WarRI1
Topic Author

Trump not welcome at Sen. McCain's Funeral

Mon May 07, 2018 12:29 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mccain-does- ... 54862.html

A sad commentary on the character of this man who is President and who has criticized a true American Hero, John McCain. Sen. John McCain now says he does not want him to attend his funeral. I agree with Sen McCain who I admire very much. I understand what he did and suffered for this country. Some obviously do not.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

texdravid

Re: Trump not welcome at Sen. McCain's Funeral

Mon May 07, 2018 1:30 am

I have no problem with that. Bitter enemies. Trump went low and dirty on McCain on campaign trail.

On a separate note, there are really three McCains:

Spoiled son and grandson of Navy admirals, who graduated last in his class and crashed a whole bunch of jets.

War hero and POW and showed immense resolve and courage in captivity.

Vain, spineless, media loving turncoat to Republican Party who ran a terrible campaign and is the biggest holier than thou in politics. Part of the “Keating 5” scandal.

As he is near death, I will choose to remember the POW McCain and consider him a hero and forget the rest.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

salttee

Mon May 07, 2018 1:46 am

But you didn't forget the rest, you just listed the rest.

Please tell us about that "whole bunch of jets".

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon May 07, 2018 2:00 am

All of that, but in his finest hour, he was a Hero. It was his finest hours as an American Military Hero that tRumps tried to sully. I find that I have no respect for anyone who did not go through what he and many other American Military Hero's have and still are classless enough to levy ridicule on those who have. This is what mystifies me about those on the Right supporting this coward who had bone spurs and ducked out of serving and who also is the spoiled Son of a Rich Man. John McCain's Father was also serving this country, while the Father of tRumps was making millions. I find that I am not surprised that you could not compliment without ridicule. It is the way of the Right.

What John McCain did is not fake news, no matter what the draft dodger likes to say. That 58K died, thousands maimed and millions served is not fake news. For you to speak of John McCain crashing jets while this Buffoon dodged is a travesty. You try to fly one. I suggest you watch the film of John McCain being captured and beaten and think of who you are constantly defending, another son of wealth. While John McCain did his duty as an American Aviator and citizen, tRumps was trying to get wealthy and screwing around being a Playboy.. Compare all of John McCain's faults against the big mouths and tRumps will come up wanting by a mile. Something is wrong in this country morally when those who defend us suffer ridicule, while those who were Cowards are valued and praised by the so called party of Patriots. That is the Modern Republican Party and that is damn sad and twisted.

910A

Mon May 07, 2018 3:24 am

salttee wrote:

I believe the total is five planes lost.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/06 ... aviator6/3

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon May 07, 2018 4:05 am

As I read the comments in the article, John McCain had a pair of balls, just the kind of man who becomes a Hero many times. Not many men go through what he did and lives to tell about it. The stuff of military legend, a man losing 5 aircraft ? and capture by an enemy, enduring torture and wounds which maimed him, refusing special treatment because of his Father's position. Early release? Now let us look at tRumps military record. Hmmmn! Can any one find any records, I cannot? I know there is an exemption from the military because of his wealthy Father and bone spurs. I guess those bone spurs healed, because I do not notice any limping or other affects from them. Certainly nothing which affects his hundreds of rounds of golf. Now John McCain can not play golf unless he does it one handed. That would not really surprise me if he did play with one hand, a mans man is John McCain.

salttee

Mon May 07, 2018 4:30 am

910A wrote:
salttee wrote:

That article tells about two, the time he was parked on the deck of the Forrestal and was hit by the Zuni and the time he was shot down by a sam. In neither of those cases did he "lose" a jet, they were shot out from under him.

Then the story alludes to a VT-7.

So far I see one that he might have lost.

DLFREEBIRD

Mon May 07, 2018 4:41 am

McCain only made one mistake that i'm aware of selecting Sarah Palin as his running partner. He should of just selected his wife.

The comment about him graduating last in your class, say what you will but he did graduate, which means he not a quitter. Usually those who struggle in school give up. I can't fault him for not giving up. At war he went through hell and came back a better man. I feel badly for his family, having to see him struggle like this.

