Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

anrec80

Re: Russia needs to stop ruining everything.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Jouhou wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
I'm pretty sure if anyone else other than Russia is causing chaos there, Its the Turks.

What does that have to do with you? And what permission does that provide you to bomb there whatever you feel like? Yes, in some areas, there is some war-inflicted chaos. But overall, their approach is structured - well planned and carried out military operation, along with large-scale talks in Sochi and Astana. Just please don't start about "hospitals" - ask yourself how many hundreds of thousands casualties were in Iraq and Libya as the result of your actions. And what are you going to do with Iraq and Afghanistan - you have no strategy or plans there whatsoever. And how and when you gonna get out of there.

I don't think you get to complain about whataboutisms.

Learned from Dutchy the "ultimate argument", huh?

Jouhou
Topic Author

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:36 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
anrec80 wrote:

What does that have to do with you? And what permission does that provide you to bomb there whatever you feel like? Yes, in some areas, there is some war-inflicted chaos. But overall, their approach is structured - well planned and carried out military operation, along with large-scale talks in Sochi and Astana. Just please don't start about "hospitals" - ask yourself how many hundreds of thousands casualties were in Iraq and Libya as the result of your actions. And what are you going to do with Iraq and Afghanistan - you have no strategy or plans there whatsoever. And how and when you gonna get out of there.

I don't think you get to complain about whataboutisms.

Learned from Dutchy the "ultimate argument", huh?

No, learned to copy your tactics actually. :)

Aesma

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:00 pm

WIederling wrote:
That Brit trumped up poisoning thing seems to collapse too:
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... -wmd-scam/

Plenty of people in the US wanted a revenge war in Iraq, and would earn gigantic amounts of money getting that war.

Can you explain what the UK is supposed to gain with the current situation regarding Russia ?

Jouhou
Topic Author

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Aesma wrote:
WIederling wrote:

Plenty of people in the US wanted a revenge war in Iraq, and would earn gigantic amounts of money getting that war.

Can you explain what the UK is supposed to gain with the current situation regarding Russia ?

Hey now, many of us thought it was a horrible idea from the start (Iraq pt2)

anrec80

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:54 pm

Aesma wrote:
WIederling wrote:

Well - some people would earn some sizable amount of money. Military industry mostly. For the rest - those are huge losses, trillions of debt that nobody will know how to pay back.

Speaking of UK - I had no idea what their goals and hopes were. Before making such statements, they should have established some suspects at least and had a court case number.

Jouhou
Topic Author

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:57 pm

They do have a suspect: putin.

You know, if I came in here going on about how kind and generous Russia has been to the world, everyone would assume I was being sarcastic anyways.

anrec80

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:24 am

Jouhou wrote:
They do have a suspect: putin.

You know, if I came in here going on about how kind and generous Russia has been to the world, everyone would assume I was being sarcastic anyways.

Nope, “suspect” isn’t what she said. What she said was “with high degree of probability”. :).

Yeah and I forgot one more thing. While Theresa May was giving her comedy show in British Parliament, right there in London, on the exchange, Gazprom was happily selling bonds. And investors were just as happily buying them. Gazprom got $$$ it was after under very low interest rates, lower than they planned.

Aesma

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:54 am

Well, maybe you should ask yourself why that is enough to punish Russia ? Maybe because that's not the first such assassination ? Maybe because they're signed and made precisely so that everyone knows who did it ?

How do you think the reverse situation would go, say if the US assassinated Snowden using VX, hurting Russians in the process ?

Jouhou
Topic Author

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:09 am

Aesma wrote:
Well, maybe you should ask yourself why that is enough to punish Russia ? Maybe because that's not the first such assassination ? Maybe because they're signed and made precisely so that everyone knows who did it ?

How do you think the reverse situation would go, say if the US assassinated Snowden using VX, hurting Russians in the process ?

