Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

northstardc4m
Topic Author

9 Dead, rundown by vehicle in Toronto

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:14 pm

9 dead, 16 injuries. Busy area of the city I've been to many times. All indications are it is a deliberate act, suspect arrested.

Yonge from Finch south through Sheppard is involved. https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.763193,- ... a=!5m1!1e1

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-p ... sc=WFXRoEm

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... h-toronto/

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/04/23/n ... nge-finch/
Last edited by northstardc4m on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CCGPV

Re: 9 Dead, rundown by vehicle in Toronto

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:33 pm

We need to have better background checks when people rent vans.

Okie

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:49 pm

CCGPV wrote:

Just outlaw "Fully Automatic Assault Vans of Peace" :wink2:

Okie

ltbewr

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:34 pm

Allegedly the 25 year old driver's name is Alek Minassian, (per a Twitter post by USA's CBS news) one that some id as Armenian. I wonder if the driver was trying to attack immigrants in general or perhaps Muslims? Allegedly he has some history with the police. Of course, especially with a number of vehicle attacks like near NYC's WTC area last year, the first assumption of many was this was a Militant Islamic attack.
No matter the perverted reasoning of the alleged attacker, 9 people are dead and 16 significantly injured, their and/or their families' lives ruined.

jalarner

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:33 am

Updated to 10 :worried: . Incredible restraint by the arresting officer... you should be easily able to find a YouTube or news clip of it.

EstherLouise

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 am

So he is pissed that women turn down his advances. He seems to think that makes him less of a man. Bigly. So he concludes, "In order to punish those women, I'll rent a van and plow down random people." OK. Yeah. Go with that. The world will completely understand your logic (and horniness).

DarkSnowyNight

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:46 am

EstherLouise wrote:
So he is pissed that women turn down his advances. He seems to think that makes him less of a man. Bigly. So he concludes, "In order to punish those women, I'll rent a van and plow down random people." OK. Yeah. Go with that. The world will completely understand your logic (and horniness).

I remember when men were real men... back in the day when you wanted to impress a woman, you'd go shoot the president or something.

Kiwirob

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:05 am

i
jalarner wrote:
Updated to 10 :worried: . Incredible restraint by the arresting officer... you should be easily able to find a YouTube or news clip of it.

Not really restraint, it’s how police are supposed to act and for the most part do act, in first world countries accept America this is the norm.

meecrob

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:25 am

EstherLouise wrote:

Is that honestly the reason? If so, that blows my mind. I was a few blocks from it when it happened and we had no information (not that i feel I have a right to cops telling me what happened as opposed to...well cops being cops and taking care of the situation since that's their job. They have no obligation to give updates when they are too busy trying to arrest this guy)...we all thought it was a terrorist, not someone who couldn't get their dick wet (excuse my French). We were all sitting there trying to figure out what Canada did to piss people off; trying to figure out why someone would attack "downtown" North York instead of somewhere like Bay street. I'd make a Celine Dion joke here, but WOW. I remember living in a world where you could walk down the street and not have to fear for your life. We are setting up a fund for the victim's families. I don't want to pressure anybody, but if you are as upset as I am about this horrible situation, please contact me through PM if you would like to donate. I can honestly say this is the most cowardly thing I have seen in my 33 years of life on this planet. I know I will never walk those streets again without seeing the blood on the sidewalk.

meecrob

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:40 am

Kiwirob wrote:
i
jalarner wrote:

Not really restraint, it’s how police are supposed to act and for the most part do act, in first world countries accept America this is the norm.

I respectfully disagree. People are dead and injured...this isn't the time to be like "LOL Amerikkka/United $tates is stupid!" This is my back yard and to be quite honest we are not having a discussion about if American cops are assholes or not. I'm going to go into work tomorrow and I know that someone I know has a friend or an acquaintance that was murdered today. You would be pissed if people said Australia and New Zealand are the same thing...Canada and the US are different places and you are smart enough to know that. People are grieving now. Take your politics to one of the millions of political threads on this website.

mcogator

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 am

meecrob wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

Is that honestly the reason? If so, that blows my mind. I was a few blocks from it when it happened and we had no information (not that i feel I have a right to cops telling me what happened as opposed to...well cops being cops and taking care of the situation since that's their job. They have no obligation to give updates when they are too busy trying to arrest this guy)...we all thought it was a terrorist, not someone who couldn't get their dick wet (excuse my French). We were all sitting there trying to figure out what Canada did to piss people off; trying to figure out why someone would attack "downtown" North York instead of somewhere like Bay street. I'd make a Celine Dion joke here, but WOW. I remember living in a world where you could walk down the street and not have to fear for your life. We are setting up a fund for the victim's families. I don't want to pressure anybody, but if you are as upset as I am about this horrible situation, please contact me through PM if you would like to donate. I can honestly say this is the most cowardly thing I have seen in my 33 years of life on this planet. I know I will never walk those streets again without seeing the blood on the sidewalk.

