Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

727LOVER
Topic Author

Adult pushes child to ground

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:30 am

From CBS's The Talk

Little kid allegedly damaged cars, starts a fight with a grown man, the man pushes him, then the kid cries. If you were the adult being assaulted what would you do?

CAUTION: profanity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB2l2cm ... e=youtu.be

Twitter not sympathetic
https://twitter.com/TheTalkCBS/status/1 ... 6184220672

What if this were your child and you had not seen the video?

stlgph

Re: Adult pushes child to ground

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:34 am

I would have slammed his ass into the wall, not the sidewalk.

CCGPV

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 am

This kids's parents need to be charged with neglect. They also need to be named and shamed publicly.

I don't think what the man did was wrong at all. The only way to teach a bully sometimes is to show him there's always someone bigger than you. The instant tears on the ground made me laugh out loud.

Bravo to the man. If this had been my kid he'd be grounded for the rest of the summer and made to make some serious amends. This is the kind of behavior that gets people killed eventually.

Tugger

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:39 am

727LOVER wrote:
What if this were your child and you had not seen the video?

My kid? If that were my kid would be in a lot of trouble. Grounded at least, loss of other things/items/privileges likely as well.

But this is based on a few minutes of video taken as is.

Tugg

Jouhou

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 am

Yeah either this kid is messed up in the head of his parents/guardians have failed miserably. Or both. Considering his behavior I'm going to say he learned that shit from somewhere. And that somewhere is probably at home.

Dutchy

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:07 am

Gee, you don't let yourself get provoked like that, just a little kid.

Jouhou

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:54 am

After some thought, correct response is call the police. That kid probably needs to be taken away from his parents. I'm thinking that his only male role model is along the lines of the mother's abusive boyfriend or something.

Please tell me he's been ID'ed so that can be looked into.

TheFlyingDisk

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:03 am

A smack in the butt or the leg would have done that kid some good.

Freakysh

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:54 am

Felt sorry for the kid up until he started abusing the lady. He's got some social issues. Not sure if embarrassing him like that will help. Have a feeling this experience will fuel increased bad behaviour rather than it helping him pull his head in. I don't think he has much love in his life.

salttee

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Freakysh wrote:
He's got some social issues.
That kid needs some inpatient time and new parents if he is ever going to grow up to be a functioning human.

dtw2hyd

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Is the kid related to BBQ Becky? Same qualities.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:34 pm

more than likely, the child is being abused at home verbally or maybe his emotional needs are just being ignored, either way he's very angry. Now that the video gone viral, he will more than likely be unmercifully bullied at school for being a cry baby. his child behavior is typical of boys, not being taught how to handle their emotions and them unleashing their anger on a compete stranger so they can feel some sort of release or power. Thank goodness he picked someone who, for the most part ignored
his bad behavior until he started punching.

I hope he is identified, so that social services can check out his home life, cause if he continued down this path, we are going to be reading about him again. .

fr8mech

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Gee, you don't let yourself get provoked like that, just a little kid.

I don’t think the adult was provoked at all. He was rather restrained. You did notice that he was assaulted by the kid? The adult tried to remove himself from the situation plenty of times, but was persued by the miscreant.

I’m not quite sure what I would have done. Grabbing the throat is a classic control move, that quickly de-escalated violence, but is often seen as an escalation. Remember, this kid was assaulting the victim. The kid was the agressor. The victim, when finally moved to action moved with quick and restrained violence that ended the confrontation.

What would you have done, considering the persistence of the assailant and assault?

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
more than likely, the child is being abused at home verbally or maybe his emotional needs are just being ignored

I disagree. I suspect this kid is used to getting whatever he wants. I believe he is a spoiled child whose parents give in at the first sign of resistance. He is comfortable confronting an adult in a manner that raises to the point of assault.

Whatever the home situation, the parents and other adults around him have failed him miserably.

Or, he may just be an asshole, who will grow up to be even more of an asshole. They exist.

Tugger

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:54 pm

fr8mech wrote:
I disagree. I suspect this kid is used to getting whatever he wants. I believe he is a spoiled child whose parents give in at the first sign of resistance. He is comfortable confronting an adult in a manner that raises to the point of assault.

Whatever the home situation, the parents and other adults around him have failed him miserably.

Or, he may just be an asshole, who will grow up to be even more of an asshole. They exist.

I had a friend that abused his parents and family. It was quite a shock to discover this. We'd hang at his house playing D&D (yes that long ago) and playing on his computer, enjoying the food and soda etc. his mother brought. Once or twice he yelled at her about something which was weird and uncomfortable. One day his father came in and said something and he got up and punched him and yelled at him to get out. We were all shell shocked at the moment and even more shocked to see his father wilt and walk away apologizing. We all left shortly thereafter a bit confused but mostly as I said shocked. We didn't hang out much after that and then just didn't do things with him at all. It was later that we learned he was abusive to his family and he basically ran the family (his sister who I briefly dated a couple years later told me).

Tugg

Redd

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:49 pm

That man showed more restraint then Jebus would've had. I'd have done worse. lol

CCGPV

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Tugger wrote:
fr8mech wrote:

I had a friend that abused his parents and family. It was quite a shock to discover this. We'd hang at his house playing D&D (yes that long ago) and playing on his computer, enjoying the food and soda etc. his mother brought. Once or twice he yelled at her about something which was weird and uncomfortable. One day his father came in and said something and he got up and punched him and yelled at him to get out. We were all shell shocked at the moment and even more shocked to see his father wilt and walk away apologizing. We all left shortly thereafter a bit confused but mostly as I said shocked. We didn't hang out much after that and then just didn't do things with him at all. It was later that we learned he was abusive to his family and he basically ran the family (his sister who I briefly dated a couple years later told me).

Tugg

There's always that one friend who's like that. I had a similar situation except it was all verbal. Really mean stuff like "shut up you pig" and "F-U you F-ing POS" right to the mom's face. I couldn't believe it.

bennett123

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Normally involving Social Services would be my final option.

In this instance, calling them would probably be a good starting point.

DL717

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:37 am

What a little asshole.

Where are the parents?

cgnnrw

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 pm

"Or, he may just be an asshole, who will grow up to be even more of an asshole. They exist."
Oh soooo true.
I respect the guy for show so much restraint I can be honest and say I would have thrown the kid down the moment he started blocking me. As others have said he has some real issues and needs some type of help.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Would you say that yell and cry is the same as this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC-H2wXK4T4

Braybuddy

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:25 pm

That guy has the patience of a saint. I would've thumped the little shit . . .