IMO he's a national treasure. It's his funeral and he should be able to invite who ever he wants.

mmo

Mon May 07, 2018 5:16 am

texdravid wrote:
I have no problem with that. Bitter enemies. Trump went low and dirty on McCain on campaign trail.

On a separate note, there are really three McCains:

Spoiled son and grandson of Navy admirals, who graduated last in his class and crashed a whole bunch of jets.

Vain, spineless, media loving turncoat to Republican Party who ran a terrible campaign and is the biggest holier than thou in politics. Part of the “Keating 5” scandal.

As he is near death, I will choose to remember the POW McCain and consider him a hero and forget the rest.

I think you might need to retract your comments. Your "whole bunch of jets" comment is, to put it mildly, FAKE NEWS. I would put in the category of BS.

https://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccai ... e-crashes/
If we weren't all crazy we'd all go insane!

Dutchy

Mon May 07, 2018 6:26 am

Understandable, you can't continue to insult people and expect them not to react. Three well-known events Trump is/was not welcome: funeral of mrs Bush, the wedding of the Brittish prince, funeral o McCain.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

tommy1808

Mon May 07, 2018 6:54 am

Dutchy wrote:
Understandable, you can't continue to insult people and expect them not to react. Three well-known events Trump is/was not welcome: funeral of mrs Bush, the wedding of the Brittish prince, funeral o McCain.

+ the private parts of a dozen+ women.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

einsteinboricua

Mon May 07, 2018 11:42 am

Dutchy wrote:
funeral of mrs Bush,

Granted, it's become tradition for the sitting president to not attend funerals for former FLOTUS. Obama didn't attend Nancy Reagan's funeral, and I'm certain Nancy held no grudges against Obama (or Obama against Nancy for that matter) so it would have been acceptable for him to be there without issue.

So, even if Mrs. Bush 1 didn't want Trump at her funeral, it's likely he wouldn't have gone anyway (whether by choice or by custom).

That being said, I liked how conservatives heads exploded when Obama sat out Nancy Reagan's funeral but praised Trump for sitting our Mrs Bush 1's funeral. Irony at its finest.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Dutchy

Mon May 07, 2018 12:45 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
funeral of mrs Bush,

Granted, it's become tradition for the sitting president to not attend funerals for former FLOTUS. Obama didn't attend Nancy Reagan's funeral, and I'm certain Nancy held no grudges against Obama (or Obama against Nancy for that matter) so it would have been acceptable for him to be there without issue.

So, even if Mrs. Bush 1 didn't want Trump at her funeral, it's likely he wouldn't have gone anyway (whether by choice or by custom).

That being said, I liked how conservatives heads exploded when Obama sat out Nancy Reagan's funeral but praised Trump for sitting our Mrs Bush 1's funeral. Irony at its finest.

I stand corrected, thanks for the info.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

zkojq

Mon May 07, 2018 1:40 pm

What's Mr McCain's prognosis?

I don't agree with him a lot politically, but I have an enormous amount of respect for him. Hope he recovers from his surgery.
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG

Channex757

Mon May 07, 2018 2:15 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
funeral of mrs Bush,

They were friends.

Say what you want about Nancy Reagan, but she was one of the old guard Republicans who could reach across to people civilly. Barack Obama and particularly Michelle Obama sought the counsel of Mrs Reagan, although she was quite unwell by then.

Barbara Bush....probably the ultimate Social Justice Warrior. No wonder Dump was unwelcome even though she was the wife of a President and the mother of another.

bagoldex

Mon May 07, 2018 2:30 pm

zkojq wrote:
What's Mr McCain's prognosis? .

I think it was 12-18 months from the time of diagnosis.

910A

Mon May 07, 2018 5:15 pm

salttee wrote:
910A wrote:
salttee wrote:

That article tells about two, the time he was parked on the deck of the Forrestal and was hit by the Zuni and the time he was shot down by a sam. In neither of those cases did he "lose" a jet, they were shot out from under him.

Then the story alludes to a VT-7.

So far I see one that he might have lost.

#1 - John McCain was training in his AD-6 Skyraider on an overcast Texas morning in 1960 when he slammed into Corpus Christi Bay and sheared the skin off his plane's wings.

McCain recounted the accident decades later in his autobiography. "The engine quit while I was practicing landings," he wrote. But an investigation board at the Naval Aviation Safety Center found no evidence of engine failure.

#2 - In his most serious lapse, McCain was "clowning" around in a Skyraider over southern Spain about December 1961 and flew into electrical wires, causing a blackout, according to McCain's own account as well as those of naval officers and enlistees aboard the carrier Intrepid.

#3 - In another incident, in 1965, McCain crashed a T-2 trainer jet in Virginia. (Ran out of fuel as I recalled coming back from a Army-Navy Game)

#4 - After McCain was sent to Vietnam, his plane was destroyed in an explosion on the deck of an aircraft carrier in 1967. (The next day he left for R&R in Australia. After R&R he was reassigned to PR duties in Saigon.)

#5 - Three months later, he was shot down during a bombing mission over Hanoi and taken prisoner. (In his book Faith of My Fathers, he admitted he was not paying full attention, he also stated “I did not enjoy the reputation of a serious pilot or an up-and-coming junior officer.” )

When I was in the service during the Vietnam era, In the US military, for a pilot to crash one plane (outside a war zone) was pushing it. To crash two often resulted in an official investigation to determine if he should be taken off flight status. How McCain got away with crashing two airplanes and smashing power lines in Spain was a mystery, was he given the benefit of doubt over other pilots that had crashed, was it due to his family connections?

On a personal note, when I was working on my Master's, I had an instructor (senior officer, later a Arizona State Senator) that also was shot down over North Vietnam and spend seven years as a POW in the Hanoi Inn. He provided insight on some of McCain treatment as a POW.

Anyways I apologize for the incorrect link. Apparently I posted the link to the last page of the article. This should be the correct link http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/06 ... a-aviator6. Here is another link from Zalin Grant who served as a officer in Army Intelligence in Vietnam and later returned as a correspondent for Time and for The New Republic. http://www.pythiapress.com/wartales/McC ... otdown.htm

After living in Arizona since 1994, this is my view - McCain is much more popular with Democrats than he is with Republicans. His voting record on veterans issues is weak. In election years he always goes further to the right, but after election day he comes back closer to the center.

salttee

Mon May 07, 2018 5:38 pm

mmo brought a detailed history in post 9.

I'm no McCain fan, but it is out of order to place any blame on him for the Forrestal incident or the fact that he was brought down by a SAM in combat. Also, your #2 (his most serious lapse) describes an incident where there was no loss of the plane, so that didn't fit in with the five plane accusation from texdravid.

He seems to be the exact kind of guy the navy was looking for back then; my reasons for not being a fan of his have nothing to do with his flying abilities.

GDB

Mon May 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Hasn't McCain himself admitted that as a young man, he was reckless, somewhat spoiled and likely who his father was did have a bearing on his 'exploits' in his early naval career.
But as stated, it had no bearing on the Zuni accident, nor was it at all uncommon to say the least, to be shot down over one the most dangerous SAM and AAA environments, certainly in any combat zone, in 1967.
CAP or no CAP, you had to keep an eye out for MiG's too.

However McCain matured, no doubt his experiences as a POW had some bearing on this, as well as the fact that most adults do.

So what's Trump's excuse, for being a spoiled, thin skinned, bullying (so naturally a coward too, even without the draft dodging), sex pest, all his life.
A Bullshitting, racist, throwing both business partners and others helping him, under the bus, his whole life.

aviationaware

Mon May 07, 2018 7:05 pm

texdravid wrote:

No he did not. He broke like a twig and talked like a waterfall.

I do not condemn this. I think being a POW is terrible and when in the hands of a barbaric regime, nobody can blame anyone for doing everything to prevent being tortured in gruelling ways.

But that does not make everyone who has ever been a POW a "war hero". We are a bit loose with the word "hero". The guy who gave his life jumping on a grenade to save his comrades, that was a true hero.

McCain is a pitiable soul who has all my sympathy for what he went through in those years. America paid him back dearly by elevating him to a status that he would never have attained on his own ability.

Now he is publicly planning his own funeral by inviting and uninviting specific people. That's utterly classless. Any decent person would just have put that into his testament and been done with it. I am pretty sure Trump doesn't even want to be at his funeral. But by publicly uninviting Trump, McCain has given a final low blow. He managed to end his life in the gutter. Congrats.

wingman

Mon May 07, 2018 7:08 pm

I beg to differ. Assuming that McCain will get a funeral with full military honors, it would be disgraceful for a known coward and draft dodger to soil the honor of the deceased and those present by attending the event. It's bad enough to have a maggot like Trump be the CINC, but no former service person with a shred of dignity or respect for military service would invite a cowardly scumbag like Trump to his or her own funeral. The man should be barred from sacred ground.

I see Trump walking around with that stupid shit-eating on his face and I wonder where the bone spurs went. That's when I know he's a true POS. He and Cheney, pure filth.

skyservice_330

Mon May 07, 2018 7:39 pm

aviationaware wrote:
He broke like a twig and talked like a waterfall.

How long were you a POW for? Was it at the front or back end of your service?

mmo

Mon May 07, 2018 7:39 pm

aviationaware wrote:
[

I do not condemn this. I think being a POW is terrible and when in the hands of a barbaric regime, nobody can blame anyone for doing everything to prevent being tortured in gruelling ways.

Were you there? Did you spend time at the Hanoi Hilton? If not, I think you might refrain from making the type of responses you have made.

Then you have the audacity to justify your remarks by saying "no one can blame anyone..."

Were you ever in the military? I'd be interested to know based on your comments. However, my hunch is you have not been in the military.

Look up the concept of "Unlimited Liability" and then come back and make the same comments about heros. As far as I am concerned, anyone who joins the military is a hero.
If we weren't all crazy we'd all go insane!

texdravid

Mon May 07, 2018 7:58 pm

aviationaware wrote:
texdravid wrote:

But that does not make everyone who has ever been a POW a "war hero". We are a bit loose with the word "hero". The guy who gave his life jumping on a grenade to save his comrades, that was a true hero.

McCain is a pitiable soul who has all my sympathy for what he went through in those years. America paid him back dearly by elevating him to a status that he would never have attained on his own ability.

Now he is publicly planning his own funeral by inviting and uninviting specific people. That's utterly classless. Any decent person would just have put that into his testament and been done with it. I am pretty sure Trump doesn't even want to be at his funeral. But by publicly uninviting Trump, McCain has given a final low blow. He managed to end his life in the gutter. Congrats.

Well the John McCain in Vietnam was a spoiled brat and klutz and got advanced simply due to his Grandfather and Father’s nepotism and favoritism.

But he did suffer and chose not to be freed earlier. He has my respect for those years.

However, where he should be condemned is his behavior as a senator. He was corrupt and should have had the decency and strength to just switch parties over two decades ago. Never a team player and always portrayed himself “above politics”. Finally he never met a war he didn’t like. Economically he was clueless.

What he says now about Palin is simply a cheap shot. For all her numerous faults and idiocy, she was and remains loyal to McCain and has never bad mouthed him. So his unilateral condemnation of Palin is unfortunate.

But at the end of the day, will I go out of my way to blast him like Obama? No. At the end of life I’ll simply pull my punches and let the guy go.

MikeDrop

Mon May 07, 2018 8:08 pm

texdravid wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Well the John McCain in Vietnam was a spoiled brat and klutz and got advanced simply due to his Grandfather and Father’s nepotism and favoritism.

But he did suffer and chose not to be freed earlier. He has my respect for those years.

However, where he should be condemned is his behavior as a senator. He was corrupt and should have had the decency and strength to just switch parties over two decades ago. Never a team player and always portrayed himself “above politics”. Finally he never met a war he didn’t like. Economically he was clueless.

What he says now about Palin is simply a cheap shot. For all her numerous faults and idiocy, she was and remains loyal to McCain and has never bad mouthed him. So his unilateral condemnation of Palin is unfortunate.

But at the end of the day, will I go out of my way to blast him like Obama? No. At the end of life I’ll simply pull my punches and let the guy go.

I disagree. He campaigned against ObamaCare and then voted to keep it in place. He turned his back on those who voted for him. He was part of the Keating 5 - a stain on his reputation that will last forever. Finally, he colluded with British and Russian spies to unethically influence the 2016 presidential election by participating in the publication of the salacious and false Steele Dossier.

Hes a crook and a traitor, and he will die in infamy.

910A

Mon May 07, 2018 9:27 pm

salttee wrote:
mmo brought a detailed history in post 9.

I'm no McCain fan, but it is out of order to place any blame on him for the Forrestal incident or the fact that he was brought down by a SAM in combat. Also, your #2 (his most serious lapse) describes an incident where there was no loss of the plane, so that didn't fit in with the five plane accusation from texdravid.

He seems to be the exact kind of guy the navy was looking for back then; my reasons for not being a fan of his have nothing to do with his flying abilities.

You didn't read the second link..McCain was not brought down by a SAM.

By his own admission, then, McCain failed to follow instructions in combat. He did not try to evade the missile. Moreover, the pilots who were flying near him, one of them with a handheld camera, said he was not hit by a SAM. He had flown too low and was brought down by a barrage of antiaircraft fire. Since a SAM exploded in a bright orange fireball visible for miles around, it was unlikely that they had called it wrong. And since official navy records listed John McCain as downed by AAA fire, they were puzzled by why he later insisted in his political campaigns that it was a SAM.

jetwet1

Mon May 07, 2018 9:55 pm

This thread is amazing, known D posters defending a Republican Senator from the attacks of known R posters on this site.....It really does show what a cluster F the Republican party has turned into.

To the topic at hand, I am among the many that do not agree with all his political views, but he and ANYONE who survived the Hanoi Hilton deserve the respect of this nation.

salttee

Mon May 07, 2018 9:57 pm

Mox nix to me, SAM or AA. What's the difference?
I'm not about to second guess someone's actions when they were under fire in combat unless it's something really egregious. I know that aggressive military pilots fly lower than the book calls for. But from what I understand that's the kind of guy they wanted in Vietnam. Fighter/attack pilots are supposed to be aggressive. That's why the Germans left 100 holes in the ground in the 60s and 70s littered with 104 parts.

What's the point of this hair splitting? You can't call him a coward, so you want to attack him for being bold?
I don't like the guy, but I'm not going to take cheap shots at him like this.

stl07

Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
This thread is amazing, known D posters defending a Republican Senator from the attacks of known R posters on this site.....It really does show what a cluster F the Republican party has turned into.

To the topic at hand, I am among the many that do not agree with all his political views, but he and ANYONE who survived the Hanoi Hilton deserve the respect of this nation.

And it's funny that people are calling him classless for not inviting him when Trump has said so many bad things about him. You don't invite your enemies to your funeral.

stl07

Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 pm

jetwet1 wrote:

Nope, A Democrat winning Alabama with the support of one of the few normal repubs-flake, etc (that I usually agree with) showed that.

MaverickM11

Mon May 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Hopefully Palin loses the invite or gets lost in her trailer park
texdravid wrote:

Doesn’t stop you from worshipping trump
E pur si muove -Galileo

texdravid

Mon May 07, 2018 11:03 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Hopefully Palin loses the invite or gets lost in her trailer park
texdravid wrote:

Doesn’t stop you from worshipping trump

As I have said many times before, I simply tolerate Trump. I’m a Ted Cruz fan. I’m a hard, hard ultra right conservative. Trump is no conservative, he is a populist demagogue.

However he tortures liberals and leftists and illegal aliens and prevents idiot Pelosi and the Islamist Keith Ellison from getting power so he is best described as a bulwark against the communist and La Raza and Islamist apocalypses.

windy95

Mon May 07, 2018 11:48 pm

I would not go to McCains funeral......
non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam

jpetekyxmd80

Mon May 07, 2018 11:50 pm

texdravid wrote:
I’m a hard, hard ultra right conservative.

What the hell does this even mean? Ive lost track.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2018 12:43 am

jetwet1 wrote:

It is amazing as you say. I think the replies show some have the ability to disregard Sen McCain's politics and realize he did his duty, he served his country, he paid a terrible price while captured, he is maimed, he survived and he admitted that he gave in to torture as most all do. Yet he refused early release. This was not John Wayne, this was an ordinary man, suffering for years along with many others who died, were captured, were maimed and disfigured. We owe this man for what he did along with millions more. It shows some have class and some do not on here. Let the man go with honor, not insults like this cowardly Buffoon we have for a President used against him. Anyone who cannot refrain from those insults should go to Arlington and many other places and reflect on what so many have done for us. I have always considered them all Hero's, those who lived and those who did not. A Cowards way to insult the brave among us.

CCGPV

Tue May 08, 2018 12:52 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Well, most political scientists would describe that as an authoritarian-fascist type belief system
Stay curious

MikeDrop

Tue May 08, 2018 1:13 am

WarRI1 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:

It is amazing as you say. I think the replies show some have the ability to disregard Sen McCain's politics and realize he did his duty, he served his country, he paid a terrible price while captured, he is maimed, he survived and he admitted that he gave in to torture as most all do. Yet he refused early release. This was not John Wayne, this was an ordinary man, suffering for years along with many others who died, were captured, were maimed and disfigured. We owe this man for what he did along with millions more. It shows some have class and some do not on here. Let the man go with honor, not insults like this cowardly Buffoon we have for a President used against him. Anyone who cannot refrain from those insults should go to Arlington and many other places and reflect on what so many have done for us. I have always considered them all Hero's, those who lived and those who did not. A Cowards way to insult the brave among us.

My oh my how times have changed. I don't seem to remember the fine members of this forum defending this so called hero in October of 2008 when Rep John Lewis compared him to George Wallace.

"Civil rights icon and Georgia congressman John Lewis is accusing John McCain and Sarah Palin of stoking hate, likening the atmosphere at Republican campaign events to those featuring George Wallace, the segregationist former governor of Alabama and presidential candidate. McCain's campaign has responded with a statement in the candidate's name, urging Barack Obama to repudiate Lewis's comments."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathan ... te-content

Seems to me that the only reason why the left likes him today is because he lied to his constituents and voted to save ObamaCare and colluded with the British and Russians to attack Trump.

Its hilarious...Really, it is...

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 1:15 am

CCGPV wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Well, most political scientists would describe that as an authoritarian-fascist type belief system

Hardly. That more describes current liberalism which is completely authoritarian, illiberal and an abomination to freedom.

Try again.

jpetekyxmd80

Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 am

What the hell are you rambling on about?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

seb146

Tue May 08, 2018 1:23 am

texdravid wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

Hardly. That more describes current liberalism which is completely authoritarian, illiberal and an abomination to freedom.

Try again.

One side wants a nation where everyone can worship as they please, love as they please, and live as they please. The other side is the Republican party.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

MikeDrop

Tue May 08, 2018 1:46 am

seb146 wrote:
texdravid wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Try again.

One side wants a nation where everyone can worship as they please, love as they please, and live as they please. The other side is the Republican party.

Laughable! here is some real news for you:

"Trump Appoints First Openly Gay Ambassador to His Administration: On an 11-10 vote, the Foreign Relations Committee recommended that the full Senate consider Richard Grenell to be the U.S. ambassador in Berlin, according to the Associated Press. Grenell is not a stranger to politics. He served as a U.S. spokesman at the United Nations during President George W. Bush's administration, a Republican strategist who worked for Senator John McCain during his 2000 presidential campaign and has appeared as a foreign affairs commentator on Fox News."

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-appoints- ... ion-694294

The real question is WHY did 10 democrats vote against this openly gay Republican? He worked of Sen McCain...

Oh, and guess who administered his oath? You guessed it - Mike Pence... https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pence-s ... d=54919563

"With Ambassador Grenell leading our diplomatic mission to Germany, we're going to confront shared challenges, seize our shared opportunities, and work together to build a shared future with our allies and friends in Germany,
" Pence said.

Mike Drop

CCGPV

Tue May 08, 2018 1:46 am

texdravid wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

Try again.

Yes, liberalism is completely liberal.

I'm outraged!!!
Stay curious

CCGPV

Tue May 08, 2018 1:47 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

He's making outrageous statements in order to stir up outrage among people who actually believe in things they post about. Its beautiful.
Stay curious

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

Cannot respond in any meaningful shape or form so this is your response. Duly noted.

Pot meet kettle. I’m just getting warmed up my friend.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 am

MikeDrop wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:

My oh my how times have changed. I don't seem to remember the fine members of this forum defending this so called hero in October of 2008 when Rep John Lewis compared him to George Wallace.

"Civil rights icon and Georgia congressman John Lewis is accusing John McCain and Sarah Palin of stoking hate, likening the atmosphere at Republican campaign events to those featuring George Wallace, the segregationist former governor of Alabama and presidential candidate. McCain's campaign has responded with a statement in the candidate's name, urging Barack Obama to repudiate Lewis's comments."

Seems to me that the only reason why the left likes him today is because he lied to his constituents and voted to save ObamaCare and colluded with the British and Russians to attack Trump.

Well if you can find one word of insult, lack of respect or any other word from me calling John McCain anything but a Hero, I will kiss your ass. More far right bullshit as usual. :butthead:

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 3:23 am

seb146 wrote:
texdravid wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Try again.

One side wants their due right to have arms, to be free of government intrusion into their economic and religious lives, have the right to raise their children they way they see fit, and not be mandated or taxed onto oblivion. To be free of jack booted government like California or New York.

The other side is the abhorrent thieves of the Democrat party. The party of feminist nazis, illegal aliens, and militant unions.

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 3:25 am

CCGPV wrote:
texdravid wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Try again.

Yes, liberalism is completely liberal.

I'm outraged!!!

No it’s ill-liberal. Try again with your fake outrage.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2018 3:26 am

texdravid wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

Cannot respond in any meaningful shape or form so this is your response. Duly noted.

We have seen many like you before, you guys come and go, and the rational are still here on the site. What do you think you gain?

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 3:29 am

WarRI1 wrote:
texdravid wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

We have seen many like you before, you guys come and go, and the rational are still here on the site. What do you think you gain?

And we have seen many like you for the past 20 years, the oh so brave leftist liberals who like a WTO convention gather around and preen their so called moral stances and throw rhetorical wheelhouses at the few conservatives who brave to be In your liberal bastion of A.net.

I have been here 14 years and ain’t going anywhere. The only way you can win is by censuring my beliefs.
The only way a liberal can EVER win. Rational? You? Thanks for the laugh.

Good luck. You’ll need it.

texdravid

Tue May 08, 2018 3:32 am

MikeDrop wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Well if you can find one word of insult, lack of respect or any other word from me calling John McCain anything but a Hero, I will kiss your ass. More far right bullshit as usual. :butthead:

Not "far right bullshit" - Its an honest observation. The left vilified McCain when when was running against Obama - called him a racist. Now he's a hero.

We can differ on opinions, and I respect yours.

But for me, when I found out that McCain collaborated with Christopher Steele and the Russians who he worked with (spies from 2 separate foreign powers) to create and push the fake "Steele Dossier" in order to influence the 2016 election he forfeited any respect as a hero, from me at least.

Awesome post, Mike. But don’t hold your breath. You may gently disagree or respect them but these liberals are at war. So I’m at war. That’s the only way.