mdsh00
Topic Author
Posts: 4001
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 11:28 am

Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:30 am

https://m.sfgate.com/politics/article/Trump-says-Californians-are-rioting-sanctuary-city-13324781.php

According to the stable genius, Californians are rioting to "get out" of sanctuary cities.

I'm not sure if Trump has been watching Escape from LA recently but not sure where this whole "not being able to escape" narrative comes from, other than his Crazytown imagination

I can think of several things we Californians will riot over (craft beer, wine, In-N-Out, avocados, weed, small-batch hand-cafted fair trade single origin coffee) but not this.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 9161
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:38 am

Trump should cut back with the drugs....
This Singature is a safe space......
 
seb146
Posts: 18255
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:49 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Trump should cut back with the drugs....


Or actually take the ones prescribed to him.

I have read this and I just can't. I mean, what the actual eff is this??? It is bad enough that he believes this drivel that comes out of his mouth but there are enough people who worship him who believe this too. Some who post on this forum.

It is okay to disagree with him. You will not go to hell. Trust me. Come to our side. We have cookies and scones and great coffee. Not that nasty covfefe, but rich, dark, and flavorful coffee.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 7458
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:55 am

Mobilize the army and take back control of California.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 9161
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 am

seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


That would be unconstitutional... so yeah, Trump may do it.
But he is probably too busy counting all the bribes coming in.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6689
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:46 am

seb146 wrote:
It is okay to disagree with him. You will not go to hell. Trust me. Come to our side. We have cookies and scones and great coffee. Not that nasty covfefe, but rich, dark, and flavorful coffee.

And avocado toast. That's the main selling point.

tommy1808 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


That would be unconstitutional... so yeah, Trump may do it.
But he is probably too busy counting all the bribes coming in.

Best regards
Thomas
Don't feed the troll. Seahawk has already mentioned that he just plays devil's advocate. Though it would be interesting to see if Trump were to mobilize the army to take control of a state. Would his supporters fawn and be willing to ignore that pesky Constitution? They'd probably salivate at taking control of the biggest state in the Union if it means less liberals in Congress.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
anrec80
Posts: 1246
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:01 am

seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


Want to re-fight your Civil War?
 
User avatar
TSS
Posts: 2688
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:07 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
seb146 wrote:
It is okay to disagree with him. You will not go to hell. Trust me. Come to our side. We have cookies and scones and great coffee. Not that nasty covfefe, but rich, dark, and flavorful coffee.

And avocado toast. That's the main selling point.

(Note: I am a moderate, and not a Trump supporter. What follows is merely an observation.)
I think I'm seeing part of the problem with getting converts from the Trump camp: Cookies = Good. Great coffee = Good. Scones = Confusing and possibly foreign, but if you'd just call them "Super Thick Crispy Cookies", then they'd be good as well. But avocado toast, or avocado in any form except perhaps really good guacamole with enough lime juice and chili pepper in it so that you don't taste the avocado, is by no means a "selling point" to Trump supporters. If anything the fact that avocados are green on the outside, soft on the inside, and responsibly limit themselves to one possible offspring each makes them emblematic of the perceived problems with California, and the fact that they grow on trees out there only reinforces the suspicion surrounding them regardless of their flavor.

If you want to attract Trump supporters, you'll need to go with barbecue. Real, Honest-To-God barbecue, cooked outside on a grill and featuring as many different animals as possible. And the only green thing in any of the side dishes had better be the pickle chips in the potato salad. Posting signs all around that say ANYONE CAUGHT TRYING TO SMUGGLE IN TOFU, JACKFRUIT, OR SEITAN WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!" might be a nice touch as well.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16762
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:07 pm

California is one of the GOP's favorite bogeymen, like socialism, antifa, and sharia--none of which they understand, and none of which threaten them in any way. My favorite is republicans whining that they don't want Florida to turn into California. They should be so lucky.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Phew, now even Trump is getting that the angry mob is Republican.
 
seb146
Posts: 18255
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:01 pm

jetero wrote:
Phew, now even Trump is getting that the angry mob is Republican.


Unfortunately, he is using that as a plus. Like praising reporters being beaten and tortured and praising sexual assault and demanding political opponents be jailed for no reason.

Side note: I used to hold out hope that some Republicans were level headed and wanted the United States to be a more moderate nation. I no longer see that, so I will not be using the term "rightie" to separate average Republicans from the rabid and violent right. They are all Republicans.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
StarAC17
Posts: 3571
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:30 pm

seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


We'll gladly take them, throw in Oregon and Washington too for a continuous border. We'll take the Northeast too :bigthumbsup:

Signed Canada.

