caliboy93
Topic Author

Democratic Candidates for 2020

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:30 pm

How would you guys rank the Democrat candidates for 2020? (Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden)

mbmbos

Re: Democratic Candidates for 2020

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Senator Patty Murray would be my choice, although I don't think she will run. I think Kristen Gillibrand could make a run. And I'd love to see Kamala Harris run.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

DLFREEBIRD

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:39 pm

it better be a white male, since we aleady know women don't vote for other women.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:40 pm

None of the above, we’ve suffered enough.

GF

Ken777

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:45 pm

Take Bernie out of the list and I'll go with any left in 2 years.

I do think that we will see one or two added to the list if the Dems win the House. Those names will come from various investigations that go after the various games that Trump and his buddies have played. If you want to see who gets called un start with those Trump is going to fire after the election.

Then, of course, we will be seeing the Russian Investigation adding to the cleaning up. If the Dems take over in 2020 maybe we can get Mueller in as Attorney General. Talk about a force to clean up Trump's Swamp!

bagoldex

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Bernie's not even a Democrat and Liz Warren has too much baggage. If her GOP opponent wasn't so far up Trump's ass I'd have liked to see her lose her senate seat. A moderate capable of appealing to flyover country working class types and/or someone with strong military credentials is probably the only way to go. Until these bitter and scared boomers start dying off I think Trump and his ilk are fairly safe.

ER757

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:06 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Senator Patty Murray would be my choice, although I don't think she will run. I think Kristen Gillibrand could make a run. And I'd love to see Kamala Harris run.

I think you have the wrong politician from Washington State. Every time I've heard Governor Inslee speak in the past two years, he sounds very much like he's running for higher office. I would be quite surprised if he didn't throw his hat in the ring sometime next year

zakuivcustom

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:42 pm

No to Bernie and Biden for me. Personally I've no clue how Bernie even have support (I've actually listen to him, and seriously, he just stutter the same few ideals over and over anyway). Biden, well, likeable but no thanks to retreads.

Elizabeth Warren for me is just a more progressive Hillary - i.e. effective, some baggages, but zero charisma.

To me we need some Beto-type (Seriously hope Beto win against that POS call Ted Cruz) or at least an Andrew Gillum/Stacey Abrams-type (Again, hope both win next week). So I'm guessing Kamala Harris & Cory Booker for me, at least for the big name?

Oh well, things can change quickly anyway. My prediction is "none of the above".

einsteinboricua

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:12 pm

Jason Kander is still someone I'd like to see as a running mate. From the current available field of Democrats that are interested: Biden, Hickenlooper...and I wish Beto would run for office regardless of his success (or lack thereof) in TX's Senate race.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

AA747123

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:18 pm

I find it hilarious to look at this list. The democrats dont have anyone! Nothing! Trump is un-beatable in 2020!

NIKV69

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 pm

mbmbos wrote:

LOL believe me if you don't run Biden you are looking at another election night of melting down and saying President Trump. Kamala Harris and Patty Murray are zealots who have no intention of working together and stand little to no chance. If Hillary couldn't win how can they?
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

keesje

Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:57 am

Tim Geithner, Kamala Harris, Ash Carter, Cory Booker, Bob Casey?
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

WarRI1

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:26 am

keesje wrote:
Tim Geithner, Kamala Harris, Ash Carter, Cory Booker, Bob Casey?

Watch out for Oprah, she was talking politics with a friend who wants her to run. She is no Hillary or Bernie or Elizabeth.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

DocLightning

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:02 am

AA747123 wrote:
! Trump is un-beatable in 2020!

Excellent. You don't need to vote, then. Tuesday, in two years. Just stay at home. It's all in the bag. :D

I wish Klobuchar would run. No scandals, middle-America, adorable accent, trustworthy grandmotherly type, posts recipes to her FB page. I think she'd be awesome.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

seahawk

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 am

The actual problem is that candidates who could win the presidential election, have no chance to win the nomination. The primaries will favour progressive leftist types, while the presidential election needs somebody more in the centre and also appealing to conservatives that are not right wing.

In the end they either have a candidate that will appeal to the party and will mobilize their supporters, but be too left and progressive to stand a chance, or a candidate more in the middle, but this won´t mobilize the supporters and many might even stay at home on election day. (Hillary effect)

einsteinboricua

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:37 am

seahawk wrote:
The actual problem is that candidates who could win the presidential election, have no chance to win the nomination. The primaries will favour progressive leftist types, while the presidential election needs somebody more in the centre and also appealing to conservatives that are not right wing.

Sadly, I think you are right. I can still see the "primaries were rigged" arguments being made all over.

mbmbos

Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:15 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

LOL believe me if you don't run Biden you are looking at another election night of melting down and saying President Trump. Kamala Harris and Patty Murray are zealots who have no intention of working together and stand little to no chance. If Hillary couldn't win how can they?

LOL! According to your world view women will never be elected in the U.S., nor should they try. Yes, it is true that no matter who the female candidate who tosses her hat into the ring, they will be smeared as "zealots" who have "no intention of working together" and "stand little to no chance." You are merely the template for the whole smear campaign to come.

And to portray Murray, Harris or Gillibrand as zealots is so revealing. None of them are zealots. None are extremists. You're merely projecting on your own radicalization.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

mbmbos

Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:16 pm

ER757 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

I think you have the wrong politician from Washington State. Every time I've heard Governor Inslee speak in the past two years, he sounds very much like he's running for higher office. I would be quite surprised if he didn't throw his hat in the ring sometime next year

Oh, I agree that Murray most likely will not run. Probably why I like her. She's a policy maker, not a personality. Sadly, that's what we really need.
- R.M. Rilke

zakuivcustom

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:02 pm

DocLightning wrote:
Excellent. You don't need to vote, then. Tuesday, in two years. Just stay at home. It's all in the bag.

Better yet, he should tell all of his friends and relatives (assuming they're not meth-out) to stay home also. Drumpf is "winning" either way. Alle heil der Führer Drumpf!

mbmbos wrote:
She's a policy maker, not a personality. Sadly, that's what we really need.

I do agree - very often the most effective "policymaker" are also some of the most boring people (i.e. zero charisma) when they speak. Like it or not, charisma and personality matters. Plus being young and charismic had been the winning formula for Democrats lately (Basically ever since JFK, Jimmy Carter being the sole exception, and he only lasted a single term).

FTMCPIUS

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:24 pm

I think Trump made a deal with Nikki Haley. After the mid-terms he will announce he does not intend to run in 2020 and supports Haley if she chooses to do so. I believe she will.

910A

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:44 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

Considering your track record picking Presidential candidates over the past decade (How is President Cuomo working out?) just can't take you seriously. Then you think Cathy McMorris Rodgers would make a good Speaker of the House, here she is fighting for her political life in a race that's too close to call.

mbmbos

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:55 pm

910A wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

Considering your track record picking Presidential candidates over the past decade (How is President Cuomo working out?) just can't take you seriously. Then you think Cathy McMorris Rodgers would make a good Speaker of the House, here she is fighting for her political life in a race that's too close to call.

Huh? What are you smoking? What is all this bitchiness about?

Show me where I have ever supported Cuomo. Show me where I have said Rodgers would make a good Speaker.
- R.M. Rilke

seb146

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:30 pm

What about a moderate Republican defecting and running as a moderate Democrat? John Kasich? White evangelical middle aged.... he checks all the right wing boxes (except racist) and is willing to include Democrats and progressives. You know: women, Latinos, gays, etc.

Or John Hickenlooper, governor of Colorado? Again, checks all the boxes (except racist) and is willing to include Republicans.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

cledaybuck

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
What about a moderate Republican defecting and running as a moderate Democrat? John Kasich? White evangelical middle aged.... he checks all the right wing boxes (except racist) and is willing to include Democrats and progressives. You know: women, Latinos, gays, etc.

Or John Hickenlooper, governor of Colorado? Again, checks all the boxes (except racist) and is willing to include Republicans.
John Kasich is not a democrat. He is just a republican with a brain and a sense of decency.

P1aneMad

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:07 pm

That's an easy one.

Pocahontas 2020!

trpmb6

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm

seb146 wrote:

That was tried in the last election.

Primaries are won by moving to the left.

General elections are won by moving to the center and not pissing off your left base so much that they vote green party.

seb146

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
seb146 wrote:

John Kasich is not a democrat. He is just a republican with a brain and a sense of decency.

Which is why Republicans don't like him. He would not be an extremist who is only in it for ratings. An actual politician that everyone can get behind but, rather, he is not one the media can get behind. Remember, it is the media who wants controversy. They have to make money before educating the public.

seb146

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Why is acceptable and wonderful to have right wing extremists running and winning elections but horrible to have left wing extremists running and winning elections? Seems like two sides of the same coin.

einsteinboricua

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
Why is acceptable and wonderful to have right wing extremists running and winning elections but horrible to have left wing extremists running and winning elections? Seems like two sides of the same coin.

Far-sided politics is never a good thing. I am not in favor of right-wing extremists being elected, but I certainly don't want left-wing extremists winning either. The reason right-wing extremists keep getting elected is because they are supported by people who hold their nose when voting, knowing that even thought they're too much, their views mostly align. Compare that to the "progressives" who continually whined about how "establishment Democrats" were really conservatives.

A GOP voter (who actively supports their nominee and not because they're voting against the others) knows that if they can get 50% of what they want from a Tea Party/far-right kook, then they can count on their support.

Some Democrats, on the other hand, pout and stomp if their progressive candidate doesn't get the nomination, even if the elected nominee's views align with theirs.

I still say, 2016 awoke the Democratic Party's version of the Tea Party. I think most are united under disdain for Trump and Republicans, but had Trump and congressional Republicans been conventional politicians (no scandals, no outrages, etc.), Democrats would definitely be on their way to remain the minority in the House. We'll see if the divisions show up again during the 2020 election, when primaries will likely pit centrists vs establishment vs progressives.

LittleFokker

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:51 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Far-sided politics is never a good thing. I am not in favor of right-wing extremists being elected, but I certainly don't want left-wing extremists winning either. The reason right-wing extremists keep getting elected is because they are supported by people who hold their nose when voting, knowing that even thought they're too much, their views mostly align. Compare that to the "progressives" who continually whined about how "establishment Democrats" were really conservatives.

A GOP voter (who actively supports their nominee and not because they're voting against the others) knows that if they can get 50% of what they want from a Tea Party/far-right kook, then they can count on their support.

Moderation at face value isn't bad. But it's helpful to remember that based on the positions each party espouses, the middle of each party is way further to the right compared to the various parties of other nations around the world. The Democrats have a lot of room to swing further left and the middle wouldn't be out of balance internationally.

Contrasting though with party positions is American viewpoints on individual issues, which indicate that the population is way further left than the policy positions of the parties would indicate. Lots of Republicans have a viewpoint on many individual issues counter to the party that they proudly vote for. This is, of course, caused by legalized bribery (I mean, lobbying) rather than actually listening to constituents.

Bottom line - taking the moderate candidate for the sake of moderation doesn't necessarily result in the greatest good without lifting the rug and seeing what that really means.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

WarRI1

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 am

https://www.msnbc.com/velshi-ruhle/watc ... 2?v=raila&

I agree with her speech, and the facts and points she used to describe this bigoted country are 100 % correct.

Ken777

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:27 am

The first big question is will Trump still be President for the 2020 Election. If Mueller delivers more than Trump wants then. Trump faces some big decisions. If the Dems win the House then those decisions are going to be even tougher. But Trump is supposed to be a great negotiator. Considering that his kids could be in the line of fire as much as he will be I think he will negotiate his departure with Pence. Pence gets to be Presidents and he gets the whole family pardoned.

That changes the game for the Dems. Some solid middle ground, experienced politicians, and lots of GOP "retirements". This could bring in Biden to the game with a Warren or Booker as VP.

Of course, if Trump gets a no prison deal the question would be which GOP politicians would be challenging Pence?

WarRI1

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:31 am

Ken777 wrote:
The first big question is will Trump still be President for the 2020 Election. If Mueller delivers more than Trump wants then. Trump faces some big decisions. If the Dems win the House then those decisions are going to be even tougher. But Trump is supposed to be a great negotiator. Considering that his kids could be in the line of fire as much as he will be I think he will negotiate his departure with Pence. Pence gets to be Presidents and he gets the whole family pardoned.

That changes the game for the Dems. Some solid middle ground, experienced politicians, and lots of GOP "retirements". This could bring in Biden to the game with a Warren or Booker as VP.

Of course, if Trump gets a no prison deal the question would be which GOP politicians would be challenging Pence?

We can only hope for such a scenario.

zakuivcustom

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
Which is why Republicans don't like him. He would not be an extremist who is only in it for ratings. An actual politician that everyone can get behind but, rather, he is not one the media can get behind. Remember, it is the media who wants controversy. They have to make money before educating the public.

And personally I find it VERY funny that somehow even Kasich is a RINO or even "a Democrat" (as some far-right call him). I mean, anti-abortion, pro-school voucher, pro-balance budget. I guess just b/c he's not hardline anti-illegal immigration (even though he was for amending 14th amendment, at least initially), somewhat moderate in LGBT issue (and only "moderate" in a sense that while he's anti-gay marriage, he's not going to push for laws that would change the pro-gay marriage ruling), and of course, think man-made climate change exist, or worst, expand Medicaid (even though he do so b/c he knows it benefits Ohioan, and Ohioan enjoys that) makes him a "Democrat" :white: .

P.S. I did vote for Kasich, as a vanity/protest vote, in 2016 primary, so there's that.
P.S. For god sake, President Pence would be a nightmare for anyone that's not extreme social conservative. Not to mention, you are going to have state-run TV that does nothing but promote Pence, and of course, his ultra conservative evangelical views (Sign, someone that lives in Indiana and absolutely hate him).

CarlosSi

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Yeah I have no idea. I voted for Bernie, but back then it was an easy choice against Clinton, and we needed that passion and someone who had all these progressive ideas to get behind, but I’m not sure. I’d be fine with Biden, Sanders, or Warren as president, but the real question is who can beat Trump, not what particular policy we want or who’s the most progressive.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:26 pm

the real question is who can beat Trump, not what particular policy we want or who’s the most progressive.

IOW, it’s about winning, not what they do with it. So far, Trump has done all he claimed—new NAFTA, check; lower taxes, check; reduce regulation (centralized power), check; conservative Federal judges, check; open discussion on immigration, check; bring growth back to 3%-4% and wages up, check. The problem is for all his bombastic nonsense, he delivers.

GF
Last edited by GalaxyFlyer on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:27 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

Hope is all you got and it’s not a strategy or good politics.

GF

seahawk

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:43 pm

CarlosSi wrote:
Yeah I have no idea. I voted for Bernie, but back then it was an easy choice against Clinton, and we needed that passion and someone who had all these progressive ideas to get behind, but I’m not sure. I’d be fine with Biden, Sanders, or Warren as president, but the real question is who can beat Trump, not what particular policy we want or who’s the most progressive.

That is why Trump will win. To win the candidate needs to be rather conservative for a Democrat, but any such candidate will de damaged after the primaries, even if he wins them at all. It is exactly what destroyed Hillary. How do you believe to convince people, not decided between the 2 presidential candidates, to vote for your candidate, when the party supporting your candidate has made it public, that they think that the candidate is bad choice.

CarlosSi

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:45 pm

seahawk wrote:
CarlosSi wrote:

That is why Trump will win. To win the candidate needs to be rather conservative for a Democrat, but any such candidate will de damaged after the primaries, even if he wins them at all. It is exactly what destroyed Hillary. How do you believe to convince people, not decided between the 2 presidential candidates, to vote for your candidate, when the party supporting your candidate has made it public, that they think that the candidate is bad choice.

You would think his garbage would make him an easy candidate to beat, but too many people support him and agree with his nonsense, even if he doesn’t know what he’s talking about an unacceptable amount of the time, or making things up.

seb146

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:12 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
the real question is who can beat Trump, not what particular policy we want or who’s the most progressive.

IOW, it’s about winning, not what they do with it. So far, Trump has done all he claimed—new NAFTA, check; lower taxes, check; reduce regulation (centralized power), check; conservative Federal judges, check; open discussion on immigration, check; bring growth back to 3%-4% and wages up, check. The problem is for all his bombastic nonsense, he delivers.

GF

He made NAFTA worse for Americans, "lower" taxes have made things great for the very wealthy but added to the debt, conservative judges legislating from the bench only hurts non-Christian, non-hetoerosexual, non-white Americans, "open discussion" on immigration is "very fine" white nationalists taking over.

He has delivered hate and crushing debt and low wage jobs.

seb146

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:18 pm

CarlosSi wrote:
seahawk wrote:
CarlosSi wrote:

You would think his garbage would make him an easy candidate to beat, but too many people support him and agree with his nonsense, even if he doesn’t know what he’s talking about an unacceptable amount of the time, or making things up.

One of the biggest problems I saw was the Bernie Bros were not willing to compromise. Compromise sucks but, at least your voice is heard. No, Hillary was not that great but she would have been head and shoulders above what we have now. And I blame Bernie Bros for this complete and utter fiasco. Even though she won the popular vote by about 3,000,000 and Democrats got more votes overall in Congressional races, I blame Bernie Bros.

Whoever becomes the Democratic nominee, I will support them 100%. Literally anyone with a (D) behind their name is better than the orange man baby we have now.

StarAC17

Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:01 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
No to Bernie and Biden for me. Personally I've no clue how Bernie even have support (I've actually listen to him, and seriously, he just stutter the same few ideals over and over anyway). Biden, well, likeable but no thanks to retreads.

Bernie has support because his main issues garner support among a lot of voters. They see the government acting in the interest of the rich and the issues the average citizen cares about he speaks to.

seahawk wrote:

In the end they either have a candidate that will appeal to the party and will mobilize their supporters, but be too left and progressive to stand a chance, or a candidate more in the middle, but this won´t mobilize the supporters and many might even stay at home on election day. (Hillary effect)

Lesson for the democrats, don't listen to what conservatives say regarding who can be elected because when you run as GOP-lite you lose. Hillary was as centrist as you can get in 2016 and she lost, and I think it is funny that the GOP really hates the moderate democrats more than the real leftists. They hate Hillary and Pelosi but don't really seem to hate Sanders or any of the so called justice democrats.

100 million people who were eligible to vote didn't in 2016, look at getting them out and expanding the democratic base and not catering to moderate conservatives which is what is being done now for next weeks midterms and this is what Bernie did. The GOP has excellent support among their base but that base is not growing it is shrinking.

I would like the democrats to run someone like Richard Ojeda who is an attack dog whom will challenge Trump when he gets dirty or someone like Beto whom can fight the noise and has energy (something Hillary failed at). More so than the issues the democrats need a fighter which Obama was when he was campaigning but not so much while governing.
Both of these guys winning on Tuesday will be a great boost to the democrats.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

CarlosSi

Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
CarlosSi wrote:
seahawk wrote:

One of the biggest problems I saw was the Bernie Bros were not willing to compromise. Compromise sucks but, at least your voice is heard. No, Hillary was not that great but she would have been head and shoulders above what we have now. And I blame Bernie Bros for this complete and utter fiasco. Even though she won the popular vote by about 3,000,000 and Democrats got more votes overall in Congressional races, I blame Bernie Bros.

Whoever becomes the Democratic nominee, I will support them 100%. Literally anyone with a (D) behind their name is better than the orange man baby we have now.

You’re certainly right, but all this talk about not voting for the lesser evil brought down excitement about going out and voting. The fact that there was foul play at large didn’t help the DNC with their cause. #DemExit.

I cast my vote to Clinton, definitely upset Bernie didn’t get that nomination and about the scams, but I think things just would’ve been relatively stable and we would be talking about real concerns, not about imaginary, evil space aliens coming from Nicaragua out to disintegrate us and/or destroy our economy by getting free universal health care and college we already have.

ER757

Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Ken777 wrote:

Even if the house goes to the Dems and even if Mueller finds convincing evidence to impeach, remember the only way Trump gets removed from office is by a 2/3 vote of the Senate on the impeachment. There's more chance I'll be named the next Pope than for that to happen. Like him or not (I don't by the way), he's going to be POTUS and run again in 2020 unless he becomes medically unable, which considering his age and the shape he's in is not un-thinkable

seahawk

Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:18 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
Lesson for the democrats, don't listen to what conservatives say regarding who can be elected because when you run as GOP-lite you lose. Hillary was as centrist as you can get in 2016 and she lost, and I think it is funny that the GOP really hates the moderate democrats more than the real leftists. They hate Hillary and Pelosi but don't really seem to hate Sanders or any of the so called justice democrats.

100 million people who were eligible to vote didn't in 2016, look at getting them out and expanding the democratic base and not catering to moderate conservatives which is what is being done now for next weeks midterms and this is what Bernie did. The GOP has excellent support among their base but that base is not growing it is shrinking.

I would like the democrats to run someone like Richard Ojeda who is an attack dog whom will challenge Trump when he gets dirty or someone like Beto whom can fight the noise and has energy (something Hillary failed at). More so than the issues the democrats need a fighter which Obama was when he was campaigning but not so much while governing.
Both of these guys winning on Tuesday will be a great boost to the democrats.

No, you loose when your own party only half-heartedly supports your own candidate and when the opponents in your party put the candidate in same corner as the GOP does.

There is one big difference between the right and the left. The right does everything to win, the Left prefers to do everything to feel good about themselves.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:26 am

seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

He made NAFTA worse for Americans, "lower" taxes have made things great for the very wealthy but added to the debt, conservative judges legislating from the bench only hurts non-Christian, non-hetoerosexual, non-white Americans, "open discussion" on immigration is "very fine" white nationalists taking over.

Everybody’s marginal tax rate was lowered, how did that benefit only the very wealthy? So, liberal judges legislating from the bench is ok? I remember Dems, like Krugman, predicting economic disaster, crashing stocks after the election. How that prediction work out?

I think he’s a buffoon, couldn’t believe he’d run let alone get elected, but he said he’d win when everyone was saying 85% sure thing for Hilary—he won. He hasn’t failed to deliver yet.

GF

WarRI1

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:01 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

Hope is all you got and it’s not a strategy or good politics.

GF

We shall see, the American way, never count your chickens, but keep hoping.

seb146

Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:26 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Everybody’s marginal tax rate was lowered, how did that benefit only the very wealthy?

For one, prices are rising because of inflation. The very wealthy do not care but us down here working for a living, it hurts. Plus, the very wealthy can move their assets off shore and pay even fewer taxes anyway. Something we working folk do not have the luxury of doing.

So, liberal judges legislating from the bench is ok?[/qutoe]

I didn't say it was. The problem is how hypocritical Republicans are. The whole "we would NEVER do that!" angle. Once again proving they want everyone to follow what they say and not what they do.

I remember Dems, like Krugman, predicting economic disaster, crashing stocks after the election. How that prediction work out?

And the orange man baby said he and he alone would give us low cost health care, lower the debt, lower the deficit, make peace with every nation, a friend of the LGBTQ+ community, blah, blah, blah. Literally NONE of that happened. The only thing he has managed to do is get millions for him and his millionaire buddies.

I think he’s a buffoon, couldn’t believe he’d run let alone get elected, but he said he’d win when everyone was saying 85% sure thing for Hilary—he won. He hasn’t failed to deliver yet.

You just pointed out that "everyone" said the market would crash, too. Maybe quit listening to "experts" and actually see what is really happening around you. Anti-semites shooing up synagogues, anti-minority bigots sending bombs to political opponents, hateful, narrow minded bigots endorsed by the Republican party, ballots being thrown out because of the color of the voter's skin.

I will admit he has made America hate again. So much better than trying to unite the country. Divide and conquer.

propero

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:43 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Sadly, I think you are right. I can still see the "primaries were rigged" arguments being made all over.

I’m sorry ... what?!

That has certainly been proven on the Republican side, but not the Democrat side. (Remember Hillary?)

EB you’re smarter than to be baited to agree with such a dumb claim.

einsteinboricua

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:50 am

propero wrote:
EB you’re smarter than to be baited to agree with such a dumb claim.

Oh I know the claim has no basis, but I'm just anticipating the sore losers when (if) their progressive candidate fails to get the nomination and their potential pouting and whining.