They would assume Putin did it and immediately start making excuses for Putin and blaming the US, and no one would believe them because apparently "the boy who cried wolf" isn't a story told in Russia.

anrec80

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:21 am

Aesma wrote:

Why not wait and see what the investigation shows, before “punishing” anyone? Nothing yet at all - chemists didn’t even establish the country of origin yet, and Theresa May somehow did. Perhaps she’s a prophet with superpowers of some kind?

And - why do these things happen only in Britain? Why does the UK take all these dudes with very dark and secretive pages in their life journey? They must understand that each one such dude has a trail of followers like him. And once you do - there is no surprises. Britain simply needs to better select people it lets in.

Dutchy

Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:53 am

anrec80 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Why not wait and see what the investigation shows, before “punishing” anyone? Nothing yet at all - chemists didn’t even establish the country of origin yet, and Theresa May somehow did. Perhaps she’s a prophet with superpowers of some kind?

And - why do these things happen only in Britain? Why does the UK take all these dudes with very dark and secretive pages in their life journey? They must understand that each one such dude has a trail of followers like him. And once you do - there is no surprises. Britain simply needs to better select people it lets in.

1. how do you know chemist didn't find anything? Did you receive a briefing about this?
2. mixed message here? If Russia doesn't do this, why should these Russian spies be in danger and why should it select the people better? Furthermore this spy spied for the UK and turned his back on Putin's Russia, so it would be harsh not letting him in.

Freakysh

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:31 am

The accusation that Russia was responsible for the novichok attack has fallen on its arse, and rightly so. Thank goodness people have called for evidence and are sceptical to just take the word of the UK government.

Ball now firmly in the UK governments court, whereby they can either put up or shut up.

Considering they made the claims well before it was plausible to have done a sufficiently thorough investigation, my guess will be that Therese May will be left with egg on her face.

Still have faith that the West has checks and balances

Scorpius

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 am

Thanks to the hysterics of the British foreign Ministry, Putin received almost 77% of the vote in the election. Without the hysterics of the British, he would have received 10-15% less.

Scorpius

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:56 am

Well, of course, Russia always kills spies using a method that will certainly point to Russia. Polonium and chemical warfare gas - it's such imperceptible tools for murder, well, no one will come to mind to link them with the Russian intelligence services. In a situation where there are hundreds of ways to eliminate a person - from a knife in an alley to a sniper bullet or "suicide" - always choose the most elusive way to eliminate, which can track all participants.

...Do I have a feeling that Western governments select only people with IQ less than 80.

WIederling

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:19 am

Jouhou wrote:
whataboutisms.

42 and not "whataboutisms" is the perfect answer to anything.
Some posters urgently need to grow up.

Freakysh

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:21 am

Scorpius wrote:
Well, of course, Russia always kills spies using a method that will certainly point to Russia. Polonium and chemical warfare gas - it's such imperceptible tools for murder, well, no one will come to mind to link them with the Russian intelligence services. In a situation where there are hundreds of ways to eliminate a person - from a knife in an alley to a sniper bullet or "suicide" - always choose the most elusive way to eliminate, which can track all participants.

...Do I have a feeling that Western governments select only people with IQ less than 80.

No, it's the western masses that swallow this laughable narrative with a great appetite and without question. You can pull off stunts like this when most of your populace can't think for themselves.

Dutchy

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Thanks to the hysterics of the British foreign Ministry, Putin received almost 77% of the vote in the election. Without the hysterics of the British, he would have received 10-15% less.

Really? Prime minister May has this much influence on Russian people in order to get them vote differently? Perhaps this is the reason why Putin did it just before his elections then? The UK reaction was quite predictable and you just gave a big motive for Russia to do it.

So if you are right it gives the Putin regime a motive to do this attack and time it like this and Russian people are more influenced by May then Putin.

Great post, Scorpius, thanks for this.

Freakysh

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:44 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Really? Prime minister May has this much influence on Russian people in order to get them vote differently? Perhaps this is the reason why Putin did it just before his elections then? The UK reaction was quite predictable and you just gave a big motive for Russia to do it.

So if you are right it gives the Putin regime a motive to do this attack and time it like this and Russian people are more influenced by May then Putin.

Ha ha, it's improved your case from pathetically weak, to incredibly weak. I sometimes wonder if you are actually serious.

WIederling

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Really? Prime minister May has this much influence on Russian people in order to get them vote differently?

Works for other constituencies too.

My guess would be that international derision brought lots of votes from fly over and redneck countries in the US.
Advantage Bush43 and Trump45.

Ancillary: as a GOP candidate go abroad and piss of your guests there. Cheapest way ever to garner votes at home.

WIederling

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:07 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Yes, there are estimates like this. Perhaps Russia also should sanction Britain for their election meddling?

Even in the US they do that only when the outcome doesn't meet some special interest groups expectations.

anrec80

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Yes, there are estimates like this. Perhaps Russia also should sanction Britain for their election meddling?

Dutchy

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:16 pm

anrec80 wrote:

oh, my funny Russian friend, you are hilarious.

Scorpius

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Dutchy wrote:

All the Russians around you are bad-and only you stand alone here all white and beautiful. Continue to convince yourself of that.

Dutchy

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

All the Russians around you are bad-and only you stand alone here all white and beautiful. Continue to convince yourself of that.

Turn that argument around, my friend, "everybody around you is bad, and Russia stands alone here all white and beautiful"

BTW, I don't think all Russians are bad, never said such a thing, so you are oversimplifying things and thus framing it like that. Don't do that, it is so old and tiresome.

I do have, however, have a problem with most of the Putin regimes policies, but I make a distinction between the two, do you?

anrec80

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 am

Dutchy wrote:
Turn that argument around, my friend, "everybody around you is bad, and Russia stands alone here all white and beautiful"

BTW, I don't think all Russians are bad, never said such a thing, so you are oversimplifying things and thus framing it like that. Don't do that, it is so old and tiresome.

I do have, however, have a problem with most of the Putin regimes policies, but I make a distinction between the two, do you?

You sure can have an opinion, but what's your problem? You did not elect Putin, and it's not his job to make you like him or his policies; he is not a Hollywood star. He is accountable to his voters and recent re-election results clearly show he is doing his job really well.

Dutchy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:20 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You sure can have an opinion, but what's your problem? You did not elect Putin, and it's not his job to make you like him or his policies; he is not a Hollywood star. He is accountable to his voters and recent re-election results clearly show he is doing his job really well.

By that logic, Kim Jong-un must be the best leader in the whole wide world with 98% of the votes. :lol:

anrec80

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:29 am

Dutchy wrote:
By that logic, Kim Jong-un must be the best leader in the whole wide world with 98% of the votes. :lol:

That's up to North Koreans to decide, whether he is best for them or not. That's none of my concerns, and neither they should yours.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:43 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

That's up to North Koreans to decide, whether he is best for them or not. That's none of my concerns, and neither they should yours.

Yeah, I bet they get a 'say' in it all the time. :roll:

A lot of the post cold war chaos has been a product of the US and EU not working towards common goals anymore. It's a very half ass'd alliance on both sides.

anrec80

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:01 am

Varsity1 wrote:

A lot of the post cold war chaos has been a product of the US and EU not working towards common goals anymore. It's a very half ass'd alliance on both sides.

Since it’s not your country, and you aren’t a citizen of it - it’s not up to you either. Speaking of goals - frankly, I agree with you. US and EU should have been working on fixing their own domestic issues - unemployment, overtaxation, aging population, economic growth, opportunities for next generations. As opposed to sticking all over the world. Then the world would have been a much better and safer place to live in.

Dutchy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:45 am

anrec80 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

Since it’s not your country, and you aren’t a citizen of it - it’s not up to you either. Speaking of goals - frankly, I agree with you. US and EU should have been working on fixing their own domestic issues - unemployment, overtaxation, aging population, economic growth, opportunities for next generations. As opposed to sticking all over the world. Then the world would have been a much better and safer place to live in.

Alright, so that's your story? So you condemn the Putin regime for meddling in Moldovia's, Georgia's, Syrian and Ukrainian affairs. Duly noted.

And btw are you trying to lecture the EU and US about their "problems", it is our affair not yours, just to keep your train of thought clear, right?

Dutchy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:57 am

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

And there is your bullshit argument again. But at least be principled on that and condemn the Putin regime for meddling in other countries business as well. Otherwise, you are being hypocritical.

Scorpius

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:35 am

Dutchy wrote:

Alright, so that's your story? So you condemn the Putin regime for meddling in Moldovia's, Georgia's, Syrian and Ukrainian affairs. Duly noted.

And btw are you trying to lecture the EU and US about their "problems", it is our affair not yours, just to keep your train of thought clear, right?

Ah, the typical "whataboutism".
Russia does not interfere in the Affairs of any Mexico or Canada, are not satisfied with there military coups. Russia's policy in the first place on its territory. The fact that you call Ukraine, Moldova and other countries of the former USSR "sovereign and independent" does not make them so.
And the only player interested in their prosperity is Russia. But historically, these States can flourish only as part of Russia - their statehood was born only after these territories were taken over by the Russians.
You, the representatives of the West, are only interested in the destruction and transformation of these countries into your colonies - financially and geographically. To do this, you support the openly Nazi regimes there (as in the Baltic States and Ukraine) and destabilize the situation in every possible way. In the same Baltic States after leaving the Soviet Union has seen a rapid decline in the population - Latvia, for example, has lost 25%.
We see everything perfectly well on your cases and their results. while Ukraine was in the sphere of influence of Russia-in Ukraine there was no war. The war was unleashed with the help of Western countries.
In Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania Russians are discriminated against on ethnic grounds - but for some reason you do not care about the actions of the Baltic regimes. Instead, you invent the Putin regime (in which no people are discriminated against on ethnic grounds).
The ethnic cleansing which led the Georgians in Abkhazia and South Ossetia somehow not mentioned in the Western media, how about the fact that the war 8.8.8. it began with the shelling by Georgian troops of Tskhinvali from RSZO, which killed more than two thousand citizens of South Ossetia. And if Russia had not introduced its troops, many more citizens of South Ossetia would have died, because first of all Georgians began to kill Ossetians.

WIederling

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Varsity1 wrote:

Deeming themselves the winner the US started an undeclared full spectrum war on their former allies ( and most everybody else.)
after the fall of the Soviet Union.
Most activity seems to center on destabilizing the pivot between Europe and Asia with Israel providing for the fortified island in that mess.

Dutchy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Russia does not interfere in the Affairs of any Mexico or Canada, are not satisfied with there military coups. Russia's policy in the first place on its territory. The fact that you call Ukraine, Moldova and other countries of the former USSR "sovereign and independent" does not make them so.
And the only player interested in their prosperity is Russia. But historically, these States can flourish only as part of Russia - their statehood was born only after these territories were taken over by the Russians.
You, the representatives of the West, are only interested in the destruction and transformation of these countries into your colonies - financially and geographically. To do this, you support the openly Nazi regimes there (as in the Baltic States and Ukraine) and destabilize the situation in every possible way. In the same Baltic States after leaving the Soviet Union has seen a rapid decline in the population - Latvia, for example, has lost 25%.
We see everything perfectly well on your cases and their results. while Ukraine was in the sphere of influence of Russia-in Ukraine there was no war. The war was unleashed with the help of Western countries.
In Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania Russians are discriminated against on ethnic grounds - but for some reason you do not care about the actions of the Baltic regimes. Instead, you invent the Putin regime (in which no people are discriminated against on ethnic grounds).
The ethnic cleansing which led the Georgians in Abkhazia and South Ossetia somehow not mentioned in the Western media, how about the fact that the war 8.8.8. it began with the shelling by Georgian troops of Tskhinvali from RSZO, which killed more than two thousand citizens of South Ossetia. And if Russia had not introduced its troops, many more citizens of South Ossetia would have died, because first of all Georgians began to kill Ossetians.

"You, the representatives of the West, are only interested in the destruction and transformation of these countries into your colonies - financially and geographically." --> I do not claim and do not represent anybody but myself. As I hope you do not represent Russia, I would hate to have your opinion be the norm in Russia.

