MikeDrop

Re: Trump not welcome at Sen. McCain's Funeral

Wed May 09, 2018 7:01 pm

salttee wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Christopher Steele is a foreign agent (British) who was paid by the DNC to work with Russian agents to influence the 2016 election. This is established fact. I've seen nothing that shows his reputation to be impeccable.
He was the head of the Russian desk at MI-5 until he retired.

MikeDrop wrote:
Trumps ties to rich Russians has not been proven to be based on anything illegal. If you have a source that proves otherwise please produce it.
That isn't the issue. The issue is whether the Steele dossier is fundamentally accurate.

It has become obvious that you are just a Trump shill and have no interest in truth.
I see no need to entertain you further.

Call me what you want, but your argument has shifted for "corroborated" to "fundamentally accurate". At the end of the day, it's just your opinion. And you still have not produced a single credible source that proves either.

As for Mr. Steele being a retired foreign spy, well if that makes it OK in your mind for the DNC to conspire (pay) with him to work with Russian agents to influence the 2016 election then fine. Our opinions are going to differ.

910A

Wed May 09, 2018 7:07 pm

stratosphere wrote:

I agree McCain should have stepped down. But as far as his funeral I think personally it's kinda weird to plan invited guests to your funeral it's not like a wedding but that aside he has a right to say who he doesn't want to be there..

He won't resign before May 31st. Per the law here in Arizona, that's the magic date between holding a special election where some nutcase can win the seat, or the governor appoints a replacement until the 2020 election. McCain reportedly submitted a list of candidates that he would like to succeed him.

In high profile positions; it's important to pre-plan, immediately it's chaos right after someone like that passes on. For instance, before I retired from the California Highway Patrol back in the day, it became a requirement, to pre-plan, casket or not, Governor or not, what kind of service do you want, etc. This came about since departmental chaplains try to take over, to the point of pushing out widows/widowers requests. From my experience this also happens in the military, where chaplains know everything..

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 7:27 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Call me what you want, but your argument has shifted for "corroborated" to "fundamentally accurate". At the end of the day, it's just your opinion. And you still have not produced a single credible source that proves either.
It's you who is trying to move the goalposts. This subthread started in post #86 when I called you on your "fake Steele Dossier" statement.
Even with your links it is proven that the Steele dossier is fundamentally accurate. None of it has been disproved. Not one thing.

MikeDrop wrote:
As for Mr. Steele being a retired foreign spy, well if that makes it OK in your mind for the DNC to conspire (pay) with him to work with Russian agents to influence the 2016 election then fine. Our opinions are going to differ.
He is not just a "retired foreign spy" He was the head of the Russian desk at MI-5 until he retired. You can't poo poo that away. Attacking him is more than a bit like how the right wing now slanders McCain. Steele was a hero in his time, a hero of the west and he was acknowledged for being the top man in MI-5's Russian department.

And he wasn't hired by the DNC, he never "conspired" with the DNC, he was hired by Glenn Simpson, of Fusion GPS.
He never spoke with anyone from the DNC and you know that.

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm

salttee wrote:
This subthread started in post #86 when I called you on your "fake Steele Dossier" statement.
Even with your links it is proven that the Steele dossier is fundamentally accurate. None of it has been disproved. Not one thing.

Even NPR chose not to even publish the contents of the "dossier" because it remains unverified.
https://www.npr.org/2018/01/09/57678988 ... lackmailed
" NPR has not detailed the material contained in the dossier because it remains unverified, but it describes a concerted effort by powerful Russians to cultivate a relationship with Trump and his camp. It also describes lascivious behavior that might embarrass Trump or could have been used as leverage to influence him."

NPR also claims the following:
"later, as Trump's pathway to the Republican nomination became more assured, the firm was hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee to continue that research.
As part of that research, Fusion GPS hired Steele, who had been the head of MI6's Russia desk.
"

Here's another source James Comey himself, during an interview with George Stephanopoulos of ABC: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... ssier.html

"STEPHANOPOULOS: Did -- but did he have a right to know that?
COMEY: That it had been financed by his political opponents? I don't know the answer to that.
I -- it wasn't necessary for my goal, which was to alert him that we had this information.
"

To claim that the DNC wasn't involved is just disingenuous on your part.

And besides, its not up to me or Trump to prove that Steele is lying, its up to Steele and you to prove its true. Its totally unAmerican to make someone disprove an accusation of criminal activity. Publishing these kinds of accusations with no evidence or proof meets my standard for calling it fake.

And this really is the crux of the issue for me. Because now the rules of the game in American politics are that its OK to fund foreign entities (spies or former spies) to create salacious accusations of your opponent and then use the American intelligence apparatus to smear that person with the accusations. I doubt that either side will be happy with the future if this kind of thing is allowed to stand.

jpetekyxmd80

Wed May 09, 2018 8:37 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Its totally unAmerican to make someone disprove an accusation of criminal activity.

Lock her up!!

Lock her up!!
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 8:37 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
To claim that the DNC wasn't involved is just disingenuous on your part.
Now you call me a liar, how cute.
I repeat:
he wasn't hired by the DNC, he never "conspired" with the DNC, he was hired by Glenn Simpson, of Fusion GPS.
He never spoke with anyone from the DNC and you know that.
I'm not going to go around in circles with you.
The above posts stand on their own.

MikeDrop wrote:
And besides, its not up to me or Trump to prove that Steele is lying, its up to Steele and you to prove its true. Its totally unAmerican to make someone disprove an accusation of criminal activity. Publishing these kinds of accusations with no evidence or proof meets my standard for calling it fake.
When you call someone a liar, it is up to you to prove it.

MikeDrop wrote:
And this really is the crux of the issue for me. Because now the rules of the game in American politics are that its OK to fund foreign entities (spies or former spies) to create salacious accusations of your opponent and then use the American intelligence apparatus to smear that person with the accusations. I doubt that either side will be happy with the future if this kind of thing is allowed to stand.
The crux of the issue is that you and your friends want to sell the US out to Russia which is and always has been our enemy (with a thousand nukes pointed our way), and now you want to shade our most dependable ally Britain. Britain isn't a "foreign entity", Britain is our first cousin.

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 8:39 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Lock her up!!

Lock her up!!
LOL
How appropriate.

LMP737

Wed May 09, 2018 9:03 pm

texdravid wrote:

Well the John McCain in Vietnam was a spoiled brat and klutz and got advanced simply due to his Grandfather and Father’s nepotism and favoritism.

But he did suffer and chose not to be freed earlier. He has my respect for those years.

However, where he should be condemned is his behavior as a senator. He was corrupt and should have had the decency and strength to just switch parties over two decades ago. Never a team player and always portrayed himself “above politics”. Finally he never met a war he didn’t like. Economically he was clueless.

What he says now about Palin is simply a cheap shot. For all her numerous faults and idiocy, she was and remains loyal to McCain and has never bad mouthed him. So his unilateral condemnation of Palin is unfortunate.

But at the end of the day, will I go out of my way to blast him like Obama? No. At the end of life I’ll simply pull my punches and let the guy go.

Everyone here knows the reason for your vitriol aimed at John McCain. It's his vote on ACA and him butting heads with Trump. If he had voted the other way and was Trumps lapdog you be singing his praises. Hell, you would probably be in tears while you were writing it.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 9:49 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Its totally unAmerican to make someone disprove an accusation of criminal activity.

Lock her up!!

Lock her up!!

I have to admit this is a pretty good reply, but to be fair, the many accusations against Hillary were backed up with significant evidence of wrong doing. Still a good reply regardless.

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 9:51 pm

salttee wrote:
When you call someone a liar, it is up to you to prove it.

I actually used the word disingenuous, not liar. There are many synonyms for this word, and yes, you are choosing to be outraged over one of them being "lying". That's fine, but I think a better synonym is "insincere". For this particular situation. And yes, I did provide multiple credible sources that indicate that the DNC was behind Fusion GPS hiring the foreign spy Steele.

But, yes, technically, my sources did not say that the DNC hired Steele directly. So if you are offended I apologize.

jetero

Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
the many accusations against Hillary were backed up with significant evidence of wrong doing.

I suppose given revelation after revelation after revelation all pointing in a common direction (i.e., eastward towards Moscow), at the end of the day we should just feel sorry for good ole President Dunderhead (the self-proclaimed smartest guy in the room) for his unfortunate proclivity to associate with shady criminals.

salttee

Wed May 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Mike, you are no different than the DFW guy who came before you.

MikeDrop

Wed May 09, 2018 11:16 pm

salttee wrote:

Dont know that person, but they sound fantastic.

treetreeseven

Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 am

Haha you fogeys are posting too much meta in your mutual trolling threads, it's like when somebody is on SNL doing a sketch on Weekend Update and they start getting the giggles. Like Stefon or Pete Davidson on recent SNL. Absolutely hilarious to watch but you're not supposed to do it :lol:

Personally I suspect John McCain was indeed many of the things we've seen backed by evidence. Hotheaded spoiled rich brat, self serving politician, man who got caught up when trying - whether skilfully or otherwise - to do what his country asked of him in war, and paid a brutal price for it. I think if I added it all up, as someone very far to the left I'd say he's a terrible politician... but he will not sell out and bend over for Trump. That's why I respect the man at the end of the day.

I watched his statements during the ACA drama. John McCain and I do not agree on a lot. But he has a line beyond which he would not go when it came to the cheapening of civic discourse and political process in that same country which required such a high price from him as a POW. He received a death sentence - median survival from diagnosis of glioblastoma multiforme is measured in months - and said you know what? F this. I will be one of the few in my party to stand up and say, Trump and allllll those who dream of riding in on Trump's coattails, people like that bloated Nazi Steve Bannon and the creepy tiki-torch brownshirts, and that vile little toad from Alabama waiting in the wings? Not okay.

I think John McCain's actual reasons for that ACA vote were twofold.

Reason #1: F you, Trump. You want this "achievement" to crow about, and for your "legacy," yet I alone hold the power, muahahahah, etc etc. Brilliantly played. Guess Trump shouldn't have been such an a-hole during the campaign huh? Tsk, tsk. Find me a person who finds fault with reason #1 and you've found the lowest of the low, a tribalist who'll lick the boots but never wear any himself.

Reason #2: The sheer blatant nakedness of the Republican swamp trying to railroad through the gutting of the ACA, in secret, without even a DEBATE. That law *undeniably* gave MILLIONS of Americans health care who had no access to it before, including if I recall correctly, plenty in Arizona. The ACA affects millions of lives and tens or hundreds of thousands of jobs in the health care sector. The Republican swamp creatures and their garish clown of a "leader" were trying to knife it in a dark alley and stuff the suit with a bill they wrote in secret. Not okay.

Not okay for the stability of American constitutional government, not okay for the ability of government to solve problems and provide for the people who elected it, not okay for the state of civic discourse at our dinner tables and on our failbook feeds, and beyond that, it's a basic d*ck move and this is the Senate, for god's sake, can we please not let that go even more to the dogs than it already has when America so desperately *needs* all her checks and balances restraining the executive branch?

McCain I suspect would have happily done terrible things to the ACA under regular procedure, but that's not what was at issue. He got handed a death sentence one day and a golden opportunity to speak his conscience from the bully pulpit the next, and at that time - some might say for the first time - he really stood up.

All my interpretation of course, but that's why I respect him while intensely disagreeing with him. The fact that millions of poor people get to keep their coverage, and that Obama's one masterwork play, the camel's nose under the tent strategy with a public benefit juuuust barely good enough for just enough people who will now fight to the bitter end before they see it taken away? Well, that's a nice bonus for the people who need one most... and for John McCain's legacy. Thanks, John. :)

slider

Thu May 10, 2018 5:49 pm

The only reason ANYONE should attend McCain's funeral is to make sure the sonofabitch is dead.

McCain is not a hero. I repeat--he's not a hero. At every turn, he's used influence to advance, wrapping himself up in the flag all the way. McCain is a traitorous snake and career oligarch. He has consistently betrayed his AZ constituents by embracing amnesty. And don't forget the Keating Five!

So let's talk about his honorable service: graduated nearly last in his class at Annapolis--by most reports 4th from last (894 out of 899), and he led his class in demerits every single year during his time at Annapolis. Used his father's influence to get him into Naval aviation, taking a slot that rightfully belonged to someone else.

He should have been court martialed for the Forrestal disaster. McCain "wet started" his plane, which resulted in a 1000 lb bomb coming loose, started a fire and killed another pilot. McCain tried to evac the plane, disengaging two other bombs instead which exploded. Then he bailed below decks and was helicopted off the Forrestal, never to return. Covered up for decades. 134 dead.

Then he got himself shot down by violating protocol and ratted out BEFORE he was tortured. Destroying five Navy planes, getting shot down and becoming a prisoner of war, and being elected to the Senate for the rest of your life does not make you a hero. McCain made thirty-two broadcasts for the North Vietcong while a captive and received special treatment because his father and grandfathers were admirals. And, along with John Kerry, he blocked any search for men left behind in Vietnam. Despicable. And then later had his records sealed on top of it.

The truth about this odious man needs to be shouted from the mountain tops. I know it's un-Christian to have such contempt for this man, but he has done little to nothing to make this a better nation and, one can make the argument, he's worsened it. His entire career and life is a sham.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu May 10, 2018 6:00 pm

What do you think about Donald Trump?

windy95

Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Songbird McCain received more combat medals than actual hours flown over enemy territory. I suppose having daddy in charge of the Pacific Fleet had nothing to do with that..
non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam

windy95

Thu May 10, 2018 6:30 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
What do you think about Donald Trump?

President Trump is doing a great job. #MAGA
non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam

LMP737

Thu May 10, 2018 10:06 pm

aviationaware wrote:
Now he is publicly planning his own funeral by inviting and uninviting specific people. That's utterly classless. Any decent person would just have put that into his testament and been done with it. I am pretty sure Trump doesn't even want to be at his funeral. But by publicly uninviting Trump, McCain has given a final low blow. He managed to end his life in the gutter. Congrats.

Classless? What's this sudden concern about "class"? Do we need to go over all the classless things Trump has said and done over the past couple years?

LMP737

Thu May 10, 2018 10:10 pm

texdravid wrote:
As I have said many times before, I simply tolerate Trump. I’m a Ted Cruz fan. I’m a hard, hard ultra right conservative. .

LOL! No you're not, you're just a mythical creature who lives under a bridge

LMP737

Thu May 10, 2018 10:19 pm

windy95 wrote:
Songbird McCain received more combat medals than actual hours flown over enemy territory. I suppose having daddy in charge of the Pacific Fleet had nothing to do with that..

Give me a break. If someone had said this of John McCain in 2008 you would have had a fit. That's what makes you so transparent. You wrap yourself in the flag talking about respect for veterans but when someone you feel is an enemy of the draft-dodger-in-chief you show your true colors.

LMP737

Thu May 10, 2018 10:26 pm

slider wrote:
e.

He should have been court martialed for the Forrestal disaster. McCain "wet started" his plane, which resulted in a 1000 lb bomb coming loose, started a fire and killed another pilot. McCain tried to evac the plane, disengaging two other bombs instead which exploded. Then he bailed below decks and was helicopted off the Forrestal, never to return. Covered up for decades. 134 dead.

Thank you for revealing your ignorance to everyone. If you had any knowledge of the Forestall disaster you would know the real reason for it. You are either willfully ignorant or you are being deliberately deceitful. So turn off what ever internet cesspool you got that info and do some honest research.

texdravid

Thu May 10, 2018 10:29 pm

LMP737 wrote:
texdravid wrote:
As I have said many times before, I simply tolerate Trump. I’m a Ted Cruz fan. I’m a hard, hard ultra right conservative. .

LOL! No you're not, you're just a mythical creature who lives under a bridge

No sir, I am a mythical creature who resides in liberals head. Any mere utterance by me on these boards is enough for you and your friends to lose it completely and become unhinged.

Me? I love it!!
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu May 10, 2018 10:37 pm

That's really funny. Just searching for that gave me some good windy95 soundbites from years past !

windy95 wrote:
Yes he has made himself King. Why do we even need Congress or the Constitution anymore?

windy95 wrote:
This is exactly what a dictator does, not an American president. We are a constitutional republic. The rule of law and the separation of powers are completely foreign concepts to this administration.

windy95 wrote:
The surgeon generals and the head of the CDC positions have NOT been filled yet even though we are 100 days into his reign.

Ah Memories. Somehow Obama's golf at the time did not result in the end of the world via swine flu.

LMP737

Thu May 10, 2018 11:13 pm

texdravid wrote:
No sir, I am a mythical creature who resides in liberals head. Any mere utterance by me on these boards is enough for you and your friends to lose it completely and become unhinged.

LOL. You're just a troll, and a lazy one at that.

texdravid wrote:
Now, can you refute the Black Panther outrage by Holder? Quit hiding behind Your liberal skirt and explain.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/no-proof-i ... -official/

Bush administration decided not to pursue criminal charges, with Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez testifying that the Bush Justice Department "determined that the facts did not constitute a prosecutable violation of the criminal statutes"; a civil lawsuit was filed in the last days of the Bush administration, and a judgment won by the Obama Justice Department in May 2009).

jpetekyxmd80

Thu May 10, 2018 11:20 pm

I am really intimidated by the chronically overcompensating attention whore trying to troll and amp up his 'conservative cred' in the most ridiculous ways possible.

And to think it took you so long to get on the Trump train!! WHy?? Choo Chooo

texdravid

Thu May 10, 2018 11:37 pm

LMP737 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

LOL. You're just a troll, and a lazy one at that.

texdravid wrote:
Now, can you refute the Black Panther outrage by Holder? Quit hiding behind Your liberal skirt and explain.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/no-proof-i ... -official/

Bush administration decided not to pursue criminal charges, with Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez testifying that the Bush Justice Department "determined that the facts did not constitute a prosecutable violation of the criminal statutes"; a civil lawsuit was filed in the last days of the Bush administration, and a judgment won by the Obama Justice Department in May 2009).

Dude Bush and his administration were just trying to get out of town during the lame duck last days of his presidency. Further, Bush is the same ass that left scooter Libby twisting in the wind for a nakedly Pomerado political charge. That’s one thing about democrats...they are fiercely tribal. Obama would never give up Holder.

Troll...a lazy one? Ha ha your answers are increasingly simply sound bites. Lazy sound bites.
I’ve noticed so many, if not all of liberals after two posts show their defeat by uttering Troll!!

You guys can’t defend your side so all you are left with is Troll. So pathetic.

And I might add in the bravery of these so called liberals you can’t stand any conservative voice while outnumbering me 25:1.

If I cause so much angst and anxiety, imagine if you were in my shoes and you were outnumbered! You guys would quit in a heartbeat.

texdravid

Thu May 10, 2018 11:39 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
I am really intimidated by the chronically overcompensating attention whore trying to troll and amp up his 'conservative cred' in the most ridiculous ways possible.

And to think it took you so long to get on the Trump train!! WHy?? Choo Chooo

And I am increasingly amused by you my friend. Your attempts to debate me are failing and you’re upset at that. There, there, I understand.

Being a snowflake liberal is tough, so I’ll be nicer.

jpetekyxmd80

Fri May 11, 2018 1:53 am

White House aide Kelly Sadler responded to Sen. John McCain's opposition to President Donald Trump's pick for CIA director by saying Thursday morning that "he's dying anyway," a White House official told CNN.

The.Very.Best.People.

MikeDrop

Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
White House aide Kelly Sadler responded to Sen. John McCain's opposition to President Donald Trump's pick for CIA director by saying Thursday morning that "he's dying anyway," a White House official told CNN.

The.Very.Best.People.

Lol - Trumps team tells the truth and you clutch your pearls...

:-)

jpetekyxmd80

Fri May 11, 2018 2:26 am

Only the best supporters too

WarRI1
Topic Author

Fri May 11, 2018 2:41 am

MikeDrop wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

The.Very.Best.People.

I do think that is in very poor taste though and I quote "He is dying anyway" True, no question, but to dismiss a man like that is callous to a fault, especially a man who has served his country so honorably. Far more honorably than the man we speak of on here. One cannot protest the use of certain names and then excuse such callousness. The mans team is far from honest and the telling of truths is not their Forte.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

727LOVER

Fri May 11, 2018 3:30 am

White House aide on McCain:
"HE'S GOING TO DIE ANYWAY"

CLASSY :roll:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/10/politics ... index.html

Sadler called the senator's daughter Meghan McCain on Thursday to apologize for the remark, a source close to the situation told CNN, although it's unclear what her response was.

I'll tune on The View tomorrow and find out.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

MikeDrop

Fri May 11, 2018 4:54 am

WarRI1 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

The.Very.Best.People.

I do think that is in very poor taste though and I quote "He is dying anyway" True, no question, but to dismiss a man like that is callous to a fault, especially a man who has served his country so honorably. Far more honorably than the man we speak of on here. One cannot protest the use of certain names and then excuse such callousness. The mans team is far from honest and the telling of truths is not their Forte.

Yeah, you are right, it is poor taste.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sat May 12, 2018 2:08 am

727LOVER wrote:

Sadler called the senator's daughter Meghan McCain on Thursday to apologize for the remark, a source close to the situation told CNN, although it's unclear what her response was.

The outright evasion of an answer by the White House mouthpiece was one thing today, but I could not believe the lukewarm response by the veterans of Vietnam about this callus degrading dismissal of a man who is a Hero of that war. This is how far down we have come in this country. I watched men admit they voted for this draft evader well knowing his service record. They fought and died while he evaded his duty, and they stammered and also really avoided a downright condemnation of the W.H. response about this woman and her big mouth when asked. I also heard the question, where is General Kelly? I would like to know that myself. Where are the Vets in congress, where is the outrage from our Vets of Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan?

stratosphere

Sat May 12, 2018 2:33 am

WarRI1 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

The outright evasion of an answer by the White House mouthpiece was one thing today, but I could not believe the lukewarm response by the veterans of Vietnam about this callus degrading dismissal of a man who is a Hero of that war. This is how far down we have come in this country. I watched men admit they voted for this draft evader well knowing his service record. They fought and died while he evaded his duty, and they stammered and also really avoided a downright condemnation of the W.H. response about this woman and her big mouth when asked. I also heard the question, where is General Kelly? I would like to know that myself. Where are the Vets in congress, where is the outrage from our Vets of Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan?

I have to agree not that we agree all that much. I don't like McCain as a senator never have but I always respect his service to this country and his being in captivity no one can know what that is like unless you lived it not to mention the torture. This is one time I had to look at Trump in contempt don't ever dog anyone who has served and has been a prisoner of war and of all things say you respect people who were not captured.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sat May 12, 2018 3:31 am

stratosphere wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

I have to agree not that we agree all that much. I don't like McCain as a senator never have but I always respect his service to this country and his being in captivity no one can know what that is like unless you lived it not to mention the torture. This is one time I had to look at Trump in contempt don't ever dog anyone who has served and has been a prisoner of war and of all things say you respect people who were not captured.

:checkmark: :checkmark:

There are times to agree and times to not agree, on this we agree 100%

alfa164

Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
What the hell are you rambling on about?

On behalf of my native state of Texas, I must apologize for the mindless comments (or should I say mindless people?) emanating for the Lone Star State.

And no, Trump would not be welcome at my funeral either. Nor would texdave... or whatever his name is... :roll:

MikeDrop

Tue May 15, 2018 10:57 pm

salttee wrote:
........Russia which is and always has been our enemy (with a thousand nukes pointed our way)

Well, it seems that President Obama disagrees with you. LOL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

salttee

Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 pm

That was two years before the Russian invasion of Ukraine and four years before Russian interference with our elections. Different political landscape.Back then even I was willing to suspend my disbelief, and i am no fan of Russia.

BTW
Your LOL reminds me that you are nothing but a troll.

alfa164

Wed May 16, 2018 2:04 am

salttee wrote:
That was two years before the Russian invasion of Ukraine and four years before Russian interference with our elections. Different political landscape.Back then even I was willing to suspend my disbelief, and i am no fan of Russia.
BTW

Let's see... he joined 3 week ago... just to stir the pot... with inflammatory and unsupported posts.

That looks like a Russian troll... collecting a few rubles per post... ;)

MikeDrop

Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 am

alfa164 wrote:
salttee wrote:
BTW

Let's see... he joined 3 week ago... just to stir the pot... with inflammatory and unsupported posts.

That looks like a Russian troll... collecting a few rubles per post... ;)

Oh my god you make me laugh! Do you even read what you write? Seriously - I posted a video of President Obama lecturing Mitt Romney that Russia is not a threat, in response to a post that claimed Russia has always been our enemy, and you call it an, and I quote, "inflammatory and unsupported post..." Then you call me a Russian troll.

It ACTUALLY happened - President Obama said that. It was considered one of the major points he made during the debate, Mitt Romney never recovered. In 4 short years under President Obama Russia went from "not a threat" according to him, to now, according to posters on this forum - Russia is the enemy and is pointing 1000's of nukes at us right now.

Yet somehow Trump is to blame and I'm a Russian Troll.

Laughable

LMP737

Wed May 16, 2018 11:12 pm

slider wrote:

I know reading this requires more effort than parroting whatever you hear on talk radio but you should really try.

http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/investi ... PT%203.pdf

GDB

Thu May 17, 2018 3:21 pm

The Forrestal accident is well known outside of the USN, indeed in the a recent documentary series on the working up and sea trials of HMS Queen Elizabeth, it still features 50 years later in training in aircraft operations on carriers, no doubt even more true of the USN itself.
So the facts are well known, therefore the clowns on here trying to blame McCain are either very ignorant/plain stupid, or outright liars.
Well that's the Trump 'base' pretty much covered isn't it.
I preferred a time when most cranks in the USA were obsessed with UFO's.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Fri May 18, 2018 2:29 am

GDB wrote:
The Forrestal accident is well known outside of the USN, indeed in the a recent documentary series on the working up and sea trials of HMS Queen Elizabeth, it still features 50 years later in training in aircraft operations on carriers, no doubt even more true of the USN itself.
So the facts are well known, therefore the clowns on here trying to blame McCain are either very ignorant/plain stupid, or outright liars.

:checkmark: :checkmark: Well said, that is the type of base he loves, and they love him. Enough said!!!

LMP737

Fri May 18, 2018 2:39 pm

GDB wrote:

When I went through damage control training in the Navy the video was required viewing. Eye opening to say the least.

GDB wrote:

That it does.

GDB wrote:

As do I. At least you've got an ocean separating you from them. Ha Ha.

jordanh

Tue May 22, 2018 3:17 am

salttee wrote:

They are probably the same person... :roll:

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2018 3:49 am

https://www.alternet.org/story/95825/i_ ... red_button

This man who wrote this is another American Hero to me. He is obviously not a big fan of John McCain personally, but he does respect his war experience and how he endured imprisonment and returned with Honor as they all did. I just watched a special about John McCain and watched the reaction to our Draft Dodging Presidents comments about John McCain. The most common was " How can this guy who never served have the nerve to criticize an American Hero" I certainly agree and that is why he will not be welcome when John McCain passes away. I find those words despicable myself.

MikeDrop

Wed May 23, 2018 4:03 pm

jordanh wrote:
salttee wrote:

They are probably the same person... :roll:

Incorrect I'm not familiar with that user, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that he/she/it was also called a racist bigot for simply disagreeing with some of the trolls on this forum.

salttee

Wed May 23, 2018 5:59 pm

No difference at all.