I'm not trying to single you out, but why not just come out and say, we thought he was a "Muslim"? The same act committed by a Muslim would be an act of terrorism, no matter if he was a lone wolf or not, and no matter if he had mental issues, or not. Now that we know he is a Christian, hes just a deranged man.

meecrob

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:12 am

I understand what you are getting at and please let me just say that I am a bit shaken by the events and maybe my English is suffering from it. I never mentioned race, I never mentioned religion. To me this is just some crazy guy that for his own reasons went a did something that is universally accepted as "not cool." If I came across as trying to point my finger at a race or religion, please accept my apologies because that was not my intent. What I was trying to say was all of us thought this was an act of terrorism as opposed to some person who flipped out cuz he couldn't get a date with a woman. Terrorists are all colours. I'm a white guy and, hey..look at what the Irish did a few decades ago. Terrorism isn't based on race or religion. Every race and every religion has terrorists. We were honestly worried that maybe there were more than one person committing these acts...we didn't care what colour they were, we just didn't want to be the next victim. I don't know where you live, so please understand I'm trying to say this delicately, but if I don't say it correctly, please accept my apologies. Toronto is a very multi-cultural city and unless you are a total douchebag, you can't judge people based on the colour of their skin here. There are every colour of people who speak better English than I do and its my first language. Its their second or third. You just grow up with people of all colours here and you stop seeing colour. Everyone is just people. We did not know if it was a co-ordinated terrorist attack or a person who just snapped. The fact that this person's reason for doing what they did was a chick didn't go out with him is what blows my mind. I don't think you are trying to bust my balls, I think that I just didn't explain myself correctly. I still totally get where you are coming from.I would feel the same as I do now if the person was black, white, purple, a gorilla, a giraffe who somehow can fit in a van...anything...A human being was pushed so far they committed this act. I don't agree with their reasoning, but I in no way want to single out a race or religion. It sounds like this individual was just unstable and could not control their actions.

Edited to add: Sorry this is how shaken up I am, I said I don't know where you live, but your name on here is MCOGator. I feel like an idiot.

Kiwirob

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 am

meecrob wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
i
jalarner wrote:

I respectfully disagree. People are dead and injured...this isn't the time to be like "LOL Amerikkka/United $tates is stupid!" This is my back yard and to be quite honest we are not having a discussion about if American cops are assholes or not. I'm going to go into work tomorrow and I know that someone I know has a friend or an acquaintance that was murdered today. You would be pissed if people said Australia and New Zealand are the same thing...Canada and the US are different places and you are smart enough to know that. People are grieving now. Take your politics to one of the millions of political threads on this website.

So you don't think the officer did the correct thing? I happen to think he did, arresting the guy is a far better outcome than shooting him dead, if you don't then you have a problem.

mad99

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:45 am

CCGPV wrote:

Funny. The latest mass shooting in the usa doesn’t get a thread. 4 killed not a big deal apparently

BartSimpson

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 am

CCGPV wrote:

And then - do you honestly think that this will prevent anything? My hometown just went through the same tragedy just two weeks ago. The driver used his own camper van.

My thoughts are with the people in Toronto.

Aesma

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:39 am

CCGPV : the Nice attack was made using a large truck (don't know the exact definition) and now more checks are made before renting them out. Subsequent attacks in Barcelona, the US, and this one, have been made with vans, which are much easier to rent, and of course changing that would be difficult, although you never know, a lot of info can be attached to a driver license.

ChrisKen

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:49 am

Aesma wrote:
CCGPV : the Nice attack was made using a large truck (don't know the exact definition) and now more checks are made before renting them out.

19 tonne

Kiwirob

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Aesma wrote:
CCGPV : the Nice attack was made using a large truck (don't know the exact definition) and now more checks are made before renting them out. Subsequent attacks in Barcelona, the US, and this one, have been made with vans, which are much easier to rent, and of course changing that would be difficult, although you never know, a lot of info can be attached to a driver license.

Checking would be pointless, nasty people with ill intent on there minds would either buy one or steal one.

Tugger

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Checking would be pointless, nasty people with ill intent on there minds would either buy one or steal one.

Which is fine. The idea is to put up barriers. Ones that still allow normal use and action by people but make it harder for bad outcomes. No law ever removes all bad outcomes but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist (people seem to love to throw that idea there).

