AA747123
Topic Author

Student walkouts over 2nd Ammendment

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:23 pm

All over the country students are walking out of class to protest our most important god given right, the 2nd amendment. These kids should should face severe corrective action up to expulsion from school.

L410Turbolet

Re: Student walkouts over 2nd Ammendment

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:29 pm

AA747123 wrote:
These kids should should face severe corrective action up to expulsion from school.

Why? Sounds like communist Czechoslovakia in the 1980s.

ual747den

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Really, your "god given" right? How exactly did god give you this right?
These kids are expressing their first amendment right to protest and there have been many Universities that have said they support these protests and will not hold it against any student who faces disciplinary action when reviewing their application for admitting. I watched an interview with an administrator from Colorado State University who said that the fact that a student was participating in this protest would actually help them with being accepted into the University.

I fully support these kids, I am proud of them for doing what the adults in our government are not strong enough to do.
Frontier Airlines - Low Fares Done Right

Tugger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:38 pm

AA747123 wrote:
All over the country students are walking out of class to protest our most important god given right, the 2nd amendment. These kids should should face severe corrective action up to expulsion from school.

Actually you are wrong. They are protesting an incorrect current interpretation of the 2nd amendment. Guns need rules and regulation. Guns need controls on them and the 2nd amendment allows that. And it is not god given, it is given by humans, judges in the USA.

As I have said before, now many times, that is what truly concerns some and the NRA. That the current excesses can and likely will be corrected and changed based on the legal ruling and review of the 2nd Amendment.

As to "Punishment" if you actually are all about rights, what about the 1st amendment?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

AA747123
Topic Author

ual747den wrote:

..Ummm "One Nation Under God"

ual747den

And what about those of us who do not believe in the floating unicorn in the sky you call god?

tommy1808

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 pm

AA747123 wrote:
These kids should should face severe corrective action up to expulsion from school.

for what exactly? For schools, and government, failing to provide a school environment that isn´t hostile?

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

ual747den

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 pm

AA747123 wrote:
ual747den wrote:

What point are you trying to prove with that statement?

2122M

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:43 pm

AA747123 wrote:
... our most important god given right, the 2nd amendment.

That makes me sick to my stomach, and a little sad for you. More important that life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? More important than freedom of speech? You right to own any gun you want without restrictions, limits, background checks or oversight is more important that these kids right to feel safe?

That is a self-centered and small minded attitude and shows that you and your ilk are more interested in hardening the shell around your insecurities then being a part of a national conversation that could lead to any number of win/win scenarios that make America safer and less of a laughing stock/cautionary tale to the rest of the world.

And if you really believe in an almighty God and believe that your right to own an assault weapon is his number one priority, you need to stop calling yourself a Christian immediately.

tommy1808

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 pm

AA747123 wrote:
ual747den wrote:

The founding fathers didn´t refer to the God you are referring too. The god they refered too, given that almost all of them where very likely deists or would refer to themselves as atheists today, doesn´t care about the US, Earth, Menkind, prayers or whatever scripture tells you he wants.

To use Thomas Pains words

I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life. I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and in endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy.

Those kids are doing exactly what God wants.....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Mir

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 pm

AA747123 wrote:

Weird that you would have them punished for exercising their God-given 1st Amendment right.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

petertenthije

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:47 pm

If you believe in God, then what do you need a gun for? If you are assaulted, then that must be part of His almighty plan. Who are you to screw up God’s plan using an AR-15?
Attamottamotta!

2122M

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:47 pm

AA747123 wrote:
ual747den wrote:

And before you cling to that, understand that "under God" was added to the pledge in 1954. We've spent more time as a nation not being "under God".

If you believe in God, you know that ALL nations are under God, including the ones with strict gun control (otherwise known as the countries without mass shootings).

Tugger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:48 pm

AA747123 wrote:
ual747den wrote:

This phrase was added in the 1950's I believe, a political action in response the "godless commies" to separate the USA from them. However god has never made or passed a single law in the USA and God has not helped (or hindered) the USA. All actions are by humans, all laws passed, all judgements made, the nation built, all by human effort and will and desire.

The USA is "One nation under humans". Period (some of those humans may consider themselves under God and make choices based an that, but is still humans making decisions based on what they think).

