treetreeseven

Re: Trump Resignation/Impeachment Megathread

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:17 pm

I gotta say it was fun seeing Roger Stone get rousted at 4am by the FBI. That's a guy that would absolutely take an offered position with the Waffen-SS, along with Stephen Miller.

winginit

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Slug71 wrote:
Would we be talking about this if Hillary won?

Learn to post an image - then we can talk about whether we'd be talking about something if Hillary had won. Although given this is the Trump Resignation/Impeachment thread, if it's content not related to that then the content will be flagged and removed as I'm sure you're aware.

I'm gonna be honest you're not great at this.

treetreeseven

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:34 pm

winginit wrote:

Give him time, it's tough when your first exposure to English was only 6 weeks ago at Media Influencer Boot Camp in a dreary suburban Moscow office park :lol:

Slug71

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:59 pm

winginit wrote:
Slug71 wrote:

Learn to post an image - then we can talk about whether we'd be talking about something if Hillary had won. Although given this is the Trump Resignation/Impeachment thread, if it's content not related to that then the content will be flagged and removed as I'm sure you're aware.

Works fine for me.

treetreeseven wrote:
winginit wrote:

Give him time, it's tough when your first exposure to English was only 6 weeks ago at Media Influencer Boot Camp in a dreary suburban Moscow office park :lol:

I've spoken English my whole life, but thanks for you personal attack and racist remarks.

KICT
Topic Author

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 pm

No because that photo is from what she was Secretary of State, years prior to the election.

Nice try.
People are saying. Believe me.

casinterest

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:29 am

Slug71 wrote:

If Trump had really wanted to "Lock Her Up" He would have hired her to be on his campaign :rotfl: :bouncy:
Where ever you go, there you are.

ThePointblank

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:36 am

casinterest wrote:
ER757 wrote:
KICT wrote:
Roger Stone arrested by FBI agents this morning.

Fake news! Witch Hunt! Hardly know him! No collusion! He's a liar! He's a loser!

Did I miss any of the inevitable responses from the Oval Office occupant?

What was CNN doing there ? :)

Apparently, CNN guessed that something big was going to happen, based upon the activities of the Grand Jury that Mueller was using.

Per their reporter who broke the video of the arrest going down, they suspected something would happen because the Grand Jury normally meets on a Friday. CNN spotted the Grand Jury meeting the day earlier on a Thursday, which was unusual. Coupled with other activity going on in the Russia investigation, CNN sent a reporter out to Roger Stone's house to camp out there to see if anything happened.

DL717

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:41 am

ThePointblank wrote:
casinterest wrote:
ER757 wrote:
Fake news! Witch Hunt! Hardly know him! No collusion! He's a liar! He's a loser!

Did I miss any of the inevitable responses from the Oval Office occupant?

Apparently, CNN guessed that something big was going to happen, based upon the activities of the Grand Jury that Mueller was using.

Per their reporter who broke the video of the arrest going down, they suspected something would happen because the Grand Jury normally meets on a Friday. CNN spotted the Grand Jury meeting the day earlier on a Thursday, which was unusual. Coupled with other activity going on in the Russia investigation, CNN sent a reporter out to Roger Stone's house to camp out there to see if anything happened.

Magical. :roll:

Want some swamp land?
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

KICT
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:55 am

Are you getting tired of all the winning yet?

seb146

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:57 am

KICT wrote:
Are you getting tired of all the winning yet?

At least he didn't use a private email server!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

tommy1808

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:11 am

casinterest wrote:
Donald Trump is treating this about as Rationally as one would expect. :sarcastic:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 8494888961
Greatest Witch Hunt in the History of our Country! NO COLLUSION! Border Coyotes, Drug Dealers and Human Traffickers are treated better. Who alerted CNN to be there?

So Trump thinks Stone is going to be held in a cage, and be fed medication without his consent?

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

tommy1808

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:14 am

DL717 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Want some swamp land?

What makes you think for a moment that person's of interest are not staked out by journalists and always have been?
Mueller asking for the official transcript, he only needs that for an indictment after all, was a pretty good pointer to wait for a search warrant to be served at least.

Best regards
Thomas

ThePointblank

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:35 am

tommy1808 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:

Want some swamp land?

What makes you think for a moment that person's of interest are not staked out by journalists and always have been?
Mueller asking for the official transcript, he only needs that for an indictment after all, was a pretty good pointer to wait for a search warrant to be served at least.

Best regards
Thomas

Especially considering what was going down the past few weeks.

We know that Mueller last month had specifically requested a official transcript of Roger Stone's testimony to Congress. That was granted by the House Intel Committee.

With that in mind, didn't it seem obvious that an approved request for a transcript of Roger Stone's Congressional testimony, and that a number of Roger Stone associates were being called in as witnesses and testifying before the Grand Jury would seem to indicate that an indictment was taking shape against Roger Stone?

And once you had unusual Grand Jury activity where they were meeting on a day they normally wouldn't be meeting, indicate that the timeframe for such an indictment was very soon?

Jouhou

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:45 am

tommy1808 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Donald Trump is treating this about as Rationally as one would expect. :sarcastic:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 8494888961
Greatest Witch Hunt in the History of our Country! NO COLLUSION! Border Coyotes, Drug Dealers and Human Traffickers are treated better. Who alerted CNN to be there?

So Trump thinks Stone is going to be held in a cage, and be fed medication without his consent?

Best regards
Thomas

Stone is known to be a bit of a freak, I'm pretty sure he would enjoy that.

ltbewr

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Its too bad Stone was released on relatively low bail, he should be rotting in jail like the common criminal he is until his trial or plea deal and can't destroy any evidence. He had been saying for months he believed he would be indicted.

It is interesting the aggressive approach to Stone's arrest early Friday, with like a SWAT team with multiple highly armed and protection wearing officers. I don't think he was going to escape to Brazil but who knows. The Indictment was handed down late Thursday was sealed by the court by Mueller's request and not to be publicly disclosed until Stone's arrest. I suspect this was an intended grand show by Mueller to get the media's attention that he got a 'big fish', to make a point to others not lie to the investigators and put the fear of arrest in other suspects connected to Trump's Presidential Campaign. His arrest show lost its intended attention due to the President's announcement of the Budget Continuing Resolution for 3 weeks to end the partial shutdown Friday afternoon.

With Stone looking like he will be 'breaking rocks' in jail, one has to wonder who will be next getting the 'perp walk' from Mueller or the SDNY investigators in the Donald Trump campaign scandals. Many hope it includes Jared Kushner and Donald Trump, Jr. thus getting very close to the 'big guy' himself and hopefully a publicly disclosed report by Mueller to end this 'long national nightmare' that Trump as President has been.

salttee

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:20 pm

The purpose of the SWAT team was to get in before he could destroy all the evidence, it was not a "grand show"; in fact it was supposed to have taken place out of the limelight. Muller has eschewed publicity from day one of his tenure.

Also, bail is not intended to be a form of punishment thank god. It is merely intended to encourage the accused to show up for court.

Berevoff

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:28 pm

salttee wrote:
The purpose of the SWAT team was to get in before he could destroy all the evidence, it was not a "grand show"; in fact it was supposed to have taken place out of the limelight. Muller has eschewed publicity from day one of his tenure.

Also, bail is not intended to be a form of punishment thank god. It is merely intended to encourage the accused to show up for court.

Reading the court documents yesterday I was shocked to learn he doesn't even have a valid passport to confiscate. What a dolt.

KICT
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:29 pm

Suddenly, MAGAts are concerned about the militarization of the police.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/10 ... 46336?s=21
Last edited by KICT on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salttee

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:30 pm

Berevoff wrote:
salttee wrote:

Reading the court documents yesterday I was shocked to learn he doesn't even have a valid passport to confiscate. What a dolt.

Yea, he seems to live in a pretty small world.

KICT
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:13 pm

Loljk he's keeping troops in Syria too.

https://twitter.com/laraseligman/status ... 87623?s=21

Suckers.

Magog

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:15 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Its too bad Stone was released on relatively low bail, he should be rotting in jail like the common criminal he is until his trial or plea deal and can't destroy any evidence.

This type of rhetoric disturbs me. We have one of the highest incarceration rates on the planet that disproportionately affects people of color. When liberals demand pre-trial incarnation for non-violent charges, it runs counter to our core values. These weapons of the state are easily turned against the most vulnerable.
Last edited by Magog on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KICT
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:21 pm

My favorite part of treason is how its perpetrators are eligible for capital punishment.

mbmbos

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:22 pm

DL717 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Want some swamp land?

Always a conspiracy theory. Always an alternate narrative. Gotta gin up some talking points somehow.

This is weak very weak. Even Stone told media he was likely to be indicted.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

KICT
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Check out this beauty -

"Democrats have held our government hostage for weeks, but thanks to President @realDonaldTrump's leadership, the government will reopen and federal workers will be paid in the next few days." - GOP official Twitter account

This is beyond obscene.
https://twitter.com/gop/status/1089191237851271170?s=21

KICT
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:28 pm

bgm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:29 pm

KICT wrote:
Check out this beauty -

"Democrats have held our government hostage for weeks, but thanks to President @realDonaldTrump's leadership, the government will reopen and federal workers will be paid in the next few days." - GOP official Twitter account

This is beyond obscene.

Of course they're going to spin it that way. "We're stuck with the orange turd who shut down the government and then caved in after 5 weeks of chaos and left us looking like dipshits", although refreshingly honest, is highly unlikely from the GOP spin machine.

salttee

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:35 pm

bgm wrote:
KICT wrote:
Check out this beauty -

This is beyond obscene.

Of course they're going to spin it that way. "We're stuck with the orange turd who shut down the government and then caved in after 5 weeks of chaos and left us looking like dipshits", although refreshingly honest, is highly unlikely from the GOP spin machine.

I don't think it's right to be so passively accommodating to a lie as egregious as that. That is on the level of Stalinist lies. Anyone who is not visibly outraged by that kind of lie being passed off in the US, by any kind of officialdom, is either brain dead or corrupt to the core IMO.

In your case, I hope it was just a momentary lapse of consciousness.

bgm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:00 pm

salttee wrote:
bgm wrote:
KICT wrote:
Check out this beauty -

This is beyond obscene.

I don't think it's right to be so passively accommodating to a lie as egregious as that. That is on the level of Stalinist lies. Anyone who is not visibly outraged by that kind of lie being passed off in the US, by any kind of officialdom, is either brain dead or corrupt to the core IMO.

In your case, I hope it was just a momentary lapse of consciousness.

Not at all. I'm just saying that the utterly repulsive and disgusting lies they spew do not come as a surprise. They lie and lie, with the expectation that their base are so incredibly dumb and gullible that they'll lap it up.

And I think my previous posts clearly show I am a vocal critic of the entire Trump clusterf**k. ;)

Jouhou

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:55 pm

You know what, with Roger Stone's indictment, the investigation is now stopping just barely short of indicting Trump's inner circle, aka family. Kushner is likely to be indicted, but I have a feeling Mueller will go for Don jr. first. Trump's reaction to a Kushner indictment would be unpredictable. A Don jr. Indictment would almost certainly draw a pardon from Trump, and if the evidence presented against jr. Is damning, as it likely will be, that pardon would likely start the impeachment process. Even conservatives aren't fans of nepotism. Jr's behavior won't get the same free pass the president's does.

DL717

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:42 pm

mbmbos wrote:
DL717 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:

Want some swamp land?

Always a conspiracy theory. Always an alternate narrative. Gotta gin up some talking points somehow.

This is weak very weak. Even Stone told media he was likely to be indicted.

Sure. And my dog can talk too.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

casinterest

Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Trump's Twitter threat of the day seems to be a violation of the Emoulments clause. and an abuse of power.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4312178688
"Howard Schultz doesn’t have the “guts” to run for President! Watched him on @60Minutes last night and I agree with him that he is not the “smartest person.” Besides, America already has that! I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!"

cledaybuck

Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:32 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump's Twitter threat of the day seems to be a violation of the Emoulments clause. and an abuse of power.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4312178688
"Howard Schultz doesn’t have the “guts” to run for President! Watched him on @60Minutes last night and I agree with him that he is not the “smartest person.” Besides, America already has that! I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!"

Just as predicted in the 60 minutes piece that Trump would be saying terrible things about him on Twitter. That said, this sure looks like Trump trying to goad him into running because he believes it will help him get reelected.

salttee

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:50 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
Just as predicted in the 60 minutes piece that Trump would be saying terrible things about him on Twitter. That said, this sure looks like Trump trying to goad him into running because he believes it will help him get reelected.

In the sick system our national political scene has evolved into, that means the Libs need to fund and provide (surreptitious) support for right wingers who want to run as third party candidates.

After all, it's all about "winning" isn't it?
It is of no consequence how the win is achieved in our brave new world.

casinterest

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:04 pm

McConnell is about to put a bill through the senate that goes against Trump's lies about Syria and Afghanistan and the pull out.

enate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is poised to use a foreign policy bill to break with President Trump, saying on Tuesday that he will offer an amendment that would warn against a "precipitous withdrawal" of troops from either Syria or Afghanistan.

McConnell, speaking from the Senate floor, said his proposal would "acknowledge the plain fact" that Al Qaeda, the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria and their affiliates "pose a serious threat to us here in home."

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/427 ... n-drawdown

I thought McConnell only passed laws that the President will not veto?

Will McConnell also admit that Trump lied about the Border wall as well?

Francoflier

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:45 pm

casinterest wrote:
I thought McConnell only passed laws that the President will not veto?

McConnell's job is to shepherd the nincompoop.
He prevents him from doing some of the stupider stuff he tries to do, looks away when he drops a steaming pile of manure on twitter or the media and uses him when it's convenient for his agenda.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

johnboy

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:12 pm

Buzzfeed investigates Trump document dump

I love this quote:

“See buddy I can not only get Ivanka to spin in Putins Kremlin office chair on 30 minutes notice, I can also get a full meeting.”

Sit and spin, Ivanka. Sit and spin. :bouncy:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/bombsh ... -election/

A3801000

Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Very interesting look at the Steele dossier, again:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/muc ... 51551.html

'Many of the suspicions in the papers have been confirmed...'

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:11 pm

In polling, embattled Gov. Northam is at 47% for and against, and looks like he's staying no matter what.

President trump is polling at 52% approval, in spite of coming out of a long Govt. shutdown, and Russia Probing.

Trump, unlike Gov. Northam will not resign. Trump is too favorable to be found guilty of an impeachment (See Bill Clinton.)

:checkmark:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

casinterest

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:20 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
In polling, embattled Gov. Northam is at 47% for and against, and looks like he's staying no matter what.

President trump is polling at 52% approval, in spite of coming out of a long Govt. shutdown, and Russia Probing.

Trump, unlike Gov. Northam will not resign. Trump is too favorable to be found guilty of an impeachment (See Bill Clinton.)

Trump is at 40% in aggregate. However being the lying,racist coward he is, I doubt he will step down. He will have to be humiliated in 2020.

Unlike Trump, Northam actually has the support of minorities.

Also unlike Cowardly Trump, Northam actually has the courage to apologize for his racist incidents.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/

DIRECTFLT

Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 am

casinterest wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Trump is at 40% in aggregate. However being the lying,racist coward he is, I doubt he will step down. He will have to be humiliated in 2020.

Also unlike Cowardly Trump, Northam actually has the courage to apologize for his racist incidents.

Stop saying Trump is cowardly... he is Trumpicus ! ! !

Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

trpmb6

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:29 pm

This is the second news article I've seen this week suggesting folks should tamper down their expectations for the Mueller probe and it's report. Is it that they are getting small leaks of details suggesting there is nothing there there? Or a bit of damage control if nothing comes of the probe and no indictments are issued? I suppose we'll know soon. Seems Mueller's team is signaling they are wrapping things up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... rt-n971601

An editorial note about a mistake in the article:

When Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr released the report of his investigation of President Bill Clinton in 1998, all of Washington paused to digest the 453-page document (plus 2,000 pages of appendixes), with its salacious details of the president's sexual dalliance with an intern. It was made public at the same time it was sent to Congress.

The Starr report was in fact not made public when it was sent to congress. Congress voted, on the day they received it, to release the report in its entirety before they had actually read it. This was not the intention of the investigation team as it was written in a way that only members of congress were supposed to have read it behind closed doors.

casinterest

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
casinterest wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Trumpicus? Is that another word for Lying Racist Cowardly Cartoon?

casinterest

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:37 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
This is the second news article I've seen this week suggesting folks should tamper down their expectations for the Mueller probe and it's report. Is it that they are getting small leaks of details suggesting there is nothing there there? Or a bit of damage control if nothing comes of the probe and no indictments are issued? I suppose we'll know soon. Seems Mueller's team is signaling they are wrapping things up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... rt-n971601

An editorial note about a mistake in the article:

When Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr released the report of his investigation of President Bill Clinton in 1998, all of Washington paused to digest the 453-page document (plus 2,000 pages of appendixes), with its salacious details of the president's sexual dalliance with an intern. It was made public at the same time it was sent to Congress.

The Starr report was in fact not made public when it was sent to congress. Congress voted, on the day they received it, to release the report in its entirety before they had actually read it. This was not the intention of the investigation team as it was written in a way that only members of congress were supposed to have read it behind closed doors.

I think there are more indictments coming. Manafort and his bed of lies and the testimony of Cohen are still to be waited on.

DIRECTFLT

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 am

casinterest wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Trumpicus? Is that another word for Lying Racist Cowardly Cartoon?

Not in my dictionary.

aviationaware

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:03 am

Well, with the McCabe interview we now have it from the horses mouth that the FBI leadership was basically planning a coup to unmake the result of a democratic election. Absolutely outrageous. Anyone involved has to go to the big house asap.

seahawk

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 am

What is the penalty for treason?

tommy1808

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:38 am

aviationaware wrote:
Well, with the McCabe interview we now have it from the horses mouth that the FBI leadership was basically planning a coup to unmake the result of a democratic election. Absolutely outrageous. Anyone involved has to go to the big house asap.

Sending people to prison for doing their job? Defending the constitution against enemies, foreign and domestic ..... ?

Yeah, sounds like something that would happen in the Trump era. ...

best regards
Thomas

Jouhou

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:49 am

tommy1808 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

Sending people to prison for doing their job? Defending the constitution against enemies, foreign and domestic ..... ?

Yeah, sounds like something that would happen in the Trump era. ...

best regards
Thomas

Yeah, as someone that actually takes their oath seriously, I do report superiors breaking the law and abusing government resources for
their own means. I don't care how important you are, don't corrupt my corner of the government or I'm going up the chain of command until I find someone who cares. Even if that ends up being the IG.

Dieuwer

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:22 am

I was just at Disney's. When watching the Presidential line-up, I thought: "Will they really add a Trump animatronics in the future??".

KICT
Topic Author

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:33 am

Dieuwer wrote:
I was just at Disney's. When watching the Presidential line-up, I thought: "Will they really add a Trump animatronics in the future??".

The only thing animatronic will be Vladimir Putin, controlling a Trump string doll.