Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: Antifa Patrolling The Streets of Portland, Mayor Apparently Doesn't Care

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

The "protestors" were blocking traffic, as well as harassing and attacking people in their cars. If the driver gives fair warning he needs to get by and is repeatedly not listened to, he's got nothing to apologize for. These are public streets. And again, why are these thugs patrolling the streets and directing traffic? Where the hell was the police during this whole time? Again, Portland is apparently a terribly run city.[/quote

There you go again with "THUGS" . What about those white drivers that violated the traffic laws and made turns against the signals? What do you call them. Maybe these protestors had had enough of being almost run over?

These are public streets, where the COPS don't have to monitor everyone all the damn time. Maybe in whatever police state you live in that is expected, but not in the USA.

So when you repost tweets from a racist lying coward that was not there, and does not know where the cops were, and then you ask where were the cops; Maybe it is time you start to think about why there were no mass Maydays and riots coming out of portand on Oct 6. But go on with your racist thread that has no basis in any real reality outside of the right wing racist whip.

Literally everything is racist to you people. You are so dull, boring, and predictable. If you haven’t noticed, it’s not working anymore guys. Maybe try persuasion for once?

We tried to go high when you all went low and you all laughed and called us names. We went lower when you all went low and you all cried and whined and told us how immature we were. We carried torches and shouted and you all told us how crazy and unhinged we were.

WE LITERALLY HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU RIGHTIES DID FIRST!!!!

Maybe it is not us who need to stop being dull, boring, and predictable anymore. Maybe it is you righties that need to stop being racist and stop whining and and stop name calling and try persuasion for once?

WarRI1

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:21 am

Remember if the Democrats win, it will be Mob Rule. M.M. Mass hysteria being whipped up from the right side once again.

MaverickM11

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:14 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
Literally everything is racist to you people. You are so dull, boring, and predictable. If you haven’t noticed, it’s not working anymore guys. Maybe try persuasion for once?

FreequentFlier wrote:
And the mayor apparently ordered the police to stand down and not intervene.

FreequentFlier wrote:
there is no official stand down order here, at least not one that has been acknowledged by the mayor.

What were you saying about persuasion? :rotfl: If you were persuaded by reality you wouldn't be a Trump supporter.

jetero

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Some people are persuaded by the (freequent) voices in their head.

MaverickM11

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Some more very fine people; of course a sword was involved cuz #MAGAts love gettin' medieval:

NYPD didn’t arrest members of a right-wing gang who beat a man in Manhattan

https://qz.com/1423570/proud-boys-membe ... -new-york/

FreequentFlier
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:01 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

FreequentFlier wrote:

FreequentFlier wrote:
there is no official stand down order here, at least not one that has been acknowledged by the mayor.

What were you saying about persuasion? :rotfl: If you were persuaded by reality you wouldn't be a Trump supporter.

Who said I was a Trump supporter? I didn’t vote for him in 2016 and likely won’t in 2020. Your concern is probably less with me and more with the 80% of the public that is sick and tired of politically correct bullies harassing them about being “racist misogynists” every 5 minutes. The public is catching on that 20% of the public is trying to prevent the other 80% from just going about their lives, and the harassment tactics don’t work anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatl ... le/572581/

FreequentFlier
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:03 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Some more very fine people; of course a sword was involved cuz #MAGAts love gettin' medieval:

Unlike you Mav, my first instinct isn’t to deny these groups even exist. It’s easy to condemn the group, who are idiots.

jetero

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:10 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

FreequentFlier wrote:

FreequentFlier wrote:

Who said I was a Trump supporter? I didn’t vote for him in 2016 and likely won’t in 2020. Your concern is probably less with me and more with the 80% of the public that is sick and tired of politically correct bullies harassing them about being “racist misogynists” every 5 minutes. The public is catching on that 20% of the public is trying to prevent the other 80% from just going about their lives, and the harassment tactics don’t work anymore.

Well these 80%ers are undoubtedly morons wasting their time worrying about what they’re allowed and not allowed to say. If you have to think twice about not using a racial slur in public, or telling people of the same sex you don’t approve of their marriage, or calling people who peacefully protest “thugs” who “hate America,” maybe YOU are, indeed, the problem. Grow up ... what a bunch of absolute cry babies.

Wonder who could’ve told them that this is even a thing? Could it be Tucker Carlson and his cohorts?

The Right-Wing Persecution Complex in this country is off the rails (as is evidenced by the fact that this nothingburger thread even exists in the first place ... but I guess some of us have a (freequent) flair for sed-indulgent drama).

jetero

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:17 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Unlike you Mav, my first instinct isn’t to deny these groups even exist. It’s easy to condemn the group, who are idiots.

Unlike you, his first instinct isn’t to start a ridiculous thread in the first place.

MaverickM11

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:18 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

And where did I do that? To wit:

MaverickM11 wrote:
Antifa has been around for decades and is generally a rabble rousing group of anarchists that hate everything, whether Republican or Democrat or otherwise. They make their presence known every few years by throwing a brick through a Starbucks, and that's about the extent of it.

FreequentFlier
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:22 pm

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Well these 80%ers are undoubtedly morons wasting their time worrying about what they’re allowed and not allowed to say. If you have to think twice about not using a racial slur in public, or telling people of the same sex you don’t approve of their marriage, or calling people who peacefully protest “thugs” who “hate America,” maybe YOU are, indeed, the problem. Grow up ... what a bunch of absolute cry babies.

Wonder who could’ve told them that this is even a thing? Could it be Tucker Carlson and his cohorts?

The Right-Wing Persecution Complex in this country is off the rails (as is evidenced by the fact that this nothingburger thread even exists in the first place ... but I guess some of us have a (freequent) flair for sed-indulgent drama).

Insulting 80% of the public is probably not a good way to win elections but you do you jet.

jetero

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

Insulting 80% of the public is probably not a good way to win elections but you do you jet.

Hey it works just as well as telling 50% of the public they’re leftist communist domestic terrorists, Little Buddy.

While I do me, you continue living in your dream world of fake grievances, OK?

FreequentFlier
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:46 pm

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
jetero wrote:

Hey it works just as well as telling 50% of the public they’re leftist communist domestic terrorists, Little Buddy.

You probably haven't stopped and considered for a single solitary second that maybe you no longer actually represent the views of the minorities you claim to champion.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ss/572581/

Whites are ever so slightly less likely than average to believe that political correctness is a problem in the country: 79 percent of them share this sentiment. Instead, it is Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87percent), and American Indians (88 percent) who are most likely to oppose political correctness.

Reality keeps slapping you in the face, but you keep hitting the snooze button.

FreequentFlier
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:46 pm

jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
jetero wrote:

You probably haven't stopped and considered for a single solitary second that maybe you no longer actually represent the views of the minorities you claim to champion.

Whites are ever so slightly less likely than average to believe that political correctness is a problem in the country: 79 percent of them share this sentiment. Instead, it is Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87percent), and American Indians (88 percent) who are most likely to oppose political correctness.

jetero

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:52 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

Free you really are kidding yourself if you think any of us care about your political analysis. You’ve proven time and time (and time and time) again that your grasp on reality is tenuous at best. You’ve got the finger on the pulse of ... yourself. We’re good. Thanks for your “concern.” :sarcastic:

(BTW you should be happy we don’t ... more “wins” for you and your fellow “proud boys.”)

casinterest

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:30 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

The "protestors" were blocking traffic, as well as harassing and attacking people in their cars. If the driver gives fair warning he needs to get by and is repeatedly not listened to, he's got nothing to apologize for. These are public streets. And again, why are these thugs patrolling the streets and directing traffic? Where the hell was the police during this whole time? Again, Portland is apparently a terribly run city.[/quote

There you go again with "THUGS" . What about those white drivers that violated the traffic laws and made turns against the signals? What do you call them. Maybe these protestors had had enough of being almost run over?

These are public streets, where the COPS don't have to monitor everyone all the damn time. Maybe in whatever police state you live in that is expected, but not in the USA.

So when you repost tweets from a racist lying coward that was not there, and does not know where the cops were, and then you ask where were the cops; Maybe it is time you start to think about why there were no mass Maydays and riots coming out of portand on Oct 6. But go on with your racist thread that has no basis in any real reality outside of the right wing racist whip.

Persuade what? Persuasion is not applicable to me pointing out that you posted an article from a lying racist, and then as you continue to call people involved in a hit and run "thugs".

If it is dull, boring , and predictable, it is probably because you expected it by posting a lying racist article.

Pellegrine

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Ok antifa has been around since the 90s. Whatever. Moving on. They're impotent protesters wearing masks that scare cons.

Pellegrine

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:44 pm

aviationaware wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Antifa are the paid brownshirts of today. It's really that simple.

Where are these payment opportunities that I keep hearing about? Protesters are paid; Antifa are paid...where's the job post?

Plenty of Soros-funded organizations do that.

Where is the evidence? I'd like to get paid too.

jetero

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Where are these payment opportunities that I keep hearing about? Protesters are paid; Antifa are paid...where's the job post?

Plenty of Soros-funded organizations do that.

Where is the evidence? I'd like to get paid too.

Surely Soros would pay us the big bucks for arguing with AA and Free. They must be a real thorn in his Commie side.

Pellegrine

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
'Antifa' is not a leftist group, terroristic or otherwise. It is a social construct invented by right wingers to demonize leftist protest and anger at what has been going on since 2016.

Lol, it’s hard to tell the difference between parody and reality with you folks.

Considering "antifa" was not even a thing until a Republican white nationalist ran down and killed protesters in Charlottesville.........

My point

FreequentFlier
Topic Author

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:22 am

casinterest wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Persuade what? Persuasion is not applicable to me pointing out that you posted an article from a lying racist, and then as you continue to call people involved in a hit and run "thugs".

If it is dull, boring , and predictable, it is probably because you expected it by posting a lying racist article.

You guys are like parrots, incapable of expressing an original thought. Again, 80% of the country is tired of it and have started tuning you out. Keep it up and the number will only climb.

jetero

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:32 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

You guys are like parrots, incapable of expressing an original thought. Again, 80% of the country is tired of it and have started tuning you out. Keep it up and the number will only climb.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

How many times in how many hours have you “parroted” this 80% bullsh*t? Very typical though, you’re kind of a broken record when things enter that head of yours. I’m sure we’ll hear it at least 5 more times before you latch on to your next “talking point.”

bagoldex

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:33 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

As if there's much original thought coming from your team.

casinterest

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:37 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

Says the thread starter that copied and parroted a racist lying coward to start this thread.

jetero

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:42 am

The exact quote is “80% think political correctness is a problem.”

But if you’re Free, that of course translates into “80% of the country is tuning Democrats out and, by extension, support Donald Trump.”

I guess he hasn’t looked at the polls about the majority of Americans disagreeing with Barty O’Kavanaugh’s appointment. I guess that means a majority of Americans want Elizabeth Warren to be president.

(FreequentLiar?)

seb146

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:22 am

FreequentFlier wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

wow.... The most recognized name in right wing talk radio made his entire career based on parroting. His follower's catch phrase is "ditto" and they are called "ditto heads" because they refuse to disagree and can only parrot exactly what they hear. Go listen to the unhinged right on any radio or the major infotainment network. They will shout down EVERY dissenting voice, all the while whining about how we need dissenting voices! Read through any political post. It is RIGHT WINGERS who are whining about not being heard and it is RIGHT WINGERS demanding everyone fall in line. It is RIGHT WINGERS who refuse to kick white nationalists/KKK/neo Nazis out of their party, and even embrace them! Even when these "fine people" murder others! Tell us again why we need to parrot these talking points and go along with this? Why is this a good idea?

jetero

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:27 am

seb146 wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:
casinterest wrote:

wow.... The most recognized name in right wing talk radio made his entire career based on parroting. His follower's catch phrase is "ditto" and they are called "ditto heads" because they refuse to disagree and can only parrot exactly what they hear. Go listen to the unhinged right on any radio or the major infotainment network. They will shout down EVERY dissenting voice, all the while whining about how we need dissenting voices! Read through any political post. It is RIGHT WINGERS who are whining about not being heard and it is RIGHT WINGERS demanding everyone fall in line. It is RIGHT WINGERS who refuse to kick white nationalists/KKK/neo Nazis out of their party, and even embrace them! Even when these "fine people" murder others! Tell us again why we need to parrot these talking points and go along with this? Why is this a good idea?

Seb, haven’t you heard? 80% of Americans disagree with you.

seb146

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:23 pm

White nationalists patrolling the streets of NYC. Police apparently don't care

https://abc7ny.com/nypd-seeks-persons-o ... t/4476254/
https://thinkprogress.org/ny-officials- ... dd76475d5/
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... wing-gavin

Here is a list of tweets (reverse chronological order) of the second "patriot" (read: white nationalist) march in Portland

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/ind ... h_cal.html

There was a protest outside Kelly's Olympian Pub (nice dive bar. I have been there many times) against police violence. Right wing nationalists showed up to fight. Injuries on both sides.

jetero

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Now there are some real productive members of society not looking for a fight. Are these some of Free’s 80%ers who get their panties in a wad over not being able to use the N word?

MaverickM11

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Meanwhile in Georgia, a republican rally of very fine people:

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/rural-ge ... xZqG9ufeO/

tommy1808

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:57 pm

FreequentFlier wrote:
jetero wrote:
FreequentFlier wrote:

Well, you said thay want to be racist assholes...

Best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Here's Trump praising a republican congressman for body slamming a journalist, while simultaneously waffling about the Saudi murder of a journalist:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45913921

I'm sure loads of GOP will bravely not speak out against it this time either. :roll: Antifa ain't got nothin' on the GOP when it comes to violence.

jetero

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:11 pm

There is really no comparison.

Radio ad in Arkansas suggests 'lynching' if Democrats win

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Radi ... ipid=hpctp

lebda

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:41 pm

God this is so stupid and blatantly wrong. I'm from the metro area and this couldn't be any farther from the truth. About every month or so, a far-right group from Vancouver, WA - Patriot Prayer - has a rally in downtown Portland. They gather under the guise of "free speech protection" and "Christianity" but it's all very disingenuous. You get guys wearing t-shirts praising the murderous dictator Pinochet and calling for Operation Condor-style death flights, people on megaphones describing how Latin American immigrants should be attacked, dudes with signs calling the local queer community pedophiles and devil worshipers, confederate flag wavers, and numerous honest-to-God, self-described white nationalists. Every single goddamn time, without fail, they end up ganging up on and attacking someone, generally smaller protesters and random passersby who just so happen to be in the vicinity of the rally rather than people their own size. It's not a pretty sight.

The cops and the mayor don't care. The cops even show up and protect these people, and a big thing recently in the media here was how the cops allowed them to have a cache of weapons on top of a building, whereas they usually confiscate flagpoles and anything else that could be potentially used as a weapon from protesters and anti-fascist demonstrators.

Granted, this is just all from my own experiences. I have witnessed numerous of these rallies in person and have kept in touch with the people who report on them from the anti-fascist side. I was even attacked by Proud Boys last year while at one of these events. These aren't people with good intentions, they aren't showing up to promote freedom or to spread Christly love to their neighbors, they're coming to intimidate vulnerable communities in Portland.

If any of you have any questions about this whole thing, feel free to ask me.

MaverickM11

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:00 pm

Where did FrequentFlier go??? Was he busy protecting a piggly wiggly from skeery Antifa in NC? :rotfl:

‘Antifa’ Facebook prank sends Trump supporters to protect North Carolina outdoors store
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20181021/ ... oors-store

johnboy

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:30 am

aviationaware wrote:
Antifa are the paid brownshirts of today. It's really that simple.

Honestly, I’m shocked that you - whoever you are - thinks that the statements you make carry any resonance with any normal person. Maybe it’s the illicit thrill that you are “really givin’ It to those libtards.” Maybe you think you’re finally talking to the outside world from Grandma’s basement, and you feel” really important now!”

Frankly, I’d rather take a random sample of the Nicaraguan caravan, and give them immediate citizenship with the struggles they went through getting families up to the US border, if we could only trade Zippy the Pinhead mouthbreathing ultra-conservative Neo-Nazi types in return.

Yeah, it really is that mf’ing simple.

MassAppeal

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Its going to be a wonderful day when the republicans get their comeuppance. Its going to violent and its going to be wonderful.

MaverickM11

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Here's another wonderful story about antifa violence. Whoops just kidding it's another Trumpanzee killing two black people. I'm sure he was a responsible gun owner too:

'Whites don't shoot whites,' suspected gunman told man after killing 2 black customers at Kentucky Kroger
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nat ... story.html

Oh look a transgender-in-the-bathroom twist! Wait nope just another republican male thinking he can have his way with underage women. So presidential!

"In a 2003 incident, Bush was charged with menacing for following a 15-year-old into a movie theater bathroom and putting his hands around her waist. Bush told the girl he "thought we were family" and the girl pushed him away, according to the arrest record."

A3801000

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:22 am

Even the thought to try and compare left and right crimes is stupid or do people all have big cases of amnesia, let's have a look:

The left:
- Floyd Corkin’s shooting of a guard at the Family Research Council in 2012
- James Hodgkinson’s shooting at congressmen and staff in 2017

The right:
- 7/27/08
Jim David Adkisson, author of a manifesto urging violent war against liberals, opens fire inside a Knoxville, TN Unitarian Church during the youth performance of a musical, killing two and wounding seven. He tells investigators all liberals should be killed.
- 1/21/09
Keith Luke, Brockton, MA: Luke, a neo-Nazi angry about the inauguration of Barack Obama, kills two and injures one in a rape and murder spree targeting "nonwhite people." He is halted before reaching a synagogue, and later convicted of murder.
- 2/26/09
Dannie Roy Baker, Miramar Beach, FL: Baker, a former GOP volunteer angry about immigration, opens fire on a roomful of Chilean students, killing two and injuring three.
- 4/4/09
Richard Poplawski, Pittsburgh, PA: Poplawski, a white supremacist, fearful of a plot by President Obama to take his guns, kills three police officers and leaving two others injured in a standoff at this home.
- 6/10/09
James Von Brunn, Washington, DC: Von Brunn, a neo-Nazi seemingly influenced by Posse Comitatus ideology, walks into the U.S. Holocaust Museum and opens fire, killing a black guard.
- 4/20/10
Ross William Muehlberger, Wichita Falls, TX: Muehlberger yells “White power!” as he shoots up a café, injuring four black and Latino women and killing one white bartender before killing himself.
- 8/5/12
Wade Michael Page, Oak Creek, WI: Page, a member of the neo-Nazi Hammerskin Nation, kills six and wounds four during a shooting rampage in a Sikh temple, before killing himself.
- 4/13/14
Frazier Glenn Miller, Jr. (aka Frazier Glenn Cross, Jr.), Overland Park, KS: Miller, a former grand dragon of the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, embarks on a shooting rampage at two Jewish community institutions, killing three.
- 6/8/14
Jerad and Amanda Miller, Las Vegas, NV: The Millers, married Patriot movement sympathizers who had spent weeks at the Cliven Bundy ranch standoff, go on a shooting rampage that kills three people, including two police officers, in Las Vegas.
- 6/17/15
Dylann Roof, Charleston, SC: Roof, a white supremacist radicalized online, joins a bible study session at the Emanuel AME Church, then opens fire, killing nine and wounding another.
- 7/23/15
John Russell Houser, Lafayette, LA: Houser enters a movie theater with a gun, killing two and wounding nine, before killing himself. Investigators find he praised Roof, and urged readers of his manifesto to target liberals for mass murder.
- 11/23/15
Allen Lawrence Scarsella, a white supremacist who had been infiltrating and filming Black Lives Matter protests, shoots and wounds five protesters at a BLM protest outside of a Minneapolis police station.
- 6/26/17
Jeremy Christian, 35, who had participated in local alt-right rallies, begins harassing two Muslim women on a Portland commuter train; when three men intervene, he stabs all three of them, two fatally. At his arraignment, he declares he is standing up for “free speech.”

Even though I probably missed some it should be clear that the 'both sides' argument is 100% false and misleading.

FreequentFlier
Topic Author

Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:08 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Where did FrequentFlier go??? Was he busy protecting a piggly wiggly from skeery Antifa in NC? :rotfl:

‘Antifa’ Facebook prank sends Trump supporters to protect North Carolina outdoors store
https://www.dispatch.com/news/20181021/ ... oors-store

Mav, since you've been fabulously wrong about literally everything in politics since 2016, perhaps you should tone down the sarcasm!

SQ22

Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Thread went off topic and into a general discussion, hence it will be locked.