Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

nwadeicer
Topic Author

RIP Vinnie Paul (Pantera, Damageplan, HellYeah)

Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:40 am

Rock on with your brother Dimebag Darrell, you and your music will be missed. For those of you who have no idea who this man was. He was an incredible drummer for Pantera, Damageplan and Hellyeah. He witnessed his brother guitarist Dimebag Darrell, a member of their crew, as well as a fan and employee of the club being shot to death during a show in Ohio 2004.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former ... ead-at-54/

seb146

Re: RIP Vinnie Paul (Pantera, Damageplan, HellYeah)

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:51 am

That's too bad. I am not a fan of speed metal but there is a loyal following and I get it.

STT757

Re: RIP Vinnie Paul (Pantera, Damageplan, HellYeah)

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:09 pm

I got to see Pantera in concert twice, once in 1993 during the Vulgar Display of Power tour at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC, the second time in 1994 during the Far Beyond driven tour at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island.

The first show at Roseland in 1993 was awesome, it was a small intimate venue and the band was just playing with raw energy and the venue and crowds were awesome except one group. I remember there being a bunch of steroid up skinheads there fighting people in the pits. There was this one old black dude who looked like he was homeless just rocking out by himself, the Skinheads saw him and went after him. This old black dude kicked all of their asses, he was obviously some skilled martial art fighter because he was roundhouse kicking some pretty big dudes in the face and knocking them flat on their ass. After a few minutes they left him alone and moved on to attacking others.

The '94 show at Nassau though was terrible, the venue was terrible, the acoustics and their equipment was just garbage. For three weeks after that show when I would try to lay down and sleep at night there would be this ringing in my ears. The ringing seemed like it would never stop, I definitely think I suffered hearing damage from that show. Besides that near riot broke out, my seats were right where the hockey walls surrounding the rink were. The fans on the outside of the rink were disassembling the metal bolts connecting the pieces of wall surrounding the rink. At one point the walls came down and everyone poured into where the floor seats were. Just total chaos, I don't remember the banding being as on as they were at the smaller Roseland show. I think the venue, the crowd, and they were probably too intoxicated to play made for a not so memorable show.