AA747123
Topic Author
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:10 am

Of all the cars you have owned which was your favorite? Right now I have a 2015 Mercedes E350 4Matic, which I really do like. But overall my favorite car was my 2006 BMW 325CI, a real blast to drive!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6561
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:19 am

AA747123 wrote:
Of all the cars you have owned which was your favorite? Right now I have a 2015 Mercedes E350 4Matic, which I really do like. But overall my favorite car was my 2006 BMW 325CI, a real blast to drive!


The paid off ones.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 am

casinterest wrote:
AA747123 wrote:
Of all the cars you have owned which was your favorite? Right now I have a 2015 Mercedes E350 4Matic, which I really do like. But overall my favorite car was my 2006 BMW 325CI, a real blast to drive!


The paid off ones.


Not having to own one is even better.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7859
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 am

A 1980 Volkswagen Scirocco with Tokico struts all round, a 5-speed transmission from a 1986 Golf, and an engine from a 1983 GTI tha pumped out a screaming 110HP!!!.
When this Frankenstein was put together it just LOVED to run. It accelerated easily, ran up through its gears beautifully and loved the road and curves. It was fun and fast and it was a joy to drive.

I loved it.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 10201
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:11 am

Ferrari Testarossa

No, I don't own one ! I've got no answer yet to the question, then.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:26 am

It's a toss up between my current car, a Renault Fluence (a sedan version of the Renault Megane III), and my previous car, a Kia Picanto.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
ACDC8
Posts: 7667
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:29 am

bagoldex wrote:
Not having to own one is even better.

Yeah, no.

I miss my old Mustang GTs, I miss my '89 Peugeot 309 GTi but I'm lovin' my new Golf R - just starting the mods :biggrin:

I sure miss LOT767300 though, I know he'd offer his opinion on the R :rotfl:
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut
 
User avatar
BartSimpson
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 am

A Nissan 100 NX. Fun little targa sportscar, very reliable. Sold it too soon for a boring Ford station wagon.

Image
 
B777LRF
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:17 am

Porsche Boxster, no contest.
From receips and radials over straight pipes to big fans - been there, done that, got the hearing defects to prove
 
fraport
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:45 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:38 am

My actual one: a 2015 Volvo V70 D5 with Polestar Upgrade. One of the last classic Volvos, still with the legendary 5-cylinder engine and a trunk that deserves its name.
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:54 am

Citroen C4 Picasso (the first version). Great little bus for doing literally anything and everything in. It returned a steady 50MPG as well on diesel and although the single-clutch autobox was occasionally irritating it wasn't a bad drive at all.

I still miss that car, 8 years after trading it in.
 
User avatar
787Driver
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 am

Mercedes-Benz S-Class W140. The best car ever built.
 
User avatar
787Driver
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 am

B777LRF wrote:
Porsche Boxster, no contest.


Isn’t that the Porsche model they call a poor man’s Porsche for those that couldn’t afford the 911? ;-)
 
B777LRF
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 am

[threeid][/threeid]
787Driver wrote:
B777LRF wrote:
Porsche Boxster, no contest.


Isn’t that the Porsche model they call a poor man’s Porsche for those that couldn’t afford the 911? ;-)


Yes, absolutely, and I couldn't afford a 911 either when I bought it. Doesn't distract from the fact it's my favourite car of all the ones I've owned.
From receips and radials over straight pipes to big fans - been there, done that, got the hearing defects to prove
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:19 am

I actually love my current Ford Fiesta Mk VII Titanium, super reliable and fun to drive.

Worst car I've owned has got to be a Land Rover Freelander ES. Joynto drive but the most unreliable piece of crap, even worse than a Renault Megane I had (well known for being awful).
 
User avatar
BartSimpson
Posts: 405
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:31 pm

787Driver wrote:
Mercedes-Benz S-Class W140. The best car ever built.


Maybe, but also the worst-looking S-Class ever built...
 
Calder
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 pm

I enjoy my 2010 Nissan Frontier (6 speed) quite a bit. Although I have to say it isn't as fun to drive as my old single cab 1994 Ford Ranger that had all of ~98hp from the factory, but let's be real, it was probably closer to 80 when I got it. It was my first vehicle and the one I learned to drive a manual with. That was a fun little truck.
C. T.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:52 pm

I love my 2012 Volvo XC70 T6. Incredibly comfortable. Perfect car for my lifestyle which combines Chicago traffic/winters, two tall dogs, and low-ceilinged parking garages.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:25 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Not having to own one is even better.

