G7 summit ends in disarray as Trump abandons joint statement

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:10 am

seb146

Re: G7 summit ends in disarray as Trump abandons joint statement

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:17 am

alberchico wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44427660

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/g7-lead ... -1.4699658

Was it necessary to personally insult Trudeau ?

Would you expect anything else?

Because he has the best mind, he is the only one he consults, which makes so much sense, too

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop ... ser-220853

CCGPV

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:27 am

This next week in political news is going to be amazing.

I'm on the edge of my seat.

Aesma

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:34 am

Are these tariffs really being talked about in the US ? This trade war heating up will soon crash the world economy.

I know some will argue Trump is "negotiating" by being insulting, imposing tariffs etc., in order to then get a good deal. But in this case negotiating in good faith would have had a much better chance of succeeding.

Also, Trump might be of the opinion that the WTO is dead, but other countries are very far from that conclusion. So for example even if the EU might be OK to lower taxes on imported US cars, it can't actually do it. It must lower taxes on ALL IMPORTED CARS. End result, probably not one more US car sold in the EU, as the US simply doesn't make cars for that market, and even when it did, they were not imported but made in Europe; however, there would probably be more Korean cars on our roads.

LockheedBBD

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:43 am

Anyone remember these tweets?

Now:

"Trump again calls for readmitting Russia to G7"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/09/politics ... index.html

"I think it would be an asset to have Russia back in," Trump said during an impromptu press conference at the summit.

"I think it would be good for the world. I think it would be good for Russia. I think it would be good the United States. I think it would be good for all of the countries of the current G7. I think the G8 would be better."

Dutchy

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:13 am

alberchico wrote:

I thought it was a national security measure, but again blabber mouth Trump says it is because another tariff, so has nothing to do with national security. I se another court case coming up.

seb146

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:14 am

LockheedBBD wrote:
Anyone remember these tweets?

Now:

"Trump again calls for readmitting Russia to G7"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/09/politics ... index.html

"I think it would be an asset to have Russia back in," Trump said during an impromptu press conference at the summit.

"I think it would be good for the world. I think it would be good for Russia. I think it would be good the United States. I think it would be good for all of the countries of the current G7. I think the G8 would be better."

He certainly is loyal to the country who elected him....

MaverickM11

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:22 am

alberchico wrote:

That's all Trump knows how to do. And go bankrupt. The idea that poor, weak lil 'murrica is in the position it is today because it has been pushed around by mean other countries is ridiculous--even by Trumpanzee standards. America is the architect of its current state, and has been in the driver's seat on just about any trade deal, driven by politicians who are almost certainly still in office today.

777222LR

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:50 am

This is honestly awful. Here I saw the world as getting closer, more civil, then bring in Trump, and I lose all faith in American humanity. We are in a dictatorship, because let's be honest, this only serves his mind. He consults no one. Congrats republicans, you elected a king. We saw all of this coming, and it will continue until we are nothing. Every effing day is, "What has he gone and done now?"

Derico

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:16 am

I rarely comment on Trump because nothing changes in my life because of his actions, and especially because as a saying in another language goes " it's not the pig's fault he is so fat, but it is the fault of he who feeds it."
The other nations should simply announce they will no longer talk to Trump until he cuts out all the personal insults towards anyone and any leader, as well as insults towards entire groups from African nations, Caribbean, etc. And outright lies about how the world is out to get the Americans, which is feeding a very nasty xenophobic streak not very different at all from early 20s Europe.

The best thing everyone could do is not give any coverage AT ALL to that joke of a meeting somewhere in SE Asia, where the only thing that will be advanced is the megalomania of the two child men who staged it.
Last edited by Derico on Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Derico

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:17 am

double post

727LOVER

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:27 am

DELETE

Yall could not have handled that statement

blueflyer

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:16 am

Just how fragile is his ego?! We're ruled by a 5-year old.

nwadeicer

Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:53 am

727LOVER wrote:
DELETE

Yall could not have handled that statement

I believe it's "Y'all"

And thank you for sparing the group your awesome "couldn't handle that statement" You are indeed, awesome.

Freakysh

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:04 am

Don't worry. There's an investigation into Trump and Russian collusion. He'll be gone soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tugger

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:07 am

blueflyer wrote:

He is a poor president and unfortunately, like most all wealthy people and most certainly all presidents, he is surrounded by an echo chamber that protects and reinforces the lie of their "rightness". I do still genuinely think Trump is going senile or something similar, and that in conjunction with his natural bombast and arrogance,creates what we see today, the man that excites so many Americans that feel they lack that "freedom" and power. Proof of their fear and weakness. But they are many... unfortunately.

Tugg

MaverickM11

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:13 am

Soooo basically he’s friendly with Putin and Kim Jong Un now, who both have standing invitations to Mar a Lago? Do we have any allies he has yet to piss off?

Dutchy

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:15 am

Freakysh wrote:
Long live King Trump! :rotfl:

Freakysh

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:17 am

777222LR wrote:
This is honestly awful. Here I saw the world as getting closer, more civil, then bring in Trump, and I lose all faith in American humanity. We are in a dictatorship, because let's be honest, this only serves his mind. He consults no one. Congrats republicans, you elected a king. We saw all of this coming, and it will continue until we are nothing. Every effing day is, "What has he gone and done now?"

Oh man :lol: :lol:

Trump is the greatest thing on earth if it means enjoying rants like this.

MikeDrop

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:19 am

777222LR wrote:

I don't have any issue with your dislike of President Trump, but, please, drop the "we are in a dictatorship " crap. We are not even close to that and it honestly sounds foolish. When John McCain voted with the democrats in the Senate to continue Obamacare it handed Presiddnt Trump a defeat on a central policy agenda. If Trump were trying to be a dictator he would have arrested McCain, and the democrats who voted against him. Calling this a dictatorship is just dramatic bull shit.

Freakysh

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 am

MikeDrop wrote:
777222LR wrote:

I don't have any issue with your dislike of President Trump, but, please, drop the "we are in a dictatorship " crap. We are not even close to that and it honestly sounds foolish. When John McCain voted with the democrats in the Senate to continue Obamacare it handed Presiddnt Trump a defeat on a central policy agenda. If Trump were trying to be a dictator he would have arrested McCain, and the democrats who voted against him. Calling this a dictatorship is just dramatic bull shit.

Well Mike, I for one encourage this behaviour.

It's great to watch the left spiral into madness from self inflicted over dramatics. They'll soon be fainting left right and centre :lol:

seb146

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 am

Freakysh wrote:
777222LR wrote:

Here is the crazy part:

Righties, MSM, AM radio,etc. were screaming and crying and clutching pearls that Obama was such a tyrannical dictator and how dare he work with Congress and with other world leaders for this and that. All of that is coming true with tRump. What you righties were crying about Obama doing, THAT HE DID NOT, is all coming true under tRump and you all cheer it on.

Freakysh

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:32 am

seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
777222LR wrote:

Here is the crazy part:

Righties, MSM, AM radio,etc. were screaming and crying and clutching pearls that Obama was such a tyrannical dictator and how dare he work with Congress and with other world leaders for this and that. All of that is coming true with tRump. What you righties were crying about Obama doing, THAT HE DID NOT, is all coming true under tRump and you all cheer it on.

Oh dear, I'm not a rightie. You're barking up the wrong tree brosef

seb146

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:35 am

MikeDrop wrote:
777222LR wrote:

I know you righties hate any negative reports about dear leader or any schools but

http://www.newsweek.com/harvard-politic ... acy-778425

And any reports that show him in a negative light are IMMEDIATELY called fake. Anyone who voices an opinion against dear leader are called fake. Calling immigrants dogs (didn't another dictator call Jews animals?) And you righties eat it up.

seahawk

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:40 am

Awesome, that is how you handle liberal lies.

Freakysh

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:56 am

seahawk wrote:
Awesome, that is how you handle liberal lies.

Yep.

The more they make claims without any actual proof to back their claims, the further they back themselves into a corner and the more outrageous the claims become.

It started off with the fairly innocuous Trump colluded with Russians and we'll get him impeached. But, oh no, we have proof so let's up the ante.

We are now at the dictator/authoritarian stage. But since they couldn't prove the more simpler accusations, this has no legs. They will convince themselves it's true though and will spiral further into madness because outside the leftie world, this isn't reality. They won't stop until they end up rocking in the corner in a fetal position.

What's next I wonder? :lol:

I watch on with excitement :wave:

Tugger

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:05 am

Freakysh wrote:
I watch on with excitement :wave:

Your type is always so fun to watch. Stupid but fun.

Ride 'em cowboy! :bigthumbsup:

Tugg

aviationaware

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:29 am

Well the news were predictable. In real news, the US has fewer tariffs than the other G7 countries. Trump made an excellent suggestion for a tariff free G7 zone as he left. That would be beneficial for all, as the G7 are on a similar level of prosperity and there is little potential to export labor to cheaper havens within such a zone.

By doing that, Trump tossed the ball to the other G7 countries, and they clearly didn't like the idea of free trade. That's good to know. To anyone with a brain, it was the EU countries and Canada who crashed the G7 summit, not Trump. To the news media, of course it was Trump. This is no surprise.

Freakysh

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:41 am

aviationaware wrote:
Well the news were predictable. In real news, the US has fewer tariffs than the other G7 countries. Trump made an excellent suggestion for a tariff free G7 zone as he left. That would be beneficial for all, as the G7 are on a similar level of prosperity and there is little potential to export labor to cheaper havens within such a zone.

By doing that, Trump tossed the ball to the other G7 countries, and they clearly didn't like the idea of free trade. That's good to know. To anyone with a brain, it was the EU countries and Canada who crashed the G7 summit, not Trump. To the news media, of course it was Trump. This is no surprise.

Pffft.

We all know the sky is falling.

Mods, can we check this guys IP address.

I've a feeling he's a paid Russian troll.

aviationaware

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:51 am

"Anyone disagreeing with me is a bot and/or Russian troll." - reasons why you will lose both the midterms and 2020.

LockheedBBD

Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:40 am

Tugger wrote:
blueflyer wrote:

I do still genuinely think Trump is going senile or something similar

Tugg

How dare you defame the president :grumpy: . Mr. Trump is in fact, a very stable genius, and like, really smart :liar: .

MaverickM11

Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:16 am

LockheedBBD wrote:
Tugger wrote:
blueflyer wrote:

I do still genuinely think Trump is going senile or something similar

Tugg

How dare you defame the president :grumpy: . Mr. Trump is in fact, a very stable genius, and like, really smart :liar: .

If you want to look pretty, stand next to Sarah Huckabee. If you want to look smart, stand next to Giuliani :rotfl:

WIederling

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:11 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
If you want to look pretty, stand next to Sarah Huckabee.

"Look pretty" :: So that is how Ms. Merkel does it. ( sit next to Peter Altmaier. :-)

einsteinboricua

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:20 pm

aviationaware wrote:

I'm confused. If it's Trump who is for free trade and not the G7, why is Trump the one putting up tariffs in the first place? Tariffs and free trade don't mix, you know. That's why it's called FREE.

I believe conservatives are suffering from a delusional "have cake and eat it too" moment: let the US set up tariffs while everyone else lowers/eliminates them.

Mir

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Freakysh wrote:

Cheering the destruction of the American system of government, American leadership and credibility on the world stage, and the American economy to own the libs. Whatever matters most to you, I guess.

Freakysh

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Mir wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Cheering the destruction of the American system of government, American leadership and credibility on the world stage, and the American economy to own the libs. Whatever matters most to you, I guess.

Oh yeah, there's no recovering from this :lol:

RUOK?

CCGPV

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Mir wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Zero has changed with the way the US government functions. Stop being dramatic.

American "credibility" will rebound instantly when the next Democrat is elected. We saw it with Obama. The world embraced and loved him and awarded him prizes before even taking office. Its all theater.

And the American economy will be just fine. Everyone predicted a collapse when he was elected and look where we are now (they'll say all Obama's doing) and the second the next correction or recession happens it will 100% be blamed on Trump. Its all a game.

MaverickM11

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:25 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

I'm confused. If it's Trump who is for free trade and not the G7, why is Trump the one putting up tariffs in the first place? Tariffs and free trade don't mix, you know. That's why it's called FREE.

I believe conservatives are suffering from a delusional "have cake and eat it too" moment: let the US set up tariffs while everyone else lowers/eliminates them.

Yah we can totes trust the guy that ran on blowing up trade deals, economic nationalism, and subsidizing coal to push free trade...

seahawk

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:29 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Mir wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

American "credibility" will rebound instantly when the next Democrat is elected. We saw it with Obama. The world embraced and loved him and awarded him prizes before even taking office. Its all theater.

And the American economy will be just fine. Everyone predicted a collapse when he was elected and look where we are now (they'll say all Obama's doing) and the second the next correction or recession happens it will 100% be blamed on Trump. Its all a game.

It a brave prediction, considering that Trump is destroying the liberals so much that they won´t win an election in the next 3 decades at least.

WIederling

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:35 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
That's why it's called FREE.

And by intention that "FREE" never went beyond unhindered US access to foreign markets.
The reverse was never expected to work out.

CCGPV

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:37 pm

seahawk wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Mir wrote:

It a brave prediction, considering that Trump is destroying the liberals so much that they won´t win an election in the next 3 decades at least.

The only thing he's destroying is his own legacy.

seb146

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:47 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Mir wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Will the economy be fine?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/politics ... index.html

Congress rolled back the protections that were put in place after the financial collapse of 2008.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/opinions ... index.html

To further the damage, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is being dismantled.

This is not good, this is not okay.

DL717

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:48 pm

seb146 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
777222LR wrote:

I know you righties hate any negative reports about dear leader or any schools but

http://www.newsweek.com/harvard-politic ... acy-778425

And any reports that show him in a negative light are IMMEDIATELY called fake. Anyone who voices an opinion against dear leader are called fake. Calling immigrants dogs (didn't another dictator call Jews animals?) And you righties eat it up.

He called drug dealing murdering illegal aliens “dogs”, which is what they are. You lefties need to quit lying.

DL717

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:50 pm

CCGPV wrote:
seahawk wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

I find it humorous you think even even cares about a legacy. Only lame ducks like Obama care about their legacy. It why Obama layed down and took it like a puss.

Freakysh

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:59 pm

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Mir wrote:

Congress rolled back the protections that were put in place after the financial collapse of 2008.

To further the damage, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is being dismantled.

Oh wow CNN. Are we on candid camera?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's been a great day on airliners.net

Thanks for the laughs guys

CCGPV

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:02 pm

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Mir wrote:

Yeah, the economy will be fine. We're going to have another correction and another recession and maybe a depression at some point in the future. Its always happened and will always happen. Its the nature of the economy.

CCGPV

DL717 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I find it humorous you think even even cares about a legacy. Only lame ducks like Obama care about their legacy. It why Obama layed down and took it like a puss.

Everyone cares about their legacy. Everyone wants to feel liked and important. Trump especially so.

DL717

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
Mir wrote:

Actually it is okay. It’s called a free economy.

DL717

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:04 pm

CCGPV wrote:
DL717 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Everyone cares about their legacy. Everyone wants to feel liked and important. Trump especially so.

No, he doesn’t. He’s not focused on his world image. He focused on getting things done, which is why the left and wuss politicians on the right can’t stand him. They don’t want to get things done, they just want to massage each other and take in their millions in kickbacks.

steveinbc

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:28 pm

The simple truth is that many of the G7 have relied upon the USA for decades to drive the world economy. For the USA to continue to spend while they've chosen austerity. To rely upon the USA for defence. So Trump's claim that the USA is their piggy bank and they're all putting their hands into it is quite true.
Whether you like him or not, Trump is trying to shake things up and the only way to burst through the thick skins of politicians is to stamp your feet and speak in forceful terms. You can bet they will also vent publicly then change their strategies when they're back home.
As for Trudeau most of us in western Canada also see him as weak and dishonest.....so no arguments there!!