Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cledaybuck

Re: True Republican Values

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:36 pm

CCGPV wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
2122M wrote:

This is my exact point and the intended purpose of this thread. The election is long over and Trump has been proven not to be a champion for republican values. So why is he still getting very high approval ratings from republican voters?

Its like in your Ford example. sure, people bought into the "Ford Tough" slogan, but if the truck fell apart every time it hit a speed bump Ford would not enjoy an 87% client retention rate. However, GOPers seem not to care that their truck does not do what the manufacturer advertises. So what DO they care about?
They care about winning/not having a Democrat in control. That's the main thing. All the other "core values" are flexible, except making things easier on the wealthy (that's a Republican cornerstone).

Pretty much. That's the nature of politics.

And most of "the rich" you are talking about are upper middle and upper class people who pay most of the taxes (like 70% of all tax revenue). As harsh as it is most of the "inner city" and low income folks don't pay any taxes so of course they're not going to "get a break". Almost half of American's don't pay any federal income tax at all. The ones "getting the break" are paying for virtually everything already.

They also happen to vote more consistently than the lower income and younger groups so its a powerful voting block.
They also happen to form the core of most elected politicians and all their donors.

OA412

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Mir wrote:
2122M wrote:
With those points in mind, exactly what are the values of the 87% of republicans that are causing them to support Trump?

Pwning the libs. It's all about pwning the libs. Screw the economy, screw healthcare, screw our whole system of government and the rule of law. Just pwn the libs and you'll find open arms among Republicans.

This is it in a nutshell. I've read and heard exactly this from Trump supporters; it's all about liberal tears. They're content to see this country burn to the ground if it means sticking it to libs. Meanwhile, it's the liberals who are hateful, angry, unreasonable etc. #bothsides and all that garbage.

KICT

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:21 pm

afcjets wrote:
Yet all Democrats and Liberals do is virtue signaling which helps no one. It just makes them feel good about themselves and more importantly, superior.

Weird. I wouldn't be married to my husband nor allowed to serve in the military openly were it not for those so-called "virtue signals", among other things. Millions of Americans would be without healthcare were it not for those "virtue signals". Give me an effing break with this cr*p.
The GOP is a white nationalist movement now. Nothing more, nothing less.

DL717

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:31 pm

jetero wrote:
I tried with "What is the endgame of Republicans" thread a year ago, tried to resurrect it, don't think anything has changed.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1364619

I think DocLightning had it best:

I'll weigh in: it appears that the only end game for the GOP is to establish a permanent GOP-dominated nation, in other words, a dictatorship in which elections will continue (for now) but those elections will have no practical effect on the balance of power in Washington. They have done this with their REDMAP progect, a policy of disenfranchisement of likely opposition voters, gerrymandering, and the use of highly biased propaganda networks (FOX and now Breitbart) posing as "news." I've been watching them at it since 1994 and it's working. Ultimately, I suspect that some elements within the Party would like to establish a state of theocratic feudalism.

I don't know if we'll be able to stop it.

The endgame is anyone but the left. Not a bad thing.

KICT wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Yet all Democrats and Liberals do is virtue signaling which helps no one. It just makes them feel good about themselves and more importantly, superior.

Weird. I wouldn't be married to my husband nor allowed to serve in the military openly were it not for those so-called "virtue signals", among other things. Millions of Americans would be without healthcare were it not for those "virtue signals". Give me an effing break with this cr*p.
The GOP is a white nationalist movement now. Nothing more, nothing less.

And off the deep end posts like this is why. Some of the left has gone batshit crazy with this stuff. White nationalist movement? Please. Just because someone doesn’t agree with your world view.
Last edited by DL717 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2122M
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:44 pm

DL717 wrote:

I understand being opposed to the left, I truly do. I'm pretty liberal myself but I understand the purpose of the 2 party system and the need for dialogue and compromise. What I don't understand at the moment is this; what does the right stand for these days? Based on the right's overwhelming support of Trump, clearly they don't hold the same values that they used to (see all my posts above). So what are the core values of Trump supporters that lead them to support Trump?

DL717

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:47 pm

2122M wrote:
DL717 wrote:

I understand being opposed to the left, I truly do. I'm pretty liberal myself but I understand the purpose of the 2 party system and the need for dialogue and compromise. What I don't understand at the moment is this; what does the right stand for these days? Based on the right's overwhelming support of Trump, clearly they don't hold the same values that they used to (see all my posts above). So what are the core values of Trump supporters that lead them to support Trump?

We support Trump because for the moment there are no alternatives. He might be bat shit crazy with his twitter account, but he’s getting things done and the economy is fine. Personally I don’t give a rip about social issues which the left is obsessed with. Social issues always resolve themselves. Economic issues require management.

seb146

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:26 pm

DL717 wrote:
2122M wrote:
DL717 wrote:

We support Trump because for the moment there are no alternatives. He might be bat shit crazy with his twitter account, but he’s getting things done and the economy is fine. Personally I don’t give a rip about social issues which the left is obsessed with. Social issues always resolve themselves. Economic issues require management.

There were plenty of alternatives leading up to November 2016, so that point is BS. If you are silent on social issues, then you do care. If you are silent that LGBTQ are being harassed and blacks are being jailed at a higher rate for lower crimes and pay between men and women are not equal and so forth, then you do care. Social issues, right this minute, are NOT resolving themselves. I would argue they are getting worse because of evangelicals on the right. Not the entire Republican party, but those who are in control of the Republican party. The economy was doing well under Obama, too. It is just that righties and evangelicals refused to give Obama any credit or help in any way. Again, not the entire Republican party but those who are in control of it.

Tugger

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:10 pm

DL717 wrote:
He might be bat shit crazy with his twitter account, but he’s getting things done and the economy is fine. Personally I don’t give a rip about social issues which the left is obsessed with. Social issues always resolve themselves. Economic issues require management.

The economy is not fine, it is on heroin and Trump and many Republican's are purifying it and making it more lethal. Spending exactly like the Dems that many conservatives profess to detest. These issue require management but Trump is a poor president and a worse "manager" on the economy.

Basically as a Republican I am disgusted with people that prance around saying "Oh he's all we've got." Make sure you can pay your freakin' bills. That is what I was taught.

Tugg

DL717

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Tugger wrote:
DL717 wrote:
He might be bat shit crazy with his twitter account, but he’s getting things done and the economy is fine. Personally I don’t give a rip about social issues which the left is obsessed with. Social issues always resolve themselves. Economic issues require management.

The economy is not fine, it is on heroin and Trump and many Republican's are purifying it and making it more lethal. Spending exactly like the Dems that many conservatives profess to detest. These issue require management but Trump is a poor president and a worse "manager" on the economy.

Basically as a Republican I am disgusted with people that prance around saying "Oh he's all we've got." Make sure you can pay your freakin' bills. That is what I was taught.

Tugg

Once we voted for them and they lost the option was Hillary. No thanks.

Mir

Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:18 am

DL717 wrote:
We support Trump because for the moment there are no alternatives. He might be bat shit crazy with his twitter account, but he’s getting things done and the economy is fine.

The economy is only fine because Obama did a good job with it and Trump hasn't done much with it yet. The tax law wasn't passed until late last year, and its effect won't really be seen for a while. The trade wars, if he goes through with them, will have a negative effect on the economy. The deficit is growing rapidly because of the combination of the tax-cut-and-spend policy the Republicans seem to love now. Healthcare costs are about to go up for a large number of people because of the tax law. Trump hasn't made things worse so far, but his policies have made the current trajectory unsustainable.

MikeDrop

Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:46 am

Tugger wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Tugg

Mr. Tugger, I'm going to disagree with you on your sentiment re the state of the economy. Did you see this article about Warren Buffet today? "Buffett says economy is feeling strong: 'If we're in the sixth inning, we have our sluggers coming to bat'"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/07/buffett ... trong.html

Sounds pretty positive. The caveat in his statement that I appreciated was Mr. Buffets statement about not using the state of the economy to guide your buying of stocks. He's always been a long term guy. personally I'm investing as much as I can in long term stocks. Anyway, he sounds pretty upbeat about the economy.

Cheers,

Mike Drop

scamp

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:29 am

Republicans care about two things: money and sticking their noses in everyone else's personal lives. I am convinced that every one of them would sell their damn mothers if they thought they could get a good deal for her.

Jouhou

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:41 am

scamp wrote:
Republicans care about two things: money and sticking their noses in everyone else's personal lives. I am convinced that every one of them would sell their damn mothers if they thought they could get a good deal for her.

That's their leadership. Their voter base... well it's changing. Trumpism is not conservatism. The ideological conservatives jumped ship. It's the ones who view politics like a team sport who haven't. Meanwhile, trumpism has also drawn in a small segment of former democrats.

tommy1808

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:22 am

DL717 wrote:
Social issues always resolve themselves.

haha..right. Slavery was voluntarily abandoned, and gay people can marry because congress decided "of course they can" .....

Economic issues require management.

If you believe in social market economy or communism it does, if you are a free market guy and think that, you are being inconsistent, because the invisible hand manages the economy.

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:02 am

2122M wrote:
PoliSci Bachelors and heritage aside, you are not who I'm interested in hearing from. You are not in the 87%. All you have is the theory that republican voters value blind party loyalty and don't care about traditional values and/or they don't have any values at all as long as the market is up. You can re-word it however many times as you want, that is what you are saying over and over again. It's been heard and noted.

A question for someone who voted for, and still supports Trump, is he wrong? Have republican voters followed the lead of their politicians and given up caring about family values and fiscal responsibility? If so, what do they care about instead? If not, how do you reconcile that with Trump?

I have been wondering the same thing. I asked a pointed question at a person who I believe is a tRump supporter. I have yet to receive a response. Probably because of the tone of this thread. I see plenty of responses from anti-tRump people but that does not explain anything about the tRump voter. I honestly want to know, as do many of us. Why him over, say, Marco Rubio or Paul Ryan?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44378202

TRump lawyer Rudy Giuliani does not respect Stormy Daniels because of her "career" which is what Meliania did before she married money. Of course, I mean Donald. But, still, why do Republicans scream about family values and gays destroying marriage when they stand firmly (no pun intended) behind a philanderer like tRump? We know he thinks of women as property and less than human. How do they justify that? I want to know and not from the typical anti-tRump camp. I want to know from people who actually think tRump has saved America. Why?

2122M
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:55 pm

DL717 wrote:
And off the deep end posts like this is why. Some of the left has gone batshit crazy with this stuff. White nationalist movement? Please. Just because someone doesn’t agree with your world view.

But what does Trump stand for if it's not white nationalism? Fiscal responsibility? Not even close. Traditional family values? Not this guy. Being a strong leader on the international stage? Not even close. He's managed not to grind the economic recovery that started in 2009 to a halt (yet), but with protectionist policies and a very deficit heavy budget it looks like he's trying.

So what's left? A total and complete shutdown of Muslim immigration (that the courts managed to water down a little). Good people on both side of Charlottesville, A complete disregard for the Puerto Rican tragedy, The wall.

The proud grabbing of pu**ies?

This is why his broad support from republicans in confusing. So what exactly is he doing that you like so much? And to be clear, I'm not talking about the election. He's a good salesman and he had weak opposition, so he won. I'm talking about right now. Why is he still so popular amongst republicans?

CitizenJustin

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:03 pm

2122M wrote:
So I know this thread will likely go off the rails, but I am very curios to hear from republicans as to why Trump is enjoying historically high approval ratings from republicans at the moment. I'm intrigues by this because he seems to act and lead in a way that is counter to historically conservative values and this makes me wonder what the REAL values are the republicans are supporting him for.

For example, the GOP has always painted itself as the 'Family Values' party, and yet 87% of polled republicans seem to think Trump is great, despite his well know affairs, multiple marriages and of course the Access Hollywood tape.

The GOP has always tried to portray themselves as the fiscally responsible party, but there is no longer any questions that the Trump tax cuts and budget will add to the deficit and put the US into much deeper debt. analysis from both sides of the aisle have come to that conclusion, but apparently 87% of republicans don't care.

The GOP and always tried to be the party of 'American Exceptionalism' and always sold their party and the one that would be a strong world leader. but 87% of republicans don't care the Trump is withdrawing the US from the world stage at every given opportunity (TPP, Paris, Iran, Refugees, etc...).

The GOP has always been the party of the strong military,. in this regard, Trump has thrown more money at the military, but by most accounts the military was already the strongest in the world (by far) and the additional money just flies in the face of the fiscal conservatives.

With those points in mind, exactly what are the values of the 87% of republicans that are causing them to support Trump?

And to be clear, I'm not asking just so I can argue tell people they are wrong. I honestly am looking for insight here. Most conversations will likely not end in agreement or minds being changed, but hopefully there can be a few, "I understand but respectfully disagree" moments.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/pres ... trump.aspx

I can’t find the link, but a recent CNN study showed shocking results. 2/3rds of Obama supporters would be ok with Obama getting a term extension, while of course 60%+ Trump supporters said the same thing. If their president is in office, they want term extensions. This is terrifying to me and should be a concern to all. Unfortunately, most people could care less about politics, so I’m not even sure something like this couldn’t be slipped in without anyone knowing or caring. These are some scary times indeed!

If that doesn’t send shivers up your spine, I don’t know what else will. People increasingly say they want an authoritarian leader, well what happened to the America that shunned authority? That is indeed gone and we all know the right loves their authoritarians.

As someone my age, I’m very fearful because I have a long way to go. I can’t imagine how the world will be 60 years in the future.

So does anyone want to come by, watch Netflix and snuggle? Your choice :)
Last edited by CitizenJustin on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tugger

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:21 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Tugger wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Tugg

Mr. Tugger, I'm going to disagree with you on your sentiment re the state of the economy. Did you see this article about Warren Buffet today? "Buffett says economy is feeling strong: 'If we're in the sixth inning, we have our sluggers coming to bat'"

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/07/buffett ... trong.html

Sounds pretty positive. The caveat in his statement that I appreciated was Mr. Buffets statement about not using the state of the economy to guide your buying of stocks. He's always been a long term guy. personally I'm investing as much as I can in long term stocks. Anyway, he sounds pretty upbeat about the economy.

Cheers,

Mike Drop

Again, I am talking about the "combined economy": The USA and its spending, borrowing, and budget; and the commercial/capital market economy. The commercial economy is great, as Buffet notes, money is still cheap, things are going well, economy is expanding. However it is balanced against a completely unbalanced debt load and no plan to reduce or manage it. What happened the Republican ideal to balance the budget (not something I fully agree with as an absolute) and to manage and plan fro debt etc.? That has all gone out the window?

My belief is that many Republican's now hope that when the imbalance gets so bad we can't ignore it, we'll just be forced to cut and voila! Done! But that will destroy the economy across the board as the military gets cut, and commercial contracts with the government get cut and people are not supported with the benefits they planned on and were promised, etc. Across the board it will get bad and with no one planning for it it will decimate the economy. It at least that used to be something the Republicans were focused on preventing or managing or at least highlighting to the public. And now they don't care. I do not support that.

I would rather higher taxes and manged debt than the "joy box" of tax cut heroin that was just stuffed down our throat. The economy was and is strong enough to support that and prosper as much as it has been. Cut expenses or at least reduce spending, spend less on the military, spend less on social items, etc. but work hard to manage the budget.

Tugg

tommy1808

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Tugger wrote:
But that will destroy the economy across the board as the military gets cut, and commercial contracts with the government get cut and people are not supported with the benefits they planned on and were promised, etc.

Much of what they are supposing would describe the situation in the US during industrialisation. Probably the time with the most Americans living the most disenfranchised and poorest lives in US history.

I would rather higher taxes and manged debt than the "joy box" of tax cut heroin that was just stuffed down our throat. The economy was and is strong enough to support that and prosper as much as it has been. Cut expenses or at least reduce spending, spend less on the military, spend less on social items, etc. but work hard to manage the budget.

Tugg

Isn't it funny that the time, the US was considered the greatest, the 1960's, is also the time where the top federal income tax was at or above 70%? Wonder why Trump isn't bringing that one back to make America great again.... mmmhhh?

Best regards
Thomas

apodino

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:24 am

The republican party that is currently in place does not share a lot of the traditional republican values that you mention. Everyone agrees that spending needs to be cut, but because a lot of republicans are afraid to lose their jobs, they don't have the will to cut spending, and they end up cutting deals with the democrats to increase spending. Notice that the omnibus bills are bipartisan, and not one party ramming through legislation, and that more opposition has come from Republicans than Democrats. Donald Trump is also the last guy who represents family values, and he was elected. If you look at the primary results, I think most republicans voted for someone else in the primary. The two candidates in the recent election that in my opinion represented traditional republican family values were Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. Rubio won a couple of states and looked like a force to be reckoned with out of Iowa. Then Christie beat him up in a Debate before New Hampshire and that was it. Cruz couldn't coalesce the never trump support in time, especially with Kasich staying in as long as he did. Trump ended up getting the nomination as a result, and honestly I think a lot of voters said enough of worrying about family values, lets get someone from outside that no one in Washington will like, as they hate Washington with a passion.

Trumps nomination of course in the general led voters who care about family values with a dilemma. Hillary Clinton is no family values candidate either, and it ended up being an election where you voted against someone rather than for someone.

As for other republican values. There are a few people in Washington who are trying to reign in spending knowing we have a problem. (Even with the tax cuts, I believe the treasury ran a surplus in April). Jim Jordan is one of these people, and people who care deeply about these values are trying to push for him to be speaker if the GOP holds the house. But its very few people. Everyone has had it with Mitch McConnell, who in my opinon is the most hated man in Washington. (Democrats hate him, and so do Trump Supporters).

Honestly though, something needs to be done soon. I wish I could have the money Social Security took from me so I can get a better rate of return on it (Translation - more money), but its untouchable now. As medical costs spiral, Medicare costs are spiraling, but you cant touch that either. The military has to be on the table, and all the other domestic programs need to be as well. Yet, the process works so bad now, that everything gets put off until the last minute, and then the lobbyists and special interests write the bills. They get theres, and we get screwed.

Jouhou

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:33 am

The government could cut costs by reversing privatisation. From the inside, I'm generally disgusted by how much the contractors fleece the government. This is something traditional republicans get hopelessly wrong. The reason why the government used to build its own ships is because you get better quality at lower prices when you take profits out of the equation.

Whether traditional republicans are just naïve or they are doing their donors bidding I don't know, but anything involving privatizing a government function adds to wasted funds.

tommy1808

Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:33 am

Jouhou wrote:
Whether traditional republicans are just naïve or they are doing their donors bidding I don't know, but anything involving privatizing a government function adds to wasted funds.

We know they do it at their donors command, before the tax cuts they admitted as much. "Pass the bill or dont bitger calling again".
Amazes me how there isn't a corruption investigation when a member of congress says on national television that he is voting for a law to secure future payments from his donors....

Best regards
Thomas

Jouhou

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:59 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

We know they do it at their donors command, before the tax cuts they admitted as much. "Pass the bill or dont bitger calling again".
Amazes me how there isn't a corruption investigation when a member of congress says on national television that he is voting for a law to secure future payments from his donors....

Best regards
Thomas

That's not really what I meant by traditional republicans, I meant the moderates that now get called RINOs by the extremists. The so called rinos could plausibly be naïve idealists.

MaverickM11

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:12 am

Jouhou wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

That's not really what I meant by traditional republicans, I meant the moderates that now get called RINOs by the extremists. The so called rinos could plausibly be naïve idealists.

Meh..."RINOs" and "elites" are just interchangeable and don't have any definition beyond "enemy". In what other world are endless Goldman Sachs billionaires who did everything Trump accused them of doing on the campaign trail--but then appointed them to his cabinet--not elites?

DL717 wrote:
Personally I don’t give a rip about social issues which the left is obsessed with.

Gee I can't imagine why :roll:

Jouhou

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:15 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Meh..."RINOs" and "elites" are just interchangeable and don't have any definition beyond "enemy". In what other world are endless Goldman Sachs billionaires who did everything Trump accused them of doing on the campaign trail--but then appointed them to his cabinet--not elites?

Yeah, well trump was only ever a "populist" in name only. As I've mentioned before, I just don't understand how he duped so many people into thinking he stood up for the common man, and 40% of the country is still allowing themselves to be duped. It's so. Blatant. Have they no self respect? Do they not have eyes? Ears? Are they just gullible?

TheF15Ace

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 am

Jouhou wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Yeah, well trump was only ever a "populist" in name only. As I've mentioned before, I just don't understand how he duped so many people into thinking he stood up for the common man, and 40% of the country is still allowing themselves to be duped. It's so. Blatant. Have they no self respect? Do they not have eyes? Ears? Are they just gullible?

LockheedBBD

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:10 pm

"True Republicans for Dummies":

1) Shout out "libtard", "snowflake", "pepe", "kek", "commie", "socialist", "cuck", "Soros", MAGA", "#winning", "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", online.
2) Repost quotes from Trump's Twitter page.
3) Repeat step 1-2.

"Liberals for Dummies": :rotfl:

1) Post obligatory Trump gif:

cledaybuck

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

DL717 wrote:
Personally I don’t give a rip about social issues which the left is obsessed with.

Gee I can't imagine why :roll:
The thing is, in 2010, when the Tea Party was trying to take over the Republican Party, Trump would have been a RINO. Now his values appear to be the party's values. I guess that is the who point of this thread in the first place.

NIKV69

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:14 pm

seb146 wrote:

There were plenty of alternatives leading up to November 2016

Yes but Hillary forced one not to run in the primary and had Debbie Wasserman-Schultz rig the primary so the other couldn't win. Just sayin.

Tugger

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:47 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
The thing is, in 2010, when the Tea Party was trying to take over the Republican Party, Trump would have been a RINO. Now his values appear to be the party's values. I guess that is the who point of this thread in the first place.

Trump is a RINO, just a different kind. I have come to calling his kind of "Republican" a MAGA. So not Republican but rather a desperate plea to "be great again" and scared of losing and most importantly, loving to get a rise out of others over things (not solve anything).

Tugg

cledaybuck

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Tugger wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:

Trump is a RINO, just a different kind. I have come to calling his kind of "Republican" a MAGA. So not Republican but rather a desperate plea to "be great again" and scared of losing and most importantly, loving to get a rise out of others over things (not solve anything).

Tugg
True, but that is not a RINO anymore, that is the Republican brand.

Tugger

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:28 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
Tugger wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:

Tugg
True, but that is not a RINO anymore, that is the Republican brand.

Yes and no, as was the case when the Tea Party arrived, the party is at war with itself and working to figure out how to fit the MAGA's into the party and have it function. Of course MAGA's do have more social base in common than the Tea Party had when it first arrive (before it was subsumed by the more radical elements in the Republican's).

Tugg

seb146

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:22 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

There were plenty of alternatives leading up to November 2016

Yes but Hillary forced one not to run in the primary and had Debbie Wasserman-Schultz rig the primary so the other couldn't win. Just sayin.

So, you are blaming Republicans not picking a good or great candidate on Hillary? Well, I would expect no less.....

seb146

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:26 pm

Republicans repeatedly say they want smaller government, less government spending and waste and respect the rule of law

https://latest.com/2018/06/wh-employs-e ... g-them-up/

So, of course, when the orange menace violates federal law by ripping up government documents, people are actually paid to tape together those documents to skirt around federal law....

But, but, but..... What about Hillary and her private server? Beat you to it.

NIKV69

Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:40 pm

seb146 wrote:

So, you are blaming Republicans not picking a good or great candidate on Hillary? Well, I would expect no less.....

As I would expect you to deflect from the fact the DNC took a winnable election with Biden and handed it to Trump all for some entitled woman who felt she was owed it.

Election night must still sting huh?

seb146

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:06 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

As I would expect you to deflect from the fact the DNC took a winnable election with Biden and handed it to Trump all for some entitled woman who felt she was owed it.

Election night must still sting huh?

No deflection. She was as qualified as Biden but Biden did not want to run. You all can't face the fact that, in back-to-back elections, a black man and a woman were more popular and more qualified than the candidate your party put forward.

The deflection, sir, comes from you. There were plenty of qualified and respected Republican candidates but this was what your party felt was the best. Racist, egomanical, womanizing, liar to represent your party.

Caryjack

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:50 pm

2122M wrote:
So I know this thread will likely go off the rails, but I am very curios to hear from republicans as to why Trump is enjoying historically high approval ratings from republicans at the moment.

His high aproval ratings are high, not just at this moment.

From the top:
He believes that hard work will lead to life long rewards. Education and training are imperative. He is a family man and adores his wife and children. Trump's word is his bond. If you slander him, you will pay.

Well known affaires? The incident I know of is a porn star that accused him of such: Trump denies it. I don't know about his divorce(s) nor have any dates, nor are they uncommon in the US.

Access Hollywood tapes? As I recall he said that when you're rich and famous, they let you grab their pussy: or words to that effect. Not sure where you've been but on 4 contents I've run into women who would do the same.

Fiscal responsibility is a key republican value, and for that reason Trump cut taxes. Every tax cut passed by every president resulted in more revenue for the government. Kennedy did it, Reagan did it and Trump did it. Simply stated, tax cuts put more money in the hands of the people who can use it best. It always works and, in a free economy, always will. Things go bad when politicians spend the increased tax revenue faster than it comes in.

America is exceptional; there is no other like it. Nobody in America wants off the world. Many agreements created by the previous administration were just bad. The TPP put a huge burden on the US for no gain. By Paris do you mean global warming? If so it's a fraud. Everyone knows that the climate changes: it always has and always will. By Iran do you mean the nuke deal? The previous administration paid billions in cash ($, Euros & Swiss Franks) delivered by an unmarked biz jet to Teheran in the dark of night, a truly disgusting affair.
Refuges to the US come across the US southern border. This is a violation of UN treaties that says that immigrants must be accepted by the first safe country in which they arrive, Mexico in this case. The Mexicans argue that Mexico is not safe so these immigrants must be transported though Mexico to be dumped on the US border.

You are right about the US military: nobody else is even close. The US has 10 or so reinforced carrier groups (USN, USMC, MSC), any one of which could destroy most countries. Then add the US Army & Air force.

Throwing money away? Such a force requires expensive maintenance and training. Three presidents; Carter, Clinton and Obama cut those expenses. Just to be clear: In US government speak, a reduction in spending means spending less than the requested amount (if 10 billion is requested and 5 is proposed, you've slashed to the bone). Those guys reduced budgets below the then existing level which resulted in a dysfunctional military. There have been many publicized examples such as ships and airplanes crashing or not deployable.

bagoldex

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Caryjack wrote:
2122M wrote:
So I know this thread will likely go off the rails, but I am very curios to hear from republicans as to why Trump is enjoying historically high approval ratings from republicans at the moment.

From the top:
He believes that hard work will lead to life long rewards. Education and training are imperative. He is a family man and adores his wife and children. Trump's word is his bond. If you slander him, you will pay.

Well known affaires? The incident I know of is a porn star that accused him of such: Trump denies it. I don't know about his divorce(s) nor have any dates, nor are they uncommon in the US.

Access Hollywood tapes? As I recall he said that when you're rich and famous, they let you grab their pussy: or words to that effect. Not sure where you've been but on 4 contents I've run into women who would do the same.

Fiscal responsibility is a key republican value, and for that reason Trump cut taxes. Every tax cut passed by every president resulted in more revenue for the government. Kennedy did it, Reagan did it and Trump did it. Simply stated, tax cuts put more money in the hands of the people who can use it best. It always works and, in a free economy, always will. Things go bad when politicians spend the increased tax revenue faster than it comes in.

America is exceptional; there is no other like it. Nobody in America wants off the world. Many agreements created by the previous administration were just bad. The TPP put a huge burden on the US for no gain. By Paris do you mean global warming? If so it's a fraud. Everyone knows that the climate changes: it always has and always will. By Iran do you mean the nuke deal? The previous administration paid billions in cash ($, Euros & Swiss Franks) delivered by an unmarked biz jet to Teheran in the dark of night, a truly disgusting affair.
Refuges to the US come across the US southern border. This is a violation of UN treaties that says that immigrants must be accepted by the first safe country in which they arrive, Mexico in this case. The Mexicans argue that Mexico is not safe so these immigrants must be transported though Mexico to be dumped on the US border.

You are right about the US military: nobody else is even close. The US has 10 or so reinforced carrier groups (USN, USMC, MSC), any one of which could destroy most countries. Then add the US Army & Air force.

Throwing money away? Such a force requires expensive maintenance and training. Three presidents; Carter, Clinton and Obama cut those expenses. Just to be clear: In US government speak, a reduction in spending means spending less than the requested amount (if 10 billion is requested and 5 is proposed, you've slashed to the bone). Those guys reduced budgets below the then existing level which resulted in a dysfunctional military. There have been many publicized examples such as ships and airplanes crashing or not deployable.

There's a sucker born every minute.

NIKV69

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:06 pm

seb146 wrote:

No deflection. She was as qualified as Biden but Biden did not want to run. You all can't face the fact that, in back-to-back elections, a black man and a woman were more popular and more qualified than the candidate your party put forward.

The deflection, sir, comes from you. There were plenty of qualified and respected Republican candidates but this was what your party felt was the best. Racist, egomanical, womanizing, liar to represent your party.

Who says who is qualified? That is the most nonsense I have ever heard. Biden wanted to run and he was much more likable than Hillary and would be in the white house right now if the Democratic party didn't cater to elitists which is why it is stuck in a rut and won't change.

You can keep throwing all the fear mongering terms out there. It's what you are famous for, it is also why the country rejected your doctrine and your candidate.

Keep it up it will make the midterms more entertaining than the general.

Tugger

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:12 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Caryjack wrote:
2122M wrote:

From the top:

Sucker? I was reading excuses.. but guess sucker works just as well. Remember a key goal and need for MAGA's is to get a rise out of people.

Tugg

bagoldex

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Tugger wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Caryjack wrote:

From the top:

Sucker? I was reading excuses.. but guess sucker works just as well. Remember a key goal and need for MAGA's is to get a rise out of people.

Tugg

He's a sucker to believe that narrative. If he does, that is.

seb146

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Who says who is qualified? That is the most nonsense I have ever heard. Biden wanted to run and he was much more likable than Hillary and would be in the white house right now if the Democratic party didn't cater to elitists which is why it is stuck in a rut and won't change.

You can keep throwing all the fear mongering terms out there. It's what you are famous for, it is also why the country rejected your doctrine and your candidate.

Keep it up it will make the midterms more entertaining than the general.

The thread is about REPUBLICAN values. The current president is REPUBLICAN. A majority in Congress is REPUBLICAN. The courts are REPUBLICAN. Please keep your comments to the REPUBLICANS because that is what the thread is about. Stop deflecting and derailing. The rise in the white power movement and hatred of women and immigrants and LGBTQ+ are closely tied to the tRump/MAGA movement. Further, the deepening debt and deficit are fully on the backs of REPUBLICANS. What this thread is about.

It is hilarious, though, to watch you righties twist yourselves into pretzels to not defend YOUR leader and blame Democrats for what YOU ALL brought on the world.

You righties were always whining when Bill Clinton and Obama were presidents that "liberal states do not represent the United States!" even though numbers and facts prove otherwise. You righties gave us what you wanted. A loser. He lost the popular vote by ~3,000,000. This is what YOU RIGHTIES wanted. How is he so much better than, say, Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz? That is what this thread is about.

2122M
Topic Author

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:41 am

Caryjack wrote:
2122M wrote:

From the top:

The thing is, when you start with something verifiably false, on this case his ‘always high’ approval ratings, it’s hard to take the rest seriously.

LMP737

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 am

afcjets wrote:
I am not affiliated with any political party but have been a Trump supporter from the beginning. I saw this on CNN yesterday (during a Fox commercial break of course :rotfl: )

"I think that Republicans have said basically in the past we nominated Boy Scouts like (Mitt) Romney, people who were squeaky clean, and the left launched such attacks on these people that they ended up looking like Lucifer," D'Souza said. "We're finally going to appoint a tough guy who can take it and can return a punch."

Oh boo hoo. And what did the right do with Obama. Play to peoples ignorance and hate is what. Unfortunately for them it didn't work out.

LMP737

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:52 am

NIKV69 wrote:

You can keep throwing all the fear mongering terms out there. It's what you are famous for, it is also why the country rejected your doctrine and your candidate. .

What are you talking about? Trump's entire campaign was based on fear and hate. Fear and hate of little brown people who don't speak American and/or pray tot he wrong imaginary friend.

LMP737

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 am

afcjets wrote:

Not crying here, I am ECSTATIC Donald Trump is President. I would much rather be in Trump's first term than Romney's second term, especially since Trump has or is reversing most of the damage Obama did.

What damage is that? Not enough countries invaded for your tastes. Not enough laws passed allowing people to discriminate based on their interpretation of a fairy tale.

afcjets

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:19 am

LMP737 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
I am not affiliated with any political party but have been a Trump supporter from the beginning. I saw this on CNN yesterday (during a Fox commercial break of course :rotfl: )

"I think that Republicans have said basically in the past we nominated Boy Scouts like (Mitt) Romney, people who were squeaky clean, and the left launched such attacks on these people that they ended up looking like Lucifer," D'Souza said. "We're finally going to appoint a tough guy who can take it and can return a punch."

Oh boo hoo. And what did the right do with Obama. Play to peoples ignorance and hate is what. Unfortunately for them it didn't work out.

Not crying here, I am ECSTATIC Donald Trump is President. I would much rather be in Trump's first term than Romney's second term, especially since Trump has reversed most of the damage Obama did.

Caryjack

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:28 am

[/quote]

The thing is, when you start with something verifiably false, on this case his ‘always high’ approval ratings, it’s hard to take the rest seriously.[/quote]
Yeah, it's poorly written at best and I noticed it too late to edit. I should have said that the support amoung his base, those who elected him, remains strong. Sorry about that.
Cary

tommy1808

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 am

Caryjack wrote:
Trump's word is his bond.

Do.. where are his tax returns.

Well known affaires? The incident I know of is a porn star that accused him of such: Trump denies it.

So.. How do you square him shelling 130k US out rising an NDA to not talk about an affair tgey never had?

He said he didn't ask not wait for consent. That a victim plays opossum, we don't just have flight and fight, isn't consent.

Fiscal responsibility is a key republican value, and for that reason Trump cut taxes. Every tax cut passed by every president resulted in more revenue for the government.

The government had more money because they took more loans.

America is exceptional;

In what way? Economically by CIA numbers you just dropped out of the top 10 in GDP/Capita. Rule of law is questionable with a president putting himself above the law. Human rights? Definitely a no. Where is the US exceptional?

The previous administration paid billions in cash ($, Euros & Swiss Franks) delivered by an unmarked biz jet to Teheran in the dark of night, a truly disgusting affair.

Tgey where not paid, tgey got money back the US illegally withheld.

Refuges to the US come across the US southern border. This is a violation of UN treaties that says that immigrants must be accepted by the first safe country in which they arrive, .

Quote the relevant part of the treaty. Thank you.

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:15 am

LockheedBBD wrote:
"True Republicans for Dummies":

1) Shout out "libtard", "snowflake", "pepe", "kek", "commie", "socialist", "cuck", "Soros", MAGA", "#winning", "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", online.
2) Repost quotes from Trump's Twitter page.
3) Repeat step 1-2.

"Liberals for Dummies": :rotfl:

1) Post obligatory Trump gif:

This is who the righties decided would represent them. This is who they believe embodies the way they think America should be and how their party is: white "wealthy" old men running everything. If righties actually did believe in what they say they do, they would have nominated someone else.

There are plenty of Republicans we "liberals" disagree with but respect. But, this is what righties chose. He does not represent a majority of us Americans. I hope the rest of the world understands this.