Yeah, no.

I miss my old Mustang GTs, I miss my '89 Peugeot 309 GTi but I'm lovin' my new Golf R - just starting the mods :biggrin:

I sure miss LOT767300 though, I know he'd offer his opinion on the R :rotfl:


With the amount of time I spend traveling and having homes in San Francisco and London, owning a car is a silly expense. On the rare occasion that I feel like driving I'll rent something for the day. If I was stuck living in the burbs driving to work five days a week fifty weeks a year, I'd probably still be a car nut though.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Definitely was my 1985 Toyota Supra - just loved that car, wish I still had it :cloudnine:
 
mham001
Posts: 4955
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Calder wrote:
Although I have to say it isn't as fun to drive as my old single cab 1994 Ford Ranger that had all of ~98hp from the factory, but let's be real, it was probably closer to 80 when I got it. It was my first vehicle and the one I learned to drive a manual with. That was a fun little truck.


Yes they are. I thrashed one for years on mountain roads. The 4 cyl, 5 spd was bullet proof too.

The car I really liked was one that cost me $1,200, a 2001 Ford ZX2. Quite the sleeper, the quickest compact in the US during its production, basically a hotted up 2 door Escort. I loved it for its value too, nobody knew. I still have it, saving for a hoped electric conversion.

Image
 
Chaostheory
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
I actually love my current Ford Fiesta Mk VII Titanium, super reliable and fun to drive.



They are fantastic.

I actually own an ecoboost version which is my baby brother's daily driver. I still reckon the now discontinued non turbo zetec engine is the pick of the bunch. The steering and handling of the fiesta is phenomenal. I'm thinking of picking another one up for a nephew in the next year or so for his first car. He's currently stuck with a Honda Jazz or the "Granny car" as he calls it. Whilst it's still serving him well, it does have an excessive role tendency through the corners.

My favourite would have to be the BMW E30 3 series. Whilst I've never driven one, I think the styling was bang on and I have many happy memories of visiting my great uncle who had one for almost 20 years.
 
910A
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:15 pm

For me a vehicle is to go from one point to another. Therefore my favorite car was my 1967 Renault R-10. Super comfortable, peppy, 35 mpg, easy to work on, and mega storage space.
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Chaostheory wrote:
I actually own an ecoboost version


Me too. Mine is a 1L Ecoboost but pulls just as well as my old 1.6 Megane and smooth and comfortable even at high speed. This is my first Ford, I wish I bought one sooner.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 10201
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Chaostheory wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
I actually love my current Ford Fiesta Mk VII Titanium, super reliable and fun to drive.



They are fantastic.

I actually own an ecoboost version which is my baby brother's daily driver. I still reckon the now discontinued non turbo zetec engine is the pick of the bunch. The steering and handling of the fiesta is phenomenal. I'm thinking of picking another one up for a nephew in the next year or so for his first car. He's currently stuck with a Honda Jazz or the "Granny car" as he calls it. Whilst it's still serving him well, it does have an excessive role tendency through the corners.

My favourite would have to be the BMW E30 3 series. Whilst I've never driven one, I think the styling was bang on and I have many happy memories of visiting my great uncle who had one for almost 20 years.


Are you buying cars only for family or for (internet) friends too ?

I had an E30 coupe (320i) but I didn't mention it as it was in too bad a shape, I kept it in a garage for two years and finally sold it to a mechanic who should be able to give it a new lease on life. One day I might buy another one. I love both the coupe and the cab.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
Chaostheory
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Aesma wrote:

Are you buying cars only for family or for (internet) friends too ?

I had an E30 coupe (320i) but I didn't mention it as it was in too bad a shape, I kept it in a garage for two years and finally sold it to a mechanic who should be able to give it a new lease on life. One day I might buy another one. I love both the coupe and the cab.


Just for family I'm afraid. I was fortunate to have my siblings and extended family spoil me so I figure it's only right that I continue the family tradition. Not to mention car ownership was a lot cheaper when I was a teen. I'm not sure what insurance costs are like in France, but in the UK, it is a ripoff for younger drivers with premiums approaching £3k. My nephew is insured on the aforementioned "Granny car" with my father listed as a primary driver which helped bring the premium down to a more sensible £1300.
 
Chaostheory
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Aesma wrote:

Are you buying cars only for family or for (internet) friends too ?

I had an E30 coupe (320i) but I didn't mention it as it was in too bad a shape, I kept it in a garage for two years and finally sold it to a mechanic who should be able to give it a new lease on life. One day I might buy another one. I love both the coupe and the cab.