This meme was going around in 2004 and I'll take it :biggrin:

Image
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6689
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:37 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


We'll gladly take them, throw in Oregon and Washington too for a continuous border. We'll take the Northeast too :bigthumbsup:

Signed Canada.

This meme was going around in 2004 and I'll take it :biggrin:

Image

Take Virginia too. Imagine DC as an exclave of "Jesusland". However, WI, MI, and PA are on shaky ground. Thanks to them we got what we have now. Do you want them in the Dominion as well?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:45 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


We'll gladly take them, throw in Oregon and Washington too for a continuous border. We'll take the Northeast too :bigthumbsup:

Signed Canada.

This meme was going around in 2004 and I'll take it :biggrin:

Image

Take Virginia too. Imagine DC as an exclave of "Jesusland". However, WI, MI, and PA are on shaky ground. Thanks to them we got what we have now. Do you want them in the Dominion as well?


More like take all major cities in the U.S. and put walls around them.
 
bhill
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:28 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:47 pm

do what I do...anytime his voice is heard or his visage appears, turn the station or turn it off...your cardiac and mental health will thanks your for it.
Carpe Pices
 
StarAC17
Posts: 3571
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:06 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


We'll gladly take them, throw in Oregon and Washington too for a continuous border. We'll take the Northeast too :bigthumbsup:

Signed Canada.

This meme was going around in 2004 and I'll take it :biggrin:

Image

Take Virginia too. Imagine DC as an exclave of "Jesusland". However, WI, MI, and PA are on shaky ground. Thanks to them we got what we have now. Do you want them in the Dominion as well?


I will annex the following.

CA, OR, WA, HI, (New England all states), NY, IL, WI (for the continuous border), MN, IL, DE, MD, and VA. You can have DC (we will gladly take it off your hands though). PA you can keep MI maybe.

:biggrin: ;)
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!
 
johnboy
Posts: 2776
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:11 pm

seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.



Says the unstable keyboard warrior-genius. :roll:
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:15 pm

johnboy wrote:
Says the unstable keyboard warrior-genius. :roll:


Some people just take up space.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2642
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


We'll gladly take them, throw in Oregon and Washington too for a continuous border. We'll take the Northeast too :bigthumbsup:

Signed Canada.

This meme was going around in 2004 and I'll take it :biggrin:

Image

Take Virginia too. Imagine DC as an exclave of "Jesusland". However, WI, MI, and PA are on shaky ground. Thanks to them we got what we have now. Do you want them in the Dominion as well?


I should point out Nevada voted for Clinton, doesn't that get us in ?


Back on topic....The sad thing is, there are people who actually think their is rioting on the streets.....Sad
 
StarAC17
Posts: 3571
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:40 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:

We'll gladly take them, throw in Oregon and Washington too for a continuous border. We'll take the Northeast too :bigthumbsup:

Signed Canada.

This meme was going around in 2004 and I'll take it :biggrin:

Image

Take Virginia too. Imagine DC as an exclave of "Jesusland". However, WI, MI, and PA are on shaky ground. Thanks to them we got what we have now. Do you want them in the Dominion as well?


I should point out Nevada voted for Clinton, doesn't that get us in ?


Back on topic....The sad thing is, there are people who actually think their is rioting on the streets.....Sad


If the democrats win the senate race there (which looks tight) then I will consider it. :scratchchin:
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 18255
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:42 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
I should point out Nevada voted for Clinton, doesn't that get us in ?


I was wondering about Colorado. I guess they would just be their own landlocked, weed smoking, craft beer brewing nation. Count me in!

Back on topic....The sad thing is, there are people who actually think their is rioting on the streets.....Sad


*there

And, yes, there are people who actually believe that Portland is in complete anarchy, too. Because they hear or read the word "news" on a TV channel or web site and just assume it is honest news. There is no honest news in the United States. Let that be clear.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
johnboy
Posts: 2776
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
And, yes, there are people who actually believe that Portland is in complete anarchy, too. Because they hear or read the word "news" on a TV channel or web site and just assume it is honest news. There is no honest news in the United States. Let that be clear.




We refer to those people as “too stupid to put one foot in front of the other.”

I honestly think that ONE you’re referring to was dropped on his head multiple times as a baby.

From the 3rd floor.
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 21130
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:43 pm

It's crazy, I tell you.

I woke up this morning at 0515 to go to the gym as I usually do. I've learned to sleep through the shouting, the screams, the gunfire, and the explosions. I made my way down through the flickering lights and made my coffee. Getting to my car was a bit arduous today, what with having to dodge bullets and molotov cocktails. At the gym, I had a good workout, though. We did a lot of hurdle jump-overs today using piles of bodies as our hurdles. There are just so many, it's as good a use as any, I suppose.

Back at home, I ate one of my combat rations before showering (the water still works) and setting out to work. I've had to replace my car with an armored troop carrier. It's easier to bust through the picket lines and the puddles of flaming napalm on the freeway as I make my way up I-80 to work. We don't have a driveway, so I feel safer parking the vehicle on the street if it's protected by a few inches of steel.

I'm not seeing people coming in for blunt trauma or tear gas at work anymore. I think people realize that we just can't attend to such minor complaints. It's gunshot wounds, burns, and eviscerations that make it past triage. Of course, it's difficult to work when you have to wear full battle armor and keep an AR-15 strapped to you at all times for your own protection.

I do hope that our Glorious Dear Daddy Trump will help to squash these foreigners. When the riots die down, California will be great again.

...once the smoke clears.

Until then, wish me luck.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6689
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:08 am

DocLightning wrote:
It's crazy, I tell you.

This sounds like a sequel to Second Civil War Letters, except it's the California Log Entries. Maybe I can start a Twitter trend :)
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
seb146
Posts: 18255
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:22 am

My dearest Eunice:

The California riots are taking their toll. Spirits are low amongst the rioters as we are being told pumpkin spice rations are running out. Soon, we will be faced with the second wave forces from inland forcing us to write "Christmas" on green cups. We have been given a boost in morale by the arrival of gingerbread flavorings. We hope this will see us through.

Sincerely, Norbert

Not my best work, but I have been out of the ad writing game for a while, so
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 21130
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 am

seb146 wrote:
Spirits are low amongst the rioters as we are being told pumpkin spice rations are running out.


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done, sir.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:54 am

DocLightning wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Spirits are low amongst the rioters as we are being told pumpkin spice rations are running out.


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done, sir.


Shouldn't you be out preparing for the rioters?
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 21130
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:49 am

casinterest wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Spirits are low amongst the rioters as we are being told pumpkin spice rations are running out.


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done, sir.


Shouldn't you be out preparing for the rioters?


Way ahead of you, dude. How do you like my new house?

Image
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
salttee
Posts: 2741
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 am

Here in Marin it's absolute hell, people are draining their hot tubs in protest.
Not Sent from a crappy iPhone.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 7458
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 am

See Trump was right, even you liberlas admit it.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 10580
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:09 am

Trump should be listened to and read on twitter because some of the things he says have consequences, however if you don't follow what he says in his meetings I don't think you miss anything.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
Moose135
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:56 am

DocLightning wrote:
It's crazy, I tell you.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

seb146 wrote:
Spirits are low amongst the rioters as we are being told pumpkin spice rations are running out.

Not the pumpkin spice! The horror! :white: :laughing:
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:15 pm

anrec80 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


Want to re-fight your Civil War?


Nah, just save the poor state by removing 7% of its population back to where they belong.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/629 ... ates-2014/
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16762
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:43 pm

DL717 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


Want to re-fight your Civil War?


Nah, just save the poor state by removing 7% of its population back to where they belong.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/629 ... ates-2014/

Save California from what? Being the entertainment and technology capital of the world? The largest agricultural economy in the country? The fifth largest economy in the world? The place where everyone with money wants to move, including right wing nutjobs? What are we saving here? And does this "population removal" apply to other states, say--oh just spit-balling here--Iowa? As in Devin Nunes' family's farm that runs entirely on illegals? Or any of the farms in Iowa which would be dunzo without illegals?
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Well, in fairness, DL717’s plan would save water.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16762
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:01 pm

jetero wrote:
Well, in fairness, DL717’s plan would save water.

And they can finally redirect it all toward the fires. 3 birds, one stone.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:02 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
jetero wrote:
Well, in fairness, DL717’s plan would save water.

And they can finally redirect it all toward the fires. 3 birds, one stone.


Yes, they certainly can't let it flow down to Mexico!
 
WIederling
Posts: 6864
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm

anrec80 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


Want to re-fight your Civil War?


What a delight.
Much more small arms around than back then.
Murphy is an optimist
 
seb146
Posts: 18255
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:06 pm

DL717 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Mobilize the army and take back control of California.


Want to re-fight your Civil War?


Nah, just save the poor state by removing 7% of its population back to where they belong.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/629 ... ates-2014/


Actually, if you are talking strictly European history, California was controlled and fought over by Spain, Mexico, Russia, and England as well as the United States. With the help of the Catholic church, Mexico spread it's influence into Alta California (present day California) to north of San Francisco. Mexican citizens were all over the state when control of Alta California transferred from Mexican hands to American hands. I have been to Ft. Ross and thought I had read accounts of clashes between Russian and Mexican forces north of Santa Rosa.

The Chinese were imported as slaves by Americans, too, if you want to go down that road.

The more you know.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:53 pm

California is rioting and Trump thinks Michael Bolton is his National Security Advisor.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/10/23 ... ussia.html
 
wingman
Posts: 3494
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:31 pm

seb146 wrote:
Actually, if you are talking strictly European history, California was controlled and fought over by Spain, Mexico, Russia, and England as well as the United States. With the help of the Catholic church, Mexico spread it's influence into Alta California (present day California) to north of San Francisco. Mexican citizens were all over the state when control of Alta California transferred from Mexican hands to American hands. I have been to Ft. Ross and thought I had read accounts of clashes between Russian and Mexican forces north of Santa Rosa.

The Chinese were imported as slaves by Americans, too, if you want to go down that road.

The more you know.


Mexicans and Indians and every conceivable mixture of the two were roaming California and working the land long before these White Power dumbshits ever showed up and opened their racist pieholes. But lots of people are pretty ignorant. I stopped a woman in a parking lot in Portland last week after seeing her bumper sticker reading "Native Oregonian". I asked what tribe she was from and she looked positively dumbfounded and replied "excuse me?". So I told her I saw her bumper sticker and was wondering if maybe she was Shoshone or Umpqua. She muttered some kind of bullshit answer about being born in Oregon. A sticker reading "Ignorant Driver with Native Stupidity" would've been more appropriate. A lot of white racists tend to forget we weren't the first people in this country, we were just the first illegal immigrants. And we murdered millions to steal what we "own" today.

I'm not advocating repatriation or a mass exodus of Americans back to Europe, but it would be nice if people this racist and stupid would just keep their mouths shut and not embarrass themselves and their families. You can be that way but what do you achieve by letting the world know what you are? I guess posting anonymously online is the modern day equivalent of wearing a white hood.
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 2029
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 pm

wingman wrote:
I'm not advocating repatriation or a mass exodus of Americans back to Europe


Well if you need the space I've got a spare room and could fit a couple of slim ones in my shed. I assume the local council could rehouse some of the 180 million or so.

We are doing our bit across the ocean for our brethren of the Wet Left fighting in California. Tomorrow is the Bridge tournament and raffle to help fund Molotov lattes in San Diego. So hopefully I won't need to rehome several Americans like we did with evacuated children in World War Two.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:29 am

wingman wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Actually, if you are talking strictly European history, California was controlled and fought over by Spain, Mexico, Russia, and England as well as the United States. With the help of the Catholic church, Mexico spread it's influence into Alta California (present day California) to north of San Francisco. Mexican citizens were all over the state when control of Alta California transferred from Mexican hands to American hands. I have been to Ft. Ross and thought I had read accounts of clashes between Russian and Mexican forces north of Santa Rosa.

The Chinese were imported as slaves by Americans, too, if you want to go down that road.

The more you know.


Mexicans and Indians and every conceivable mixture of the two were roaming California and working the land long before these White Power dumbshits ever showed up and opened their racist pieholes. But lots of people are pretty ignorant. I stopped a woman in a parking lot in Portland last week after seeing her bumper sticker reading "Native Oregonian". I asked what tribe she was from and she looked positively dumbfounded and replied "excuse me?". So I told her I saw her bumper sticker and was wondering if maybe she was Shoshone or Umpqua. She muttered some kind of bullshit answer about being born in Oregon. A sticker reading "Ignorant Driver with Native Stupidity" would've been more appropriate. A lot of white racists tend to forget we weren't the first people in this country, we were just the first illegal immigrants. And we murdered millions to steal what we "own" today.

I'm not advocating repatriation or a mass exodus of Americans back to Europe, but it would be nice if people this racist and stupid would just keep their mouths shut and not embarrass themselves and their families. You can be that way but what do you achieve by letting the world know what you are? I guess posting anonymously online is the modern day equivalent of wearing a white hood.


Must be horrible carrying around all that guilt on your shoulders.
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 21130
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:51 am

DL717 wrote:
Nah, just save the poor state by removing 7% of its population back to where they belong.


Evidently, you don't like to eat produce.