A figurative example is barriers on roads, they don't prevent all incidents or injuries but they help prevent and reduce such things from happening.

Tugg

CCGPV

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm

mad99 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Funny. The latest mass shooting in the usa doesn’t get a thread. 4 killed not a big deal apparently

Because its not really a big deal. Its a big deal to the family but things like that happen every day across the world. Sometimes its a car accident that takes a whole family, sometimes its an accident at a job site, sometimes its a slip and fall at a pool and sometimes its a crazy person shooting people.

Is it really worth losing our minds over isolated incidents like this that effects .00001% of the population? Is it worth all the anger, the ill will, the political and social upheaval because of a couple crazy individuals? If not guns, its going to be a truck. When its not a truck its a couple meat cleavers. And when that fails just push people into the tracks just before the train arrives. Nutjobs are always going to find a way to be jerks.

CCGPV

Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Aesma wrote:

That was a pretty large truck. What sort of checks do they do now? What is stopping another crazy person without a criminal record from doing it?

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 pm

mad99 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

The shooter was white so just another NRA responsible gun owner

CCGPV wrote:

You're right. We should do away with curbs, let anyone drive without a license, insurance, and registration...in fact let's get rid of roads and let people drive anywhere they want because sidewalks are car-free zones that leave pedestrians as sitting ducks. And then we can stop studying car deaths and coming up with ways to reduce injury/death because it infringes on the auto industry's freedom, and then we'll all be really super extra safe. Brilliant.

seb146

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Aesma wrote:

So you regularly give your keys and alcohol to any random 9 year old? Because they are going to find a way to get a car or truck and drink anyway, right?

seb146

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
meecrob wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
i

So you don't think the officer did the correct thing? I happen to think he did, arresting the guy is a far better outcome than shooting him dead, if you don't then you have a problem.

wow... so much wrong with this sentence I don't even know where to begin.....

Let's just run down the list of unarmed black people who were shot dead because they should have known better and it was not a problem then....

#alllivesmatter

JJJ

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:07 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
mad99 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

The shooter was white so just another NRA responsible gun owner

He had his guns taken away..... and got them back.

scbriml

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:30 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
You're right. We should do away with curbs, let anyone drive without a license, insurance, and registration...in fact let's get rid of roads and let people drive anywhere they want because sidewalks are car-free zones that leave pedestrians as sitting ducks. And then we can stop studying car deaths and coming up with ways to reduce injury/death because it infringes on the auto industry's freedom, and then we'll all be really super extra safe. Brilliant.

You'd also have to create the National Vehicle Association who would bankroll numerous politicians and campaign tirelessly for people's vehicular rights. Whenever there's a vehicle accident, they'd immediately call for more vehicles because that will solve the problem of overcrowded roads.

jalarner

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 pm

meecrob wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
i
jalarner wrote:

Your backyard... and we can say the house next door for me. I go by this area weekly, and know many people who literally work within 5 minutes walk from where this happened.

I never said anything about America or anyone else or mentioned politics at all. I said this knowing cops in and around Toronto...that the arresting officer was under very intense pressure and resulted in an arrest, when even a shooting would not have been unreasonable giving the situation (self defense).

WildcatYXU

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:01 pm

seb146 wrote:

Let's just run down the list of unarmed black people who were shot dead because they should have known better and it was not a problem then....

#alllivesmatter

So what's exactly wrong with Kiwirob's sentence? Would you mind to elaborate?

Brick

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:17 pm

What's with all of the America bashing in this thread? This happened in Canada and has nothing to do with the United States, guns, or the NRA.

CCGPV

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Brick wrote:
What's with all of the America bashing in this thread? This happened in Canada and has nothing to do with the United States, guns, or the NRA.

They're going to come up with a way to blame the USA somehow so why not get right to the point?

It wasn't a Muslim attacker so the next best thing is blaming white American men. No talk of regulating rentals, no marches in the street for this one.

SheikhDjibouti

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:55 pm

scbriml wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

You'd also have to create the National Vehicle Association who would bankroll numerous politicians and campaign tirelessly for people's vehicular rights. Whenever there's a vehicle accident, they'd immediately call for more vehicles because that will solve the problem of overcrowded roads.

Here's a catchy logo to go with that thought.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van, is a good guy with a van."

On second thoughts, that just sounds too ridiculous....... :roll:

meecrob

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:23 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
meecrob wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
i

So we agree. I believe that person who committed this atrocity needed to be arrested. I even made mention of that in a previous post saying I had no info, but I know the reason I did not have any information was because the cops were too busy arresting this person as opposed to telling me what happened. I still don't see why its relevant you have to make fun of the USA when people are dead. In Canada. Not the USA. You are older than me. Act your age.

CCGPV

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:54 pm

meecrob wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
meecrob wrote:

So we agree. I believe that person who committed this atrocity needed to be arrested. I even made mention of that in a previous post saying I had no info, but I know the reason I did not have any information was because the cops were too busy arresting this person as opposed to telling me what happened. I still don't see why its relevant you have to make fun of the USA when people are dead. In Canada. Not the USA. You are older than me. Act your age.

He uses every opportunity to deride the USA regardless of the topic at hand. Go through his posting history and you'll see it littered with anti-American sentiment fro the get go.

meecrob

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:27 am

CCGPV wrote:
mad99 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Because its not really a big deal. Its a big deal to the family but things like that happen every day across the world. Sometimes its a car accident that takes a whole family, sometimes its an accident at a job site, sometimes its a slip and fall at a pool and sometimes its a crazy person shooting people.

Is it really worth losing our minds over isolated incidents like this that effects .00001% of the population? Is it worth all the anger, the ill will, the political and social upheaval because of a couple crazy individuals? If not guns, its going to be a truck. When its not a truck its a couple meat cleavers. And when that fails just push people into the tracks just before the train arrives. Nutjobs are always going to find a way to be jerks.

I disagree with you on almost everything, but there is a core of truth to what you said. I know personally the only reason I'm posting in this thread is because this event affected people who know people I know. "Nutjobs are always going to find a way to be jerks" 100% truth right there.

seb146

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:44 am

WildcatYXU wrote:
seb146 wrote:

#alllivesmatter

When a black man is shot and killed by police for driving legally or walking down the street, he had it coming but when a white guy is taken into custody, presumably without incident, after a mass murder, he is a lone wolf, psychological problems and we should all feel sorry for him. Because "all lives matter."

meecrob

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 am

seb146 wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
seb146 wrote:

#alllivesmatter

When a black man is shot and killed by police for driving legally or walking down the street, he had it coming but when a white guy is taken into custody, presumably without incident, after a mass murder, he is a lone wolf, psychological problems and we should all feel sorry for him. Because "all lives matter."

I cannot believe that I have had to say multiple times in this thread that this has nothing to do with race. People who were living 48 hours ago are dead. How does it matter what pigment their skin has? A total jerk killed people. This thread has shown me racism exists. Can we please just talk about humans without talking about their skin colour? A total jerk murdered people. That's it. It wasn't a person of X race...it was a horrific act that any human being could perpetrate...thankfully most of us aren't as unstable as the alleged person who did this. As upset as I am, I know the legal system needs to run its course so I cannot even blame the person who most likely did this because they need to be judged by our legal system. Its 2018, not BC 2018, I thought humans were more civilized than what I am reading in this thread.

seb146

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:54 am

meecrob wrote:
seb146 wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:

I cannot believe that I have had to say multiple times in this thread that this has nothing to do with race.

It does to white, right wing Americans.

meecrob

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 am

Yeah, but we aren't white right wing Americans. Can we just discuss the fact that people just like you and me were alive two days ago and now they are dead. This isn't politics, this is a horrible situation. The only thing more disgusting than the person who committed murder is people trying to attach a race or a political agenda to it. Please accept that this isn't an opportunity to put down American conservatives. There are too many threads in Non-Aviation discussing how conservatives are..Please chime in on those threads. People are dead and all you see is an opportunity to say American conservatives are crappy people? Have some respect. This is Canada not the USA for the second time and people are grieving. I read your posts, you are bigger than this.

EDIT: sorry Seb, I was harsh. I'm going to leave my post because it addresses the fact that people are not with us anymore and Canada is not the US, but I apologize for talking with fury to you. I realize you were probably making a joke. I hope we are on the same page and I just misunderstood you. I've read your posts for years and whether I agree with you or not, I always respected you and I feel that this situation has made me mad and I am taking it out on people like you. For that, I apologize.

Jouhou

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:35 am

Why are we not discussing the incel community? Denizens of the internet have been warning for years that the incel community has been showing signs of radicalization not unlike the kind of radicalization that happens with jihadis.

meecrob

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:53 am

jalarner wrote:
meecrob wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
i

Your backyard... and we can say the house next door for me. I go by this area weekly, and know many people who literally work within 5 minutes walk from where this happened.

I never said anything about America or anyone else or mentioned politics at all. I said this knowing cops in and around Toronto...that the arresting officer was under very intense pressure and resulted in an arrest, when even a shooting would not have been unreasonable giving the situation (self defense).

