Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

2122M

Re: Democrats and the 2018 election

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:10 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

And people like Tito, Stalin, Hoxha, Ceaușescu... all started their careers fighting against fascists until one day they got to power and 'demanded allegiance and shut down all dissent against them.' How many people were murdered by Godless, equality praising Leftists all throughout the 20th century? In the past, Leftists similar to Antifa today, were responsible for way more deaths than all fascists put together.

Who exactly is Trump shutting down? The last time I checked it was Alex Jones who had his account suspended. I think you got some things mixed up here. Not surpising as you always post such angry, bitter things on here. I am kind of starting to feel sorry for you.

I feel sorry for anyone that goes so far off the edge that they have to post hateful things like calling people they don’t even know racists, bigots and Nazis. It’s the fastest way to lose an audience, and certainly no way to ensure continued engagement in discussions.

They're snakes. Anarchists. They just want to "burn the house down". Any ol' reason will do. And the reason, the justification to do it, changes weekly, if not monthly. They are very Orwellian is their doublespeak.

The reason changes weekly because every week Trump does something unbelievably un-American, Un-Democratic or just plain dumb. It’s not doublespeak by liberals, it’s doubledumb by Trump.

Blerg

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 pm

2122M wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
DL717 wrote:

I feel sorry for anyone that goes so far off the edge that they have to post hateful things like calling people they don’t even know racists, bigots and Nazis. It’s the fastest way to lose an audience, and certainly no way to ensure continued engagement in discussions.

They're snakes. Anarchists. They just want to "burn the house down". Any ol' reason will do. And the reason, the justification to do it, changes weekly, if not monthly. They are very Orwellian is their doublespeak.

The reason changes weekly because every week Trump does something unbelievably un-American, Un-Democratic or just plain dumb. It’s not doublespeak by liberals, it’s doubledumb by Trump.

You realize that Antifa is asking for the removal of ICE and borders. I am sorry but tell me something Trump did that's more stupid than that. That's like saying: I want a safer house so I am going to remove all the doors and windows.

2122M

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Blerg wrote:
2122M wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

You realize that Antifa is asking for the removal of ICE and borders. I am sorry but tell me something Trump did that's more stupid than that. That's like saying: I want a safer house so I am going to remove all the doors and windows.

You really wanna go down that path? Comparing the things that a fringe movement wants to see happen to the actual real actions of the sitting president?

Abolish ICE (and put border security in the hands of a different agency) vs. Capitulating to Russia and the expense of our own intelligence agencies, Starting a trade war, praising white supremicists, mocking disabled reporters, grabbing women by the pu**y ......

seb146

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

And people like Tito, Stalin, Hoxha, Ceaușescu... all started their careers fighting against fascists until one day they got to power and 'demanded allegiance and shut down all dissent against them.' How many people were murdered by Godless, equality praising Leftists all throughout the 20th century? In the past, Leftists similar to Antifa today, were responsible for way more deaths than all fascists put together.

Who exactly is Trump shutting down? The last time I checked it was Alex Jones who had his account suspended. I think you got some things mixed up here. Not surpising as you always post such angry, bitter things on here. I am kind of starting to feel sorry for you.

Sounds like another orange "leader" that we can not ever say anything bad about ever or else....

2122M

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 pm

2122M wrote:
Blerg wrote:
2122M wrote:

You really wanna go down that path? Comparing the things that a fringe movement wants to see happen to the actual real actions of the sitting president?

Abolish ICE (and put border security in the hands of a different agency) vs. Capitulating to Russia and the expense of our own intelligence agencies, Starting a trade war, praising white supremicists, mocking disabled reporters, grabbing women by the pu**y ......

... meeting with North Korea with no preconditions and accomplishing nothing, praising Kim Jong Un and Putin while disparaging Macron, Merkel and Trudeau (among anothers), throwing toilet paper and Puerto Ricans, hiring Paul Manafort, withdrawing from the international stage ...

seb146

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Blerg wrote:
2122M wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

First of all, "antifa" is made up. It gives righties someone else to look down on. Righties just lump a bunch of people together and label them all the same.

Do you like it when people say Republicans are racist? No. The difference is that Republicans are an actual, landed and historical group. Not all of them are racist.

There are those who want open borders. There are those who want ICE abolished. There are those who march against fascists. Three completely independent things. Some of them may have people in other groups. Like racists and Republicans.

ICE does need to be abolished. They were a massive expansion of government by Republicans in the fear and aftermath of Sept 11. Just like Department of Homeland Security and TSA. You righties should want ICE abolished too because you keep crying about big gub'mint.

ICE harrasses people far, far away from the border. ICE does the job that Border Patrol does. They can do it more under the radar.

Something stupid tRump has said?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opi ... story.html

DL717

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:27 am

seb146 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
2122M wrote:

First of all, "antifa" is made up. It gives righties someone else to look down on. Righties just lump a bunch of people together and label them all the same.

Do you like it when people say Republicans are racist? No. The difference is that Republicans are an actual, landed and historical group. Not all of them are racist.

There are those who want open borders. There are those who want ICE abolished. There are those who march against fascists. Three completely independent things. Some of them may have people in other groups. Like racists and Republicans.

ICE does need to be abolished. They were a massive expansion of government by Republicans in the fear and aftermath of Sept 11. Just like Department of Homeland Security and TSA. You righties should want ICE abolished too because you keep crying about big gub'mint.

ICE harrasses people far, far away from the border. ICE does the job that Border Patrol does. They can do it more under the radar.

Yep. ANTIFA is made up...

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... the-antifa

Next.

seb146

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:17 am

DL717 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Yep. ANTIFA is made up...

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... the-antifa

Next.

And, yet, no one had hear of them or hated them until Charlottesville.

Next.

SQ22

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 am

Please keep this thread on topic or it will be locked.

seb146

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Why should Puerto Rico or Michigan vote for Republicans?

https://thinkprogress.org/supplies-for- ... c147abb6e/
http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2018/07/ ... soned-city

Not to mention we have tons of money for tax cuts for the rich, debt and deficit be damned, and tons of money for a "space force" but we who work have to set up Go Fund Me and other internet crowdfunding accounts to pay for health care. We are still not seeing the fiscal responsibility nor are we seeing a party of compassion.

VTKillarney

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:56 am

Democrats decide that they won’t take donations from fossil fuel companies. Just two short months later they change their mind.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dn ... m=facebook

VTKillarney

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:00 am

Liberal darling Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has a truth telling problem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... dia-blitz/

VTKillarney

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:04 am

She is WAAAY worse than Trump. Frankly, I think that she’s just not that smart. (e.g. https://www.dailywire.com/news/34391/wa ... n-saavedra )

Her interviews are downright painful to watch.

seb146

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:37 pm

It does not have to be Russians who change results of the elections

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ke ... turers-ess

Former DNC char Howard Dean knew this years ago and showed us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcelX7iXC-g

Even C-SPAN has problems with voting machines

https://www.c-span.org/video/?435437-1/ ... nerability

VTKillarney

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:34 pm

The Democrat’s strategy in 2018 is to find a racist behind every rock.

Well, today’s big rally in Washington, DC drew about... wait for it... 20 people.

If that doesn’t tell you that the Democrats have invented a bogeyman, I don’t know what would.

Gatherings of UFO enthusiasts, witchcraft practitioners, and assorted religious cranks routinely draw exponentially more followers than "Unite the Right" did today. The assumption that these people require constant national attention needs to be seriously re-calibrated

WarRI1

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:56 pm

VTKillarney wrote:

Well, today’s big rally in Washington, DC drew about... wait for it... 20 people.

If that doesn’t tell you that the Democrats have invented a bogeyman, I don’t know what would.

Gatherings of UFO enthusiasts, witchcraft practitioners, and assorted religious cranks routinely draw exponentially more followers than "Unite the Right" did today. The assumption that these people require constant national attention needs to be seriously re-calibrated

But UFO and Witchcraft practitioners do not run cars into crowds and kill and injure people either. They do not fire weapons during demonstrations like happened at the deadly rally in Charlottesville either. Big difference. One big difference also is ************ who supported them after the deadly occurrence.

Ken777

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:01 am

VTKillarney wrote:

. . .

Actually the Democrats need to remind voters that the GOP has been very public in the "need' to deliver CUTS to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Those cuts for the Little People are really needed to pay for a big parti fo their tax cuts for the important people in the Billionaire's Boys Club. Now, if you are a multi-millionaire then you probably won't be that upset. Unless, of course, inflation hits those multiple millions to where it can't keep you healthy under GOP Health Care Inflation. if you are under 40 you should be concerned. If you are under 40 you should be scared.

Religious cranks? Try the Evangelicals contaminating the hard right, and the lapdog politicians who jump then. yelled at. All their fighting for banning abortions even when it is needed for serious health reasons, or the major trauma from a rape.

WarRI1

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:08 am

Ken777 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

. . .

Actually the Democrats need to remind voters that the GOP has been very public in the "need' to deliver CUTS to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Those cuts for the Little People are really needed to pay for a big parti fo their tax cuts for the important people in the Billionaire's Boys Club. Now, if you are a multi-millionaire then you probably won't be that upset. Unless, of course, inflation hits those multiple millions to where it can't keep you healthy under GOP Health Care Inflation. if you are under 40 you should be concerned. If you are under 40 you should be scared.

Religious cranks? Try the Evangelicals contaminating the hard right, and the lapdog politicians who jump then. yelled at. All their fighting for banning abortions even when it is needed for serious health reasons, or the major trauma from a rape.

Well said, the truth of the matter and we all know the W.H does not love the truth, respect the truth, or use the truth, they lie and lie and like the Communists of old believed and still do I am sure, if you use lies, distort and dilute the truth enough, it will seem like the truth. In fact Big Brother used the same tactics.

seb146

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:52 am

VTKillarney wrote:

Racists who rallied in Portland a few weeks ago said they were going to carry any guns they wanted to, use them if necessary, and even taunted counter protesters into fighting. Use of force by police was used. Against counter protesters. Not the ones ILLEGALLY carrying weapons.

Who cares if the GOP openly embraces racists, right? I mean, it's not like they would do anything like, oh, I don't know.... pass laws against Blacks, Muslims, women, and LGBTQ+ people, right? They would never roll those back or make special protections for Christians. Because, as we all know by GOP rants, Christians are the most hated and legislated against group in the United States. So many are jailed and beaten and killed simply for being Christians, right?

VTKillarney

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:53 am

It's worth examining what ideological and journalistic biases led to such wildly disproportionate coverage of a "rally" that drew approximately 20 people.

WarRI1

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:58 am

VTKillarney wrote:
It's worth examining what ideological and journalistic biases led to such wildly disproportionate coverage of a "rally" that drew approximately 20 people.

Anticipation and fear, The press anticipated a big violent turnout from the propaganda of the right wingnuts and the right wingnuts stayed home out of fear that they were going to lose the numbers count or get the shit beat out of them, either or.

seb146

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:27 am

WarRI1 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Anticipation and fear, The press anticipated a big violent turnout from the propaganda of the right wingnuts and the right wingnuts stayed home out of fear that they were going to lose the numbers count or get the shit beat out of them, either or.

"If it bleeds, it leads." It sucks. So much hype leading up to a specific violent anniversary by the media.

VTKillarney

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:27 pm

It looks like fundamental economic policy will play a more important role than ever in the 2018 election.

All the spade work done by Democrats in attacking capitalism since Donald Trump became president is paying off handsomely. According to a new Gallup poll, Democrats view socialism more positively than capitalism. 57% of respondents who either identified as Democrats or as leaning Democrat had a positive image of socialism; only 47% felt the same way about capitalism.

Poll here:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/240725/dem ... alism.aspx

jetero

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:00 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
All the spade work done by Democrats in attacking capitalism

Do explain all this "spade work," VTK . . .

You mean arguing for universal access to healthcare?

Imposing trade tariffs and dismantling free trade agreements?

Do you think every Democratic candidate in 2018 is Alexandria whatever-her-name is?

VTKillarney

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 am

Democrats are struggling in Florida.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... ing-555957

VTKillarney

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 am

I suspect that the Democrats’ stumbles with Latino voters has something to do with it.
https://newrepublic.com/article/150453/ ... rs-granted

Their constant false indignation probably isn’t helping them either.

seahawk

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:45 am

I think this will be a huge victory for the Republicans under leadership by Trump.

VTKillarney

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:37 pm

The Democrats generic ballot lead is shrinking to the point where it is now within the margin of error.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6185.html

2122M

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:08 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
The Democrats generic ballot lead is shrinking to the point where it is now within the margin of error.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6185.html

And we all know the generic poll is how senators get elected:

Instead, lets look at the individual races compared to their 2016 results (rounding to the nearest point. tie is within MoE if applicable. using your source):

FL: Scott (R) +1; Trump won by +1 = no movement
MO: Tie; Trump won by 19 = 19 point gain by democrats
IN: Tie; Trump won by 19 = 19 point gain by democrats
TN: Bresden (D) +2; Trump won by 26 = 28 point gain by democrats
ND: Tie; Trump won by 36 = 36 point gain by democrats
NV Rosen (D) +1; Clinton won by 2 = 1 point gain by republicans
AZ Sinema (D) +4; Trump won by 4 = 8 point gain by democrats
TX Cruz (R) + 6; Trump won by 9 = 3 point gain by democrats
MN Tester (D) + 5; Trump won by 20 = 25 point gain by democrats
WV Manchin (D) +7; Trump won by 42 = 49 point gain by democrats
WI Baldwin (D) +9; Trump won by 1 = 10 point gain by democrats
OH Brown (D) + 15; Trump won by 8 = 23 point gain by democrats
MI Stabenow (D) + 18; Trump won by 1 = 19 point gain by democrats
PA Casey (D) + 16; Trump won by 1 = 17 point gain by democrats

On average, these states are polling D + 18 compared to the 2016 presidential race.

VTKillarney

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:38 pm

It is extremely clear. The founders believed in principles of federalism. They specifically chose to allow the states to determine this process.

2122M

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:46 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
It is extremely clear. The founders believed in principles of federalism. They specifically chose to allow the states to determine this process.

Are you in favor of highly partisan gerrymandering?

VTKillarney

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:49 pm

2122M wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Are you in favor of highly partisan gerrymandering?

Of course not.

I hate to see it, especially when it is incredibly egregious, such as this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 37253bdc5b
Last edited by VTKillarney on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trpmb6

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Yeah.. Pennsylvania was bad but no where near as bad as this:

Tugger

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:20 pm

VTKillarney wrote:

Except that now the highly partisan nature of elections (which I truly believe they did not foresee, instead thinking there would be multiple parties etc.) whichever party is in power at the time of redistricting uses that power inappropriately to create a situation that weakens the opposing party. That is not OK or acceptable. I don't see how you can approve of such a situation (and I am not saying you do approve) and not seek a solution to end it. It is not that hard to have values and support a law to address it regardless of whether "your party" is in power and benefits from gerrymandering. People who claim to have principles should have... well principles, and live by them.

Tugg

SQ22

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Because of ongoing personal attacks of some users this thread will be locked after cleaning up.