AA747123
Topic Author

Dubai suggestions

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:34 am

Will be heading to Dubai next month for a few days. Any tips or must see and do things? I heard at one of the malls there is an A380 static sim one can "fly" anyone try it? Worth it?

RetroRoo

Re: Dubai suggestions

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:31 am

I love the 'old town' (which isn't really that old), it's one of the few touchstones of authenticity in a place that resembles Disneyland. Catch one of the many abras across Dubai creek, explore the souks and the museums. I've eaten at Al Bait Al Qadeem Emirati Heritage Restaurant many times and loved it.

bagoldex

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:41 pm

AA747123 wrote:
Will be heading to Dubai next month for a few days. Any tips or must see and do things? I heard at one of the malls there is an A380 static sim one can "fly" anyone try it? Worth it?

Whatever you decide to do, be sure to wear your MAGAt hat at all times.

AA747123
Topic Author

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 pm

bagoldex wrote:
AA747123 wrote:

Never leave home without it!

bagoldex

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:20 am

AA747123 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
AA747123 wrote:

Never leave home without it!

Very good. They love Trump over there.

CCGPV

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:47 am

Don't kiss your boyfriend in public they might imprison you.
Stay curious

pylon101

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:09 am

Dubai is a great place. Stay positive and free of any stereotypes. It depends on how long you stay, but I would recommend renting a car.
The beauty of the place reveals to you when you are moving and seeing it like in 3D.
It is very diverse. However, it is a sort of diversity that is natural and suits the Dubai's character.
I used to fly from the Washington, D.C. area to Moscow via Dubai on Emirates with 1-2 day stopover.
Enjoy your trip.
I am on EK 231/232. The rest is just jet lag.

B777LRF

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Malls, malls and yet more malls, all filled with the same stuff you can get at home, only way more expensive. It's all facade and more than just a little tacky. If you can live with that, and you don't arrive in the period from May to October, there are things like the Wild Wadi and Dubai Skydiving to keep you amused. Or you can go see a captured whale shark in a tank at the Atlantis, if animal cruelty is your kind of thing. A visit to the Burj Dubai, nee al-Arab, should also be on your list, and is very enjoyable if you're lucky to be there on a clear day. Sadly the chance of clear is rather on the low side. Plenty of female company as well, if you swing that way, albeit a fairly large number of them have a vested commercial interest in securing your company. If you swing the other way, welcome to nirvana - Dubai is one of the hottest gay scenes, and local as well as foreign talent is available in quantity. Hotels can be very, very nice and they can also be dingy or, maybe worse, tacky to an extent that almost beggars belief. They do like their gold plating in Dubai. Speaking of which, a visit to the gold soukh is a must - just be sure to bargain hard. If you do, there are fantastic deals to be had if you don't mind gold of the 22kt bling-bling variety.
From receips and radials over straight pipes to big fans - been there, done that, got the hearing defects to prove

Arion640

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:05 am

- top of Burj Khalifa
- Wild waddy water park is good if you're travelling with family.
- So is the Atlantis of the Palm water park
- Dune safari is really good
- Plenty of shopping potential. Malls are worth taking a look around. Giant fish tank at the bottom of the Burj Khalifa mall is impressive.
-I haven't been down the creek since 2006 and i do remember it can get noisy. The boat rides you can get down there are pleasant.
-Traditional Gold Souks can be a nice walk if you don't mind getting pestered.
319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 738 744 752 753 763 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75.

No CONC sadly.