Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Bolton is in as National Security Advisor ! !

Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:40 am

President Trump's National Security Advisor McMaster is out ... and Bolton is in ! ! ! !

The Left is so excited.... :hyper:

Oh.... wait....

Wrong Bolton....

It's John Bolton instead!!!! ....

Sorry Kimmel :worried:

https://www.thewrap.com/jimmy-kimmel-tr ... hn-bolton/

salttee

Re: Bolton is in as National Security Advisor ! !

Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:55 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Left is so excited....

Yea, I wonder why.

Bolton Fabricated Lies that Justified War on Iraq
http://therealnews.com/t2/story:21434:B ... ar-on-Iraq

I'm sure you were a big fan of the Iraq war, weren't you DIRECTFLT?

Now were probably going to finish the job (of destroying the US) with a war on Iran.

MSPbrandon

Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:08 am

:frown: God help us....

Jouhou

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:59 am

Don't worry, he will fire this guy too over something stupid and petty. (Like refusing to shave his moustache)

Tugger

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:16 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Wrong Bolton....

Yes, we know, most everyone knows that. Glad you realize that too.

But I'm not surprised, Trump is and has been a poor president for the USA so for him to remove someone that is good, has integrity and is well reasoned is not unexpected (I think it was called "fake news" by some a few weeks ago).

Tugg

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:30 am

salttee wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yea, I wonder why.

Now were probably going to finish the job (of destroying the US) with a war on Iran.

Right, *not* a fan of Bush's War.

John Bolton is not wagging the dog with Trump. Bolton was useful to Bush, and Bolton will be useful to President Trump. I trust Trump more than I ever trusted Bush.

Jouhou

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:14 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yea, I wonder why.

John Bolton is not wagging the dog with Trump. Bolton was useful to Bush, and Bolton will be useful to President Trump. I trust Trump more than I ever trusted Bush.

That's uh... unwise. He's gonna break your heart some day man.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:26 am

Jouhou wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:
Yea, I wonder why.

That's uh... unwise. He's gonna break your heart some day man.

No, you're looking at the wrong guy.... Mr. Trump is no Fredo.

MaverickM11

Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:51 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yea, I wonder why.

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night. You gonna enlist to fight whatever dumb war he hoodwinks Trump into or are you just gonna let the little people die for your entertainment?

seb146

Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:27 pm

The only thing Bolton is interested in is death and war

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/23/opin ... viser.html

Bombing DPRK is better than talks. Bombing Iran is better than talks. When was the last time either country attacked the United States? How does this war monger (and you trumpettes) justify war with either/both of those countries?

zkojq

Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:32 pm

So which conflict will Bolton get the US properly drawn into first?
- Yemen
- Iran
- North Korea
- Syria

So many choices, but I'm going to go with Iran.

johns624

Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Whichever one Israel wants us to get into first.

bgm

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:46 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:
Yea, I wonder why.

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night. You gonna enlist to fight whatever dumb war he hoodwinks Trump into or are you just gonna let the little people die for your entertainment?

He'll probably dodge it due to bonerspurs like his idol.

salttee

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:54 pm

johns624 wrote:
Whichever one Israel wants us to get into first.

That would be Iran.
But Bolton is hot on North Korea too, so it's possible we'll get bogged down in Korea before we get bogged down in Iran.

In a way that seems like the most pleasant of all realistic possibilities because that way we might not get to Iran before we get the next Dem in the White House.

LMP737

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:22 pm

Bolton represents what the GOP is. Bunch of guys who found an excuse to stay out of danger yet are more than willing to send someone else's kids to die or be crippled for life.

wingman

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Yep, one war-mongering coward reporting to a pussy who refused to serve his country 5 times during Vietnam. Right up there with Cheney sending everyone's else's kids to die for nothing.

LMP737

Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:06 pm

wingman wrote:
Yep, one war-mongering coward reporting to a pussy who refused to serve his country 5 times during Vietnam. Right up there with Cheney sending everyone's else's kids to die for nothing.

That's it in a nutshell. The GOP has gone from "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." to “I would bomb the shit out of ’em. I would just bomb those suckers.” and surrounding themselves with war mongers.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:24 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:
Yea, I wonder why.

Trump is not going to be "hoodwinked". I believe he'll do the right thing. Which won't include appeasement. Since the end of the Civil War, more Americans have died fighting wars under Democratic/Progresive Presidents, than under Republican Presidents. Take comfort in that, if you can.

seb146

Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:35 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Trump is not going to be "hoodwinked". I believe he'll do the right thing. Which won't include appeasement. Since the end of the Civil War, more Americans have died fighting wars under Democratic/Progresive Presidents, than under Republican Presidents. Take comfort in that, if you can.

WWII is a bit different than Vietnam or Korea or Grenada or Iraq...

SheikhDjibouti

Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:34 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Since the end of the Civil War, more Americans have died fighting wars under Democratic/Progresive Presidents, than under Republican Presidents. Take comfort in that, if you can.

Where did you get that lump of horse excrement from; the Bumper Book of Useless Facts?

In the presidential election of 1916, Woodrow Wilson defeated Republican Charles Evans Hughes by a narrow margin. Did his ticket include a promise to take America into WWI a year later? I'm reading that Wilson was renominated without opposition, and employed his campaign slogan "He kept us out of war". In fact, even after the Zimmermann Telegram, in which Germany attempted to enlist Mexico as a fighting ally. Wilson's reaction after consulting the cabinet and the Congress was a minimal one – that diplomatic relations with the Germans be brought to a halt. The president said, "We are the sincere friends of the German people and earnestly desire to remain at peace with them. We shall not believe they are hostile to us unless or until we are obliged to believe it".
Are you telling me that Republican President would have done anything different?

When FDR was elected for the first of four terms in 1932, did anybody check their crystal ball and decide he would be exactly the right man to take America into WWII when Japan attacked out of the blue in December 1941? Once again; he just happened to be the man on the spot, and just happened to be a Democrat too. Or would a Republican President have listened to reports of the attack on Pearl Harbor, and then simply rolled over in bed and gone back to sleep?

Did your book of useless facts also mention that in reality it all hinged on who was in power on 7th Dec 1941?
Excluding the tenure of Abe Lincoln during the Civil War, more Americans died under FDR fighting WWII, than all the Democratic and Republican Presidents, before or since.

The bottom line is that the US just happened to have a Democrat in the White House at key moments in world history, not that Democrats were responsible for engineering that world history per se. But thanks for your useful observation; it shows you've got a real handle on US politics and history. :shakehead:

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:20 am

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Since the end of the Civil War, more Americans have died fighting wars under Democratic/Progresive Presidents, than under Republican Presidents. Take comfort in that, if you can.

Where did you get that lump of horse excrement from; the Bumper Book of Useless Facts?

Here's a load for you to digest SheikhDjibouti...

People are freaked out about any moves that Donald Trump makes, just because he's a Republican (and *not* a Democrat). As long as there was a Democratic "Hillary Administration" cheer-leading the Progressive Left's social agenda, then they wouldn't be in constant "Freak Out Mode" about Foreign Policy, no matter how Benghazi-like, under Hillary.

Mir

Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
People are freaked out about any moves that Donald Trump makes, just because he's a Republican (and *not* a Democrat).

No, people are freaked out about him because he's Donald Trump, and thus has no idea what the hell he's doing, is potentially corrupted by foreign governments, and is easily swayed by flattery and ass-kissing. Him being a Republican has nothing to do with it.

At least you knew McMaster's advice was responsible. Bolton will happily brownnose to get what he wants, which is confrontation.

seb146

Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:47 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

People are freaked out about any moves that Donald Trump makes, just because he's a Republican (and *not* a Democrat). As long as there was a Democratic "Hillary Administration" cheer-leading the Progressive Left's social agenda, then they wouldn't be in constant "Freak Out Mode" about Foreign Policy, no matter how Benghazi-like, under Hillary.

You make a statement, that statement is challenged and you make the typical snowflake rightie response, right on cue: Hillary.

[slow clap]

Debate is over, this thread is won. Hillary has been blamed. Lock the thread.

Jouhou

Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:55 am

Mir wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
People are freaked out about any moves that Donald Trump makes, just because he's a Republican (and *not* a Democrat).

No, people are freaked out about him because he's Donald Trump, and thus has no idea what the hell he's doing, is potentially corrupted by foreign governments, and is easily swayed by flattery and ass-kissing. Him being a Republican has nothing to do with it.

At least you knew McMaster's advice was responsible. Bolton will happily brownnose to get what he wants, which is confrontation.

I second that. The Republican party changed their platform for him, not the other way around. He does not espouse supposed Republican values, although he does pander to them.

BestWestern

Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:32 am

The only way Trump will win the next election will be a war.

Jouhou

Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:06 am

BestWestern wrote:

This only works if the public can be convinced we are the "good guys". Currently, any potential wars I don't see us being able to justify.

salttee

Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:07 am

seb146 wrote:
WWII is a bit different than Vietnam or Korea or Grenada or Iraq...

There is also the fact that in today's (post Nixon "southern strategy") paradigm, LBJ would be a red state conservative - aka Republican.

bgm

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:33 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Are you actually serious when you're writing this crap? Part of me desperately wants to believe you're just trolling; rather than actually believing what you're excrementing.

salttee

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:53 am

bgm wrote:
Are you actually serious when you're writing this crap? Part of me desperately wants to believe you're just trolling; rather than actually believing what you're excrementing.

IMO they are just reverting to their juvenile persona - it feels so comfortable for these people who never left that very far behind.
Their "argument" sounds exactly like that of an overexcited eleven year old to me.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:56 pm

BestWestern wrote:

Yes... a "Culture War"

BestWestern

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:16 pm

No.. a guns, tanks and religious war...

MaverickM11

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:30 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Trump is so stupid he’d be convinced by a sock puppet, or anything any Faux blond bimbo says on the boob tube, including Steve Doocy.

seb146

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:34 pm

I am thinking out loud here but I wonder if tRump replacing people has something to do with Fox "news" channel? I mean, when they introduce someone for their "fair and balanced" reports, the host lists their credentials. If tRump is so enamored with that channel, it would make sense that he would look to them to fill his needed positions, right?

CitizenJustin

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:43 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:
Yea, I wonder why.

Let the little people die for entertainment, which is a common occurrence on the right. Then, if the brave who’ve sacrificed much for this country are found out to be liberal, the claws come out and their accomplishments suddenly mean nothing. An example is Trump and his deplorables criticizing McCain even though he has more honor and accomplishments than all of them combined. Another example is the gold star family, who was subjected to hatred, including racism simply for disagreeing with dear leader Trump. These people are truly nasty individuals with no sense or honor, decency or moral code.

CitizenJustin

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:51 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I wonder how many times you’ve said Hillary while posting here? You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with her. Hillary, Bill and Obama are history, so let’s stop with the “but Hillary, but Obama, but Bill” strategy and get on with it.

jetero

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:55 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:

I wonder how many times you’ve said Hillary while posting here? You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with her. Hillary, Bill and Obama are history, so let’s stop with the “but Hillary, but Obama, but Bill” strategy and get on with it.

They win ... (historic victory ... remember?)

Have control of White House and both houses of Congress ...

And. They. Can’t. Stop. WHINING.

Why can’t you just praise us blindly they ask?

It’s so unfair they say!

Leave us alone they say!

POOR BABIES!!!

[sadface]

Jalap

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:56 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
When FDR was elected for the first of four terms in 1932, did anybody check their crystal ball and decide he would be exactly the right man to take America into WWII when Japan attacked out of the blue in December 1941? Once again; he just happened to be the man on the spot, and just happened to be a Democrat too. Or would a Republican President have listened to reports of the attack on Pearl Harbor, and then simply rolled over in bed and gone back to sleep?

Another view could be that another president could have avoided being hit by Japan that day. It was not exactly the "America first" line of thinking that upset the relations with Japan or Hitler.

Surely most people today agree that the right choices were made back then. But are we really that certain that things couldn't have gone the other way if another president was in charge? Looking at the kind of people that manage to get elected today...

salttee

Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:32 pm

You guys should include the actual reality of what was going on back then (actual history).

By late 1940, Roosevelt had made his choice and was leading the nation into war while the Republicans were grudgingly conceding that the nation was resolved to support Britain instead of Germany as they had hoped. If any one person deserves credit for swaying the country away from Germany and towards support for Britain it was Edward R. Murrow who had his crew broadcast live from cities in Europe (including London during the blitz) and brought the horrors of the Nazi program to the public.

During the 1940 election cycle, the Republicans quite cynically ran an anti-war campaign even knowing that there was no recourse to war, and that the nation needed to re-industrialize and re-arm in order to survive a two front war which was obviously in the near future (the only things that could have stopped the war at that point would have been a completely re-armed USA or going the Republican way and joining hands with Hitler). To his credit, Wendell Willkie the Republican candidate, almost immediately after the election threw his support to Roosevelt and the war effort.

By August 1941, George Marshall was the CIC of the US military and had informed the people who needed to know that the US would be capable of offensive operations around June of 1942 (and he was dead on, as operation sword took place on that schedule).

So in early December 1941, Roosevelt was biding his time knowing that the US wasn't ready quite yet, Germany was by far the primary concern and Japan was on the back burner. Roosevelt and Marshall didn't want war with Japan (yet), Japan was considered more of a nuisance factor than an existential threat.

BTW, DIRECTFLT's misuse of statistics proves nothing.

einsteinboricua

Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:23 am

Does anyone remember how conservatives screamed that Hillary was too much of a hawk because she approved the war resolution into Iraq and how Trump was gonna be different for a war-weary nation?

Bringing Bolton doesn't exactly scream "dove", does it?

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:49 am

FDR's Administration .... Turned away a ship of German Jewish exiles from landing in the US. They could find no one to take them in N.A., and they ended up in Europe somewhere. And that that somewhere was eventually taken over by Germany, and you can guess what happened to them...

Gotta love FDR... buddies with Stalin, who ended up murdering more than even Hitler, by one means or another.

And Putin ?? You're so freaked out about Trump & Russia, when compared to Stalin's Russia... well, there is no comparison. The Big Picture IS... the Big Picture. Truman... He was right on Israel, and wrong on China. Wrong on Japan also. We could have starved Japan into submission, and saved those a-bombs for Stalin's Russia. But, I digress..

WarRI1

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:59 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
FDR's Administration .... Turned away a ship of German Jewish exiles from landing in the US. They could find no one to take them in N.A., and they ended up in Europe somewhere. And that that somewhere was eventually taken over by Germany, and you can guess what happened to them...

Gotta love FDR... buddies with Stalin, who ended up murdering more than even Hitler, by one means or another.

And Putin ?? You're so freaked out about Trump & Russia, when compared to Stalin's Russia... well, there is no comparison. The Big Picture IS... the Big Picture. Truman... He was right on Israel, and wrong on China. Wrong on Japan also. We could have starved Japan into submission, and saved those a-bombs for Stalin's Russia. But, I digress..

I do believe that you maybe rambling, calm down, relax, now you guys are not content with blaming the Clinton's and the Obama's for everything, now you are reaching back 70 years or more to accuse, and accuse anybody Democratic with everything in modern history that has gone wrong. Wait awhile, we will see where Trump ends up on the list of great Presidents, I do not fear that he will pass over FDR or Truman, or Clinton Trust me on that.

salttee

Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:53 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yes, you digress. Which is it DF? Was FDR a pacifist as you now say, or a war monger as you were implying in your earlier post?

BTW
It was actually the Zionist leadership who created the policies that turned the St Louis away. Read up on the Evian Conference, where the Zionists blocked the proposal to buy the refugees from Hitler. The Jews who were still in Germany at that time were the faction who opposed creating an Israeli State in the Levant by force of arms - so were seen as an enemy by the Zionists. They were intentionally thrown to the wolves. So much for the Holocaust museums.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89vian_Conference

seb146

Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:14 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

And I thought I was the only one who's favorite phrase was "Get off my lawn!"

Let's flash forward to 2018, shall we?

We already know Bolton's favorite go-to move is bombing. Russia wants to fight a war but not use any of it's equipment or money, so why not use a stooge like tRump to take out Russia's enemies? Yes, it is a huge stretch and the stuff of historical fiction, but still very possible.

Let's focus on how much of a war supporter this current administration is and not side track to Hillary, Obama, FDR, Lincoln, Stalin, Hitler, Selassie, Jayewardene.....

kaitak

Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:03 am

Quite frankly, it amazes me that someone so closely connected with (and still defending) the Iraq war is allowed anywhere near the administration , let alone be considers for a very senior role in it. This in itself does not augur well. His comments about Iran & the DPRK shows that he has learned nothing.

The real tragedy about any conflict with Iran is with the nuclear deal, the US was on a path (admittedly a very long one) to normalising relations and now, this administration's path will take it on a road that shows it as being clearly following Israel's interests, not its own. But worse still, it will be shown as a country which cannot be relied on to adhere to treaties into which it entered. No one in the current administration seems to be aware of the long term damage this will this do America's credibility .

I can only surmise that one of the reasons for Bolton's appointment was that, given the turmoil in the WH and trump's reputation, the pool of people willing to serve under him is declining rapidly .

This appointment is going to have a negative effect on America's interests.

bgm

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:33 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

This may be a stab in the dark, but did you take a lot of acid in the 70s?

WIederling

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:50 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
We could have starved Japan into submission, and saved those a-bombs for Stalin's Russia..

Nukes on Japan was for having some fun with new toys ( Military ) and showing the Hammer to the Soviet Union.
Lastly preempting the SU entry into the Pacific War was high priority. No sharing of spoils there.

Dutchy

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am

WIederling wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
We could have starved Japan into submission, and saved those a-bombs for Stalin's Russia..

Nukes on Japan was for having some fun with new toys ( Military ) and showing the Hammer to the Soviet Union.
Lastly preempting the SU entry into the Pacific War was high priority. No sharing of spoils there.

The Soviet Union hardly focused on Japan, it stayed neutral for a great part of the war, only in that last stages the Soviet Union grabbed some island and some land and hold on to it. As a result, Russia and Japan are still at war (officially), I think. The nukes weren't the reason for the Japanese surrender, they didn't want to be at the mercy of the Soviet Union, so they surrendered to the Americans with one condition, they could keep their emperor.

WIederling

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:52 am

Dutchy wrote:
WIederling wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

The Soviet Union hardly focused on Japan, it stayed neutral for a great part of the war, only in that last stages the Soviet Union grabbed some island and some land and hold on to it. As a result, Russia and Japan are still at war (officially), I think. The nukes weren't the reason for the Japanese surrender, they didn't want to be at the mercy of the Soviet Union, so they surrendered to the Americans with one condition, they could keep their emperor.

3 month after end of hostilities in Europe the SU was to enter the Pacific War in aid to the US.
* Capitulation Deutsche Wehrmacht May 7. 1945 effective May 8. 23:00 MET
* SU declaration of War on Japan Aug. 8. 1945 (exactly 3 month later.)

"At the February 1945 Yalta Conference, Stalin agreed that the Soviet Union would enter the war against Japan three months after Germany’s surrender. The Yalta declaration gave Moscow back southern Sakhalin, which Japan had seized during the Russo-Japanese War in 1904-05, as well as the Kurile Island chain to which Russia had renounced its claim in 1875. Mongolia was also to be recognized as an independent state (it was already a Soviet client), and Soviet interests in the naval base at the Chinese port of Port Arthur (Dalian) and the Manchurian railway that it had controlled before 1905 were to be respected."

quote from:
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-bu ... ters-13628
repeated:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yalta_Con ... Key_points

It all is a bit more complicated than simple minds want to make it out to be.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:52 pm

salttee wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yes, you digress. Which is it DF? Was FDR a pacifist as you now say, or a war monger as you were implying in your earlier post?

BTW
It was actually the Zionist leadership who created the policies that turned the St Louis away. Read up on the Evian Conference, where the Zionists blocked the proposal to buy the refugees from Hitler. The Jews who were still in Germany at that time were the faction who opposed creating an Israeli State in the Levant by force of arms - so were seen as an enemy by the Zionists. They were intentionally thrown to the wolves. So much for the Holocaust museums.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89vian_Conference

WoW--That's quite a statement there salttee, or should I say .... Herr salttee :eek:

salttee

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:15 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
WoW--That's quite a statement there salttee, or should I say .... Herr salttee :eek:

DF, your lack of intellect is showing.

And Which is it DF? Was FDR a pacifist as you now say, or a war monger as you were implying in your earlier post?