IFor those not old enough or with liberal memories the reason we are talking about Russians today and not Soviets is directly due to those policies But then, listening to 99% of the press in Europe and 95% of it here Reagan was risking WW3.
And the same people who were wrong then gave us the Iran deal.
School must also be a long time ago. A 99 or 95% chance of war means a 1 or 5% chance of there not being war. So, no one was wrong.
Thanks to now public documents we know that the USSR was scared shitless by that loony in the Whitehouse, seriously expecting him to start an unprovoked nuklear first strike, kicked of the biggest KGB operation ever to find out what exactly Reagan wants and the world stood at least twice on the brink on being incinerated, due to the high perceived tension due to the high stakes poker Reagan played with our collective asses.
Trump’s handling of Nk and The Iran deal in the same week is a brilliant move. Can you imagine the pressure on Iran and the backers of the deal 6 months, a year from now two years from now
you mean those backers that just yesterday assured Iran they will nullify the US sanctions? The US allies that publicly state that the United States can´t be trusted anymore? You don´t have the slightest idea how much damage Trump has already done to the US, and short of burning Trump and all his enablers at the steak and a big "sorry, we have lost our collective minds there for a bit", the damage will need decades to be undone.
with a successful deal w NK?
Well, that ship has sailed with the withdraw from the Iran deal, no half way sane dictator, sane within his logic, will ever give up nuklear weapons for a deal in any shape or form with the US.
Sure, a lot can go wrong but we will be no worse off than we are now.
If it wasn´t for the EU, China, Russia and Iran, we´d already be worse of. Iran now has the legal right to start enriching Uranium and have the bomb within a year.
Now let’s be honest could either of the Clintons, Obama’s or for that matter Bush gotten us to this point?
You are right. None of them was that crazy, and neither was interested in deliberately damaging the USA in the long run.
You just got to love that the same people who loved the Iran deal also worry that Trump will somehow appease Rocket Man. Does anyone read what they write?
He is already willing to give Kim recognition on the world stage for nothing in return.
North Korea doesn´t need any appeasement, they will do what they want to do, Kim just knows he is a gazillian times smarter than Trump and can probably extract lots of concessions for doing what he is going to do anyways.
This Singature is a safe space......