Sorry jalarner, I was replying to Kiwirob...your post got stuck in there. I did not mean to try to make myself sound more important than you because I was close to there...hey maybe we see eachother everyday but we don't know it. I dunno if you smoke, but if you do then you have definitely seen me on break if you are north of North York Centre Station. The world is crazy that way. To everyone, I know I am being emotional and I am sorry for it. I went to work today and there was an empty desk 3 desks over from mine. It hit home for me so please understand that I'm just trying to accept what happened, not be some warrior striving for justice...I'm a human like the rest of you and there is a hole in my heart now for the victims and their families.

Jouhou

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 am

Also I just checked r9k, they seem to be disavowing this guy as a newfag (pardon my 4chanese) that may have migrated over after Reddit banned r/incel. Basically, r9k invented incels, but they don't call themselves that and only former redditors do.

Kiwirob

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Tugger wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Which is fine. The idea is to put up barriers. Ones that still allow normal use and action by people but make it harder for bad outcomes. No law ever removes all bad outcomes but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist (people seem to love to throw that idea there).

A figurative example is barriers on roads, they don't prevent all incidents or injuries but they help prevent and reduce such things from happening.

Tugg

Is the cost of istalling these barrier going to be worth it considering the limited numbers of people killed by terrorists using vehicles as a weapon? The only people who this would benefit are the companies making and installing the barriers.

Kiwirob

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 pm

Brick wrote:

There was a gun involved, the man with the gun showed that a policeman can do an effective job and control the situation without shooting someone.

cledaybuck

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:25 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Maybe you should need a license to get a gun, like driving a car. :stirthepot:

cledaybuck

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
i
jalarner wrote:

I think you mean except.

skyservice_330

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:47 pm

This thread, including the deleted posts from yesterday, is a sad testament to the priorities of some....

They are yearning for him to be of Middle Eastern decent, to have a Middle Eastern sounding name, or to be a Muslim - so it fulfills their perverse narrative that Muslims cannot be trusted.
They are yearning for him to be right-leaning, white male - so it fulfills their perverse narrative around left/right politics
They are yearning for him to use a gun - so it fulfills their perverse narrative around gun control
They are yearning for him to have used something other than a gun - so it fulfills their perverse narrative around gun rights.

All the while, 10 people are dead, 15 are injured, and a young unarmed man with apparent connections to the 'incel' community was taken down with limited force by a hero cop in less than one minute.

Toronto is mourning, Canada is suffering another large loss of life in less than a month, families are destroyed - and the entire thing is gleefully made into fodder for the culture wars of the United States.

seb146

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:38 pm

meecrob wrote:
Yeah, but we aren't white right wing Americans. Can we just discuss the fact that people just like you and me were alive two days ago and now they are dead. This isn't politics, this is a horrible situation. The only thing more disgusting than the person who committed murder is people trying to attach a race or a political agenda to it. Please accept that this isn't an opportunity to put down American conservatives. There are too many threads in Non-Aviation discussing how conservatives are..Please chime in on those threads. People are dead and all you see is an opportunity to say American conservatives are crappy people? Have some respect. This is Canada not the USA for the second time and people are grieving. I read your posts, you are bigger than this.

EDIT: sorry Seb, I was harsh. I'm going to leave my post because it addresses the fact that people are not with us anymore and Canada is not the US, but I apologize for talking with fury to you. I realize you were probably making a joke. I hope we are on the same page and I just misunderstood you. I've read your posts for years and whether I agree with you or not, I always respected you and I feel that this situation has made me mad and I am taking it out on people like you. For that, I apologize.

No worries. You have every right to be angry. Ten are dead. No need for apologies.

CCGPV

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
meecrob wrote:

No worries. You have every right to be angry. Ten are dead. No need for apologies.

Yes. The only thing to blame in all of this, in all massacres, is the perpetrator of the crime. Doesn't matter the race, gender, religion or method of action. The person is to blame.

skyservice_330

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:37 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Yes. The only thing to blame in all of this, in all massacres, is the perpetrator of the crime. Doesn't matter the race, gender, religion or method of action. The person is to blame.

Amen

MaverickM11

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Also I just checked r9k, they seem to be disavowing this guy as a newfag (pardon my 4chanese) that may have migrated over after Reddit banned r/incel. Basically, r9k invented incels, but they don't call themselves that and only former redditors do.

The guy should go on tour with Milo and Ben Shapiro to universities to call feminists ugly fat chicks. He'd fit right in.

skyservice_330 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Amen

Sounds nice, but it's important to understand why this happens and if there are patterns, and there usually are. It's (almost always) a disaffected, young male, and if we can figure out why they are disaffected, we have a better shot at preventing the next incident.