coolian2
Topic Author

More CNN Fake News?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:09 am

Huge if true. If true.....

MSPbrandon

Re: More CNN Fake News?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:31 am

So.. is this meant to be a joke? are you trolling?
There is no way that's a real headline, CNN isn't that dumb.

WarRI1

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:38 am

MSPbrandon wrote:

Obviously a put on making fun of tRumps fake news daily barrage. I find it rather amusing. :checkmark:

MSPbrandon

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 am

WarRI1 wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:

Obviously a put on making fun of tRumps fake news daily barrage. I find it rather amusing. :checkmark:

got it. went right over my head.

WarRI1

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:55 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:

I have been there a few times myself on here. ;)

Jouhou

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:16 am

It's hard to tell these days

WarRI1

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:43 am

Jouhou wrote:

It is getting harder day by day. I only watch the major networks, never on the internet for news. I even watch Fox to convince myself of the slanted news problem. I even have trouble now with our local NBC Affiliate which is now owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group. Many complaints now because of their now Conservative slant on the News. sometimes so obvious, I turn it off.

Jouhou

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:55 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

It is getting harder day by day. I only watch the major networks, never on the internet for news. I even watch Fox to convince myself of the slanted news problem. I even have trouble now with our local NBC Affiliate which is now owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group. Many complaints now because of their now Conservative slant on the News. sometimes so obvious, I turn it off.

I use news wire services ( ap, reuters, france24), business news (Bloomberg), and international news outlets to try getting an accurate picture. My preferred sources are reuters and bloomberg, these get daily visits from me.

seb146

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:44 am

The Onion does not even have to try anymore. And it is a shame. They were actually really clever and funny when they had to work for it.

Route66

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:29 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:

apparently it went over more heads than yours. it is making fun of the daily media attempts to associate any and all current government officials with a Russian. CNN makes a killing on this. But people will believe what they want to believe...

Jouhou

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:34 am

Route66 wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

apparently it went over more heads than yours. it is making fun of the daily media attempts to associate any and all current government officials with a Russian. CNN makes a killing on this. But people will believe what they want to believe...

The Trump admin IS associated with Russians. That's real, yes.

bgm

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:19 am

Jouhou wrote:
Route66 wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:

Exactly. Why do you think Trump refuses to release his tax return? Most likely because it'll show how indebted he is with the Russians. Why else would he withhold it?

Jouhou

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:36 am

bgm wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Route66 wrote:

Exactly. Why do you think Trump refuses to release his tax return? Most likely because it'll show how indebted he is with the Russians. Why else would he withhold it?

It might not even be that simple. God knows what tax returns look like for someone constructing buildings for the purpose of being a vehicle for money laundering. Fortunately, it's said Mueller is sharing information with the New York AG. That means he can't pardon himself or his family, and firing Mueller won't prevent Trump himself from being Indicted. So there's no doubt that trump will be held accountable, but he's doing so much damage to us NOW. Meanwhile, his rabid supporters are still sipping their kool aid while Trump commits crimes in plain sight. It's true, he could shoot someone in broad daylight on fifth avenue and he wouldn't lose his base.

Also, there was a recent study saying his supporters literally think he is the character he played on TV. LOL reality shows aren't real, guys. This is being presented as a possible reason why they're so delusional on what kind of person he is.

tommy1808

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 am

Jouhou wrote:
bgm wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

It might not even be that simple. .

:checkmark:

Few people would go for a life in prison to avoid another bankruptcy, but if the alternative is going to prison for life anyways, committing treason becomes a hell lot more attractive. There is probably some "live out your life in Prison or free in Russia" thing going on. I would not be surprised if there is a surprise state visit to Russia at some point, with Trump refusing to get back on AF1 at the end.

Just money won´t really cut it. It would also make his "there was no collusion" mantra true, if you are blackmailed one may argue you don´t really collude....

best regards
Thomas

Jouhou

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:26 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
bgm wrote:

Few people would go for a life in prison to avoid another bankruptcy, but if the alternative is going to prison for life anyways, committing treason becomes a hell lot more attractive. There is probably some "live out your life in Prison or free in Russia" thing going on. I would not be surprised if there is a surprise state visit to Russia at some point, with Trump refusing to get back on AF1 at the end.

Just money won´t really cut it. It would also make his "there was no collusion" mantra true, if you are blackmailed one may argue you don´t really collude....

best regards
Thomas

Meanwhile, Europe can help a brotha out by finding that kompromat and exposing it to speed this process along 8-)

bhill

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
bgm wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Not sure there is value in this for Col. Putin...with Trump in exile what value would he have for for Russia? At least now as a puppet, he can trash the USA while in office...

OA412

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:12 pm

bgm wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Route66 wrote:

I think that's absolutely true, but it's only one part of the equation. Another theory is that his tax return would, very probably, expose him as being worth far less than he claims to be worth.

notaxonrotax

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:01 am

OA412 wrote:
I think that's absolutely true, but it's only one part of the equation. Another theory is that his tax return would, very probably, expose him as being worth far less than he claims to be worth.

A so called "asset measuring contest"??
Interesting theory!
His ego is certainly big enough for such petty reasoning, so I am kind of on board with this idea.
He's just that type of guy!

No Tax On Rotax

tommy1808

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 am

bhill wrote:
Not sure there is value in this for Col. Putin...with Trump in exile what value would he have for for Russia? At least now as a puppet, he can trash the USA while in office...

Unless you are assuming that Trump is crazy with a death-wish, Putin must have given him a way out. Jail now or Jain sometime in the next couple of years isn´t all that attractive.

Putin gave Trump a script how to do damage that sustains beyond his presidency. Putting of the heads of allied nations can pretty much be fixed with one "the loony is gone, sorry for that" phone call, but playing a role in TPP negotiations is a ship that has sailed, once the Embassy is in Jerusalem the "you can steal land and keep it" precedent for Russia/Crimea is set and won´t go away and so on and so forth. Don´t forget the tax cuts and the massive deficit spending Trump has initiated.

It doesn´t take that much of a trigger to go from, high but manageable, 100% of GDP in national debt to go to default as a nation state. If you compare the prices for crude oil over different currencies, it would seem a bit like the USD has lost its benchmark role even in the most USD centric market of it all. So maybe higher interest rates treasury bonds in the future? Just like Greece. Now that was and is a rather tiny economy that can be bailed out..... the US? Not so much.

Trump in office is fun to watch, but the meaningful damage is long term, not four years of chaos.

best regards
Thomas

DIRECTFLT

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 am

Corporate Media Conditioning - What's seems like a local initiative is crafted offsite...

https://youtu.be/kjVRWyZJ6Ao

Multiple TV stations give the exact same talk..