Condescending argument: "these States can flourish only as part of Russia". Learn to live with it that the Baltic states and Ukraine aren't part of Russia anymore. That would make your life a lot easier. Baltic states chose EU. If Russians or Latvians from Russian descent feel discriminated against, they are welcome to go to the European Court of Human Rights.

And on racism in Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Russia Not to mention the discrimination against LGTB communities.

Scorpius

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

"You, the representatives of the West, are only interested in the destruction and transformation of these countries into your colonies - financially and geographically." --> I do not claim and do not represent anybody but myself. As I hope you do not represent Russia, I would hate to have your opinion be the norm in Russia.

Condescending argument: "these States can flourish only as part of Russia". Learn to live with it that the Baltic states and Ukraine aren't part of Russia anymore. That would make your life a lot easier. Baltic states chose EU. If Russians or Latvians from Russian descent feel discriminated against, they are welcome to go to the European Court of Human Rights.

And on racism in Russia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Russia Not to mention the discrimination against LGTB communities.

1. It is not up to you to decide whether Ukraine or the Baltic States are a part of it. The separatist nationalist regimes that Europe supports will be overthrown, and the peoples of the Baltic States and Ukraine will return to Russia, where they have been for more than three hundred years. You can drag anything you want about it, but the Russians take their own. Always. Alien we do not have, but we do not give up their territory and their people.

2. And Yes, you personally do not have the right to say anything about Ukraine-you do not even have relatives there. I have one. And my family - and tens of people were separated borders as a result of illegal collapse of the USSR and separatistische separation of Ukraine. And Yes, my ancestors to the 17th century lived on the territory near Pskov, and from the 17th century I live not far from Zhitomir. T These lands belong to them, not the Europeans or the Hutsuls of the Carpathians, whatever may be said of the latter. Ukraine has been and will remain part of the Russian state, as it was since its appearance in the Tenth century.Ukraine has been and will remain part of the Russian state, as it was since its appearance in the Tenth century.The Baltic States were annexed to Russia by the results of the Northern war in 1721, and these territories were honestly purchased by Russia from Sweden. Together with all the population, all the cities and villages that were on these lands. Until then, no independent Baltic States were out of the question at all.

Unlike Europe and the USA, in Russia, nationalist ideology is banned, no nation is harmed by the adoption of discriminatory laws (Hello, Baltic States!), and in the article on your link given crazy examples, most of which first are banal hooliganism or banditry. Examples of racism from Europe and the United States can result in a lot more. Especially your attitude towards Muslims is indicative.

Not to mention the discrimination against LGTB communities

Again, it's none of your business. Our society does not accept LGBT people from moral and ethical norms that regulate social relations. In the end, I have repeatedly explained the reasons for the relationship and the reality of the relationship to LGBT people in Russia. Public disapproval you try to expose as infringement of the rights, and it is a lie.

Tugger

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Scorpius wrote:
It is not up to you to decide whether Ukraine or the Baltic States are a part of it. The separatist nationalist regimes that Europe supports will be overthrown, and the peoples of the Baltic States and Ukraine will return to Russia, where they have been for more than three hundred years. You can drag anything you want about it, but the Russians take their own. Always.

To put it bluntly: It is not up to you either. And if asked to help the west will. Sovereign nations... that is something you do not appear to understand, they are not "Russia" and are not required to "return". The only thing nations require, including Russia, is respect of their sovereignty.

Tugg

Dutchy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

1. It is not up to you to decide whether Ukraine or the Baltic States are a part of it. The separatist nationalist regimes that Europe supports will be overthrown, and the peoples of the Baltic States and Ukraine will return to Russia, where they have been for more than three hundred years. You can drag anything you want about it, but the Russians take their own. Always. Alien we do not have, but we do not give up their territory and their people.

2. And Yes, you personally do not have the right to say anything about Ukraine-you do not even have relatives there. I have one. And my family - and tens of people were separated borders as a result of illegal collapse of the USSR and separatistische separation of Ukraine. And Yes, my ancestors to the 17th century lived on the territory near Pskov, and from the 17th century I live not far from Zhitomir. T These lands belong to them, not the Europeans or the Hutsuls of the Carpathians, whatever may be said of the latter. Ukraine has been and will remain part of the Russian state, as it was since its appearance in the Tenth century.Ukraine has been and will remain part of the Russian state, as it was since its appearance in the Tenth century.The Baltic States were annexed to Russia by the results of the Northern war in 1721, and these territories were honestly purchased by Russia from Sweden. Together with all the population, all the cities and villages that were on these lands. Until then, no independent Baltic States were out of the question at all.

Unlike Europe and the USA, in Russia, nationalist ideology is banned, no nation is harmed by the adoption of discriminatory laws (Hello, Baltic States!), and in the article on your link given crazy examples, most of which first are banal hooliganism or banditry. Examples of racism from Europe and the United States can result in a lot more. Especially your attitude towards Muslims is indicative.

Again, it's none of your business. Our society does not accept LGBT people from moral and ethical norms that regulate social relations. In the end, I have repeatedly explained the reasons for the relationship and the reality of the relationship to LGBT people in Russia. Public disapproval you try to expose as an infringement of the rights, and it is a lie.

1. True it is not up to me to decide and it is certainly not up to you. And your imperialistic views are well known around here, don't care about them.
2. So you think you have more to say about another country because you have 1 relative there? Hilarious. And your ancestors did in human trafficking and you are proud of it. My ancestors - or my fellow countrymen's ancestors to be exact - did in human trafficking and I consider that a black page in our nation's history. Must be a culture thing than.
3. Nationalistic ideology banned in Russia? All your post are full of nationalistic rhetoric, so I wouldn't shout it out so loud if I were you, I wouldn't want you to end up in jail :lol:
4. Fine, but never ever claim Russia isn't discriminatory society. So welcome back to earth, my Russian friend, the moral high road doesn't suit you at all.

CCGPV

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Their population is literally drinking themselves to death because its such a nice easy place to live.

The average Russian man dies at 65.

I've had the ability to travel in Russia and its like stepping back into the 1930's when you go 30 minutes outside a city of any size. Its amazing they posture themselves as well as they do- denial and propaganda is an amazing thing. Its a terrible place to live. Let them continue to think they are relevant while the rest of the free and open world lives like kings.

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 pm

CCGPV wrote:
Their population is literally drinking themselves to death because its such a nice easy place to live.

I've had the ability to travel in Russia and its like stepping back into the 1930's when you go 30 minutes outside a city of any size. Its amazing they posture themselves as well as they do- denial and propaganda is an amazing thing. Its a terrible place to live. Let them continue to think they are relevant while the rest of the free and open world lives like kings.

Ah c'mon.

Where do you goofs get your outdated scripts? Last almost 10 years the Russian population has been pretty much stable, either a slight decrease or a slight increase. Look at statistics. Oh, and the life expectancy is stably growing.

Good way to rule out someone with the intelligence to check his facts and those unable to do that though :lol:

seb146

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Scorpius wrote:

Again, it's none of your business. Our society does not accept LGBT people from moral and ethical norms that regulate social relations. In the end, I have repeatedly explained the reasons for the relationship and the reality of the relationship to LGBT people in Russia. Public disapproval you try to expose as infringement of the rights, and it is a lie.

Russia will NOT take back Finland, Alaska or the West Coast of Canada and the United States.

SOME of the public in the United States disapproves of LGBTQI in the United States, too. Does that make it right? "He looked at me funny so I will kill him" is a good thing how? Why is it so bad to just let people live their lives? What does it have to do with you, personally, if a male/male couple in Paris are living happily ever after if you live on the other side of the world? Or even next door? How does it make your life worse?

Dutchy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:33 pm

seb146 wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Russia will NOT take back Finland, Alaska or the West Coast of Canada and the United States.

SOME of the public in the United States disapproves of LGBTQI in the United States, too. Does that make it right? "He looked at me funny so I will kill him" is a good thing how? Why is it so bad to just let people live their lives? What does it have to do with you, personally, if a male/male couple in Paris are living happily ever after if you live on the other side of the world? Or even next door? How does it make your life worse?

:checkmark: Exactly, if you don't want gay marriage, don't have one, if you don't want to have a partner of the same sex as you, don't have one. But why would your own values be pressed on others? It is just misplaced superiority, certainly with something like this which is just natural.

CCGPV

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:36 pm

tu204 wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Ah c'mon.

Where do you goofs get your outdated scripts? Last almost 10 years the Russian population has been pretty much stable, either a slight decrease or a slight increase. Look at statistics. Oh, and the life expectancy is stably growing.

Good way to rule out someone with the intelligence to check his facts and those unable to do that though :lol:

You know what, you're right. According to official Russian statistics (Rosstat) in the year 2016 men now live on average to age 66 so I was off by a whole year. 25% of men don't live past 45. That's astonishing.

Good job Russia!

The only reason the life expectancy is climbing for men is due to positive immigration from abroad.

anrec80

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:31 am

Dutchy wrote:

Nope, my train of thought (and the train of my thoughts) is also my problem, and not yours. Ukraine we talked - nobody needs it. But what's the "meddling" in Moldova, Syria, Georgia affairs? First time I hear that from you. Was that like today? :)

Overall - if Moldovans want to elect Parliament full of citizens of neighboring country (Romania) - it's up to them, nobody "meddles" with that. Georgia - left alone a decade ago after fixing Saakashvili up. Syria - Russians are there upon invitation and with mandate of legitimate Syrian government. The question is - what the whole Western coalition (including Netherlands) is doing there? Nobody invited you there.

anrec80

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:39 am

seb146 wrote:

Listen, nobody wants Finland, Alaska or any West coasts. Why did you bring that up?

seb146

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:44 am

anrec80 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Listen, nobody wants Finland, Alaska or any West coasts. Why did you bring that up?

They had been settled and fought for by Russia. Just bringing up history.

anrec80

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:33 am

Tugger wrote:
To put it bluntly: It is not up to you either. And if asked to help the west will. Sovereign nations... that is something you do not appear to understand, they are not "Russia" and are not required to "return". The only thing nations require, including Russia, is respect of their sovereignty.

Tugg

In Europe, Russia is perhaps the only country that fully understands notion of "sovereignty". There aren't any other truly sovereign countries in Europe. European "democratic" elites know concept of "solidarity", which means absence of their own thinking, understanding of interests of their voters, etc. In the world lately there are only a few truly sovereign nations.

Tugger

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:34 am

anrec80 wrote:
In Europe, Russia is perhaps the only country that fully understands notion of "sovereignty". There aren't any other truly sovereign countries in Europe. European "democratic" elites know concept of "solidarity", which means absence of their own thinking, understanding of interests of their voters, etc. In the world lately there are only a few truly sovereign nations.

Very convenient to ignore or discount everyone elses sovereignty and only view your own/Russia's as "genuine". But then I guess it should be expected as it matches the belligerence I hear being expressed by Russophiles here.

BTW Russia is not the longest existing nation/state in Europe.

Tugg

Dutchy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:24 am

anrec80 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Interesting concept of "sovereignty", in your understanding it is something of an isolatist pariah state which doesn't care about the world. So perhaps North Korea is your dream state?

I am quite happy to live in a country with less your notion of sovereignty. North Western Europe ranks always at the top of all the good list. I know you are only saying it to provoke a reaction, but this troll behavior is just so funny. :rotfl:

Dutchy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 am

seb146 wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

They had been settled and fought for by Russia. Just bringing up history.

And our friend Scorpius certainly would want to if it was possible, following his train of thought. But even for him, it would be too extreme.

Dutchy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:30 am

anrec80 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Yesterday there were local elections in the Netherlands. Free democratic elections, but yes Russian elites are so sovereign, they indeed don't really care about Russians, just lining their own pockets and that works perfectly with the Putin regime.