Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Bigstud69

Re: hey girl, hey

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:08 am

I would rather have a disabled child than a homosexual one.

Bigstud69

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:09 am

seb146 wrote:
Bigstud69 wrote:
stlgph wrote:
it's june 1.

happy pride month and whatever.

kisses, bitches!

Rotten.

Which part? That people are born gay, bi, trans or that we have to keep reminding people that we are still fighting for equality or that you might encounter something that you have had the privilege to do for centuries?

That we enable and normalize homosexuality.

seb146

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 am

Bigstud69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Bigstud69 wrote:
Rotten.

Which part? That people are born gay, bi, trans or that we have to keep reminding people that we are still fighting for equality or that you might encounter something that you have had the privilege to do for centuries?

When was the last time a heterosexual beaten and tied to a fence post in the mountains ONLY for being heterosexual? When was the last time a group of heterosexuals locked in a room and that room set on fire with no means of escape or survival ONLY for being heterosexual? When was the last time children were left on the streets for ONLY for being heterosexual?

When any of that happens, then you can speak about heterosexual pride.

einsteinboricua

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Bigstud69 wrote:

Sure you would. Because it's every parents' dream to have a child that needs to be dependent forever over one whose only difference is who they like.

bagoldex

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Bigstud69 wrote:

In a perfect world you wouldn't have children at all.

727LOVER

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of the tragic Pulse night club shooting

727LOVER

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Bigstud69 wrote:

On this site? YEP We've been here for years.

stlgph
Topic Author

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Went to Philadelphia for their celebrations this past weekend. Won't lie, well done, Philly, well done.

I'm still hung over.

seb146

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 pm

stlgph wrote:
Went to Philadelphia for their celebrations this past weekend. Won't lie, well done, Philly, well done.

I'm still hung over.

Scheduling in PDX is crazy because there is two weeks of Rose Festival activities, they clean that up and, the very next weekend, do Pride.

The town we moved to is so small that any time the brosband and I go to the store together is a major Pride parade.

727LOVER

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:42 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Gays walking to Pride

Sorry....that's disgusting.

seb146

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 pm

727LOVER wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Gays walking to Pride

That's called talent. Have you ever tried to walk in heels? Much less shontay and sashay? Well, I did once for the draft board.... LOL

cvgComair

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:11 am

727LOVER wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Gays walking to Pride

Sorry....I'm loving it.

RetroRoo

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:09 am

Bigstud69 wrote:

The existence of the human race enables homosexuality. It's as natural as anything else in the natural world. You're yelling at clouds, mate.

727LOVER

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:52 am

Take the most gorgeous man in the world....put him in heels?...BYE FELICIA

Frankly, I don't even like the title of this thread....WHAT IS THAT?

Barny123

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 am

Bigstud69 wrote:

What a snowflake!

Barny123

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 am

Bigstud69 wrote:

I think your child would rather be born gay than born disabled.

#sad

jetero

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:02 am

Bigstud69 wrote:

#Winner

Why you so concerned with gays Bigstud69?

seb146

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 am

727LOVER wrote:

meh... To each their own. If some guy wants to wear heels, so what?

I get it. There is a time in every gay man's life when they call everyone girl. I went through that phase. I thought it was empowering and I thought I was being so cool and original. Maybe I am just a grumpy old man now, but I find it irritating.

Freakysh

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

Serious question. Why do gay men act so... Gay?

I've watched the Sydney Mardi gras and it's so over the top, in your face sexual. Even the gif above with the femininity.

I find it crass. I'd find it crass even if heterosexual couples chose to act this way.

Homosexuality seems to be as much a lifestyle as a sexual orientation.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am

727LOVER wrote:

To each their own. The guy in the middle owns a studio where he teaches men to dance in heels. It's not like they walk every day in heels. I'd probably agree with you if said man has excess makeup. There's a guy I'm following on Instagram whose boyfriend is a model; always wears light green contact lenses...now THAT is something I find off-putting.

Freakysh wrote:
Why do gay men act so... Gay?
The only way people know I'm gay is because I tell them. There are some who leave a trail of glitter, but you'd be surprised at how many gays don't "act gay".

Freakysh wrote:
Yes...and no. You can choose how you project yourself to the outside world; you can't really control who you're attracted to. Now, within the community, there's this whole "be yourself" thing which is misleading. Do all gays walk around in thongs/bikinis? No. Not even the ones that go to the parades like that. Pride parades just give them an opportunity to do as they wish. I have my disagreements with it but to each their own (better stop now before the justice warriors burn me...to dissent is to be a traitor).

Freakysh

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 am

einsteinboricua wrote:

Freakysh wrote:
The only way people know I'm gay is because I tell them. There are some who leave a trail of glitter, but you'd be surprised at how many gays don't "act gay".

Freakysh wrote:
Yes...and no. You can choose how you project yourself to the outside world; you can't really control who you're attracted to. Now, within the community, there's this whole "be yourself" thing which is misleading. Do all gays walk around in thongs/bikinis? No. Not even the ones that go to the parades like that. Pride parades just give them an opportunity to do as they wish. I have my disagreements with it but to each their own (better stop now before the justice warriors burn me...to dissent is to be a traitor).

I get that. I worked with a guy that was gay and had no idea he was gay until about 2 weeks in, and that was with his partner working in the same office. Would never have known from his behaviour.

I'm more talking about things like the Mardi gras and the gay men that have those behavioural characteristics. The overt sexuality tends to be celebrated in the gay community (and by the hetero masses that revel in the Sydney Mardi gras), was just wondering why that is.

stlgph
Topic Author

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm

727LOVER wrote:

it's called fun.

something that happens to me ... *A LOT*.

try it sometime.

stlgph
Topic Author

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Freakysh wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Freakysh wrote:

Freakysh wrote:

I get that. I worked with a guy that was gay and had no idea he was gay until about 2 weeks in, and that was with his partner working in the same office. Would never have known from his behaviour.

I'm more talking about things like the Mardi gras and the gay men that have those behavioural characteristics. The overt sexuality tends to be celebrated in the gay community (and by the hetero masses that revel in the Sydney Mardi gras), was just wondering why that is.

because Sydney Mardi Gras is wonderful stupid fun where you just get absolutely crazy and have a total insane blast. it's not an interview to get into Harvard law.

i went this year and had an incredible amount of fun dancing my ass off every day from 6pm to 6am, meeting tons of people from all over the world including several people who live on my damn block - that i had to fly halfway around the world to meet while standing in line for a beer on a booze cruise.

heaven forbid you get out from behind your computer and go out and live life sometime.

bagoldex

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Bigstud69 wrote:

By the way, if you're going to play hostile homophobe on the internet at least check the screen name you plan to use to make sure that it doesn't match up with a pasty gray bisexual guy with an unprotected Xtube profile. Not saying that it's you but it was an amusing observation worth noting.

seb146

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:25 pm

stlgph wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

it's called fun.

something that happens to me ... *A LOT*.

try it sometime.

Oh, you kids. I remember those days. I would never do that now, but you all go have fun. You will not regret it later in life!

skyservice_330

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Bigstud69 wrote:

By the way, if you're going to play hostile homophobe on the internet at least check the screen name you plan to use to make sure that it doesn't match up with a pasty gray bisexual guy with an unprotected Xtube profile. Not saying that it's you but it was an amusing observation worth noting.

Fact - there are no less than 5 people on Grindr who have the exact same profile name as lil'stud. Just sayin...

I'd love for the armchair tough guy to go to a gay club on a Saturday night and say the things he has said in this thread. Me thinks he wouldn't be so 'big' once the muscle queens were done with him. But, alas, that would take courage and balls..things he clearly does not have

stlgph
Topic Author

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 pm

only 5? sunshine, get out of North Little Rock more often! :)

jetero

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Freakysh wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Freakysh wrote:

Freakysh wrote:

Good Lord you’re tiresome.

Freakysh

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 pm

stlgph wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

because Sydney Mardi Gras is wonderful stupid fun where you just get absolutely crazy and have a total insane blast. it's not an interview to get into Harvard law.

i went this year and had an incredible amount of fun dancing my ass off every day from 6pm to 6am, meeting tons of people from all over the world including several people who live on my damn block - that i had to fly halfway around the world to meet while standing in line for a beer on a booze cruise.

heaven forbid you get out from behind your computer and go out and live life sometime.

I have standards when having fun.

Whether it's Miley Cyrus or Mardi gras performers, I don't see how masturbating an oversized blow up penis is fun. Nor do I feel the need to stick my tongue down my wife's throat whilst I grope her crotch in public, necessary in any way.

Guess I'm old fashioned like that. In saying that, I have met gay men with my old fashioned values too.

RetroRoo

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Freakysh wrote:

Not that this should be seen as a virtue, of course. The ability to “pass” for straight is seen as a virtue by many heterosexual (and often times homosexual) people. Imagine being congratulated for successfully hiding your ethnicity or cultural origin. It’s a little messed up.

Freakysh wrote:

Yeah, see our sexual orientation is the overarching point of differentiation for us. We’re literally defined by the sex (or gender) we’re attracted to. Also the often-times sexualised flamboyance you see at the mardi gras has a political element too. Forced to “pass” for straight or hide ourselves for so, so, long, or being the victims of abuse for our sexuality makes an expression of our sexuality a statement of protest. It’s unashamed... “prideful”, if you will.

I’m a life-long Sydney gay who has never been to the parade, it’s not my cup of tea (mostly because of the crowds), but there’s nothing explicit about it. Hell, the Prime Minister and Opposition Leader both regularly attend.

seb146

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Freakysh wrote:
stlgph wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Whether it's Miley Cyrus or Mardi gras performers, I don't see how masturbating an oversized blow up penis is fun. Nor do I feel the need to stick my tongue down my wife's throat whilst I grope her crotch in public, necessary in any way.

Guess I'm old fashioned like that. In saying that, I have met gay men with my old fashioned values too.

Look at the other 51 weekends every year. Hetero people are "comfortable" not knowing about LGBTQ sexuality but are comfortable with hetero sexuality. Why is that? Why does it make you uncomfortable to know LGBTQ have sex? Why is that even an issue? As a gay man, your sex life is none of my business and I don't give a darn what you and your wife do. We all feel that way.

You heterosexuals have had open sex lives for centuries. Playboy Magazine, burlesque shows, women working the streets. But, you all are offended by men being with men? Even the thought of it when you find a co-worker is gay is enough to set you all off? LGBTQ have sex. Get over it. Maybe if you looked at us as human first then, very very far down the list, sexual, things would change.

Freakyish you are not as offended as some and more accepting than some. Thank you. But some of the comments you made are not as progressive as they could be. And that takes time.

seb146

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 pm

I just thought of a great example for Freakyish but it is too late to edit my last post:

Going into the office and they just hired Gary to work in marketing.

Gary: My wife and I...
Person: OMG!!! You are straight??? I have a straight friend too!!!!

or

Person: OMG!!! You are straight??? How do you hide it so well???

or

Person: OMG!!! You are straight??? Why do you have to discuss boobs all the time???

Freakysh

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 pm

seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Look at the other 51 weekends every year. Hetero people are "comfortable" not knowing about LGBTQ sexuality but are comfortable with hetero sexuality. Why is that? Why does it make you uncomfortable to know LGBTQ have sex? Why is that even an issue? As a gay man, your sex life is none of my business and I don't give a darn what you and your wife do. We all feel that way.

You heterosexuals have had open sex lives for centuries. Playboy Magazine, burlesque shows, women working the streets. But, you all are offended by men being with men? Even the thought of it when you find a co-worker is gay is enough to set you all off? LGBTQ have sex. Get over it. Maybe if you looked at us as human first then, very very far down the list, sexual, things would change.

Freakyish you are not as offended as some and more accepting than some. Thank you. But some of the comments you made are not as progressive as they could be. And that takes time.

I'm not uncomfortable with homosexuals having sex. What people do in their bedrooms is fine by me, as you said none of my business. I had no issue with my gay coworker, we got along well, far from being set off.

Playboy magazine, burlesque shows are effectively behind closed doors, they aren't public events. Women working the streets aren't televised and described as fantastic and wonderful. I've no issue with playgirl magazines, gay porn etc.

My question is why do the Mardi gras have to be so overly sexual when it's a public event that is supposed to promote homosexuality. It does the opposite for me and puts me off.
There's ways to protest your oppression, I'm not sure this way gives the right message.

Anyways, I think retroroo gives a decent explanation of letting out years of having to repress your sexuality. That makes some sense to me, even though I wouldn't go down that path of expression.

seb146

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 am

Freakysh wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

I'm not uncomfortable with homosexuals having sex. What people do in their bedrooms is fine by me, as you said none of my business. I had no issue with my gay coworker, we got along well, far from being set off.

Playboy magazine, burlesque shows are effectively behind closed doors, they aren't public events. Women working the streets aren't televised and described as fantastic and wonderful. I've no issue with playgirl magazines, gay porn etc.

My question is why do the Mardi gras have to be so overly sexual when it's a public event that is supposed to promote homosexuality. It does the opposite for me and puts me off.
There's ways to protest your oppression, I'm not sure this way gives the right message.

Anyways, I think retroroo gives a decent explanation of letting out years of having to repress your sexuality. That makes some sense to me, even though I wouldn't go down that path of expression.

The only Mardi Gras I am familiar with are PDX and SEA where it is drinking to excess then breaking stuff. I have seen clips of Mardi Gras from Brazil and New Orleans. Scantily clad women and women flashing crowds. I don't get it but whatever. As long as it is consenting adults. I also understand that those clips do not represent all Mardi Gras participants or what Mardi Gras is about.

Some of those costumes (and the bodies in them) damn....

You are right about Playboy and burlesque. I think I should have said Three's Company and MTV in the 1980s. Women barely covered and appearing "ready to go." Al Bundy is another example of overly heterosexual. Nothing wrong with it. But why does it have to be in my face like that?

My point is still not clear and it is not something I really care much about. Everyone likes sex. Sexuality is out there in the public domain. Even if I am not into it, I will not stand in anyone's way.

TSS

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:09 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Amen, Brother! Some of the greatest highlights of my life have been the times when a straight guy, usually one that I've at least nominally befriended, leans over and conspiratorially says something along the lines of "I'd watch out for that guy, I think he might be gay!" to which, because I can't resist seeing how deep a hole someone will dig themselves into if given half a chance, I'll reply "Really!? How can you tell?". The answers I've received have ranged from absurd to just sad.

einsteinboricua wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Amen to that, too, particularly the last part. I can guess the answer but still I occasionally wonder does the irony of shouting down ANY dissenting opinion with chants of "Oppression!!" and "Censorship!!" ever strike Social Justice Warriors, or am I misunderstanding them and they are simply announcing the activities that they're engaging in?

RetroRoo wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Not that this should be seen as a virtue, of course. The ability to “pass” for straight is seen as a virtue by many heterosexual (and often times homosexual) people. Imagine being congratulated for successfully hiding your ethnicity or cultural origin. It’s a little messed up.

Of course, the opposite is true as well: Nowadays many homosexual (and often times heterosexual) people are critical of if not downright hostile to gays who don't conform to as many gay stereotypes as possible, i.e. "leaving a trail of glitter" as Einsteinboricua so charmingly put it. Imagine the surrealism of having a gay person say to your face that they don't believe you when you tell them you're gay as well. That's a little messed up, too.

seb146

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:41 am

TSS wrote:
RetroRoo wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Of course, the opposite is true as well: Nowadays many homosexual (and often times heterosexual) people are critical of if not downright hostile to gays who don't conform to as many gay stereotypes as possible, i.e. "leaving a trail of glitter" as Einsteinboricua so charmingly put it. Imagine the surrealism of having a gay person say to your face that they don't believe you when you tell them you're gay as well. That's a little messed up, too.

My niece is at that "princess and glitter" phase of growing up. My attitude is "HELL YEAH!!! GLITTER!!!" She does not know that I use glitter pens regularly. Also, her twin brother is all about dirt and American football. My attitude is "HELL YEAH!!! DIRT AND FOOTBALL!!!" It is not a family thing. I genuinely like glitter and playing sports and dirt and princesses. Sue me. I am a guy. I like things.

I told one of my co-workers that I really do not know how many pairs of shoes I own and that I was spending two hours to get ready for a store meeting. He raised an eyebrow and went back to his work because so what? You do you.

einsteinboricua

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 am

seb146 wrote:
I genuinely like glitter and playing sports and dirt and princesses. Sue me. I am a guy. I like things.

You DO realize that my original intent for "glitter" means "gays who are so obvious you'd have to be retarded to not notice", right? The ones that set off even the most broken of gaydars.

Not the literal meaning for glitter.

RetroRoo

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 am

TSS wrote:

Oh, absolutely yes. Anyone who gets pissed off with another person because they don't conform to their gender expectations needs to ask themselves some pretty tough questions.

Freakysh

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 am

TSS wrote:
Imagine the surrealism of having a gay person say to your face that they don't believe you when you tell them you're gay as well. That's a little messed up, too.

I'm guessing these are the gays that make up the majority of floats at the Sydney Mardi gras.

einsteinboricua

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 am

RetroRoo wrote:
Oh, absolutely yes. Anyone who gets pissed off with another person because they don't conform to their gender expectations needs to ask themselves some pretty tough questions.

Or how about having a different mindset of society overall?

Like with the recent case of the Colorado baker. Do I agree with businesses refusing to serve gays? No. But until laws are passed saying that a business cannot discriminate, I'd be willing to settle for a sign as to whom they cater to (or not). Social Justice Warriors would burn me at the stake because I'm willing to accommodate such behavior until it becomes a settled issue.

I like Chick-Fil-A's lemonade. Social Justice Warriors would label me a traitor for even thinking about going to the restaurant.

Freakysh

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

Like with the recent case of the Colorado baker. Do I agree with businesses refusing to serve gays?

But that didn't happen

einsteinboricua

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:46 pm

Freakysh wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Like with the recent case of the Colorado baker. Do I agree with businesses refusing to serve gays?

But that didn't happen

But some conservatives believe it gives them the option.

stlgph
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Freakysh wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

if you have this big issue with Sydney Mardi Gras, then make sure you attend the one in New Orleans.
you know, the straight one.

guess what happens there...

seb146

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:56 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I genuinely like glitter and playing sports and dirt and princesses. Sue me. I am a guy. I like things.

You DO realize that my original intent for "glitter" means "gays who are so obvious you'd have to be retarded to not notice", right? The ones that set off even the most broken of gaydars.

So many double meanings I have to brush up on. I liked it better when we just had to deal with twink, otter, bear, and polar bear....

727LOVER

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 pm

seb146 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So many double meanings I have to brush up on. I liked it better when we just had to deal with twink, otter, bear, and polar bear....

Sorry to ask....what is an otter and a polar bear....white bear? :rotfl:

EDIT:

OK...otter?...found it...but polar bear? Not even on here !

DOUBLE EDIT:
Perhaps I shouldn't link that...LOL

search LGBT slang under wikipedia...that's what I was looking at

einsteinboricua

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Oh you poor, poor man.

The entire animal kingdom is represented in the gay community, particularly bears.

Bears, polar bears, pandas, otters, wolves...

I'm trying to get "faun" to catch on: a man who is hairy at the bottom but hairless at the top...satyr is the overall term of guys with an overactive sexual drive (as satyrs were normally depicted with erections).

A fish is a man who dresses as a woman and convincingly so (ie. professional drag queens).

Freakysh

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 pm

stlgph wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
seb146 wrote:

if you have this big issue with Sydney Mardi Gras, then make sure you attend the one in New Orleans.
you know, the straight one.

guess what happens there...

Yeah, not my cup of tea either.

Boorish behaviour is boorish behaviour and a skank is a skank is a skank.

Barny123

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Freakysh wrote:

Yeah, not my cup of tea either.

Boorish behaviour is boorish behaviour and a skank is a skank is a skank.

Do you live in Sydney along the parade route? Otherwise if it's not your cup of tea why are you watching the parade? From your comments above you imply you saw all the floats, the giant penis, etc. so obviously it was more than just a passing glance at the parade. ;)

Evangelical TV preachers aren't my cup of tea and therefore I don't sit down on a Sunday morning and watch them, each to their own.

TSS

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:27 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Oh you poor, poor man.

The entire animal kingdom is represented in the gay community, particularly bears.

Bears, polar bears, pandas, otters, wolves…

For those not familiar with the terms:

Bears- Gay men who are larger than average in build and hairy… ideally, the hairier the better.

Polar Bears- Bears with white hair, usually much older.

Pandas- Asian Bears.

Otters- Gay men who are average to smaller than average in build and hairy.

Wolves- Gay men who are hairy, single, experienced, and always "on the prowl".

einsteinboricua wrote:
I'm trying to get "faun" to catch on: a man who is hairy at the bottom but hairless at the top...satyr is the overall term of guys with an overactive sexual drive (as satyrs were normally depicted with erections).

Good luck with that, buddy. You've just described a friend of mine perfectly in the same way I have from time to time, but getting people to understand you mean "faun" instead of "fawn" and then having to explain what a "faun" is (honestly, don't they teach Greek Mythology in school anymore?) gets a bit tedious after a while.

jetero

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:37 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

But that didn't happen

But some conservatives believe it gives them the option.

Some? Really? I’d guess a good 80%.