• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:12 pm

I love how people pretend to be so pure and honest and just good human beings but we know damn well that perfect doesn't exist since we are HUMANS.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11726
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:28 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
. Seriously who even knew Farrakhan was still around?


Ask Keith Ellison.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 20835
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Mr. Trump's legal team sure was awfully quick to get her slapped with a gag order. If it's fake news, what are they so worried about? They're acting like they're very worried.

But there's a bigger issue here. Mr. Trump ran on the premise that he was a Christian and he captured the Evangelical vote. The Evangelicals have been trying to dominate U.S. politics for decades now.

But they sang the high and glorious praises of "family values" (which is a code for: "kick the gays") and lambasted the Left for encouraging sexual immorality. But if your guy is going to talk that talk, then he'd better walk that walk. Now, we see that those same "family values" evangelicals were willing to vote for a man who was cheating with a porn star while his third wife was pregnant. There are also a number of other allegations of sexual impropriety. Any one of those allegations has some limited evidence for it, but boy, there are an awful LOT of those allegations, aren't there? The public political arena is not a courtroom. Guilt beyond a reasonable doubt does not need to be established.

And I think that many Americans who were willing to casually align themselves with the evangelicals are now starting to get pretty disgusted with that segment of the population and I suspect that we will see that those same evangelicals might wind up seeing their political clout wane. Expect my eyes to be quite dry over the matter.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7742
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

WTF? France has a legal age of consent since 1832 and it has been 15 since 1945 .....

best regards
Thomas


You haven't read the latest news,


well, when it comes to law, i´d rather check the law...

Le fait, par un majeur, d'exercer sans violence, contrainte, menace ni surprise une atteinte sexuelle sur la personne d'un mineur de quinze ans est puni de cinq ans d'emprisonnement et de 75 000 euros d'amende.


~ ".... without violence, constraint, threat or surprise of a sexual offence by an adult on the person of a minor under fifteen years of age is punished by five years' imprisonment and a fine of €75,000"

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichCo ... e=20160306

What the French lawmakers are doing is reducing the leeway of Courts to make exceptions based on no surprise or threat or such.

No what France did was make a law for statutory rape which requires an actual age of consent to be stated in law. Therefore whatever "law" you were referring wasn't actually a law "consent" would have been the issue, not whether there was threat or restraint etc. 15 was just an age where such considerations were required, not that one couldn't legal have, consent to having, sex. The whole legal concept behind the age of consent is to lock in at what age one may legally be considered able to give consent for actions. These girls were under 15 so if there was a "legal age of consent" then the perpetrators would have been charged based on that. They weren't, instead the questions was whether it was "consensual" and involved force etc. to someone under 15.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
FlyingColours
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:13 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:45 pm

I'll just leave this rather appropriate Genesis video here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g

Pretty much sums up the Evangelical movement ;)

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7894
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Tugger wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

You haven't read the latest news,


well, when it comes to law, i´d rather check the law...

Le fait, par un majeur, d'exercer sans violence, contrainte, menace ni surprise une atteinte sexuelle sur la personne d'un mineur de quinze ans est puni de cinq ans d'emprisonnement et de 75 000 euros d'amende.


~ ".... without violence, constraint, threat or surprise of a sexual offence by an adult on the person of a minor under fifteen years of age is punished by five years' imprisonment and a fine of €75,000"

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichCo ... e=20160306

What the French lawmakers are doing is reducing the leeway of Courts to make exceptions based on no surprise or threat or such.

No what France did was make a law for statutory rape which requires an actual age of consent to be stated in law. Therefore whatever "law" you were referring wasn't actually a law "consent" would have been the issue, not whether there was threat or restraint etc. 15 was just an age where such considerations were required, not that one couldn't legal have, consent to having, sex. The whole legal concept behind the age of consent is to lock in at what age one may legally be considered able to give consent for actions. These girls were under 15 so if there was a "legal age of consent" then the perpetrators would have been charged based on that. They weren't, instead the questions was whether it was "consensual" and involved force etc. to someone under 15.

Tugg


France is signatory to the Lanzarote Convention, and therefore sex with a minor under the age of consent, 15 in the case of France, was already a crime. Without coercion it was however just child molestation, not automatically rape. You can still go to prison for 10 years, which by european standards is quite stiff.

It is the age of consent, only below doesnt make it statutory rape, but just some statutory sexual assault. Iirc only the UK and the Netherlands had statutory rape laws in the EU, the rest just statutory sexual assault in some shape or form.

Due to the convention all eu council states have an age of consent on the books.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7742
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Ooops:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... ts-n855021
an email uncovered in the last 24 hours and provided to NBC News by Clifford's current attorney, Michael Avenatti, shows First Republic Bank and Cohen communicated about the money using his Trump company email address, not his personal gmail account.


Now honestly I have no idea where this particular action will end. From what I have read the suit against the agreement is on shaky though possibly valid grounds. However it sure is doing a hell of a number on the Trump camp's attempts to keep a lid on this thing. Ms. Clifford may end up with a real mess on her hands and be liable for a lot if it fails.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
StarAC17
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
I love how people pretend to be so pure and honest and just good human beings but we know damn well that perfect doesn't exist since we are HUMANS.


I know that, you know that and 99.999999% of people know that. However I honestly think Donald Trump believes he is a perfect human being who never does anything wrong. He never assumes blame or says he is wrong about anything.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:10 pm

If no one cared, they wouldn't have paid to cover it up.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:15 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
It's a big deal because Clinton was nearly thrown out of office for one and the perception is the if a democrat has an affair they need to go but if a Republican does it then they get to stay in office and it is non-story.

Trump has left wives for hotter women more than once and doesn't have any shame around it but Al Franken has a few slip ups and he must resign. This is why it is a deal and yes paying her off is worse than the affair.
Clinton was nearly thrown out of office because he lied under oath and what Franken did was more that just a few slip ups. Just because Trump is a scumbag doesn't mean we should overlook bad actions by the other side (and vise versa).
 
salttee
Posts: 2451
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:54 pm

DocLightning wrote:
Mr. Trump's legal team sure was awfully quick to get her slapped with a gag order. If it's fake news, what are they so worried about?


The gag order is an admission that the story is real.
 
StarAC17
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:20 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
It's a big deal because Clinton was nearly thrown out of office for one and the perception is the if a democrat has an affair they need to go but if a Republican does it then they get to stay in office and it is non-story.

Trump has left wives for hotter women more than once and doesn't have any shame around it but Al Franken has a few slip ups and he must resign. This is why it is a deal and yes paying her off is worse than the affair.
Clinton was nearly thrown out of office because he lied under oath and what Franken did was more that just a few slip ups. Just because Trump is a scumbag doesn't mean we should overlook bad actions by the other side (and vise versa).


Exactly, they were both big deals, and can you imagine the craziness that would have taken place had Obama been accused of any sexual harassment or assault. Why should Trump get a pass and everyone else pay the price for their mis-deeds? Especially because Trump shows no remorse for any of his sexual indiscretions as least Franken apologized for it and resigned.

Other people whom have done the same haven't paid hush money and put a gag order showing that Trump did have this affair.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!
 
User avatar
BawliBooch
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:22 am

After looking into the story a little bit more (and going through some of Ms.Daniel's Twitter feed), I think the issue here is not whether Trump had sex with some girl or not.

The sheer energy & political capital that the trump team exudes into throttling any hint of investigation of any kind amazes scares me. Is there a bigger story there?

Should we be worried?
L' Esprit de Mai 68
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:28 am

BawliBooch wrote:
After looking into the story a little bit more (and going through some of Ms.Daniel's Twitter feed), I think the issue here is not whether Trump had sex with some girl or not.

The sheer energy & political capital that the trump team exudes into throttling any hint of investigation of any kind amazes scares me. Is there a bigger story there?

Should we be worried?


Any investigation will probably show that there are probably 100 more Stormys out there. But of course he stopped the moment he became President and found Jesus.

The House of Trump is truly a House of Cards ready to collapse with only a few more breaths.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:35 am

BawliBooch wrote:
After looking into the story a little bit more (and going through some of Ms.Daniel's Twitter feed), I think the issue here is not whether Trump had sex with some girl or not.

The sheer energy & political capital that the trump team exudes into throttling any hint of investigation of any kind amazes scares me. Is there a bigger story there?

Should we be worried?


Worried about what? More selatious stories? I sure hope so! I don't think we should really be worried though. It would be a bigger deal if it were an ongoing affair or very recent. Its not like it was Bush or Obama being accused while in office- that would be massive. I'm not seeing a way anyone could bribe him or use this against him as its already so widely known and in the news. Its now in the courts so if there were any funny business going on with regards to bribes etc it will be sussed out.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the residence though. Melania has to be totally miserable.
Stay curious
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:05 am

cledaybuck wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
It's a big deal because Clinton was nearly thrown out of office for one and the perception is the if a democrat has an affair they need to go but if a Republican does it then they get to stay in office and it is non-story.

Trump has left wives for hotter women more than once and doesn't have any shame around it but Al Franken has a few slip ups and he must resign. This is why it is a deal and yes paying her off is worse than the affair.
Clinton was nearly thrown out of office because he lied under oath and what Franken did was more that just a few slip ups. Just because Trump is a scumbag doesn't mean we should overlook bad actions by the other side (and vise versa).


Clinton and Franken have been debated to death. The conclusion was that they (all Democrats, really) should never be allowed to vote or breed because they are scum of the earth but Republicans who do the exact same thing OR WORSE should be elected to every office because they demand a second (third, fourth, billionth) chance....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... ts-n855021

The report coming out is that Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet during the election. How in all that is holy is that even the same as or better than what Clinton or Franken did?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16462
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:32 am

NIKV69 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
. Seriously who even knew Farrakhan was still around?


Ask Keith Ellison.

Yah I don’t think anyone cares, especially not from the people that brought us Richard Spencer, very fine people in nazi marches, and Billy bloody Graham
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6371
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:49 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
. Seriously who even knew Farrakhan was still around?


Ask Keith Ellison.

Yah I don’t think anyone cares, especially not from the people that brought us Richard Spencer, very fine people in nazi marches, and Billy bloody Graham


No one cares except the right wingers that want to make race,sex, and religion an issue that keeps their base excited. I expect that the usual Fox news cohorts will shovel this BS to their Rabid base in order to keep them engaged and ready to do their bidding.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:27 am

And amidst all this of course the efforts to replace real sex ed with teaching abstinence is in full swing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... d98a9afa6f

Maybe it’s not hypocritical as I’m sure Bozo hasn’t been laid since he got to the White House. Unless Melania’s marriage contract requires a minimum amount of grunting thrusts per week.
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 am

I wish people would stop attacking Melania. Yes, she is married to a scum bag and she married for the green card or immigrated under Einstein rules (and brought her family here as a result; chain migration which Repubtards hate), but I really don't think she wanted this. I actually feel bad for her and her son. I know she has only a specific skill set that Yale law graduate Hillary does not have, but, still, I feel bad for her....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:05 am

seb146 wrote:
I wish people would stop attacking Melania. Yes, she is married to a scum bag and she married for the green card or immigrated under Einstein rules (and brought her family here as a result; chain migration which Repubtards hate), but I really don't think she wanted this. I actually feel bad for her and her son. I know she has only a specific skill set that Yale law graduate Hillary does not have, but, still, I feel bad for her....


Um I’d say saying that she’s not putting out for Bozo is the opposite of attacking her.

But feel sorry for her? C’mon, man.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:13 am

Looking in from outside of the US it does seem like so much hypocrisy from both sides. It appears that people who run for public office do so for their own embellishment and not the people they are supposed to serve. :twocents:
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:23 am

readytotaxi wrote:
Looking in from outside of the US it does seem like so much hypocrisy from both sides. It appears that people who run for public office do so for their own embellishment and not the people they are supposed to serve. :twocents:


God I’m so tired of these “on both sides” false equivalencies because they have no conception of DEGREE—everything is equal, so anything is nothing.

We’ve become a generation of absolute idiots.
 
Georgetown
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:50 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Breaking news!

Image

:stirthepot: :duck:
Let's go Hoyas!
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Georgetown wrote:
Breaking news!

