CCGPV
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:00 pm

bagoldex wrote:
zkojq wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
I want the dem candidate to be a gen xer. No more boomers, for the love of god.

Both my countries have young people as head of state/head of government. It is so refreshing in so many ways!

Image

Baby boomers have done far too much damage to this world. I hope that more countries do what is needed to kick them out.

Jouhou wrote:
The clintons, bushes, and trump have something in common: they're all boomers. It's time for them to give up the reigns.

:checkmark:


The baby boomers are going to be dying off over the next twenty years and by 2028 they should be irrelevant from an electoral and political standpoint.


And then the Gen X-ers will take their place and be just as wealthy and just as Republican (and Democrat) as every generation before them. There's nothing unique about the baby-boomers and there's nothing uniquely different about the gen x-ers. Turns out the older one gets the more naturally conservative and "old school" they get. Not a lot of 60+ year olds care about marriage equality or other social reforms. They want tax breaks and their social security to be safe.

Like I've said before all the current ultra-conservative leaders like Trump, Sessions, Bush, etc were all 18-25 during the summer of love and the hippie times. Look what they turned into.
I have all day.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm

CCGPV wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
zkojq wrote:
Both my countries have young people as head of state/head of government. It is so refreshing in so many ways!

Image

Baby boomers have done far too much damage to this world. I hope that more countries do what is needed to kick them out.


:checkmark:


The baby boomers are going to be dying off over the next twenty years and by 2028 they should be irrelevant from an electoral and political standpoint.


And then the Gen X-ers will take their place and be just as wealthy and just as Republican (and Democrat) as every generation before them. There's nothing unique about the baby-boomers and there's nothing uniquely different about the gen x-ers. Turns out the older one gets the more naturally conservative and "old school" they get. Not a lot of 60+ year olds care about marriage equality or other social reforms. They want tax breaks and their social security to be safe.

Like I've said before all the current ultra-conservative leaders like Trump, Sessions, Bush, etc were all 18-25 during the summer of love and the hippie times. Look what they turned into.


I sincerely doubt that will happen. The wealthy and educated are fleeing the GOP in droves. The GOP as it exists today looks more like the cast from Deliverance than the membership of Cypress Point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... d43045f38b

Billionaire GOP Donor: I’m Using My Tax-Cut Money To Help Elect Democrats

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/se ... c89cea0063
 
CCGPV
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:37 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

The baby boomers are going to be dying off over the next twenty years and by 2028 they should be irrelevant from an electoral and political standpoint.


And then the Gen X-ers will take their place and be just as wealthy and just as Republican (and Democrat) as every generation before them. There's nothing unique about the baby-boomers and there's nothing uniquely different about the gen x-ers. Turns out the older one gets the more naturally conservative and "old school" they get. Not a lot of 60+ year olds care about marriage equality or other social reforms. They want tax breaks and their social security to be safe.

Like I've said before all the current ultra-conservative leaders like Trump, Sessions, Bush, etc were all 18-25 during the summer of love and the hippie times. Look what they turned into.


I sincerely doubt that will happen. The wealthy and educated are fleeing the GOP in droves. The GOP as it exists today looks more like the cast from Deliverance than the membership of Cypress Point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... d43045f38b

Billionaire GOP Donor: I’m Using My Tax-Cut Money To Help Elect Democrats

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/se ... c89cea0063


Doesn't matter. Wealthy and educated people didn't elect Trump- the pissed off poor and uneducated did.

Annoyed people will always exist and there will be draconian, backwards (and overly progressive) politicians elected for centuries to come. Don't assume people will "see the light" in the future when we've seen time and time again we're capable and willing to elect people like Trump and Obama back to back.
I have all day.
 
salttee
Topic Author
Posts: 2149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 pm

zkojq wrote:
Baby boomers have done far too much damage to this world. I hope that more countries do what is needed to kick them out.

There are some traps in life that are fairly easy to avoid for anyone with open eyes. The superiority of "my" generation being one of them.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 9922
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:36 pm

I think Trump will survive his first term. If Congress goes Dem he can live with that, make deals he can't make right now.

Would he then run for another term, no idea. For anyone in his position (almost guaranteed loser against a goat or better) not running has to be a consideration. Then the GOP can have another shot with a decent candidate. If he runs, then that's what they have.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
salttee
Topic Author
Posts: 2149
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Aesma wrote:
I think Trump will survive his first term. If Congress goes Dem he can live with that, make deals he can't make right now.

Would he then run for another term, no idea. For anyone in his position (almost guaranteed loser against a goat or better) not running has to be a consideration. Then the GOP can have another shot with a decent candidate. If he runs, then that's what they have.
You seem to be assuming that the Muller investigation will come to nothing. Is that so?
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 9922
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:58 pm

No I'm assuming that impeachments fail more often than they succeed.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 pm

salttee wrote:
You seem to be assuming that the Muller investigation will come to nothing. Is that so?


Here... Let me help you with that salttee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CKGA9w-B6A
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:05 pm

salttee wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
So, if you remember the Clinton email thing............. there was something to glean from that: she really never understood the importance of cyber security and was incredibly sloppy and complacent and even blew off warnings.

IMHO that's a lot of horse pucky.

The only thing she didn't understand is that the Republican scandal making machine would subpoena enough random material to stumble on to the fact that she had done that - and then be able to make a scandal out of it.

She was ahead of the game technologically - she didn't want to leave herself open to disloyal State department employees who would be able to break in and read her private conversations and turn them against her. She understood cyber security better than you!

Remember, she was the Secretary of State she was the one who knew better than anyone else what had to be kept under wraps as far as foreigners are concerned. I am willing to bet that she used the same defensive security that this old dinosaur does vs Facebook - she didn't put anything online that had to be kept secure. There are no allegations that anything of hers was ever leaked until the Republicans started issuing subpoenas.

The whole E-mail thing is just so much bullshit and the gen xers bought into it hook line and sinker.

BTW
Did you know that the two previous Secs of State did the same thing??

You picked a poor example of gen x prowess with that one.

-----------------------------------------------------------

BTW
Did you know that the two previous Secs of State did the same thing??

Well no... NO ONE before Clinton ever had their own off site private server to do the Govt's business on... That is **not** the same thing as having a private email account. And to add to that, the rules and regs in place when the the two former Secs of State took office were not as clear as they were when Mrs. Clinton took office.


She was ahead of the game technologically - she didn't want to leave herself open to disloyal State department employees who would be able to break in and read her private conversations and turn them against her. She understood cyber security better than you!

Yeah... just a side issue that by having her own server, that Mrs. Clinton conveniently side-stepped any FOIA requests. She understands getting around the FOIA law better than most. Yes, she is ahead of "the game" right there alright!


Remember, she was the Secretary of State she was the one who knew better than anyone else what had to be kept under wraps as far as foreigners are concerned. I am willing to bet that she used the same defensive security that this old dinosaur does vs Facebook - she didn't put anything online that had to be kept secure. There are no allegations that anything of hers was ever leaked until the Republicans started issuing subpoenas.

First of all, when Clinton took office, her private server was NOT encrypted. It was encrypted later. So we'll never know what could have been seen until it was encrypted later.

As to things that need to be secure, it goes without saying that ANY communication you receive from a foreign source, whether the communication itself is technically Classified, or not, has to be secured. That's just common knowledge in the Dept. of State. and Mrs. Clinton wasn't savvy enough to grasp that.



My statements were made after reviewing the Wiki article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_C ... ontroversy
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Understanding the law and following the law/guidelines are two different things. Comey and Bharara blatantly violated following the law and dept guidelines. Trump has an excuse, what is theirs?

They are good for CNN, nothing more.


---------------------------------------------------------

Comey's quote from his book about President Trump:
I think he’s morally unfit to be president.


Really ??

I think that Comey's boss in the DOJ in the Obama Administration, Loretta Lunch was morally unfit to be the Attorney General. Her 30 minute airport tarmac meeting with the husband of someone under FBI investigation was and is unacceptable.

AG Lynch's request for FBI Director Comey "to downplay the investigation into Clinton's emails by calling it a "matter" rather than an investigation" makes her unfit for her job. FBI Director Comey said that the request "confused and concerned" him.

But Comey, who now declares himself as "unaffiliated," is seen heralded as an impartial viewer of President Trump by the MSM.

I don't buy what Comey's peddling.

I haven't since he peddled his recommendation to the DOJ "that no charges are appropriate in this case." The Clinton email case.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 10957
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:41 pm

seahawk wrote:
salttee wrote:
----> seahawk: Oh please!


Is he knowledgeable in economics, foreign relations, working with congress and so on? Did he hold an elected government position on the state or local level?


Who, Trump or Comey?

I think the Republicans will nominate a "very play by the rules", reasonable nice guy for the next elections.
The overall quality difference with the previous president seems shocking. A guy everybody knew was
reasonable, surrounded by reasonable people. So always welcome everywhere, even in disagreement
getting the benefit of the doubt. Seems ages ago.

Image
Last edited by keesje on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
2122M
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I think that Comey's boss in the DOJ in the Obama Administration, Loretta Lunch was morally unfit to be the Attorney General. Her 30 minute airport tarmac meeting with the husband of someone under FBI investigation was and is unacceptable.


Loretta Lynch is no longer in the picture, so why bring her up? I guess it fits the Republican 'go-to' defense of, "but Clinton..." and "But Obama..." and so on.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I don't buy what Comey's peddling.

I haven't since he peddled his recommendation to the DOJ "that no charges are appropriate in this case." The Clinton email case.


Translation, "you don't think he's credible because his months long professional investigation handled by the top law enforcement agency in the country came to a conclusion that didn't line up with your armchair-detective gut instinct"
 
texdravid
Posts: 1545
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 3:21 pm

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:06 am

I want the next Democrat nominee to be Kamala Harris or Raul Emanuel or Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden.

Pretty please democrats? Ha ha what a muderers row of incompetence, ignorance, and chicanery at your top picks for 2020. You have one of the most easily beatable presidents, this orange idiot, and this is your bench?

The US political class is bankrupt, clowns and we deserve the leaders we get in this declining country known as the USA.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:43 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Understanding the law and following the law/guidelines are two different things. Comey and Bharara blatantly violated following the law and dept guidelines. Trump has an excuse, what is theirs?

They are good for CNN, nothing more.


---------------------------------------------------------

Comey's quote from his book about President Trump:
I think he’s morally unfit to be president.


Really ??

I think that Comey's boss in the DOJ in the Obama Administration, Loretta Lunch was morally unfit to be the Attorney General. Her 30 minute airport tarmac meeting with the husband of someone under FBI investigation was and is unacceptable.

AG Lynch's request for FBI Director Comey "to downplay the investigation into Clinton's emails by calling it a "matter" rather than an investigation" makes her unfit for her job. FBI Director Comey said that the request "confused and concerned" him.

But Comey, who now declares himself as "unaffiliated," is seen heralded as an impartial viewer of President Trump by the MSM.

I don't buy what Comey's peddling.

I haven't since he peddled his recommendation to the DOJ "that no charges are appropriate in this case." The Clinton email case.


At this point in time, if you’re still convinced Hillary committed a crime, you’re not living in the same reality as the rest of us. You’ll go to your grave without ever seeing her charged so get over it and move on with your life.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 666
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:23 pm

No thanks on Comey for President. His judgment seems to leave a lot to be desired. Plus, he doesn't seem to like politics at all (and seems quite terrible at it).
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: James Comey for President in 2020

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:07 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Understanding the law and following the law/guidelines are two different things. Comey and Bharara blatantly violated following the law and dept guidelines. Trump has an excuse, what is theirs?

They are good for CNN, nothing more.


---------------------------------------------------------

Comey's quote from his book about President Trump:
I think he’s morally unfit to be president.


Really ??

I think that Comey's boss in the DOJ in the Obama Administration, Loretta Lunch was morally unfit to be the Attorney General. Her 30 minute airport tarmac meeting with the husband of someone under FBI investigation was and is unacceptable.

AG Lynch's request for FBI Director Comey "to downplay the investigation into Clinton's emails by calling it a "matter" rather than an investigation" makes her unfit for her job. FBI Director Comey said that the request "confused and concerned" him.

But Comey, who now declares himself as "unaffiliated," is seen heralded as an impartial viewer of President Trump by the MSM.

I don't buy what Comey's peddling.

I haven't since he peddled his recommendation to the DOJ "that no charges are appropriate in this case." The Clinton email case.


At this point in time, if you’re still convinced Hillary committed a crime, you’re not living in the same reality as the rest of us. You’ll go to your grave without ever seeing her charged so get over it and move on with your life.


Wow, you're commenting on my grave and my life, and that I need to move (am I trespassing??). Yeah, I know, typical Leftist... personally attack anyone you don't agree with. Ask them to stop talking, and to go away, or move (on) because YOU have decreed their thought as incorrect.

How High-Minded of you...

I suggest that you get over that others have differing views than you do.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: billyp4850, salttee and 14 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos