who know their power. Google knows better than try to disciplinary them or fire them. These people made Google by their hard work and intelligence and without union protection they have set a precedence that is feared by the Corporate world and the Conservatives. A lack of control does not sit well, I love it as an old Union guy.

Flighty

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:23 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Flighty wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I love it, something different in the Corporate world of the US, that is what is feared by Conservatives, not babies, but highly educated smart creative people who know their power. Google knows better than try to disciplinary them or fire them. These people made Google by their hard work and intelligence and without union protection they have set a precedence that is feared by the Corporate world and the Conservatives. A lack of control does not sit well, I love it as an old Union guy.

Those workers are being forced to take the picket lines by their corporate culture. They are showing they are woke, which is a requirement to work at Google, and soon maybe a requirement to use the internet. If the company wants to replace them, it will just replace them. They have no power. They have tricked themselves. A person with power would leave the company. They are like little hamsters nibbling on their bottle, then crying about it. Sympathy for the 250k+ twenty something devil.

I hope something good comes of it. Hopefully 500 employees breaking away and telling what they know. Same for Facebook. Same for Amazon.

seb146

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:48 am

Flighty wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Flighty wrote:

Those workers are being forced to take the picket lines by their corporate culture. They are showing they are woke, which is a requirement to work at Google, and soon maybe a requirement to use the internet. If the company wants to replace them, it will just replace them. They have no power. They have tricked themselves. A person with power would leave the company. They are like little hamsters nibbling on their bottle, then crying about it. Sympathy for the 250k+ twenty something devil.

I hope something good comes of it. Hopefully 500 employees breaking away and telling what they know. Same for Facebook. Same for Amazon.

And now we know how useful unions are. If these employees were union, they would be able to speak to their union rep and have more power. Instead, you Republicans are laughing about them being sexually assaulted, being paid poorly, not having benefits....

mad99

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:13 am

A state of perceived intellectual superiority one gains by reading The Huffington Post.
Ali is so woke. At brunch she explained how wearing anything other than Chuck Taylor's or Tom's is really a microaggression. Hey did you get your Amy Schumer tickets yet?

Trying to understand that ‘woke’ is the urban dictionary gives the above.

I’m no closer to understanding