Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

stratosphere
Topic Author

Dems said they will offer McCabe a job

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:21 am

I had my laugh today the dems said they will offer 49 year old Mccabe a job. Man the FBI must age a dude he looks like 10 years older than me and I am 55.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-mcc ... ob-offers/

WarRI1

Re: Dems said they will offer McCabe a job

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 am

That is a laugh, because they will fight over him on the MSM, the Republicans are great at using that term by the way. He will have a job in a blink as a paid Commentator. I will bet at a higher salary also.

D L X

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:40 am

Maybe, but right now, he’s out probably a million dollars in well-earned pension.

The Dems are saving the United States a lot of money in legal fees by doing this.

You’re welcome.

WarRI1

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:17 am

D L X wrote:
Maybe, but right now, he’s out probably a million dollars in well-earned pension.

The Dems are saving the United States a lot of money in legal fees by doing this.

You’re welcome.

That is why I said he should go to court for justice. He deserves his pension. He was effectively retired. I hope the court see that also. A dirty political trick as usual. tRumps makes tricky Dickie Nixon look like a nice guy.

NIKV69

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:18 am

D L X wrote:

Should of thought that before he mislead investigators and leaked stuff to the media

WarRI1

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:27 am

NIKV69 wrote:
D L X wrote:

Should of thought that before he mislead investigators and leaked stuff to the media

You are leveling unproved charges as though they are in fact truth. A court decision usually does that.

NIKV69

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:50 am

WarRI1 wrote:

You are leveling unproved charges as though they are in fact truth. A court decision usually does that.

You mean the FBI disciplinary office don't you? I am merely going on what his own people have said. In time the truth will come out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... a8dc24230a

salttee

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:50 am

NIKV69 wrote:
You mean the FBI disciplinary office don't you?

The neocons and Trump fans of the FBI have been installed in the FBI disciplinary office in the same way that the courts have been and are being packed.

This is all very Mussolinian. This follows the tried and true pattern of Fascist regimes as seen through history. The absolute dealmaker here is the all inclusive Jewish vote. With their support, Trump may be able to preform a makeover of the American political system to a system that has the architecture of a fascist state.

Is this what you want NIK69?

Jouhou

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:38 am

Current outcry is that they won't release the ig report they are using as basis of termination. It's suspicious and what they formally fired him for is what 60% of the population realizes was manufactured partisan bs. Also, he's a damn Republican. Just like mueller. And Comey used to be a republican. It's insane that they are eating their own in this way.

WarRI1

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:12 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

You mean the FBI disciplinary office don't you? I am merely going on what his own people have said. In time the truth will come out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... a8dc24230a

Maybe I have it wrong, but I always thought that when you have a need for justice, the court administers that. Who stands in front of the USSC Court in Washington? Last time I was aware, it was Lady Justice carrying the scales of Justice. When and if McCabe files a court case, he will be seeking justice, not punishment for unproven or incorrect charges or penalties.

seb146

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Current outcry is that they won't release the ig report they are using as basis of termination. It's suspicious and what they formally fired him for is what 60% of the population realizes was manufactured partisan bs. Also, he's a damn Republican. Just like mueller. And Comey used to be a republican. It's insane that they are eating their own in this way.

There are (at least) two factions in the Republican party: tRump loyalists and true Republicans. IMO, the true Republicans are the ones being fired and replaced and helping with the Russia investigation.

Jouhou

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:04 pm

seb146 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

There are (at least) two factions in the Republican party: tRump loyalists and true Republicans. IMO, the true Republicans are the ones being fired and replaced and helping with the Russia investigation.

I know. Ive disagreed with most of the Republican platform for my whole life, but their stances were always far more reasonable than that of Trumpism. This divide is even causing me to root for Trey Gowdy now. He might have been a partisan hack, but it's clear now even he has limits and knows when partisan spin starts becoming destructive to the country.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Well that's the same thing as saying CNN will offer McCabe a job.

He can sit next to Michael Steele, is that makes you happy.

Jouhou

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:58 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Well that's the same thing as saying CNN will offer McCabe a job.

He can sit next to Michael Steele, is that makes you happy.

No, it's not. It gets him the extra time he needs to be able to receive early retirement through fers without fighting a costly and winnable court battle to receive it.

Also, considering McCabe is a republican, I'm surprised there aren't any Rs offering the same.

MSPNWA

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:16 pm

salttee wrote:
The neocons and Trump fans of the FBI have been installed in the FBI disciplinary office in the same way that the courts have been and are being packed.

So now you're implying that the FBI can't be trusted because of who may be involved? Do you realize what you're now admitting?

salttee

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:11 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
So now you're implying that the FBI can't be trusted because of who may be involved? Do you realize what you're now admitting?

More neocon hyperlogic here: you begin by hypothesizing that I said that "the FBI can't be trusted", which is a pretty nebulous accusation, which I did not make. Then you extrapolate that falsehood into some kind of "admission" on my part.

