Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

727LOVER
Topic Author

End of The Jerry Springer Show

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:59 pm

According to the Hollywood Reporter, “The Jerry Springer Show,” which launched in 1991 and has been produced in Stamford since 2009, has ceased producing new episodes after failing to receive an order for new episodes from its syndicator, NBCUniversal Television Distribution. The CW Network placed an order to air reruns of the series, but it did not seek new episodes.

https://westfaironline.com/103882/jerry ... -episodes/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPZ9ERklPJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k94REXRwAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OFX8dgA8M

The season 6 -10 era was the best !
LET GO OF HER HAIR! LET GO OF HER HAIR !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXEiGrXSe5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j688P5vSt-s

910A

Re: End of The Jerry Springer Show

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:04 am

I didn't know that this show, circus or whatever was still on the air. Gee, I wonder if I missed anything in the last 27 years?

NIKV69

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:09 am

We have our next presidential candidate

stlgph

Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:46 pm

I could go on and on and on and on here about Springer and my stories of him and you know, the time I was sitting in the audience and got dragged up on stage to offer a "critique" of the lifestyle of others. My friends and family still talk about it to this day, we'll just leave it at that.

But I'll just say this - Springer is one of the nicest men in the entertainment business. I hope he comes back in some shape or form.

And if you ever get the chance to see Jerry Springer - The Rock Opera. It's hilarious. Too bad it will pretty much be out of context in about 5-10 years.

Moose135

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

Well, he was mayor of Cincinnati in the late 70s, but he was born in England and thus is not eligible for the position. That said, I've heard him when he had a radio show in the past, where he wasn't doing his TV-show shtick, and he is intelligent, articulate, and had some very appealing policy ideas. He is a Democrat, Nick, so I imagine he won't be the type of TV star you would vote for. ;-)

DarkSnowyNight

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:23 pm

Moose135 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Well, he was mayor of Cincinnati in the late 70s, but he was born in England and thus is not eligible for the position. That said, I've heard him when he had a radio show in the past, where he wasn't doing his TV-show shtick, and he is intelligent, articulate, and had some very appealing policy ideas. He is a Democrat, Nick, so I imagine he won't be the type of TV star you would vote for. ;-)

Not only is all of that true, but he was also relatively young at the time of his tenure as a city councilman as well. Additionally, he actually had a substantial amount of that career occur after having been caught engaging in prostitution (paying for this with a check, no less). It's likely that if he ran for anything nowadays, he'd be a formidable candidate in any race he's eligible to run.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:00 am

Moose135 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Talk about going from hero to zero in no time at all!

TWA772LR

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:09 am

cpd wrote:
Moose135 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Talk about going from hero to zero in no time at all!

Jerry is as American as winning world wars and nuclear arms! A real hero!

seb146

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:13 pm

I guess producers found all the trailer parks.....

I watch his show Baggage from time to time. That is much more interesting and entertaining. I doubt he is going back into politics. Didn't he help Jaime Pressly gain fame? I saw his movie once and it seems that she was one of the main actors. I guess I could google it....

Casobs

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:23 pm

I lost interest when they toned down the fights.

My favorite episode was the guy who used to vomit in his girlfriend's mouth and she's drink it down. Like a half gallon of green chunky vomit. Mmmmmm.

Dutchy

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Jerry Springers knows how not to take himself to serious. A Dutch tv add with him from 2001....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7pbMtgrDK8

Brilliant, just brilliant.

EstherLouise

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 pm

I watched the Jerry Springer show once for shitz and giggles. Laughed my ass off the whole time. That was like 20 years ago. Fast forward to 2005. London. My girlfriend and I were on holiday and she sent me to buy tickets for a West End show. I came back with tickets to "Jerry Springer: The Opera" and the Cambridge Theatre. I figured it sounded intriguing. It was the funniest play I've ever seen. Especially when the Ku Klux Klan came out and did a song and dance. Most of the actors were black. HERE'S A YOU TUBE OF IT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7V2Zmbx5Y0

2707200X

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Much like the afternoon soap operas, these talk shows are coming to an end brought to you by 1-800-DENTIST, Survival Insurance, Eastwood Insurance, 1-800-THE-LAW2,and a dozen for profit colleges that are not here today.

When I was a kid and young adult in the late 90s I used to watch Jerry Springer all the time in the summer when school was out. the episodes were typically about but not exclusively about love triangles, secret crushes and cheating. In every episode the first guess would come on stage and discuss the situation and then the second guest would come on stage and the audience would boo him or her and then the second guest would charge at the audience member but not before the guards would stop the potential altercation. When all the guest were on stage, someone would use electric sounds like a mooing cow sound or a ding ding ringside bell sound and then the guest members would charge at each other with the audience shouting Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. I had fun watching the show but interest changed as I have gotten older.

I was surprised that it lasted as long as it did considering that the genre has been fading for a while but it was fun and interesting while it lasted.

stlgph

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:58 pm

EstherLouise wrote:
I watched the Jerry Springer show once for shitz and giggles. Laughed my ass off the whole time. That was like 20 years ago. Fast forward to 2005. London. My girlfriend and I were on holiday and she sent me to buy tickets for a West End show. I came back with tickets to "Jerry Springer: The Opera" and the Cambridge Theatre. I figured it sounded intriguing. It was the funniest play I've ever seen. Especially when the Ku Klux Klan came out and did a song and dance. Most of the actors were black. HERE'S A YOU TUBE OF IT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7V2Zmbx5Y0

That was one of the best musicals ever presented on a stage.
It was vulgar, hilarious, and just damn good.

Even better than the Klan number is the I Just Wanna Dance with the stripper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFTW153QV_M

And even BETTER than that is it was turned into a club hit - and mixed with some excellent footage of dancing movies, TV shows, and what have you throughout the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTltFMawao

Revelation

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:31 pm

But what about the children? That's how many of them learn what adults are really like, instead of the facade that adults put up for as long as they can pull it off.

I learned a lot about women from that show. In particular when two women are fighting over a guy they whip out their titties to demonstrate their superiority. Nice to see women can be just as low-brow as men.

DL717

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:55 am

There is a God.

PC12Fan

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 pm

DL717 wrote:
There is a God.

Already being discussed in another thread. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: