KICT
Topic Author
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:16 pm

CNN is reporting that the Trump Foundation is being dissolved.

So much winning...
People are saying. Believe me.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 7974
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm

KICT wrote:
CNN is reporting that the Trump Foundation is being dissolved.

So much winning...


Yep, looks like the illegal dealings are coming home to roost.

""Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation -- including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more. This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump's business and political interests," Underwood said in a statement Tuesday.
"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics ... index.html


Don't see Trump bringing attention to this issue in Twitter today do you?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
2122M
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:54 pm

KICT wrote:
CNN is reporting that the Trump Foundation is being dissolved.

So much winning...


He also just folded like a cheap suit over the border wall funding / gov't shutdown. I guess the plan that he shot down on TV with Pelosi and Schumer is now "something that we would be able to support as a long as we can couple that with other funding resources." according to Huckabee-Sanders.

That's a nice way of admitting defeat while claiming they will get their 5 Billion dollar victory through vague and unspecified future funding.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics ... index.html
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3283
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Let's look at this with an analogy to a business. When a spokesperson becomes too closely associated with negative public perceptions, the company cuts ties with them in order to prevent their corporate image from becoming tarnished through association. Think Jared from Subway, "Papa John," Tiger Woods from when all his scandals broke, etc.
As more investigations open, more evidence of illegal or unethical activity comes to light, the GOP may decide that Trump is doing too much damage to "their brand" and might cost them in the 2020 elections. If/when that comes to pass, they'll do all they can behind the scenes to get him to resign. Failing that, they may finally agree that impeachment and removal from office is the only option to save their skins in the 2020 election cycle. We're not there yet, but it's not impossible for me to think it couldn't get to that point.
 
A3801000
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:21 pm

KICT wrote:
CNN is reporting that the Trump Foundation is being dissolved.

So much winning...


But it did so much good....

The largest donation in the foundation’s history — a $264,231 gift to the Central Park Conservancy in 1989 — appeared to benefit Trump’s business: It paid to restore a fountain outside Trump’s Plaza Hotel.

And they always had a eye for details, no matter how small:

The smallest, a $7 foundation gift to the Boy Scouts that same year, appeared to benefit Trump’s family. It matched the amount required to enroll a boy in the Scouts the year that his son Donald Trump Jr. was 11.

;)
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:24 pm

KICT wrote:
Chris Matthews predicts Trump will resign in the coming weeks: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ch ... 2554c37eaf
Resignation may be Trump's best option at this point.


The Huffpost is rooting for Pence now??
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:47 pm

KICT wrote:
There is so much Trump news coming out that I think it's time to have a single thread to track all of the developments.

The latest being that McClatchy is now reporting that Mueller has evidence placing Cohen in Prague in the summer of 2016 to meet with Russians, despite his claims to the contrary of having "never been" there. This confirms at least in part the Trump dossier. I personally believe that the dossier, already having been confirmed piece-by-piece is likely 100% true. Mueller is thousands of steps ahead of Trump & Co. regarding all of this.

I also believe now that the pardoning of Scooter Libby is intended to send a message to all of the potential witnesses in an effort to obstruct justice and prevent those witnesses from turning on Trump, because if Trump will pardon Scooter Libby, he will pardon them, too.

The Trump camp is also in the middle of an all-out media propaganda war aimed at discrediting Mueller and Comey. It is likely that there is direct coordination between the Trump White House and Fox News, which is essentially state run media at this point.

The Justice Department special counsel has evidence that Donald Trump’s personal lawyer and confidant, Michael Cohen, secretly made a late-summer trip to Prague during the 2016 presidential campaign, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Confirmation of the trip would lend credence to a retired British spy’s report that Cohen strategized there with a powerful Kremlin figure about Russian meddling in the U.S. election.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article208870264.html

Trump is going to be impeached. Bet on it.


This thread is exactly why NOBODY takes you leftists seriously. Trump is going to be impeached? For what, campaign finance law charges? No...Trump is NOT going to be impeached...but saying that he was, he would never be removed by the senate.

Yall are pathetic.
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:55 pm

2122M wrote:
KICT wrote:
CNN is reporting that the Trump Foundation is being dissolved.

So much winning...


He also just folded like a cheap suit over the border wall funding / gov't shutdown. I guess the plan that he shot down on TV with Pelosi and Schumer is now "something that we would be able to support as a long as we can couple that with other funding resources." according to Huckabee-Sanders.

That's a nice way of admitting defeat while claiming they will get their 5 Billion dollar victory through vague and unspecified future funding.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics ... index.html


I see that you have NEVER done a business negation have you? Since when do you ask for the exact amount that you want when it comes to building the wall or any other product? Have you never negotiated your salary before? When it comes to negotiation, you either high ball or low ball depending on if you are selling or buying...but CNN told me the President was folding...laughable.
 
2122M
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:56 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:

This thread is exactly why NOBODY takes you leftists seriously. Trump is going to be impeached? For what, campaign finance law charges? No...Trump is NOT going to be impeached...but saying that he was, he would never be removed by the senate.

Yall are pathetic.


Do you honestly think Mueller has spent 18 months gathering testimony and evidence to support campaign finance law charges? I have to imagine that deep down, you know there is more to the story than that. The truth is that you have no idea what's going on behind the scene, but I'm willing to bet a whole hell of a lot of money that Mueller has more on his plate then the campaign finance issue.
 
User avatar
Dieuwer
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Does anyone know if Trump has a/multiple foreign passport(s)?
 
wingman
Posts: 3622
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:06 pm

And after a week of Fox News and Trump screaming about illegal FBI interviewing of Flynn and that Judge Emmet would likely toss the case the judge actually tears Flynn a new asshole and says he's a sorry piece of shit that better up his game helping the Special Counsel and now gets an extra 90 days to do so. Point blank the judge asked Flynn if he knew lying to the FBI was a crime? "Yes sir". And were you intimidated or coerced in any way? "No sir". And are you guilty as shit? "Yes, sir".

But still no tweets from President Twat Face or the hordes of Russian bootlickers masquerading as journos over on Fox explaining what the hell happened today. I really don't think there's any question now, this is the vilest, most corrupt and pathetic administration in our history. It literally boggles the mind how anyone can still stand up and be proud to call Trump their man. Watching Trump and Fox choke to death on this Nothing Burger is some consolation at least. Moron scum.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12623
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:14 pm

One can only hope that he gets what he deserves. I know I do. Is it me, or my imagination, but Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are the only two I can stomach on Fox News. The rest are fawning and sickening Robots, spewing right wing propaganda. At least they do not seem to be as obnoxious.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:19 pm

I feel like both sides should write fan fiction. Either Trump saving the world or ravenously eating garbage all day.
 
A3801000
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Apparent Mueller grand jury fight involved an unidentified corporation. DC Circuit upholds subpoena.

Image

Ruling: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ejPu14 ... vh0PW/view

Interesting: Owned by Country A.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:32 pm

Gosh, where are all those big, badass, crap talkers from 7 months ago?
 
User avatar
Berevoff
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:16 am

johnboy wrote:
Gosh, where are all those big, badass, crap talkers from 7 months ago?


Which ones?

The ones who were literally saying we were descending into a fascist state?

Or the ones who said Trump was literally a deranged mentally ill Alzheimer patient that was on the brink of being removed by the 25th?

Or the ones who says he's a Savior who has done nothing wrong who is saving America from Hillary?

Or the ones who, week after week, go on and on about "how this is it" and we're days away from a complete and total impeachment?

And yet, here we are trudging along just like we are with every administration. The indictment is coming this week I can feel it.
 
KICT
Topic Author
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:22 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
This thread is exactly why NOBODY takes you leftists seriously.

Nobody? Are you sure about that?
Democrats (aka "the leftists") just won control of the US House by the largest margin in the history "of our country".
Democrats (aka "the leftists") won the popular vote in 2016 by 3+ million votes.
The country is not as red as you think it is.

The only person not being taken seriously is you and the folks who share your myopic, facts-optional world view.

--

Anyway, no collusion eh? https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/18/politics ... index.html
I'm guessing it's Alfa Bank - who just happened to have a server operating in Trump Tower during the months leading up to the election.
More: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018 ... p-campaign
Examining records for the Trump domain, Max’s group discovered D.N.S. lookups from a pair of servers owned by Alfa Bank, one of the largest banks in Russia. Alfa Bank’s computers were looking up the address of the Trump server nearly every day. There were dozens of lookups on some days and far fewer on others, but the total number was notable: between May and September, Alfa Bank looked up the Trump Organization’s domain more than two thousand times. “We were watching this happen in real time—it was like watching an airplane fly by,” Max said. “And we thought, Why the hell is a Russian bank communicating with a server that belongs to the Trump Organization, and at such a rate?”
People are saying. Believe me.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:42 am

Here’s a synopsis of Trump Syndicate crimes against America.

Treason can be punished by execution, right?

“Remember the Big Story in the Russia Scandal: Donald Trump Betrayed America

In the flurry of new developments—and disinformation—it’s easy to lose sight of this essential and proven fact.”

https://www.motherjones.com/media/2018/ ... mp-russia/
 
BN747
Posts: 5885
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:01 am

777222LR wrote:
Is the job of president so "un-busy" that he has time to tweet all day long? It's astounding that he tweets more than a teenage girl. The rest of us have to work and all he does it bait his base and the opposing party every...damn...day. I guess the seriousness of his attack in Syria has a short shelf life. He has no clear direction, and is an over all S#!+ show.


Exactly!

Our country is being driven by an idiot that has no idea how to drive. Just hand the SUV over to closest 4yo and let him drive for awhile.\, see how comfortable you are.

Nationally that's what's happening, a fool with comprehension skills beyond understanding tic-tac-toe.
He's not even remotely interested in anything - ANYTHING that requires a little brain power....and then goes rattling off about Space Force, as if he knows what an AU is.

When your pilot doesn't know what an aileron is ... ground his ass immediately.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10098
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:53 am

johnboy wrote:
Here’s a synopsis of Trump Syndicate crimes against America.

Treason can be punished by execution, right?


yeah, but neither Trump, nor any other person, can currently commit treason, as treason can only be done during a war declared by congress. That hasn´t happened in a long, long time.

Not even the Rosenbergs, or any other of the two dozen or so US citizens that delivered nuclear secrets to the USSR where charged with treason.

Giving aid and comfort to the enemy means everything. Selling stuff on ebay and ship it to a Russian in Russia would be treason if you where at war with Russia, without that war nothing is.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
kaitak
Posts: 9579
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:18 am

I was actually prepared to accept Trump's contention that there was no collusion, because if the Russian interference were as efficient as one might expect, the last person they would want to let know that there was collusion is the focus of that collusion. Huh? OK, stay with me ...

I believe that the Russians had their eye on Trump and his organisation for some time and he fit the kind of profile they wanted: proud, vain, venal and not the sharpest tool in the box - easy to manipulate. Give him a few catchphrases and he has the money to fund his own campaign - even better. So, limited Russian funds necessary. There is a risk that his business connections might be uncovered, but that would probably take some time (as has been the case) ... still plenty of time for him to cause lots of damage to US interests, without him actually knowing that he is a pawn. He doesn't need to operate under any instructions, just follow his instincts for greed, control, racism, nepotism, lack of personal self discipline, impulsiveness and he can do far more damage that giving a knowing person a list of things that Russia would like to see done. It's like releasing a fox into a chicken house.

The more I see what has happened, the more I am coming to the conclusion that he is exceeding every possible hope the Russians could have had of him. And because of his vanity and impulsiveness, he knows nothing of the real efforts that went on behind the scenes to get him where he is. And now that he is, he can just make a total and utter dog's breakfast of the US and its international relations (among many other things) until the time comes for him to be forced out. It's a complete win-win.
 
stratclub
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:30 pm

I will go on record to acknowledge that Trump is a buffoon. I have no clue how the StormyGate thing has any relevance to anything. Maybe we should dig up JFK and hold hearings to censure him for his conduct while in the Oval Office since you can't impeach someone that is not in office anymore or dead.

I could imagine the proceedings.
Your honor, Permission to treat this witness as a hostile witness? Son, you have the courts permission to treat this witness as a dead witness as I don't see this witness as hostile, just unresponsive because he is dead.
 
KICT
Topic Author
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Says who?
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/invest ... 16820.html
Cohen was in Prague which matches the Steele dossier.
Was he there to pay off the hackers who hacked the DNC?
DID TRUMP KNOW?
Hold on to your butts.
People are saying. Believe me.
 
KICT
Topic Author
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:22 pm

stratclub wrote:
I will go on record to acknowledge that Trump is a buffoon. I have no clue how the StormyGate thing has any relevance to anything.

It's relevant because it's a campaign finance violation / felony committed by the "law and order candidate".
People are saying. Believe me.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Oh look! Turns out there IS evidence that Cohen was in Prague around that critical time, which he has denied.

Looks like another part of the Steele Dossier is true.
You’re welcome.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/invest ... 16820.html

Edited to add: thanks KICT! I’m glad someone is calling out this rot also. :bigthumbsup:
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:04 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:

This thread is exactly why NOBODY takes you leftists seriously. Trump is going to be impeached? For what, campaign finance law charges? No...Trump is NOT going to be impeached...but saying that he was, he would never be removed by the senate.

Yall are pathetic.


You seem quite sure of that, however if you REALLY thought that you wouldn’t have said, “But saying that he was...”. Sounds more like whistling past the cemetery to me.

Care to revisit this in a few months after Mueller’s report comes out? You know, the one that WON’T have campaign finance law charges as the major indictments?

Or will you be around anymore? Saner RWNJ posters at least have the sense that this man is insane, and won’t embarrass themselves in the process.
 
Ken777
Posts: 9789
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 pm

We are going to have an interesting year.

Start with Mueller's Investigation. How many have already been Indicted? Pleated Guilty? In jail or prison?

And the report (or detailed information or evidence) will end up at the various House Committees being controlled by Democrats and that new information and evidence will become public.

House Committees will be looking closely at Trump's actions because the GOP there cannot hide the truth. Pith.

In terms of Impeach/Indict the "policy" of Justice not to indict a President can be quickly changed if evidence demands it. The states can also indict Trump, especially on tax evasion, while he is in office. NY is well on the way.

By the end of 2019 Trump will probably be negotiating a Agnew type deal. He doesn't want prison, he is just going to want to keep as much wealth as possible.

At some point his "lenders" will have had enough and call the loans. Trump Tower will become Putin Palace and Trump will be evicted.

The fan has already been plugged in and is just waiting for 2019.
 
salttee
Posts: 3149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:13 am

Ken
I think you're right; I think there are going to be some real bombshells to come out of the Muller investigation. It looks like Muller is sitting on information (evidence) he has about the Prague meeting. Also, Muller is about to be given all the records of the house investigation and will gain the power of congress to open doors and force testimony.

As you say, the bit about not indicting a sitting president is just policy; that can be changed by the swish of a pen, so when the house of cards starts to collapse, that policy may fall by the wayside.
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 12433
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:58 am

I think Muller is a patriot and doesn't want to hurt his country. So he feels it is his (unpleasant) task to restore law & order by carefully removing the person he thinks is breaking the rules & not helping his country.

The person in question is increasingly assigning family & friends to stay in power, instead of the best, most skilled professionals. Like Kim, Erdogan ans some other heads of state..
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 6128
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Seems that he can not break the mindset, he thinks he is running a business not a country. The idea of diplomacy is lost on him and the US has 2 more years of this??? The next President will inherit a god awful mess. Just my :twocents:
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
A3801000
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 pm

 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:10 pm

A3801000 wrote:

Seth Abramson has correctly predicted 15 of the last 0 scandals.

So let me get the rules straight... Fox News is biased and worthless, but Rachel Maddow and Seth Abramson are completely trustworthy. Do you see why a moderate may have a problem with this? Do you see why this may be a teensy bit hypocritical?

From Wikipedia: “Slate argues that Abramson is "not making things up, per se; he's just recycling information you could find on any news site and adding sinister what-if hypotheticals to create conclusions that he refers to . . . as 'investigatory analyses.'”

And that’s coming from Slate, mind you.
 
A3801000
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:17 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
A3801000 wrote:

Seth Abramson has correctly predicted 15 of the last 0 scandals.

So let me get the rules straight... Fox News is biased and worthless, but Rachel Maddow and Seth Abramson are completely trustworthy. Do you see why a moderate may have a problem with this? Do you see why this may be a teensy bit hypocritical?

From Wikipedia: “Slate argues that Abramson is "not making things up, per se; he's just recycling information you could find on any news site and adding sinister what-if hypotheticals to create conclusions that he refers to . . . as 'investigatory analyses.'”

And that’s coming from Slate, mind you.


While Laurence Tribe from Harvard Law School says about him :"...deserves something akin to a Medal of Honor for being ahead of the curve with all the Trump-Russia dots connected and all the key details supplied-well before anybody else."

But no need to argue, I would much prefer if you would point out where exactly Seth is wrong in his thread,

I am sure Mueller is sitting on tons of explosive stuff and Trump will probably resign soon, in some kind of pre-amnestie deal for himself and his kids. Or exile to Russia :)
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:14 pm

A3801000 wrote:
I am sure Mueller is sitting on tons of explosive stuff and Trump will probably resign soon, in some kind of pre-amnestie deal for himself and his kids. Or exile to Russia :)

You can’t be sure. Full stop.

A moderate waits for the investigation results to be released. That’s what I am doing.
 
seb146
Posts: 19195
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:46 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
A3801000 wrote:

Seth Abramson has correctly predicted 15 of the last 0 scandals.

So let me get the rules straight... Fox News is biased and worthless, but Rachel Maddow and Seth Abramson are completely trustworthy. Do you see why a moderate may have a problem with this? Do you see why this may be a teensy bit hypocritical?

From Wikipedia: “Slate argues that Abramson is "not making things up, per se; he's just recycling information you could find on any news site and adding sinister what-if hypotheticals to create conclusions that he refers to . . . as 'investigatory analyses.'”

And that’s coming from Slate, mind you.


Maddow and Abramson: Here is what we know about the Russia investigation.

Fox: The witch hunt by Muller continues to divide the country.

hmmmmmm.......

Individual #1 will be out of a job. Government employees and citizens not receiving their government backed benefits like tax refunds, Medicare, and regular pay checks for work, will demand his stupid vanity wall not be built and the government be reopened. Republicans will side with Democrats and get that done. The orange one will throw a fit and whine and cry and carry on and leave in a huff and become a Fox analyst.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Seb, you just don’t know that. You are allowing your partisanship to take over.

While you project I will await the actual facts.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:06 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
A3801000 wrote:

Seth Abramson has correctly predicted 15 of the last 0 scandals.

So let me get the rules straight... Fox News is biased and worthless, but Rachel Maddow and Seth Abramson are completely trustworthy. Do you see why a moderate may have a problem with this? Do you see why this may be a teensy bit hypocritical?

From Wikipedia: “Slate argues that Abramson is "not making things up, per se; he's just recycling information you could find on any news site and adding sinister what-if hypotheticals to create conclusions that he refers to . . . as 'investigatory analyses.'”

And that’s coming from Slate, mind you.


A few points here:

*Rachel Maddow presents well-researched political analysis from the viewpoint of a former Rhodes Scholar and PhD educated at Oxford (as a matter of fact she has the #1 cable show on MSNBC). Her outstanding recent work showing Trump parroting Russian policy statements on Montenegro and the Baltics give us more evidence that this POTUS is working against his country.

*Seth Abramson has followed the Tramp Administration extensively and written a book connecting Trump to various scandals, elegantly tying together threads of all the disparate criminal acts against the US.

*oh dear...then there’s our VTKillarney breathlessly quoting a “hard-hitting” Wikipedia page, attempting to cast doubt on stellar investigative journalism not seen in the US since Watergate. However, let us give credit where credit is due - you’ve finally admitted that Fox News is biased and worthless, as you stated above.


The real kicker (and point of bemusement) is VTKillarney desperately trying to convince everyone that he has transitioned into a “moderate” - as if recent posts will magically erase the collective memory we all have seen with our own eyes. Good luck with that!

(Fear not though!!! I’ve got the receipts - just a small project collecting various comments/screenshots of the most odious comments from our resident Russian trolls. Like my granny (RIP) said, “it’ll keep them honest!”)
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:16 pm

So you’re saying that Slate is full of it? Good to know.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
So you’re saying that Slate is full of it? Good to know.


I wouldn’t know as I don’t read Slate. However I do know that Wikipedia isn’t quite a “top-drawer” source of info as you well know.

I am a bit worried that you seem to be having a crisis of confidence.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:33 pm

The source is Slate.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 pm

When it comes to Trump and Russia, my mantra is to await the facts. This is why I am waiting to see Mueller’s report before declaring what it will conclude.

Case in point. Of all the fantastically exaggerated Russia stories that have blown up in the media's faces, a Kremlin-directed "sonic attack" on US Embassy personnel apparently turning out instead to be chirping crickets may just take the cake.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/07/health ... cnn.com%2F
 
winginit
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:04 am

VTKillarney wrote:
When it comes to Trump and Russia, my mantra is to await the facts. This is why I am waiting to see Mueller’s report before declaring what it will conclude.

Case in point. Of all the fantastically exaggerated Russia stories that have blown up in the media's faces, a Kremlin-directed "sonic attack" on US Embassy personnel apparently turning out instead to be chirping crickets may just take the cake.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/07/health ... cnn.com%2F


That's an interesting example to choose given the President himself fell victim to a similar narrative no?

“I do believe Cuba’s responsible. I do believe that,” Trump said in a Rose Garden news conference. “And it’s a very unusual attack, as you know. But I do believe Cuba is responsible.”


You might argue that it also blew up in Trump's face given he accused another country of carrying out these 'attacks'?

Source
Last edited by winginit on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:06 am

I missed the part of your quote where Trump suggested that Russia was behind it. It happened on Cuban soil, so I can see why Trump was suggesting Cuban involvement. I’d be more worried if he didn’t publicly defend our foreign service officers.
 
winginit
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 am

VTKillarney wrote:
I missed the part of your quote where Trump suggested that Russia was behind it.


Does it matter whether he thought Russia or Cuba were behind it?

You're acting as though it was the fanatic media driving the narrative that Russia was somehow behind the attacks.

It was U.S. intelligence officials, working in the service of the Trump Administration, who floated that narrative. The media didn't just invent it to try and somehow reflect poorly on Trump.

You've chosen a pretty lousy example to make your 'case in point'.
Last edited by winginit on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:13 am

Ah, yes. Those anonymous officials that NBC loves so much.
 
winginit
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:20 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Ah, yes. Those anonymous officials that NBC loves so much.


So state your claim then - are you of the belief that NBC News made up a report attributing blame to Russia in an attempt to further the Trump/Russia narrative?
 
seb146
Posts: 19195
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:29 am

VTKillarney wrote:
When it comes to Trump and Russia, my mantra is to await the facts. This is why I am waiting to see Mueller’s report before declaring what it will conclude.


Let's look at the facts we have so far:

Russia hacked the United States' election in 2016 and tried again in 2018. European and American intelligence already stated that fact.
Individual #1 has connections to Russian banks and oligarchs.
Social media was inundated with Russian-based lies and misinformation during both the 2016 and 2018 campaigns
Wayne La Pierre has a cozy relationship with Russian Maria Butina and has assisted Putin many times.
Eric Trump met with Maria Butina.
Many associates of individual #1 are already in jail on unrelated charges and made plea deals with investigators.
Individual #1 has many times praised Putin and held a private meeting WITH NO REPORTERS PRESENT.

Those are just my personal highlights. There are many, many, many, many, many more.

But, as a moderate, you are convinced there is nothing to see here. Move along. Let's just wait and see but it is probably nothing so who cares.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 2959
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:52 am

seb146 wrote:

But, as a moderate, you are convinced there is nothing to see here. Move along. Let's just wait and see but it is probably nothing so who cares.


Well if we’re all going to be honest (again, giving the benefit of the doubt here), VTKillarney absolutely, unequivocally stated there was no evidence AT ALL when the Russian angle was starting to gain steam.

Now, as a “moderate” (sorry, I just lose it every time I type this), VT Killarney has suddenly found the gravitas to encourage others to wait and see for all the evidence to be presented.

One might be tempted to think there was a “come to Jesus” meeting somewhere along the road to Emmaus. :lol:
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 am

seb146 wrote:
Russia hacked the United States' election in 2016


There is not one iota of evidence the election results were hacked or otherwise successfully manipulated by the Russians or anyone else. You can keep saying it, but that doesn’t make it true.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10098
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 am

VTKillarney wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Russia hacked the United States' election in 2016


There is not one iota of evidence the election results were hacked or otherwise successfully manipulated by the Russians or anyone else. You can keep saying it, but that doesn’t make it true.


you may want to opt for a 21st century update to your vocabulary .....

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hacking

But i guess when you hear about "life hack" you wonder where all those things have their USB port.....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tugger and 44 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos