Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alfa164
Topic Author

Baby Trump will float above London!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Anti-Trump protesters (i.e., anyone intelligent) in London have received permission to float their "Baby Trump" balloon during the president's visit there.

http://thehill.com/policy/international ... ring-visit

You gotta love creative protesting! ;)

scbriml

Re: Baby Trump will float above London!

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Also reported by the BBC:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44732754
Campaigners raised almost £18,000 for the helium-filled six-metre high figure, which they said reflects Mr Trump's character as an "angry baby with a fragile ego and tiny hands"

The best part of this is that Sadiq Khan is the man who approved it!

:rotfl:

bagoldex

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:26 pm

They should float it over to Blenheim or Chequers where he'd actually see it.

PlymSpotter

Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Brilliant and very amusing.

Ken777

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:19 am

Let's see of the good folks in other European can borrow it for other trump stops.

And if our friends on the other side of the Pond can get ahold of the nude Trump statues it will be perfect.

alfa164
Topic Author

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:40 am

Ken777 wrote:
Let's see of the good folks in other European can borrow it for other trump stops.
And if our friends on the other side of the Pond can get ahold of the nude Trump statues it will be perfect.

With or without pee stains? ;)

WarRI1

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:26 am

I must say that as an American who highly values our right to protest, I say good luck and good job. This Buffoon deserves the same respect he gives to others. As I read today and agree with the writer, this is the first US President that I cannot respect. It took over 60 years for me to find such a President. Sad!

einsteinboricua

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:42 am

Can they make small versions? I'd like to have one for my front yard...and a helium tank so I can leave it floating.

WarRI1

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:46 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Can they make small versions? I'd like to have one for my front yard...and a helium tank so I can leave it floating.

Would you care to make plain your position on this idea of the Big Baby, Yea or Nay?

Airstud

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:18 am

It looks like they're still in need of approval from the UK air traffic folks and the London fuzz...

PanHAM

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:50 am

I had a good laugh already yesterday and I hope that UK ATC will find a way to make this happen.

seahawk

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:59 am

Boycott the UK, now!!

Airstud

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:16 am

seahawk wrote:
Boycott the UK, now!!

As for me, I'll probably be buying lots of DVD's of BBC series, as well as a couple of cases of Aquafresh.

(I can't think of anything else I could easily buy that's UK-made :scratchchin: )

seahawk

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:27 am

Scottish Whisky, but which patriot would drink such things and not some Kentucky Bourbon?
Last edited by seahawk on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dutchy

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:35 am

seahawk wrote:
Scottish Whiskey, but which patriot would drink such things and not some Kentucky Bourbon?

There is no such thing as Scottish Whiskey, there is Whisky though. If you want to troll, and you know you want too, do it with the correct spelling :lol:

Dutchy

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:36 am

Although very funny, they will not achieve anything with it. Why anyone would put money into this is beyond me.

seahawk

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:38 am

Is it funny? Insulting the person, who is rightfully criticized for insulting minorities and other groups, is a bit like stepping down to this person´s level of intelligence. And as my parents said: "You can not win an insult exchange with an idiot. He will bring it down to his level and win through experience."

Dutchy

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:43 am

I agree, Seahawk, that's why I said: "they will not achieve anything with it.".

Airstud

Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:01 am

Dutchy wrote:

Bringing laughter to millions could be described as an achievement.

VTKillarney

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Although very funny, they will not achieve anything with it. Why anyone would put money into this is beyond me.

That £18,000 could have actually helped people in need. But it will at least give people whose minds are already made up a chortle.

einsteinboricua

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:25 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Would you care to make plain your position on this idea of the Big Baby, Yea or Nay?

If I were against it I would be protesting it...since I'm not, it's Yea for me.

bagoldex

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:47 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

That £18,000 could have actually helped people in need. But it will at least give people whose minds are already made up a chortle.

How much was spent on Trump's ego stroking rally last night in Montana? That could have helped people in need.

Tugger

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:07 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

That could be said for any political ad or statement. I take it you are thinking all those should end as well and the money be used to help people in need?

Tugg

VTKillarney

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Tugger wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

That could be said for any political ad or statement. I take it you are thinking all those should end as well and the money be used to help people in need?

Tugg

There is a spectrum of the value of spending on political matters. This is most definitely on the "not much value for the cost" end of the spectrum.

VTKillarney

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:21 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

This goes quite the opposite way. This is cheap for the political points. There are some serious concerns about trump and Brexit within England.

18K is nothing in terms of the amount many firms are said to be losing over Brexit.

I might see your point if this had something substantive to offer. It's funny, and that's about it.

casinterest

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:23 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Tugger wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Tugg

There is a spectrum of the value of spending on political matters. This is most definitely on the "not much value for the cost" end of the spectrum.

This goes quite the opposite way. This is cheap for the political points. There are some serious concerns about trump and Brexit within England.

18K is nothing in terms of the amount many firms are said to be losing over Brexit.

Tugger

Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:45 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Tugger wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Tugg

Really? How do arrive at that? £18,000.00 for worldwide global attention and conversation? Seems like a bargain to me. I mean the Roy Moore debacle cost over a million.

What Political ads, speech, spending etc. then meet your criteria? What must political speech accomplish? For what cost?

Tugg

N867DA

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 pm

This isn't a politically beneficial move like dismantling insurance for poorer Americans or ensuring willful environmental degradation can go unpunished, but at least it'll make people laugh.

Dutchy

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:40 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Tugger wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

Tugg

So is the tax breaks for the rich that Trump supporters brag about. Those funds realy could have helped a lot of people to improve their living standards in the US. That is definitely not much value for the cost.

How much tens of millions did Trump profit personally from this?

opticalilyushin

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:31 pm

Imagine if it broke loose and floated over the new US embassy... 8-)

WarRI1

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:16 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

If I were against it I would be protesting it...since I'm not, it's Yea for me.

I certainly appreciate the vote of Yea. I understand what I obviously did not last night.

Freakysh

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:42 am

Airstud wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Small minds hey.

How this is seen as funny, I have no idea.

Looks desperate and childish. Reminds me when I was younger and dumber and thought something was funny, but then you say it out loud and realise it's quite stupid and now you feel dumb.

A pea brained president vs pea brained opponents.

Idiocracy has arrived

stratosphere

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:49 am

Freakysh wrote:
Airstud wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Small minds hey.

Looks desperate and childish. Reminds me when I was younger and dumber and thought something was funny, but then you say it out loud and realise it's quite stupid and now you feel dumb.

Idiocracy has arrived

Well as much as I sometimes defend Trump I have to admit this is pretty funny only because Trump is so sensitive and reactive. Never saw a president that gets so butt hurt so easy. I say fly it.

seb146

Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 am

Freakysh wrote:
Airstud wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Small minds hey.

Idiocracy has arrived

Standard protests don't work with this guy. They simply distract him with shiny objects or Twitter so he does not see them. He does not read newspapers. He just knows that Jeff Bezos owns some newspaper and Bezos owns Amazon so hate Amazon.

Every other president before has, at least, acknowledged they have an opposition in a diplomatic way. "I don't agree with you, but protest" type thing. This guy just does not get it. He has such a disconnect it is insane.

VTKillarney

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 am

Protests like this actually drive him further to the right.

Airstud

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:40 am

VTKillarney wrote:

Gross.

scbriml

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:22 am

Freakysh wrote:

It's even funnier that you feel the need to tell us you don't find it funny. :rotfl:

Tugger

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:56 pm

VTKillarney wrote:

Yet again another example of him being a poor president! :innocent:

As Stratosphere noted, it is ridiculous how easily butt hurt he gets over some things. He shouldn't be that easily manipulated. No president should.

Tugg

tommy1808

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Freakysh wrote:

Idiocracy has arrived

The pea brained opponents got tens, if not hundreds of millions worth of PR for a couple of thousand.
That is pretty brilliant.

Best regards
Thomas

Freakysh

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:01 pm

scbriml wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

It's even funnier that you feel the need to tell us you don't find it funny. :rotfl:

Says more about you than it does about me.

Baby Trump is so tiring and boring, could have come up with something witty, something funny.

Tugger

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Freakysh wrote:
Baby Trump is so tiring and boring, could have come up with something witty, something funny.

You are a Democrat? I mean that is EXACTLY what Dems have been asking Republican's ever since he won the nomination and election!

Tugg

VTKillarney

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:00 pm

I think it’s fair to say that mainstream Democrats like these types of stunts whereas mainstream Republicans view them as entirely meaningless and juvenile.

Make of that what you will.

IMHO, this stunt will pander to the leftist base and that’s about it.

scbriml

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Freakysh wrote:

They did. The fact you don't find it funny is hilariously irrelevant. :rotfl:

texdravid

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Airstud wrote:

Small minds hey.

Idiocracy has arrived

Standard protests don't work with this guy. They simply distract him with shiny objects or Twitter so he does not see them. He does not read newspapers. He just knows that Jeff Bezos owns some newspaper and Bezos owns Amazon so hate Amazon.

Every other president before has, at least, acknowledged they have an opposition in a diplomatic way. "I don't agree with you, but protest" type thing. This guy just does not get it. He has such a disconnect it is insane.

Yeah, like the last guy, your messiah, who claimed any attempt to disagree with him as racist. Yeah that guy.

Yeah like the last guy who the media protected like the baby Jesus wannabe that they thought he was and claimed racism if you belittled him or opposed him.

Ok frankly don’t care how many flying baby trumps you guys put up there. Go for it, they are kinda funny and hilarious! It ain’t gonna soothe your bruised egos from 2016 however.
It just shows your hypocrisy that you wouldn’t tolerate it if your precious messiah got parodied....

VTKillarney

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Fair point. I suspect that most Republicans are happy to have the presidency rather than a balloon and hurt feelings.

noviorbis77

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:48 pm

People are free to protest, but I do wonder why there are not large scale protests when far worse world leaders come to London.

Some regimes have appalling Human Rights abuses, but few people bat an eyelid.

scbriml

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:51 pm

texdravid wrote:
Yeah, like the last guy, your messiah, who claimed any attempt to disagree with him as racist. Yeah that guy.

Yeah like the last guy who the media protected like the baby Jesus wannabe that they thought he was and claimed racism if you belittled him or opposed him.

Ok frankly don’t care how many flying baby trumps you guys put up there. Go for it, they are kinda funny and hilarious! It ain’t gonna soothe your bruised egos from 2016 however.
It just shows your hypocrisy that you wouldn’t tolerate it if your precious messiah got parodied....

Woah, triggered much? :rotfl:

Tugger

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:51 pm

texdravid wrote:
the last guy, your messiah,

What I find amazing is that many people actually believe this is the case, they must be unintelligent or unthinking (at least). Of course it is not but so many persist is spouting stupid thing like this as fact. But I can't stop people from being incoherent or saying incoherent things.

scbriml wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Woah, triggered much? :rotfl:

Easily and often (here at least)

Tugg

seb146

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:28 pm

texdravid wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Small minds hey.

Idiocracy has arrived

You all keep saying "if we disagree with Obama you call us racist" with absolutely zero proof.

Sgt. Bone Spurs aka the orange baby aka tRump attacks the media and supports racists. Not subtle racism but actual, in-your-face stuff.

Anyway, prove your statement about Obama and racism.

Freakysh

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:47 pm

scbriml wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

They did. The fact you don't find it funny is hilariously irrelevant. :rotfl:

How so?