It shows in your demeanor.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
seb146
Posts: 18255
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:58 am

DL717 wrote:
wingman wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Actually, if you are talking strictly European history, California was controlled and fought over by Spain, Mexico, Russia, and England as well as the United States. With the help of the Catholic church, Mexico spread it's influence into Alta California (present day California) to north of San Francisco. Mexican citizens were all over the state when control of Alta California transferred from Mexican hands to American hands. I have been to Ft. Ross and thought I had read accounts of clashes between Russian and Mexican forces north of Santa Rosa.

The Chinese were imported as slaves by Americans, too, if you want to go down that road.

The more you know.


Mexicans and Indians and every conceivable mixture of the two were roaming California and working the land long before these White Power dumbshits ever showed up and opened their racist pieholes. But lots of people are pretty ignorant. I stopped a woman in a parking lot in Portland last week after seeing her bumper sticker reading "Native Oregonian". I asked what tribe she was from and she looked positively dumbfounded and replied "excuse me?". So I told her I saw her bumper sticker and was wondering if maybe she was Shoshone or Umpqua. She muttered some kind of bullshit answer about being born in Oregon. A sticker reading "Ignorant Driver with Native Stupidity" would've been more appropriate. A lot of white racists tend to forget we weren't the first people in this country, we were just the first illegal immigrants. And we murdered millions to steal what we "own" today.

I'm not advocating repatriation or a mass exodus of Americans back to Europe, but it would be nice if people this racist and stupid would just keep their mouths shut and not embarrass themselves and their families. You can be that way but what do you achieve by letting the world know what you are? I guess posting anonymously online is the modern day equivalent of wearing a white hood.


Must be horrible carrying around all that guilt on your shoulders.


You say guilt, others say knowledge.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 pm

DocLightning wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Nah, just save the poor state by removing 7% of its population back to where they belong.


Evidently, you don't like to eat produce.

It shows in your demeanor.


Well, I’m glad you settled that. Who knew they were only good enough for picking crops, or other menial jobs the left can think up.

Bring the boats! We need more cheap labor!
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
wingman wrote:

Mexicans and Indians and every conceivable mixture of the two were roaming California and working the land long before these White Power dumbshits ever showed up and opened their racist pieholes. But lots of people are pretty ignorant. I stopped a woman in a parking lot in Portland last week after seeing her bumper sticker reading "Native Oregonian". I asked what tribe she was from and she looked positively dumbfounded and replied "excuse me?". So I told her I saw her bumper sticker and was wondering if maybe she was Shoshone or Umpqua. She muttered some kind of bullshit answer about being born in Oregon. A sticker reading "Ignorant Driver with Native Stupidity" would've been more appropriate. A lot of white racists tend to forget we weren't the first people in this country, we were just the first illegal immigrants. And we murdered millions to steal what we "own" today.

I'm not advocating repatriation or a mass exodus of Americans back to Europe, but it would be nice if people this racist and stupid would just keep their mouths shut and not embarrass themselves and their families. You can be that way but what do you achieve by letting the world know what you are? I guess posting anonymously online is the modern day equivalent of wearing a white hood.


Must be horrible carrying around all that guilt on your shoulders.


You say guilt, others say knowledge.


Like this headline from the 1860s:

“Wealthy Democrat land owners get upset over Republican plan to end cheap labor”
Everything is chits and giggles until you get old enough to giggle and then you chit.
 
jetero
Posts: 4168
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:43 pm

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Must be horrible carrying around all that guilt on your shoulders.


You say guilt, others say knowledge.


Like this headline from the 1860s:

“Wealthy Democrat land owners get upset over Republican plan to end cheap labor”


Yeah, exactly the same, Kanye.
 
2122M
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:44 pm

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Must be horrible carrying around all that guilt on your shoulders.


You say guilt, others say knowledge.


Like this headline from the 1860s:

“Wealthy Democrat land owners get upset over Republican plan to end cheap labor”


Lol.

Are you going to pretend that there has been no ideological shift within the political parties in the last 150 years? Maybe you are very young and don't know much about what happened in this country, especially around the 1960s during the writing, signing and enforcement of the Civil Rights Act.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump: Californians rioting over sanctuary cities

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm

2122M wrote:
DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

You say guilt, others say knowledge.


Like this headline from the 1860s:

“Wealthy Democrat land owners get upset over Republican plan to end cheap labor”


Lol.

Are you going to pretend that there has been no ideological shift within the political parties in the last 150 years? Maybe you are very young and don't know much about what happened in this country, especially around the 1960s during the writing, signing and enforcement of the Civil Rights Act.


Yes he is going to pretend. Just like he pretends to not know that he has become part of a racist, nationalistic party that has become more closely aligned with the early 1930's Nazi movement than it has to do with the party of Lincoln.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aesma, Kiwirob, Redd, Richard28 and 21 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos