Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Mortyman
Topic Author

Someone forged a Nobel Peace Prize nomination of Trump, Norwegian officials say

Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Someone forged a Nobel Peace Prize nomination of Trump, Norwegian officials say

A person appears to have stolen someone’s identity to nominate President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize — for the second year in a row.

Olav Njolstad, director of the Norwegian Nobel Institute and secretary of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, which awards the Peace Prize, told The Washington Post via email that it appears the same person is responsible for both forged nominations. The perpetrator had pretended to be someone else to make the nomination, Njolstad said — someone who was qualified.

“We receive many invalid nominations each year in the sense that they don’t meet the deadline or the nominator is not in fact qualified to nominate,” Njolstad said. “But to my knowledge this is the first example of a forged nomination where someone has stolen the identity of another person.”

The Oslo Police Department in Norway and also the FBI is working on it ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 2f2159b9e9

Dutchy

Re: Someone forged a Nobel Peace Prize nomination of Trump, Norwegian officials say

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Lol, another problem for president Trump? Would be hilarious if it came out that Trump has had anything to do with that :lol:

CCGPV

Re: Someone forged a Nobel Peace Prize nomination of Trump, Norwegian officials say

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Would it be any sillier than when Obama was nominated?

How many people did Obama end up authorizing to be droned to death?

jetero

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:04 pm

CCGPV wrote:

Oh good Lord.

Someone posts something and the response is always a foil.

Maybe we can go back and forth on that for 20 posts.

Dahlgardo

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Why does every day need a thread that has some negative story or angle about Trump?
I can understand why many people think the guy is not an impressive person, but the constant redicule looks most of all like a childish obsession.

Regressive leftists who thrive on these stories should be happy the current president is one if the most liberal republicans ever to have taken office.

seb146

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
Why does every day need a thread that has some negative story or angle about Trump?
I can understand why many people think the guy is not an impressive person, but the constant redicule looks most of all like a childish obsession.

Regressive leftists who thrive on these stories should be happy the current president is one if the most liberal republicans ever to have taken office.

Why not? Every day for eight years, we had posts about how awful Obama was. Much of it had to do with "how dare he use Dijon mustard!" or "how dare Michelle go sleeveless!" or something inane. In the case of the current administration, there actually ARE negative things going on.

Many of us would be much happier debating policy. Like we did back in the good old days. But, with the rise of right wing media and hatred of all things Democrat, that will not happen any time soon....

Jouhou

Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:

Honestly his statements yesterday gave me the best laughs of his presidency.

jetero

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:39 pm

seb146 wrote:
Why not? Every day for eight years, we had posts about how awful Obama was.

Don’t forget Hillary!!!

Dahlgardo

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
Why not? Every day for eight years, we had posts about how awful Obama was. Much of it had to do with "how dare he use Dijon mustard!" or "how dare Michelle go sleeveless!" or something inane. In the case of the current administration, there actually ARE negative things going on.

Many of us would be much happier debating policy. Like we did back in the good old days. But, with the rise of right wing media and hatred of all things Democrat, that will not happen any time soon....

I have no recollection about daily negative threads about trying to redicule Obama personally for any no good reason.
Obama appeared cool and eloquent, but there is not much good to say about his legacy, espacially foreign policy, which turned out to be a disaster.

So Trump looks weird and says unfortunate things, but don't be a child about it, and learn to focus on the politics instead.

And yeah, I know you see nazis, racists and "ultra right wingers" everywhere, but the "rise of right wing" (conservative could be a better word) media could actually be because of the EXTREME left wing bias the mass media currently displays.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/12/media-bias-continues-90-of-trump-coverage-in-last-/

Journalists should be embarrased about this.

jetero

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I have no recollection about daily negative threads about trying to redicule Obama personally for any no good reason.
Obama appeared cool and eloquent, but there is not much good to say about his legacy, espacially foreign policy, which turned out to be a disaster.

So Trump looks weird and says unfortunate things, but don't be a child about it, and learn to focus on the politics instead.

And yeah, I know you see nazis, racists and "ultra right wingers" everywhere, but the "rise of right wing" (conservative could be a better word) media could actually be because of the EXTREME left wing bias the mass media currently displays.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/12/media-bias-continues-90-of-trump-coverage-in-last-/

Washington Times . . . now there's an unbiased source . . .

seb146

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
seb146 wrote:

He spends nearly every weekend at a tRump owned resort playing golf. You righties went nuts when Obama played golf. Now, crickets. He defends neo-nazis, white supremacists, and KKK. You righties went nuts because Obama went to a church in Chicago which hosted some Black activist. He gives money to the rich and the economy is already showing signs of weakness. There were 75 straight months of job growth under Obama and the Stock Market kept going up and up and up. He talks about "draining the swamp" but his appointees are being indicted one after the other.

Obama was not the greatest president ever, but he is head and shoulders above many. Including this one.

One last thing: you cry about "media bias" from the left and, yet, you cite a right wing biased source. Try again using something not so biased.

Dahlgardo

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:33 pm

seb146 wrote:
He spends nearly every weekend at a tRump owned resort playing golf. You righties went nuts when Obama played golf. Now, crickets. He defends neo-nazis, white supremacists, and KKK. You righties went nuts because Obama went to a church in Chicago which hosted some Black activist. He gives money to the rich and the economy is already showing signs of weakness. There were 75 straight months of job growth under Obama and the Stock Market kept going up and up and up. He talks about "draining the swamp" but his appointees are being indicted one after the other.

Obama was not the greatest president ever, but he is head and shoulders above many. Including this one.

One last thing: you cry about "media bias" from the left and, yet, you cite a right wing biased source. Try again using something not so biased.

There you go again, labelling, throwing false accusation and yelling about nazis and white supremacists.
I have no idea why you think that kind of tone facilitates a good debate.

Since you label me a "right winger", please elaborate what you mean by that ?
FWIW, I don't care about where Obama went to church. I don't even think he is religious, but he only associated with a church for political reasons. So what's your point?
As for Trump supporting KKK or whatever...yeah, good for you.

BestWestern

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:52 pm

The whatabout style nature of discussions are tiring.

Secondly, just because you don’t support Trump doesn’t mean you are a regressive leftist.

2122M

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:

There needs to be threads like these and stories like these everyday because the alternative would be to allow Trumpism to become a normal and acceptable reality when in truth there is nothing normal and nothing acceptable about his behavior, personal or political.

cledaybuck

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:14 pm

2122M wrote:
Dahlgardo wrote:

There needs to be threads like these and stories like these everyday because the alternative would be to allow Trumpism to become a normal and acceptable reality when in truth there is nothing normal and nothing acceptable about his behavior, personal or political.
Too late.

seb146

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:51 pm

Dahlgardo wrote:
seb146 wrote:

There you go again, labelling, throwing false accusation and yelling about nazis and white supremacists.
I have no idea why you think that kind of tone facilitates a good debate.

Since you label me a "right winger", please elaborate what you mean by that ?
FWIW, I don't care about where Obama went to church. I don't even think he is religious, but he only associated with a church for political reasons. So what's your point?
As for Trump supporting KKK or whatever...yeah, good for you.

In other words, if you didn't see it, it didn't happen? Not good. Not good at all. Ignorance is no excuse. Just because Fox and Washington Times and InfoWars did not say it does not mean it did not happen. Go learn history, then come back and hold an honest and thoughtful discussion.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... es/537012/

As far as Obama being Christian, you righties were shrieking and howling about how he is Muslim or just Christian for show. You righties and evangelicals have defended tRump and his constant affairs and having three wives (an offence punishable by death, according to your holy book) and children by different women, cheating on his wives, but Obama going to that one church all those years is just the worst offense ever! Why? You all scream about sanctity of marriage but you gladly stand behind Mr. Grab Women By The P*ssy. Yes, you evangelicals and righties SHOULD be called out on your hypocrisy every chance. Don't like it? Stop defending him!

CCGPV

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:49 am

jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Oh good Lord.

But in the other thread they said it was legitimate to do that so I just did. It has to work both ways?

CCGPV

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 am

Why do people write it tRump.

Is that supposed to indicate something? Like an anus or bottom?

jetero

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:25 am

CCGPV wrote:

I’d like to know the answer to that, too. I consider myself one of the “cool kids,” with my constant Trump bashing and hiding my time to take away the rights of “real Americans,” but the tRump thing I’m not in on.

jetero

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:26 am

CCGPV wrote:
jetero wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Oh good Lord.

But in the other thread they said it was legitimate to do that so I just did. It has to work both ways?

Oh CCGPV, you get your moral and intellectual standards here?!

seb146

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:28 am

CCGPV wrote:

For years, righties wrote "Nobama" or "Obummer." Turnabout is fair play. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

CCGPV

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:30 am

seb146 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

For years, righties wrote "Nobama" or "Obummer." Turnabout is fair play. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

I guess so.

That's what I thought. It might be fair play but its pretty lame (on both sides).