Neocon hyperlogic is a truly awesome spectacle, but it sure does lead you guys to some fanciful beliefs.

Jouhou

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:18 pm

salttee wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

More neocon hyperlogic here: you begin by hypothesizing that I said that "the FBI can't be trusted", which is a pretty nebulous accusation, which I did not make. Then you extrapolate that falsehood into some kind of "admission" on my part.

Neocon hyperlogic is a truly awesome spectacle, but it sure does lead you guys to some fanciful beliefs.

Ahem. They're playing 4D chess, clearly. Checkmate, libcuck.

coolian2

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:30 pm

stratosphere wrote:
I had my laugh today the dems said they will offer 49 year old Mccabe a job. Man the FBI must age a dude he looks like 10 years older than me and I am 55.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-mcc ... ob-offers/

I never new your age and IQ were the same

910A

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:02 am

D L X wrote:

I'm not sure about that. FERS (the federal retirement system) is really a lousy retirement plan. 1.7% at 20 yrs combine with the low starting salary. He probably at a GS-15 or so. So that's about 36% of his top three salary. So say he is making $172K that works out to be roughly $62K in retirement. Which is hard to shallow when a highway patrolman in California and other agencies assistant district attorneys in the golden state working for 30 years without promoting at all will make over $100K.

https://www.fbiagentedu.org/salaries/ My figures were based off this link how accurate it is I don't know.

D L X

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 am

NIKV69 wrote:
D L X wrote:

Believe it or not, Nick, McCabe was entitled due process as a career federal employee. He didn't get it. Instead, an investigation was rushed through (and done inter partes) to prevent him from receiving his earned pension.

Do you believe in a lawless society like that, Mr. Conservative?

It's funny how much conservatives have become opposed to law enforcement in the era of Trump.

D L X

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:55 am

910A wrote:
D L X wrote:

I'm not sure about that. FERS (the federal retirement system) is really a lousy retirement plan. 1.7% at 20 yrs combine with the low starting salary. He probably at a GS-15 or so. So that's about 36% of his top three salary. So say he is making $172K that works out to be roughly $62K in retirement. Which is hard to shallow when a highway patrolman in California and other agencies assistant district attorneys in the golden state working for 30 years without promoting at all will make over $100K.

https://www.fbiagentedu.org/salaries/ My figures were based off this link how accurate it is I don't know.

McCabe was SES. Over the life of the pension, that would very likely be worth a million dollars or more.

Jouhou

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 am

D L X wrote:
910A wrote:
D L X wrote:

McCabe was SES. Over the life of the pension, that would very likely be worth a million dollars or more.

... Does that one pay for the high five like the old system?

D L X

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:36 am

McCabe's pension was worth nearly 2 Million Dollars.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/andrew-mcc ... 8-million/

He earned that, so you can bet your ass he'd sue for it if the Dems didn't offer him a federal job. So, I reiterate to my conservative friends: the Dems just saved us $2M.

777222LR

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:02 am

I'm sorry, but Trumpers literally defy logic...because they have none. What is it about Donald Trump that you love so much? Like, literally, a list. None of this "deflect to Obama/Hillary" crap that he pulls. The man is a moron. He's completely turning the tables of law and order, and America is not "great again." We are worse off. Russia is interfering in not only our elections, but also trying to hack into our water, electric, and nuclear plants. Trumps says nothing. There's something there, and the truth will come out. This is no longer a referendum on Obama or Hillary. Your man is the president. He is NOT a republican. He's pushing fascism, and sticks knives in cultural wounds to divide us. Something is very off in this country. This is not who we are. Trump is not who we are. When are you going to stop defending this?

seb146

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 am

777222LR wrote:
I'm sorry, but Trumpers literally defy logic...because they have none. What is it about Donald Trump that you love so much? Like, literally, a list. None of this "deflect to Obama/Hillary" crap that he pulls. The man is a moron. He's completely turning the tables of law and order, and America is not "great again." We are worse off. Russia is interfering in not only our elections, but also trying to hack into our water, electric, and nuclear plants. Trumps says nothing. There's something there, and the truth will come out. This is no longer a referendum on Obama or Hillary. Your man is the president. He is NOT a republican. He's pushing fascism, and sticks knives in cultural wounds to divide us. Something is very off in this country. This is not who we are. Trump is not who we are. When are you going to stop defending this?

As long as they can blame Obama or either Clinton, in their minds, they have won.

I miss the days of "what does this gain us" and "how much can this cut our deficit" and "how does this improve our standing in the world". Remember when Bush II decided to ramp up the troop numbers in Iraq? There was debate over how this was good for us and the world. Some of us liked the surge, some of us didn't. We debated ROI and cost of life and brainiac things.

I miss learning things.....

MSPNWA

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:51 am

salttee wrote:

We're way past a hypothesis. I'm challenging you on your clear implication that some people cannot be trusted. I'll spell out your implication. You're implying that because "pro-Trump" people may be in certain FBI offices, the FBI's report on McCabe is suspect. By implying that, you've now logically dug your own grave. Because if that implication is truthful, we have to say the same thing about Comey, Mueller, McCabe, etc., etc. about their dealings with Trump (and with those people we know they aren't unbiased about Trump). You can't have it both ways. I know you want to, but anyone with a clear mind knows a person can't. So your denial of what you clearly just said just piles more dirt on your gravesite. The irony is that we both agree on the premise that the FBI can't be trusted. It's too bad you only know care about it when it goes against your beliefs.

D L X wrote:
Believe it or not, Nick, McCabe was entitled due process as a career federal employee. He didn't get it. Instead, an investigation was rushed through (and done inter partes) to prevent him from receiving his earned pension.

Not all public employees have due process. Do you know for a fact he does, and it was violated? How do you know?

Jouhou

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:03 am

MSPNWA wrote:
salttee wrote:

We're way past a hypothesis. I'm challenging you on your clear implication that some people cannot be trusted. I'll spell out your implication. You're implying that because "pro-Trump" people may be in certain FBI offices, the FBI's report on McCabe is suspect. By implying that, you've now logically dug your own grave. Because if that implication is truthful, we have to say the same thing about Comey, Mueller, McCabe, etc., etc. about their dealings with Trump (and with those people we know they aren't unbiased about Trump). You can't have it both ways. I know you want to, but anyone with a clear mind knows a person can't. So your denial of what you clearly just said just piles more dirt on your gravesite. The irony is that we both agree on the premise that the FBI can't be trusted. It's too bad you only know care about it when it goes against your beliefs.

D L X wrote:

Not all public employees have due process. Do you know for a fact he does, and it was violated? How do you know?

Hi, I've been involved in 3 IG investigations. This looks and smells like reprisal to me. It's definitely not normal by any means.

D L X

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 am

MSPNWA wrote:

D L X wrote:

McCabe wasn’t a political appointee. He was a career employee. They have due process rights via the Merit Systems Protection Board.

I know because I am a lawyer that used to work Merit System Protection Board cases.

seahawk

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:58 am

As I see it, Trump removed another traitor from the FBI and saved a lot of pension money in the process. #winning

Mueller is next.

Jouhou

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 am

D L X wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

D L X wrote:

McCabe wasn’t a political appointee. He was a career employee. They have due process rights via the Merit Systems Protection Board.

I know because I am a lawyer that used to work Merit System Protection Board cases.

Those aren't easy to win :\

I would say that before things get to the mspb phase usually a fair process is utilized prior to taking "corrective actions" to avoid having taxpayers being sued up the Wahoo when the federal employee finds a federal lawyer to take their case on.

This is not a normal response to an IG investigation. It looks like sessions was trying to satiate trump enough that he wouldn't do something idiotic like try to fire the chain of command until he found someone to fire mueller. Not like this isn't idiotic.

salttee

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 am

MSPNWA wrote:

Your hyperlogic is leading you into places that don't exist.
Here's what I originally said:
salttee wrote:

This is all very Mussolinian. This follows the tried and true pattern of Fascist regimes as seen through history. The absolute dealmaker here is the all inclusive Jewish vote. With their support, Trump may be able to preform a makeover of the American political system to a system that has the architecture of a fascist state.

Is this what you want NIK69?

Note that I never claimed that "the FBI's report on McCabe is suspect"; that is just a misrepresentation of my words. It follows a pattern used by propagandists of all stripe which is to twist another's words so as to give an opening to shift the subject. What I said was that "neocons and Trump fans of the FBI have been installed in the FBI disciplinary office". This is the way our government works, no secret message there.

BTW
Terms like: "dug your own grave" and "piles more dirt on your gravesite" are childish hyperbole.

DLFREEBIRD

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:57 am

seahawk wrote:
As I see it, Trump removed another traitor from the FBI and saved a lot of pension money in the process. #winning

Mueller is next.

what exactly do you think Mueller did wrong ? or Comey their loyalty is to our constitution as it should be. everything else is just noise.

D L X

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:24 am

Jouhou wrote:
D L X wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

I would say that before things get to the mspb phase usually a fair process is utilized prior to taking "corrective actions" to avoid having taxpayers being sued up the Wahoo when the federal employee finds a federal lawyer to take their case on.

This is not a normal response to an IG investigation. It looks like sessions was trying to satiate trump enough that he wouldn't do something idiotic like try to fire the chain of command until he found someone to fire mueller. Not like this isn't idiotic.

The stats suggest they are hard to win because most litigants are pro se and the government had correctly removed them. Neither appears to be the case here.

D L X

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:24 am

Jouhou wrote:
D L X wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

The stats suggest they are hard to win because most litigants are pro se and the government had correctly removed them. Neither appears to be the case here.