Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RetroRoo
Topic Author

Miss Vanjie... Drag Race Thread

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 am

*Spoilers ahead*

It might be shady to suggest there's more than likely a few drag race fans among the members here.

Let's be honest, an interest in aviation and an interest in drag are two circles of a Venn diagram that frequently intersect.

So! I thought it would be a good idea for RuPaul's Drag Race fans here to get together and spill some tea every Thursday (or Friday if you're west of the date line).

Miss... Vanjie...

Any predictions? Faves? Iconic me-me's you might wish to share from what is turning out to be a pretty fabulous season 10 of our itty bitty TV and cultural phenomenon?

scbriml

Re: Miss Vanjie... Drag Race Thread

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 am

I really enjoy a good drag race.

What? Oh...

stlgph

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:41 pm

I guess I'm a bad gay. I've never seen one episode of the show and don't care to. I've met RuPaul a few times and all he likes to do in closed doors is talk about how stupid the gays are and how they'll buy into anything.

Hmm. Imagine that.

seb146

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:27 pm

I love the show. It is so silly and over the top. I think Eureka will probably make it to top three. They are probably going to keep Miz Cracker and Aquaria around just for the show. Snatch Game is still to come too!

CCGPV

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 am

I don't watch the show but I'm a big fan of Nelson Sullivan's catalogue of videos from the late 1980's documenting RuPaul, the Pyramid Club and the Club Kids in NYC. He's got some great footage of all the OG's. Lahoma, Ru, Michael Alig and my personal favorites the Peek Sisters from Georgia.

einsteinboricua

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:41 am

The only thing I like about RPDR is the Snatch Game. Everything else is just meh...after All Stars 2, I got turned off...not that I was a big fan of it anyway.

CitizenJustin

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:32 pm

CCGPV wrote:
I don't watch the show but I'm a big fan of Nelson Sullivan's catalogue of videos from the late 1980's documenting RuPaul, the Pyramid Club and the Club Kids in NYC. He's got some great footage of all the OG's. Lahoma, Ru, Michael Alig and my personal favorites the Peek Sisters from Georgia.

Wow, I never thought I’d find a fan of his videos on A.NET. They are a real treasure and capture a moment in time that’s long since passed.

CitizenJustin

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:35 pm

stlgph wrote:
I guess I'm a bad gay. I've never seen one episode of the show and don't care to. I've met RuPaul a few times and all he likes to do in closed doors is talk about how stupid the gays are and how they'll buy into anything.

Hmm. Imagine that.

Are you serious? For someone who goes on about gay pride, family and love I find it hard to believe this. I’ve heard a few random things about Ru, but this? Say it ain’t so.

CitizenJustin

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:40 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
The only thing I like about RPDR is the Snatch Game. Everything else is just meh...after All Stars 2, I got turned off...not that I was a big fan of it anyway.

All Stars 2 was not enjoyable and turned me off. Alaska’s behavior is what did it for me.

CitizenJustin

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:46 pm

seb146 wrote:
I love the show. It is so silly and over the top. I think Eureka will probably make it to top three. They are probably going to keep Miz Cracker and Aquaria around just for the show. Snatch Game is still to come too!

Eureka has truly persevered, despite her setback and what she’s dealing with. I wish her the best of luck.

seb146

Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:16 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

Next week!! I wonder when The Vixen will be eliminated?

Didn't AS2 have Roxxxy Andrews and Detox? I was disappointed when it went down to them and Alaska. The only reason I watched the final was because I had made it that far, may as well finish it.

RetroRoo
Topic Author

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:51 am

I think the Vixen is a real contender, and so it Eureka, and Monique, and Aquaria and and ...

.. pretty much all of them are contenders. This is an *exceptionally* good season and a marked change from AS3 (and I'm a Trixie fanatic).

I think I'm rooting for Eureka, my other faves just aren't cutting it with their runway looks (Monique, Monet, Vixen). Sorry 'bout it.

Also! **SPOILER**
I know she lost the lip sync fair and square, but that girl is not the worst of the bunch. Not by a long shot. How Cameron keeps progressing despite one lacklustre look after another, I'll never know. Maybe a victory over very low expectations? She needs to go home.

seb146

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:06 am

RetroRoo wrote:
I think the Vixen is a real contender, and so it Eureka, and Monique, and Aquaria and and ...

.. pretty much all of them are contenders. This is an *exceptionally* good season and a marked change from AS3 (and I'm a Trixie fanatic).

I think I'm rooting for Eureka, my other faves just aren't cutting it with their runway looks (Monique, Monet, Vixen). Sorry 'bout it.

Also! **SPOILER**
I know she lost the lip sync fair and square, but that girl is not the worst of the bunch. Not by a long shot. How Cameron keeps progressing despite one lacklustre look after another, I'll never know. Maybe a victory over very low expectations? She needs to go home.

Cameron reminds me a little of Chad Michaels. And, didn't Cameron audition for Pit Crew first? Maybe she dated/is dating one of the other Pit Crew?

Speaking of Pit Crew: I thought it was a shame they did not teach him to shontay or sashay. He does not know how to walk in heels, poor boy....

santi319

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 am

I think its funny, but if its not on streaming like Hulu or Netflix, I cant be bothered.

To be honest I never expected it to be this big but good for the drag community..

777222LR

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:27 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Hmm. Imagine that.

Are you serious? For someone who goes on about gay pride, family and love I find it hard to believe this. I’ve heard a few random things about Ru, but this? Say it ain’t so.

I am also a bad gay. I don't watch it. Doh!

RetroRoo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:26 am

777222LR wrote:

Ladies, just because you're gay doesn't mean you have to watch drag race, and it also doesn't make you a bad gay if you don't either.

Now...

777222LR

Tue May 01, 2018 11:28 am

RetroRoo wrote:
777222LR wrote:

Ladies, just because you're gay doesn't mean you have to watch drag race, and it also doesn't make you a bad gay if you don't either.

Now...

LOL, I know. :-) I love me a good "Golden Girls" or "Designing Women" episode, though. #redeemed

einsteinboricua

Tue May 01, 2018 11:40 am

777222LR wrote:
LOL, I know. :-) I love me a good "Golden Girls" or "Designing Women" episode, though. #redeemed

I guess I'm redeeming myself as well by bingewatching Golden Girls on Hulu. :mrgreen:

stlgph

Wed May 02, 2018 4:44 pm

777222LR wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Hmm. Imagine that.

well come sit next to me.

CitizenJustin

Wed May 02, 2018 5:52 pm

stlgph wrote:
777222LR wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

A.net member drag race marathon night!

stlgph

Wed May 02, 2018 5:54 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
stlgph wrote:
777222LR wrote:

A.net member drag race marathon night!

well, why the F not?
i'm in new york city. come on down.

stlgph

Wed May 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Email me if you're down

Phantasticflyer@gmail.com

seb146

Fri May 11, 2018 7:04 am

Cher: The Unauthorized Rusical was okay. When Eureka did her number, I had flashbacks. Long story I can try to edit if anyone is interested. I am not ashamed to tell it to my mother, so it is not "that" kind of story. For the runway, who did Aquaria look like? From a few seasons ago. First eliminated. I can not remember her name but she wore the same thing and Aquaria was not read for it!

shamrock350

Sun May 13, 2018 12:38 am

I'm enjoying this season a lot! Watch it on Netflix every Friday night.

Ru seems slightly more interested and involved, there have been seasons where it feels like she's just going through the motions and collecting that paycheque but this year has been fun. Loved the Monet, Asia, Vixen and Monique group that formed in the workroom, that produced some of the funniest moments in years for me.

As for who's left, really like Miz Cracker and think she deserves a win at this point. Asia is fun and Aqauria is okay, Kameron has kind of sailed through but is apparently a bit of a lipsync assassin and judging by her social media that could be true! I can't stand Eureka, she's a good queen but I find her fake and very, very unlikable. I'd hate it if she wins but I see it happening.

RCS763AV

Thu May 17, 2018 4:57 am

I'm glad the Vixen is gone! So toxic and so annoying!

Of the remaining queens, Miz Cracker is funny, Kameron is quiet but nice, Eureka is a blast and Acquaria is so stylish! The others aren't really there for me. Who will be the top 4?

seb146

Fri May 18, 2018 6:01 am

Oh, gurl.... That lip sync, tho... The brosband just kept saying "Eureka is going. She is not very good. I don't like her. Eureka is going...." I think Cameron will leave on her own. I don't think she will be sashayed away.

continental004

Tue May 22, 2018 7:15 pm

I guess I’m a bad gay too; I’ve never watched Drag Race and so far I couldn’t be bothered.

Meanwhile the Real Housewives are my not-so-guilty pleasure and Sex and the City is one of my all time favorite scripted series...

RetroRoo
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2018 11:27 pm

continental004 wrote:
I guess I’m a bad gay too

Literally no one is saying that if you don't watch drag race you're a bad gay.

seb146

Fri May 25, 2018 6:43 am

Make-over episode!!! Did anyone else see the resemblance with Cynthia Lee Fontaine or Kelly Mantle?

seb146

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:29 am

I am surprised this thread did not come back. The finale was last week. I had a hell of a time watching it. I have Drag Race set on my DVR to record all new episodes. It did not record. I thought it would be on the VH1 app on Roku. But, Spectrum does not support it. I made several phone calls to Spectrum customer service to get this fixed. It has been an ongoing problem for me. Not just with Drag Race, but some other shows. I better not miss the last Adventure Time shows!

But, I digress. I finally had to watch the crowning of the latest queen on my phone. I was all for Eureka, but I knew, on the second lip sync, she would not win. I am glad the Kelly Mantle look alike didn't win.

Explain the butterfly thing to me. I didn't get it. I think Asia O'Hara was going for Sasha Velour but it didn't work.