Just for family I'm afraid. I was fortunate to have my siblings and extended family spoil me so I figure it's only right that I continue the family tradition. Not to mention car ownership was a lot cheaper when I was a teen. I'm not sure what insurance costs are like in France, but in the UK, it is a ripoff for younger drivers with premiums approaching £3k. My nephew is insured on the aforementioned "Granny car" with my father listed as a primary driver which helped bring the premium down to a more sensible £1300.
 
User avatar
787Driver
Posts: 327
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:53 am

B777LRF wrote:
[threeid][/threeid]
787Driver wrote:
B777LRF wrote:
Porsche Boxster, no contest.


Isn’t that the Porsche model they call a poor man’s Porsche for those that couldn’t afford the 911? ;-)


Yes, absolutely, and I couldn't afford a 911 either when I bought it. Doesn't distract from the fact it's my favourite car of all the ones I've owned.


I was just kidding. I’m sure it was a very nice car to drive.
 
LAH1
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 am

My favourite car has got two wheels and 1000cc. All the others are boxes in comparison.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:12 am

My favourite cars are four of the 5 I own:
Volvo 480 Turbo
Rover P6
Jaguar XJ40 3600
Abarth 595
They are an absolute joy to drive. Pure unadulterated joy.
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 995
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 am

oldannyboy wrote:
My favourite cars are four of the 5 I own:
Volvo 480 Turbo
Rover P6
Jaguar XJ40 3600
Abarth 595
They are an absolute joy to drive. Pure unadulterated joy.

The 3.6 XJ40?
The wife started the rot with a 2.9 XJ40 bought in haste, which I hated from day one because it was an absolute dog. From memory the 3.6 ("Fireball"?) wasn't much better, but the 4.0 were in a different league. I ended up with a pair; the auto for bread-and-butter runs, and a rare manual gearbox 4.0 for thrashing. Plus it was more economical of course.

The Rover P6 has styling that sets it apart. And the first appearance of the 3.5 unit. Please tell me yours is either light tan, or dark green. (It's also ok if it's only a 2200 TC, but I have to draw the line at the 2000 SC) :lol:

Volvo 480 - I see that as a logical progression from the Rover. Same sharp styling.

Abarth 595. Oh dear - and you were doing so well up until that point! . I suppose if I could approach it whilst blindfolded, once I was in the drivers seat it would in fact be a good car to drive as you say. I guess everybody has their own tastes.

For myself; I try to get the best of whatever wheels I am in. Sometimes that means stretching fuel economy, at other times it's overtaking people in a car that is chronically underpowered (e.g. 65 bhp Clio), or crossing a river in an original Land Rover Disco (before they turned into glorified hearses). I used to run mine on 50% diesel + 50% sunflower oil from the corner shop, without any engine mods. And these days if I had another Lotus I would probably stuff it into a ditch within 100 miles, So, each can bring satisfaction in it's own way, with no absolute favorites.
I promised myself I'd leave before the party turned ugly. I would quit at 1000 !
Here I am stuck at 994; each time I'm tempted to post, I find myself wondering who will even read it / what is the point?
Or maybe I've just got nothing left to say.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:47 am

My driving history is quite boring, lots of company cars. I have only owned two cars: BMW 316i and a BMW 118i. Both really good driving cars, I liked them a lot.

In the next two years I want to convert a first generation Porsche 911 to an electric vehicle and use it as my daily driver. That one should be eppic - first my company needs to earn the cash for that, around 150k€.

oldannyboy wrote:
My favourite cars are four of the 5 I own:
Volvo 480 Turbo
Rover P6
Jaguar XJ40 3600
Abarth 595
They are an absolute joy to drive. Pure unadulterated joy.


You've got a fine taste in cars, Danny. ;-)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Dutchy wrote:
My driving history is quite boring, lots of company cars. I have only owned two cars: BMW 316i and a BMW 118i. Both really good driving cars, I liked them a lot.

In the next two years I want to convert a first generation Porsche 911 to an electric vehicle and use it as my daily driver. That one should be eppic - first my company needs to earn the cash for that, around 150k€.

oldannyboy wrote:
My favourite cars are four of the 5 I own:
Volvo 480 Turbo
Rover P6
Jaguar XJ40 3600
Abarth 595
They are an absolute joy to drive. Pure unadulterated joy.


You've got a fine taste in cars, Danny. ;-)


Thank You Sir! ;-)
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
My favourite cars are four of the 5 I own:
Volvo 480 Turbo
Rover P6
Jaguar XJ40 3600
Abarth 595
They are an absolute joy to drive. Pure unadulterated joy.

The 3.6 XJ40?
The wife started the rot with a 2.9 XJ40 bought in haste, which I hated from day one because it was an absolute dog. From memory the 3.6 ("Fireball"?) wasn't much better, but the 4.0 were in a different league. I ended up with a pair; the auto for bread-and-butter runs, and a rare manual gearbox 4.0 for thrashing. Plus it was more economical of course.

The Rover P6 has styling that sets it apart. And the first appearance of the 3.5 unit. Please tell me yours is either light tan, or dark green. (It's also ok if it's only a 2200 TC, but I have to draw the line at the 2000 SC) :lol:

Volvo 480 - I see that as a logical progression from the Rover. Same sharp styling.

Abarth 595. Oh dear - and you were doing so well up until that point! . I suppose if I could approach it whilst blindfolded, once I was in the drivers seat it would in fact be a good car to drive as you say. I guess everybody has their own tastes.

For myself; I try to get the best of whatever wheels I am in. Sometimes that means stretching fuel economy, at other times it's overtaking people in a car that is chronically underpowered (e.g. 65 bhp Clio), or crossing a river in an original Land Rover Disco (before they turned into glorified hearses). I used to run mine on 50% diesel + 50% sunflower oil from the corner shop, without any engine mods. And these days if I had another Lotus I would probably stuff it into a ditch within 100 miles, So, each can bring satisfaction in it's own way, with no absolute favorites.


Well, hello...Yes, the P6 is dark green. :-) Lovely! And FAST. It's a TC2200, with an 'ever so slightly' revised engine. The 480 Turbo, whilst not *extra powerful* is very light, and it's such an amazing car for fast cornering and gathering speed quickly and safely.
I can see where you are coming from with the 595, but once you get beyond the "chavvy bimbo" image and actually try one, you are hooked! They are literally mini-supercars. Pure adrenaline. And the sound is amazing.
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3560
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 pm

I've only had a few cars, and nothing too exciting compared to some here. Thus far I've had a VW Golf type 2 and type 3, a VW Polo type 9N and now I own a Fiat Punto Evo.

There are a lot of prejudices against Fiat, but the Punto has proven itself extremely reliable. Knock on wood, it's only needed regular wear-and-tear repairs. The only real downside of the Fiat is that the paint is incredibly weak. The car is full of scratches and chipped paint. A toddler with a crayon would have done a better job.

This shot was taken outside the Mönchengladbach ATR maintenance and storage centre.
Image

Image
Attamottamotta!
 
seb146
Posts: 17295
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:08 pm

I loved my PT Cruiser. It was big but small, it fit two dogs plus travel gear for us... It was really great. I had a 1982 Nissan Maxima diesel with every electric option possible. That one was nice, too.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
TSS
Posts: 2572
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:14 am

petertenthije wrote:
There are a lot of prejudices against Fiat...


Those aren't prejudices, mate, they're the voices of experience with older Fiat models. Here in the US we fell in love with Fiats and a couple of other European brands (I'm mainly looking at you, Renault), then got our hearts broken when said Fiats (and Renaults) quite literally fell apart under normal use and with regular maintenance. By most accounts Fiat's quality control has improved dramatically during their absence from our shores, but for quite a few of us older guys the "Fool me once…"/"I have eaten bitter fruit and I know the tree it hangs from" rule still applies.

My favorite car was a '72 Dodge Coronet, because it just fit me in a very literal way as no other car has before or since: Seat not too high, steering wheel not too far away, all controls logically placed and within easy reach, and, because I smoked at the time I owned it, an ashtray that did not by small size or poor placement passive-aggressively suggest that I needed to quit smoking (Ford, I'm looking at you on that last one).
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
User avatar
reffado
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:47 am

petertenthije wrote:
I've only had a few cars, and nothing too exciting compared to some here. Thus far I've had a VW Golf type 2 and type 3, a VW Polo type 9N and now I own a Fiat Punto Evo.

There are a lot of prejudices against Fiat, but the Punto has proven itself extremely reliable. Knock on wood, it's only needed regular wear-and-tear repairs. The only real downside of the Fiat is that the paint is incredibly weak. The car is full of scratches and chipped paint. A toddler with a crayon would have done a better job.

This shot was taken outside the Mönchengladbach ATR maintenance and storage centre.
Image

Image


My first car was actually a 2013 Punto Evo. I still miss it. People make fun of Fiat, but it was comfortable, reliable and overall a nice vehicle.

My favorite one is my current baby, though. A 2004 M3 Cabriolet. It’s been a headache at times, but I don’t think there’s many better things to drive on a sunny day down twisty roads. It’s pure bliss.
 
Kno
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 am

2001
7.3 powerstroke diesel f250
with a small lift and slightly bigger tires, plus a big airfilter and 4 inch exhaust. Great truck too bad it had a rusty bed.
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:57 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Chaostheory wrote:
I actually own an ecoboost version


Me too. Mine is a 1L Ecoboost but pulls just as well as my old 1.6 Megane and smooth and comfortable even at high speed. This is my first Ford, I wish I bought one sooner.

Is that the one with the 3cyl engine that can shut one cylinder down in the cruise to save fuel?

That engine interests me. Haven't owned a Ford since 1993.
 
Chaostheory
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Channex757 wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Chaostheory wrote:
I actually own an ecoboost version


Me too. Mine is a 1L Ecoboost but pulls just as well as my old 1.6 Megane and smooth and comfortable even at high speed. This is my first Ford, I wish I bought one sooner.

Is that the one with the 3cyl engine that can shut one cylinder down in the cruise to save fuel?

That engine interests me. Haven't owned a Ford since 1993.


Negative.

The 1.0L ecoboost we're referring to is a full time 3 cylinder engine.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the latest 1.5L ecoboost engine found in some focus offerings is, as you state, a 4 cylinder with shutdown capability.
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm not too sure about all that to be honest, I just know how to drive cars, not their inner workings! I just know it's a joy to drive and much more economical than all my previous cars.

I know that the Focus features the Ecoboost engine too and I've seen some rave reviews.
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:03 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
I'm not too sure about all that to be honest, I just know how to drive cars, not their inner workings! I just know it's a joy to drive and much more economical than all my previous cars.

I know that the Focus features the Ecoboost engine too and I've seen some rave reviews.

I'm going to look into a Fiesta as I'm told their interior space is excellent. Quite fancy the B&O Play version actually.

Spot of Bang and Olufsen in the cabin....if you can't afford Meridian in a Jag then it's the next best thing!
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Channex757 wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
I'm not too sure about all that to be honest, I just know how to drive cars, not their inner workings! I just know it's a joy to drive and much more economical than all my previous cars.

I know that the Focus features the Ecoboost engine too and I've seen some rave reviews.

I'm going to look into a Fiesta as I'm told their interior space is excellent. Quite fancy the B&O Play version actually.

Spot of Bang and Olufsen in the cabin....if you can't afford Meridian in a Jag then it's the next best thing!


Well, I'm 6'5" and certainly not of slim build. And I find it's absolutely fine for interior space.
 
Chaostheory
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Channex757 wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
I'm not too sure about all that to be honest, I just know how to drive cars, not their inner workings! I just know it's a joy to drive and much more economical than all my previous cars.

I know that the Focus features the Ecoboost engine too and I've seen some rave reviews.

I'm going to look into a Fiesta as I'm told their interior space is excellent. Quite fancy the B&O Play version actually.

Spot of Bang and Olufsen in the cabin....if you can't afford Meridian in a Jag then it's the next best thing!


Worth a read:

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/fiesta-2017/

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-c ... -gbp17930/
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:15 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Channex757 wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
I'm not too sure about all that to be honest, I just know how to drive cars, not their inner workings! I just know it's a joy to drive and much more economical than all my previous cars.

I know that the Focus features the Ecoboost engine too and I've seen some rave reviews.

I'm going to look into a Fiesta as I'm told their interior space is excellent. Quite fancy the B&O Play version actually.

Spot of Bang and Olufsen in the cabin....if you can't afford Meridian in a Jag then it's the next best thing!


Well, I'm 6'5" and certainly not of slim build. And I find it's absolutely fine for interior space.

I need to change brands. I'll go out on a limb and state that Vauxhall probably won't exist in 5 years time.

Not a fan of Peugeots, and the latest two new Vauxhall-Opel cars are just Peugeot engines and chassis with a Vauxhall badge.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 5939
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Your most favorite car?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:02 pm

My all-time favorite car is MKIV Jetta with 1.8 Turbo.
 
B777
Posts: 380
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 1999 9:52 am

Re: Your most favorite car?

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:22 am

91 MX-5 Miata

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Airstud, Redd and 21 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos