Aesma

Re: G7 summit ends in disarray as Trump abandons joint statement

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:16 pm

Kim is an all powerful dictator. He wants things out of this meeting, but at the end of the day, he doesn't need anything. The US has not much to gain regardless of the outcome, especially if now it doesn't want to trade with poorer countries.

So I don't see how this can turn out remotely OK.

Besides, Trump is saying he'll use his instincts to see right away where things are going. Well, it seems his instincts failed him miserably with Justin Trudeau, who is not a seasoned dictator.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Dutchy

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Aesma wrote:
Kim is an all powerful dictator. He wants things out of this meeting, but at the end of the day, he doesn't need anything. The US has not much to gain regardless of the outcome, especially if now it doesn't want to trade with poorer countries.

Besides, Trump is saying he'll use his instincts to see right away where things are going. Well, it seems his instincts failed him miserably with Justin Trudeau, who is not a seasoned dictator.

Exactly. I can't see anything good coming out of this either. Kim has his little victory for his people. but Trump, no. Nothing to gain there, that's way no other sitting US president ever accepted an invitation from the Kim's.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

JJJ

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:46 pm

ElPistolero wrote:
- There are 20 million Romanians in the EU. TTIP would benefit 900 million people. Seems odd that anyone would pass up access to a market of 500 million people becaus of 20 million people.

Haven't you heard? Romania rules the EU now, Germans are now emigrating to Romania because all their factories moved there.

Dieuwer

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 pm

The composition of the G7 is factually incorrect. If it really was about the LARGEST countries by GDP, India and China should be part of the club. And Italy and Canada be out.
The G7 as it is now reminds me more of a "NATO-minus".

sabenapilot

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 pm

JJJ wrote:
TTIP while quite comprehensive is not close to the customs and labour union the EU works in. Would you enlighten us on why haven't all the German factories gone to Romania? And since we are at it, why does Romania run a trade deficit with Germany on an environment of free labour movement and zero tariffs?

Good question indeed!
If "Trumpian economics" so to say are indeed correct, the EU (which is a SUPER TTIP MAX), would have completely ruined manufacturing industries in countries like Germany, The Netherlands, Scandinavia etc because they can't compete on something like salary with places like Bulgaria, Romania etc..

The reason this hasn't happened in Europe is because Trumpian economics looks at just 1 half of the equation: that of COST.
The other half is just as important yet is constantly overlooked: PRODUCTIVITY.

A manhour in Scandinavia can be twice as expensive as in Romania, but if the worker in Scandinavia somehow manages to produce more than twice the added value as his colleague in Romania could in the same amount of time, it's still cheaper to produce in Scandinavia than it is in Romania.

Higher PRODUCTIVITY doesn't mean harder individual work, it means more EFFICIENT and SMART working methods and as such higher productivity isn't up to the individual worker so much, but more the company and even the government: they should invest in building a workforce with the right skills and attitudes right from the moment people are going to school for the first time, over maintaining a good public infrastructure like (rail)roads, waterways etc.

It's not for nothing that industrialized countries which suffer greatly from the effect of delocalization of their manufacturing (i.e; which are unable to offset their cost handicap with a productivity advantage) are countries which poor public educational systems and have an ageing and often failing infrastructure: look at the US or the UK for obvious examples...

Invest in good schools, focus on teaching things which have a practical use, maintain and build better infrastructure to ship goods out efficiently and be patient (because all of this should have been done 30 years ago, iso privatizing and deregulating everything) and the USA could just as well compete with Mexico, as Germany can with Romania: the economic playing field can be leveled and be fair quite easily in fact, it's just that the USA government likes to spend its money on tax cuts for the rich rather than on investing in schools, education, and public infrastructure: quick wins now, take priority over gaining long term strengths and competences. It's an ideological choice which is driving the US out of business to the point it now needs to resort to blocking off competition, another short term fix only which will see the US taken over by others in the long run.
Last edited by sabenapilot on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slider

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Merkel needs to be able to answer why U.S. autos exported to Germany are subject to a tariff that is four times what Germany incurs on its auto exports to the U.S.

The message isn't trade equality, it should be tariff equity. Zero tariff, zero subsidy, and zero trade barriers with G7 nations. Free and fair trade. However, there is a concern--rightfully--that anyone doing business with China already is at a disadvantage for a host of reasons.

And maybe Mr. Fake Eyebrows Trudeau can answer why he--and Mexico, for that matter--allow for the transshipments of Chinese goods to the US, for them to profit also, at the expense of Americans. And why Canada has 270% tariffs on U.S. milk products and 60-70% ranges on other goods with virtually no tariff less than 10% ranges. Aluminum, steel, timber, food products, etc, etc, etc....Canada has been the beneficiary of gross tariff imbalances. Trump is right to try to get a reset on this.

He's doing what he said he would do. I don't like the sonofabitch, but give him credit for actually following through on what he set out to do and was loud about his intent in doing so.

alfa164

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Exactly. I can't see anything good coming out of this either. Kim has his little victory for his people. but Trump, no. Nothing to gain there, that's way no other sitting US president ever accepted an invitation from the Kim's.

When the possibility first arose, someone (jokingly? I hope nobody was serious) said Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize if things worked out. Maybe nobody else took that seriously, but he obviously did; he made mention of it in speeches... hinting and winking like a little boy who just learned what a hard-on feels like.

Seeing how fascinated he is with his own bragging rights... how determined he is to out-Obama anything that his predecessor accomplished... and how fragile his ego is... I have no doubt that the most important thing driving towards this meeting is the belief that he could actually receive such a nomination. Of course, considering what he is doing to the environment, to human rights, and to world trade, the idea of a Nobel Peace prize is laughable - at best.

But the man-child in the White House doesn't consider that; facts are meaningless to him, and he seems to have no capacity to absorb them. Instead, he believes in his own instincts (and, I might add, it appears John Bolton has found a way to stroke his ego and direct those instincts - a dangerous man to be doing so) and ignores anyone with experience and reason. To be so young, Kim is amazingly conniving and cunning; it will be interesting to see just how long Trump's hard-on lasts when confronted with reality.

Dutchy

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:44 pm

alfa164 wrote:
To be so young, Kim is amazingly conniving and cunning; it will be interesting to see just how long Trump's hard-on lasts when confronted with reality.

Kim has been groomed for this his whole life and he has a regime which probably does put him in this position, he probably actually listen to those whom could help him. Trump doesn't, in his mind, he knows best and that is quite dangerous being in the position he is in. He can and does damage to America.

seb146

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:03 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

If things don't go our way, we're done here. If we aren't going to continue to be taken advantage of by one of our closest allies and not care what the rest of the world thinks, we're certainly not going to put up with any antics from a thug like you. Little rocket man may think he has the upper hand because he got a high profile meeting he doesn't deserve and probably never thought he would get.

Trump announced all these tariff hikes and backing out of treaties and international accords and such and he gets all mad and whiny when other countries do not just lay down and take it. Telling Canada there will be increases in tariffs, what kind of response would you expect from Trudeau? He is looking out for the best interest of the Dominion, not the United States.

Honestly I am not following the story so I don't know exactly what his response was, but I would expect him to respond negatively as Trump probably did too and wanted him to take the bait which he of course did.

Here is a timeline of the war of words and tariffs

https://globalnews.ca/news/4265967/trum ... -timeline/

According to the orange one, part of the reason for an increase in tariffs comes from the War of 1812 when Canada burned down the White House.

Also, we have a trade surplus with Canada and a trade deficit with Russia

http://time.com/5185673/donald-trump-us ... t-surplus/
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Aesma

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
The composition of the G7 is factually incorrect. If it really was about the LARGEST countries by GDP, India and China should be part of the club. And Italy and Canada be out.

The G20 has been created for that.

G7 comprises the seven largest advanced economies in the world. When Russia was in it was factually incorrect as Russia isn't as advanced.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

JJJ

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:31 pm

slider wrote:
Merkel needs to be able to answer why U.S. autos exported to Germany are subject to a tariff that is four times what Germany incurs on its auto exports to the U.S.

We've been through this before. EU lowers its car tariff as long as the US lowers its light truck tariff (2 and a half times higher than the "punitive" EU car tariff) deal?

Again. TTIP would have meant zero tariffs on vehicles of any kind going both ways. CETA does the same, EU-South Korea more of the same and the Japan-EU looks like it's heading on that direction.

If Trump did care about free trade he'd be working to get such a deal but no, he wants to "win". He doesn't believe in free trade as something both parties benefit from. If you don't "win" you're getting ripped off.

Aesma

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Maybe looking up the GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) and WTO would be useful. Under those, countries negotiate tariffs during rounds. If tariffs are as they are, it's because the US wasn't ready to lower some other tariff in exchange for the EU lowering the one on cars. Which is easy to understand as US car manufacturers weren't trying to export from the US to Europe anyway, they had plants in the EU making cars designed for the EU market.

Dieuwer

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Aesma wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

The G20 has been created for that.

G7 comprises the seven largest advanced economies in the world. When Russia was in it was factually incorrect as Russia isn't as advanced.

Yes, I never got the "Russia Should Be in the G7" Their economy is pretty small, all things considered. Still, I would rate China's economy as pretty advanced. Not sure what the real, measurable criterion is.

NIKV69

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:41 am

Dennis Rodman having a meltdown on CNN. Priceless
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

LMP737

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 am

Dieuwer wrote:

Yes, I never got the "Russia Should Be in the G7" Their economy is pretty small, all things considered. Still, I would rate China's economy as pretty advanced. Not sure what the real, measurable criterion is.

I could never understand why Russia was in the G8 in the first place. True, there's a lot of potential there. However their biggest problem seems to is a small group of oligarchs that bleed the country dry. Aided an abetted by the state.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

salttee

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:11 am

LMP737 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

I could never understand why Russia was in the G8 in the first place. True, there's a lot of potential there. However their biggest problem seems to is a small group of oligarchs that bleed the country dry. Aided an abetted by the state.
Their problems seem more deeply rooted than that. Russia has been a dysfunctional state from its beginnings.

LMP737

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:18 am

salttee wrote:
Their problems seem more deeply rooted than that. Russia has been a dysfunctional state from its beginnings.

Yes, a long line of czars and dictators. Some of who were not playing with a full deck.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

salttee

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:35 am

LMP737 wrote:
salttee wrote:

Yes, a long line of czars and dictators. Some of who were not playing with a full deck.
The first time Russia is known to be under any kind of unified control was when it was a Jewish state: Khazaria. Then the Vikings came along and broke up this very first Israel which had located itself on the silk road. Russia then began to congeal starting with Vladimir the Great (980–1015), but I guess their version of George Washington would be Ivan the Terrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_the_Terrible

We have never had anybody with "terrible" in his title until Trump came along.

tommy1808

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:47 am

LMP737 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

G8 means nothing but the 8 biggest economies. That is USA, EU, China, Japan, India, Brazil, Canada, Russia.However, if EU countries counted separately, Germany, the UK, France, and Italy have bigger economies than Russia, Canada and Brazil would be out too. May very well be that South Korea and Australia can pass Russia too.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

seahawk

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:00 am

slider wrote:
Merkel needs to be able to answer why U.S. autos exported to Germany are subject to a tariff that is four times what Germany incurs on its auto exports to the U.S. .

Exactly the leeches have sucked money from the US for long enough. Not willing to pay for their own defence and then taxing US products heavily, while America is keeping their communist asses save. The era of bad deals has ended, if the new USA signs a deal it will have won. #MAGA

Amazing how Trump´s fake truth is accepted without any doubts.

Jouhou

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 am

seahawk wrote:
slider wrote:
Merkel needs to be able to answer why U.S. autos exported to Germany are subject to a tariff that is four times what Germany incurs on its auto exports to the U.S. .

Exactly the leeches have sucked money from the US for long enough. Not willing to pay for their own defence and then taxing US products heavily, while America is keeping their communist asses save. The era of bad deals has ended, if the new USA signs a deal it will have won. #MAGA

Amazing how Trump´s fake truth is accepted without any doubts.

You know, I bet there is a sizeable portion of Trumps base that love German cars. What are they gonna do, give up another passion of theirs like they did with the NFL?

Deecheck

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:20 am

alfa164 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Aesma wrote:

When the possibility first arose, someone (jokingly? I hope nobody was serious) said Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize if things worked out. Maybe nobody else took that seriously, but he obviously did; he made mention of it in speeches... hinting and winking like a little boy who just learned what a hard-on feels like.

Seeing how fascinated he is with his own bragging rights... how determined he is to out-Obama anything that his predecessor accomplished... and how fragile his ego is... I have no doubt that the most important thing driving towards this meeting is the belief that he could actually receive such a nomination. Of course, considering what he is doing to the environment, to human rights, and to world trade, the idea of a Nobel Peace prize is laughable - at best.

But the man-child in the White House doesn't consider that; facts are meaningless to him, and he seems to have no capacity to absorb them. Instead, he believes in his own instincts (and, I might add, it appears John Bolton has found a way to stroke his ego and direct those instincts - a dangerous man to be doing so) and ignores anyone with experience and reason. To be so young, Kim is amazingly conniving and cunning; it will be interesting to see just how long Trump's hard-on lasts when confronted with reality.

You're really into talking about other men's private parts.

So much rage!

AM744

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Would it be possible to move forward to a world where oil, commodities and bank reserves are denominated in the proposed ETFs (backed by a basket of currencies)? Not owning the money printing machine would be conducent to what the US President seems to want: reduce trade deficit.

mham001

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Nope, nothing good could possibly come from two leaders of warring countries shaking hands. Never in a million years. Well, maybe 70, huh?

The reaction from the Trump haters here is classic. Scream about a "war mongoring" Trump, and then when he makes a peace move, chastise him for that too.

If this was Obama, we'd be hearing about "diplomacy", "true statesman", and other assorted accolades - for months. Admit it - you simply hate the actor and would espouse tension and potential war to prevent any sort of positive historical notation under Trump's name. Unfortunately, it is too late....

Just admit it - it will relieve some of your tension. Have you considered a psychiatrist? :)

Tugger

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:02 pm

mham001 wrote:
Admit it - you simply hate the actor and would espouse tension and potential war to prevent any sort of positive historical notation under Trump's name. Unfortunately, it is too late....

I will believe it when something actually happens. So far nothing has but the statements seem to imply something good will come and that is encouraging. But again, I have not seen Trump be very successful in things like this so I am waiting before I applaud anything.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

Jouhou

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:06 pm

mham001 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Nope, nothing good could possibly come from two leaders of warring countries shaking hands. Never in a million years. Well, maybe 70, huh?

The reaction from the Trump haters here is classic. Scream about a "war mongoring" Trump, and then when he makes a peace move, chastise him for that too.

If this was Obama, we'd be hearing about "diplomacy", "true statesman", and other assorted accolades - for months. Admit it - you simply hate the actor and would espouse tension and potential war to prevent any sort of positive historical notation under Trump's name. Unfortunately, it is too late....

Just admit it - it will relieve some of your tension. Have you considered a psychiatrist? :)

Republicans shrieked autistically when Obama made any move towards dealing with the Dprk. Y'all keep bringing that up as if Obama hadn't actually tried.

...I still don't think they are a threat. Except to their own people.

Dutchy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:08 pm

mham001 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I would be as critical of Obama if he did what Trump did. He didn't achieve anything and that is the point. He only gave legitimacy to one of the two most despicable regimes of the world. I am not an American, so I do not care so much whomever is the leader of your country.

But I hope you feel better beating the drum like a true Trumpian.

Dutchy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 pm

787Driver wrote:
Even if you are a hardcore Trump critic, you gotta admit that it's worth trying a new approach now that the old approach didn't change anything. Similar to the Obama era Cuba politics. And we can be certain that if Kim Jong Un doesn't show any improvements shortly and doesn't follow what was negotiated, Trump will be very harsh against NK again. Also remember that the sanctions will remain till there are concrete improvements.

You also mean like the Iran deal?

787Driver

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Even if you are a hardcore Trump critic, you gotta admit that it's worth trying a new approach now that the old approach didn't change anything. Similar to the Obama era Cuba politics. And we can be certain that if Kim Jong Un doesn't show any improvements shortly and doesn't follow what was negotiated, Trump will be very harsh against NK again. Also remember that the sanctions will remain till there are concrete improvements.

Sorry, wrong thread. But to comment on your question; I don't know enough about the Iran deal to know if it was good or bad.
Last edited by 787Driver on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dutchy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:37 pm

787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:

Sorry, wrong thread. But to comment on your question; I don't know enough about the Iran deal to know if it was good or bad.

Why you brought the Cuba politics to the table as a comparison to the North Korea change of policy. Well, then I bring the Iran deal to the table. It was certainly a change of policy after 40 years of containment politics which didn't work. The Cuba situation was quite comical. Most nations had a normal relationship with the Cuba regime. So normalizing relationships with that regime was fine. Nothing was needed in return. The Iran deal was plain and simple, Iran gave up some autonomy by letting inspectors in - thus ensuring Iran can't produce a nuclear weapon - and the rest of the world have better relations with them and relaxing the sanctions a bit. This summit didn't achieve anything. And we have a fine bottle of wine put on it, that Trump will trash Kim or North Korea within the year.

Dogman

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:42 pm

salttee wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
salttee wrote:

The first time Russia is known to be under any kind of unified control was when it was a Jewish state: Khazaria. Then the Vikings came along and broke up this very first Israel which had located itself on the silk road. Russia then began to congeal starting with Vladimir the Great (980–1015), but I guess their version of George Washington would be Ivan the Terrible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_the_Terrible

We have never had anybody with "terrible" in his title until Trump came along.

To be fair, his nickname is not translated to English properly. To keep the same meaning as it has in Russian he should be called "The one who makes the enemies tremble".

787Driver

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Why you brought the Cuba politics to the table as a comparison to the North Korea change of policy. Well, then I bring the Iran deal to the table. It was certainly a change of policy after 40 years of containment politics which didn't work. The Cuba situation was quite comical. Most nations had a normal relationship with the Cuba regime. So normalizing relationships with that regime was fine. Nothing was needed in return. The Iran deal was plain and simple, Iran gave up some autonomy by letting inspectors in - thus ensuring Iran can't produce a nuclear weapon - and the rest of the world have better relations with them and relaxing the sanctions a bit. This summit didn't achieve anything. And we have a fine bottle of wine put on it, that Trump will trash Kim or North Korea within the year.

Yeah, well I posted that initial post in this thread by mistake, so please continue in the other thread.

Dutchy

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 pm

787Driver wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
787Driver wrote:

Yeah, well I posted that initial post in this thread by mistake, so please continue in the other thread.

ok, fair enough.

Deecheck

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Tugger wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Admit it - you simply hate the actor and would espouse tension and potential war to prevent any sort of positive historical notation under Trump's name. Unfortunately, it is too late....

I will believe it when something actually happens. So far nothing has but the statements seem to imply something good will come and that is encouraging. But again, I have not seen Trump be very successful in things like this so I am waiting before I applaud anything.

Tugg

Something did happen. They met. Tentions have eased. He's not launching missiles or setting off bombs. The blind partisanship is amazing.

seb146

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Deecheck wrote:
Tugger wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Tugg

Something did happen. They met. Tentions have eased. He's not launching missiles or setting off bombs. The blind partisanship is amazing.

The two Korean leaders already met and talked. Kim and China are always talking. DPRK's test site was destroyed. But, yeah, go on thinking that ONLY tRump did all of this. Go on thinking that he is a genius and giving him credit for things he had nothing to do with.

Dogman

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Deecheck wrote:
Tugger wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Tugg

Right. After Trump whipped up a sh1t storm, the tensions have eased. So, he partially solved the problem that he had created earlier. As for "He's not launching missiles or setting off bombs" - how it is different from what was going on for the last 5 years? As you said - The blind partisanship is amazing.

Deecheck

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:44 pm

seb146 wrote:
Deecheck wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

The two Korean leaders already met and talked. Kim and China are always talking. DPRK's test site was destroyed. But, yeah, go on thinking that ONLY tRump did all of this. Go on thinking that he is a genius and giving him credit for things he had nothing to do with.

Where did I say he deserved all credit? He deserves some credit. Stop being so ignorant.

Deecheck

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:45 pm

seb146 wrote:
Deecheck wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Where did I say he deserved all credit? He deserves some credit. Stop being so ignorant.

Deecheck

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:49 pm

Dogman wrote:
Deecheck wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Right. After Trump whipped up a sh1t storm, the tensions have eased. So, he partially solved the problem that he had created earlier. As for "He's not launching missiles or setting off bombs" - how it is different from what was going on for the last 5 years? As you said - The blind partisanship is amazing.

You can't launch missiles if you've not developed them. He was doing that during the last few years of Obama. Trump is playing a part in all of the deescalated relations.

Stop being a political zealot.

Trump is a nightmare but this instance he's doing the right thing. Taking is always good.

LittleSprocket

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:00 am

seb146 wrote:
Deecheck wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Seb, that's your problem bud. NOBODY is stating that Trump (there, I spelled it correctly for you) should be the only one getting credit for this. South Korea, Japan and in a HUGE way China have been instrumental in going forward with peace talks.

What y'all don't seem to understand is that sometimes you have to prove to someone that you are just as crazy as them to get a result. Saying "my nukes are bigger and they work" is a great way to bring someone to the table that was threatening to nuke your territory.

c933103

Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:56 am

seb146 wrote:
Deecheck wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Kim Didn't even meet Xi JP for years while both of them are in power until this year when North Korea need Chinese support on the meeting. Undoubtedly the recent events also warned the relationship between North Korea and China as a side effect.
Chinese state media have actually published article that said they could subvert any Korean Peninsula peace agreement without Chinese involvement. Although it's more like an attempt to prevent China being ignored on future Korean peninsula affairs.

seb146

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:32 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Deecheck wrote:

Seb, that's your problem bud. NOBODY is stating that Trump (there, I spelled it correctly for you) should be the only one getting credit for this. South Korea, Japan and in a HUGE way China have been instrumental in going forward with peace talks.

What y'all don't seem to understand is that sometimes you have to prove to someone that you are just as crazy as them to get a result. Saying "my nukes are bigger and they work" is a great way to bring someone to the table that was threatening to nuke your territory.

First of all, you righties encouraged disrespect of Obama (Obummer, Barry, emphasizing his middle name, etc.) so I refuse to be respectful because a bunch of righties are whining now.

Second, "my nukes are bigger than yours" is not the only thing that got this meeting. TRump is undermining this whole country. He is siding with Russia and DPRK and shutting out EU and Canada and Mexico. There are so many things wrong with your statement. As a patriotic American, I refuse to give him credit because he deserves none. He gave concessions and received none. Compare that with the "failed" Iran deal, where there was complete transparency and Iran gave concessions.

But, yeah, tell me how great he is. For literally doing nothing and insulting Kim.

CaliAtenza

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:02 am

MikeDrop wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

The real agenda of the left is starting to become clear: "Bill Maher said Friday that he is "hoping" for the bottom to fall out of the economy and for the country to enter a recession so we can "get rid of Trump."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ssion.html

This is how these people really feel. They cannot come to terms that their beliefs and word view are bad for America. After months of:
"RUSSIA! RUSSIA! oh that didn't work, HE's BROKE, HE's BROKE, oh that didn't work, HE's TAKING BRIBES, HE's TAKING BRIBES, oh that didn't work, HE's GOING TO BLOW UP THE WORLD!, oh that didn't work, PORN STARS! PORN STARS!, oh that didn't work,back to RUSSIA! RUSSIA, oh that didn't work,

No they are just admitting that none of it matters, and they are willing to destroy the economy to defeat him.

SAD!, and LOW ENERGY!

Milke Drop

I mean you have a point but being a dick about it doesn't help. He can be helpful for the economy AND be involved in some shady dealings with Russia or whoever.

And just like there are some absolute nutjob republicans there's some crazy democrats. We can't lump all of them on either side into that camp.

LOL - You might have a point, if one is willing to ignore the last 19 months of extreme partisanship and insanity from the left. Seriously, are you telling me that you don't remember the death threats that were made towards the Trump electors before the election was finalized? You don't remember the calls for impeachment, BEFORE Trump was inaugurated - and constantly since? Or all Trump voters being called racists by Van Jones on CNN the night of the election (he called it a "white-lash" if I remember correctly) - even though there wasn't a minority on the ballot? And the DNC colluding with the FBI to try to slime Trump with the fake Russian dossier? I cant wait for the DOJ IG to come out on June 14th. the left is going to have some 'splanin to do I think.

Anyway, none of that even registers with you? How about the mass assassination attempt on the Republican Congressmen at a baseball practice? No? You don't remember any of that? The violent antifa attacks on Republicans at rallies? No, don't remember? What about the 2 or three day coverage on CNN on the amount of Diet Coke that the President drinks a day? How about when the New York Times tried to stir up racial tensions by tweeting that Trump had removed MKL Jr's bust from the oval office - turned out to be a TOTAL LIE. This list would be very long indeed, but I think you get my point. What is "being a dick" as you say, is whining that "we live in a dictatorship" just because you dont agree with the policies of the current administration.

We are way beyond any civility in this country - the left doesn't consider Republicans to be Americans any more. We are just enemies to be defeated.

So go ahead and call me a dick. It means absolutely nothing to me.

Why do right wingers keep ranting online like this? Spoiler alert, nobody gives a F about some lame ass rant on a airliner enthusiast website. Also, you sound exactly like a Russian bot/troll...

Jouhou

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 am

So, while the G6 is still disgusted by Trumps behavior... Help us. Please help. Russia is definitely engaging in our elections again. Please please rebuke them on our behalf. We are powerless to do much right now. Please do ANYTHING to dissuade them from continuing. We can't fight back with Trump as president.