salttee

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:13 pm

DL717 wrote:
BerenErchamion wrote:
What astounds me about this sort of nonsense that willfully-ignorant knuckle-draggers like yourself post is the complete and utter absence of any sense of history that it reveals. No understanding of the concept that things change over time, that the present is different from the past and the future will also be different, that people make decisions and those decisions have real-world impacts......

Hate to break it to you, but the more things change, the more they stay the same. They just make it seem a little nicer by giving it a paycheck and calling it good.

It's hard to tell if you're really as ignorant as you're coming across or if you're just trying to be a smart alec; either way you've made yourself irrelevant in a rational discussion.

LMP737

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:07 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:

You are free to completely ignore Frum’s advice. But for a group of people who sure as shit like to constantly claim you’re “on the right side of history”, the current state of world affairs ain’t exactly going according to plan, now is it?

And you are completely free to be played like a cheap violin.

I can't help but notice you chose to ignore the facts that I laid out. Instead you went on a sanctimonious rant. So let me lay it out for you again. Immigration has very little to do with the $20 trillion dollar deficit we currently have, nor the crumbling infrastructure, or this seemingly endless war we are involved in. Speaking of war let also add that we can thank past and current foreign policies of this country as part of the reason some of these people are showing up on our door step.

Now if you think that immigrants are reason are the reason we are $20 trillion in debt or why our infrastructure is falling apart or that immigration is more important than the two please lay out your case.

FreequentFlier wrote:
I’m honestly getting kind of tired beating this drum because I’m clearly wasting my time here,

Guess who put that drum in your hand that you so love to beat? Here's a hint, his last name starts with T. The reason he put it there is that he doesn't want you talking about that other stuff because he either has no idea on how to solve it or just doesn't care.

FreequentFlier wrote:
but you might want to start say, I dunno, maybe taking at least a single solitary second thinking about why those plans are off track and whether you should recalibrate a bit.

Like maybe rethinking our foreign policy? Or possibly our illicit drugs policy. Both of which are contributing factors as to why people show up at our door looking for a place to live.

FreequentFlier wrote:
Calling everyone else a racist, homophobe or sexist doesn’t seem to be working so hot.

I've never called anyone those things on this forum. I will say this however. Using facts or pointing out that politicians will say/do things to distract you from more important issues is a very difficult way to overcome peoples pre-conceived notions or prejudices.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

Pi7472000

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 pm

California is an amazing state!!! Beautiful coast lines, wine, educated, friendly, hard working, and forward thinking people for the most part. Some parts of the state are still conservative, but Trump must be jealous he doesn't live in CA. CA might do much better as its own country! I hope CA continues to open its borders to immigrants as it has made CA one.of the most diverse, amazing and cultural places in the U.S.

DL717

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:57 am

salttee wrote:
DL717 wrote:
BerenErchamion wrote:
What astounds me about this sort of nonsense that willfully-ignorant knuckle-draggers like yourself post is the complete and utter absence of any sense of history that it reveals. No understanding of the concept that things change over time, that the present is different from the past and the future will also be different, that people make decisions and those decisions have real-world impacts......

Hate to break it to you, but the more things change, the more they stay the same. They just make it seem a little nicer by giving it a paycheck and calling it good.

It's hard to tell if you're really as ignorant as you're coming across or if you're just trying to be a smart alec; either way you've made yourself irrelevant in a rational discussion.

Really? It’s a pretty damn racist view when your argument for allowing illegal immigration is you won’t get your veggies without them.
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.

johnboy

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:52 pm

DL717 wrote:

Really? It’s a pretty damn racist view when your argument for allowing illegal immigration is you won’t get your veggies without them.

I’d much rather have 10 hard-working folks who cross the border for a better life than 1 racist, homophobic, Big Mac chewing, White Jesus-praying Trump supporter.

It just makes economic and moral sense.

skyservice_330

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:44 pm

Worry not, some of Trumps 'very fine people' can help deal with these sanctuary cities....

U.S. white nationalist leader, three others charged with inciting riots
Reuters
October 24, 2018

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The leader of a California-based white nationalist group and three others have been charged with attacking demonstrators and conspiring to incite riots at political rallies across the state, federal prosecutors said on Wednesday,

Robert Rundo, 28-year-old founder of the Rise Above Movement, was taken into custody on Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport.

Two other members of the group, Robert Boman, 25, and Tyler Laube, 22, were arrested on Wednesday morning, said Thom Mrozek, spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles. Aaron Eason, 38, remains at large.

"The allegations describe an orchestrated effort to squelch free speech as members of the conspiracy traveled to multiple locations to attack those who hold different views," U.S. Attorney Nick Hanna said in a statement.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-white-natio ... 06121.html