Image

:stirthepot: :duck:


Well if she has pics think how many he has!
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 2644
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Just so everyone is clear: personal attacks and use of derogatory language (like "libtards") is not acceptable in this forum or on this site. If you cannot make an argument without resorting to petty personal comments, then it simply shouldn't be posted. There's no reason to attack someone simply based on the fact that they don't see eye-to-eye with you.

✈️ atcsundevil
 
coolian2
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Image

See America, it was possible!
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:45 pm

I’m actually perfectly OK with the term “libtards.” We should own it like they did with “deplorables.” One of many examples of the lack of anything at all substantive in the Republican ideology. At the end of the day (R) stands for Retributionism, Racism, Revisionism, Reversionism ... I’m sure there are plenty more.

Remember the user on this site who had in his signature “Liberalism is a mental disorder?” Of course leave it to Republican whackjobs to not even know what the term “liberalism” means.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:21 pm

jetero wrote:
I’m actually perfectly OK with the term “libtards.” We should own it like they did with “deplorables.” One of many examples of the lack of anything at all substantive in the Republican ideology. At the end of the day (R) stands for Retributionism, Racism, Revisionism, Reversionism ... I’m sure there are plenty more.

Remember the user on this site who had in his signature “Liberalism is a mental disorder?” Of course leave it to Republican whackjobs to not even know what the term “liberalism” means.


If you say "everything about x or y group is wrong, backwards, etc" then that shows how partisan you've become.
Stay curious
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2531
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:45 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
[
Cheating on a pregnant wife with a hooker, and then paying off the hooker with someone else's money, and then lying about it, is literally the most evangelical thing ever. Trump's behavior is a mirror image of evangelicals--that's why there's no dissuading. I'm the first to admit he's the perfect leader for evangelicals--it's like the mafia boss running the jail.


You forgot to include being sued by the hooker.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Are you that dull???

Trump was *not* an evangelical when the affair occurred. You imply that he was. You don't have your facts straight. You seem to want to imply that everything that Trump has ever done, was done as an evangelical. So save your false argument for others!!


So you think Trump has found the lord and will not sin now...Oh boy you are in for a rude surprise.

PixelPilot wrote:
I love how people pretend to be so pure and honest and just good human beings but we know damn well that perfect doesn't exist since we are HUMANS.


Probably the most accurate thing posted in one of these Trump threads.


CCGPV wrote:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the residence though. Melania has to be totally miserable.


I really have to wonder if she had anything to do with Hope Hicks.

seb146 wrote:
I wish people would stop attacking Melania. Yes, she is married to a scum bag and she married for the green card or immigrated under Einstein rules (and brought her family here as a result; chain migration which Repubtards hate), but I really don't think she wanted this. I actually feel bad for her and her son. I know she has only a specific skill set that Yale law graduate Hillary does not have, but, still, I feel bad for her....


I have to agree (though honestly I don't think Trump wanted this either, but ego did him in) but yeah, I just don't think she thought this was part of the plan and for sure, leave the young kid out of it.
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:55 pm

CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:
I’m actually perfectly OK with the term “libtards.” We should own it like they did with “deplorables.” One of many examples of the lack of anything at all substantive in the Republican ideology. At the end of the day (R) stands for Retributionism, Racism, Revisionism, Reversionism ... I’m sure there are plenty more.

Remember the user on this site who had in his signature “Liberalism is a mental disorder?” Of course leave it to Republican whackjobs to not even know what the term “liberalism” means.


If you say "everything about x or y group is wrong, backwards, etc" then that shows how partisan you've become.



OK Professor.
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:07 am

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:
I’m actually perfectly OK with the term “libtards.” We should own it like they did with “deplorables.” One of many examples of the lack of anything at all substantive in the Republican ideology. At the end of the day (R) stands for Retributionism, Racism, Revisionism, Reversionism ... I’m sure there are plenty more.

Remember the user on this site who had in his signature “Liberalism is a mental disorder?” Of course leave it to Republican whackjobs to not even know what the term “liberalism” means.


If you say "everything about x or y group is wrong, backwards, etc" then that shows how partisan you've become.



OK Professor.


It is called "painting with a broad brush." I have tried moving away from saying "all Republicans" to "you righties." Righties are a subset of Republicans. Not all Republicans are righties but all righties are Republican. I refuse to use those terms interchangeably. Unlike righties who use the terms "libtard" and "Democrat" and "liberal" interchangeably.

Another example is I have started using the term "evangelical" for those Christians who are anything but.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:14 am

seb146 wrote:
jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

If you say "everything about x or y group is wrong, backwards, etc" then that shows how partisan you've become.



OK Professor.


It is called "painting with a broad brush." I have tried moving away from saying "all Republicans" to "you righties." Righties are a subset of Republicans. Not all Republicans are righties but all righties are Republican. I refuse to use those terms interchangeably. Unlike righties who use the terms "libtard" and "Democrat" and "liberal" interchangeably.

Another example is I have started using the term "evangelical" for those Christians who are anything but.


The leader of the Republican Party is Trump. Congressional leaders enable him. Enough said.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:40 am

jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:
jetero wrote:


OK Professor.


It is called "painting with a broad brush." I have tried moving away from saying "all Republicans" to "you righties." Righties are a subset of Republicans. Not all Republicans are righties but all righties are Republican. I refuse to use those terms interchangeably. Unlike righties who use the terms "libtard" and "Democrat" and "liberal" interchangeably.

Another example is I have started using the term "evangelical" for those Christians who are anything but.


The leader of the Republican Party is Trump. Congressional leaders enable him. Enough said.


So all republicans are racist, bigoted morons?
Stay curious
 
jetero
Posts: 3260
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:59 am

CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:

It is called "painting with a broad brush." I have tried moving away from saying "all Republicans" to "you righties." Righties are a subset of Republicans. Not all Republicans are righties but all righties are Republican. I refuse to use those terms interchangeably. Unlike righties who use the terms "libtard" and "Democrat" and "liberal" interchangeably.

Another example is I have started using the term "evangelical" for those Christians who are anything but.


The leader of the Republican Party is Trump. Congressional leaders enable him. Enough said.


So all republicans are racist, bigoted morons?


If that’s what you read, sure. Whatever floats your boat and enables you to make the point (or non-point as the case seems to be) you want to make.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:06 am

seb146 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
It's a big deal because Clinton was nearly thrown out of office for one and the perception is the if a democrat has an affair they need to go but if a Republican does it then they get to stay in office and it is non-story.

Trump has left wives for hotter women more than once and doesn't have any shame around it but Al Franken has a few slip ups and he must resign. This is why it is a deal and yes paying her off is worse than the affair.
Clinton was nearly thrown out of office because he lied under oath and what Franken did was more that just a few slip ups. Just because Trump is a scumbag doesn't mean we should overlook bad actions by the other side (and vise versa).


Clinton and Franken have been debated to death. The conclusion was that they (all Democrats, really) should never be allowed to vote or breed because they are scum of the earth but Republicans who do the exact same thing OR WORSE should be elected to every office because they demand a second (third, fourth, billionth) chance....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... ts-n855021

The report coming out is that Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet during the election. How in all that is holy is that even the same as or better than what Clinton or Franken did?
Because it is not illegal? I wonder why they paid her to keep her quiet? If the Access Hollywood tape didn't hurt Trump, this certainly isn't going to harm him. Of course,they may have not have know this at the time.
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:10 am

jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:
jetero wrote:


OK Professor.


It is called "painting with a broad brush." I have tried moving away from saying "all Republicans" to "you righties." Righties are a subset of Republicans. Not all Republicans are righties but all righties are Republican. I refuse to use those terms interchangeably. Unlike righties who use the terms "libtard" and "Democrat" and "liberal" interchangeably.

Another example is I have started using the term "evangelical" for those Christians who are anything but.


The leader of the Republican Party is Trump. Congressional leaders enable him. Enough said.


We are getting a bit off topic, but Republicans are being held hostage by the righties. Righties demand nothing less than total allegiance. Anyone who speaks out against them are hated and called "libtards" and told they hate freedom. Moderate Republicans are scared to speak out because they will lose power. They will be primaried. That is what I have seen over the past 20 years. And it is sad.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:12 am

cledaybuck wrote:
seb146 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
Clinton was nearly thrown out of office because he lied under oath and what Franken did was more that just a few slip ups. Just because Trump is a scumbag doesn't mean we should overlook bad actions by the other side (and vise versa).


Clinton and Franken have been debated to death. The conclusion was that they (all Democrats, really) should never be allowed to vote or breed because they are scum of the earth but Republicans who do the exact same thing OR WORSE should be elected to every office because they demand a second (third, fourth, billionth) chance....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... ts-n855021

The report coming out is that Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet during the election. How in all that is holy is that even the same as or better than what Clinton or Franken did?
Because it is not illegal? I wonder why they paid her to keep her quiet? If the Access Hollywood tape didn't hurt Trump, this certainly isn't going to harm him. Of course,they may have not have know this at the time.


It is not illegal to pay someone to not speak out about an affair so they can be elected to public office? I just want to clarify before I go off.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:21 am

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:

The leader of the Republican Party is Trump. Congressional leaders enable him. Enough said.


So all republicans are racist, bigoted morons?


If that’s what you read, sure. Whatever floats your boat and enables you to make the point (or non-point as the case seems to be) you want to make.


That's a cheap way to explain away your ignorance. "Hey buddy that's not what I said but whatever!!!"

You make generalizations and they make you look like an uninformed fool.
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:24 am

seb146 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Clinton and Franken have been debated to death. The conclusion was that they (all Democrats, really) should never be allowed to vote or breed because they are scum of the earth but Republicans who do the exact same thing OR WORSE should be elected to every office because they demand a second (third, fourth, billionth) chance....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... ts-n855021

The report coming out is that Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet during the election. How in all that is holy is that even the same as or better than what Clinton or Franken did?
Because it is not illegal? I wonder why they paid her to keep her quiet? If the Access Hollywood tape didn't hurt Trump, this certainly isn't going to harm him. Of course,they may have not have know this at the time.


It is not illegal to pay someone to not speak out about an affair so they can be elected to public office? I just want to clarify before I go off.


No, why would it be? If private money is used then of course its not illegal.

If two people agree to something you can pay someone to do whatever you want (that's not breaking any laws like murder, etc)
Stay curious
 
coolian2
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:51 am

cledaybuck wrote:
seb146 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
Clinton was nearly thrown out of office because he lied under oath and what Franken did was more that just a few slip ups. Just because Trump is a scumbag doesn't mean we should overlook bad actions by the other side (and vise versa).


Clinton and Franken have been debated to death. The conclusion was that they (all Democrats, really) should never be allowed to vote or breed because they are scum of the earth but Republicans who do the exact same thing OR WORSE should be elected to every office because they demand a second (third, fourth, billionth) chance....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... ts-n855021

The report coming out is that Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet during the election. How in all that is holy is that even the same as or better than what Clinton or Franken did?
Because it is not illegal? I wonder why they paid her to keep her quiet? If the Access Hollywood tape didn't hurt Trump, this certainly isn't going to harm him. Of course,they may have not have know this at the time.


"It's ok because it didn't hurt him"
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/-88/CRJ-700/-900
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:04 am

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
Because it is not illegal? I wonder why they paid her to keep her quiet? If the Access Hollywood tape didn't hurt Trump, this certainly isn't going to harm him. Of course,they may have not have know this at the time.


It is not illegal to pay someone to not speak out about an affair so they can be elected to public office? I just want to clarify before I go off.


No, why would it be? If private money is used then of course its not illegal.

If two people agree to something you can pay someone to do whatever you want (that's not breaking any laws like murder, etc)


Here is $130,000 to stay quiet because I am running for president?!?!?!?!? Are you effing serious that you don't see anything wrong with that?????

http://www.newsweek.com/stormy-porn-tru ... ent-787115

No one is even sure where the money came from but we do know that a shell company, an LLC, was set up and she was told to stay quiet through that LLC.

How is none of this shady? How should none of this be looked into?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:06 am

coolian2 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Clinton and Franken have been debated to death. The conclusion was that they (all Democrats, really) should never be allowed to vote or breed because they are scum of the earth but Republicans who do the exact same thing OR WORSE should be elected to every office because they demand a second (third, fourth, billionth) chance....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... ts-n855021

The report coming out is that Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet during the election. How in all that is holy is that even the same as or better than what Clinton or Franken did?
Because it is not illegal? I wonder why they paid her to keep her quiet? If the Access Hollywood tape didn't hurt Trump, this certainly isn't going to harm him. Of course,they may have not have know this at the time.


"It's ok because it didn't hurt him"


As long as he keeps telling everyone he is a Christian and Republican, his base does not care. He really could shoot some random person or people on 5th Ave and his base would throw a party for him and even set up a Go Fund Me page for his defense!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
stratclub
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:50 am

Slick Willy should have just answered, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and left it at that. And really, someones sexual encounters are not anybodies business except the consenting people involved.
Trump? Once again it is a a question that is nobodies business except the consenting people involved.
Seriously, while we're all just wrestling around in the mud and the filth, we should dig up JFK so we can impeach him for his womanizing ways.

Prosecutor: "You honor, I would like the courts permission to treat this person as a hostile witness".
Judge: "Your witness does not appear to be hostile, he appears to be dead".
Prosecutor: "The law is very clear on this so I must insist".
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:40 am

stratclub wrote:
Slick Willy should have just answered, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and left it at that. And really, someones sexual encounters are not anybodies business except the consenting people involved.
Trump? Once again it is a a question that is nobodies business except the consenting people involved.
Seriously, while we're all just wrestling around in the mud and the filth, we should dig up JFK so we can impeach him for his womanizing ways.

Prosecutor: "You honor, I would like the courts permission to treat this person as a hostile witness".
Judge: "Your witness does not appear to be hostile, he appears to be dead".
Prosecutor: "The law is very clear on this so I must insist".


The current president keeps insisting he is Christian and that he is not a liar. Both are false. Also, bribery is against the law. See: $130,000 payoff to Stormy Daniels. It is the righties that keep screaming about "it's no one's business what consenting adults do!" You righties are so laser focused on that one point. Unless you talk about "Slick Willie" and his CONSENTING affairs. Then, all bets are off.

Stop justifying your liar in chief by bringing up Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is not being discussed in this thread. Bill Clinton is not the current president. As much as you righties love to deflect from your own leader's shortcomings, you have to own this. Personal responsibility. That is what you demand from the rest of us. I know you all are exempt from your own rules so why do I even bother writing all this?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:10 pm

seb146 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Clinton and Franken have been debated to death. The conclusion was that they (all Democrats, really) should never be allowed to vote or breed because they are scum of the earth but Republicans who do the exact same thing OR WORSE should be elected to every office because they demand a second (third, fourth, billionth) chance....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... ts-n855021

The report coming out is that Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet during the election. How in all that is holy is that even the same as or better than what Clinton or Franken did?
Because it is not illegal? I wonder why they paid her to keep her quiet? If the Access Hollywood tape didn't hurt Trump, this certainly isn't going to harm him. Of course,they may have not have know this at the time.


It is not illegal to pay someone to not speak out about an affair so they can be elected to public office? I just want to clarify before I go off.
I don't believe so, no. Ethical is a different question, but we have more than crossed that line a long time ago with Trump.
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

It is not illegal to pay someone to not speak out about an affair so they can be elected to public office? I just want to clarify before I go off.


No, why would it be? If private money is used then of course its not illegal.

If two people agree to something you can pay someone to do whatever you want (that's not breaking any laws like murder, etc)


Here is $130,000 to stay quiet because I am running for president?!?!?!?!? Are you effing serious that you don't see anything wrong with that?????

http://www.newsweek.com/stormy-porn-tru ... ent-787115

No one is even sure where the money came from but we do know that a shell company, an LLC, was set up and she was told to stay quiet through that LLC.

How is none of this shady? How should none of this be looked into?


It is shady- I don't think anyone is saying its not. It is fairly routine though- happens in every city across the USA all the time. There's lots of legal things that are shady. I find it pretty distasteful yeah. It is being looked into- its been the top story for over a week. There are ongoing court cases. There will be future litigation about it. Aren't you seeing any of this?
Stay curious
 
CCGPV
Posts: 1292
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:48 pm

seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
Slick Willy should have just answered, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and left it at that. And really, someones sexual encounters are not anybodies business except the consenting people involved.
Trump? Once again it is a a question that is nobodies business except the consenting people involved.
Seriously, while we're all just wrestling around in the mud and the filth, we should dig up JFK so we can impeach him for his womanizing ways.

Prosecutor: "You honor, I would like the courts permission to treat this person as a hostile witness".
Judge: "Your witness does not appear to be hostile, he appears to be dead".
Prosecutor: "The law is very clear on this so I must insist".


The current president keeps insisting he is Christian and that he is not a liar. Both are false. Also, bribery is against the law. See: $130,000 payoff to Stormy Daniels. It is the righties that keep screaming about "it's no one's business what consenting adults do!" You righties are so laser focused on that one point. Unless you talk about "Slick Willie" and his CONSENTING affairs. Then, all bets are off.

Stop justifying your liar in chief by bringing up Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is not being discussed in this thread. Bill Clinton is not the current president. As much as you righties love to deflect from your own leader's shortcomings, you have to own this. Personal responsibility. That is what you demand from the rest of us. I know you all are exempt from your own rules so why do I even bother writing all this?


It doesn't meet the legal definition of bribery. Its a confidentiality agreement. The source of the money is where it could be illegal and its being investigated to see if it was.

If you and I had a business meeting last night its not illegal for me to pay you to not tell anyone what we talked about. Its no different for an affair.
Stay curious
 
seb146
Posts: 16993
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:46 pm

CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
Slick Willy should have just answered, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and left it at that. And really, someones sexual encounters are not anybodies business except the consenting people involved.
Trump? Once again it is a a question that is nobodies business except the consenting people involved.
Seriously, while we're all just wrestling around in the mud and the filth, we should dig up JFK so we can impeach him for his womanizing ways.

Prosecutor: "You honor, I would like the courts permission to treat this person as a hostile witness".
Judge: "Your witness does not appear to be hostile, he appears to be dead".
Prosecutor: "The law is very clear on this so I must insist".


The current president keeps insisting he is Christian and that he is not a liar. Both are false. Also, bribery is against the law. See: $130,000 payoff to Stormy Daniels. It is the righties that keep screaming about "it's no one's business what consenting adults do!" You righties are so laser focused on that one point. Unless you talk about "Slick Willie" and his CONSENTING affairs. Then, all bets are off.

Stop justifying your liar in chief by bringing up Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is not being discussed in this thread. Bill Clinton is not the current president. As much as you righties love to deflect from your own leader's shortcomings, you have to own this. Personal responsibility. That is what you demand from the rest of us. I know you all are exempt from your own rules so why do I even bother writing all this?


It doesn't meet the legal definition of bribery. Its a confidentiality agreement. The source of the money is where it could be illegal and its being investigated to see if it was.

If you and I had a business meeting last night its not illegal for me to pay you to not tell anyone what we talked about. Its no different for an affair.


Why did it take so long to bribe her? From the time he cheated to the time the money was paid was years. If the two acts had happened the same time, I could understand. Also, what is up with setting up a shell company? Something is fishy about the whole thing.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: So what IF Trump had an affair with Stormy Daniels

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:12 pm

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The current president keeps insisting he is Christian and that he is not a liar. Both are false. Also, bribery is against the law. See: $130,000 payoff to Stormy Daniels. It is the righties that keep screaming about "it's no one's business what consenting adults do!" You righties are so laser focused on that one point. Unless you talk about "Slick Willie" and his CONSENTING affairs. Then, all bets are off.

Stop justifying your liar in chief by bringing up Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is not being discussed in this thread. Bill Clinton is not the current president. As much as you righties love to deflect from your own leader's shortcomings, you have to own this. Personal responsibility. That is what you demand from the rest of us. I know you all are exempt from your own rules so why do I even bother writing all this?


It doesn't meet the legal definition of bribery. Its a confidentiality agreement. The source of the money is where it could be illegal and its being investigated to see if it was.

If you and I had a business meeting last night its not illegal for me to pay you to not tell anyone what we talked about. Its no different for an affair.


Why did it take so long to bribe her? From the time he cheated to the time the money was paid was years. If the two acts had happened the same time, I could understand. Also, what is up with setting up a shell company? Something is fishy about the whole thing.
Because it wasn't that important until he was running for president? Or maybe she threatened to go public?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bagoldex, Dutchy, einsteinboricua, Kiwirob and 24 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos