KICT

Re: Trump Is Pardoning Scooter Libby

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:26 am

This is bait for the media to distract them from Mueller/Stormy/Russia.

jetero
Topic Author

Trump Is Pardoning Scooter Libby

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:27 am

Holy crap.

If that isn’t a signal to Michael Cohen, I don’t know what is.

Trump should go to jail.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nyt ... y.amp.html

jetero
Topic Author

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:01 am

KICT wrote:

It’s not bait.

It’s a signal to Cohen (and whoever else) that they will be pardoned.

Jouhou

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:38 am

jetero wrote:
KICT wrote:

It’s not bait.

I don't think he's clever enough for that. My theory: Bolton recommended Libby for some cabinet position but he needs to be cleared of his crimes first. Trump never ceases to amaze me with the depth of his idiocy, the most idiotic explanation possible is frequently correct.

jetero
Topic Author

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:24 am

Jouhou wrote:
jetero wrote:
KICT wrote:

It’s not bait.

I don't think he's clever enough for that. My theory: Bolton recommended Libby for some cabinet position but he needs to be cleared of his crimes first. Trump never ceases to amaze me with the depth of his idiocy, the most idiotic explanation possible is frequently correct.

Do you really think Trump thinks that clearly, jouhou?

salttee

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 am

jetero is right, this is a signal to everyone else. There's no need to make any "deals". Trump will probably issue more pardons that all the other presidents combined.

Trump also gains even more support from the AIPAC crowd with this; Libby is a hero of theirs. Politics as usual, Trump style.

jetero
Topic Author

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:57 am

This is history for us in the U.S. It will be a seminal point in whatever happens next. I’d say we got about a month. I also predict Mueller’s first report will come out tomorrow (or important enough parts will be leaked).

Jouhou

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 am

Why pardon a traitor after they've already served their sentence?

jetero
Topic Author

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:14 am

Jouhou wrote:
Why pardon a traitor after they've already served their sentence?

Jouhou has found the head of the nail

Airstud

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 am

I thought Dubya already pardoned Scooter Libby, like ten minutes after the verdict :boggled:
Pancakes are delicious.

ltbewr

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:51 am

Airstud wrote:
I thought Dubya already pardoned Scooter Libby, like ten minutes after the verdict :boggled:

Pres. Bush only commuted his sentence so never saw any jail time or home confinement with a bracelet. Libby was part of the group of people who outed a member of the CIA, Valerie Palme. Trump may have done this to appease the radicals like Bolton who believed the outing of Palme was acceptable although outing and agent of the CIA and like agencies is a very serious crime.

Ken777

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:25 pm

IIRC it was Cheney who pushed Bush really hard for a pardon, but Bush had too much for the law to do that. My bet is that Cheney has been pushing Trump hard and has won him over.

The only benefit now for Libby is that he can again work as a lawyer - but who will want to hire him when there are so many lawyers available?

CCGPV

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:01 pm

He can't pardon state crimes.

One of the reasons the New York Southern District is now involved in the recent raids.
Stay curious

MaverickM11

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:30 pm

What a blast from the past. Who asked for this?
E pur si muove -Galileo

tommy1808

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Ken777 wrote:
The only benefit now for Libby is that he can again work as a lawyer - but who will want to hire him when there are so many lawyers available?

Trump has a problem finding lawyers, right?

Maybe he will get hired ....

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

seb146

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:42 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Airstud wrote:

Pres. Bush only commuted his sentence so never saw any jail time or home confinement with a bracelet. Libby was part of the group of people who outed a member of the CIA, Valerie Palme. Trump may have done this to appease the radicals like Bolton who believed the outing of Palme was acceptable although outing and agent of the CIA and like agencies is a very serious crime.

I thought the right wing talking point was that Plame was simply a secretary at the CIA?

I think tRump was told that he should not fire Mueller, so he was told to do the next best thing: send a message that, whatever Mueller does, tRump's buddies are above the law. How does tRump's threats to bomb Syria play into this? Maybe a distraction?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

MaverickM11

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:52 pm

"In a White House statement announcing the pardon, Trump said, “I don’t know Mr. Libby, but for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.”"

$1 he has no clue who Libby is.
E pur si muove -Galileo

wingman

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Trump calls everyone a liar, today he did it in FULL CAPS THREE TIMES to describe Comey...and then he goes and pardons an actual convicted perjuror the same day. President Trump is like the dog shit you step in and then track into your home, except worse because he's in the WHite House and has tracked it all over this country's dignity. What a fucking scumbag.

WarRI1

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:39 am

wingman wrote:
Trump calls everyone a liar, today he did it in FULL CAPS THREE TIMES to describe Comey...and then he goes and pardons an actual convicted perjuror the same day. President Trump is like the dog shit you step in and then track into your home, except worse because he's in the WHite House and has tracked it all over this country's dignity. What a fucking scumbag.

You got that right, and along with his cronies. I cringe when I watch his defenders mouthing all the lies and distortions, especially on Fox News. Talk about Fake News.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

texdravid

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 am

For your information liberals:

Scooter Libby was prosecuted because Patrick Fitzgerald and the democrats wanted a scalp from the GWB administration. He didn’t even leak Plame’s name as a CIA agent, which everyone knew anyway. She wasn’t covert, she was a desk jockey.

Furthermore the real leaker was Colin Powell’s deputy Richard Armitage, who got off free!
Why? No one touches the supreme affirmative action general Powell, who was the most self serving ass in Bush’s cabinet. He owes everything in his life to Reagan, Bush 41, and Bush 43. Without them he would be another desk general collecting a pension. Overrated narcissistic and ungrateful and his deputy got off.

When he turn coated for Obama in 2009, he made it quite clear he was doing it for purely racial reasons. Because Obama was black. Great, thanks Colin.

Bush 43 left a casualty of a political war on the battlefield to be devoured by the leftist thugs in the media. Trump did the right thing to Pardon him. And no one can take that plenary power away, ha ha.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

seb146

Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 am

texdravid wrote:
For your information liberals:

Scooter Libby was prosecuted because Patrick Fitzgerald and the democrats wanted a scalp from the GWB administration. He didn’t even leak Plame’s name as a CIA agent, which everyone knew anyway. She wasn’t covert, she was a desk jockey.

Furthermore the real leaker was Colin Powell’s deputy Richard Armitage, who got off free!
Why? No one touches the supreme affirmative action general Powell, who was the most self serving ass in Bush’s cabinet. He owes everything in his life to Reagan, Bush 41, and Bush 43. Without them he would be another desk general collecting a pension. Overrated narcissistic and ungrateful and his deputy got off.

When he turn coated for Obama in 2009, he made it quite clear he was doing it for purely racial reasons. Because Obama was black. Great, thanks Colin.

Bush 43 left a casualty of a political war on the battlefield to be devoured by the leftist thugs in the media. Trump did the right thing to Pardon him. And no one can take that plenary power away, ha ha.

Do you have any proof of this? Like other than InfoWars or Fox or TBN or any partisan site?

tommy1808

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:11 am

seb146 wrote:
Do you have any proof of this? Like other than InfoWars or Fox or TBN or any partisan site?

Cool how they try to sneak in the Ideas that Judges and Juries decide whatever the Democratic party tells them and are not independent in their decision making.

Important spin to start early, they need if to paint the Russia investigation as partisan. They have gotten pretty good in ignoring that it is basically run by republicans.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

texdravid

Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:45 pm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-false- ... 1428365673

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard ... al_officer)

Yeah, plenty of proof!

And please do not get all YOUR information from leftist liberal propaganda sites like Huff Post.

OMG the fact that Armitage was the leaker and NOT Libby is so well known that you not knowing this is both telling and frightening.

texdravid

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:10 pm

It’s not my fault you cannot even click on a link. It’s out there.

Armitage answered to Colon Powell.

Case closed. Good day

seb146

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:11 pm

texdravid wrote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-false-evidence-against-scooter-libby-1428365673

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard ... al_officer)

Yeah, plenty of proof!

And please do not get all YOUR information from leftist liberal propaganda sites like Huff Post.

OMG the fact that Armitage was the leaker and NOT Libby is so well known that you not knowing this is both telling and frightening.

Let's see:

I need a subscription to read the first link to the op-ed section of WSJ and the second link Wikipedia says does not exist.

Do you have an actual article and not an op-ed piece from like three years ago?

IF Armitage was the leaker and he worked under Libby, that means Armitage got his marching orders from somewhere higher up, right? LIke, oh, I don't know... SCOOTER LIBBY????

seb146

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:22 pm

texdravid wrote:
It’s not my fault you cannot even click on a link. It’s out there.

Armitage answered to Colon Powell.

Case closed. Good day

I told you that I clicked on both links. One is an op-ed piece. The other says the page does not exist.

You don't even try.

EDIT:

Let me do the work for you:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/08/leak.armitage/

Scooter Libby was found guilty of obstruction of justice, giving false information to investigators, and perjury. Karl Rove and Armitage both admitted to leaking Plame's name and occupation. No one was ever punished for leaking that.

You are connecting dots that simply are not there.

You are done.

Good bye.
Last edited by seb146 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casinterest

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:24 pm

Scooter libby was CONVICTED by his peers in a jury trial for lying and obstruction of justice. George W. Bush commuted his sentence, but would not pardon him due to the fact that he was found guilty. No retrial has been asked for , and as a political favor, Trump has pardoned a man that was part of a callous plan to out a covert spy for political retribution.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jo ... ca2cb980ed

"Plame’s statement:

President Donald Trump has granted a pardon to I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby on the basis that he was “treated unfairly.” That is simply false. Libby was convicted of obstruction of justice and perjury in a fair trial. President George W. Bush closely reviewed the facts in the case at the behest of Vice President Dick Cheney, who urged a pardon. Both the President and the Vice President willingly testified themselves. President Bush declined to issue a pardon, stating “I respect the jury’s verdict.” He added, “And if a person does not tell the truth, particularly if he serves in government and holds the public trust, he must be held accountable.” President’s Trump’s pardon is not based on the truth."
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.