bagoldex

Re: The US 2018 Elections

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:31 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
2122M wrote:

Lamb is pro-union, pro-clean energy (in coal country no less) and pro-ACA, in favor of higher taxes for the wealthy

Then why did he openly say he wouldn't support Pelosi?

There's a pronounced rift in the party between Pelosi supporters and her opponents. I'm as liberal as it gets but I wouldn't support her under any circumstances. First time I heard her shrill voice was at the DNC in Boston in 2004. About two minutes in I decided it was the perfect moment for a beverage and bathroom break. I was far from alone in that line of thinking, even then, almost fourteen years ago.

NIKV69

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:15 am

bagoldex wrote:
There's a pronounced rift in the party between Pelosi supporters and her opponents. I'm as liberal as it gets but I wouldn't support her under any circumstances. First time I heard her shrill voice was at the DNC in Boston in 2004. About two minutes in I decided it was the perfect moment for a beverage and bathroom break. I was far from alone in that line of thinking, even then, almost fourteen years ago.

Then why does the party still vote on her policies? You really are going to say you oppose her and then refuse to make a deal on DACA because you don't want a secure border (her position) ?

It's all talk. It is wasn't she wouldn't be minority leader and I am pretty sure if Lamb is certified he will vote in lock step with her and Schumer and Murray who are running the party and are hard left.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

jetero

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:33 am

NIKV69 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Then why does the party still vote on her policies? You really are going to say you oppose her and then refuse to make a deal on DACA because you don't want a secure border (her position) ?

It's all talk. It is wasn't she wouldn't be minority leader and I am pretty sure if Lamb is certified he will vote in lock step with her and Schumer and Murray who are running the party and are hard left.

Nikky V I think this is just the latest example of you not knowing what you’re talking about.

Voting against Pelosi means voting against her as Minority Leader. That doesn’t mean that he will take the exact opposite position as her on every vote.

What of Pelosi’s “policies,” as are evidenced by recent votes, are you against? DACA? Tax cuts? What did Conor Lamb say about those?

NIKV69

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:37 am

jetero wrote:

That doesn’t mean that he will take the exact opposite position as her on every vote.

He won't go against her on any vote if he wins the recount. Which will get him voted out in Nov. He has every opportunity to prove me wrong.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

jetero

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 am

NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:

That doesn’t mean that he will take the exact opposite position as her on every vote.

He won't go against her on any vote if he wins the recount. Which will get him voted out in Nov. He has every opportunity to prove me wrong.

So your standard is ... a Democrat rightfully elected must vote with the Republican Party or else he does not have your support?

seb146

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:40 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
With 100% of precincts reporting in the Pennsylvania special election, a Democrat is the projected winner

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ction.html

So much winning and #MAGA. Are you righties tired of all the winning? Of course, millions were voting illegally in this election, right?

I know there should be a recall when elections are this close and some votes may be invalidated, but, still: where is the chorus of "so much winning" and "stop the winning" when tRump was elected by a MINORITY of votes?

Dude get a grip. The GOP candidate was horrid and the Dem had to tell everyone he basically is a republican that won't support Nancy Pelosi to win. Which was a lie because if he survives the recount he is only in office till November when he has to run again and his voting record (Which will be hard left because Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer run the party and Lamb will vote how they tell him) will make sure he loses in the regular election.

So a Democrat listened to the voters in his district. The horror! And so what about Pelosi? What does Pelosi have to do with anything? He was trying to get a seat in Pennsylvania. He talked to voters in his Pennsylvania district. But, anything that is not MAGA is hard left to you and the rest of the righties and Trumpettes.

I think it is YOU who needs to "get a grip" dude.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Jouhou

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:38 am

NIKV69 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Why do republicans still support Paul Ryan? Mitch McTurtle? It's fundraising. Pelosi makes money somehow.

seb146

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:25 am

Lamb only won because of his looks anyway, guys

https://thinkprogress.org/fox-and-frien ... 7517c459a/

So, following right wing logic, hire the crew of High School Musical to be Republicans and no problem, right? What are these people smoking and why don't they share? smdh....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

tommy1808

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:47 am

2122M wrote:
And the GOP candidate may have not been great (very few are), but that doesn't change the fact that Trump went out there to rally for him and it didn't do squat to help.

...and that rally was so batsh*t crazy that the cute 19 year old in the right top background and the zero-emotion Asian guy in the lower left corner were the best part of it. Trump talking gibberish has gotten way too normal.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

2122M

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:05 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
2122M wrote:

Lamb is pro-union, pro-clean energy (in coal country no less) and pro-ACA, in favor of higher taxes for the wealthy

Because he's more center left than Pelosi. Pretty simple really. That doesn't make him a Republican.

jetero

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:59 pm

2122M wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
2122M wrote:

Because he's more center left than Pelosi. Pretty simple really. That doesn't make him a Republican.

After engaging in such debates for awhile, I’ve realized that nothing is simple for Nikky V. Or for me when he talks. It’s like he’s living on a different wavelength.

727LOVER

Tue May 08, 2018 2:30 am

OK, so there are some primaries on Tuesday. This may give an indication if the Bannonites candidates will otherthrow traditional Republicans.

In the West Virginia senate primary, this candidate who is described as TRUMPIER THAN TRUMP is poised to win

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/9c8fdaec-6 ... ve-of.html

But Trump opposes him:
Blankenship -- a former coal executive who spent a year in prison over safety lapses linked to the deaths of 29 miners -- has peddled conspiracy theories, used racially charged terms, and coined incendiary, Trump-like nicknames for his opponents.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-president ... 22728.html

Check out Indiana:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-big-go ... 57283.html
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:07 am

Never-Trumper SC Mark Sanford defeated in GOP Primary by Katie Arrington

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/39 ... -for-trump

Mark Sanford has been very unhelpful to me in my campaign to MAGA. He is MIA and nothing but trouble. He is better off in Argentina. I fully endorse Katie Arrington for Congress in SC, a state I love. She is tough on crime and will continue our fight to lower taxes. VOTE Katie!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 12, 2018

Another one Bites the Dust ! !
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

2122M

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:50 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Never-Trumper SC Mark Sanford defeated in GOP Primary by Katie Arrington

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/39 ... -for-trump

Mark Sanford has been very unhelpful to me in my campaign to MAGA. He is MIA and nothing but trouble. He is better off in Argentina. I fully endorse Katie Arrington for Congress in SC, a state I love. She is tough on crime and will continue our fight to lower taxes. VOTE Katie!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 12, 2018

Another one Bites the Dust ! !

I wonder how many of those Sanford voters are also 'Never Trumpers' and will either sit out or vote for Cunningham in November.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:12 pm

2122M wrote:
I wonder how many of those Sanford voters are also 'Never Trumpers' and will either sit out or vote for Cunningham in November.

A majority of Republicans have no shame or honor anymore. "Never Trumpers" will hold their nose and vote for the Republican candidate because, in their view, having a Republican (no matter how kooky) is better than having a Democrat. It's how Democrats keep losing elections: a moderate Republican will likely vote for the kooky Republican knowing they can get maybe 50% of what they care about as opposed to likely 0% with a Democrat.

Sanford himself is a product of this action. Republicans, who have so long clung to the "family values" mantra, allowed him to claim a US House seat...why? Because Sanford has an 'R' next to his name...and God told him he forgave him.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."