Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KICT
Topic Author

CNN: Barbara Bush Dead at 92

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 pm

May she rest in peace. She was a wonderful woman.

Cadet985

Re: CNN: Barbara Bush Dead at 92

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:07 am

May she Rest In Peace, and May G-d help the family through this time.

This has not been a good week to be famous...Barbara Bush, Harry Anderson, R. Lee Ermey...

Marc

EA CO AS

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:16 am

Rest in peace, Mrs. Bush. You cemented your family's name in the history books, and did a damn fine job representing our nation.

KICT
Topic Author

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:24 am

My favorite quote of hers, among many: “At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.”
What a wonderful life she led. A redwood among sprouts.

Ken777

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:56 am

RIP for an extraordinary Lady, First Lady and President's Mother.n. She is only the second woman to be both married to a President and the Mother of a President. And she was the perfect wife for George HW. She let him achieve all that he did and was supporting him all the way. What a woman and what a couple. Regardless of your political positions you should be taking both pride in her life and sadness of her family's loss.

Georgetown

Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:54 am

Really a tough loss; but wow what a life well lived! A lioness in every respect. She’ll be missed.

SmithAir747

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:33 am

RIP to Barbara Bush, a true American Queen.

SmithAir747

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:59 pm

KICT wrote:
My favorite quote of hers, among many: “At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.”
What a wonderful life she led. A redwood among sprouts.

A very good quote. One we can all remember.

RIP.

Ken777

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:07 pm

There was an impressive note on Barbara & George. The two of them together raised over a Billion dollars after they left the White House. Some efforts, like George & Bill Clinton joining together for major International crisis (where they became good friends) but the Billion Dollar achievement stands as an achievement that will be hard to match.

texdravid

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:50 am

What an amazing life!
She was the last of the great First Ladies of the US.

Rosalyn Carter: husband was a terrible president but she was excellent.
Nancy Reagan: husband was a great president but she was prone to meddling and had bad relationships with her kids.
Barbara Bush: Strong matriarch and mother/wife. The 73 year old marriage between her and GHWB was real and true love.
Hillary Clinton: criminal, narcissist, arrogant, and greedy. She should be in jail. An abhorrent idiot.
Laura Bush: Nice but milquetoast.
Michelle Obama: Virulent White hating racist, arrogant queen demeanor.
Melania Trump: marriage of convenience and gold digger shacking up with an abomination

Mrs. Bush, You will be missed.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 am

texdravid wrote:
What an amazing life!

Nancy Reagan: husband was a great president but she was prone to meddling and had bad relationships with her kids.
Barbara Bush: Strong matriarch and mother/wife. The 73 year old marriage between her and GHWB was real and true love.
Hillary Clinton: criminal, narcissist, arrogant, and greedy. She should be in jail. An abhorrent idiot.
Melania Trump: marriage of convenience and gold digger shacking up with an abomination

i'm embarrassed for ya. how can anybody view woman the way you do.

Rosalyn Carter: wit, grace and southern charm
Nancy Reagan: fiercest protector of her husband.
Barbara Bush: Grit and Grace
Hillary Clinton: Wonder woman, just ahead of her time
Laura Bush: She stood by her man
Michelle Obama: Leader in heels who wasn't afraid to speak her mind
Melania Trump: peacemaker

2122M

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

texdravid wrote:
What an amazing life!

You know, this was a really nice thread full of people from across the political spectrum showing a bit of respect to the deceased.

Then you show up with this garbage. Proof beyond all doubt you have zero class. You should be ashamed.

CitizenJustin

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 am

texdravid wrote:
What an amazing life!

You don’t give a damn if Barbara died, you’re just using her death as an excuse to bash other First Ladies. No one wishes to hear your classless and highly misinformed opinions of these strong, impactful women, who’ve changed many lives for the better.

It’s truly shameful and disrespectful to use Barbara’s death like that.

texdravid

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:11 pm

I’m not ashamed in the least. I’m simply pointing out Barbara Bush’s great qualities and how Michelle and Hillary fall short.

In addition, look how I praised Rosalyn Carter! And I will further praise Lady Bird Johnson. So alas, your complaints fall short.

Furthermore, I distinctly remember the terrible things said about Nancy Reagan when she died.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ijr.com/20 ... death/amp/

Care to go back and remember that?

CCGPV

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:20 pm

texdravid wrote:
What an amazing life!

Well, tell us what you really think.

Some people on this forum think you should go to jail for what you just wrote on the internet.

casinterest

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:21 pm

texdravid wrote:
I’m not ashamed in the least. I’m simply pointing out Barbara Bush’s great qualities and how Michelle and Hillary fall short.

In addition, look how I praised Rosalyn Carter! And I will further praise Lady Bird Johnson. So alas, your complaints fall short.

Furthermore, I distinctly remember the terrible things said about Nancy Reagan when she died.

Your post was pathetic and full of bad taste. You don't use a thread to honor one person to trash others.
The fact that you aren't ashamed speaks volumes about your lack of tact and character.

texdravid

Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Go to jail for expressing a comment?
Gee I didn’t know I was in North Korea or Stalinist Russia!

Your threats to my freedom of speech are downright Orwellian.

Another thing, please stop with your outraged howls about decency when you and other liberals (who outnumber me 20-30:1 on these boards ) trash conservatives, religious people, rural Americans and republicans 24 hours a day.

No what you and others want is the unrestrained ability to spout only leftist and communist and democrat party views with no challenges from others who may disagree.

Your cries of decency!!!! thus fall on deaf ears. If you trash my beliefs and values don’t be surprised if I respond, sir.

So, I don’t have to praise Hillary or Michelle. So sorry. And I still remain the only one to criticize both Nancy Reagan and Hillary. And I’m the unfair one?

casinterest

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:02 pm

texdravid wrote:
Go to jail for expressing a comment?
Gee I didn’t know I was in North Korea or Stalinist Russia!

Another thing, please stop with your outraged howls about decency when you and other liberals (who outnumber me 20-30:1 on these boards ) trash conservatives, religious people, rural Americans and republicans 24 hours a day.

No what you and others want is the unrestrained ability to spout only leftist and communist and democrat party views with no challenges from others who may disagree.

Your cries of decency!!!! thus fall on deaf ears. If you trash my beliefs and values don’t be surprised if I respond, sir.

So, I don’t have to praise Hillary or Michelle. So sorry. And I still remain the only one to criticize both Nancy Reagan and Hillary. And I’m the unfair one?

Your posts show your lack of class and tact far more than deleting them ever will. I hope the mods leave these threads up for years so folks will know what you are .

texdravid

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:16 pm

I hope it remains too. It shows I didn’t cower to the liberal orthodoxy, argued with facts uncomfortable with liberals and demonstrated that opinions outside the liberal point of view exist. All that remains of your responses are threats to my freedom and somehow trying to shame me.

You really don’t read my arguments, you really just want to silence all non liberal thoughts or thoughts different from yours and in fact want to criminalize them!! I mean seriously people?

I feel sorry for you and your frightening worldview. I’ll let you have the last word to follow...

casinterest

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 pm

texdravid wrote:
I hope it remains too. It shows I didn’t cower to the liberal orthodoxy, argued with facts uncomfortable with liberals and demonstrated that opinions outside the liberal point of view exist.

You really don’t read my arguments, you really just want to silence all non liberal thoughts or thoughts different from yours and in fact want to criminalize them!! I mean seriously people?

I feel sorry for you and your frightening worldview. I’ll let you have the last word to follow...

My last word is this. You are a sad sadistic coward for ruining a thread about the death of one historical figure. So take your worldview, and go to hell with it. Nothing of this thread is about the "worldview". You are not a conservative, a man, or a decent human being. Good luck finding some humanity in your remaining days so that others may remember you for more than your lack of humanity.

texdravid

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Thanks again for your “kind words” and confirming your radical totalitarianism of thought. You’re Not strong or brave. Beating up on me in a forum full of like minded leftists makes you the coward.

You lost and lost big because a simple debate has caused you and your ilk to lose their minds and threaten death violence and damning me to hell because of one simple fact:

You lost an argument and became unhinged to the point of violence. I see your frustrations! Congratulations!

2122M

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:37 pm

texdravid wrote:

No one is threatening anyone or anything. Your freedom of speech does not protect you from being called out on your BS.

texdravid wrote:

What I think you are not understanding is that the "outraged howls" have very little to do with what you said, and everything to do with the forum in which you said them. This was, for all intents and purposes, an online memorial for a recently deceased public figure, and you wasted no time in turning it into your soapbox for saying truly nasty things about people you disagree with politically. You want to start a thread about Hillary being a criminal? Go for it. Be sure to bring all the proof that years of republican led investigations couldn't seem to find. You want to start a thread about how Michele Obama is racist? Best of luck to you, but we all expect to see some anti-white quotes from her. But if you want to comment on this thread you really should consider being just respectful for once.

casinterest

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:42 pm

texdravid wrote:
Thanks again for your “kind words” and confirming your radical totalitarianism of thought. You’re Not strong or brave. Beating up on me in a forum full of like minded leftists makes you the coward.

You lost and lost big because a simple debate has caused you and your ilk to lose their minds and threaten death violence and damning me to hell because of one simple fact:

You lost an argument and became unhinged to the point of violence. I see your frustrations! Congratulations!

You can't even properly operate the reply button. This thread was not a debate. Perhaps you should restart from the beginning. You turned it into one with a lack of class and complete ignorance bent by racism and intolerance. You are not being damned to hell by the rest of us, but rather by your actions

Aesma

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 pm

I was a kid at the time so I can't say I know anything about her, but I see on wikipedia that during the lost campaign she said abortion and homosexuality should be kept out of politics, good on her.

LMP737

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 pm

texdravid wrote:
What an amazing life!

Amazing how some people can take a somber subject matter and use it to repeat the vitriol they hear on talk radio.

Jetsgo

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Notice only texdravid is being condemned, yet DLFREEBIRD got a free pass because his view is conforming.

casinterest

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:45 am

Jetsgo wrote:
Notice only texdravid is being condemned, yet DLFREEBIRD got a free pass because his view is conforming.

What was wrong with his post? His was a response to the garbage posted by texrdavid, and in much better taste?

Please quote what should be condemned.

Airstud

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 am

Jetsgo wrote:
DLFREEBIRD got a free pass because his

DLFREEBIRD is a girl.

KICT
Topic Author

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:46 am

MaverickM11

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Probably a super dumb question I will instantly regret asking, but what is Roger Stone's beef with Barbara Bush??

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -right-now

CCGPV

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:37 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Probably a super dumb question I will instantly regret asking, but what is Roger Stone's beef with Barbara Bush??

He doesn't really have a beef with her. He just said it to get in the news. He's a professional political provocateur.

petertenthije

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:42 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:

The original quote was given to infowars. They just like to stir the pot to get click bait. Nothing good has ever come from that site, and I doubt anything good will ever come from that site.

RyanairGuru

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:02 am

Jetsgo wrote:

No, it’s because DLFREEBIRD said something respectful about every First Lady regardless of Patty affiliation.

Flighty

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:08 am

texdravid wrote:

How do you know?! Maybe Barbara Bush is directly responsible for 1/2 million innocent deaths, mostly women and children, in Iraq.

My guess is she regretted giving birth to George W. If not, she can burn in hell.

Georgetown

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:45 am

This thread got really depressing really quickly. Mods can we lock this up? Or at least separate the Barbara Bush memorial thread from the playpen it became? Makes this community look atrociously narcissistic - on both ends of the political spectrum!

DLFREEBIRD

Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:42 am

Jetsgo wrote:
i'm a her. and I have my own ideas and thoughts.

DIRECTFLT

Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:50 pm

The Lefists here are the first to call others on the board out with judgements about their character.

In any debate, civil or otherwise, character assassination of other voices is the Leftists stock and trade.

First and foremost, silence all opposing voices by any means necessary, with sanctimonious declarations.

The forum is full of Leftists personal attacks and slights carefully to be just under the moderation threshold for censure.

So, today there was a very moving Funeral for Barbara Bush televised on the Networks.

If you chose to not watch, then the shame is on you.

Even CBS was able to set aside all politics, to give respectful coverage to this moving event.

CCGPV

Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Georgetown wrote:
This thread got really depressing really quickly. Mods can we lock this up? Or at least separate the Barbara Bush memorial thread from the playpen it became? Makes this community look atrociously narcissistic - on both ends of the political spectrum!

"I don't like what people say so can we silence their speech please."

Georgetown

Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:15 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Georgetown wrote:

"I don't like what people say so can we silence their speech please."

Uh no, that’s not it at all. I agree with a percentage of what’s being said here, but there is a time, place and appropriate forum. This turned into a handful of individuals insulting each other completely off the topic at hand. Race to the bottom.

727LOVER

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:21 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

I had to work, shame on me ! :roll:

Speaking of shame,...where was the CURRENT US President?

Although, I can't imagine the Bush family would even want him there

DIRECTFLT

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:08 pm

727LOVER wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I had to work, shame on me ! :roll:

Speaking of shame,...where was the CURRENT US President?

Although, I can't imagine the Bush family would even want him there

1) You had to work... you did not choose to not watch. You get up off of the floor. or better yet, you like it there, so don't get up...

2) It is not protocol for a sitting President to attend former first lady funerals.

3) The Bush family is quite large, did you poll the entire family if they wanted him there?
Wouldn't matter... see # 2)

727LOVER

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 pm

I just went back and read the ENTIRE thread. WHERE did anyone say they weren't going to watch in protest?

bgm

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:11 pm

727LOVER wrote:
I just went back and read the ENTIRE thread. WHERE did anyone say they weren't going to watch in protest?

alternative facts in action... perhaps Kellyanne Conartist is lurking on a.net?

seb146

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 am

This is my first peek in on this thread and I am not surprised. I did not watch her service because I do not watch funeral services on TV. Whitney Houston is the only exception. She was a huge part of my life growing up. I did not know Whitney personally, but I felt very strongly about her.

As with any human, there were good things about Barbara Bush and bad things about her. In the end, she was surrounded by family and her family was given support from everywhere.

I am also surprised at this site's (non) reaction to Melania Trump.

CCGPV

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:06 am

seb146 wrote:

What happened? I doubt many people here watched.

seb146

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:13 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

There was a picture taken of George HW Bush with the former presidents and first ladies who attended, including Melania. Who was smiling. She and Obama were pictured talking and laughing. A thread about a memorial to a former first lady is not really the time and place, but if I was away from TOM, I would be smiling and laughing too. But, I'm not one to gossip, so you didn't hear that from me.....

CCGPV

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:57 am

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

There was a picture taken of George HW Bush with the former presidents and first ladies who attended, including Melania. Who was smiling. She and Obama were pictured talking and laughing. A thread about a memorial to a former first lady is not really the time and place, but if I was away from TOM, I would be smiling and laughing too. But, I'm not one to gossip, so you didn't hear that from me.....

I don't know if you've been to a funeral before but there's all sorts of different emotions floating around. Some funerals are somber and traditional. Some are lively and fun. Talking about funny or unique moments in life can bring out humor even in the most sad situations. It sounds like it wasn't reported on because everyone realized these things hence its a non-story.

WarRI1

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:02 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

I don't know if you've been to a funeral before but there's all sorts of different emotions floating around. Some funerals are somber and traditional. Some are lively and fun. Talking about funny or unique moments in life can bring out humor even in the most sad situations. It sounds like it wasn't reported on because everyone realized these things hence its a non-story.

I watched off and on and I am glad we on here could at least keep politics out of such as a funeral. The picture? A good idea for them to pose for one as an example of being able to put politics aside for a 92 year old Mother, no matter who she is.

CCGPV

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:25 am

WarRI1 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I watched off and on and I am glad we on here could at least keep politics out of such as a funeral. The picture? A good idea for them to pose for one as an example of being able to put politics aside for a 92 year old Mother, no matter who she is.

The thing about Washington (and everywhere really) is that its insulated from everyone. Politicians in Washington, all of them, know each other and their families and are cordial with them. Even the big rivals know and respect each other on basic levels when working with them directly: its all very polite and orderly even in the most tense of situations. The stories of card games, dinners and oddball relationships go back to the foundation and its still happening.

Trump is a little different but believe me he makes the rounds socially in DC and is close to all the "boogymen" he derides. Its all part of the game.

Go to the congressional and park yourself on the road next to a fairway and you'll see all sorts of interesting combinations of people playing together that you'd never imagine.

seb146

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:28 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

And, normally, it would be a non story. I have never seen Melania smiling. Especially when she is near TOM. Just an observation....