And if you are trying to draw god into the constitution directly then you are reading the Declaration of Independence, and so dragging in all the words of the documented freedoms and desires of the founding o f the USA. And if you are insisting that "all the words matter" then you cannot then state that all the words of the 2nd amendment don't matter. And I do agree that all the words in the amendment matter.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

bagoldex

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:59 pm

AA747123 wrote:
ual747den wrote:

There's no such thing as god.

PS ... Even if those students are unduly disciplined by their podunk high schools, the best colleges in the country are still happy to have them...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/ ... story.html

scbriml

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:09 pm

AA747123 wrote:
All over the country students are walking out of class to protest our most important god given right, the 2nd amendment.

Good for them exercising their rights under the 1st Amendment.

When did god give you these rights and where did he declare the 2nd Amendment was the most important of them? If it is the most important, why isn't it the 1st Amendment?

You're not covering yourself in glory here. :shakehead:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ER757

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:14 pm

AA747123 wrote:

You really should have stated "SARCASM" at the end of your post - from the looks of many of the replies, some people actually thought you were serious......

2122M

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 pm

AA747123 wrote:

Typical for this guy. Drops an (obviously) ridiculous statement then disappears into the night. He either a) doesn't believe anything he's saying and just loves to stir the pot, b) doesn't know what he's talking about and therefore can't defend his positions or c) is a paid troll.

Either way, its weak and sad.

Kiwirob

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:25 pm

All these students are going to turn into adults, voters and politicians, the chances of you being able to own a gun into the future are getting smaller by the minute. If you don’t do something sensible now today’s children will solve the problem for you and not in the manor you would like.

StarAC17

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
All these students are going to turn into adults, voters and politicians, the chances of you being able to own a gun into the future are getting smaller by the minute. If you don’t do something sensible now today’s children will solve the problem for you and not in the manor you would like.

Many of these kids are high school seniors and will be voting in November.

Regarding the god given right. The second amendment is called and "amendment". It could very well be repealed at some point in the future and the second amendment does not trump the first amendment.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

WIederling

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 pm

AA747123 wrote:

You could shoot them. problem fixed. no more "walking out".
Murphy is an optimist

seb146

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:43 pm

The title of the thread needs to be changed. Students are NOT walking out in protest of the Second Amendment. Students ARE walking out over other students being killed in mass shootings.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

CCGPV

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Bold move with the obvious toll attempt here by the OP. And like clockwork the usual suspects eyes roll back into their heads and they post away....
Stay curious

einsteinboricua

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:31 pm

AA747123 wrote:

:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

BartSimpson

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 pm

AA747123 wrote:

Give me ONE PROOF that "god" had given that right to the people of the US.

Feck it - give me ONE HINT...

I'm waiting.

ltbewr

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
The title of the thread needs to be changed. Students are NOT walking out in protest of the Second Amendment. Students ARE walking out over other students being killed in mass shootings.

I agree but in part the protest is to demand regulations to limit access and sale to the public of modified military grade guns that have been tied to many school and other mass shooting events in the USA.

I also wish these students would also put some of their energy into anti-bullying and respect programs and policies in their schools and communities as often bullying is a factor of not only of mass school shootings, but the far more numerous teen suicides.

Tugger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:54 pm

ER757 wrote:
You really should have stated "SARCASM" at the end of your post - from the looks of many of the replies, some people actually thought you were serious......

2122M wrote:
Typical for this guy. Drops an (obviously) ridiculous statement then disappears into the night. He either a) doesn't believe anything he's saying and just loves to stir the pot, b) doesn't know what he's talking about and therefore can't defend his positions or c) is a paid troll.

Either way, its weak and sad.

CCGPV wrote:
Bold move with the obvious toll attempt here by the OP. And like clockwork the usual suspects eyes roll back into their heads and they post away....

Yeah, I figure it is just trolling but there are enough people that believe this stuff that I enjoy taking a moment to share why such things are not correct.

No skin off my back. As I have said before on here, I am not trying to convince someone of anything. I don't need to. I am confident in the what and why of my beliefs and morals and views on the world. I just figure if we don't share and discuss with others nothing can change (myself or others).

Tugg

Tugger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:08 pm

ltbewr wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I agree but in part the protest is to demand regulations to limit access and sale to the public of modified military grade guns that have been tied to many school and other mass shooting events in the USA.

I enjoyed a post in another thread where someone was arguing against bans and how they wouldn't change anything. And in that same post he responded to someone claiming automatic weapons were causing so many deaths. He noted that it wasn't "automatic weapons", and that they haven't caused any of these killings as they have been illegal and banned for 80 years... not seeming to get the irony that he was negating his own argument. I.e.: that bans obviously work!

Ban the sale and normal use of "assault-type weapons" and their brethren for the general public. It won't stop crime or deaths or shootings. But it will reduce and help and be a positive step.

Tugg

WingsFan

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:19 pm

AA747123 wrote:
god given right, the 2nd amendment.

How did you manage to fail in the very first sentence?

MaverickM11

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 pm

AA747123 wrote:

Oh look AA747123 is #triggered again, this time by children! It's not god given, you whiny snowflake

AA747123 wrote:
ual747den wrote:

God is #fakenews and that was added to the pledge in 1954, so have a seat.
E pur si muove -Galileo

2122M

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:04 pm

ltbewr wrote:
I also wish these students would also put some of their energy into anti-bullying and respect programs and policies in their schools and communities as often bullying is a factor of not only of mass school shootings, but the far more numerous teen suicides.

The difference is that everyone, including the current administration, at least admits the bullying in schools and online is a problem. The First Lady is 'in charge' of that initiative. I don't think she's done much and I think her husband is one of the worst offenders, but at least there is consensus that bullying is bad. You don't have that some consensus with guns, hence the need for protests, walk-outs and demonstrations.

NIKV69

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

No they are not tomorrows politicians if they are anything like the young kids we try to employ at my workplace they will end up being lazy potheads who want everything handed to them. Which is why they vote for Bernie Sanders.

In your hatred for this country you want us to believe we will lose our right to have guns? You seriously underestimate the people who support the 2nd Amendment. Any serious gun grab will be met with opposition. I just hope the far left doesn't try it because it won't be pretty.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

2122M

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:20 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

No they are not tomorrows politicians if they are anything like the young kids we try to employ at my workplace they will end up being lazy potheads who want everything handed to them. Which is why they vote for Bernie Sanders.

In your hatred for this country you want us to believe we will lose our right to have guns? You seriously underestimate the people who support the 2nd Amendment. Any serious gun grab will be met with opposition. I just hope the far left doesn't try it because it won't be pretty.

Are you implying there will be armed resistance to universal background checks? Militias forming to wage battle against magazine size limits? Perhaps an organized, armed insurgency to make sure 18-20 years olds can buy guns?

Or are you just hoping the NRA can keep buying senate votes because when push comes to shove there is nothing at all John Q. Gun-Owner can do if these measures pass other than cast one vote per person just like the rest of us.

Tugger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
You seriously underestimate the people who support the 2nd Amendment. Any serious gun grab will be met with opposition. I just hope the far left doesn't try it because it won't be pretty.

I think you seriously underestimate the majority of the country that support appropriate gun controls and regulations.

Guns will be controlled and regulated. They always have been and will be forever (unless the USA breaks down into a lawless state, which I don't see happening).

Tugg

NIKV69

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 pm

2122M wrote:

Are you implying there will be armed resistance to universal background checks? Militias forming to wage battle against magazine size limits? Perhaps an organized, armed insurgency to make sure 18-20 years olds can buy guns?

Or are you just hoping the NRA can keep buying senate votes because when push comes to shove there is nothing at all John Q. Gun-Owner can do if these measures pass other than cast one vote per person just like the rest of us.

Did you read my post and the one I replied to? No you didn't. I said if there was a gun grab, and yes there probably will be armed resistance. I mean if someone like the Bundy's rose up with guns when they were in the wrong I can only imagine what will happen when someone's actual rights are being trampled.

I shudder at the thought.

Kiwirob

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:40 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

You really do have your head in the sand, the numbers of people who want gun control climb with every massacre, especially amoungst the younger people who will be the politicians of tomorrow, the young are the future, that’s impossible to refute, lucky for American people like you are and your ilk will eventually all die off.

Tugger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I said if there was a gun grab, and yes there probably will be armed resistance. I mean if someone like the Bundy's rose up with guns when they were in the wrong I can only imagine what will happen when someone's actual rights are being trampled.

This ^^ is a right wing fantasy. That hasn't and doesn't happen and it won't. We have a 2nd Amendment and it allows citizens to have and own firearms. It doesn't allow it absolutely, without limit or control, but we follow that law.

I think some extreme people think and hope it will happen so that they can "rightfully fight back and defend themselves and kill the evil people that would toss the constitution aside. And be the hero's the United States needs!"

But it ain't gonna happen.

Laws will be passed, people will follow the law, challenges will be made and official decisions rendered, and firearms will continue to be controlled and regulated in the USA and people will still own their firearms per the law and those that aren't allowed to will not be allowed to have/keep them.

Tugg

NIKV69

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
You really do have your head in the sand, the numbers of people who want gun control climb with every massacre, especially amoungst the younger people who will be the politicians of tomorrow, the young are the future, that’s impossible to refute, lucky for American people like you are and your ilk will eventually all die off.

You only refer to the younger people that agree with your far left stance on guns. There are younger people who see things differently and trust me they are more likely to run for office.

Again your hatred for the US and your desire for it to turn into your country are well documented.

Keep dreaming.

flyingclrs727

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:59 pm

L410Turbolet wrote:
AA747123 wrote:

Why? Sounds like communist Czechoslovakia in the 1980s.

Mre like Chinese Red Guards during the Cultural Revolution in the 60's.

AA747123
Topic Author

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:32 pm

[
I shudder at the thought.[/quote]
This ^^ is a right wing fantasy. That hasn't and doesn't happen and it won't. We have a 2nd Amendment and it allows citizens to have and own firearms. It doesn't allow it absolutely, without limit or control, but we follow that law.

Ifirearms per the law and those that aren't allowed to will not be allowed to have/keep them.

Tugg[/quote]

"The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" The process of background checks is illegal according to the constitution, as well as limits on types of fire arms, banning high capacity magzines, etc... "shall not be infringed" mean NO REGULATIONS OF ANY TYPE of gun ownership. PERIOD!

bagoldex

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:41 pm

AA747123 wrote:

"The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" The process of background checks is illegal according to the constitution, as well as limits on types of fire arms, banning high capacity magzines, etc... "shall not be infringed" mean NO REGULATIONS OF ANY TYPE of gun ownership. PERIOD!

That's not what the second amendment reads or means in its entirety but nice try.

AA747123
Topic Author

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Students protesting FOR gun control
This happens when students aren't taught 6 million Jews died AFTER Nazis took guns away

Tugger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 pm

AA747123 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Ifirearms per the law and those that aren't allowed to will not be allowed to have/keep them.

Tugg

That is not what the second amendment says. I take you just want to throw out 200 year of law?

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tugger

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:45 pm

AA747123 wrote:
This happens when students aren't taught 6 million Jews died AFTER Nazis took guns away

That is not happening. Stop making things up.

Tugg

bagoldex

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:49 pm

AA747123 wrote:

Extra points for coming back to try to defend your original batshit assertion but the more you write, the more I wish the gov't would figure out a way to confiscate guns and round up the gun nuts.

meecrob

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:36 am

Worst troll ever.

MaverickM11

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:49 am

AA747123 wrote:

This is totally false and one of the most idiotic nonsense narratives from the NRA terrorist brain trust. 1) gun control was far more strict before Hitler. and 2) You should tell the millions of Allied and Russian troops that died fighting the Nazis that they didn't need submarines/bombs/planes/trains/and automobiles--they just need more guns!
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:46 am

I have been reading the comments from the newspaper where I grew up. Right wing, evangelical area. Students walked out of class in protest of gun violence. The comments were like "my kids had better not be in that" and "they probably just want to get out of class" and "don't take my guns" so, basically, guns are more important than their children.

seb146

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 am

AA747123 wrote:
[

Tugg[/quote]

"The right to bear arms shall not be infringed" The process of background checks is illegal according to the constitution, as well as limits on types of fire arms, banning high capacity magzines, etc... "shall not be infringed" mean NO REGULATIONS OF ANY TYPE of gun ownership. PERIOD![/quote]

The same amendment starts off with

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA

which ammosexuals always forget.

seb146

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:49 am

NIKV69 wrote:
2122M wrote:

Did you read my post and the one I replied to? No you didn't. I said if there was a gun grab, and yes there probably will be armed resistance. I mean if someone like the Bundy's rose up with guns when they were in the wrong I can only imagine what will happen when someone's actual rights are being trampled.

Actually, some of the Bundy clan pointed guns at federal agents and talked about taking up arms against the federal government. And some of them were not allowed to have guns, IIRC.

So, basically, you support felons. Which does not surprise me coming from a Trumpette....