Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

salttee
Topic Author

Paul Manafort now in jail, pending trial.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Just like any gang member, Manafort threw away his freedom by harassing witnesses. Time is no longer on his side.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics ... index.html

ER757

Re: Paul Manafort now in jail, pending trial.

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Lock him up, lock him up, lock him up.......oh wait, they did?
Never mind

LittleFokker

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Here's to hoping that useless traitor never leaves jail.

Olddog

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 pm

I bet for a pardon next day :)

BN747

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 pm

Hmmmm...I must wonder what Hannity's spin on Manafort tofay is...

But this 2016 tweet from Hannity was this...

Sean Hannity

@seanhannity

.@newtgingrich: "Nobody should underestimate how much Paul Manafort did to really help get this [Trump] campaign to where it is right now."
7:08 PM - Aug 19, 2016

20K people are talking about this

...and wasn't it Bannon who said .."the path to the WH is possible but only thru Manafort"

And Traitor Trump says today, "He was only with the campaign for like 45 or 49 days, so..."

Try like 149 days...

...when LIARS Lie, they go Big!

BN747

Casobs

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Think of how sad his family and children are. What a hilarious image.

OA412

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Trump only hires the best people....

jetwet1

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:43 pm

If you've never seen it, find the documentary "Get me Roger Stone" it will show you how Trump got elected using classic Stone, Manafort and Black tactics......

910A

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Mr. Manafort is in for an interesting experience. Waiting in a pen with other inmates waiting to be process. Getting the one over inspection. Jump suit. Having to follow orders. No cell phone for his use. Learning to play with the others in jail.

Tugger

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Odd to realize that Trump hates the FBI, his AG Sessions, his fellow Republican's when they work together, the "Allies" of the USA, etc. But loves Kim and NK and Russia and edge Republican's that the party distances itself from...

Interesting times we live in.

Tugg

jetero

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
If you've never seen it, find the documentary "Get me Roger Stone" it will show you how Trump got elected using classic Stone, Manafort and Black tactics......

It is very difficult and eerie to watch. No doubt Stone is caught up in this mess. Would love to see him go to the slammer.

Revelation

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:27 am

Olddog wrote:
I bet for a pardon next day :)

Yep, he's a made man in La Cosa Nausia.

Airstud

Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:06 am

"Wow, what a tough sentence for Paul Manafort" tweets Trump.

Evincing his non-understanding of the fact that sentencing is what happens at the end of a trial.

Very smart, so very smart...

910A

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:54 am

Manafort, Paul
Inmate # 00045343
Booking # 1801680
Booking time 6/15/2018 8:22:00 PM
VIP

http://www.nnrj.state.va.us/XJailWebSit ... mates.aspx

Currently in the VIP section. VIP means you get your cell for protective reasons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... 3b3bb1cd61

Aesma

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:05 am

Airstud wrote:

Evincing his non-understanding of the fact that sentencing is what happens at the end of a trial.

Dumb, senile, or both, the jury is still out !

Airstud

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:11 am

Aesma wrote:
Airstud wrote:

Dumb, senile, or both, the jury is still out !

Is the jury really still out on Trump being dumb??

Trump makes Dubya himself look like Jed. Freakin. Bartlett.

seb146

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:12 am

I am still waiting for an honest answer from the tRump apologists over this:

A number of people under Obama testified under oath for many things and people still think there were crimes committed, even though none were found. We are seeing people actually being charged with actual crimes but the reaction is "HILLARY IS GUILTY!" or "but, but but...." Why?

jetero

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:42 am

seb146 wrote:

A number of people under Obama testified under oath for many things and people still think there were crimes committed, even though none were found. We are seeing people actually being charged with actual crimes but the reaction is "HILLARY IS GUILTY!" or "but, but but...." Why?

You’ll never get an answer, and we need to stop asking the question and just accept that they’re absolutely incapable of reason.

Casobs

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:41 pm

jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:

You’ll never get an answer, and we need to stop asking the question and just accept that they’re absolutely incapable of reason.

His charges have zero to do with Trump. They are from years before. They only just found out. They are completely unrelated to the Russia investigation. The prosecutor said as much during the hearing.

Jouhou

Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:04 pm

What I want to know, is how Manafort thought he could possibly get away with any of this. Yeah, he might be screwed and desperate, but he was allowed to await trial outside of jail. He was under close monitoring. And yet he kept trying to weasel out when he couldn't get away with it and just lost his undeserved freedom. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

seb146

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Casobs wrote:
jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:

His charges have zero to do with Trump. They are from years before. They only just found out. They are completely unrelated to the Russia investigation. The prosecutor said as much during the hearing.

So it is acceptable for tRump to surround himself with criminals but Hillary is an actual criminal because a bunch of opinion outlets calling themselves news says she is? Nope. Sorry. It does not work that way.

Casobs

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
Casobs wrote:
jetero wrote:

So it is acceptable for tRump to surround himself with criminals but Hillary is an actual criminal because a bunch of opinion outlets calling themselves news says she is? Nope. Sorry. It does not work that way.

Where did I say it was acceptable? It's not acceptable. That's probably one of the reasons he was fired from the campaign. I'd imagine they found out he was shady too.

All I said was the fact that this case has nothing to do with Trump. That is a fact.

Casobs

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Jouhou wrote:
What I want to know, is how Manafort thought he could possibly get away with any of this. Yeah, he might be screwed and desperate, but he was allowed to await trial outside of jail. He was under close monitoring. And yet he kept trying to weasel out when he couldn't get away with it and just lost his undeserved freedom. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Because it's easy to get away with stuff like this. If he hadn't been in the public eye with the campaign he'd be fine.

Same reason people don't pay taxes. The vast majority of the time you get away with it.

seb146

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Casobs wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Casobs wrote:

Where did I say it was acceptable? It's not acceptable. That's probably one of the reasons he was fired from the campaign. I'd imagine they found out he was shady too.

All I said was the fact that this case has nothing to do with Trump. That is a fact.

And facts have a liberal bias

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-is-p ... obe-2017-3

Manafort was tRump's campaign chair. That is a pretty big "nothing" in connection with tRump. Or is this another apology for him?

Casobs

Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:51 pm

seb146 wrote:
Casobs wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Manafort was tRump's campaign chair. That is a pretty big "nothing" in connection with tRump. Or is this another apology for him?

Yes he was. He was also fired.

This case has nothing to do with Trump.

I know you are a rabid liberal but calm down.

jetero

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Casobs wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Casobs wrote:

The specific charges may not be directly related to the campaign but it sure as hell is relevant to the broader investigation. One doesn’t have to be a “rabid liberal” to see that.

Mueller was separately specifically authorized by Rosenstein to investigate Manafort-Russia collusion during the Trump campaign. Charges can still be brought. A likely reason they haven’t is because they’re trying to strongarm his cooperation against someone bigger.

In the context of Mueller’s past dalliances with dictators, the cast of characters he surrounded himself with, the active and open lobbying he did on behalf of Russian interests, the rewriting of the Republican Party platform, and the laundry list of questionable (at best) activity involving Trump and Russia from day one, I’d say you’re at big risk of overplaying your “nothing to see here” hand.

I’d also say you’re a bit naive if you think this perennial grandstanding dissembles wouldn’t be making hay about firing Manafort (or at least staying silent on the subject) if that were the real reason.

Casobs

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:39 pm

jetero wrote:
Casobs wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The specific charges may not be directly related to the campaign but it sure as hell is relevant to the broader investigation. One doesn’t have to be a “rabid liberal” to see that.

Mueller was separately specifically authorized by Rosenstein to investigate Manafort-Russia collusion during the Trump campaign. Charges can still be brought. A likely reason they haven’t is because they’re trying to strongarm his cooperation against someone bigger.

In the context of Mueller’s past dalliances with dictators, the cast of characters he surrounded himself with, the active and open lobbying he did on behalf of Russian interests, the rewriting of the Republican Party platform, and the laundry list of questionable (at best) activity involving Trump and Russia from day one, I’d say you’re at big risk of overplaying your “nothing to see here” hand.

I’d also say you’re a bit naive if you think this perennial grandstanding dissembles wouldn’t be making hay about firing Manafort (or at least staying silent on the subject) if that were the real reason.

Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you. Manafort is a crook and a Traitor. But so far there's no evidence it's been linked to getting Trump elected. We will see with the conclusion of the investigation.

seb146

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Casobs wrote:
Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you. Manafort is a crook and a Traitor. But so far there's no evidence it's been linked to getting Trump elected.

He was chair of the tRump election committee. Getting tRump elected was kinda his job.

jetero

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Casobs wrote:
Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you. Manafort is a crook and a Traitor. But so far there's no evidence it's been linked to getting Trump elected. We will see with the conclusion of the investigation.

What do you mean,

so far there's no evidence it's been linked to getting Trump elected

What is it?

Manafort being a crook and a traitor?

Casobs

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 pm

seb146 wrote:
Casobs wrote:
Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you. Manafort is a crook and a Traitor. But so far there's no evidence it's been linked to getting Trump elected.

He was chair of the tRump election committee. Getting tRump elected was kinda his job.

Yes it was. Until he was fired from the campaign. I'll bet they found out the same things the feds did.

Casobs

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:07 pm

jetero wrote:
Casobs wrote:

What do you mean,

What is it?

So far there's been no link to his Russia and Ukraine dealings with getting Trump elected or collusion with the campaign. The federal prosecutor said that during the hearing last week.

I'm sure there's something there but seeing there's been no report yet I'm not going to make it seem like a slam dunk then be embarrassed if it comes out there was no collusion with anyone. That is a possibility.

jetero

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:18 pm

Casobs wrote:
jetero wrote:
Casobs wrote:

What do you mean,

What is it?

So far there's been no link to his Russia and Ukraine dealings with getting Trump elected or collusion with the campaign. The federal prosecutor said that during the hearing last week.

I'm sure there's something there but seeing there's been no report yet I'm not going to make it seem like a slam dunk then be embarrassed if it comes out there was no collusion with anyone. That is a possibility.

Thanks for the clarification. I get a bit impatient with the parroting of the “no collusion” and “no obstruction” statements. I guess people could argue no “evidence” has been made public by Mueller, ergo there have been no charges (yet), but I think people are entirely out of their mind making such statements given what has been disclosed or taken place publicly.

Trump’s role in all of this is yet to be seen, but I find it difficult to believe he wasn’t complicit.

salttee
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Casobs wrote:
Until he was fired from the campaign. I'll bet they found out the same things the feds did.
They found out that the MSM had found out that Manafort was the architect behind Viktor Yushchenko's rise to power in Ukraine. It was also apparent by that time that Viktor Yushchenko was Putin's puppet.

seb146

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:23 am

Casobs wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Casobs wrote:

Yes it was. Until he was fired from the campaign. I'll bet they found out the same things the feds did.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/us/p ... trump.html

From the article, it sounds like they were not so upset about Manifort's Russian connections as tRump was with Manifort's style of running campaigns. In the week leading up to Manifort leaving the campaign, tRump called him "low energy." It sounds like it was a tRump decision rather than a group decision.

tommy1808

Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:19 am

Casobs wrote:

We know that Mueller refers criminal stuff he does come across that doesn't involve collusion/Russian influence to other parts of law enforcement, so while these precise charges have nothing to do with Russia, it doesn't mean that Manaford isn't involved. Mueller simply hasn't made those things public by way of court documents yet, but he certainly is still subject to that investigation.

Best regards
Thomas

texdravid

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:24 pm

Manafort’s crimes do not in any way affect Trump. Another wet dream by liberals is not going to end well when they wake up.

Besides, we all know Trump will pardon anyone in his administration either during his term or on his last day in office. Clinton opened the floodgates with his Mark Rich pardon in 2001 so expect Trump to do the same.

All this breathless expectations about Trump being indicted or impeached is ridiculous because liberals don’t want to deal with the fact that their party is a disaster and their views are shared only by urban miscreants in crowded coastal nasty cities.

2122M

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:53 pm

texdravid wrote:
Manafort’s crimes do not in any way affect Trump. Another wet dream by liberals is not going to end well when they wake up.

Besides, we all know Trump will pardon anyone in his administration either during his term or on his last day in office. Clinton opened the floodgates with his Mark Rich pardon in 2001 so expect Trump to do the same.

All this breathless expectations about Trump being indicted or impeached is ridiculous because liberals don’t want to deal with the fact that their party is a disaster and their views are shared only by urban miscreants in crowded coastal nasty cities.

Trump's entire sphere of influence during his campaign has been named in some way by this probe. You really think this has nothing to do with your Lord and Savior Donald Drumpf?

At the very least, could you admit that Trump made some really horrific hiring decisions while he was on the campaign trail talking often about how he will have "the best people"? So far it looks like he had the worst people. and all of them were talking to Russia. To help get him elected.

Enjoy your bubble, I suspect it will burst soon enough. You'll probably be in too much denial to notice though.

Go ahead and hurl some insults my way now. Oh yea, and be sure to mention Obama or Hilary for no reason.

Ok, go!

Casobs

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:58 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Casobs wrote:

We know that Mueller refers criminal stuff he does come across that doesn't involve collusion/Russian influence to other parts of law enforcement, so while these precise charges have nothing to do with Russia, it doesn't mean that Manaford isn't involved. Mueller simply hasn't made those things public by way of court documents yet, but he certainly is still subject to that investigation.

Best regards
Thomas

Yeah that's why I'm not acting like it's a slam dunk like most people here. I believe in the process of the law.

If it comes out he's complicit he needs to be hung. If he's innocent then lots of people are going to be spinning it any way they can to avoid embarrassment.

seb146

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:01 pm

texdravid wrote:

I looked up the history of Marc Rich. He was indicted in 1983. I suppose Clinton was running a shadow government then? Anyway, Rich never returned to the United States to face charges brought against him in 1983, I assume that was Clinton's doing? I mean, hey.... blame Clinton at every turn, right? Even Clinton bestie Scooter Libby agreed with the pardon of Rich. Bunch of liberals just pardoning each other, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Rich

Casobs

Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:08 am

salttee wrote:
Casobs wrote:
Until he was fired from the campaign. I'll bet they found out the same things the feds did.
They found out that the MSM had found out that Manafort was the architect behind Viktor Yushchenko's rise to power in Ukraine. It was also apparent by that time that Viktor Yushchenko was Putin's puppet.

This is why I always apply the Occam's razor to Trump and most things. I think him picking terrible people has more to do with him being a moron than some super secret big agenda to overthrow the government. I mean look at how he's been since in office...a disaster. He's clearly not a guy to plan ahead or stick to the script.

If there comes out that there was collusion I really think it'll be people in the edges and Trump had no knowledge or any involvement. He's just too big of an idiot.

jetero

Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:22 am

Casobs wrote:
salttee wrote:
Casobs wrote:

This is why I always apply the Occam's razor to Trump and most things. I think him picking terrible people has more to do with him being a moron than some super secret big agenda to overthrow the government. I mean look at how he's been since in office...a disaster. He's clearly not a guy to plan ahead or stick to the script.

If there comes out that there was collusion I really think it'll be people in the edges and Trump had no knowledge or any involvement. He's just too big of an idiot.

I was there this time last year but if Junior knew enough to meet with people for “dirt,” there is no way Daddy didn’t know. And Daddy could’ve said no.

Of course when it does come out that Trump had at least some degree of knowledge, it’ll be waived off as a “nothing burger” by his base of fanatics and they’ll dig their heels in deeper. I didn’t think they had much farther to go, but I’ve been proven wrong day after day.

CitizenJustin

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm

texdravid wrote:

“Urban miscreants in crowded coast nasty cities”

You mean Americas premier, world class cities that receive the most tourists and drive the American economy. Miscreants? The liberal cities you speak of have far lower crime rates than most medium sized, conservative cities in the Midwest. Coastal cities like NYC are a testament to the strength, innovation and pride of the American people. Far better in my opinion than the cultural void of ignorance, obesity and strip malls that make up the majority of flyover country.

texdravid

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 pm

And your statement is why Trump won in 2016 and will continue to win.

Your high brow, ivory tower hatred of flyover country is well recognized by the masses and they vote accordingly.

Thus you liberals never learned the lesson of 2016 and are doomed to repeat it.

Large urban cores are, by confirmed data, crime statistics and data are areas of immense crime. Detroit or Chicago more safe than Kansas City??

Are you mad?

Los Angeles and San Francisco have less of a drug problem than Dallas? Get real.

You do what most liberals do...you think isolated rich areas of LA like Palos Verde Estates or Malibu or Westchester county or Central Park West in New York are somehow the examples of the richness and vitality of the big urban cores when they are in reality the rare exception to urban decay and racial and financial inequality.

If flyover country cities are so bad why are so many businesses and people moving to Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta?

Do try again...it is early in the day!

Casobs

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
texdravid wrote:

“Urban miscreants in crowded coast nasty cities”

You mean Americas premier, world class cities that receive the most tourists and drive the American economy. Miscreants? The liberal cities you speak of have far lower crime rates than most medium sized, conservative cities in the Midwest. Coastal cities like NYC are a testament to the strength, innovation and pride of the American people. Far better in my opinion than the cultural void of ignorance, obesity and strip malls that make up the majority of flyover country.

This is great.

One side thinks the other is subhuman and worthless and vice versa. I love that.

bhill

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Casobs wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Casobs wrote:

Then explain the Trump Tower visit....if you are trying to say NO ONE on Trumps campaign knew what was going on..especially Manafort..you are delusional

Casobs

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:06 pm

bhill wrote:
Casobs wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Then explain the Trump Tower visit....if you are trying to say NO ONE on Trumps campaign knew what was going on..especially Manafort..you are delusional

Where did I say that? The investigation is ongoing.

Manafort has faced no charges related to the election. Yet.

Maybe he will. Maybe Trump will be impeached. Maybe it comes out nothing actually happened. My whole point is that nobody knows yet. Let the justice system work. Jumping to conclusions about guilt it innocence is dangerous.

bhill

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:08 pm

texdravid wrote:

Your high brow, ivory tower hatred of flyover country is well recognized by the masses and they vote accordingly.

Large urban cores are, by confirmed data, crime statistics and data are areas of immense crime. Detroit or Chicago more safe than Kansas City??

Are you mad?

Los Angeles and San Francisco have less of a drug problem than Dallas? Get real.

You do what most liberals do...you think isolated rich areas of LA like Palos Verde Estates or Malibu or Westchester county or Central Park West in New York are somehow the examples of the richness and vitality of the big urban cores when they are in reality the rare exception to urban decay and racial and financial inequality.

If flyover country cities are so bad why are so many businesses and people moving to Dallas, Houston, and Atlanta?

Like Palm Beach Florida? We did learn, and are still learning how easy it is to manipulate a election...just add Russians, online media, with a shit ton of bots spreading falsehoods, jerrymandering and an electorate that ate that shit up...We also are learning how the Constitution works and the Special Counsel works as well...and the "T" is silent in the word INDICTMENT....

seb146

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:42 pm

texdravid wrote:

Are you mad?

Good for you knowing geography! You get a gold star!

If there are two people and on murders the other, that means a 50% crime rate. If there are 100 people and ten of them murder, that means a 10% crime rate. If one were to manipulate the numbers, one could say how horrible it must be to live in an area with a 50% crime rate. Conversely, one could that that living with multiple murderers is awful.

Also, I find it ironic that you name off all these "horrible" metropolitan areas and then wonder why people are moving to metropolitan areas.

I grew up in "flyover" country. I know what they say and how they act. Especially to those different than them. Brown skin, gays, trans, different religion. They are not to be trusted, so the whites do everything to make any "minority" feel unwelcome. It is what they do. Distrustful of anyone else. Because of low information.

Maybe you should spend a year or two in one of those "liberal" areas. You might learn something more than just place names....

jetero

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 pm

bhill wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Are you mad?

Like Palm Beach Florida? We did learn, and are still learning how easy it is to manipulate a election...just add Russians, online media, with a shit ton of bots spreading falsehoods, jerrymandering and an electorate that ate that shit up...We also are learning how the Constitution works and the Special Counsel works as well...and the "T" is silent in the word INDICTMENT....

Dinesh has lots of voices in his head.

Any large city located on a coast is bad. Plus Chicago and Detroit, and I'm sure I know why those make the cut.

But the fourth, fifth, and ninth largest MSAs in the country are A-OK. (Nevermind the counties of all three principal cities voted solidly Democratic.)

Anyone who is a Democrat has to live in a "high brow ivory tower," has to "hate flyover country" and must think that "isolated rich areas of LA like Palos Verde Estates or Malibu or Westchester county or Central Park West in New York are somehow the examples of the richness and vitality of the big urban cores." Because. It. Just. Isn't. Possible. That. People. Vote. Democrat. Based. On. What. They. Believe.

He also seems to think that the "masses vote accordingly," but conveniently forgets that Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million. Of course that's probably not possible in his head so it must mean widespread voter fraud.

I wonder where Dinesh's anger comes from? Life after the pardon not as full as you had hoped? Still bummed that Trumpy Bear gave an inch yesterday? I assume you weren't lying and he's since completely lost your support.

Try laying off those blood pressure meds for another week, D. You're doing so well!!!!

texdravid

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:55 pm

You liberals are insane. Your precious coastal cities are a conglomeration of filth and violence and homelessness and you have the absolute gall to deny it?

https://www.city-journal.org/html/left- ... 15976.html

San Francisco’s downtown is emblematic Of utter urban decay and lawlessness.

Progressivism has ruined many a formerly great city. The example of San Francisco being a shiny city of hills along the coast with a world class harbor and beauty is a far gone memory, flushed into oblivion by the leftists and communists on the city council and by the far left mayors.

Shame. These idiots don’t get it and never will. Tourists patience is not infinite.

And I just love how your comeback to these posts by me is just to say “blood pressure” or “meds”!!
Ha ha it is your liberals who need your shock collars and psych meds. Liberalism by definition a mental disease. Own it. Ha ha ha ha.