DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Re: US military to send 5,200 troops, helicopters, heavy equipment to border

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:45 am

seb146 wrote:
This migrant caravan that is still 1000 miles away from the United States/Mexico boarder will be facing unregulated groups of men with private firearms who believe they are sent by the government to protect the borders. That is bad enough but their dear leader said it was okay to shoot

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/us/offic ... index.html

This will probably also be used as justification by Republican nationalists to shoot counter protesters......

It's probably smart to send the troops there this far in advance, to train an acclimate for different contingencies they might face in Operation Faithful Patriot. And to clear up what their Rules of Engagement will be.

Here are members of the 89th Military Police and 541st Engineering Company, 19th Engineering Battalion at Fort Knox, Ky., being briefed upon arrival Wednesday at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.

Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

seb146

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This migrant caravan that is still 1000 miles away from the United States/Mexico boarder will be facing unregulated groups of men with private firearms who believe they are sent by the government to protect the borders. That is bad enough but their dear leader said it was okay to shoot

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/us/offic ... index.html

This will probably also be used as justification by Republican nationalists to shoot counter protesters......

It's probably smart to send the troops there this far in advance, to train an acclimate for different contingencies they might face in Operation Faithful Patriot. And to clear up what their Rules of Engagement will be.

Here are members of the 89th Military Police and 541st Engineering Company, 19th Engineering Battalion at Fort Knox, Ky., being briefed upon arrival Wednesday at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.

I was not talking about the already stretched thin military. I was talking about the weekend warriors who use the label "militia" to justify them hating and stockpiling ammo. When they get out there along side the military, it will be a nightmare.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

ltbewr

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:37 am

Some news report are saying, per Trump 'beautiful' barbed wire is being installed by US military forces near certain border crossing in TX. These people are fleeing the most violent areas of the world, controlled by gang-cartels that have control of all levels of government, extort millions a week from poor workers, kidnappings, drug dealing. Maybe instead of sending troops to the borders we should invade (again) some of these central American countries to support the governments there in trying to rid of these criminal groups.
This is getting uglier ever day, in part due to the twisted beliefs of Pres. Trump, but also due to generations of failure of dealing with illegal immigration that a large plurality if not a majority of Americans want dealt with.

A3801000

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:49 pm

'U.S. military declined draft request from Trump administration to build migrant detention facilities as part of Mexico border mission - U.S. officials'

https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/sta ... 3699831815

Looks like the US Military is not interested building concentration camps for mothers with children. Good on them.

NIKV69

Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:05 pm

The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

2122M

Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:30 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's what they're doing in Europe for border control. A 10 foot high electrified border fence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... fence.html

You want the US to be more like Hungary?

Ken777

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:31 pm

Apparently no one told Trump that troops "at home" have a couple of important tasks. First is spending time any home after a deployment - very important for career personnel. Then there is training for the next deployment - also very important. Toss in the need for everyone to take their 30 days leave and the need to spend the Holiday Season with their family. (I spent 1 out of 4 Christmases with my family when I was in the Navy.)

Trump is totally ignorant of these needs, even if he is the Commander in Chief. It's more important for him to spend around $200 Million on his propaganda effort of fear. Impressive.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:35 pm

2122M wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's what they're doing in Europe for border control. A 10 foot high electrified border fence.

I want the US to be less the rest of the EU.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

2122M

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:54 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
2122M wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I want the US to be less the rest of the EU.

More like Hungary, less like Germany. Gotcha.

Feel free to do your own research comparing those two countries on standards of living, strength of economy, or basically any other metric including crime and safety.

DGVT

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:08 pm

I don’t really care if Trump builds a wall or sends some troops there, the question is rather does it make sense economically? Has anybody conducted a cost-benefit analysis on the wall or is this like a strongman project found in some dictatorial communist states?

salttee

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 pm

DGVT wrote:
I don’t really care if Trump builds a wall or sends some troops there, the question is rather does it make sense economically? Has anybody conducted a cost-benefit analysis on the wall or is this like a strongman project found in some dictatorial communist states?

By far the best cost / benefit way to handle the illegal immigrant problem is to issue hefty fines and confiscate the businesses and farms of people who hire illegal immigrants. It is also the most just way and the one and only way that is guaranteed to actually permanently solve the problem.

Of course doing this would inconvenience a lot of GOP donors.

ER757

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:25 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Do any of these people have jobs? They just can "head on down to the border" whenever and stay how however long? This has the potential to get really ugly

AA747123

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:08 am

DGVT wrote:

How can you even put a price on our nations security? That caravan is composed almost entirely of very dangerous people. Murderers, rapist, drug dealers, gang members all wanting to do harm to the American people and undermine our democracy.

How can anyone put a price tag on this? Thats why I said the use of deadly force should be used to stop these people.

DGVT

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:57 am

AA747123 wrote:
DGVT wrote:

How can you even put a price on our nations security? That caravan is composed almost entirely of very dangerous people. Murderers, rapist, drug dealers, gang members all wanting to do harm to the American people and undermine our democracy.

How can anyone put a price tag on this? Thats why I said the use of deadly force should be used to stop these people.

Of course security has a price tag. The government is limited by fiscal constraints. Even in the times of war bonds costs and benefits were weighed against each other.

If security didn’t have a price tag, a country would theoretically have a unlimted army guaranteeing absolute security.

NIKV69

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:11 am

ER757 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Do any of these people have jobs? They just can "head on down to the border" whenever and stay how however long? This has the potential to get really ugly

What do you think would happen if a caravan of thousands of Americans stormed the Mexico border? You think the Federales would hug us? Come on.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

seb146

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:51 am

salttee wrote:
DGVT wrote:

By far the best cost / benefit way to handle the illegal immigrant problem is to issue hefty fines and confiscate the businesses and farms of people who hire illegal immigrants. It is also the most just way and the one and only way that is guaranteed to actually permanently solve the problem.

Of course doing this would inconvenience a lot of GOP donors.

There are those who come here illegally simply because of wages. There are others who come here illegally because that is safer and a much better option than living under oppression and violence in their home country. Does anyone know what it takes to leave your home country? How much violence and chaos there has to be to leave home not knowing if you are even going to be accepted but that is a much better option than what is at home?

seb146

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:55 am

AA747123 wrote:
DGVT wrote:

The migrant caravan is still 1000 miles away and walking. They are not a heavily armed and well funded military operation.

My biggest fear is these wanna be troopers will just open fire. On foxes, on American civilians, on illegals, on American soldiers, on each other.....

A3801000

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:48 am

AA747123 wrote:

That caravan is composed almost entirely of very dangerous people. Murderers, rapist, drug dealers, gang members all wanting to do harm to the American people and undermine our democracy.

Wow, Trump must really love you. Do you work on your trolling skills or are you really not able to see what is reality?
Looks like Trumps strategy of scaring the not so smart ones works out.

salttee

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:52 am

A3801000 wrote:
Wow, Trump must really love you. Do you work on your trolling skills or are you really not able to see what is reality?

If everyone would flag this troll we might get rid of him and make this forum a bit less of a food fight.

But you're just feeding the troll.

LMP737

Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:14 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-military-readying-send-5000-troops-border-officials/story?id=58830081

The U.S. military announced Monday that, by the end of the week, it will send 5,200 active duty troops to the southwest border, as well as helicopters and heavy equipment to build new barriers, to meet a request from the Department of Homeland Security to augment resources in anticipation of the arrival of two caravans of migrants currently in Mexico. Gen. Terrence O'Shaughnessy described the 5,200 troops to be deployed as just “the start of this operation” that could be adjusted as needed.

In announcing the deployment, the head of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) cited concerns over the migrant caravans as reasons why his agency was adding 1,000 personnel along the border and requesting assistance from the Department of Defense. He said the caravan in Mexico now numbers 3,500 people and cited a second group of 3,000 that has become a concern because it has had violent interactions with security personnel as it attempted to enter Mexico Sunday. Last week, in an exclusive interview with ABC News, Vice President Mike Pence would not rule out the option of closing down the border ahead of the midterm elections.

The President ran on securing the border. Another promise being kept. Thank goodness President Trump is a man of action.

A little cut and past from another thread.

Immigration is not the reason this country is $20 trillion in debt, it's not the reason our roads and bridges are falling apart, not the reason why our kids are doing active shoter drills in school, not the reason for a seemingly endless war in the middle east. You see these issues are a whole lot more important than birthright citizenship/ immigration. However there are people in positions of power that don't want you to think about those issues so they find something to distract you with. And if you think that does not happen then you are naive.

Let me add that the reason a lot of these people are showing up on our southern border are due in part to past and present foreign and domestic policies of this country. So don't be surprised when those policies cause death and chaos people come looking for a place to stay.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

seb146

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 am

salttee wrote:
A3801000 wrote:

If everyone would flag this troll we might get rid of him and make this forum a bit less of a food fight.

But you're just feeding the troll.

Who? A380 or A747?

ER757

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:26 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
ER757 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

What do you think would happen if a caravan of thousands of Americans stormed the Mexico border? You think the Federales would hug us? Come on.

Absolutely not, I am sure there would be a response. I have NO PROBLEM with the US military going down there. I actually support Trump on curtailing illegal immigration. My issue is with these pretend soldier boys deciding it's time to take up arms and head off on a cowboy posse. This can't end well.

WildcatYXU

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 pm

2122M wrote:
More like Hungary, less like Germany. Gotcha.

Feel free to do your own research comparing those two countries on standards of living, strength of economy, or basically any other metric including crime and safety.

Well, if the USA would be ever able to achieve the same crime rate and level of safety as Hungary, it would be a massive improvement
310, 319, 320, 321, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

seb146

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Now that the mid-term elections are over, the migrant caravan story will go away. The wanna be soldiers who are waiting to open fire on anything that moves will get bored and leave over the next couple of weeks, anyway.

Dutchy

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:01 pm

seb146 wrote:
Now that the mid-term elections are over, the migrant caravan story will go away. The wanna be soldiers who are waiting to open fire on anything that moves will get bored and leave over the next couple of weeks, anyway.

Probably, just an election stunt. Fear mongering and it works unfortunately.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

LMP737

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Probably, just an election stunt. Fear mongering and it works unfortunately.

That's what I've been trying to say!
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

SRQLOT

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
ER757 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Maybe not hug us, but out of one million US citizens living in Mexico about 800,000 are there illegally. So some irony there. Most are retirees and I would imagine Mexico would probably welcome more as they do put some $$$ into the economy.