MikeDrop

Re: Trump not welcome at Sen. McCain's Funeral

Tue May 08, 2018 3:33 am

WarRI1 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

It is amazing as you say. I think the replies show some have the ability to disregard Sen McCain's politics and realize he did his duty, he served his country, he paid a terrible price while captured, he is maimed, he survived and he admitted that he gave in to torture as most all do. Yet he refused early release. This was not John Wayne, this was an ordinary man, suffering for years along with many others who died, were captured, were maimed and disfigured. We owe this man for what he did along with millions more. It shows some have class and some do not on here. Let the man go with honor, not insults like this cowardly Buffoon we have for a President used against him. Anyone who cannot refrain from those insults should go to Arlington and many other places and reflect on what so many have done for us. I have always considered them all Hero's, those who lived and those who did not. A Cowards way to insult the brave among us.

My oh my how times have changed. I don't seem to remember the fine members of this forum defending this so called hero in October of 2008 when Rep John Lewis compared him to George Wallace.

"Civil rights icon and Georgia congressman John Lewis is accusing John McCain and Sarah Palin of stoking hate, likening the atmosphere at Republican campaign events to those featuring George Wallace, the segregationist former governor of Alabama and presidential candidate. McCain's campaign has responded with a statement in the candidate's name, urging Barack Obama to repudiate Lewis's comments."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathan ... te-content

Seems to me that the only reason why the left likes him today is because he lied to his constituents and voted to save ObamaCare and colluded with the British and Russians to attack Trump.

Its hilarious...Really, it is...

Well if you can find one word of insult, lack of respect or any other word from me calling John McCain anything but a Hero, I will kiss your ass. More far right bullshit as usual. :butthead:

Not "far right bullshit" - Its an honest observation. The left vilified McCain when when was running against Obama - called him a racist. Now he's a hero.

We can differ on opinions, and I respect yours.

But for me, when I found out that McCain collaborated with Christopher Steele and the Russians who he worked with (spies from 2 separate foreign powers) to create and push the fake "Steele Dossier" in order to influence the 2016 election he forfeited any respect as a hero, from me at least.

MikeDrop

Tue May 08, 2018 3:51 am

texdravid wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Well if you can find one word of insult, lack of respect or any other word from me calling John McCain anything but a Hero, I will kiss your ass. More far right bullshit as usual. :butthead:

Not "far right bullshit" - Its an honest observation. The left vilified McCain when when was running against Obama - called him a racist. Now he's a hero.

But for me, when I found out that McCain collaborated with Christopher Steele and the Russians who he worked with (spies from 2 separate foreign powers) to create and push the fake "Steele Dossier" in order to influence the 2016 election he forfeited any respect as a hero, from me at least.

Awesome post, Mike. But don’t hold your breath. You may gently disagree or respect them but these liberals are at war. So I’m at war. That’s the only way.

I hear you, and I get what you are saying. But, if this idea that is America is going to survive we all need practice at showing respect. So i'm going to try to be respectful and post only info that can be verified.

Cheers.
Mike Drop

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2018 3:55 am

This is what happens, when one deals with someone constantly digging everything either Liberal or Conservative, Trolls as they are called, or shit stirrers, but you know who I mean. Painted with the same brush so to speak. You got painted unfortunately by me. My points about Sen. McCain transcends politics. He was a Hero before he was changed by politics. That was my point in putting this thread on, he should be held as a Hero and allowed to die and be remembered as a Hero. tRump as as I call him vilified him and his service and his sacrifice. There was no call for that in my opinion. I go back to the days of and before Vietnam, I never forget a Hero, I never judge anything but their service. I most certainly never forgot a draft dodger, nor anyone such as Jane Fonda who was traitor to me and still is. A draft dodger should never insult a Hero and that is what is happening thanks to you know who. tRump has set the example of no respect for anyone.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

MikeDrop

Tue May 08, 2018 4:08 am

WarRI1 wrote:

This is what happens, when one deals with someone constantly digging everything either Liberal or Conservative, Trolls as they are called, or shit stirrers, but you know who I mean. Painted with the same brush so to speak. You got painted unfortunately by me. My points about Sen. McCain transcends politics. He was a Hero before he was changed by politics. That was my point in putting this thread on, he should be held as a Hero and allowed to die and be remembered as a Hero. tRump as as I call him vilified him and his service and his sacrifice. There was no call for that in my opinion. I go back to the days of and before Vietnam, I never forget a Hero, I never judge anything but their service. I most certainly never forgot a draft dodger, nor anyone such as Jane Fonda who was traitor to me and still is. A draft dodger should never insult a Hero and that is what is happening thanks to you know who. tRump has set the example of no respect for anyone.

Fair enough - I get it. Trump certainly has upended the norms of acceptable society - so it is a confusing time. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm supposed to buy Kanye West songs on iTunes now that he likes Trump... :-). My kids are going to be very confused after almost 10 years of hating on Kanye for the way he treated poor Taylor Swift.

Contradictions all around

Mike Drop

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2018 4:13 am

texdravid wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Cannot respond in any meaningful shape or form so this is your response. Duly noted.

Pot meet kettle. I’m just getting warmed up my friend.

We have seen many like you before, you guys come and go, and the rational are still here on the site. What do you think you gain?

And we have seen many like you for the past 20 years, the oh so brave leftist liberals who like a WTO convention gather around and preen their so called moral stances and throw rhetorical wheelhouses at the few conservatives who brave to be In your liberal bastion of A.net.

I have been here 14 years and ain’t going anywhere. The only way you can win is by censuring my beliefs.
The only way a liberal can EVER win. Rational? You? Thanks for the laugh.

Good luck. You’ll need it.

I look forward to some more rational political discussion. Let me know when you are ready for that. Is this a new site name for you, you seem like someone from the past who has disappeared in the last year or so.

DIRECTFLT

Tue May 08, 2018 4:15 am

I'm happy that President Trump won't have to waste any of his precious time at McCain's Funeral. Anyway, he's busy working behind the scenes to MAGA.

I'm sure the President can find some Rino to send to represent the Administration for the funeral.
Or maybe VP Pence will attend.

i wonder if his daughter will become totally irrelevant after his death. I bet she's dropped from The View...
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 4:22 am

WarRI1 wrote:
texdravid wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

We have seen many like you before, you guys come and go, and the rational are still here on the site. What do you think you gain?

And we have seen many like you for the past 20 years, the oh so brave leftist liberals who like a WTO convention gather around and preen their so called moral stances and throw rhetorical wheelhouses at the few conservatives who brave to be In your liberal bastion of A.net.

I have been here 14 years and ain’t going anywhere. The only way you can win is by censuring my beliefs.
The only way a liberal can EVER win. Rational? You? Thanks for the laugh.

Good luck. You’ll need it.

I look forward to some more rational political discussion. Let me know when you are ready for that. Is this a new site name for you, you seem like someone from the past who has disappeared in the last year or so.

The door is always open for discussion my friend. However, to have that you must cease with the “I’m rational, you’re not.”

Feel free to cut out the endless platitudes about “professionalism or rationality and simply start defending your liberal views. Come after me, if you wish. Just cut out the indignation.

By the way, I have been here jousting with the likes of some liberals from the past who are no longer here. I come and go depending on my schedule.

Cheers.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2018 4:24 am

MikeDrop wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Fair enough - I get it. Trump certainly has upended the norms of acceptable society - so it is a confusing time. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm supposed to buy Kanye West songs on iTunes now that he likes Trump... :-). My kids are going to be very confused after almost 10 years of hating on Kanye for the way he treated poor Taylor Swift.

Mike Drop

I was reading today in the newspaper how everyone is getting stressed from all this confusion and bickering in this country. I am not happy about the direction we are headed in politically and economically. Let us hope for better days and a better future for your children and mine. Contradictions for sure. tRump is one big one. I will try to be more selective with my accusations of Far right Bullshit. My apologies.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2018 4:26 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I'm happy that President Trump won't have to waste any of his precious time at McCain's Funeral. Anyway, he's busy working behind the scenes to MAGA.

I'm sure the President can find some Rino to send to represent the Administration for the funeral.
Or maybe VP Pence will attend.

i wonder if his daughter will become totally irrelevant after his death. I bet she's dropped from The View...

Thanks for the laugh about the Presidents precious time. I like that one. Off to bed.

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 4:28 am

WarRI1 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Mike Drop

I was reading today in the newspaper how everyone is getting stressed from all this confusion and bickering in this country. I am not happy about the direction we are headed in politically and economically. Let us hope for better days and a better future for your children and mine. Contradictions for sure. tRump is one big one. I will try to be more selective with my accusations of Far right Bullshit. My apologies.

I disagree. The last 25 years are the first rumblings of a national breakup that will culminate in a open civil war in the next 20 years. Get ready.

The past is prologue.

Liberal and conservative do not see the world the same, have diametrically opposing viewpoints, beliefs, and value systems that cannot be bridged.

The breakup began slowly with the election of Clinton and has only accelerated with each successive presidency. Each and every new President is seen as illegitimate by the other side and words will soon turn to action.

The next two decades will not be pleasant for the UNITED States of America, which has gone past its expiry date. It’s true, even if you don’t want to believe it.

MikeDrop

Tue May 08, 2018 4:54 am

WarRI1 wrote:

I do appreciate your response, and I look forward to future conversations. If I could make one small comment for you to consider. Here is the thing - my mother bless her heart, raised me to think a certain way. You see, she despised Bill Clinton with every fiber of her being - for her own reasons that aren't important here. BUT she would not tolerate any comment that showed disrespect to the OFFICE of the President. So, while she despised him and was disgusted with his behavior, she always insisted that we call him The President. She would say that he was elected by the people, and that if we didn't respect the office when he was there, then we couldn't expect the other side to show any respect when the side we support inevitably come into power.

It is with this experience that I ask you to stop using your disrespectful term for the President. I would hope that this small change would raise the level of conversation on this forum.

Thanks for listening.

Mike Drop

edit for spelling
Last edited by MikeDrop on Tue May 08, 2018 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeDrop

Tue May 08, 2018 5:02 am

texdravid wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

I disagree. The last 25 years are the first rumblings of a national breakup that will culminate in a open civil war in the next 20 years. Get ready.

The past is prologue.

Liberal and conservative do not see the world the same, have diametrically opposing viewpoints, beliefs, and value systems that cannot be bridged.

The breakup began slowly with the election of Clinton and has only accelerated with each successive presidency. Each and every new President is seen as illegitimate by the other side and words will soon turn to action.

The next two decades will not be pleasant for the UNITED States of America, which has gone past its expiry date. It’s true, even if you don’t want to believe it.

I agree that there are many things to be concerned about. But I absolutely do not believe that we have "gone past our expiration date"

America is an IDEA - it doesn't have an expiration date. There will be tough times ahead for sure, but the idea will survive.

salttee

Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 am

MikeDrop wrote:
I do appreciate your response, and I look forward to future conversations. If I could make one small comment for you to consider. Here is the thing - my mother bless her heart, raised me to think a certain way. You see, she despised Bill Clinton with every fiber of her being - for her own reasons that aren't important here. BUT she would not tolerate any comment that showed disrespect to the OFFICE of the President. So, while she despised him and was disgusted with his behavior, she always insisted that we call him The President. She would say that he was elected by the people, and that if we didn't respect the office when he was there, then we couldn't expect the other side to show any respect when the side we support inevitably come into power.

It is with this experience that I ask you to stop using your disrespectful term for the President. I would home that this small change would raise the level of conversation on this forum.

Thanks for listening.

Mike Drop
I agree wholeheartedly with that. When I read letters to the editor in online I always skip over responses that use that kind of juvenile tactic. I often do the same here.

bagoldex

Tue May 08, 2018 5:10 am

MikeDrop wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

It is with this experience that I ask you to stop using your disrespectful term for the President. I would home that this small change would raise the level of conversation on this forum.

Thanks for listening.

Mike Drop

I'm guessing you'd rather not hear Cheeto Benito or the Tangerine Tornado or Der Groepenfuehrer or F***face von Clownstick or any of the hundreds of other names he's earned either then.

MikeDrop

Tue May 08, 2018 5:19 am

bagoldex wrote:

I'm guessing you'd rather not hear Cheeto Benito or the Tangerine Tornado or Der Groepenfuehrer or F***face von Clownstick or any of the hundreds of other names he's earned either then.

Actually, I don't really care, but if you want to have a serious conversation then you might want to lay off the childish insults. These epithets are the first sign that you are a troll.

You don't want to be a troll do you?

seb146

Tue May 08, 2018 6:46 am

Let's go down the list that "open minded" righties put out:

texdravid wrote:
One side wants their due right to have arms,

to let anyone gun down as many as they want and damn what the majority want

to be free of government intrusion into their economic and religious lives, have the right to raise their children they way they see fit,

by telling people where they can pee, who they can date, how they can have sex, which god to worship and how they learn

and not be mandated or taxed onto oblivion. To be free of jack booted government like California or New York.

because we don't need no stinkin' roads, bridges, clean water, clean air, health care, or public education

The other side is the abhorrent thieves of the Democrat party. The party of feminist nazis, illegal aliens, and militant unions.

because that is what righties have been conditioned to think instead of using critical thinking skills.

Now, if you would like to get back to the original topic instead of just mindlessly spouting falsehoods...

BTW, maybe Democrats voted against the "ambassador to Berlin" because he was unqualified instead of voting for one single issue in his personal life that has zero to do with anything but, again, that takes critical thinking skills.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

Jouhou

Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
texdravid wrote:
I’m a hard, hard ultra right conservative.

What the hell does this even mean? Ive lost track.

It means saying the most outlandish and repugnant things possible in the guise of conservatism makes him hard and he needs to stroke himself to that video of trump motorboating Giuliani in drag.

https://youtu.be/HTFv8Sr08V8

Also there's something wrong with "conservatives" who attack a respected life long Republican because he doesn't kiss Trumps ass. While he's on his deathbed.

Jouhou

Tue May 08, 2018 8:41 am

texdravid wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

The past is prologue.

Hey. Hey. Guess who was a major Clinton Donor prior to 2016. Donald trump! Also guess who was friends with the clintons? https://youtu.be/xM8jfZTC6Mo

The politics are a farce, but trump is still a con man. He's no conservative.

MaverickM11

Tue May 08, 2018 12:04 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
seb146 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Hardly. That more describes current liberalism which is completely authoritarian, illiberal and an abomination to freedom.

Try again.

One side wants a nation where everyone can worship as they please, love as they please, and live as they please. The other side is the Republican party.

Laughable! here is some real news for you:

"Trump Appoints First Openly Gay Ambassador to His Administration: On an 11-10 vote, the Foreign Relations Committee recommended that the full Senate consider Richard Grenell to be the U.S. ambassador in Berlin, according to the Associated Press. Grenell is not a stranger to politics. He served as a U.S. spokesman at the United Nations during President George W. Bush's administration, a Republican strategist who worked for Senator John McCain during his 2000 presidential campaign and has appeared as a foreign affairs commentator on Fox News."

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-appoints- ... ion-694294

The real question is WHY did 10 democrats vote against this openly gay Republican? He worked of Sen McCain...

Oh, and guess who administered his oath? You guessed it - Mike Pence... https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pence-s ... d=54919563

"With Ambassador Grenell leading our diplomatic mission to Germany, we're going to confront shared challenges, seize our shared opportunities, and work together to build a shared future with our allies and friends in Germany,
" Pence said.

Mike Drop

Oh is this where we pretend one or two hard right gay people in the administration counterbalance the endless homophobia from top to bottom and democrats should just rubber stamp anyone just because they're gay?
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
texdravid wrote:
I’m a hard, hard ultra right conservative.

What the hell does this even mean? Ive lost track.

It means he's irrelevant.
seahawk wrote:
Amen, brother. The bible is as important as the constitution, one can have no moral direction without both and the bible is the central guidance for a moral life. Only through the word of god can true greatness be achieved.

The bible is the original fake news. And today's right wing christians are only interested in the rape and pillage parts anyway.
E pur si muove -Galileo

zkojq

Tue May 08, 2018 12:19 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
This thread is amazing, known D posters defending a Republican Senator from the attacks of known R posters on this site.....It really does show what a cluster F the Republican party has turned into.

To the topic at hand, I am among the many that do not agree with all his political views, but he and ANYONE who survived the Hanoi Hilton deserve the respect of this nation.

The biggest irony of all is that the people who are attacking McCain the most harshly are the ones who support Trump; you know, the guy who chickened out of going to Vietnam because he was too much of a coward.

In 1968, less than a year after his Navy bomber was shot down, the imprisoned McCain was abruptly offered unconditional release by the North Vietnamese, perhaps because his father had just been named the commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific. McCain was still badly crippled from his crash and the poor medical treatment that followed, yet he adhered to the P.O.W. code of honor and refused to be repatriated ahead of American prisoners who had been in captivity longer than he.

If that's not honourable and heroic, I don't know what is. Of course those concepts are completely foreign to the moron in the White House. He probably thinks McCain was stupid for not taking up the offer.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ns-heroism

MikeDrop wrote:

Ah yes the "fake" Steele Dossier. The one which has had most of its claims proven right. :rotfl: Seriously, I recommend you take a read. Eventually I'll do a post dissecting its claims and posting known evidence. Chris Steele is a very smart guy.

MaverickM11 wrote:
The bible is the original fake news.

Quite the opposite. The individual gospels are the most well sourced documents of their time.
Most recent planes I've been in: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, B737-600 LN-RPA, B737-700 OY-JTY, B737-800 LN-NGA, B767-300 ZK-NCI, B777-300 ZK-OKN, B787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG

salttee

Tue May 08, 2018 12:31 pm

zkojq wrote:
The individual gospels are the most well sourced documents of their time.
That's ridiculous: The world bring created in 4004BCE? Adam and eve? the flood? Noah's arc? the Jews' exodus from Egypt? Leviticus?

You're trying to put us on aren't you?

jpetekyxmd80

Tue May 08, 2018 2:48 pm

texdravid wrote:

Cannot respond in any meaningful shape or form so this is your response. Duly noted.

You did not even attempt to respond to my initial question. The answer is fairly obvious, given your constant need to overcompensate.

The only two things I expect from you is cowardice and complete incompetence.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

LittleFokker

Tue May 08, 2018 3:10 pm

All the conservative bitching and moaning about who is a "real" American aside....

How is it that a man in his mid-80s who is suffering through (likely) terminal brain cancer and is pondering his funeral plans not resigned his seat yet so Arizona can get some representation? What is he waiting on?
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

zkojq

Tue May 08, 2018 3:38 pm

salttee wrote:
zkojq wrote:
The individual gospels are the most well sourced documents of their time.
That's ridiculous: The world bring created in 4004BCE? Adam and eve? the flood? Noah's arc? the Jews' exodus from Egypt? Leviticus?

You're trying to put us on aren't you?

I said the gospels.
Most recent planes I've been in: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, B737-600 LN-RPA, B737-700 OY-JTY, B737-800 LN-NGA, B767-300 ZK-NCI, B777-300 ZK-OKN, B787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG

salttee

Tue May 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Oh, the new testament. The story of Jesus as told by people who never met the man. The bit about him rising from the dead and all.

I see.

seb146

Tue May 08, 2018 5:42 pm

The McCain family should have his funeral in Sedona on a Saturday. TRump will be too busy playing golf in Florida and IIRC there are no tRump branded golf resorts near Sedona. It is a win-win!
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

GDB

Tue May 08, 2018 6:21 pm

zkojq wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
This thread is amazing, known D posters defending a Republican Senator from the attacks of known R posters on this site.....It really does show what a cluster F the Republican party has turned into.

To the topic at hand, I am among the many that do not agree with all his political views, but he and ANYONE who survived the Hanoi Hilton deserve the respect of this nation.

The biggest irony of all is that the people who are attacking McCain the most harshly are the ones who support Trump; you know, the guy who chickened out of going to Vietnam because he was too much of a coward.

In 1968, less than a year after his Navy bomber was shot down, the imprisoned McCain was abruptly offered unconditional release by the North Vietnamese, perhaps because his father had just been named the commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific. McCain was still badly crippled from his crash and the poor medical treatment that followed, yet he adhered to the P.O.W. code of honor and refused to be repatriated ahead of American prisoners who had been in captivity longer than he.

If that's not honourable and heroic, I don't know what is. Of course those concepts are completely foreign to the moron in the White House. He probably thinks McCain was stupid for not taking up the offer.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ns-heroism

You nailed it, a nasty prick like Trump simply could not compute doing something like that.
Nor could his gun hugging supporters, well some people really need a prop don't they? To hide who they really are, with their own fantasies.
Trump has a long history, his whole life really, of throwing people under the bus, all those he has conned, creditors stiffed, if things get worse for him, as they likely will, he'll run out of people to throw under that bus.
As did Nixon, a very flawed man to be sure, but far from ignorant, quite the opposite.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue May 08, 2018 7:35 pm

I guess we'll never know what super-duper, hard, hard, ultra ultra conservative means!

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 7:38 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

You did not even attempt to respond to my initial question. The answer is fairly obvious, given your constant need to overcompensate.

The only two things I expect from you is cowardice and complete incompetence.

Ha ha, what the hell are you yelling about, to paraphrase YOU. Get real dude. You no more wish to engage in discussion than to rip your own eyes out.

Cheers

anrec80

Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 pm

I don’t really understand this thread. Sen. McCain has not yet passed away, and there are already talks as to who will be on whose funderal.

Given today’s life expectancy and healthcare quality (and a person such as McCain will get the best of the best), it is very possible that McCain will be making a decision to attend or not to attempt Trump’s funeral.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue May 08, 2018 10:50 pm

anrec80 wrote:

Given today’s life expectancy and healthcare quality (and a person such as McCain will get the best of the best), it is very possible that McCain will be making a decision to attend or not to attempt Trump’s funeral.

No, it's not. I will be shocked if McCain doesn't pass away this calendar year.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed May 09, 2018 1:30 am

LittleFokker wrote:
All the conservative bitching and moaning about who is a "real" American aside....

How is it that a man in his mid-80s who is suffering through (likely) terminal brain cancer and is pondering his funeral plans not resigned his seat yet so Arizona can get some representation? What is he waiting on?

I would guess that Sen. McCain has not resigned because of who maybe appointed to his seat by the Governor or the powers that be. Maybe a finger in the eye one last time from this American Hero for our not so honorable person in the WH. I did avoid using my favorite term for the man, did I not? I also do not blame Sen. McCain.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed May 09, 2018 1:33 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
I guess we'll never know what super-duper, hard, hard, ultra ultra conservative means!

I am not surprised, I was most curious myself on that declaration and its explanation which did not come as usual.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed May 09, 2018 1:36 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:

No, it's not. I will be shocked if McCain doesn't pass away this calendar year.

I agree, it would be a big surprise if he did not. This killed one of my old friends very quickly.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed May 09, 2018 2:42 am

MikeDrop wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

It is with this experience that I ask you to stop using your disrespectful term for the President. I would hope that this small change would raise the level of conversation on this forum.

Thanks for listening.

Mike Drop

edit for spelling

I certainly agreed with your Mother for all of my aware years, I tought my children the same values that I valued. My love of country, most people and American Hero's. I do remember the end of WW 2 and on to today. I have read and watched countless stories about these soldiers of the US and their sacrifices. Some of them family and friends. I knew two young men who died there in Vietnam. Just today I had lunch with a group of Vietnam Vets who I worked with, a crazy bunch of guys even today. One fought at Khe Sanh in 1968, one tough Marine, two tours in Vietnam, an old man today.

I cannot hold respect for this President, and he is the first in my life I can say that about. I voted for Reagan once, I voted for Clinton twice I voted for George W. Bush once, I voted for Obama both times, I could respect them enough to vote for them. I could not in good conscience vote for this man. I knew, I wrote on this site of my prediction of him becoming a Caricature, which he has certainly accomplished.

I have never ridiculed a President before this man. I have raged at them, Reagan firing the ATC people. GW Bush policies ruining the economy and costing many people their savings and jobs. I made and saved a ton of money under the Clinton years, gave a lot back under GW Bush in 2008. All the Presidents for letting our jobs and well being sent over to China to enrich and enemy for profit. I hate Congress, all of them. I voted for Hillary holding my nose because of my opinion of this man. He was elected, God help us all. I am still waiting for one person in my age group to say they have seen any wash down from the great tax bill from this group. Not one, and I asked just today. Not great for retiree's as far as I can tell. One may wonder why I ridiculed him, read my words.

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 4:57 am

These two statements don't add up.
MikeDrop wrote:
i'm going to try to be respectful and post only info that can be verified.

MikeDrop wrote:
when I found out that McCain collaborated with Christopher Steele and the Russians who he worked with (spies from 2 separate foreign powers) to create and push the fake "Steele Dossier"

There is no way to "know" the Steele dossier was fake. In fact, that which can be corroborated, has checked out.
Right wingers (and especially libertarians) like to go on and on about "honor", yet they always turn out to cheat around the edges.
I don't take it personal; I think you guys lie to yourselves.

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 am

salttee wrote:
These two statements don't add up.
MikeDrop wrote:
i'm going to try to be respectful and post only info that can be verified.

MikeDrop wrote:
when I found out that McCain collaborated with Christopher Steele and the Russians who he worked with (spies from 2 separate foreign powers) to create and push the fake "Steele Dossier"

There is no way to "know" the Steele dossier was fake. In fact, that which can be corroborated, has checked out.
Right wingers (and especially libertarians) like to go on and on about "honor", yet they always turn out to cheat around the edges.
I don't take it personal; I think you guys lie to yourselves.

Probably worth a separate thread, but, OK How bout you provide some links to this so called corroboration? Here is what I know, from this link: http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-do ... now-777116

Verified: The Kremlin targeted educated youth and swing state voters during its cyber attacks in the 2016 campaign.
• The dossier said educated youth and swing voters were a central target in the Kremlin's campaign of fake news and social media chaos, with the hope of cultivating their anti-establishment anger against Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. This has been proven by congressional investigations into Russia’s misinformation campaigns during the election, which also showed the cyber attacks were broadly aimed at a variety of voters, with the intent to sow divisions on heated political topics.
• The Kremlin also successfully tricked American activists on the far-right and left into attending protests and signing up for self-defense classes in an effort to accentuate social discord, according to numerous media reports and analysis of Russian social media posts.

Not proven: Trump is open to blackmail due to illicit sexual activities in Russia.
• The dossier's most infamous claim came down to two words: Golden shower. As in, the allegation that the Kremlin blackmailed Trump with footage of prostitues he hired in Moscow performing a "golden shower" urination on a hotel bed that former President Barack Obama and filst Lady Michelle Obama once slept in. The so-called "pee tape" has not surfaced and there is still zero indication that it even exists.

Not Proven: Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page met with Igor Sechin, a Putin ally who is the head of Rosneft.
• The dossier claimed Page held secret meetings in Moscow with Igor Sechin, a Putin ally who is the head of Rosneft.
• Page vehemently denied that he met with Sechin. But in November, the House Intelligence Committee released a transcript of Page’s congressional testimony revealing he had in fact met with other Rosneft officials, including Sechin's subordinate Andrey Baranov, during a trip to Moscow in 2016.
• So while Page met with representatives of Rosneft, he didn’t meet with who Steele claimed. Regardless, there has been no illegality to any of these meetings anyway.

Not Proven:: The dossier said Azeri businessman Araz Agalarov knew the details about business bribes Trump had allegedly paid in Russia, as well as Trump's alleged sexual exploits there.
• Evidence of the bribes and sexual activities has never surfaced, but the connections between Trump and fellow billionaire are now well-established. Agalarov and his pop singer son Emin have known Trump for years, and both men worked with Trump on the Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow in 2013.

Not proven: Russia had been cultivating Trump for years, or at all.
• The dossier said Russia’s government has been cultivating, supporting and assisting Trump as a political candidate for at least five years ahead of his campaign. While it has been proven that Russia made numerous attempts to connect with officials in the Trump campaign during the campaign, there is no proof that Putin’s regime was in touch with Trump before that.

Not proven: Trump was offered real estate deals in Russia and turned them down.
• The Kremlin allegedly had been offering lucrative real estate deals to Trump to help win him over, but he rejected them for reasons unknown, according to the dossier. Since its publication, it has been revealed that the Trump Organization was discussing a possible Trump Tower Moscow project in 2015, during the Republican primaries. But the fact that Trump’s lawyer Cohen emailed Russian President Vladimir Putin’s personal spokesman in 2016 begging for help with the stalled construction plan suggests that projects in Russia were not as easy or well-established for Trump as the dossier suggested. The email from Cohen to Putin’s spokesman Dimitry Peskov was sent to a generic email address, making it appear unlikely the men were in close contact through private channels. Trump Tower Moscow never happened, and there is no evidence of any other Trump deals with the Kremlin being considered in recent years.

Not proven: Trump's lawyer worked as an intermediary between Trump and Russia.
• Specific claims about Cohen, such as the allegation that he traveled to Prague in August 2016 to meet with Kremlin associates, have not been substantiated. Cohen has repeatedly denied the claims and provided reporters with photos of his passport to show he had never traveled to meet with Russian officials.

So, Yes, sure, one vague claim about the "Russians" trying to influence the 2016 has been "verified" Hardly proof or collusion or any nefarious activities on Trump's part.

If you have better info or sources, please provide it.

Cheers,

Mike Drop

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 6:10 am

WarRI1 wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

I would guess that Sen. McCain has not resigned because of who maybe appointed to his seat by the Governor or the powers that be. Maybe a finger in the eye one last time from this American Hero for our not so honorable person in the WH. I did avoid using my favorite term for the man, did I not? I also do not blame Sen. McCain.

I thank you for your restraint. In my opinion your post was better for it. You are probably correct in your assessment.

Cheers,

Mike Drop

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 10:07 am

MikeDrop wrote:
How bout you provide some links to this so called corroboration?

From the Newsweek article:
Verified: Trump maintains ties to rich businessmen from Azerbaijan.
Verified: The Kremlin targeted educated youth and swing state voters during its cyber attacks in the 2016 campaign.

Newsweek says the it is unproven that Russia had been cultivating Trump for years, or at all.
That's BS, Trump has been making trips to Russia for over ten years yet has never done a deal there that shows up on paper.
If Russia hasn't been cultivating him, he's been cultivating the Russians.
This part of the Steele dossier is true, no doubt about it.

Newsweek says the it is unproven that Trump was offered real estate deals in Russia and turned them down.
That also has to be tilting the scales, maybe it can't be proven (how could it be proven?) but Trump was negotiating something in all those trips to Russia.
That part of the Steele dossier is also true.

The Newsweek article was written by a little known independent writer, Cristina Maza, it is a hack job, or clickbait at best.

Wikipedia offers six points supporting the dossier (with citations)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2% ... llegations

In the news today is more proof of Cohen's shenanigans.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... f51620884e

I see no need for a separate thread, your Newsweek piece citation has been rebutted. Your term "fake "Steele Dossier" is false propaganda from the Fox echo chamber or some such source.

ltbewr

Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 am

If I were the Senator's family, I would rather not have President Trump attend the funeral out of the intense security hassles it would have to be in place and the distractions he would cause.
I do wish that Sen. McCain would resign immediately, he should have done so months ago, as his diagnosis and medical condition prevents him from doing his job anyway.

stratosphere

Wed May 09, 2018 1:51 pm

ltbewr wrote:
If I were the Senator's family, I would rather not have President Trump attend the funeral out of the intense security hassles it would have to be in place and the distractions he would cause.
I do wish that Sen. McCain would resign immediately, he should have done so months ago, as his diagnosis and medical condition prevents him from doing his job anyway.

I agree McCain should have stepped down. But as far as his funeral I think personally it's kinda weird to plan invited guests to your funeral it's not like a wedding but that aside he has a right to say who he doesn't want to be there. I do not blame McCain one bit for not wanting Trump there. I voted for Trump for a number of reasons even though I don't like him and never have but there are some things he has proposed and has done that I approve of but during the campaign his comments about McCain were below the belt. Even though I have a lot of issues I don't like about McCain I totally respect anyone who has gone through what he has and no one has a right to question his military service especially someone who got out of military service with a bullshit excuse of 'bone spurs". I lost my respect for McCain after too many years as a senator and he is another one who in my opinion is a poster child for term limits. But that does not and will not change my view of him and respect him as someone who served his country and went through a brutal experience and lived through it. I have really fallen out of favor with Trump as I am sure a lot of others have. Dogging former presidents for playing too much golf and excess personal travel on AF1 on the government dime is totally acceptable and I have condemned it too but don't run for the office on that platform and then abuse those same things yourself and more. Trump will not get my vote again. Count me among the people who were fed up with career politicians and the sleeze of D.C. and was hoping for something different. I guess anyone with money and power and influence are always going to look out for themselves and their cronies I guess we as a society are doomed to never have anyone who looks out for the people.

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 2:09 pm

salttee wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
How bout you provide some links to this so called corroboration?

From the Newsweek article:

Newsweek says the it is unproven that Russia had been cultivating Trump for years, or at all.
That's BS, Trump has been making trips to Russia for over ten years yet has never done a deal there that shows up on paper.
If Russia hasn't been cultivating him, he's been cultivating the Russians.
This part of the Steele dossier is true, no doubt about it.

Newsweek says the it is unproven that Trump was offered real estate deals in Russia and turned them down.
That also has to be tilting the scales, maybe it can't be proven (how could it be proven?) but Trump was negotiating something in all those trips to Russia.
That part of the Steele dossier is also true.

The Newsweek article was written by a little known independent writer, Cristina Maza, it is a hack job, or clickbait at best.

Wikipedia offers six points supporting the dossier (with citations)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2% ... llegations

In the news today is more proof of Cohen's shenanigans.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... f51620884e

I see no need for a separate thread, your Newsweek piece citation has been rebutted. Your term "fake "Steele Dossier" is false propaganda from the Fox echo chamber or some such source.

Ok, I get it. You feel very strongly that the dossier is real. But your sources are weak and don't actually address the specifics of the dossier. They simply make accusations and generalizations. For example, your Wikipedia link references a Huffington Post link that says that "Trumps strategy seems to align with Putin". I saw this BS and stopped reading.

As far as the WaPo article, while the headline sure sounds like it could be bad, it doesn't identify anything illegal as far as I can tell, unless doing work for Russians is illegal now. Bottom line is that the article doesn't even mention the Steele Dossier.

AA747123

Wed May 09, 2018 4:42 pm

This is not only an insult to Trump it is an insult the the office of the POTUS. McCain is just a sore loser!

casinterest

Wed May 09, 2018 4:46 pm

AA747123 wrote:
This is not only an insult to Trump it is an insult the the office of the POTUS. McCain is just a sore loser!

Let me correct that for you.

It is an Insult to the cowardly , racist, lying , philandering, shell of a man called Trump. Trump is an insult to the office of POTUS and decent folks everywhere.

McCain has a right to make it known that his funeral is not to be attended by such a dishonorable and cruel person as Donald Trump.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

jpetekyxmd80

Wed May 09, 2018 4:49 pm

AA747123 wrote:

Such a sore loser that the man he lost to- Barack Obama- will give a eulogy at it.

Honesty if this is a troll account designed to create the stupidest Trump supporter imaginable, you could not be doing a better job. Kudos!

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 4:52 pm

@MikeDrop

You don't think that Trump's strategy has been to align with Putin? Haven't you noticed how much he is endeared to Russia? His daughter's name is Ivanka for christ's sake! The Huffington Post was just stating the obvious. Trump and Putin are an item.

Don't forget, it was the Steele dossier that first brought Cohen to our attention, back then nothing was publicly known about Trump's inner workings in Russia. The WaPo article doesn't have to show Cohen did anything illegal, that isn't the issue here. The WaPo article just supports the Steele allegation that Cohen was a Trump front man in Russia.

Your attack on the information provided is more vague and generalistic than the information that you're challenging. You are completely biased against what is obvious reality. Your own source (Newsweek) supports the only two specific points it addresses that could possibly be proven. There is no freedom of information act in Russia.
Last edited by salttee on Wed May 09, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 5:36 pm

salttee wrote:
@MikeDrop

You don't think that Trump's strategy has been to align with Putin? Haven't you noticed how much he is endeared to Russia? His daughter's name is Ivanka for christ's sake! The Huffington Post was just stating the obvious. Trump and Putin are an item.

Don't forget, it was the Steele dossier that first brought Cohen to our attention, back then nothing was publicly known about Trump's inner workings in Russia. The WaPo article doesn't have to show Cohen did anything illegal, that isn't the issue here. The WaPo article just supports the Steele allegation that Cohen was a Trump front man in Russia.

Your attack on the information provided is more vague and generalistic than the information that you're challenging. You are completely biased against what is obvious reality. Your own source (Newsweek) supports the only two specific points it addresses that could possibly be proven. There is no freedom of information act in Russia.

Suspicion and political intrigue is not reality until proven. You stated that much of the dossier had been corroborated. You are incorrect. Your latest reply is about your suspicions and what the impact would be if true. This is called speculation. Calling suspicions and speculation reality equals Fake News.

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Christopher Steele is a man with impeccable credentials. His work is not false until proven otherwise as you want to say.

And in any event from your source:
And Cohen's activities have been verified several times over.

If you keep up with this, you are a fraud, a Trump troll: your pretensions aside.

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 6:22 pm

salttee wrote:
Christopher Steele is a man with impeccable credentials. His work is not false until proven otherwise as you want to say.

And in any event from your source:
And Cohen's activities have been verified several times over.

If you keep up with this, you are a fraud, a Trump troll: your pretensions aside.

Christopher Steele is a foreign agent (British) who was paid by the DNC to work with Russian agents to influence the 2016 election. This is established fact. I've seen nothing that shows his reputation to be impeccable.

Trumps ties to rich Russians has not been proven to be based on anything illegal. If you have a source that proves otherwise please produce it.

Or you can just call me names. Whatever floats you boat.

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 6:31 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Christopher Steele is a foreign agent (British) who was paid by the DNC to work with Russian agents to influence the 2016 election. This is established fact. I've seen nothing that shows his reputation to be impeccable.
He was the head of the Russian desk at MI-5 until he retired.

MikeDrop wrote:
Trumps ties to rich Russians has not been proven to be based on anything illegal. If you have a source that proves otherwise please produce it.
That isn't the issue. The issue is whether the Steele dossier is fundamentally accurate.

It has become obvious that you are just a Trump shill and have no interest in truth.
I see no need to entertain you further.