User avatar
MrHMSH
Topic Author
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:30 pm

The FIFA World Cup is nearly upon us, so now is the time to get hyped, ready for the inevitable disappointment. I'm really looking forward to it personally, and I think we should have a thread for developments, discussion and updates.

First match is a political onlooker's wet dream: Russia vs Saudi Arabia. Not going to be the best match ever but the buildup and jokes around it probably will make it great for the armchair viewer.
 
JJJ
Posts: 2827
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:12 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:10 pm

MrHMSH wrote:
The FIFA World Cup is nearly upon us, so now is the time to get hyped, ready for the inevitable disappointment.


Italians beat you to that.
 
2122M
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:23 pm

As the good 'ole US of A decided (totally by choice) to sit this one out, I need a team to get behind. My instinct is England as I lived there for a little while many years ago, but I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas?
 
af773atmsp
Posts: 2246
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:26 pm

I'll cheer on Denmark, England, Poland, Sweden, Iceland, and Germany.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72

SY, DL, FI, FL, BA, EI, NW, MG, DY, EZY, F9, WN

MSP, BOS, JFK, DCA, LAX, SAN, MCO, RSW, PIE, ATL, DTW, PSP, ORD, MDW, MKE, MCI, IND, NAS, KEF, LHR, MUC, OSL, BOO, CPH, HEL, BUD, AMS, EDI, DUB
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15534
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

MrHMSH wrote:
The FIFA World Cup is nearly upon us, so now is the time to get hyped, ready for the inevitable disappointment.


Ah, a fellow Englishman! :duck:

2122M wrote:
My instinct is England as I lived there for a little while many years ago, but I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas?


Your instinct might need recalibrating. I don't expect England to get beyond the first knock-out round.

af773atmsp wrote:
I'll cheer on Denmark, England, Poland, Sweden, Iceland, and Germany.


Forget the rest and go with Germany. You'd be pretty much guaranteed of a team in the final.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6383
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Los geht's Deutschland, kämpfen und siegen!

I need to buy a jersey.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 5707
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:53 pm

JJJ wrote:
MrHMSH wrote:
The FIFA World Cup is nearly upon us, so now is the time to get hyped, ready for the inevitable disappointment.


Italians beat you to that.


And the Dutch.....

A friend of mine is Belgium, so he adopted me for the time being. Go Red Devils!
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 5707
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:56 pm

scbriml wrote:
Forget the rest and go with Germany. You'd be pretty much guaranteed of a team in the final.


'Football is a simple game: 22 men walk behind a ball for 90 minutes and in the end the Germans win.' :lol:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6687
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Germans won´t make it to the knock-out round.
 
User avatar
MrHMSH
Topic Author
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:41 pm

2122M wrote:
As the good 'ole US of A decided (totally by choice) to sit this one out, I need a team to get behind. My instinct is England as I lived there for a little while many years ago, but I'm open to suggestions. Any ideas?


Do not under any circumstances root for England. They will not be exciting and will not be good. The media storm over the hooligans will be the most exciting part. And that's still going to be depressing.

scbriml wrote:

Ah, a fellow Englishman! :duck:



Even on the internet something about our manner and demeanour gives us away. I'm kind of Asian though so at least I can distance myself from the shame.
 
User avatar
mke717spotter
Posts: 2052
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:32 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Poland stopped their streak of flopping in big tournaments two years ago in France, so it'd be nice if they can make it out of the group but I don't see them going further than that. They give up too many goals.

2122M wrote:
As the good 'ole US of A decided (totally by choice) to sit this one out

Here's to hoping we get a consolation prize of sorts when they vote on the 2026 hosts tomorrow.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2526
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:54 pm

England will disappoint of course, though I am happy to see a team that has a lot of fresh blood in it, of course with Alli, Dier and Kane you have 3 players that know each other and of course Alli and Kane can turn a game around by themselves.

Other than that, I have to route for Iceland, if only because they do bring fun back to the whole thing.
 
User avatar
Gonzalo
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Ok, as dreaming is ( still ) free of charge, I will say my born country is my election. We already twisted destiny a couple of times in 1930 and 1950 ( Maracanazo!! )
Vamos URUGUAY !!!!
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / Fairchild-227 / Ab318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789
 
ltbewr
Posts: 13336
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Here in the USA, most games will be played during working hours. Guess some will come in late, have a long lunch, or sneak steaming on their computers or smartphones, arrange meetings so not to interfere with their wanting to follow matches. Where I work, in a group of 100 or so people, we must have 20 who are fans of Football (Soccer), root for teams like Poland and Argentina. The last time of the World Cup, a restaurant on the ground floor was showing matches and you could follow the flow of the game just by their cheers there.
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:20 pm

As a German, I'm somewhat surprised at how convinced forum members from different countries are that Germany is going to take this one again.

Don't get me wrong, I support them and I'm ready to scream until I'm mute watching a nailbiter game with them in it, but their recent performance hasn't exactly awoken the optimist within me.
The qualifier round was impressive but out of all the friendlies in the run-up to the World Cup they won one, a breathtaking 2:1 against Saudi-Arabia.

That being said, I can't quite make out one team among the favorites that hasn't had some sort of crisis over the last year, missing players or something like that. The tournament seems really open to me which is why I can't wait for it to start.
Q400 E175 CRJ9 CRJX A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B738 B788
X3 LH 4U TP US YX SN EI FR LA YW IB CM
FRA STR HAM TXL ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT SJO PTY
 
fidelito
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 pm

I hope my country(Peru) has a good performance
Amante del relax y el placer
 
2122M
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm

scbriml wrote:
Your instinct might need recalibrating. I don't expect England to get beyond the first knock-out round.


You see Belgium and Panama both outdoing England? Certainly not Tunisia, right?
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 5707
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 pm

fidelito wrote:
I hope my country(Peru) has a good performance


Welcome and good luck for Peru. :bigthumbsup:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
2122M
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:57 pm

2122M wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Your instinct might need recalibrating. I don't expect England to get beyond the first knock-out round.


You see Belgium and Panama both outdoing England? Certainly not Tunisia, right?


Mis-read that.

But if they can win their group (possible), and you assume Colombia wins their group (likely), that means England gets a relative softball in the 1st knockout stage (Senegal/Poland/Japan). It's the quarter-finals that would then have them against Brazil if things go according to their plans.
 
Freakysh
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:57 pm

lugie wrote:
As a German, I'm somewhat surprised at how convinced forum members from different countries are that Germany is going to take this one again.

Don't get me wrong, I support them and I'm ready to scream until I'm mute watching a nailbiter game with them in it, but their recent performance hasn't exactly awoken the optimist within me.
The qualifier round was impressive but out of all the friendlies in the run-up to the World Cup they won one, a breathtaking 2:1 against Saudi-Arabia.

That being said, I can't quite make out one team among the favorites that hasn't had some sort of crisis over the last year, missing players or something like that. The tournament seems really open to me which is why I can't wait for it to start.


Lead up friendlies mean nothing, you'll be fine.

England will make the semis along with France and Portugal
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11724
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:29 am

Since Italy didn't qualify I am pulling for Croatia!
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
Freakysh
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Since Italy didn't qualify I am pulling for Croatia!


On paper, a great squad.

Croats have a knack of imploding when it's the business end.

Also half the team likes to party, the other half despises this lack of professionalism. We will see what happens.

Could be ok if the coach is allowed to pick the best team
 
User avatar
alberchico
Posts: 3131
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:52 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:54 am

http://www.espn.com/soccer/spain/story/ ... madrid-job

Spain just fired their coach a day before the WC begins :shock:
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !
 
User avatar
mad99
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 pm

fidelito wrote:
I hope my country(Peru) has a good performance


it won’t

you’ll be back to eating guinea pigs in no time!
 
User avatar
mad99
Posts: 1077
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:33 pm

alberchico wrote:
http://www.espn.com/soccer/spain/story/3524002/spain-sack-julen-lopetegui-as-coach-before-world-cup-after-taking-real-madrid-job

Spain just fired their coach a day before the WC begins :shock:


the coach took the real madrid job
 
Scorpius
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:25 pm

MrHMSH wrote:
The FIFA World Cup is nearly upon us, so now is the time to get hyped, ready for the inevitable disappointment. I'm really looking forward to it personally, and I think we should have a thread for developments, discussion and updates.

First match is a political onlooker's wet dream: Russia vs Saudi Arabia. Not going to be the best match ever but the buildup and jokes around it probably will make it great for the armchair viewer.

Of course, we are waiting for the championship. But the Russian national football team on it frankly not a place. Actually, in Russia there are no normal players, all they are good for is to act in advertising and for photo shoots of ladies ' magazines.
In fact, about the jokes - for the football team of Russia in this championship serves to make the official mascot of this souvenir:
Image
(a red object is a referee whistle)

I'm planning to be at the Sparrow hills (lol, so he translated the name "Воробьёвы горы" http://s3.msmap.ru/original/44.jpg) tomorrow, maybe take a photo from the opening ceremony.
 
Derico
Posts: 4287
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 1999 9:14 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 am

Oh! It takes a huge news event to wipe the World Cup from the map in Argentina, which is exactly what is happening .

That and the fact Messi will play three games this time around.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 5707
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Such a shame, the man whom is mr. Bribe from FIFA and whom gave to the WC to his pale Putin, will not attend the opening match tonight.

In Dutch: https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5310449/blatt ... -gaan.html
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
apodino
Posts: 3265
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:32 pm

So whats the over/under on number of Red Cards handed out?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15534
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Such a shame, the man whom is mr. Bribe from FIFA and whom gave to the WC to his pale Putin, will not attend the opening match tonight.

In Dutch: https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5310449/blatt ... -gaan.html


Blatter won't leave Switzerland because he's scared he'll be arrested.

Meanwhile, on the pitch, an ordinary looking Russia team thrashed the footballing giants that are Saudi Arabia 5-0.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
MrHMSH
Topic Author
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:33 pm

A high-scoring game of football where both teams were pretty poor. scbriml is pretty much spot on.

Tomorrow we have Egypt vs Uruguay, Morocco vs Iran and one of the only real blockbuster games in this group stage: Portugal vs Spain. I'm very excited for the latter, but it has all the hallmarks of a 0-0, a la Portugal vs Brazil in 2010. I really hope I'm wrong.
 
User avatar
SOBHI51
Posts: 3934
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:32 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:52 pm

scbriml wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Such a shame, the man whom is mr. Bribe from FIFA and whom gave to the WC to his pale Putin, will not attend the opening match tonight.

In Dutch: https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5310449/blatt ... -gaan.html


Blatter won't leave Switzerland because he's scared he'll be arrested.

Meanwhile, on the pitch, an ordinary looking Russia team thrashed the footballing giants that are Saudi Arabia 5-0.


:ashamed: :ashamed: :ashamed:
I am against any terrorist acts committed under the name of Islam
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 10115
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Putin has probably promised something to Saudi Arabia to be sure Russia would win that one.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 5707
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:04 pm

MrHMSH wrote:
Morocco vs Iran and one of the only real blockbuster games in this group stage: Portugal vs Spain. I'm very excited for the latter, but it has all the hallmarks of a 0-0, a la Portugal vs Brazil in 2010. I really hope I'm wrong.


Most probable indeed a 0-0 game, this will benefit both Portugal and Spain to move to the next round. They are playing the tournament not a single game 8-)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jordanh
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:43 am

scbriml wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Such a shame, the man whom is mr. Bribe from FIFA and whom gave to the WC to his pale Putin, will not attend the opening match tonight.
In Dutch: https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5310449/blatt ... -gaan.html

Blatter won't leave Switzerland because he's scared he'll be arrested.
Meanwhile, on the pitch, an ordinary looking Russia team thrashed the footballing giants that are Saudi Arabia 5-0.

Interestingly, six of Saudi's best players were reported to have suffered from unexpected plutonium poisoning the night before the game... such a sad coincidence...

;)
 
vrbarreto
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:21 pm

jordanh wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Such a shame, the man whom is mr. Bribe from FIFA and whom gave to the WC to his pale Putin, will not attend the opening match tonight.
In Dutch: https://www.nu.nl/voetbal/5310449/blatt ... -gaan.html

Blatter won't leave Switzerland because he's scared he'll be arrested.
Meanwhile, on the pitch, an ordinary looking Russia team thrashed the footballing giants that are Saudi Arabia 5-0.

Interestingly, six of Saudi's best players were reported to have suffered from unexpected plutonium poisoning the night before the game... such a sad coincidence...

;)


Yeah yeah yeah but in the next game.. The 6 extra legs and 4 extra heads each, helped them to destroy Uruguay. Anyone see the Uruguay VS Egypt today. Did Egypt finish with only 10 players and Suarez was running around picking red cloth out of his teeth?
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15534
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Hopefully tonight's Portugal vs Spain game will be a bit more entertaining than the other two borefests we've seen today. :zzz:

At the very least, the quality of the football has to be better. :crossfingers:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
StarAC17
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
Ok, as dreaming is ( still ) free of charge, I will say my born country is my election. We already twisted destiny a couple of times in 1930 and 1950 ( Maracanazo!! )
Vamos URUGUAY !!!!


No biting this time :duck:

scbriml wrote:
Hopefully tonight's Portugal vs Spain game will be a bit more entertaining than the other two borefests we've seen today. :zzz:

At the very least, the quality of the football has to be better. :crossfingers:


That was a good match!!
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!
 
wingman
Posts: 3361
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:15 pm

The world cup has officially begun with that match, phoah! I’d say there’s an an even chance Cristiano breaks the goal record in R1. I believe that stands at 6? I do feel better for Spain though knowing that 2 of the goals against came from situations where Cristiano is simply deadly. And the second goal a pretty dismal effort by De Gea. Oh well, sgould be nothing stopping both from advancing out of group play with performances like that.
 
