Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Ken777

Re: Trump engaged in outright fraud, New York Times

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 am

It's kinda funny. seeing the Trumpies defending the crook. Keep hoping that nothing else comes up. Mayne we can recycle the bus video just before the MidTerms. Trumpies should like that.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
God Bless President Trump

Now I consider that an abomination. I hope I used that correctly. To use his name in relation to God is certainly an Abomination. I know I used it correctly that time.

MSPNWA

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:19 am

I've used this analogy before, and I suppose it bears repeating in this thread.

Let's imagine two people. One is a rough character who isn't living a life you model after and has a shady past. But he/she does good for you, does for you what he/she said they would, and in general improves your quality of life.

The other character is an outwardly clean person who talks and acts like they care about you. He/she seems trustworthy. But in reality, this person screws you over at every chance, lies to you about what's in it for you, and in general degrades your quality of life.

Who do you choose to be acquaintances with (if you want to admit it of course)? The answer is obvious. So the conclusion is that even IF Trump is this or that, in the end what most matters is what he does for me my fellow citizens. And I've noticed that it's about all the Trump protesters can hold onto these days - a disingenuous ploy to sway people away from Trump based on foolish reason. It's hard to protest Trump based on detrimental actions, so they've had to relegate themselves to protesting Trump because of who they feel he is. It's irrational emotional fear and hatred. If they'd only see how ridiculous it is. The sky isn't falling. Emotion, fear, and hate--that's no good way to determine who runs this country.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:43 am

Who do you choose to be acquaintances with (if you want to admit it of course)? The answer is obvious. So the conclusion is that even IF Trump is this or that, in the end what most matters is what he does for me my fellow citizens.

What may I ask has he done? Just a short list will do. Well paying jobs, increased economic stability? Increased trust in government and our institutions? Better race relations? Increased respect for women? Increased respect for honesty and the telling of the truth. Better protection for our citizens from gun violence and the controlling of weapons of war.? Environmental protections for the US strengthened? Just a short list will do

tommy1808

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:56 am

WarRI1 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
God Bless President Trump

Now I consider that an abomination. I hope I used that correctly. To use his name in relation to God is certainly an Abomination. I know I used it correctly that time.

Well... Trump is a bit like King David. A criminal rapist that goes on to be king. ....

best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:06 am

WarRI1 wrote:
What may I ask has he done? Just a short list will do. Well paying jobs, increased economic stability?

Increasing the US national debt to a point where the US will collapse at the next wiff of a real economic crisis. The US debt curve looks increasingly like that of Greece. Just needs a trigger. So, pretty much as ordered.

Increased trust in government and our institutions? Better race relations? Increased respect for women? Increased respect for honesty and the telling of the truth. Better protection for our citizens from gun violence and the controlling of weapons of war.? Environmental protections for the US strengthened? Just a short list will do

Doing the opposite of all of the above is why he was put in office. All of those things, the constant moving forward on those issues, was what made the US the US. Unfortunately you got a large enough minority of people that hate the US enough to turn it into Iran/Russia/Nordkorea ...... Trump is the returned Jesus for some. A god just like Kim Il-sung.....

best regards
Thomas

ltbewr

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:56 am

The NY Times and State of NY Taxation Dept. are continuing its research allegations of massive financial and civil tax fraud of Trump family, Trump companies, Trump Foundation, and in particular of Donald Trump himself.
There are some high numbers of over $400 Million in underpayment of taxes and related penalties. Me, you and everyone else but these rich jerks have to pay serious percentages or our income in various taxes and if we make a slight mistake or cut a few corners, we get caught and pay penalties.
His sister, a retired Federal Judge (US Dist. of NJ & USCA-3rd Cir.) may be in serious violations of Judicial ethics for her part of benefiting from the fraud when still a sitting judge. 1000's of apartment renters had to pay $100's more a year each in rent for years from the inside supply house scam.
I hope that in the end, Trump buildings he and the family still owns have to be sold off to pay the debts they owe to the state and individuals, his name removed and all of them impoverished.

NIKV69

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Any evidence yet?

2122M

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Any evidence yet?

From the NYT article:

"The findings are based on interviews with Fred Trump’s former employees and advisers and more than 100,000 pages of documents describing the inner workings and immense profitability of his empire. They include documents culled from public sources — mortgages and deeds, probate records, financial disclosure reports, regulatory records and civil court files.

The investigation also draws on tens of thousands of pages of confidential records — bank statements, financial audits, accounting ledgers, cash disbursement reports, invoices and canceled checks. Most notably, the documents include more than 200 tax returns from Fred Trump, his companies and various Trump partnerships and trusts. While the records do not include the president’s personal tax returns and reveal little about his recent business dealings at home and abroad, dozens of corporate, partnership and trust tax returns offer the first public accounting of the income he received for decades from various family enterprises."

wingman

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:57 pm

I think investigations take time. Mueller's been at it for almost two years with some 5 convictions, 20 indictments etc and the NY State people just started last week. I'd settle in NIK, gonna be a long time before any potential indictments drop. Couldn't happen to a better asshole though, a guy that talks uuge shit about himself 24/7 and then sits on the tax return proof. If nothing else it'll provide another 4 tons of truthiness that Republicans will have to sell out to in order to prop up their superhero pussy grabber. S'all good chief.

DL717

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Any evidence yet?

Of course not. Another time and money wasting investigation from the bored left with no agenda to run on.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:52 am

DL717 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Any evidence yet?

Of course not. Another time and money wasting investigation from the bored left with no agenda to run on.

We shall see who is correct in the end. You know the line Fake News, I think you guys live in a Fake Universe, which is the same as Fox News which is the Alternate Universe, where Alternate facts hold sway. :spin: :spin:

tommy1808

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:48 am

DL717 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Any evidence yet?

And Eyewitness and thousands of pages of documents are "of course not"?

Where are the millions of pages and hundreds of Eyewitnesses against Hilary Clinton that you want locked up? Or the FBI deep state conspiracy bullshit you´ve cooked up, where even the IG Report says there is nothing to see?

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:39 pm

It is interesting that, after decades of hearings and investigations they head, righties have no clue what an actual criminal looks like when they are shown one.