Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WarRI1

Re: Walmart under fire over "impeach 45" shirts

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:16 am

VTKillarney wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
On this forum nobody was routinely referring to Obama as a body part during his presidency.

But, yeah, if you think that you have the moral high ground when you emulate juvenile losers, have at it. I won’t get in the way of anyone who is determined to wear their divisive immaturity on their sleeve.

I claim nothing, we make use of body parts to show our disrespect as he showed it by bragging about grabbing womens body parts. If we are immature doing this, what does that make him and those that mindlessly defend him? I also show him the respect that he shows War Hero's. I was tought to honor and respect those that gave their all to defend our country. Obviously he has no respect for many things and people. In my world, you earn respect, he has none from me.

Gotcha. That MAKES you refer to him on some two-bit Internet forum as Rump. Makes perfect sense. #resist

I have absolutely no idea what your reply means. Explain please the use of Gotcha and how it pertains to this discssion or my answer.

treetreeseven

Re: Walmart under fire over "impeach 45" shirts

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Bottom line: America was founded on a premise that the primacy of free expression is critical to a free society, and that any requirement of deference to those in power nullifies this critical role. Authoritarians of course cannot, by their very nature, comfortably abide such a system. And yet the grand experiment has persisted for some 330 years, and produced some very interesting results. Perhaps now this chapter is coming to a close, hastened by Twitter, Facebook, A.net, et al, which provide a convenient and pervasive setting where every random @hole can practice reductio ad absurdum regarding "deference to those in power not required" feature every waking moment of their lives. The end.