User avatar
MrHMSH
Topic Author
Posts: 2196
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Well, well, well, what a scintillating match of football, had absolutely everything, and what a series of goals from Costa, Nacho and Ronaldo. The only way from here is down, gentlemen.

I'm very excited for the 4 matches tomorrow even if I'll miss France vs the Aussies.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15534
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:20 pm

scbriml wrote:
At the very least, the quality of the football has to be better. :crossfingers:


You read it here first!

What. A. Game. :bouncy:

Simply sensational. Football of the highest quality with two teams determined to win the game. Great stuff. I've already forgotten the two earlier games.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
Freakysh
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
Ok, as dreaming is ( still ) free of charge, I will say my born country is my election. We already twisted destiny a couple of times in 1930 and 1950 ( Maracanazo!! )
Vamos URUGUAY !!!!


No biting this time :duck:



https://youtu.be/vPnoLl3N45w
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2526
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:51 pm

2122M wrote:
You see Belgium and Panama both outdoing England? Certainly not Tunisia, right?


1-0 Belgium
0-0
0-0

And England are out.......Sad, but it is hard to feel positive with them until they prove me wrong.

scbriml wrote:
scbriml wrote:
At the very least, the quality of the football has to be better. :crossfingers:


You read it here first!

What. A. Game. :bouncy:

Simply sensational. Football of the highest quality with two teams determined to win the game. Great stuff. I've already forgotten the two earlier games.


Yes indeed, if Spain can get it's act together they will be hard to beat, they really had this game in hand in the second half, then imploded right at the end.
 
Planeflyer
Posts: 949
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:24 am

Fantastic day one! Spain’s Ronaldo was a great game
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 18033
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:32 am

ltbewr wrote:
Here in the USA, most games will be played during working hours. Guess some will come in late, have a long lunch, or sneak steaming on their computers or smartphones, arrange meetings so not to interfere with their wanting to follow matches. Where I work, in a group of 100 or so people, we must have 20 who are fans of Football (Soccer), root for teams like Poland and Argentina. The last time of the World Cup, a restaurant on the ground floor was showing matches and you could follow the flow of the game just by their cheers there.

Was walking up the stairs at my place of employ and heard a loud cheer.

I went into our cafeteria and saw a sizeable percentage of the work force watching the World Cup match on a big screen TV.

It was just as CR scored the equalizer.

We have a pretty diverse workforce.

I was the only Caucasian in the room.

fidelito wrote:
I hope my country(Peru) has a good performance

You're already ahead of the USA.

Aesma wrote:
Putin has probably promised something to Saudi Arabia to be sure Russia would win that one.

jordanh wrote:
Interestingly, six of Saudi's best players were reported to have suffered from unexpected plutonium poisoning the night before the game... such a sad coincidence...

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has it's beaches, it's homeland and thoughts of it's own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own
 
Planeflyer
Posts: 949
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:06 am

Sorry, meant Spain v Ronaldo was a great game. Wow!
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6743
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:57 am

I don't expect my country, Australia, to do much. I'm just glad that we made it to the World Cup. I would be happy if Tim Cahill scores a goal.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90,717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9,306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
alfa164
Posts: 2054
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:21 am

777Jet wrote:
I don't expect my country, Australia, to do much. I'm just glad that we made it to the World Cup. I would be happy if Tim Cahill scores a goal.

It looks like they won't have a chance: Putin just announced that Russian security agents had discovered a Ukrainian plot to bomb various World Cup venues... therefore, he has cancelled the rest of the competition and, since Russia won its game by the widest margin so far, it will be declared the World Cup Champion. Everybody else must go home.

Sorry, world.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15534
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:05 am

Planeflyer wrote:
Fantastic day one! Spain’s Ronaldo was a great game


:confused:

Planeflyer wrote:
Sorry, meant Spain v Ronaldo was a great game. Wow!


And it was day two!

Too much falling-down juice? :D
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 5707
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: FIFA World Cup Thread

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:52 am

alfa164 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
I don't expect my country, Australia, to do much. I'm just glad that we made it to the World Cup. I would be happy if Tim Cahill scores a goal.

It looks like they won't have a chance: Putin just announced that Russian security agents had discovered a Ukrainian plot to bomb various World Cup venues... therefore, he has cancelled the rest of the competition and, since Russia won its game by the widest margin so far, it will be declared the World Cup Champion. Everybody else must go home.

Sorry, world.


haha, somewhere in a dark place in my head I thought, yeah, sure this could happen.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Birdwatching and 57 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos